Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E06: Everyday Is a Holiday (With You)

Bort
  • Start Topic

On 11/20/2021 at 4:07 PM, izabella said:

Because she acts like she's a single woman with no family?  First thing she did after seeing her flight was delayed was to call Nick.  Not her kids who are waiting for her to come home for Thanksgiving, but Nick.  After Amelia and Linc raised her kids while she had COVID, first thing she did was to take a job that would take her away from her kids a good part of the time, leaving her kids to be raised by whoever might be around since she also hired Amelia to leave Seattle a good part of the time.  At this point, with Maggie away, and Mere and Amelia in Minnesota, I guess Linc is raising her kids.

See. I can't even blame Meredith! Some people are not meant to be/are terrible mothers. Period. I feel like from the very beginning this show set the character of Meredith Grey as a loner. NOT a mother (of three!) << she can't help it if she follows her instincts!

And as I've said before -- just like Meredith -- I forget she has children too! 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, taanja said:

Because she acts like she's a single woman with no family?  First thing she did after seeing her flight was delayed was to call Nick.  Not her kids who are waiting for her to come home for Thanksgiving, but Nick.  After Amelia and Linc raised her kids while she had COVID, first thing she did was to take a job that would take her away from her kids a good part of the time, leaving her kids to be raised by whoever might be around since she also hired Amelia to leave Seattle a good part of the time.  At this point, with Maggie away, and Mere and Amelia in Minnesota, I guess Linc is raising her kids.

And to make it worse she said she would go to the cabin with Nick if the snow cleared the next day. Not home as planned after being away and missing Thanksgiving with the kids, trot off with Nick. You'd think almost dying from COVID would maybe have her making her kids a priority after they almost lost her but nope.

I can't even blame Meredith! 

I can. Meredith chose to adopt a child then have 2 more.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, windsprints said:

And to make it worse she said she would go to the cabin with Nick if the snow cleared the next day. Not home as planned after being away and missing Thanksgiving with the kids, trot off with Nick. You'd think almost dying from COVID would maybe have her making her kids a priority after they almost lost her but nope.

That bugged me, too. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, windsprints said:

I can. Meredith chose to adopt a child then have 2 more.

Meredith has always been show to be selfish. 18 seasons later and she is still true to her nature. Hey!! at least she's not abusive like some adopted parents/foster parents who obviously go out of their way to adopt a child and then proceed to hurt/torture/kill that child. 

Mere's kids are neglected - sort of - but at least they have other people who actually take care of them. They seem in the little snippets we see of them to be for the most part happy and well-adjusted.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, taanja said:

Mere's kids are neglected - sort of - but at least they have other people who actually take care of them. They seem in the little snippets we see of them to be for the most part happy and well-adjusted.

In Gray's Anatomy:  The Next Generation, we will see all these Gray's kids talking about their abandonment issues just before they set fire to the 24/7 hospital daycare.

Edited by izabella
  • LOL 10
3 hours ago, izabella said:

In Gray's Anatomy:  The Next Generation, we will see all these Gray's kids talking about their abandonment issues just before they set fire to the 24/7 hospital daycare.

^^^This made me LOL! 

• LOL 2

Didn't Meredith NOT want kids, but they were Derek's idea?  I think she was very reluctant to adopt Zola at first, if I recall correctly.  But since Derek wanted them, she gave in.  I guess it's kind of nice to see Amelia not doing the same thing (just giving in)?  

But I agree with all the comments above that Link and Amelia are my favorite couple.  They need to figure it out.  Hopefully the preview for next week is just a misdirection and NOTHING happens between Link and Jo.  Honestly, Link seems a bit too mature for that?  (The only one on the show...)  If he still has feelings for Amelia, and just had a romp on the couch with her, I don't think he's going to run to Jo in that way.  But, I could be wrong.

Glasses doesn't bother me so much this season.  Maybe it's because he's actually showing he is semi-competent?  And Nico with his mom wasn't super annoying either.  Weird.  

As for Meredith and Nick... that's a no from me.  I just don't like them together.  He's not growing on me.  He's... smarmy?  I don't know how to describe him, but I don't find him charming and funny.  I love Martin Henderson, so Riggs can come back as far as I'm concerned.  Virgin River shoots pretty quickly, from what I understand, so he can do both.  

• Love 6
On 11/20/2021 at 1:31 PM, DrBriCa said:

She and DeLuca definitely slept together. I'm almost certain there were several episodes a couple seasons back that would include scenes of them waking up in her bed and talking about the plot point of the day. 

Yes Mere and Deluca slept together on multiple occasions. I think he even kind of lived at her house? 

I was one of the people that liked the Mere/Deluca relationship. I did not like that the show killed him off - on a different show I don't even watch! rude!

• Love 4

Finally, they found someone for Meredith- can’t stay a lonely widow forever. Let’s hope he doesn’t die or an exgirlfriend shows up.

I think it makes sense for her to call Nick the minute she realized that her plane was delayed - she needed a ride. 

Also, I really want to meet these people who are with their kids 24/7. Because I have two kids and I am not with them 16 hours of the day but they know they are loved.

Edited by iChelleWatch
  • Love 2
On 12/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, taanja said:

Yes Mere and Deluca slept together on multiple occasions. I think he even kind of lived at her house? 

I was one of the people that liked the Mere/Deluca relationship. I did not like that the show killed him off - on a different show I don't even watch! rude!

I was too!  I liked that she found herself a younger, hot, smart guy.  So what if he looked a little like Derek?  Most people have "a type." 

• Love 1
On 12/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, iChelleWatch said:

I think it makes sense for her to call Nick the minute she realized that her plane was delayed - she needed a ride. 

The issue for me wasn't that she called him when she realized her plane was delayed.  It was that she decided to go to his cabin rather than trying to get home to her kids.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, madmax said:

The issue for me wasn't that she called him when she realized her plane was delayed.  It was that she decided to go to his cabin rather than trying to get home to her kids.

Or joined them for Thanksgiving via Skype. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I was too!  I liked that she found herself a younger, hot, smart guy.  So what if he looked a little like Derek?  Most people have "a type." 

Yes! They really do. (People have "types"!) Notice all the men Mere has hooked up with since Derek died look kind of like him? (Except whatshisname - the one Christina sent - McWidower) < I don't really like him anyway and never really felt the attraction with Mere.

I was living vicariously through Meredith when she was dating DeLuca -- he was young and hot and  I assume good in bed. and teachable! oh yeah!

• Love 3
On 12/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, iChelleWatch said:

Finally, they found someone for Meredith- can’t stay a lonely widow forever. Let’s hope he doesn’t die or an exgirlfriend shows up.

Also, I really want to meet these people who are with their kids 24/7. Because I have two kids and I am not with them 16 hours of the day but they know they are loved.

As others have said, her Thanksgiving was devoted to getting laid, and then when the weather cleared, she went to the cabin, not home to her kids, when she's already away half the time. Nothing says "I love you" like ditching them for a new boyfriend.

Edited by Anela
  • Love 4