Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

The husbands join the couch to discuss the fun and drama of the season; Chris opens up about feeling let down by his mother-in-law; Eddie gives his take on all of the rumors; the ladies get the surprise of their lives.

Airdate: 11/21/2021

Oh goodie.  The husbands join the couch.

• LOL 1

Robyn said the rumors about Wendy’s husband cheating on her were from a blog that wasn’t credible. Why, oh why did your bestie give them life and you ran with it and decided to support it as “I thought it was a new rumor” what a crock - it was all on camera.

I actually don’t have a favorite, I’m not thrilled with any of them on a personal level although I would like to see Robyn in an environment where Giselle wasn’t around.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Ms.Lulu said:

25 minutes in and this week has nothing.  Let's hope that the husbands and Nicki Minaj can save this.

At a minimum hopefully Nicki Minaj makes it entertaining- even if it has nothing to do with the actual housewives…

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Ashley on “G” - says “my husband has never been that overtly sexual with anyone here”.  Of course not, it was mostly women and Chris Basset, Eddie and Ray - Juan was not there…

That being said, I find Michael Darby and G incredibly creepy and disgusting 

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Why are Robyn,  Candiace and Wendy the only people calling Mia out on her disgusting tweet? Thank you Candiace for NOT giving Mia the attention she was seeking.  Dorothy is a horrible mother. As for Gizelle she should be ashamed of herself. Why would she give life to that rumor and then refuse to apologize. 

Chris laughing when Ashley was trying to defend Michael was what everyone on that stage needed to do. I'm so glad Chris called these women out on their nonsense,  it's shocking how none of them had anything to say once he was done.

• Love 9

Does it seem like Robyn is starting to realize Juan is not a prize?

It almost seemed like she was going to cry when they asked about Juan not wearing his wedding ring and she said she sold it.  It was almost like it finally occurred to her he is not worth fighting for.

of course I could have inferred that totally wrong!

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, spunky said:

Why are Robyn,  Candiace and Wendy the only people calling Mia out on her disgusting tweet? Thank you Candiace for NOT giving Mia the attention she was seeking.  Dorothy is a horrible mother. As for Gizelle she should be ashamed of herself. Why would she give life to that rumor and then refuse to apologize. 

Chris laughing when Ashley was trying to defend Michael was what everyone on that stage needed to do. I'm so glad Chris called these women out on their nonsense,  it's shocking how none of them had anything to say once he was done.

Except: "back to Surry County" - not the smoothest transition 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Of course not, it was mostly women and Chris Basset, Eddie and Ray - Juan was not there…

I love that Gizelle stays on Michael's neck about his clearly wanting Juan. I cracked up at her saying it's because Michael wants to marry Juan himself that he keeps insisting Robyn and Juan will never get married. 

This. As you noted, the only reason Michael has not been as creepy as G was to the other women is because he's more interested in other men - see Andrew, cameraman and of course Juan.

I did appreciate G giving a no bullshit apology to Ashley who herself was taken aback, because they're so used to each other being messy and just arguing over shit and never just saying, "okay, I'm sorry."

Robyn said the rumors about Wendy’s husband cheating on her were from a blog that wasn’t credible. Why, oh why did your bestie give them life and you ran with it and decided to support it as “I thought it was a new rumor” what a crock - it was all on camera.

Well that's what Wendy's been stressing for the last two episodes. That the blog is something maybe a few hundred people read. The show is watched by a million viewers. So bringing it onto the show gave it larger platform. 

That said, I did understand what Robyn was saying in her explanation that because she had discussed the rumor with Wendy, she just assumed she was referring to something new, which is why she was asking what was said. And Wendy's big board did nothing to challenge that and just made her look silly, as Andy kind of made clear to her. That it wasn't the moment she clearly thought it was going to be. 

In fact, that was the story for Wendy this whole episode and you could see Candiace, who has her back, cringing slightly multiple times because she too could see what Wendy was trying there wasn't happening. 

Other than Chris finally getting a moment and calling out the women and their constant broke shade against him, the men were pointless. To quote Mia, "ya'll brought them all the way out there for them two lines?"

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 17

Wendy has been going a little bit to hard during this reunion that it makes it hard for her to get her point across and be on her side. She spent the hour seemingly yelling over everyone and not dealing with the point at hand. Her constantly telling Mia to shut up but then dominates during the Mia/Candiace question like girl, where's the ZEN in the Wen?

• Love 20

Ashley was correct in telling Wendy that on this show everything is fair game for discussion, even though I think the marriage accusations are foul. Wendy is also correct in that their plotting was calculated. They need to own that. Ashley wasn't going to have more of a storyline than her newborn. Gizelle's only storyline was her house. Robyn needed more involvement to stay on the show. They made it a point to use Wendy as part of their storylines. They brought it up on camera several times discussing it before they introduced it to Wendy. Gizelle wanted no part of that conversation when Eddie came out. I like that he kept it classy when Andy asked him if the rumors were brought up maliciously and just said that it was brought up in a way that had no regards for him or his children. Gizelle thought it was ok to say just as long as she says she doesn't believe it. That's not good enough. Rumors leave a stain. The power of suggestion is real. The people who want it to be true will think it's true. I still hate that they feel the need to police her response. There was no appropriate response. Both silence and loud anger will lead to suspicions of guilt. They put her in a no win situation and are mad about the no win situation that she is in. 

I was here for Chris clearing the room about talking about his finances. Enough. Get out of his pockets. Another Gizelle uncomfortable moment. Robyn makes a lot of excuses for Juan not being there. Wendy tried to go after her, it fell a little flat. They tried to say that it was the same for Jen Shah, but I feel like we saw Sharieff more than we see Juan. I feel like Juan might make more of an effort to come around if the primary focus wasn't on his flaws.  Also, I get that coaching takes time, but to take a day to support your fiancé at her job should be ok. It's not like he's coaching a power 5 team. If the reunion doesn't fall on a gameday.... I also feel like Robyn doesn't feel as good about what went on with Wendy this season, but she has a job to do and a check to cash so she just has to grin and bear it. 

I wouldn't be disappointed if Mia didn't come back last season. I'm not a fan when the housewives act like they are above the show. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
typos
  • Love 5

The thing with RH is that most times they need each other for storylines or else they wouldnt have much so if Gizelle didnt bring up the rumors then it wouldnt have snowballed into Wendy losing her shit and spending the season feuding with them and neither would have much of a storyline outside of a house and a fully body makeover (who went on to criticize another woman of getting a full body makeover and then call out her castmates for being misogynists for criticizing her body makeover....gotta love the hypocrisy in HWs) 

• Love 7

Everyone to Mia - why would you say her husband was coming on to you!! WHAT WAS THE REASON 

Mia - owns it admits its not true

Wendy - WHAT WAS THE REASON 

Andy  - clutches pearls 

Gizelle - I was just kidding when I said Karen was sliding into DMs

Everyone - oh ok. No harm no foul

😂😂😅😂😅

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

There was no need for a four part reunion. If they wanted Nicki Minaj to have her time, then have a two part reunion. I did not think there was really anything last week or this week that could not be covered in the first episode of the reunion. The last two episodes feel like the same shit, different reunion. I hope Nicki does not rehash the same things that were already covered in the other three parts.

• Love 5

Disclaimer: I'm aware of Nicki Minaj, but really know nothing about her.

I'm personally kind of excited based on the end of part 3 and the previews behind 4.  She goes straight for it.  Like we would. Andy would never point out a housewife didn't have a storyline!

And?  Did Candiace stick up for Ashley at the end?  Was she actually...defending her?

• Love 8

Did Robyn really ask Wendy if she'd paid money for that text placard when Gizelle spent money to have T-shirts made to harass her friend, Karen? #FreeUncleBen #FreeKaren #TaxReform #GodBlessTheHugers

Weren't Robyn and Gizelle the same chicks who thought it would be funny to put on disguises and deliver a pizza to Karen's supposed home to determine if she really lived there?

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I actually don’t have a favorite, I’m not thrilled with any of them on a personal level although I would like to see Robyn in an environment where Giselle wasn’t around.

That's why I'm actually looking forward to the rapper asking these women REAL questions. I STAN for none of them, despite having enjoyed each of them at various times. Looks like Minaj will be holding some feet to the fire. I'm here for it.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Rather boring reunion episode. 
Was Eddie joking about looking like Idris? He looked serious but then he’s married to the woman yelling “he tossed your salad” repeatedly. 

Eddie is very attractive but he DOES NOT look like Idris Elba. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

This was the worst reunion episode ever.

Not to me.  😊.  I thought it was fun learning what was really going on behind all those manufactured narratives and character storylines.

First time I can remember any of the Housewives talking about "jabs."  Some of the Housewives view jabs as part of their job description; others use them as an excuse/pretext to go crazy-angry.  But they know they're using them as an excuse/pretext.  Fascinating.

Wendy felt justified about using outrage-over-Eddie-cheating-rumors as her storyline even thoough Robyn's January text message specifically asked, So, Eddie is a lawyer.  Are you gonna sue this website over planting a false rumor?

Robyn said that after that scene when Juan rolled up the window and drove off while she was telling him if she had another kid, he'd have to be more hands-on, that he actually drove back, they continued the discussion and came to some sort of rapprochement.  I assume Bravo filmed that.  Why didn't they show it?

Karen seems to have accomplished something solid with the Surrey County ambassador storyline—bringing WiFi to the sticks is no small accomplishment—so good for her.

I also liked the moments the masks dropped—Wendy telling Ashley her hair looked funny; Candiace sticking up for Ashley:  "She just had a baby two weeks ago."

I imagine the cast members real relationships with one another are fairly different from what is portrayed on the show.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

College basketball is white dominated???? Maybe in coaching but a still a lame excuse for Juan not showing up to any events. 

Yes, it is white dominated in coaching.  But it's also impossible to get time off.  What is he supposed to say as head coach?  Sorry guys, I have to miss this game to film RHOP? Hell no - he's got work to do.  The practice in the summer, official practice starts end of Sept, games start November and run until end of March/early April, then it resets and starts over.  Meanwhile, they are constantly on recruiting trips and watching game tape.  He can't take off Wendy, get over it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
15 minutes ago, Slider said:

Yes, it is white dominated in coaching.  But it's also impossible to get time off.  What is he supposed to say as head coach?  Sorry guys, I have to miss this game to film RHOP? Hell no - he's got work to do.  The practice in the summer, official practice starts end of Sept, games start November and run until end of March/early April, then it resets and starts over.  Meanwhile, they are constantly on recruiting trips and watching game tape.  He can't take off Wendy, get over it.

I agree. Coaching isn't like being a professional athlete where there is a least a semblance of an off-season. For basketball you are recruiting and tracking kids in the summer and fall, training with your own team in the fall and then playing through the winter into early spring. And in basketball especially, there are games and tournaments around Thanksgiving and Christmas, and while regular college students have long Christmas, Winter and Spring breaks, you are always playing during those times. Coaches literally will have a heart attack then show up back on the sidelines in a week or two. Its a brutal workaholic career. I don't think Juan wants to film for the show a lot, but his job is definitely not conducive to it either. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, bosawks said:

Seems like Andy is a little cranky that Michael is a no show again….

I don't understand why Michael would need to show up this year.  He only filmed with Ashley in brief scenes and only with the cast on one episode (he filmed the vow renewal & the scene with Robyn/Juan).  He doesn't like Candiace or Chris, and has made that known, so there's nothing new to explore with Michael for this season.

15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

College basketball is white dominated???? Maybe in coaching but a still a lame excuse for Juan not showing up to any events. 

There are very few black coaches and Juan is not trying to mess up what he's got going on (even though his team is not that great).  I think it's a combination of Juan not wanting to film and Juan not being able to film (especially if filming the show/reunion is during prime basketball season/events).  Juan does film, he's just not doing a lot of group events.  Juan films as much as Michael and Ray film, the only difference is Ray shows up to all of the group events (because Ray is retired and has nothing else to do).  Why would Juan go to Wendy's couples' trip when she insulted his relationship with Robyn?

And Wendy, if we're not speaking on each others' husbands then you need to keep Juan's name out of your mouth just like Gizelle needs to keep Eddie's name out of her mouth (Robyn's not out here talking about Eddie, that's Gizelle with Eddie's name in her mouth).

34 minutes ago, Slider said:

Juan filmed with the rest of the cast a lot more when he wasn't head coaching.  If games start in November and run through March/April and the show filmed from January to early May (Karen's vow renewal was on/around May 6), Juan would not be able to just take off and sit around Karen's house or Wendy's couple's trip.  If official practice starts at the end of September and the reunion was filmed end of September/beginning of October, he's not going to take time off to sit around New York and watch cast members cry and act a fool.

What I would like to see, if Robyn comes back next season, is her being a basketball mom.  It's something she talks about often on her podcast and something she is passionate about.

Wendy knows how rigorous a basketball coach's schedule is.  She was just trying to dig at Robyn some more.  I think the Robyn/Wendy feud is what should be explored next season, not Wendy/Gizelle.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 12
20 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

It's incredibly white dominated in the coaching ranks, especially to the extent that when an average (i.e., not great) white coach gets fired from a job, it's almost a certainty that he will be able to find a job at another school. The "coaching carousel," as they call it, almost never seems to include black coaches who bounce from job to job the way white coaches do. So it's understandable if Juan feels extra pressure to succeed at his job because he realizes he may not get another opportunity to be a head coach if his team doesn't win. And that makes it easy to understand why filming this show isn't a priority for him. 

Also, as a lawyer, I found disingenuous Wendy's argument that Eddie still finds time to film the show despite being a lawyer. With a few exceptions, most lawyers have a level of autonomy and flexibility in our schedules that allows us to focus on other things when we need/want to. It's nothing like being a head coach. That was a swing and a miss for Wendy, like much of the rest of the reunion.

5 hours ago, Maximona said:

I imagine the cast members real relationships with one another are fairly different from what is portrayed on the show.

I've spent the entire season watching Gizelle and Karen's interactions with each other when they're in the background of a scene. There's a warmth that makes it obvious how much of the "animosity" between them is for the benefit of the show. One of the reasons Gizelle's comment about Karen sliding into other people's DMs felt so incongruous was because it came near the end of all the wedding scenes that showed Gizelle enjoying herself and being genuinely happy for Karen. Gizelle's emotion when she talked about Karen being nice to her girls felt real to me because it tracked with what I'd been noticing about their background interactions all season long.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Also, as a lawyer, I found disingenuous Wendy's argument that Eddie still finds time to film the show despite being a lawyer.

Wendy likes to throw the fact her husband is a LAWYAH in people's faces.  She did it to Ashley last season and did it to Robyn on this episode.  Eddie being a lawyer has nothing to do with what Juan's got going on.   What Wendy was trying to say with that "lawyer" bit was "my husband is important and makes time for me, your husband doesn't think you're important and that's why he don't make time for you."  

That may be true, so just say that instead of "My huzzbin's a lawyah!" because that's really not as impressive as she thinks it is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Just putting it out there...basketball head coaches are well-compensated. Juan may make more than LAWYER Eddie, depending on his practice. Does he employ his MBA at all? 

Robyn can't beat Zen in the relationship department, but she's pretty competitive financially if she's free and clear of her old debts. Wendy just picked an easy target, the one cast member who lacks confidence and conviction. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 11/21/2021 at 7:47 PM, Stats Queen said:

Ashley on “G” - says “my husband has never been that overtly sexual with anyone here”.  Of course not, it was mostly women and Chris Basset, Eddie and Ray - Juan was not there…

Me too. I was surprised Karen let G off so easily. His behavior was disgusting. I don’t care if he got to know her first. No one should act like that. Drinking doesn’t excuse the behavior. If you behave like that when you’re drinking, then don’t drink!

Everyone knows Michael has a thing for Juan. No Ashley, his comment wasn’t a joke. He was drunk and his filter was off, so he said what he was thinking at the time. What he’s probably thinking ALL the time. 

I want feel sorry for Candiace for having Dorothy for a mother, but Candiace’s behavior makes it hard for me to root for her. So I’ll just say I feel sorry for Chris for having Dorothy for a mother-in-law and Candiace for a wife. If they don’t get marriage counseling or something doesn’t change, he’ll probably be the codependent one in the relationship (if he’s not already). As an admitted codependent, I can tell you it’s not a great place to be in a relationship. Your needs/desires are secondary to the dominant spouse. 

Robyn continues to make excuses for Juan. I’m surprised Gizelle raised her hand. I know she is Robyn’s best buddy but even she must know Robyn and Juan aren’t getting married. And goodness, Robyn’s eye makeup is harsh. She usually looks much better.

I’m glad Karen and Ray seem to be doing well but am still a little worried about the vow-renewal and how that usually turns out on these shows. 

I don’t know what to say about Wendy. I understand why she is upset and brought the giant text. Gizelle gave life to the rumor. Whether it’s true doesn’t really matter. Damage was done. Once again, Gizelle lights a fire and then continues on her merry little way. 

• Love 8

Whatever Mia's issues are, I think she's right that Wendy is incredibly insecure, and it's coming out in all of these arguments.  I think she looked bad in her exchange with Robyn because Robyn wasn't denying that they had talked about the rumor in January, all Robyn said was that she was trying to determine if they were talking about a new rumor. And since the conversation had been between Gizelle and Ashley and then Ashley and Wendy, her asking for clarification seems pretty reasonable.

IMO, Wendy needs to see herself as "better" than the rest of the women - she's better because she has four degrees, she's better because she's married to Eddie, etc.  So any insinuation that there are problems in her marriage or what have you punctures that image. It's less that she worries that the rumors are true and more that she's afraid that suddenly people won't see her as better because of her perfect marriage, job, etc. 

I understand her frustration with the rumors being brought up. But she needs to be a bit more introspective as to why it has set her off so badly.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I don’t know what to say about Wendy. I understand why she is upset and brought the giant text. Gizelle gave life to the rumor. Whether it’s true doesn’t really matter. Damage was done. Once again, Gizelle lights a fire and then continues on her merry little way. 

Gizelle lit the fire but Wendy poured gasoline on the fire, went to the gas station, barked at the attendant, got some more gas and threw it on the fire, then threw a box of matches on it.

4 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think she looked bad in her exchange with Robyn because Robyn wasn't denying that they had talked about the rumor in January, all Robyn said was that she was trying to determine if they were talking about a new rumor. And since the conversation had been between Gizelle and Ashley and then Ashley and Wendy, her asking for clarification seems pretty reasonable.

Right, Wendy ran in the room barking WAS IT YOU? WAS IT YOU? WAS IT YOU? WAS IT YOU? (when she knew it was Gizelle all along so running in to point at Candiace, Karen, Askale, etc was extra and unnecessary).  Robyn was drunk twerking and didn't know what was going on (remember she had just taken 6 shots of whiskey).  The lady asked what was going on and got bazooka blasted by Wendy.  IMO that's how Wendy felt about Robyn all along.

46 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

IMO, Wendy needs to see herself as "better" than the rest of the women - she's better because she has four degrees, she's better because she's married to Eddie, etc. 

That's why she blasted Ashley with the "People like YOU call me Dr. Wendy!"  First of all, who is "people like you?" Because everyone on RHOP except Mia & Karen (and Monique) have at least one college degree.  Just because Wendy has 3 more than the rest of them doesn't make her special.  It just means she has 3x more debt.

If Wendy blasted Ashley because of her socioeconomic station growing up, that's very nasty and I wouldn't hold that or use that against Ashley unless Ashley tried to read me about my economic situation (i.e. Candiace/Dorothy/townhouse).

Who exactly is "people like you?"  Because people like Wendy often find themselves wondering why people with attributes she feels are less than desirable end up at the popular lunch table while she's sitting with her tray in the corner, again.

52 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

So any insinuation that there are problems in her marriage or what have you punctures that image. It's less that she worries that the rumors are true and more that she's afraid that suddenly people won't see her as better because of her perfect marriage, job, etc. 

Trying to be Perfect Patty is what did Monique in.  Wendy better tighten up or she'll be watching RHOP at home in Finksburg real soon.

• Love 12