Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E17: Down & Dirty Decision Day

• Start Topic

Johnny is a poor excuse for a human being.  I'm not buying his "why not" BS.  I wonder how much the show paid him off to say "yes" on decision day just to add a little drama to their failed season.  He would do something like that, the dirtbag. 

Edited by Yeah No
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Gil seems to lack drive, a key trait for Myrla. And he is still being critical of Myrla, which, considering he is saying she's "negative," is ironic. 

But what do I know?!

I’ve said similar things before, he is far more negative than her and continually puts her down.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I couldn’t be with someone who criticized me like Gil does, but for whatever reason, it doesn’t seem like it bothers her or at least she’s hasn’t said as much. She seems to like being called, high maintenance and Princess. 
They won’t last, but I do think there is something there and they are sweet on each other. 

It really baffles me too why she accepts his criticism so well, it just doesn’t fit right.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Good, she said No.  I think he was relieved.  He doesn’t know if he’s coming or going.  Needs therapy.

He definitely has some serious issues, i hope he recognizes that.  Sometimes I’ve wondered if he could be gay and not aware of that but I could be totally off saying that, but he has some serious conflicts within himself, it has nothing to do with Bao.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Rachel talks so  slowly that I actually feel there is something not quite right about her cognitively. 

It could be linked to her job. When I was a teacher, I had a tendency to put on the "teacher voice" even when hanging out with my friends. If Rachel spends her days talking to children with special needs, she's probably gotten into the habit of speaking loudly and deliberately.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Like 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

It could be linked to her job. When I was a teacher, I had a tendency to put on the "teacher voice" even when hanging out with my friends. If Rachel spends her days talking to children with special needs, she's probably gotten into the habit of speaking loudly and slowly.

I made this exact same point to my wife.  She probably has learned to use that speech cadence while teaching.  And it's become such a normal thing for her that it's carried over into the rest of her life.

Edited by Sycophant4Lease
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

It could be linked to her job. When I was a teacher, I had a tendency to put on the "teacher voice" even when hanging out with my friends. If Rachel spends her days talking to children with special needs, she's probably gotten into the habit of speaking loudly and deliberately.

I have a friend who used to teach special ed kids and she did this. She’s in administration now so it’s worn off, but it was definitely a thing when she was in the classroom.

I wouldn’t have thrown in the “we can be friends” with Ryan but I’m not surprised Brett did.

I thought what Myrla said about genuinely being happy with Gil was really nice but before that … damn, Myrla. “I hated the wedding AND my ring.” Also her eye shadow was giving Virginia from last season’s wedding, which is terrible.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Ugh. It turned out the way I expected but guess we'll see on the reunion how lasting those decisions were.

This episode only made me hate these "experts" more than I already did.

Were they trying to talk Zack into staying married? 

Did Cal actually tell Mikaela he was proud of her and how she's grown??? Where?  how?

I am proud of Bao for getting out of this mess.  Same with Brett.

Loved Bao's dress, she looked elegant and lovely.

Myrla's boots did her no favor.  She may have money and expensive taste but she should spend some of it on a stylist.  Makeup too.

Topped only by Mikaela's weird boots and that ugly dress or romper or whatever that was.

Guess I will suffer thru the reunion but I really dislike the moderator they insist on having.  Almost anyone would be better.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Were they trying to talk Zack into staying married? 

I think they were trying to get Zach to communicate clearly. “I want a divorce … from these 8 weeks” makes no sense. 

Johnny is shockingly unaware. “Was the marriage that bad?” Boy, you were in tears the whole time. Shut up.

Edited by Empress1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 18
20 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think they were trying to get Zach to communicate clearly. “I want a divorce … from these 8 weeks” makes no sense. 

Johnny is shockingly unaware. “Was the marriage that bad?” Boy, you were in tears the whole time. Shut up.

I think, if he really thought they could try to work it out if not married and then maybe remarry when they resolved issues, he was being clear. 

It doesn't make sense to anyone else, but I think it did to him. 

I think he is really too immature to be married to anyone and he needs some counseling for his over-sensitivity and strange reasoning.   And, crying like that is crazy.

I think the experts should have responded to Johnny - what about all those nasty things you said about her?  Why would she want to continue?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Myrla: Stylish, as usual. 😜 WTF with the negativity, does she seriously not hear it? Her wedding day was, "terrible," her ring is, "ugly." Totally inappropriate, HARSH language!!! So detrimental! STOP ALREADY! GOOD GAH! Then she straight, OBVIOUSLY, LIED about consummating the marriage... Not only did Gil tell the truth, he said WHEN, too!! 😂😂 Guess he didn't agree to lie about that. That short discussion showed they really don't understand each other, but they said ya anyway. They really tried to make it look like they'd say no though. They definitely don't seem like they'll last even though Gil claims to be "in love" with her.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Rachel talks so  slowly that I actually feel there is something not quite right about her cognitively. 

I feel like Rachel speaks English the same way someone does who is first learning to be conversant in a foreign language but who isn’t fluent yet - like she’s processing and translating every word in her mind before she says it so it takes an extra long time. But that’s not what’s going on here, so this speech pace is permanent. Sadly.

I think if I were hanging out with her the pace of her speech would drive me nuts and I’d end up rudely finishing all of her sentences, I give Jose credit for not doing that.

Edited by Spectator
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Myrla: Stylish, as usual. 😜 WTF with the negativity, does she seriously not hear it? Her wedding day was, "terrible," her ring is, "ugly." Totally inappropriate,

What was terrible is the red eye shadow she wore to Decision Day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

WOAH! Johnny said yes?!?!!!! SHOCKER!!!! 😱😱 He's playing us & forcing Bao to pull the plug. Some BS! What's the harm?!!! Uhhh, YOU HAD EIGHT WEEKS TO TRY!!! What would be different besides no cameras & crew??? GTFOH!!! They definitely didn't plan for after the experiment ended. Did his dumbass think the last 3 weeks didn't count?!! 😅😂 So DELUSIONAL!!! That just showed how self-centered he was. He really thought he was in complete control, huh? Talk to her any kind of way & ish & then just decide to continue WITHOUT discussing it with her? NOT ONCE considering her wants & feelings? Ya. He deserved her rejection. I scream laughed when she said no. GOOD FOR HER! She basically said she couldn't believe anything would change. If she wanted different, she should've made it so. She let him control things & suffered in silence so she could say, "No more," on DD. I don't think he's the type that can be worked with, but still, don't take BS in the 1st place. He "let her know, how he felt and such," so she should've returned the favor IF she really wanted the marriage to work. Eh. I guess he deserved the blindside. Their final discussion during DD about her bf just highlighted their poor communication. The man APOLOGIZED & said what he did wrong. That was a decent start to build on, but she just repeated her disappointment & that was it. Ya. It's good they're officially over.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 4

---I think we all know Zack's meaning for post-divorce life, and it wasn't to "date" Michaela, IYKWIMAITYD. But you ain't getting any without that ring, son!

---Johnny is quite deluded---about his own desirability, which "desirability" comprises a Black Hole in the MAFS Universe. Bao's "So long, suckah!" grin was everything!

---WHY the pre-divorce App, Ryan? "I apologize. I never intended for you to find out, honestly, as God is my witness! I'm sorry your friend told you about my App. BTW, is she blonde and beautiful? I'm just asking."

But WHY, Ryan? "You know, Brett and I had some great moments in the beginning. Like, I didn't even want to set up a dating App for like, a week! But hey---I'm  35, I have a type. You experts didn't give me my type!"

Well, Ryan, you were  35 and alone because  you failed miserably with your type. "[Blank stare.]"

---Myrla, gurrrrl, there's honesty, there's tact, and then there's offensive insults. Calling your wedding ring "ugly" fits the last category. Gil, for all his "I'm in love" revelation, had some glum expressions throughout. I think Myrla might tire of Gil's preferred ways of living---and vice-versa. 

---Jose and Rachel. Two crazy kids, huh? Let her dream, Jose. Save up. But don't smooch on my TV anymore, 'mkay? Cringe!

---After my palate-cleanser of "Project Runway," I'll be ready for "MAFS: Season 14"!

(FYI: Covid-19 and its attendant product delivery problems have played havoc with the MAFS Merchandise Store, hence the lack of embroidered sweatshirts and handbags with pithy quotes! But we have high hopes for next season's offerings. Check back often! 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Was that Gil in the upcoming reunion preview?  I didn't recognize him in the beard and  suit and silver shoes!

He looks like a drug Lord you see in the movies.  I had such hopes for those two.  He was so cool!

I know...he looked so different it was shocking.  

Regarding those previews for next week, for some reason when host Kevin Whatever said there's going to be a reveal unlike anything we've ever seen on the show, I just immediately thought someone (Gil) is hooking up with another MAFS rejectee.  I think that's happened before though, hasn't it?  

I hope Jose & Rachel stay together.  Jose reminds me of Bobby kind of in that once Bobby saw Danielle, he was all in.  Jose is devoted to Rachel and I think has really been trying to dampen his tendency to take 100% control of every situation.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Add to that the fact that he’s been complaining for weeks about how bad and often their arguments  were.  Yet last night when Bao commented that she had quit talking just to keep from escalating the arguments… Johnny then denied their arguments were bad. 
We were never shown any really bad arguments, just Johnny’s rude over the top insults… but they obviously had some bad arguments  or he wouldn’t have been talking about it for weeks. 

• Love 9

Johnny needs professional help.  He is so un-self-aware it’s mind-boggling.  

Michaela needs professional help.

Zach needs professional help.

Bao is a bit quirky and very smart but somewhat immature at the same time.  I think she is just glad she got friends out of this as it doesn’t seem like she had many in real life.  

I’m rooting for Jose and Rachel.  

Ryan will eventually find some potato to marry him.  He’s got $$ so someone will find that attractive.  

I think Brett will find someone too.  She’s a nice girl, maybe a bit messy and fearful of most adventures, but someone will find her fun and attractive. 

Myrla and Gil I’m just not sure.  I think she thinks she can mold him into what she wants and he thinks he can do the same to her.   I’m rooting for them but I’m just not sure it’s going to work out. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Did they seriously ask Ryan & Brett if they want to stay married or get a divorce?? WHAT FOR?!!! More like, "We got your divorce papers ready." I couldn't stand the nice BS. Feels so FAKE! Then Dr. Pepper brings the REAL DEAL & Viv points out it didn't, "happen," he DID it!!! Ryan old slimy self! Couldn't just answer why he downloaded the app & gave that BS deflection. He's looking for his "type." The type it hasn't worked out with. Yup. Okay. Naw. He downloaded it because he's so old he couldn't wait a week to get back to looking for what he'll never find. 😅😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I was actually surprised that Myrla and Gil agreed to stay together, but I am also thinking that by the reunion, they will have split. And pleased they consummated the marriage. Myrla's eye make-up was horrible.

I am with all of you in that I tune out whenever Rachel starts to talk. Her cadence drives me nuts. I taught special education for many years and never spoke like that. I think she likes to think that what she is saying is so important and serious that she needs to take her time to get her the words out. To me, she doesn't sound very bright. And since she went back to devil face after he spoke to her like he did, that confirms it - for me. I don't care what happens with them - I just hope he doesn't kill her for real. 

I know what Zack was trying to do. He does send conflicting messages and I don't blame Michaela for thinking he was going to want to stay together after that letter, so I am sorry for her that she said yes. He KNEW he wanted a divorce so he wasn't connected to her in any way, but I do believe that once that pressure is off, then maybe they could relax and yes, date. I do think there is part of him that really does care for her, and when she is being calm, they probably did have some nice times. BUT, he wants to be able to run for his life and not be legally attached to her when she freaks out again. So, I get what he was thinking, but no one is going to do that.

LOTS of rumors about Brett that put her in a different light, but I am just glad that it is over. I don't hate Ryan, but I do hate that he downloaded the app. Also, lots of discussion about that, as well, which I kind of believe, which also points to producer shenanigans.

I am so glad that Bao got to be the one to say no. I don't believe for one minute Johnny really meant he wanted to stay married. I am guessing that this was also producer-driven. To say that he would stay married, "why not?" was just plain stupid. If again, rumors, are true about Bao, I hope we see it next week. 

I am not trying to be a rumors tease - all of this is discussed in the spoiler thread.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Zack was talking this way last week too.  I suspect the experts told him to confuse her so she wouldn't blow up on Decision Day.  He was trying to spin a negative as a positive to keep her in a perpetual state of confusion and/or dissonance and unable to react.  It seems to have worked, at least for now, but watch out when she gets wise to it.

there was a shot of Mykaela after they were done with the experts and she said it was all ok and the camera just lingered on her face--and you could see her processing, and I knew it was only a matter of time before the hurricane hit.  She was working mighty hard to keep her composure throughout--I was impressed by her effort.

• Love 5

No surprise with Zack, he said saying "yes" meant he was happy. On the retreat he got Michaela to agree to divorce & continue until he said marriage to her was too hard. His letter was surprising. He wouldn't change anything that happened in the last 8 weeks??? REALLY?!!! BS!!! Maybe he meant he wouldn't change anything he did, although he should. I don't like people that say they wouldn't change anything when they've REPEATED mistakes, but eh. He looked like a complete idiot making up his own interpretation of the question & ish. YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! & apparently got Michaela to agree to go along with his BS AGAIN. I'm done with his nonsense. NOBODY'S BUYING IT!!! It's over the top too much & I'm just over it. It seems so FAKE! & he has the nerve to get worked up when people look at him like he's crazy. Speaking of, I laughed when Michaela said they had some crazy moments. Uh. She was the crazy. That's all. & he said she must love him. Um. No. She might like him, she might lust after him. But, just because she keeps coming back does NOT mean she loves him. Stupid. He was another self-centered fool, thinking he's calling all the shots & it's whatever he wants. With his mixed messaging. He confused EVERYBODY, does he even know what he means?? 😅

• Love 3

AGAIN with José saying Rachel might leave when times get tough. Uh. YA. If you are abusive AGAIN, MOST DEFINITELY!!! Don't act like it's unreasonable. He's a victim of HIMSELF!!! He needs to take responsibility & quit saying she left him because it was difficult. Another one with flawed thinking. It's like he didn't see that he made her leave & is upset he made her leave. Nutjob!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

I think, if he really thought they could try to work it out if not married and then maybe remarry when they resolved issues, he was being clear. 

It doesn't make sense to anyone else, but I think it did to him.

That's what I was thinking, too.  He wants a reset, and to start over from scratch.  And it does kind of make sense to me.  For one thing, they'd be dating, not living together, and when he goes home it has nothing to do with abandoning her.  So that's off the table for an excuse for a rage.  They might be able to chip away at this from the edges, which I think would be impossible if they're married and living together. 

But then we have this:

1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

---I think we all know Zack's meaning for post-divorce life, and it wasn't to "date" Michaela, IYKWIMAITYD.

Now, that really makes sense.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Also her eye shadow was giving Virginia from last season’s wedding, which is terrible.

I couldn't help but think, as picky as she was about her wedding makeup, what was she thinking with that eye shadow?  Ever hear the term "blend", Myrla???

OK, so I was wrong about my prediction that NONE of this crowd would succeed, but I'm still saying that Gil and Myrla will never see a one-year anniversary. 

SO very satisfying to see Bao say NO, especially after Johnny said "sure, why not?"

Brett and Ryan, Michayla and Zack, no surprises there. 

Jose and Rachel I don't really care about.  But if he locks her out again, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice . . . I'm outta here!"

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That's what I was thinking, too.  He wants a reset, and to start over from scratch.  And it does kind of make sense to me.  For one thing, they'd be dating, not living together, and when he goes home it has nothing to do with abandoning her.  So that's off the table for an excuse for a rage.  They might be able to chip away at this from the edges, which I think would be impossible if they're married and living together. 

But then we have this:

Now, that really makes sense.

It does.  I think Zack knows by now that he could never live with her.  Friends with bennies on the other hand he could manage.  But I seriously doubt she's going to want that and will likely find it insulting once she gets wise to it, which I predict will be soon.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Meowwww said:

WTF is Zack actually saying.  No one knows.  He got the ultimate FU to Mikayla and messed it up with word salad. 
The MAFS Fan spoilers were wrong, all I’m gonna say here. 👍🏻
Bao looked AMAZING. 

I think Zack is saying "oh we can date after divorce" because he is afraid of Mikayla.(I know I am). I remember those 2 talking about when they were  talking about that stupid plan at the retreat. I think this is how Zack thinks he can come out not just alive, but also looking like the good guy.(he is a people pleaser and has a hard time with self esteem) No one could have a lower self-esteem than Mikaya. Her's is so low, she sounded stoked about the plan after the d-day when all 8 were at the table at the end of the show.. All that and Zack STILL has not gotten away from that scary girl.

• Love 1

What's really sad is most participants won't take responsibility for the part they played in the failure of their marriage. They tried to do that with Ryan and Brett, but it was more than speaking up & directly addressing where they're at. Ryan needs to actually do the work to build a relationship instead of sitting back & waiting for "butterflies." Johnny will continue to look for "perfect," while running away when they disagree or miscommunicate. Bao & Brett might continue to be doormats. Michaela will stay crazy, despite acknowledging that behavior is bad. If faced with difficultly, Zack will continue to use and confuse. Smh

2 hours ago, Spectator said:

think if I were hanging out with her the pace of her speech would drive me nuts and I’d end up rudely finishing all of her sentences, I give Jose credit for not doing that.

I think it is odd so many are critical of Rachel’s speech patterns.  She speaks clearly and with thought.  I read a long time ago that Europeans think Americans sound like seals.  They love the Brits of course. Personally, I love slower speech.   I think your hearing an educated, thoughtful speaker who weighs her words.  She is very intentional in what she says.     Want to hear slow, go to east coast elite.  Remember Jackie Kennedy?  

BTW, they were my favorite couple.  Both have post graduate degrees and are in challenging jobs.  They were most ready for marriage and worked positively together to make it happen.  So many comments about Jose early on, I wondered if a bit of bigotry behind it all.  It was clear early on they were suited.  Except for the locking out.  Glad that was repaired.  

Edited by Ms.C.
Spelling
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I couldn't help but think, as picky as she was about her wedding makeup, what was she thinking with that eye shadow?  Ever hear the term "blend", Myrla???

My guess is that she was trying to compensate for the "washout" effect of studio lighting and instead overcompensated.  I once appeared on TV and did my own makeup.  I thought I put enough on but when I saw myself I looked like I was going for the "no makeup look".  So perhaps after seeing herself on "Unfiltered" she thought she needed to use a heavier hand.  Unfortunately it was way too heavy!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Ms.C. said:

Except for the locking out.  Glad that was repaired.  

I couldn’t get past that in her shoes; I wouldn’t have taken him back. I don’t think he’s admitted that he did it intentionally out of anger, which is a huge red flag.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 8

I too was perplexed with Zach's response. Being a person who has no problem telling someone, (who is obviously WACK), to kick rocks, I just sat there, mouthing, W T F?? If you're good to me, I'm good to you - see how that works??? Maybe he is struggling with being machoistic, who knows. SO proud of Bao! She deserved that moment!

• Love 4

WOAH! Gil announced to the group that they consummated the marriage at their post-decision dinner?!!! TOO MUCH BRUH!!! Like, ENOUGH ALREADY!!! They only cared in the 1st couple weeks when it was a competition to see who would be FIRST! 😅😂 I hope he doesn't announce anything else along those lines. There's still the reunion to go. Where they made it look like he said he's, "not participating in this sh*t anymore," but that's Zack's voice. He definitely wasn't sitting next to Myrla & wasn't wearing his ring. 🤔

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Weird season. Somebody critical of Michaelas boots. Honestly, i loved her whole attire.  She is absolutely stunning when she wants to be and has the best taste in clothes I’ve seen on MAFS.  

in the end, it was Zack that took me by surprise.  Agree with whoever suggested counseling.  

Ryan surrounded by walls. Emotionally unable to move beyond first steps to commitment   Was sorry for Brett but she could have handled communication better too 

Myrla the perfect beautiful bride sure did turn ugly in this last episode.  Gil, well, just Gil. 

Loving very  intelligent and confident Bao   Her composure such a stark contrast to the apparently desirable Johnny Lam   What a fraud he turned out to be   

Jose and Rachel - two normal people ready for marriage 

Can’t wait for all the trash talk follow up shows   😉

• Love 4

Bao...that was an amazing performance. Looking all touched and even putting her hand on Johnny's leg as he was saying he wanted to see where it goes without the cameras and then turning around and saying she wants a divorce. I loved it. Way to mic drop that cocky ass. 

Can someone explain Michaela's boots to me? Were they boots? Were the a stiletto with some sort of weird leather leg warmer? I was so confused. That lipstick color was really working for her though. I'm whiter than snow and could never in a million years pull that off but she looked great with it. 

I loved Brett's dress. I know there has been some things that have come out that she is not quite the innocent one in this relationshiop demise either, but I loved her confidence and her attitude throughout the entire conversation with the experts. Good for you for not taking any shit. I feel like I could be friends with her. 

• Love 6

4 hours ago, cinsays said:

Myrla's boots did her no favor.  She may have money and expensive taste but she should spend some of it on a stylist.  Makeup too.

Myrla's clothes might be expensive but her choices are tacky.

4 hours ago, cinsays said:

Topped only by Mikaela's weird boots and that ugly dress or romper or whatever that was.

Very similar to Myrla's. Hated it. And because it was shorts, it made it look like a diaper....or a duck. A diaper or a duck.

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

He's just weird and continues to showcase that inopportune grin.

3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

---I think we all know Zack's meaning for post-divorce life, and it wasn't to "date" Michaela, IYKWIMAITYD. 

IDKWYMAITYR 😉😉 that's all that man wants! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I hate how big a doormat Brett is. Like EFF THAT GUY!!! He showed up at your apartment AFTER downloading an effing app AND matching with someone (you knew)!!! FVCK not hating him! FVCK being "friends"! LET THAT TRASH GO!! LOVE YOURSELF MORE!! RESPECT YOURSELF MORE!! VALUE YOURSELF MORE!! Cut ties & act like he doesn't exist. He did you wrong! Don't show him it's okay! UGH! I just wanna slap some sense into her! 😂😂

• Love 4

Weird season. Somebody critical of Michaelas boots. Honestly, i loved her whole attire.  She is absolutely stunning when she wants to be and has the best taste in clothes I’ve seen on MAFS.  

For me, that's Bao, hands down. I loved her clothes.

• Love 5

There was a clip in the previews of the Reunion show where Brett says, "there are rumors and there is truth." The rumors go to the point that Ryan expressed in an Unfiltered episode that many times she doesn't come back to the apartment until after 2 a.m. The speculation and rumors are that she met someone around the end of the first month and has been seeing him since then. Again, RUMORS. 

Also, about the dating app. . . more spoilers that say that PRODUCTION called all of the guys together and told them (about 2 weeks before the end) to do something with their profiles on any dating apps and that is what Ryan was doing. Now, why they would tell the men to deactivate their profiles 2 weeks BEFORE the show ended does not make sense to me. That would have been something they would have said at the beginning of the show. But, supposedly, that was what Ryan was doing when "a friend" let Brett know that Ryan was playing with the dating app. 

Also, in the clip of the reunion, it was funny that Bao said something about Zack not being too bad, which goes to the fact that, supposedly Bao and Zack have been dating.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ms.C. said:

So many comments about Jose early on, I wondered if a bit of bigotry behind it all.  I

Not sure what this means; I know some people got a gay vibe and commented here but I don't consider those comments bigoted.

I could never, ever be as tolerant as Bao was during this season. She would just look at Johnny contemplatively while he squinted or rolled his eyes at her (or downright insulted her) and didn't seem to lose her cool. I also think some (including Johnny) were too critical of her "immature" behavior; sometimes people are playful and she had those moments but didn't lack for maturity and introspection. Looking at the flashback moments, he was described as "the fun guy," "the life of the party," etc but he ended up being a glum, critical, mean-spirited guy. I was so glad she was able to have the last word.

I also think some people here gave Brett a harder time than she deserved; she kept her cool while Ryan glumly avoided eye contact and never showed the level of her frustration. Again, I would not have been able to contain myself. And although her bathroom WAS messy, it didn't seem to be filthy and thus I don't think she deserved the "pig pen" commentary she got. Some said she needed to work harder on her appearance; I think she looked fairly natural most of the time- I did have an issue with the large amounts of boobage showing.

Although I think Gil and Myrla have fun and had an enjoyable back-and-forth, I don't think their financial differences will withstand marriage in the long run. And sometimes those "charming" attributes ("ohh, she's so high maintenance") continue to be so cute as the years pass.

• Love 5

The only two people I'd want to hang out with at a bar would be Brett and Johnny.  Brett seems cool, and while I wouldn't want Johnny as a boyfriend or husband, he seems like he'd be fun.   I don't care about the Johnny hate. 😄

Just looking at Gil at the reunion show next week, he definitely thinks he's hot stuff.   At first I thought he was attractive, but he got less and less attractive, physically and personality-wise, as the weeks went by.  Fat ass. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

Want to hear slow, go to east coast elite.  Remember Jackie Kennedy?  

Jackie supposedly talked slow and verrryy softly on purpose so men would bend down to listen to what she said.  Kind of a coquettish thing.

2 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

So many comments about Jose early on, I wondered if a bit of bigotry behind it all.

Bad behavior is bad behavior, whatever someone's race.

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Not sure what this means; I know some people got a gay vibe and commented here but I don't consider those comments bigoted.

There were also a lot of comments about his lips surrounded by that beard and how gross it looked.  I don't consider those comments bigoted, either.  There was some discussion about how he was short--maybe those are bigoted.  But nothing about race that I can remember.

• Love 2