Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Cold Feet

• Start Topic

It was good that Janice met with Bini and they had a real conversation.  She actually listened to him, instead of just shouting at him and flying off the handle.  Maybe Janice can smooth things over for them, unless Ari is determined not to have the family life she *says* she wants and just wants to go back to live in the US.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Ari cried every day for two months because that is how she manipulates her family.  They probably brought her Starbucks every day.

This ^^^! Facts! 

Speaking of Starbucks, what were Jancie & Bini drinking, coffee cups but a tall glass of dark something. 2 diff drinks? A hot and a cold drink? The tall drink that goes in to the coffee cup in batches? This is why I love The Other Way, the learning channel indeed!

• Love 1

Poor Sumit. Excuse after excuse and he is running out of them. Says a lot about him that he strung Jenny along. The catfish that sort of got the karma boomerang. Why would Jenny allow herself to be scammed this long? I would have dumped Scumit a long time ago. The astrologer should have recommended a smaller wedding because of health restrictions.  Not that it is in the stars.

Ariela, it is up to you to talk to your fiancé. Not your mom. You know your fiancé is in the entertainment business. He will have to be around people, meet people, and have women around him. Part of the job. You don’t like it? Find a other guy or show an interest in his life and maybe do some PR or whatever for him. Not send your mom and some translator. He is never going to admit any cheating to your mom.

Don’t remember what happened with Corey and Evelin.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

@Mondrianyone, may I add to your list? Sumit suddenly chooses to devote his life to becoming a high priest in the Our Lady of Prevarication Church and won’t be able to get married.

Oh, definitely! That was the whole point of starting a list. If enough people add their own excuses, I'll update it periodically. Sumit for sure has much potential as a member of the clergy. Regardless of denomination.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

They probably brought her Starbucks every day.

Actually, she was drinking WaWa coffee while Avi was undergoing surgery.  I was surprised.  Maybe it was Ethiopian Blend.

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Actually, she was drinking WaWa coffee while Avi was undergoing surgery.  I was surprised.  Maybe it was Ethiopian Blend.

Wawa is the BEST.  

2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

MEMO TO NURSE JANICE: Get the hell out of your daughter’s relationship and read up on those crazy things called “boundaries.”

This^^^^^^100%!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Maybe we should start a pool of possible excuses.

• He has a fatal disease that will kill him within the year.
  • He's an astronaut in the Indian space program, and he has to leave for Mars next week.
  • He's a werewolf. (That would also possibly explain the hair situation.)
  • He's in the witness protection program.
  • He faked his own death so previous wife couldn't find him, and notice of a new marriage will allow the assassins she's hired to track him down.
  • He's overtired from sweeping leaves on the patio.
  • He's much too focused on his career.

If he draws ideas from other shows, he can also include:

• It's Ramadan!  (He could be Catholic and claim this, Jenny would literally never know)
  • He's moving to Yemen.  To be exact, 15 Yemen Road, Yemen.  
  • He accidentally proposed to someone else.

Let's keep this going. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

It's Ramadan!  (He could be Catholic and claim this, Jenny would literally never know)

He could probably recycle plot lines from other 90DF cast members and get another two years! “You have to buy my parents a water buffalo.” “The government says we can’t get married. It’s to protect the human species.” “I wasn’t asking you to marry me, it was an appreciation ring.”

Edited by nutella fitzgerald
a word
  • LOL 13
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

If he draws ideas from other shows, he can also include:

• It's Ramadan!  (He could be Catholic and claim this, Jenny would literally never know)
  • He's moving to Yemen.  To be exact, 15 Yemen Road, Yemen.  
  • He accidentally proposed to someone else.

Let's keep this going. 

He is dating Laura and helping her make wine on the side.

I ff'd through the episode today.  I only watched for these two fools.  His good friend has a heart to heart with him.

No Steven and Allina.

Ellie and Victor:  Oy.  He tells her she needs to keep giving him money.  Kinda demands it, actually.

Ari's mom is overinvolved.  Again.

Kenny cries and his daughters show how selfish they are.  Again.

Hey it wasn't a bad way to lounge in bed this morning.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

You notice how when Bini was discussing the house in Ethiopia, he referred to it as “her house.”  Not, “our” house.  They were living together.

The man can’t finish a sentence. She cuts him off every time.  Especially when he was trying to tell her that she needed to change her behavior as well when she was lecturing him about talking is worthless without change in behavior.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 9

Since Airhead-ola was allowed to bring Mommy on the trip, so Mommy could keep her functioning (per usual), Bini should also have been allowed. I’m sure one of his sisters, for example, could have let Mommy and the Oversized Baby know that A's been damn inappropriate, too--as by not including Bini in plans, disappearing to America (going back on her word), bringing her ex over to stay in the family home (since we’re on the topic of use of that home), and not functioning on the domestic front. Maybe Family Bini is taking a page from the Family Sumit playbook--seeking to drive Airhead away and break up the relationship. He might have some custody hope in Ethiopian court especially if he gets a steady job that's not butt bongos. 

Kid wrote above: "The man can’t finish a sentence. She cuts him off every time." It's been speculated here A. is on meds, possibly ADHD (weight loss), and cutting people short/finishing their sentences can fit with this. Can't stand the way Mommy is up A's ass all the time the same way Ed was with Liz--"Are you okay?" "What are you feeling?" "What can I do for you now?" Is it any surprise this "kid" is spoiled?

Speaking of PrEd, on the show introducing next season's Single Life:, he says, "I was in a bad relationship." Pretty obvious who he is talking about given the timing and his not being in many relationships. Keepin' It Klassy Eddy. I actually give Mahamit more credit, because he has resigned (it appears) from bashing his ex. 

Excuses from SumMeat over not marrying Jenny—

• He wants to live with his parents (non-negotiable). 
  • Yet another paid-off professional (this time a doctor) informs him that one of his parents is sick and the stress of this marriage could kill her/him.
  • SumMeat was so traumatized by what happened with his first marriage he’ll never marry again.
  • SumMeat is going to school to train for a career, while living with his parents; this will take "many years."
  • He's exploring LGBTQIA. 

I wonder if India is a place where someone could readily be “disappeared.” Jenny should've gotten out of there long ago. Money isn't everything. And why can't he move here? 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 4
On 11/12/2021 at 7:04 PM, greekmom said:

For goodness sake. Jenny was born in 1958 compared to Sumit's 1988. 19 fucking 58. Not even in the 70s.

What the fuck granny!?!?!?

I think Jenny enjoys India because she can live there comfortably on her pension (as can sumit). They've know each other for almost a decade. If he doesn't want her, fine, I'm sure there's another Indian willing to be her roommate for a decent lifestyle. Heck, I'm the same age and have no money, yet guys in their early 40s pursue me. It's not about sex, it's companionship and whether one has common interests or not.

Edited by Chalby
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Sumit's internet cafe chat with his friend was hilarious. Even his BFF knows something is wrong with Sumit. "You need to talk to a psychiatrist."

I don't care what Victor has done in the past, I feel sorry for him. Dude literally has no roof over his head and almost watched his family die. 

Maybe it's because I live in one of the poorest regions of the US, but I also hate it when people compare standards of living across the board. I actually think Victor's house is nice for where it is and what he does. It has a kitchen, a porch, a bedroom, is within walking distance to the beach...Not everything has to be a condo or a split level with an HOA. 

I ff through Corey and Evilin. I didn't give two fucks about them back when they were pretending to be NOT married. 

I love that Kenny and Armando are so boring that the biggest complaint about them is that Kenny is a crier. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
6 hours ago, Chalby said:

I'm the same age and have no money, yet guys in their early 40s pursue me. It's not about sex, it's companionship and whether one has common interests or not.

Go, girl! You must also be not so bad to look at if you have guys in their 40's pursuing you!

• Love 3

If Sumit putting the wedding on hold doesn't send Jenny running back to the U.S., then nothing ever will.  

That wasn't Ellie and Victor talking, it was the rum.  Tried it once on a cruise; it is extremely potent.  

So, Bini doesn't want to live permanently in America.  Didn't see that coming.  

• Love 8

I was prepared for Sumit trying to chicken out of actually getting married.  I was not prepared for him saying his ex tried to change him and now he fears Jenny will try to change his activities and behavior.  Yet in the most recent episodes he was just fine with trying to “teach” Jenny to change the way she cooks, cleans, exercises, does basic hygiene, interacts with his parents—-that was pretty much the height of trying to change her into a different person!!  Somehow that was just fine with him but the idea of himself being asked to change is not ok.  

The preview showed her going in the house when he tells her about delaying the application.  I hope she comes back out to the patio with a rolling pin and bashes him over the head a few times, like Olive Oyl used to do to Popeye.  I hope the Sumit/Jenny story ends soon so I can quit watching this mess.

Sumit’s friend was surprisingly egalitarian in understanding Jenny’s position.  and right that Sumit needs professional help if he really feels this way.  

• Love 21

After her playtime with Avi, Janice has settled him down for his nap, and is picking up the toys that are strewn all over the floor.  
This must have been exhausting for Ari.
So, while Ari naps, Janice takes Bini out to work on finding solutions to the couple's issues. They return home, where Ari is passing cookies to Avi in a Pack 'n Play. Ari demands Janice's report on her mission to save the relationship, while an invisible Bini sits in the corner. 
Ugh.

Edited by kirklandia
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

If Sumit putting the wedding on hold doesn't send Jenny running back to the U.S., then nothing ever will.  

That wasn't Ellie and Victor talking, it was the rum.  Tried it once on a cruise; it is extremely potent.  

So, Bini doesn't want to live permanently in America.  Didn't see that coming.  

I suspect that Bini realizes he won't get permanent residency in the U.S., so he's saying he doesn't want it.     Or he finally realized that whatever happens, Ari's parents will always finance her, and he'll never have any control if Princess Ari gets ticked at him.    

• Love 5

Guys, let's not sleep on one important detail: THAT TRANSLATOR WAS A KNOCKOUT. Honestly the most interesting thing in this snoozerbowl. 

I'll take a couple devil's advocate positions: I know people get frustrated with Janice and what appears to be here meddling, but if your kid had come home and cried for two months (aside: what a fun visit this must have been, and it explains why they're so comfortable just saying "Fine, I'll get you an apartment in Kenya now, anything to get you out of here"), I'd think almost all of us would have a lot of direct and uncomfortable questions for the other party. Of course, the easiest answer is "Don't go back," but i also don't think they're bad enough people to decide "Let Bini sue you for custody, we have more resources, we're already in America with the baby, and the pandemic is still making everything long." I think they know they have to make the effort to keep Bini in Avi's life, and that's why they fund it.

Kenny's kids...okay, so that wasn't a great. BUT. There's a harsh reality they deal with: Kenny's much older than Armando. He is assuredly not going to be around forever, and maybe they're worried about either making a relationship with a new adopted sibling, then having that ripped away whn Kenny dies....you know what, forget it, full stop bad job by the Kenny kids. 

• Love 10

Where is Kenny getting all his money?  Renting condos for everyone.  Living large in an ocean front condo.  Big wedding planning.  Neither of them working.  Where's the $$$  coming from?

Re Sumit.  I'm sure nobody has heard this one before but I just had to.

"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I suspect that Bini realizes he won't get permanent residency in the U.S., so he's saying he doesn't want it.     Or he finally realized that whatever happens, Ari's parents will always finance her, and he'll never have any control if Princess Ari gets ticked at him.    

I always get on the baby mama when they are aghast that their baby daddy, normally a super chill fun dude that they decided to fuck on a vacation, turns out to be, in fact, a barely employable, barely interested scammer or something like that, but honestly, this is exactly the same problem. Bini didn't NEED to bang Ari, get her pregnant, then marry her and have to live under the thumb of her parents' financial support. He seemed like he was pretty comfortable dancing and karate kicking his way through a young single life in Addis Abbaba. BUT YOU DID get her pregnant and now you're stuck with all that other stuff.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Someone needs to send Kenny’s kids to Providencia, because there is a couple there who absolutely should not have a baby.

Amen to that!!!   At this point, Ellie and her man are both unlikable!!!  He is USING her and was doing so while she was in the U.S and he was banging someone else and she gets PISSED because he is using her yet she CONTINUES to allow him to use her.  No sympathy here for either of them.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, Kid said:

Amen to that!!!   At this point, they Ellie and her man are both unlikable!!!  He is USING her and was doing so while she was in the U.S and he was banging someone else and she gets PISSED because he is using her yet she CONTINUES to allow him to use her.  No sympathy here for either of them.

I can't figure out how these benefactors don't get what a BAD look it is when they're like "Yeah, well it's MY money." If I give someone money, even if that's a 'loan', it better be money I'm prepared to never see again. Mentioning it all the time makes it gross. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I don't care what Victor has done in the past, I feel sorry for him. Dude literally has no roof over his head and almost watched his family die. 

And as an animal lover, it touched my little black heart when Victor said they had sheltered the family dog in that small area with them during the hurricane.  ❤️

57 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I always get on the baby mama when they are aghast that their baby daddy, normally a super chill fun dude that they decided to fuck on a vacation, turns out to be, in fact, a barely employable, barely interested scammer or something like that, but honestly, this is exactly the same problem. Bini didn't NEED to bang Ari, get her pregnant, then marry her and have to live under the thumb of her parents' financial support. He seemed like he was pretty comfortable dancing and karate kicking his way through a young single life in Addis Abbaba. BUT YOU DID get her pregnant and now you're stuck with all that other stuff.  

And now we have Victor and Ellie apparently actively trying to have a baby as well.  I rolled my eyes so hard I saw parts of my brain that I didn't even know existed.  

I'm convinced most (all?) of these couples on these shows have no common sense whatsoever.  From what we're shown, Victor and Ellie can't even go without arguing for more than an hour.  Bring a baby into that mess?  OMFG...

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
36 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I can't figure out how these benefactors don't get what a BAD look it is when they're like "Yeah, well it's MY money." If I give someone money, even if that's a 'loan', it better be money I'm prepared to never see again. Mentioning it all the time makes it gross. 

Agree with you, Uncle Juice, Ellie is being passive aggressive in bringing up the money she's given to Victor, I think she feels he is not expressing enough gratefulness to her so she is passive aggressively demanding that he should thank he more.

Her 2 options are: 

1. give him money and shut up about it

2. do not give him money

• Love 18
21 hours ago, Dramamama said:

Disappointed at Kenny’s kids and how selfish they are. It’s all about their needs and him not being able to put them ahead of his own happiness. They are ADULTS. Give your father just a little bit of the love and understanding that he has shown throughout the years so that he can be happy and not feel guilty about it. His kids should be ashamed. 

^^^This! I guess I didn't pay a lot of attention to his kids in the past. But man, that one daughter of his was off the chain entitled. Girl, you are an adult. Grow up. Your dad admitted he put his love life on hold while he was raising you and your siblings. He did his job raising you, now he needs to live his life. And do these people (i feel kind of bad lumping all 4 kids together; Bryson and Cassie seemed less entitled to Daddy) not understand that many, many families don't live close to each other, only see each other 1-2 times a year, etc.? I was really ticked watching this segment. 

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm convinced most (all?) of these couples on these shows have no common sense whatsoever.  From what we're shown, Victor and Ellie can't even go without arguing for more than an hour.  Bring a baby into that mess?  OMFG...

I am 95% certain that Victor's whole idea was to refuse to move to America as a way to get free of Ellie, who was a nice nough lady he fucked while she was on vacation, then she started telling him about her dead husband, and he thought "Whoa, I was not trying to get into this sort of situation, now I'm stuck with her or I'm a total asshole". Kind of like if you started dating someone and a month later they're in some crippling accident, and you'd kind of feel obliged to stay with them even if you were on the verge of breaking up with them prior to the accident at least until they were out of the hospital. Instead of her saying "I understand, I guess it was fun while it lasted," she called his bluff and said she'd move to his country. Whoops!  

3 minutes ago, sandyskyblue said:

Agree with you, Uncle Juice, Ellie is being passive aggressive in bringing up the money she's given to Victor, I think she feels he is not expressing enough gratefulness to her so she is passive aggressively demanding that he should thank he more.

Her 2 options are: 

1. give him money and shut up about it

2. do not give him money

Very, very easy when laid out in this way :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

22 hours ago, Kid said:

You notice how when Bini was discussing the house in Ethiopia, he referred to it as “her house.”  Not, “our” house.  They were living together.

The man can’t finish a sentence. She cuts him off every time.  Especially when he was trying to tell her that she needed to change her behavior as well when she was lecturing him about talking is worthless without change in behavior.

That's the nub, right there. Bini thinks of that apartment as his home. But Janice and Ari are making it very clear that it is not his home, its Ari's, and he is nothing more than a guest. Hence their fury at him for having the audacity to treat it like his home and have friends over. These two hags can't prove anything or even hang their hats on a specific action of Bini's. They only have suspicions and their overactive imaginations. "He had friends over! He must be having sex with other women!" 

"She cried every. single day after she talked to you" moos Janice. Yes, because she's like a two year old who wants her blue shirt until you give it to her, then she wants the red one. She wants Bini to say what she wants him to say, act the way she wants him to act, and kiss her ass. But if he tries to make nice, she finds something else to be mad about. So she cries because she's frustrated and wants her way. 

21 hours ago, Dramamama said:

Disappointed at Kenny’s kids and how selfish they are. It’s all about their needs and him not being able to put them ahead of his own happiness. They are ADULTS. Give your father just a little bit of the love and understanding that he has shown throughout the years so that he can be happy and not feel guilty about it. His kids should be ashamed. 

Kenny's appalling children are breathtaking in their selfishness. I've never seen anything like it. They actually said "You'll forget about us"! Did Kenny weep and gnash his teeth and rend his garments when his kids, say, learned how to poop in the potty by themselves? Went to kindergarten? Joined clubs? Had friends? Went to college, had partners and kids of their own? I'm just gobsmacked. How can one human, never mind FOUR, be so self centered and whiny? 

• Love 24

Also, re: Sumit. I have a theory that might have been floated before but I think it might be valid.  I think Sumit is a closeted gay man. I could see him trying to circumvent his parents wishes for a traditional Indian marriage with an Indian woman and offspring by finding an old American woman that he could string along, not marry and know that she couldn't have kids. Thoughts??

And kudos to his friend for telling him to do the right thing and talk to Jenny.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7