Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Cold Feet

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, CattyK said:

I was not prepared for him saying his ex tried to change him and now he fears Jenny will try to change his activities and behavior.

He wants to stay a lazy leech dammit.

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I suspect that Bini realizes he won't get permanent residency in the U.S., so he's saying he doesn't want it.     Or he finally realized that whatever happens, Ari's parents will always finance her, and he'll never have any control if Princess Ari gets ticked at him.    

Or he wants U.S. officials to think he doesn’t want to move here, minimizing green card suspicions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

And now we have Victor and Ellie apparently actively trying to have a baby as well.  I rolled my eyes so hard I saw parts of my brain that I didn't even know existed.  

You kill me, I tell you, you kill me!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I always get on the baby mama when they are aghast that their baby daddy, normally a super chill fun dude that they decided to fuck on a vacation, turns out to be, in fact, a barely employable, barely interested scammer or something like that, but honestly, this is exactly the same problem. Bini didn't NEED to bang Ari, get her pregnant, then marry her and have to live under the thumb of her parents' financial support. He seemed like he was pretty comfortable dancing and karate kicking his way through a young single life in Addis Abbaba. BUT YOU DID get her pregnant and now you're stuck with all that other stuff.  

And then spend an ENORMOUS amount of time and energy trying to change him.  Like you can funnel that time and energy and cure a disease!

1 hour ago, MamaGee said:

I think Sumit is a closeted gay man.

I think you are very on to something, @MamaGee.

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free!"

And parade that cow around your apartment!!!!

1 hour ago, MamaGee said:

And kudos to his friend for telling him to do the right thing and talk to Jenny.

But will he?  I can count many MANY men who will cut off their hand before having an uncomfortable conversation with a woman they are involved in.  "Oh she will figure it out."  No, no she won't.  Jenny is low IQ and has been in this since, what - 2013?  2014?  I calculated January 1, 2014 to today and it is this:

It is 2875 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 7 years, 10 months, 14 days excluding the end date.

Or 94 months, 14 days excluding the end date.

That is A LOT of time!

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That's the nub, right there. Bini thinks of that apartment as his home. But Janice and Ari are making it very clear that it is not his home, its Ari's, and he is nothing more than a guest. Hence their fury at him for having the audacity to treat it like his home and have friends over. These two hags can't prove anything or even hang their hats on a specific action of Bini's. They only have suspicions and their overactive imaginations. "He had friends over! He must be having sex with other women!" 

We are hikers, and hikers are very chill.  My husband has, on a message board, have a female ask for a ride to a certain city to get a boat to Isle Royale.  I don't care.  Of course he asks me, and I look at him like why are you asking me?  I TRUST YOU.  It is a message board about Isle Royale, not Match.com.

Their treatment of Bini is uncomfortable, and in my opinion, racist.  They think they own him and the baby.  And Bini, you have been down this road before.  Get a clue.  Better yet - get a condom!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 23

Kenny should tell his kids to stop having children, they're stretching him too thin.

In a brat-battle between Kenny's kids (the son seems cool) and the Potthast kids, who would win? 

At least one of Kenny's daughters always looks like she's on the verge of crying.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

At least one of Kenny's daughters always looks like she's on the verge of crying.

Plus, she looks like she was teleported from the Dust Bowl in the 1930s, straight out of a Walker Evans photo. Except those people had really suffered. I keep wondering what her excuse could possibly be.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

In a brat-battle between Kenny's kids (the son seems cool) and the Potthast kids, who would win? 

That is a very hard question.  Because we have more evidence, I am going with the Poddhast offspring.

23 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

If she was actually crying then her parents should have arranged therapy for her rather than paying for another place in Kenya.

If my daughter was crying a few days I would take her to talk someone.  I mean, really.

• Love 6

So Sumit is afraid to marry Jenny because he thinks that once they are married she will turn into a domineering woman.  You mean like his mother??  And yet he wants to go live with his parents - and his domineering mother.  Yeah, that makes sense.  I knew he would come up with another excuse, but I did not see that one coming!

I can't wait for the scene when he tells Jenny he has put a hold on the marriage documents.  More tears and shouting!  More flung chairs!  More threats to go back to the US!

Edited by treeofdreams
  • LOL 6
  • Love 17

The way Kenny's daughters behaved was disgusting.   They're hoping even if he marries Armando, he would eventually come back to Florida.   However, they realized if he adopts Hannah, and maybe another child or two, that he won't be leaving Mexico.    It's all about the inheritance with them.    

Kenny could probably do very well if he worked at one of the big expat communities, doing property management, since his career was in property management. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
54 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

So Sumit is afraid to marry Jenny because he thinks that once they are married she will turn into a domineering woman. 

They've been living together for two years and he's seen how she acts, why does he think a marriage license is suddenly going to change Jenny's personality? He said his former wife was very bossy and wanted to change things about him, but he basically met her at the altar! She probably was a bitch from the get-go. He's just grabbing at straws at this point in a desperate attempt to get out of marrying Jenny now that his excuses are drying up. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, magemaud said:

They've been living together for two years and he's seen how she acts, why does he think a marriage license is suddenly going to change Jenny's personality? He said his former wife was very bossy and wanted to change things about him, but he basically met her at the altar! She probably was a bitch from the get-go. He's just grabbing at straws at this point in a desperate attempt to get out of marrying Jenny now that his excuses are drying up. 

In defense of the ex-wife, I think most sane spouses would want Sumit to change, as in grow up and find some direction in life.  Failure to launch is not cute at 33.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The way Kenny's daughters behaved was disgusting.   They're hoping even if he marries Armando, he would eventually come back to Florida.   However, they realized if he adopts Hannah, and maybe another child or two, that he won't be leaving Mexico.    It's all about the inheritance with them.    

IKR?!  They are just so selfish!  They scream white privilege.  And Armando stop busting your dad's balls about this wedding stuff.  He's there, he's happy just drop it.  Is this really a problem Armando or are they so desperate for a storyline that the producers are making his dad out to be some sort of villian.  

• Love 18
54 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

In defense of the ex-wife, I think most sane spouses would want Sumit to change, as in grow up and find some direction in life.  Failure to launch is not cute at 33.

Ex-wife: “Sumit, please stop staying out all night [with your girlfriend] and spending all our money [on a furnished apartment for your girlfriend].”

Sumit: “My Ex WiFe WaS sO BoSsY”

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

IKR?!  They are just so selfish!  They scream white privilege.  And Armando stop busting your dad's balls about this wedding stuff.  He's there, he's happy just drop it.  Is this really a problem Armando or are they so desperate for a storyline that the producers are making his dad out to be some sort of villian.  

OMG, ALL of ^THIS^!

Kenny's kids, well at least his daughters (his son didn't say much), are just little spoiled hags. The crying, the whining, the OMG we won't be your #1 kids anymore, wah, wah, wah! Shut.The.Fuck.Up. You're grown ass adults and it says a lot - none of it good - that you cannot even be happy for your dad for finding love after being so lonely for so many years. OMG, he's adopting Hannah! OMG, they want to adopt a baby! OH MY GOD, they want to have a bio baby! Cry, cry, cry. What assholes these daughters are. And whoever said the comment about the Dustbowl Daughters - two looks like this, IIRC - spot ON.

ETA: They need to fuck the hell off with bitching about everything Armando's father does. To have a rural dwelling (ie: not exposed to big city life in all its iterations) traditional Mexican father embrace his gay son and tell him that he loves him, is proud of him, and always wants him to be happy SHOULD.BE.ENOUGH. At least for now! That's a HUGE first step in acceptance given the culture Armando hails from. I expect Kenny to always be a puckered up bitch about anything less than full adulation over him, but I would expect a little more breathing room for Armando to know how huge the steps are that his father has already taken. And being at the wedding is ENOUGH. Just leave it at that. Maybe he'll not go to the reception, maybe he won't give a toast, maybe he won't dance with Kenny. I mean who gives a shit? Just be happy that he's there, period. But nope, it's never enough. I blame Kenny because if he had been more accepting of the culture then maybe Armando wouldn't feel so much pressure for his father to perform to Kenny's specifications.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 20

Aren't Kenny's daughters triplets?  Obviously they're not identical, but they don't even look like the same age to me.  Their reaction was baffling.  "You'll forget all about us."  ???  You're not six, honey.  He's not trading you in for a new family.  You are all adults, it's time to be less codependent on daddy.  He would never say such a thing to you if you met someone, moved far away, and started a family somewhere else. Yeesh.

Meanwhile, nothing Armando's father does is enough.  He's not only trying, he's showing up and doing.  These things can take time - I wish they'd give him more credit. 

I would like to know what Janice saw in Bini that convinced her his "No," was sincere.  I don't know whether he cheated or not but I've seen more convincing acting on... well, on this show.  That was the least convincing shifty, smiling, utterance of "nah," I've ever seen.  I totally agree with whoever said that translator is a knock out though.  

Somewhere else on the planet, Corey and Evelyn are doing things, but at a very advanced speed.  Almost as if they were moving X15 or X30 times the speed of normal people on my TV.  And there was no sound.  Huh.  Weird. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Kenny's kids, well at least his daughters (his son didn't say much), are just little spoiled hags. The crying, the whining, the OMG we won't be your #1 kids anymore, wah, wah, wah! Shut.The.Fuck.Up. You're grown ass adults and it says a lot - none of it good - that you cannot even be happy for your dad for finding love after being so lonely for so many years. OMG, he's adopting Hannah! OMG, they want to adopt a baby! OH MY GOD, they want to have a bio baby! Cry, cry, cry. What assholes these daughters are. And whoever said the comment about the Dustbowl Daughters - two looks like this, IIRC - spot ON.

Let it OUT, @gingerella, lol!!!  Let us know how you really feel!  And we can give credit to @Mondrianyone for the Dust Bowl comments.

49 minutes ago, Earl Is Dead said:

Their reaction was baffling.  "You'll forget all about us."

If my kids said that to me I would be both hurt and insulted.  Forget about you?  FORGET ABOUT YOU???  YOU'RE MY KIDS,  I mean, that is cruel to say that to a parent.

49 minutes ago, Earl Is Dead said:

Meanwhile, nothing Armando's father does is enough.  He's not only trying, he's showing up and doing.  These things can take time - I wish they'd give him more credit. 

It is like when someone comes out and they have known it for years and want everyone else to be okay with it.  Some things take time.  Armando's dad is trying.  Give him time, guys.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
I really would not call my kids assholes. I would probably cry, ala Kenny!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

I came in late to this show, so I have not seen previous seasons.  When Kenny moved to Mexico to be with Armando, did his children have a meltdown then?

I am going to hazard a guess and say yes.  I need to thank everyone for making me laugh today.  We had a foster pup on Sunday and a few hours later she bit my son.  No blood, but she had been showing aggression towards males.  She is deaf, and we are all dog savvy, but she can't be in our home.  She is NOT being being put down, she is going to a new foster home.  I have been feeling dread all day thinking of it.  She is a bull terrier and my hubs LOVES that breed.  He was out of town and the worst part is due to her stress, he never got meet her!!  He got to hear her bark.  Thank you ALL again.

There are no bad dogs, only dogs that have been failed by the humans in their lives. 

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 11
On 11/14/2021 at 11:53 AM, Kid said:

The man can’t finish a sentence. She cuts him off every time.  Especially when he was trying to tell her that she needed to change her behavior as well when she was lecturing him about talking is worthless without change in behavior.

As much as I don't like Janice, she seemed to make a little bit of progress. Ari doesn't respect Bini's opinions and refuses to let him have his say. I cannot and would not tolerate my mother getting in the middle of my relationship, but in this case since Ari is unable to listen, Janice was able to step in, listen and come to some kind of fair conclusion. I just wish she would have backed Bini up more. So does Janice have the courage to point out to Ari that she is also (mostly, IMO)  to blame? Probably not, since Ari may break - so fragile, you know. Oh, and how offensive to Bini to have a translator there! The hits just keep on coming.

I didn't catch Ellie and Chinny's segment where they apparently were talking about having a baby. WHAT?? Oh, what a great, well-thought out decision. While watching an earlier segment on them, I thought that Ellie had to be the most unsexy woman on the show.

Where is Xebug67? I love her comments!

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

I came in late to this show, so I have not seen previous seasons.  When Kenny moved to Mexico to be with Armando, did his children have a meltdown then?

It was as if he was going to be executed.  His kids are so selfish!  Instead of being happy that their dad is happy they can only think about how it affects them.

Oh and please no more Corey and Evelin!  This idea that she is letting him marry her?!  What the A.F.?!  Good lawd she's a b!tch.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Oh and please no more Corey and Evelin!  This idea that she is letting him marry her?!  What the A.F.?!  Good lawd she's a b!tch

They are already married.

9 minutes ago, Breedom said:

I didn't catch Ellie and Chinny's segment where they apparently were talking about having a baby

Yeah, I don't trust you, I am passive aggressive over money that I GAVE YOU, a hurricane just hit, I am 43 but let's have a baby.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

He's there, he's happy just drop it.  Is this really a problem Armando or are they so desperate for a storyline that the producers are making his dad out to be some sort of villian.

I think that is it.  Also I keep remembering that Armando lied to his parents about the reason for the filming. I think maybe kenny is paying him to be filmed.    I also think it is possible Kenny's management was of buildings he owns.   I think he may be a millionaire a few times over.  I can't quite figure out the relationship with his kids except maybe the had very limited exposure to others when they were growing up and were more insulated than normal

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I wish I could come up with more reasons why Sumit isn't going to marry Jenny, but you all have provided some really good ones already.

All I could think of when watching them was how clearly uncomfortable he was now that marriage is imminent. Part of me wonders how much Family Sumit paid the astrologer to call Sumit's bluff.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, didn't the lawyer tell them last time that there really wasn't anything legally stopping them from getting married? Man, when Jenny finds us that he told the lawyer to hold off on filing the application...I already know she's an Extra Special(TM) variety of stupid but if she doesn't figure out after this that she needs to cut her losses (i.e. Sumit) and walk, I don't know what else there is to say except...please GOD get these sorry-ass people off my screen already!

I looked it up: Hurricane Iota destroyed 80% of the homes on Providencia and damaged the remaining 20%. It also destroyed 98% of the infrastructure. My power was out for a lousy 8 hours today but I still managed to get some offline work done on my laptop (the battery lasted 6 hours!) and my phone only went down to 47% charge. I found myself wondering what I'd do if, for some reason, the power didn't come back on. What happened to Victor's home island was horrific...and even though Ellie said she needed to stop thinking about herself, her bringing up money put the focus right back on herself. Either contribute or shut. the. fuck. UP.

The levels of cringe I experience when watching Ari and her mom lecture Bini like he's a child...nothing will ever be good enough for Princess Ari. Maybe if Bini got whatever passes for a real job, stopped hanging out with his friends, stopped pursuing a music career, and basically become her personal lapdog/footstool...but then I could totally see her start complaining that he's "not the man I fell in love with." UGH.

And speaking of cringey entitlement: Evelin is a horrible person. Full stop. Corey is an idiot.

Finally, WTF, offspring of Kenny? Aren't you all, like, GROWN? Isn't at least one of you, like, an actual PARENT? How the hell are you going to blame an as-yet-unadopted or unborn CHILD for breaking up your family? (Just out of curiosity: They all have the same mom, right? Is she in their life?)

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I don’t believe Ari was crying every day. I think her mother threw that in to guilt Bini into doing whatever Ari demands. 
If she was actually crying then her parents should have arranged therapy for her rather than paying for another place in Kenya.

I don't know. On the one hand, I don't think her emotions run that deep. On the other hand, she does like to think of herself as the perpetual victim and as someone who is in the most unfair of circumstances, so someone . . . please, notice me and how much I suffer. Notice I'm not functional because I'm so destroyed that my fiance doesn't pick up his phone - and it doesn't matter if I don't know the full situation, because I have never let him talk and explain it to me. Oh, I actually don't want to know because in case there is a very plausible explanation, then I can no longer play my victimness to the hilt.

Evelyn and Corey: My, how boring. She continues acting like she's the prize of the century and Corey gobbles it all up.

Kenny and Armando: I can't watch, but if Armando is still harping on his dad's attendance at the wedding, he needs to unlatch. Leave your dad alone, stop eating away at him and let him respectively do whatever he feels he needs to do.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Earl Is Dead said:

Aren't Kenny's daughters triplets?  Obviously they're not identical, but they don't even look like the same age to me. 

They were conceived via IVF, so they were three separate eggs that made it through the process and resulted in the surrogate friend having a triplet birth 

• Love 2

I really dislike it when these participants include their minor children in their stories in order to get more screen time and more checks from TLC.  Tiffany comes to mind with how she totally used Daniel to build her story.  I also dislike it when these participants manipulate other people in order to build their "story" and this is what I see Armando doing with his father.  His father is in a no-win situation as even when he moves forward in supporting Armando, it is never enough.  Plus, with all of the talking heads that Kenny and Armando have about his father, his father could easily be portrayed as a villain.  I think that Armando is as guilty of using a family member for his own financial gain and growing fame as the parents are in exploiting their children.  I don't care for Armando or Kenny as they continually play the "poor pitiful me" victims.  And, wow, do Kenny's children also know how to portray themselves as "victims."

Ellie so doesn't care about what Victor and his family have endured, only that the hurricane had a huge impact on the plans she made.  She sure likes to bring up how much money she has sent/spent as she brought it up at that hardware store as well as on the island.  

I was so surprised when Summit admitted that he called the lawyer and put a hold on the marriage paperwork.  Although I know he is all about scamming Jenny and TLC for all he can get, I didn't even anticipate that he would recontact the lawyer.  I laugh that now that everyone is calling his bluff he doesn't know how else to put off marrying Jenny.  And I'm here for it...

I'm glad that Bini was able to get out that Ari always cuts him off and doesn't allow him to ever finish a sentence.  And, how would people in Ethiopia have Janice's phone number that she also received all kinds of messages about Bini (which I don't think ever happened, and I also don't think Ari received all of the messages that she claims).  Ari wants to be the victim so much and cries constantly to get attention and pity...wait a minute-hold your horses-it just hit me...Ari must in some way be related to Kenny...

As always, fast-forwarded Evilyn and Corey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
37 minutes ago, magemaud said:

They were conceived via IVF, so they were three separate eggs that made it through the process and resulted in the surrogate friend having a triplet birth 

I forgot about that.  So no mother or extended family.  That is kind of sad.  What about the son?

2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I think that is it.  Also I keep remembering that Armando lied to his parents about the reason for the filming. I think maybe kenny is paying him to be filmed.    I also think it is possible Kenny's management was of buildings he owns.   I think he may be a millionaire a few times over.  I can't quite figure out the relationship with his kids except maybe the had very limited exposure to others when they were growing up and were more insulated than normal

Wow so Kenny has moolah!  Heck maybe he owns those condos he lives in and ones he says he rented for family!

Big money always makes a character more interesting!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I forgot about that.  So no mother or extended family.  That is kind of sad.  What about the son?

Wow so Kenny has moolah!  Heck maybe he owns those condos he lives in and ones he says he rented for family!

Big money always makes a character more interesting!

When they first moved in they said there was no AC.  Wonder if they installed it as Kenny is so whiny about every little thing and it looks hot there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

The same friend gave birth to the son. I don’t recall them ever saying if the mother has any relationship with any of the kids she carried. 

But wait a minute, now I’m confused about the pregnancies. Kenny said they used “IVF” but why wouldn’t they have shot his sperm directly into the surrogate without the extra work of harvesting her eggs, fertilizing them in a Petri dish, then putting them back in the same woman? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She wants Bini to say what she wants him to say, act the way she wants him to act, and kiss her ass.

Such a good segue, @Pepper Mostly, into my next installment of Ariela Weinberg: 10 Things I Hate About You:

Ari made it clear she had decided to believe the 2nd/3rd/4th hand reports of Biniyam's activities in Ethiopia she received while she and Avi were in the U.S.

Then, prior to speaking with Biniyam, in her TH Ari said if Biniyam didn't admit he had done the things Ari had been told he'd done, their relationship was over.

Ari was essentially saying even if Biniyam hadn't done what her informers claimed, if Biniyam wanted to keep his family together he'd have to lie and say he did do those things. In Ari's mind,  Biniyam denying he did any or all of the things he had been accused of would be "proof" Biniyam was lying. 

W...T...F...!!!!

God I hate her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Corey and Evelin: No one cares. Get a divorce, spend money on a stupid extra wedding, spend it on new properties. Same old spin cycle.

Ari and Bini: in addition to waiting weeks for a minor procedure that could have been done in Ethiopia, you also had some cosmetic stuff done and maybe had an Adderall prescription to lose weight fast. Bindi can’t do anything right. You knew he was in the entertainment field when you met him, you knew what he did for a living, you know that he will be out nights and have to hang around various folks including women. There are options for not getting pregnant.  I but you did, and the man who is the baby daddy is not your first choice. He is who he is. Hiring an interpreter and having your mom trowel all over any boundaries? Work out a custody arrangement and visitation and hook up with the new and better Bini. He is not likely to become an office worker. Show some respect for the guy. No need to control him.

Kenny and Armando: Armando’s family has been incredibly generous to your family, Kenny. Give his dad some time. Nothing is instant and he is doing amaze balls with you and his son. Your kids do not need you 24/7. They are adults with their own lives. Set real boundaries with them. You will always be in their lives but it is time to put yourself first and meet your own needs and find your own happiness. Your kids excel at manipulating you. I do wish that Armando was pushing 40 but he is still a young man. Not your kids’ business that you are looking at adopting an HIV positive child. This is your life and your journey,

Ellie and Victor: Please find some scissors and snip the chin thing. Or use it as a purse holder. You picked the wrong time to go to Providencia and you are in the way. Victor does not have the chic apartment that you have. You are unlikely to have kids with him and the reality is that you are being used as a walking ATM. You bought in to the fantasy of island carefree life with sunning yourself and drinking fruit cocktails. Go back home.

Jenny and Sumit: Unless you tie him up, get him drunk, and drag him to the JP, he will not marry you. Go home. He will end up in a loveless marriage with some poor woman who will realize that he has nothing to offer, or he will live with mom and dad and take care of them. He is already looking for the next excuse. Maybe he is closeted, maybe he is bi, maybe he got a clue that you are not all that worldly or suspicious and had you fooled. You also may have to force him to grow up.

• Love 11

Please Victor get it all chopped off!  That hanging chin thing and all that dirty hair and beard!  Who knows what dwelth in there?  Plus the lack of bathroom facilities.

Go home Elle.  Make pizzas.  This is not your love story.  This is a freaking nightmare!

• Love 11
13 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Such a good segue, @Pepper Mostly, into my next installment of Ariela Weinberg: 10 Things I Hate About You:

Ari made it clear she had decided to believe the 2nd/3rd/4th hand reports of Biniyam's activities in Ethiopia she received while she and Avi were in the U.S.

Then, prior to speaking with Biniyam, in her TH Ari said if Biniyam didn't admit he had done the things Ari had been told he'd done, their relationship was over.

Ari was essentially saying even if Biniyam hadn't done what her informers claimed, if Biniyam wanted to keep his family together he'd have to lie and say he did do those things. In Ari's mind,  Biniyam denying he did any or all of the things he had been accused of would be "proof" Biniyam was lying. 

W...T...F...!!!!

God I hate her. 

Yes, exactly. And it reminds me of a couple of things:

In Anne of Green Gables, Marilla's amethyst brooch went missing. She was sure Anne had taken it. Anne steadfastly denied it. Marilla was sure Anne was lying. Eventually, Anne confessed and said that it had fallen into the lake, never to be seen again. Days later, Marilla found it tangled in the fringe of her shawl. When confronted, Anne admitted that she made up the story, but said that since Marilla was convinced that she'd taken it, she might as well make up a confession and get it over. 

Or, witchcraft accusations. Many eventually caved and confessed to witchcraft to stop the torture. 

Or, "struggle meetings" in Mao's China, where individuals were singled out and accused publicly of crimes against Communism. People were pressured to confess to various "crimes", in writing. If they were abject enough they might be forgiven. Or sent off to the countryside to learn from the peasants. 

I could go on. But you get what I mean. Ari won't rest until Bini "confesses" to something. His crimes against the sacred family home are all the product of her fevered, possibly drug addled, imagination. 

And yeah, I don't believe for one solitary second that anyone called or texted Ari or Janice, tattling like middle schoolers. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Janice walks a fine line.  Better to make nice with Bini and Ari stay with him!  Worth the money Janice and the doctor are forking over every month for comfortable living.

They've just come off two months of Ari whining and baby crying.  Doctors and appointments for Avi and Abi!    

Janice and the doctor are winding down.  They require a peaceful home.

It's worth any lie or money to keep Avi with Bini

Janice asked...Bini said no and they both smiled!  Carry on!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yes, exactly. And it reminds me of a couple of things:

In Anne of Green Gables, Marilla's amethyst brooch went missing. She was sure Anne had taken it. Anne steadfastly denied it. Marilla was sure Anne was lying. Eventually, Anne confessed and said that it had fallen into the lake, never to be seen again. Days later, Marilla found it tangled in the fringe of her shawl. When confronted, Anne admitted that she made up the story, but said that since Marilla was convinced that she'd taken it, she might as well make up a confession and get it over. 

Or, witchcraft accusations. Many eventually caved and confessed to witchcraft to stop the torture. 

Or, "struggle meetings" in Mao's China, where individuals were singled out and accused publicly of crimes against Communism. People were pressured to confess to various "crimes", in writing. If they were abject enough they might be forgiven. Or sent off to the countryside to learn from the peasants. 

I could go on. But you get what I mean. Ari won't rest until Bini "confesses" too something. His crimes against the sacred family home are all the product of her fevered, possibly drug addled, imagination. 

And yeah, I don't believe for one solitary second that anyone called or texted Ari or Janice, tattling like middle schoolers. 

@Pepper Mostly showing off how smart you are is just mean, lol!!!!  😉

• LOL 4
On 11/15/2021 at 7:47 AM, MrBuhBye said:

He wants to stay a lazy leech dammit.

Or he wants U.S. officials to think he doesn’t want to move here, minimizing green card suspicions.

No chance, the statues on Easter island have more heart than immigration officials.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Janice asked...Bini said no and they both smiled!  Carry on!

Bini smiled, looked soulfully at Janice with his puppy dog eyes, and there was a long pause (where you could almost see the wheels turning,) BEFORE he said no. 

I’m surprised Janice didn’t make him undergo a polygraph test 

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

The same friend gave birth to the son. I don’t recall them ever saying if the mother has any relationship with any of the kids she carried. 

But wait a minute, now I’m confused about the pregnancies. Kenny said they used “IVF” but why wouldn’t they have shot his sperm directly into the surrogate without the extra work of harvesting her eggs, fertilizing them in a Petri dish, then putting them back in the same woman? 

From what I've read, the surrogate was a friend of Kenny's who'd agreed to carry his children.  In one interview, he sounded like they had tried the insemination route but it didn't work, so they were left with in vitro.  He wasn't specific, just implied that the in vitro was not the first thing they tried.  He said that, at that time, the fertility clinic would not accept unmarried couples for in vitro, so he and his friend lied and said they were married.  He said they never had to show proof, just said they were married.  That jibes with what I know about infertility treatment from that era.  They wouldn't have required proof, just the word of the patient.

Meanwhile, he has referred to himself as a single parent when it comes to his kids which makes me think that his friend has not played a parental role in the lives of his kids, she probably just signed away her parental rights and, as their biological father, he was able to step in and take full custody.   He's never really said whether his kids have any contact with their biomom.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

From what I've read, the surrogate was a friend of Kenny's who'd agreed to carry his children.  In one interview, he sounded like they had tried the insemination route but it didn't work, so they were left with in vitro.  He wasn't specific, just implied that the in vitro was not the first thing they tried.  He said that, at that time, the fertility clinic would not accept unmarried couples for in vitro, so he and his friend lied and said they were married.  He said they never had to show proof, just said they were married.  That jibes with what I know about infertility treatment from that era.  They wouldn't have required proof, just the word of the patient.

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I can't imagine having such a "good friend" that she'd have agreed to go through all this twice (!) which makes me wonder if she was actually some stranger he found and paid to have his babies who then disappeared from their lives. 

edited to add, there has been some discussion of Kenny's wealth, I'll spoiler tag it:

Spoiler

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/90-day-fiance-other-way-kenneth-kenny-niedermeiers-job-net-worth.html/

It looks like his income is from the show and the sale of his Florida home. I guess the money goes much further in Mexico, but he's not a multi-millionaire as some have suggested. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Bini smiled, looked soulfully at Janice with his puppy dog eyes, and there was a long pause (where you could almost see the wheels turning,) BEFORE he said no. 

I’m surprised Janice didn’t make him undergo a polygraph test 

If he did sleep with someone - and this is no excuse - but he probably felt internal seething anger towards the whole Leandro visit that Ari set up to purposefully get his goat, the controlling and superior attitude that Ali likes to portray against him and the crazy unneeded trip and extended stay to the US for Avi's surgery, a decision she made on her own. He's young, he's not yet married, his choices need work, for sure. But Ari, you have to step outside of your bubble and put yourself in someone else's shoes for once and recognize your part in this --- if it happened.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3