Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Julian's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

None of them have roadside assistance? My aunt bought me a premium AAA membership when I got my first car and it was such a blessing. The money they spend on pork rinds can buy a yearly membership several times over.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Ok I am an asshole but y’all on the highway. Call triple A. He can Uber to a hotel and lock that shit up and call a tow truck.

Fair enough. If you can't afford a decent vehicle, pay the $40 or whatever for AAA. You have so much more to lose than just the membership fee.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Month 5, he's in the passenger seat at least, but it's a bigger vehicle isn't it?   He's wearing shoes too.   His middle looks smaller. 

The tech at the clinic is wearing a mask, but the other person isn't.   

Approved from Tucson, to move to Houston, and get surgery.   

17 hours of driving while moving households, this should be rough.   It's only for a year or so, so store extra stuff, and only take what you need for the household, or store everything and only take a basic wardrobe, and buy the basics in Houston.  

The minivan for the trip to Houston is a great idea.   Trailer breaks an axle.   I bet the axle was weak or out of alignment tires.    So stuck by the side of the road.     So their idea is to dump stuff in the dirt, by the interstate, and abandon stuff?    Illegal dumping, and abandoning a vehicle.    Three hours sorting through what to stuff into the van, and the pick up truck?   I'm surprised the state police didn't show up yet.   

I miss seeing for so many miles, until there's a storm coming.  Four hours later, a roadside assistance truck lights the trailer up.      WHy didn't the brother-in-law drive ahead, rent another trailer, and come back and move everything on another trailer?   And who moves a full freezer of food 17 hours, and at least two days of driving?    

• Love 4

It's interesting earlier in the show he talked about being stuck on the road would be his worst nightmare and cause panic attacks.  Now they've dumped him on the road. Dr. Now is evil. 

They're nice. Why didn't they dump Steven Assanti on the road to fend for himself?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Never saw those. 

Mas no bueno. 

I saw them in the grocery store a few months ago. No, I did not try them.

2 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

The money they spend on pork rinds can buy a yearly membership several times over.

Or rented a u-haul in good condition.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, aliya said:

As heavy as these people are, why do they always travel cross country in the worst, most poorly-maintained, vehicles available? It's like they're begging for an accident.

The truck thing reminded me of the Grapes of Wrath when they hit out for California

Edited by Donut Bear
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

“ we can’t leave it there is food in there” lolllll who moves food?

They had food in the trailer??? When I relocated here, I moved non-perishables with my stuff because the university was paying for it and nothing's going to happen to Splenda, but they're transporting perishable food thru the Sahara??

Not just this couple, but I think a lot of the patients have poor decision-making skills that may contribute both to their weight and their economic status.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don’t…I don’t understand this? Why can’t they call for a tow or a van rental company or again triple A?

Clearly problem solving is not the strong suit of any of the members of this brain trust. 

Seriously, Julian and Irma bickering about "the boxes" just has me rolling. Where are you going to put those infernal boxes? How did you pack and not label anything? Irma's screaming for her bed. HOW CAN YOU BRING YOUR BED YOU SILLY BINT? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Month 5, he's in the passenger seat at least, but it's a bigger vehicle isn't it?   He's wearing shoes too.   His middle looks smaller. 

And who moves a full freezer of food 17 hours, and at least two days of driving?    

Thank you, thank you!! 
I might move the freezer. If not opened, it can stay cold for 48 hours, and the food inside could provide a LOT of meals without using money. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I miss seeing for so many miles, until there's a storm coming.  Four hours later, a roadside assistance truck lights the trailer up.      WHy didn't the brother-in-law drive ahead, rent another trailer, and come back and move everything on another trailer?      

Because that would make too much sense.  If these guys had as much common sense as they had pounds, they'd have no problems!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Look Progressive, I still use paper tickets!

We were flying to Europe and my cell crapped out while we were boarding the flight so I didn't have a boarding pass. Yeah I print out as a back up Progressive 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

It's about $149 for an annual membership.

OK. I just pay what they ask. 

Wait - I just looked. There is roadside assistance for $99 and they are having a black Friday sale for $49. The standard plan, which is probably what I have, is $64.95. How much do you think he ate in crap food over the past year?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

So, the Highway Patrol or a passing motorist haven’t stopped to check on them? 

I lived in that area for years, there's no way that three people would be abandoned on the roadside like that.   Plus the camera crew vehicle. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Brother has a hitch. I cant believe all the u haul places were out of trailers 

If it was at any point during the pandemic car rental places sold off most of their fleets to stay afloat, U-haul may have done the same. And also lots of people were moving for economic reasons. 

• Love 2