Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Julian's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

We cooked dinner for friends who said we under salted our food. They poured tons of salt on their dinner. It was nuts but all they eat is processed food so their palates are dulled by all the salt

Yes. We have pretty much  gotten off all processed foods and sugar and when I eat something sweet or salty its like zing!!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Nobody is wearing a mask????

I think this is another couple of years ago episode that couldn't be completed during Covid, so couldn't be shown, I bet it's from the end of last season, which means it was filmed in 2019. 

Pork Rinds!     and Chips!   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, umgoblue said:

It would be helpful if he stopped inhaling his food and actually chew.  I like that he didn't interpret the diet to include ice cream, as long as he remained under 1200cals.  From what they have showed so far, I am hopeful that he will be successful, but I have been fooled before.

I was heaving when he practically licked his plate. Dude. Slow down. Chew your food and put your fork down between bites! 

And seriously, he supposedly loves to cook. Learn to cook something lighter and healthier. Challenge yourself. Oh wait, he's probably afraid he'll have a heart attack. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Nobody is wearing a mask????

I was just thinking that! My rural state is pretty open, but the area I live in still has mandatory masks in public places, public transport, and in the hospital/dental school where I go. It's weird to see people w/o masks.

• Love 3

It annoys me to hear there’s only fast food on the road. I used to travel a lot. Better choices are available. 

That is such a cop out, for sure. And even if fast food is the only option, and I don't think it is, there are healthier choices like kale salads and grilled chicken.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

It would be helpful if he stopped inhaling his food and actually chew.  I like that he didn't interpret the diet to include ice cream, as long as he remained under 1200cals.  From what they have showed so far, I am hopeful that he will be successful, but I have been fooled before.

Grrr....too soon.

Fool me once...

• Love 1

Sorry I will miss everyone tonight.  I just brought Mr TWopper home from the hospital.  He had a mild stroke on Monday morning.   It is nearly 9 and we are starving so I am going to warm up some soup and a baguette.   Prayers and/or good thoughts will be appreciated.

• Love 9
Just now, Twopper said:

Sorry I will miss everyone tonight.  I just brought Mr TWopper home from the hospital.  He had a mild stroke on Monday morning.   It is nearly 9 and we are starving so I am going to warm up some soup and a baguette.   Prayers and/or good thoughts will be appreciated.

Oh no.  Prayers going up...

• Love 3
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I was just thinking that! My rural state is pretty open, but the area I live in still has mandatory masks in public places, public transport, and in the hospital/dental school where I go. It's weird to see people w/o masks.

I think Texas didn’t mandate masks? I’m Canadian so I have so idea but everyone still wears them in my city. 

I don't think Dr Now said that he's "not trying."  He said that he's not following the diet and apparently, that's correct (pork rinds is not an approved snack).   And I hope that was cauliflower rice they were scarfing down on the couch before their boxing workout.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Pork rinds are not 70 calories 

Actually, I just looked because I know people on keto/low carb eat them. They are 80 calories per serving, w/5 servings in the product I looked at. I bet he at the whole bag. 400 calories

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Twopper said:

Praying for both of you, and sending you hugs.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

You and the mister are in my thoughts

• Love 1

So sorry and sending healing thoughts and vibrations

• Love 1

Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and the family

• Love 1
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Actually, I just looked because I know people on keto/low carb eat them. They are 80 calories per serving, w/5 servings in the product I looked at. I bet he at the whole bag. 400 calories

Really ? Wow I thought they were super calorie dense! 

Oh no! How's he feeling? Take care of yourselves!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bqsofbnfo64tbhiwsmio

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

My best to Mr. Twopper!!  Take care of him and yourself.

• Love 2

@Twopper keeping you & Mr. TWopper in my thoughts.  Sending hugs and healing Karma your way!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Always,  TWopper.  I hope that he does well 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I think Texas didn’t mandate masks? I’m Canadian so I have so idea but everyone still wears them in my city. 

Texas person checking in:  I still need to wear one to physical therapy and the dermatologist, so right now if a place is vaguely medical, they won't let you in w/o a mask.  At least in my experience (I'm in San Antonio).  Other places like the stores, half of us wear a mask and it's encouraged if you are not vaccinated, but not required.  Yes, we're on the honor system and nobody is checking vax cards like in Canada!

Also, I hope your man recovers, @Twopper! <3  Sounds like you're taking good care of him.

Edited by Eldemarge
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

There's a difference between a state mandate and local 'emergency measures.' I'm pretty sure they aren't mandated in my state. You can't have a rule more restrictive than the state, so localities get around it by declaring an emergency. A few weeks ago, the city announced our mask emergency would last until further notice.

Being a college town, unlike a lot of towns in my rural state, we get a lot of  new people coming in and out all the time for school, special medical care, etc. You never know what the barbarian standing next to you in the grocery has. 

Edited by aliya
  • Love 2
Just now, Eldemarge said:

Texas person checking in:  I still need to wear one to physical therapy and the dermatologist, so right now if a place is vaguely medical, they won't let you in w/o a mask.  At least in my experience (I'm in San Antonio).  Other places like the stores, half of us wear a mask and it's encouraged if you are not vaccinated, but not required.  Yes, we're on the honor system and nobody is checking vax cards like in Canada!

I live in Florida and no one is abiding by mask requirements. Only one dr office i have visited enforces it. The other doesn't 

5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Prayers and good thoughts to you, Twopper.

Rest and replenish.

Cheers.

• Love 3