Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Julian's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

So, the phone rang and I had to take it, am just saying uhh huh, while trying to watch this and pretend to listen to them...I am failing miserably on both ends.  I hope I am not agreeing with them on something that I am dead set against...

Full attention soon, I hope.  They are droning on and on...

ETA...and by they, I mean my MOM!  Yikes.

Edited by umgoblue
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I want pancakes now, and I mean right now.   He seems very noble for someone on this show.   I guess it's his age?   

Mean stepdad. But mother making excuses for the stepdad infuriates me.   170 by age 10.  

I just ate and I want pancakes. Shoot. But I'm not going to make them. I guess that's what keeps me from winding up on the show.

I have to admit, with a young teen son, I knew I wasn't going to bring another man into the house after his father died. I just hear too many bad stories about young men and stepfathers. The stepfather thing seems to work out better when a child is young. When they are teens, I don't know if it's teen hormones, or the stepfather trying to show dominance, but too often it's not a good situation. Best just for mom to be single for awhile. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

My first breaking point would have been passing up a 6-figure career as an electrician that I studied and worked for and now I have to work in a call center.  That's enough of a wake-up call, you would think!

I heard the football in high school and the call center thing, but missed that he was an electrician. Is he actually trained in that or that's what he wants to do? 

• Love 1

Evening all. My eating habit this evening was turkey meatloaf, green beans and mashed potatoes. And some ice cream

I'm a little behind but I like him so far. He's pretty articulate and seems pretty likable. Fingers crossed.

I heard the football in high school and the call center thing, but missed that he was an electrician. Is he actually trained in that or that's what he wants to do? 

Trained and certified. Applied for a job but says he didn't get it due to his weight and ended up working in a call center.

• Love 3
Just now, aliya said:

He trained.

• Love 2

Irma is afraid he'll leave her if he loses the weight, and honest partner to a poundticipant.   She's a good supporter for him.  Even if he leaves her, she's OK if it's better for him.   

It's a 17 hour drive from Tucson to Dr. Now's house of Weight Loss.    At least they'll be on I-10 the entire way, but there are some lonely stretches, without great medical facilities,   

(I lived in Southern New Mexico for 10 years, and went along I-10 to Tucson, and across to Texas a bunch of times.    There are some long empty stretches.   A hint, Van Horn Texas used to be on AAA's top 10 of speed traps).  

A Jeep, not a minivan.  That's unusual.   Two travel days for 17 hours of driving sounds optimistic.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
Just now, aliya said:

He went to school and was first in class. That's a good job. Maybe he'll get back to it if he loses weight.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Are their plates small or is the food on them just really big? 

Right? It reminds me of the Flintstones, brontosaurus ribs. 

Just now, Eldemarge said:

My first breaking point would have been passing up a 6-figure career as an electrician that I studied and worked for and now I have to work in a call center.  That's enough of a wake-up call, you would think!

Right? My brother's an electrician, he retired at 60. He likes to say "electricians go home at 3 p.m., and they smell like money". 

And seriously, if you're an electrician you do have do do a certain amount of ladder climbing and getting over, under, and around things. Julian sure gives up easy. Are unlimited pancakes worth that? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, aliya said:

He said he trained so im assuming trade school but when he went for a job they said no cuz of his size. Well yeah, electricians have to climb ladders and string wires. I dont think he can do that st his size. Thats not discrimination 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, aliya said:

No, he said that he went to trade school and graduated at the top of his class!  And then couldn't get hired because he was really large by then.  Can you imagine thinking "Instead of losing weight to live out my dream, I guess I'll just keep gaining and work in a call center...." ?   Crazy.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Evening all. My eating habit this evening was turkey meatloaf, green beans and mashed potatoes. And some ice cream

I'm a little behind 

Nah. I think you're doing fine. Sounds like a good meal to me. 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

That was a depressing story for sure 

2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

"I have to go back into the dating pool and I'm pretty sure there's pee in it."

Yeah, because you pissed in it, you lazy cow.

She tries to ooze sex appeal and makes big bucks on only fans but strikes me as th3 type that just lays there and expects her partner to do the work. I’d rather sleep with Debbie

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Why does Kenny daughter look in desperate need of a shower?

2 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

She hasn't had a shower since Kenny left Fla?

You are cold and unfeeling. How can she be expected to shower if Kenny isn't there to hand her her loofah? 

• LOL 5