Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Reunion Part 1

Message added by TexasGal,

Hey DMV'ers - we're starting to spiral in here.  Remember, state your opinion once, and move on - no one is ever going to "win" an argument on the forums, so it's not fruitful to keep going back and forth. Also, bum fights, personal experiences with people helping their children financially and other people's reactions to that are not on topic in this thread.  Let's focus on the episode please!

• Start Topic

Mia is held accountable for her "lies" throughout the season, while Gizelle is questioned about why things didn’t go as planned with Jamal. Candiace is confronted by the women about her reckless behavior, specifically toward Mia.

Airdate: 11/07/2021

• Love 1

Robyn: Just because Gizelle doesn't react the way you want her to, doesn't mean she doesn't feel it. Everyone is different and reacts differently.

Also Robyn: Wendy why are you responding the way you are responding to us discussing your marriage and your plastic surgeries? 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4

Askale is a millimeter from a nip slip.

Wendy is trying very hard.   She makes me tired. 

3 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Did Robyn and Gizzelle not get the memo about the boobages?

Robyn also apparently didn’t get the memo about color?  Oh, does it have pink lining or something?

Oh good, Candiace tears.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Candiace is 100% correct in calling Mia out for saying that Candiace would be the cause of her relapse if she had one. 

Candiace is also correct in saying "welcome to the stage". Verbal sparring is what they do, did they forget that? That's what the reunion is all about too. Gizelle shouldn't have said that she wouldn't be surprised if Mia had clocked Candiace for what she said. If someone else wrongly clocks Candiace for something she says, Gizelle cannot get on her high horse and say they are above fighting. All of a sudden Gizelle is ok with it. 

You could have edited Robyn and Ashley out of part 1, same result. 

• Love 16

Wendy and her snide interrupting self is getting on my nerves. She looks pretty though.

Wow - Andy really does not like Candiace.

I think Ashley, Gizelle and Wendy look the best.

• Love 12

I don't like Candiace but she came prepped for the debate while the rest just came to argue.

I also don't like Gizelle but Wendy is really making a fool of herself trying to get a reaction out of her.

Ashy when people start talking about sleeping with men for money, church finger head bow slight hip from side to side on out the conversation. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

I already hate the editing on this reunion. You can tell they cut off certain conversations that I think were more interesting than the ones they aired. Karen and Gizelle clearly did some kind of demonstration about something. Why did Karen need to stand up for Momma Dot?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Imagine having to curse out your mom because she disrespected your husband on television and now her behavior is causing an issue with your in-laws. If I were Candiace I would cut Dorothy off for a while.  

Gizelle just say that you dislike former cast member more than Candiace,  so you used her behavior as an excuse to get her off the show. Because now all of a sudden you're okay with violence. 

• Love 16

Yeah, I think Candiace is wise not to have children. It's painful enough to watch her verbally slash her coworkers, but the way she called Mia ungrateful, kind of sent shivers down my spine. It's something you would say to a child, but she delivers it like a Sith Lord.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Candiace is 100% correct in calling Mia out for saying that Candiace would be the cause of her relapse if she had one. 

Candiace is also correct in saying "welcome to the stage". Verbal sparring is what they do, did they forget that? That's what the reunion is all about too. Gizelle shouldn't have said that she wouldn't be surprised if Mia had clocked Candiace for what she said. If someone else wrongly clocks Candiace for something she says, Gizelle cannot get on her high horse and say they are above fighting. All of a sudden Gizelle is ok with it. 

You could have edited Robyn and Ashley out of part 1, same result. 

With all the shit Gizelle talks, she shouldn't ever advocate for violence in response to words.  If thats the position she wants to take, she needs to get into the gym with Robyn. 

Mia is ridiculous for saying that Candace would cause her mother's relapse.  Mia is the one routinely shittalking her mother on national TV.  If anyone causes Mia's mother to relapse, its Mia.  She only seems to care about her mother's sobriety when it suits her, or gets some attention/sympathy.  I find it interesting that Mia's mother is totally find watching her sisters kids, as a full time nanny apparently, but somehow, she just can't handle Mia's kids.  There is more to that story.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Gizelle and her lap dog Robyn can go away now!

Fake sorry lines, and fake relationships with ex's to keep their coins coming in.

The only real thing about Gizelle is her beautiful and truth telling girls.

Robyn...Nothing!

Gizelle ain't going nowhere. She's Andy's pet; why else would someone with no storyline get that prime seating assignment. She's the Kyle of Potomac. Ugh.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Gizelle shouldn't have said that she wouldn't be surprised if Mia had clocked Candiace for what she said. If someone else wrongly clocks Candiace for something she says, Gizelle cannot get on her high horse and say they are above fighting. All of a sudden Gizelle is ok with it. 

3 hours ago, Ss55 said:

I missed some of Candiace's segment because I quite frankly didn't want to hear the bullshit from Andy and the other cast members.  But I do want to cheer her for:

• Paying Ashy dust after Ashy tried to get another TV moment at her expense
  • Correctly telling Andy they are on a show about verbal sparring
  • Telling Mia if Mia's mom relapses it's because Mia dragged her mom through the mud on national TV
  • Telling Andy and the cast they have ALL said nasty things and none of that justifies physical assault
  • Telling Andy & the cast that she doesn't start these fights, people provoke HER, then want to get butthurt when she responds

And let me say this about Gizelle & Andy.  Andy was trying to float the idea of Candiace needing to be fired because of her mouth.  If it were not for Candiace's mouth, there would not have been an interesting Season 5 OR Season 6 because there would be nothing of interest with the other cast members.  Ashley pumping, Gizelle hobbling, Robyn sleeping does not make an interesting show.  Robyn & Gizelle scowling at Karen & Wendy does not make an interesting show.

And Gizelle knows it, which is why she's going to make a point to come for Candiace next season because she has nothing else going on.  RHOP is now Real Housewives of Candiace...whether you love watching her, whether you love hate watching her, you're watching RHOP to see what's going on with Candiace.  You're not tuning in to see Robyn sleep or Ashley milking.

I also notice Gizelle got in a snit when Andy asked Askale who she would like to style and she said "Gizelle."  She didn't say ANYTHING bad about Gizelle's style...for all Gizelle knew, Askale could've said "I have some pieces I think would look amazing on Gizelle."  But Gizelle got into a snit.  Note: Askale came on as "Robyn's friend" but on the show has been hanging out with Wendy and Candiace.

Gizelle sees a Brown Girls' Coalition forming with Candiace, Wendy and Askale that will be in opposition to the GEB + Ashley, with Karen in the middle, and Gizelle don't like it.  Gizelle sees how many people get popularity and clicks by saying Candiace needs her ass beat and she wants in.

Candiace needs to keep it light with Gizelle because Gizelle wants a TV moment at Candiace's expense.  She knows Ashley has no storyline without fighting with Candiace, which is why she paid Ashley dust on this episode and on the last one or two episodes.  Make Gizelle & Ashley come up with their own storylines instead of using her for camera time. Make them hoes earn their paycheck without involving her in their mess.

And Darby Barbie is the LAST person that needs to be looking down on Mia and her gownz, being married to the degenerate she's married to for money.  I will say Ashley looked good on this reunion.

I was actually interested in Mia's story about the ballgown strip club, how she met/married G and the fact she had Massage Envy franchises before the Joint.  Whether G gave her those businesses or not, it's a whole lot more than anyone's husband on the opposite side of the stage ever gave them.

• Love 20

One last thing on Karen, Andy, Gizelle and Jamal's taxes:

The last tax year Jamal & Gizelle were together was 2007.  She filed for divorce in 2008.  I doubt seriously she filed "married jointly" for tax year 2008.  I believe Jamal is being slapped for back taxes for 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018.

The IRS doesn't just up and slap you with a lien.  They will write you a letter first.  If Gizelle got a letter from the IRS saying "hey you owe for tax year 2008" and Gizelle paid what she owed and kept it moving, she would not need to "lawyer up," Karen.  Karen, you're just mad you were responsible for Ray's taxes.  Just say that instead of trying to invent a scenario where Gizelle needs to be concerned the IRS is coming after her for Jamal's taxes.

Andy tried it too with the "Well, Jamal's taxes do affect your children."  No, Andy, IRS isn't coming after Grace and the twins for Jamal's back taxes.  The tax lien "might" lessen the child support Gizelle receives but child support from Jamal is going to come to an end in another 2 years anyway.

Gizelle was wrong for the taxes T-shirt.

But Gizelle is not responsible for Jamal's tax liens, especially since 90% of the liens are for his taxes AFTER he divorced Gizelle.  Nice try, though.

• Love 21

I agree with all you say @drivethroo but wonder what, if any, tax/IRS implications there may be for Gizelle's daughters with that restaurant that Jamal "gave" them.  That entire thing just read as super scammy, and I didn't think it was a cute idea for Gizelle to publicly seem like she was in agreement with that.  

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I find it interesting that Mia's mother is totally find watching her sisters kids, as a full time nanny apparently, but somehow, she just can't handle Mia's kids.  There is more to that story.  

I personally think Mia's mom feels like she can't relate to the luxury lifestyle that Mia, Gordon, and kids enjoy. She's probably more comfortable being around the sister. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I agree with all you say @drivethroo but wonder what, if any, tax/IRS implications there may be for Gizelle's daughters with that restaurant that Jamal "gave" them.  That entire thing just read as super scammy, and I didn't think it was a cute idea for Gizelle to publicly seem like she was in agreement with that.  

There may be implications in the future (although I doubt they actually owned the restaurant, probably just shares of the restaurant and it was probably through a LLC which would probably limit their liability).  But Jamal "gave them the restaurant" in 2019/2020.  His tax liens are from years spanning 2008-2018 so Jamal's liens from 2008-2018 have nothing to do with the girls.  Andy & Karen were trying to have a "gotcha" moment with the taxes and there's no there there ---Gizelle is not liable for Jamal's taxes like Karen was for Ray.

• Love 6

I'm not surprised about Ashley being Darby's Barbie. What's understood doesn't need to be said.

Mia trying to explain her vaginal surgeries was fun. I like that she doesn't shake easily. If she's being truthful about how she got her start, then Mia may be a boss. Shit. Who am I kidding? This woman didn't even know her own age, what part of her lady bits got rejuvenated or whether she was a bartender or a stripper. She also makes up stories (telling Wendy that Gizelle said Wendy is a "weak bitch" is just one we caught). I don't believe Mia's doing anything at those chiropractic places except picking out the decor. She definitely ain't looking at balance sheets and quarterly reports. Nice try, Mia.

I find it interesting that Robyn had no idea about Gizelle dating someone. I've seen others who believe Giz totally made it up. I don't know. I just see that she plays her cards close. If something were to become steady than Robyn would probably learn about it then. Ain't nothing wrong with taking time for yourself, so hopefully, Gizelle would just say that rather than inventing someone.

It's funny that the ladies are so concerned about Gizelle's brief reunion with Jamal. I think they're more concerned than she ever was. I never believed that Gizelle was invested on a personal level. This felt like a storyline -- plain and simple. A terrible storyline, IMO, that made her look stupid and desperate, but a storyline nonetheless. Giz and Jamal always looked like brother and sister sitting next to each other. Any chemistry they had dissipated in the early aughts.

• Love 14

I thought Mia did great in part 1. She didn’t let anyone rattle her. Not Wendy with her commentary and even though the gnat Candiace did give her a decent read, it was poor Candyass crying as usual. Mia is responsible for her mom but it’s Candass who has the most messed up family of all. Boo friggin hoo. 
I loved that Gizelle said if you get clocked it’s on you! Thank you! She should have said that a year ago but she hated Monique so took the gnats side. 
Wendy’s fake bitter will turn real when they bring up the topic of Eddie. Until then I guess she will mutter to herself. The professor turned reality housewife with her big fake titties on display. She’s so proud and doesn’t realize what she turned herself into.
Even though I hope to never hear the phrase Darby’s Barbie again, Ashley did look good. Candass just looks jealous when she comes for her looks. Also just admit the video was low budget. They obviously have money issues, why blow a ton of money on a  real housewife music career video?

• Love 17

it was poor Candyass crying as usual

it ain't a reunion if Candyass ain't crying...with her prop tissue paper to boot.

maxresdefault.jpg

Even though I hope to never hear the phrase Darby’s Barbie again

So say we all.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

Candass will never completely cut Dorothy off because Dorothy still supports her financially. She can deny it all she wants but her husband doesn’t truly work. He may do a few classes but it appears he mostly sits around drinking. He should have never moved into Dots townhouse. A grown married man needs to provide. Period. 

• Love 10

If Mia was truly worried about her mother's sobriety, she would NOT have brought her on television to parade and berate her for a storyline. I'm sure Mia stalks these comments because she called Candiace "candyass" when they were arguing.  It's not Candiace's fault that her mother decided to put an extra "i" in her name.  So Mia if you're reading this go find another storyline and stop using your recovering mother and Candiace. 

A mother like Dorothy deserves no contact. Chris said during his Alex Salter interview,  that Dorothy never called him unless Candiace wasn't speaking to her. So he doesn't know how she knows so much about his life and marriage.  Dorothy was all over Instagram talking about she was just saying things for TV.  No Dorothy,  you're a narcissist who doesn't like the fact that your daughter loves both her father and step-father. You're also angry you couldn't control who she married.  She didn't marry a doctor or lawyer like you wanted her to, she married a chef because that's who she fell in love with.  As a former mental health worker,  I feel sorry for the all the children who went to her for therapy. Dorothy probably gaslit the hell out of Candiace as a child.

5 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Someone asked Dorothy on twitter how she and Chris were, and she replied that they were fine and that he's looking for a job. 

She's horrible.  The man does online cooking classes,  works as a private chef and is a restaurant consultant. She should just say that she doesn't like that her daughter married a Chef and move along. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
23 minutes ago, spunky said:

If Mia was truly worried about her mother's sobriety, she would NOT have brought her on television to parade and berate her for a storyline. I'm sure Mia stalks these comments because she called Candiace "candyass" when they were arguing.  It's not Candiace's fault that her mother decided to put an extra "i" in her name.  So Mia if you're reading this go find another storyline and stop using your recovering mother and Candiace. 

Mia is a fan of the show and has said as such. She knew about all the ladies when she got there. That's why she did a round robin on fighting with everyone, except Karen obviously, when she came on to see which would stick and solidify her place on the show. She landed on Candiace. I'm SO glad Candiace called her out on blaming Candiace for a a possible relapse. Mia took every opportunity in every scene with her mom to say how horrible she was when Mia was a child, and finally ended when her mom would get tears and say she wants a better relationship. She put all of her mother's struggles on TV, and now it is Candiace's fault if she relapses? Wrong, Mia. 

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Mia is a fan of the show and has said as such. She knew about all the ladies when she got there. That's why she did a round robin on fighting with everyone, except Karen obviously, when she came on to see which would stick and solidify her place on the show. She landed on Candiace. I'm SO glad Candiace called her out on blaming Candiace for a a possible relapse. Mia took every opportunity in every scene with her mom to say how horrible she was when Mia was a child, and finally ended when her mom would get tears and say she wants a better relationship. She put all of her mother's struggles on TV, and now it is Candiace's fault if she relapses? Wrong, Mia. 

And she's now friends with former cast member.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I think Gizelle was irritated by Askale saying she wanted to style her because she constantly gets slammed for her “style” or lack thereof. Askale may have been innocent but I don’t blame Gizelle for getting defensive.

I also SMH at the ladies who question her men/dating/confidence issues. She is messy but the woman is gorgeous and probably doesn’t have a huge problem attracting men. Calling her “lonely” etc…*shrug*

• Love 12

I wonder how Giz would’ve felt if Karen would’ve clocked her when she wore that shirt about Ray? Or if Wendy had punched her lights out when she started talking about Eddie cheating on her and her surgeries? If we’re playing the game where we can justify an ass beating because of words that someone says then let’s talk about when everyone in the cast has done something that makes another person upset, how about if Candiace, instead of saying her mom was low budget, went and punched Mia when she said her video was low budget? It makes no sense because it’s not sensible and at any moment one of them should be expecting a physical altercation when they say something nasty.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I also notice Gizelle got in a snit when Andy asked Askale who she would like to style and she said "Gizelle."  She didn't say ANYTHING bad about Gizelle's style...for all Gizelle knew, Askale could've said "I have some pieces I think would look amazing on Gizelle."  But Gizelle got into a snit.  Note: Askale came on as "Robyn's friend" but on the show has been hanging out with Wendy and Candiace.

I thought that the reason she was feeling a way was because Andy started the show with the discussion about "Isn't Gizelle's styling tragic?" and then everyone took shots at her unfortunate clothing choices. For the record, I do think that she sometimes has great picks (the Ray Darden African print dress she wore in Portugal and her dress at the vow renewal being two examples), but the problem is the 70% of the time that she's bad, its REALLY bad. Too much bedazzling, too many distressed holes, too deep into the TJ Maxx racks and often, too tight, too short, too flowery, and too tragic. One thing I will give her is that she truly does like everything she puts herself in, because she never looks uncomfortable or distressed in some of these clown outfits. 

I was actually interested in Mia's story about the ballgown strip club, how she met/married G and the fact she had Massage Envy franchises before the Joint.  Whether G gave her those businesses or not, it's a whole lot more than anyone's husband on the opposite side of the stage ever gave them.

I absolutely believed this story. Strippers have tons of cash and need places to put it to keep from blowing it all. Buying into a franchise is a good investment as a post-stripper job, especially one where you can turn your current clients into future customers. Taking her hustle slightly more legitimate and having a place where those guys could also have their wives turn into customers seems like a smart thing. 

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Ss55 said:

I get it! 

4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I loved that Gizelle said if you get clocked it’s on you! Thank you! She should have said that a year ago but she hated Monique so took the gnats side. 

That's just a true statement, It doesn't mean Giselle wants to see her get dragged again.

Wendy just shut up! they'll get to you soon enough.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

If Gizelle now thinks that violence is an appropriate response to words, then Karen would have been in the right to slap the canks off her ankles when she said Ray wanted Erica Liles.

I see some were getting annoyed with Wendy, but I loved that she was keeping her foot on ALL THE TIERS of Gizelle's neck. I really couldn't enjoy last reunion's Giz dragging, because I just couldn't get behind Fistnique! 

Mia's social media antics have made her wholly unlikeable for me. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

At times the show can feel overly produced, and I think that question towards Askale about who she would style was one of those moments. I feel as if they prepped her beforehand and let her know that saying Gizelle's name would give her some brownie points for the show. She could have said anyone's name and said something more positive like X person has an amazing body and I would love to enhance it. I really think the show is setting up the stage for a possible wedge driven between Robyn and Gizelle by Askale, because they will have these little shade moments to use as flashbacks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, spunky said:

Imagine having to curse out your mom because she disrespected your husband on television and now her behavior is causing an issue with your in-laws. If I were Candiace I would cut Dorothy off for a while.  

Gizelle just say that you dislike former cast member more than Candiace,  so you used her behavior as an excuse to get her off the show. Because now all of a sudden you're okay with violence. 

Exactly this is what I mean about Gizelle's hypocritical ass, last season she came with bodyguard to the reunion because of  Monique, now this season it's okay if someone punches Candiace in the face. Chile please ! 

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I see some were getting annoyed with Wendy, but I loved that she was keeping her foot on ALL THE TIERS of Gizelle's neck.

True, but that's what makes Wendy so . . . disappointing to me. She has the smarts to outmaneuver the other ladies, but not the confidence, so her reads have an underlying tone of spotlight-clutching desperation. I actually groaned out loud when I saw that she brought reference materials. Seriously? Did she learn nothing from last year? The Thirst Book never wins.

And as someone who dislikes both of them, I believe that Gizelle is way too good for Van Jones.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Giselle didn't say it was okay, she just said she wouldn't have been surprised.

Yes, but she also said , it would have been like  Oh" Well" if Candiance got clocked, which mean to me it's okay ..  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, byrd said:

Exactly this is what I mean about Gizelle's hypocritical ass, last season she came with bodyguard to the reunion because of  Monique, now this season it's okay if someone punches Candiace in the face. Chile please ! 

Gizelle is not her friend.  I hope Candiace ignores the trifecta of misery (Gizelle, Ashley and Mia) next season and promotes her projects. Let those three truly earn their checks.

• Love 7
Just now, spunky said:

Gizelle is not her friend.  I hope Candiace ignores the trifecta of misery (Gizelle, Ashley and Mia) next season and promotes her projects. Let those three truly earn their checks.

Gizelle is no one's friend. I have to say , Robyn irritates the hell out of me coming to Gizelle's defense before Gizelle can even open her mouth .

• Love 14
14 hours ago, dosodog said:

Why are they even discussing Jamal?

That was last season for goodness sakes. 

Andy’s attempt to make Gizelle relevant given her first place position next to him. She had zero storyline this season.

• Love 11