Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Reunion Part 1

Message added by TexasGal,

Hey DMV'ers - we're starting to spiral in here.  Remember, state your opinion once, and move on - no one is ever going to "win" an argument on the forums, so it's not fruitful to keep going back and forth. Also, bum fights, personal experiences with people helping their children financially and other people's reactions to that are not on topic in this thread.  Let's focus on the episode please!

• Start Topic

I was hoping we'd get to see Prof. Wendy's exhibits in her case against Gizelle from the teaser.  I wonder how many episodes of the reunion we'll have to wait before the blown up tweets get displayed?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, byrd said:

Gizelle is no one's friend. I have to say , Robyn irritates the hell out of me coming to Gizelle's defense before Gizelle can even open her mouth .

To quote her daughter "she's an emotionless vampire."

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, StillHere said:

How are the Bassetts paying for their home when Chris doesn’t earn?

I expect the $400k-$500k per year that Candiace earns from the show helps. Also, Chris is working as a private chef and doing cooking classes. Even if he only gets 3-4 jobs a month, he would clear $3k-4k per month. That probably covers utilities and his child support. 😏

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Ss55 said:

I think Gizelle was irritated by Askale saying she wanted to style her because she constantly gets slammed for her “style” or lack thereof. Askale may have been innocent but I don’t blame Gizelle for getting defensive.

Gizelle has never gotten as irritated with the other cast members saying she has tacky style, can't dress etc as she did with Askale saying she would like to style Gizelle.  Gizelle has paid "Robyn's friend" Askale dust all season and was probably irritated at all of Askale's (good) questions and Askale looking at the stairs to nowhere and not wanting to see the inside of her house.  Gizelle was probably like "no tv time for you, lady."

2 hours ago, Countess said:

It makes no sense because it’s not sensible and at any moment one of them should be expecting a physical altercation when they say something nasty.

Andy can't be lovey dovey with Peach Juice, who has started numerous fights but tsk tsking at Candiace.  And if Grace/Twins say something smart to some girl at their school and that girl pops Grace/Twins in the face, Gizelle bet not be running to the school demanding consequences and repercussion for the other girl.  It's the hypocrisy for me (and blatant attempt on Gizelle's part to get clout & likes by joining the Candiace Needs Her Ass Beat train).

2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I thought that the reason she was feeling a way was because Andy started the show with the discussion about "Isn't Gizelle's styling tragic?" and then everyone took shots at her unfortunate clothing choices.

She didn't have an attitude with any of the others, including Candiace who was sitting right next to her, like she did with Askale.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Giselle didn't say it was ok, she just said she wouldn't have been surprised.

Yes, after giving Monique a lecture last year that it was NEVER ok to put your hands on another person, Monique had embarassed black women on TV and Gizelle was teaching HER GIRLS how to handle themselves without violence.

Let's be clear about what Gizelle is doing.  She got busted for the 2nd season in a row trying to bring rumors about somebody's marriage/husband/children to the show, she's getting torn down on social media for that AND for the colorism on RHOP.  One of the best ways to get your popularity popping is to go up against the cast member people hate (Wendy vs. Robyn & Gizelle) so Gizelle is trying to project <<< the hate she's getting back on to Candiace and the best way to do that is to say "Well you know what, I agree. Your ass SHOULD get beat for what comes out of your mouth."

Gizelle is going to make it her mission to get rid of Candiace next season and Candiace needs to make those hoes sing for their supper by paying them dust (like she blew off Ashley when Ashley tried to pipe up on her again ---we'll see if this continues throughout the reunion).

Andy’s attempt to make Gizelle relevant given her first place position next to him. She had zero storyline this season.

Which is why she's going to make crusading against Candiace her storyline for Season 7.  Remember, Candiace and her antics have been the centerpiece of Seasons 5 and 6.  Robyn, Gizelle and Ashley could've been edited out of the 3 Eastern Shore episodes and the drama still would've been with Mia vs. Candiace and G acting a fool.

I’m already sick of Candyass.  She could have spoken to her mom in an adult way, and not cursed her out.  She is just hateful.  Her mouth will get her clocked one day.  She’s so mean to her own husband.

We don't know what led to the curse-out and that's the problem with 99% of the Candiace stories.  We want to start at Chapter 10 without starting at Chapter 1. Candiace probably confronted her mother in an adult way, Dorothy got slick at the mouth (Candiace gets it honestly) and dragged Chris again and Candiace lost it. 

As far as Chris is concerned, he's not some delicate flower that Candiace is attacking.  He's mean to her too.  He's sitting there yanking her and snatching her and pulling her up in public, sitting down on her, barking at her in front of her coworkers...none of that is necessary.  Respect goes both ways.  If Dorothy and Chris respect Candiace, she will respect them.

Well Candiace is not worthy of respect, you say? Then you respect yourself and leave that person alone.  Problem solved.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 6

I’m already sick of Candyass.  She could have spoken to her mom in an adult way, and not cursed her out.  She is just hateful.  Her mouth will get her clocked one day.  She’s so mean to her own husband.

I can’t imagine this show needing 4 reunion episodes.

I’m with Andy’s Twitter peeps….Fire Candyass!

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m with Andy’s Twitter peeps….Fire Candyass!

99% chance Candiace isn't going anywhere because even if it's hate watching, you're tuning in to see what happens to Candiace.

But on the slim chance they do fire her, the rest of the cast WILL be working for their paychecks next season or they'll be gone too. They won't be able to hide under the radar behind Candiace and her drama anymore.   Because nobody is tuning in to see Gizelle's fashions, Robyn sleeping, Ashley milking her titties, Wendy dropping it like it's hot, Mia drag her mother or Karen shift her wigs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

Ashley seems to be so pissed about sitting on the end of the couch. She is straining her neck to get in any of the conversations and drama. She is going to show out next season to make sure she isn't sitting there again. 

I've been thinking about the seating arrangement more and more. Wendy probably is going harder than she would since she is sitting in the first seat. Karen is going hard because she ISN'T sitting in the first seat. When the husbands come out, only Chris is going to be sitting behind the right couch. Left couch will be pretty full. I guess it's not awkward at all for Gizelle to continually sit every reunion in front of the men whose relationship she has trashed by way of the women (Ray, Michael, Chris S, now Eddie and to a lesser extent Chris B). 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Ss55 said:

I think Gizelle was irritated by Askale saying she wanted to style her because she constantly gets slammed for her “style” or lack thereof. Askale may have been innocent but I don’t blame Gizelle for getting defensive.

I'm really getting tired of their pile up on Gizelle. Her house, her wardrobe choices, her man choices, Jamal (who isn't a part of this season at all). They are all shady bitches, time to move on to someone else. 

Just because Dorothy isn't on the deed of the house or the mortgage note doesn't mean she wasn't involved in the purchase of Candyass and Chris' house. She could have given them a big, fat "gift". 

So Candyass thinks nobody can compete with her mouth. They are all jealous because they are not fast enough with the vicious screaming. Is she kidding? If you consider alot of "yo mama", your big forehead, your big feet, your wide body as sharp witted comments that any high school mean girl can come up with then I guess she is queen. She looked really pretty in her dress and wig, though. 

33 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am shocked that Askala did not pick Wendy to style. Wendy's dress was not good.

Nothing Wendy ever wears is good. 

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm really getting tired of their pile up on Gizelle. Her house, her wardrobe choices, her man choices, Jamal (who isn't a part of this season at all). They are all shady bitches, time to move on to someone else. 

Just because Dorothy isn't on the deed of the house or the mortgage note doesn't mean she wasn't involved in the purchase of Candyass and Chris' house. She could have given them a big, fat "gift". 

So Candyass thinks nobody can compete with her mouth. They are all jealous because they are not fast enough with the vicious screaming. Is she kidding? If you consider alot of "yo mama", your big forehead, your big feet, your wide body as sharp witted comments that any high school mean girl can come up with then I guess she is queen. She looked really pretty in her dress and wig, though. 

Gizelle has no problem ganging up on others so turnabout is fair play.  

I think candace is very quick with a read and it sure cuts straight through to anyone who tries to mix it up with her.  

Mia is still pressed about being called a handsome big foot. 

Ashley is still pressed about being called wide bodied.  

I found the 'yo momma joke funny.  It is so silly that it's more funny than anything else.  It reminds me of Kenya Moores villainy which was often with a wink and a nod.  

It's funny to me that everyone lost their shit over a random 'yo momma joke and not over gizelle and that t shirt.  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Most middle class parents give their children "gifts" to purchase a home.  When Rayvin, Grace/Twins, Dean/Dylan, Corey/Carter, Mia's kids, Wendy's kids etc decide to buy homes all of those women will be helping their children with the down payments on their homes too.

The only women who would "feel a way" about Dorothy giving Candiace money for a down payment are those who can't give their own kids a down payment or those whose moms couldn't afford to give them a down payment.

Worrying about what money Dorothy does or does not give Candiace is broke behavior.

12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

So Candyass thinks nobody can compete with her mouth. They are all jealous because they are not fast enough with the vicious screaming. Is she kidding?

They can't, hence the constant calls for her to get her ass beat.  Gizelle is still butthurt about that 900K tear down cabin remark from years ago.  Mia has cried more about being called handsome & big foot than "yo mama." Ashley has been desperately trying to prove she isn't wide bodied. 

Candiace cuts to the meat, they can't take the heat so they call for her ass to get beat.

• Love 11

Candyass should feel awkward around Chris's family. Not because of what Dot says, but because of how she treats and talks to him. Imagine watching your daughter-in-law belittle your son on TV, then having to sit across from her at the holiday table. 

If Wendy's goal this season was to cement my dislike for her...jackpot! She's a condescending try hard and there's no surgery to fix delusion.

I guess Darby's Barbie rhymes better than Darby's blowup doll. That ashley is a lucky girl! 

Karen loves a dress with netting. It's supposed to be skin-toned and invisible, and I'm sure it is... when carrot top borrows it. 

Giz had no storyline so let's rehash Jamal and her wardrobe. Next week I hope Robyn can rehash Juan and her hat biz.

Mama Mia has been sober for a decade. That takes some strength and willpower. The idea that she'd fall off the wagon over a comment made by a stranger is insulting to her!!! Maybe she prefers the sister because she doesn't tiptoe around her like she's freshly sober. Addiction is messy, and I feel bad for Mia, but until they dig deep with a therapist, there won't be enough trust to have a close relationship. 

Last shallow thought. I'm really over candyass repeating the same insults about Ashley's physical appearance. If you're going to be a jelly bitch, keep it fresh with some new material! And why does no one point out that candyass uses 10 pounds of shading to make it look like she had a bad turned up nose job? Its all i can see when I look at her.

• Love 19
17 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Most middle class parents give their children "gifts" to purchase a home.  When Rayvin, Grace/Twins, Dean/Dylan, Corey/Carter, Mia's kids, Wendy's kids etc decide to buy homes all of those women will be helping their children with the down payments on their homes too.

The only women who would "feel a way" about Dorothy giving Candiace money for a down payment are those who can't give their own kids a down payment or those whose moms couldn't afford to give them a down payment.

My middle class ass did not give my son any money for a down payment for a home. He did it all on his own. At the age of 22. And I did not "feel a way" about it. Your comments are kind of insulting.  

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, J80134 said:

Candyass should feel awkward around Chris's family. Not because of what Dot says, but because of how she treats and talks to him. Imagine watching your daughter-in-law belittle your son on TV, then having to sit across from her at the holiday table. 

THIS! I'd feel very uncomfortable at gatherings because of this very thing.

Askale had the best hair:  she also was best dressed with Karen and Mia coming in second and third, respectively.

Gizzard can act like she doesn't care all she wants but bitch straight up looks like Boo Boo the Fool.

IMO no one was spared the shade, everybody got it in spades.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

THIS! I'd feel very uncomfortable at gatherings because of this very thing.

Askale had the best hair:  she also was best dressed with Karen and Mia coming in second and third, respectively.

Gizzard can act like she doesn't care all she wants but bitch straight up looks like Boo Boo the Fool.

IMO no one was spared the shade, everybody got it in spades.

Agree, Chris is always trying to reason calmly with her, she totally disrespects him ! 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

My middle class ass did not give my son any money for a down payment for a home. He did it all on his own. At the age of 22. And I did not "feel a way" about it. Your comments are kind of insulting.  

However you feel about my comments is your responsibility and solely on you.  Worrying about what somebody else's mother gives to their child or worrying about what somebody else's mother gave to them is broke behavior and struggle mentality. That goes for cast and viewers.

9 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

They both need to treat each other with more respect.

Agree, Chris is always trying to reason calmly with her, she totally disrespects him ! 

All that jumping, pulling, tugging, and sitting is very disrespectful to Candiace. And the majority of the time it even escalates to that level is because Chris is too busy trying to befriend people who do not like his wife.

They dated for years, he knows what kind of mouth and temperament she has and he should know by know when he does X she's going to do Y.  If Chris is tired of it and doesn't like it, Chris has the option to leave.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Agree! My middle class ass neither received nor gave house down payments. Maybe I'd feel some kind a way about it if I'd known everyone else was doing it. LMAO!

• LOL 13
12 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

All that jumping, pulling, tugging, and sitting is very disrespectful to Candiace. And the majority of the time it even escalates to that level is because Chris is too busy trying to befriend people who do not like his wife.

That explains why he doesn't have time to look for a job. He's trying to befriend millions of people.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

I wonder how much the "Candiace hate" hurts her record sales? She could sing the greatest song ever written and I would not listen to it or watch the low budget video.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, RealReality said:

With all the shit Gizelle talks, she shouldn't ever advocate for violence in response to words.  If thats the position she wants to take, she needs to get into the gym with Robyn. 

Mia is ridiculous for saying that Candace would cause her mother's relapse.  Mia is the one routinely shittalking her mother on national TV.  If anyone causes Mia's mother to relapse, its Mia.  She only seems to care about her mother's sobriety when it suits her, or gets some attention/sympathy.  I find it interesting that Mia's mother is totally find watching her sisters kids, as a full time nanny apparently, but somehow, she just can't handle Mia's kids.  There is more to that story.  

Mia would not be to blame for her mother relapse either  , that's on her mother alone.  Also Candiance mother  is also on the show and her storyline 2 seasons ago was based soley on her turbulent relationship with her mother .  Point being is that she also used her mother for a storyline. 

Edited by byrd
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

However you feel about my comments is your responsibility and solely on you.  Worrying about what somebody else's mother gives to their child or worrying about what somebody else's mother gave to them is broke behavior and struggle mentality. That goes for cast and viewers.

They both need to treat each other with more respect.

They dated for years, he knows what kind of mouth and temperament she has and he should know by know when he does X she's going to do Y.  If Chris is tired of it and doesn't like it, Chris has the option to leave.

Chris said on multiple times that Candiace speaks to him the same way he speaks to her. After the finale he said that they're working on their communication. He also wants YouTube bloggers to stop saying he's physically abusive because of how physically aggressive he can be towards her sometimes. 

• Useful 4
Just now, spunky said:

Chris said on multiple times that Candiace speaks to him the same way he speaks to her. After the finale he said that they're working on their communication. He also wants YouTube bloggers to stop saying he's physically abusive because of how physically aggressive he can be towards her sometimes. 

His manhandling her at that dinner really bothered me. She is a tiny woman and he's a large man. That was very aggressive on his part, and if he's willing to do that in public with cameras recording it, then what goes on in private?

• Love 6

It does not bother me that Dorothy still financially supports Candiace. Mostly because it's not coming from my account but I also make sure my 35 year daughter (with 2 kids AND A HUSBAND) wants for nothing and I dare anybody to come for me; that is my child and I can do what I please for her and with my money. Not sure when it because such a taboo; a lot of these "rich" men inherited money, used connections etc. I mostly only see these "spoiled, get a job, who takes money from their momma" coming from minority communities. If my comment don't apply, let it fly *Kayne shrug*

The best part for me was Dollar General Darby Barbie comparing her song and cheesy Rebecca Black video to Candiace actual singing career. Cause let's face it, love her or not homegirl have a very legitimate album on the charts and is only second to Kandi Burruss as far as Housewife's popstar status is concerned. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I don’t understand why this is a problem? My parents, my husbands mom and our grandparents all gave us generous contributions to put down on our house when we bought it and not one of them calls our house theirs, feels like they have some stakeholders claim in it or would ever hold it over our heads so we will bend to their demands. A gift is a gift, it doesn’t mean Dorothy owns their home.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

what goes on in private

Doubt very much that Candiace would tolerate physical violence in her marriage.

I'm not a big Candiace fan—she is wayyyyyyy too entitled for my liking—but I gotta admit she's smart, and she knows what she wants.  She does have the best verbal comebacks, too—so much so that I've often wondered whether she has someone behind the scenes writing quips for her rather the way standup comics deploy teams of backstage writers.

Askale looked the best last night, I thought—followed by Candiace & Ashley.  Robyn is a beautiful woman, and her dress was beautiful—but somehow, the rest of her styling didn't seem to go with the dress.  I think Mia must have looked better in person than she did on my TV screen (but then I always think that if I'm looking a a dress more than the person in the dress, the dress is a failure.). Wendy just looked like she had rushed in from a quinceañera for somebody's aging Rottweiler.  I think Wendy is a complete disaster when it comes to style.

It was interesting to me that Gizelle and Karen wore the same color.  😊

I thought Gizelle handled her moment on the hotseat extremely well.  She is obviously bored with the show, but she isn't bored with the paycheck.  So, she'll deliver what she has to deliver and not an ounce more.  Also, she'd only be on the hook for Jamal's 2008 tax problems if they filed a joint return that year.  From her cucumber-cool reaction when the question was put to her, I am guessing she did not file a joint return with Jamal in 2008.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Countess said:

A gift is a gift, it doesn’t mean Dorothy owns their home.

Except when Candyass makes it sound like Dorothy had no part in them acquiring the home. She's the only gloating about Dorothy not being on the deed. So what, if she gave her money for the home but don't act like you did it all on your own. My point is that I don't care if Dorothy contributed to the home with her own money, just don't pretend like she didn't. 

Having said all that, I have no freaking idea if Doro gave money towards the house. I'm just saying there are more ways than one to show you didn't buy the house all on your own. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Except when Candyass makes it sound like Dorothy had no part in them acquiring the home. She's the only gloating about Dorothy not being on the deed. So what, if she gave her money for the home but don't act like you did it all on your own. My point is that I don't care if Dorothy contributed to the home with her own money, just don't act like she didn't. 

She’s not responsible to reveal what Dorothy did or did not put down on her home, if she qualified for a loan for x amount without Dorothy’s name on the mortgage or deed then she did acquire the home on her own. Maybe Dorothy gave a gift but when someone gifts you something, it becomes yours.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, J80134 said:

Does she sit across them at the holiday table ???   

His family's identify have been so concealed we may as well call them Mr. and Mrs. Snuffleupagus.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, StillHere said:

Does she sit across them at the holiday table ???   

His family's identify have been so concealed we may as well call them Mr. and Mrs. Snuffleupagus.

Per his interview, his family was at the wedding; they even signed releases. So that obliteration of their existence is on Bravo.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

His manhandling her at that dinner really bothered me. She is a tiny woman and he's a large man. That was very aggressive on his part, and if he's willing to do that in public with cameras recording it, then what goes on in private?

That's exactly why some YouTubers were saying that he's physically abusive.  They both deny that he's abusive(not that they would admit it).  It does seem to be the norm in their marriage. His behavior was reminiscent of one of her Instagram lives about 2 years ago. She was doing an interview and he kept tugging at her to get up, she had to actually divert her attention to him and ask him to stop. She's had to apologize multiple times for him going on profanity laced rants during her lives. However he did admit that he was too aggressive with her during the couples trip. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Maximona said:

Doubt very much that Candiace would tolerate physical violence in her marriage.

I do hope that is true, but she's been physically hit by her mother-which was captured on camera for us to watch. Also, the info in the comment below by Spunky is a huge red flag for me. (Though I'll admit my prior history with an abuser may be coloring my views somewhat)

17 minutes ago, spunky said:

That's exactly why some YouTubers were saying that he's physically abusive.  They both deny that he's abusive(not that they would admit it).  It does seem to be the norm in their marriage. His behavior was reminiscent of one of her Instagram lives about 2 years ago. She was doing an interview and he kept tugging at her to get up, she had to actually divert her attention to him and ask him to stop. She's had to apologize multiple times for him going on profanity laced rants during her lives. However he did admit that he was too aggressive with her during the couples trip. 

It doesn't appear he's physically abusive (from the few bits of footage we've seen) but he has definitely been physically aggressive, and it just takes one big fight for things to go very sideways. Hopefully he'll take those comments in and make changes, get anger management or counseling, and learn a new way to deal with things instead of yanking her around like a doll.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Also Candiance mother  is also on the show and her storyline 2 seasons ago was based soley on her turbulent relationship with her mother .  Point being is that she also used her mother for a storyline. 

Candiace also didn't suggest another cast member would be responsible for her mother relapsing, either.

1 hour ago, spunky said:

Then he needs to stop being physically aggressive with her.  We don't see any other husband doing that.  Juan may speak gruffly to Robyn but we've never seen him yanking and pulling on her.

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

It does not bother me that Dorothy still financially supports Candiace. Mostly because it's not coming from my account but I also make sure my 35 year daughter (with 2 kids AND A HUSBAND) wants for nothing and I dare anybody to come for me; that is my child and I can do what I please for her and with my money. Not sure when it because such a taboo; a lot of these "rich" men inherited money, used connections etc. I mostly only see these "spoiled, get a job, who takes money from their momma" coming from minority communities. If my comment don't apply, let it fly *Kayne shrug*

We all know the other women will make sure their children want for nothing so I'm failing to see why it's wrong because it's Candiace who benefits.  Karen is not going to tell Rayvin to "struggle" if Rayvin needed a down payment, new car, etc.  She will help Rayvin.

GIZELLE (based on comments she's made on her podcast) probably WOULD make her daughters the twins struggle.

1 hour ago, Countess said:

I don’t understand why this is a problem? My parents, my husbands mom and our grandparents all gave us generous contributions to put down on our house when we bought it and not one of them calls our house theirs, feels like they have some stakeholders claim in it or would ever hold it over our heads so we will bend to their demands. A gift is a gift, it doesn’t mean Dorothy owns their home.

I doubt anyone makes a fuss if Heather from Salt Lake gave her daughter money to buy a home or Teresa from NJ buys Gia a home or if Lisa Vanderpump gives her daughter a gift.  Getting money on this franchise is apparently only respectable if you laid on your back to get it.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Except when Candyass makes it sound like Dorothy had no part in them acquiring the home. She's the only gloating about Dorothy not being on the deed. So what, if she gave her money for the home but don't act like you did it all on your own

That's because she and Dorothy came on to the show saying Dorothy bought the townhouse for Candiace.  Candiace got clowned for that by women whose mothers' cannot even afford an apartment on their own so Candiace wanted to make it clear Dorothy did not buy her the new house. For all we know, Robyn's parents helped her with the downpayment on HER new house.  But we're not Capital One so it's none of our business what's in the castmembers' parents' wallets.

16 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Hopefully he'll take those comments in and make changes, get anger management or counseling, and learn a new way to deal with things instead of yanking her around like a doll.

Both of them need anger management and counseling so they can learn better ways of communicating with each other.  Cussing each other out and yanking and tugging is not the way.  It's not cute.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Worrying about what somebody else's mother gives to their child or worrying about what somebody else's mother gave to them is broke behavior and struggle mentality. That goes for cast and viewers.

If these women were not worried about what someone gave to someone else, the entire HW's franchise would be dead. Its all about who married up, who traded up, who is taking their spouse to the cleaners, etc. The "whose parents gave them" is a design feature, not a flaw.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Then he needs to stop being physically aggressive with her.  We don't see any other husband doing that.  Juan may speak gruffly to Robyn but we've never seen him yanking and pulling on her.

See I took this the other way. He's physical with her because she has a tendency to make aggressive moves - she definitely has tries to make folks flinch - as Ashley pointed out at the reunion. I think when she bucks he steps in to make sure she isn't doing more than yapping.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I wonder how much the "Candiace hate" hurts her record sales? She could sing the greatest song ever written and I would not listen to it or watch the low budget video.

I doubt any, if at all.  Just being on the show is going to get people to listen to the record, even so they can just say its garbage.  I'm also not sure how much of the actual viewership hates candiace.  I think people who are active on social media could potentially be a barometer, but its probably just a very tiny portion of the overall viewership.  

I like Candace but I'm simply not a fan of the slow jams.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I doubt any, if at all.  Just being on the show is going to get people to listen to the record, even so they can just say its garbage.  I'm also not sure how much of the actual viewership hates candiace.  I think people who are active on social media could potentially be a barometer, but its probably just a very tiny portion of the overall viewership.  

I like Candace but I'm simply not a fan of the slow jams.  

I agree with this. People will listen to the songs and watch the video on youtube just to comment and say it's trash. Those are still views and coins for her. Also I agree with the fact that the active people on social media are just a sampling of overall viewership. My best friend who is the same age as me doesn't follow the show on social media at all and I always have to keep her informed of all the things that go on  with social media because it tends to carry onto the show. She loves Candiace's album. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

The first part of the reunion went better than I expected!

I could do without Robyn's continually stank faced mug.  Bitch, if you really need to say something, say it and don't allow yourself to be cut off or interrupted.  As Candace said, this is a show about verbal sparring, if you want to use Emily Post rules you're gonna get ignored.  

I had no problem with anything Wendy or Karen said w/r/t Gizelle.  Its no fun to be the target of a gang up, is it Gizelle?  

I also still don't know what the story is, because for someone who doesn't care Gizelle seems to keep getting caught in lies.  Like you two broke up after Christmas, but then before Christmas Jamal was saying your relationship wasn't real.  And then Gizelle didn't even really deny it when Andy was saying that Jamal basically cheated on her again after she let him back in.  But how could that possible?  You didn't think you were in a relationship and you knew about everything?  And then Gizelle is salty when Wendy pointed out it was TWO women Jamal was talking to.  I think Gizelle should just take the L on the Jamal thing.  Either admit you did it for a storyline or that this toad bamboozled you...yet again.  

I don't think Andy hates Candiace, he mentioned her record at the top of the show (good on her!) and even mentioned a shout out from Anita Baker.  I can't imagine that was written into some sort of contract.

I DO think Andy got sore when Candiace called Mia ungrateful, because I think in Andy's opinion, the only person they should thank for their careers and camera time is him.  I do think Candace could have gone in harder on Mia than a 'yo momma joke and I think that if Mia stays another season, it will be, in part because of her tiff with candiace.  

The irony of Gizelle talking about Candace being foul to Mia, a person she didn't know, when she made a 'yo momma joke about a woman she didn't know what rich, when one considers that she was allegedly friends with Karen, and wore that shitty tee-shirt to come after Ray, a man who did nothing to her.  And Gizelle's cruelty was 100% premeditated and designed to cut deep at a time she KNEW Karen was hurting.  Candiace made a 'yo momma joke about a woman she didn't know to another woman she didn't know.  Gizelle knew Ray and still did that on national TV.  So Gizelle shouldn't be offering up opinions on acceptable and unacceptable meanness.  

Someone was talking about couch positions, and based on that Ashley would be the only one who might be in danger.  Gizelle and Wendy first seat either side, Candace and Karen second seat.  Robyn and Mia third seat and Ashley/Askale fourth seat....and Askala was just a friend of.  

I think Ashley has a big forehead, but now I can see that due to her jay leno chin, she just has a long face.  She might benefit from bangs.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

99% chance Candiace isn't going anywhere because even if it's hate watching, you're tuning in to see what happens to Candiace.

But on the slim chance they do fire her, the rest of the cast WILL be working for their paychecks next season or they'll be gone too. They won't be able to hide under the radar behind Candiace and her drama anymore.   Because nobody is tuning in to see Gizelle's fashions, Robyn sleeping, Ashley milking her titties, Wendy dropping it like it's hot, Mia drag her mother or Karen shift her wigs.

I actually don’t care what happens to Candiace.  She’s just too toxic and angry.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Maximona said:

Wendy just looked like she had rushed in from a quinceañera for somebody's aging Rottweiler.  I think Wendy is a complete disaster when it comes to style.

It was interesting to me that Gizelle and Karen wore the same color.  😊

I thought Gizelle handled her moment on the hotseat extremely well.  She is obviously bored with the show, but she isn't bored with the paycheck.  So, she'll deliver what she has to deliver and not an ounce more.  Also, she'd only be on the hook for Jamal's 2008 tax problems if they filed a joint return that year.  From her cucumber-cool reaction when the question was put to her, I am guessing she did not file a joint return with Jamal in 2008.

this is hilarious and I'm stealing it. 

I think Gizelle's go to is to act like she isn't bothered.  I'm not sure about clawback rules, but I know they are a thing, and the IRS is the worst loan shark on the block.  They will get their money, no matter whose kneecaps they break.  

Its just another reason why I think Gizelle should have been extremely hesitant about having her daughters name on anything Jamal was associated with.  Who know what money he used to stake that restaurant and what its origins are.  

I believe sometimes "back taxes" can be used when the IRS finds out you've been trying to funnel your money into shady shit so you don't have to declare it.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I never thought of Candass as witty with her insults. Just trying to go below the belt. She sounds like a fool. Like Ashley pointed out, Canderss is also long in the forehead department.  Candass making fun of Ashley’s weight right after having a baby when that brat gnat knows she can’t have a baby cause her husbands a deadbeat wasn’t particularly funny. Canders called Ashley a slave because her husband supports her financially while her and her husband are on her mamas payroll.  Candiss is actually rather dim. Mean? Yes but good with the comebacks? Nah, not at all.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, byrd said:

Mia would not be to blame for her mother relapse either  , that's on her mother alone.  Also Candiance mother  is also on the show and her storyline 2 seasons ago was based soley on her turbulent relationship with her mother .  Point being is that she also used her mother for a storyline. 

I think I see these two things differently because you just know Dot was dying to be on TV and cause a fracas.  Dot gave as good as she got and sometimes gave better.  But with Mia, the storyline with her mom is just, she shits all over her mom and her mom just takes being shit all over.  We never even got to hear her mothers side of the story about that fight.  Mia is using her mother's addiction for a storyline and mostly for sympathy and cover.  

• Love 9

How does she cut to the meat? With her high school insults? 

Yes, I would not characterize her as quick thinking or cutting to the meat…..more like a basic bitch.  I really hope she never has children.  She should take a look in the mirror before insulting others….her make-up is just too heavy.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I never thought of Candass as witty with her insults. Just trying to go below the belt. She sounds like a fool. Like Ashley pointed out, Canderss is also long in the forehead department.  Candass making fun of Ashley’s weight right after having a baby when that brat gnat knows she can’t have a baby cause her husbands a deadbeat wasn’t particularly funny. Canders called Ashley a slave because her husband supports her financially while her and her husband are on her mamas payroll.  Candiss is actually rather dim. Mean? Yes but good with the comebacks? Nah, not at all.

Why would Chris's child support stop Candace from having a baby?  I think that would be his separate debt and if so, his ex could MAYBE go after 1/2 of their marital income is my understanding.  

Candace can have a baby anytime she'd like.  She is making good money from the show.  Kenya Moore appears to be a single mother who cares for her baby just fine off RH money.  

To me, its as toxic if not more toxic for people to assume that if a childless woman doesn't like a woman with children its because they are jealous as to assume a single woman must hate a married woman because she wants a man or doesn't have a man.  

It seems far more likely that Candace is striking while the iron is hot.  She has her music, she has her movie, her TV show, she has her coursework at Howard.  Its not hard to get knocked up by some old, rich, gollum looking asshole who is looking for a young, desperate beard.  Seems like it would be harder to make the career moves that Candace is making.  

Nor is there really any proof that Chris and Candace are on Dorothy's payroll other than Dorothy manipulatively dropping hints.  If Dorothy had a claim, she would have been much more clear about it, because she was no shrinking violet about the townhouse.  

• Love 11

How does she cut to the meat? With her high school insults? 

She cuts to the meat because they are still bothered.  

I mean Gizelle and Ashley said as much, that her insults were to the jugular.  

Mia stays pressed about being called a handsome sasquatch

Ashley stayed pressed about being called wide bodied.  I don't think I've heard Candace get that upset about being told she looked like a chipmunk when Ashley said it.  

I'll give a presumption of being cut, when someone keeps bringing up a slight that they brought on themselves, which BOTH of them did. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Boofish said:

The best part for me was Dollar General Darby Barbie comparing her song and cheesy Rebecca Black video to Candiace actual singing career. Cause let's face it, love her or not homegirl have a very legitimate album on the charts and is only second to Kandi Burruss as far as Housewife's popstar status is concerned. 

With regard to financially helping children, I am the same as you and in my case, it’s because I have a great relationship with my children and their spouses.  However, Candyass and her mother have a horrible relationship…and they are both to blame.  They are just toxic and I can certainly see where Candyass inherited her judgmental, insulting and entitled opinions.  She is still like a mean girl in high school.  She just believes that she is the best, her way is the only way, and personal attacks are fine as long as she is the one dishing them out.  I expected to dislike Mia, but Candyass is just so horrible, I can’t complain about Mia.  Dr. Wendy was working my nerves, but I believe she is compensating for an unhappy marriage or some other personal issue that has damaged her self esteem.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I do hope that is true, but she's been physically hit by her mother-which was captured on camera for us to watch. Also, the info in the comment below by Spunky is a huge red flag for me. (Though I'll admit my prior history with an abuser may be coloring my views somewhat)

It doesn't appear he's physically abusive (from the few bits of footage we've seen) but he has definitely been physically aggressive, and it just takes one big fight for things to go very sideways. Hopefully he'll take those comments in and make changes, get anger management or counseling, and learn a new way to deal with things instead of yanking her around like a doll.

I understand why his behavior would be a red flag. He said that Candiace would divorce him if he ever hit her. From what she said on her podcast a while ago, she likes that he can "put her in her place."

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

She cuts to the meat because they are still bothered.  

I mean Gizelle and Ashley said as much, that her insults were to the jugular.  

Mia stays pressed about being called a handsome sasquatch

Ashley stayed pressed about being called wide bodied.  I don't think I've heard Candace get that upset about being told she looked like a chipmunk when Ashley said it.  

I'll give a presumption of being cut, when someone keeps bringing up a slight that they brought on themselves, which BOTH of them did. 

I'm just gon leave this handsome, big-footed, wide-bodied ho here to give your rude ass the stink eye coz you know you wrong, sis.

bigfoot.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 1