Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Reunion Part 1

Message added by TexasGal,

Hey DMV'ers - we're starting to spiral in here.  Remember, state your opinion once, and move on - no one is ever going to "win" an argument on the forums, so it's not fruitful to keep going back and forth. Also, bum fights, personal experiences with people helping their children financially and other people's reactions to that are not on topic in this thread.  Let's focus on the episode please!

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Why would Chris's child support stop Candace from having a baby?  I think that would be his separate debt and if so, his ex could MAYBE go after 1/2 of their marital income is my understanding.  

Candace can have a baby anytime she'd like.  She is making good money from the show.  Kenya Moore appears to be a single mother who cares for her baby just fine off RH money.  

To me, its as toxic if not more toxic for people to assume that if a childless woman doesn't like a woman with children its because they are jealous as to assume a single woman must hate a married woman because she wants a man or doesn't have a man.  

It seems far more likely that Candace is striking while the iron is hot.  She has her music, she has her movie, her TV show, she has her coursework at Howard.  Its not hard to get knocked up by some old, rich, gollum looking asshole who is looking for a young, desperate beard.  Seems like it would be harder to make the career moves that Candace is making.  

Nor is there really any proof that Chris and Candace are on Dorothy's payroll other than Dorothy manipulatively dropping hints.  If Dorothy had a claim, she would have been much more clear about it, because she was no shrinking violet about the townhouse.  

Does Chris need a third baby mama when he’s not working? No. 
Candass is trying to strike but she’s not doing a great job. She has her husband managing her and he seems lazy. Her singing is mediocre. 
Im no fan of Michael Darby but Ashley should at least get paid when things hit the skids. Candass is going to have to pay this fool to get out of her life (or Dorothy will)

4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I wonder how much the "Candiace hate" hurts her record sales? She could sing the greatest song ever written and I would not listen to it or watch the low budget video.

I heard Drive Back, someone posted it on her thread and it’s pretty bad. 

• Love 9

Candass getting on Mia for using her mom for a storyline when Candass has paraded Dorothy out since she started is laughable. At least Mia’s mom is trying to turn over a  new leaf. Dot doesn’t really even like her daughter very much and disrespects her son in law on tv. 

Wendys name for big fake titties. Happy and Ness. How stupid. Does having jugs that are too big for her frame really make her happy?  Cause she seems more pissed off than she did last season.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Wendys name for big fake titties. Happy and Ness. How stupid. Does having jugs that are too big for her frame really make her happy?  Cause she seems more pissed off than she did last season.

She may have to rename them Grouchy and Ness…..

• LOL 12
27 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I'm just gon leave this handsome, big-footed, wide-bodied ho here to give your rude ass the stink eye coz you know you wrong, sis.

bigfoot.gif

This is so unintentionally hilarious and reminds me that my quarantine eyebrows may need a little threading!

• LOL 8
15 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Candass getting on Mia for using her mom for a storyline when Candass has paraded Dorothy out since she started is laughable. At least Mia’s mom is trying to turn over a  new leaf. Dot doesn’t really even like her daughter very much and disrespects her son in law on tv. 

And this is what makes Mia's decision much worse IMO.

Dorothy is perfectly happy to be on camera, be it good or bad, shittalking or whatever.  Dorotny gives as good as she gets.  

Mia's mother on the other hand is just restarting a relationship with her daughter and she has been turning over a new leaf, being sober, spending time with her grandchildren and getting healthy after a lifetime in prison.  Why would Mia encourage her mother to risk her sobriety with all the stress and conflict and public embarrassment that comes with being on a reality show?  Mia consistently berated her on camera and then at the end of the season told a one sided story about how awful her mother is.  

That woman always looks like she is trying her best, and Candace is right that she looks extremely uncomfortable sharing these painful parts of her life on camera.  

Mia's justification that her mother "wanted" to "share her story" sounds like something Mia told her to get her to agree.  

• Love 15

Candiace and her folded napkins. I’ve never seen a housewife sling so much shit and cry so much as well. 

Yes, Gizelle is shady and ruthless but I’m honestly feeling bad for her this episode.

Mia can hold her own -  Kudos to her.  

Robyn and Wendy need to be dropped. They don’t bring much to the show aside from hats and “happy” “ness.”

Edited by TheCouchPotato
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And this is what makes Mia's decision much worse IMO.

Dorothy is perfectly happy to be on camera, be it good or bad, shittalking or whatever.  Dorotny gives as good as she gets.  

Mia's mother on the other hand is just restarting a relationship with her daughter and she has been turning over a new leaf, being sober, spending time with her grandchildren and getting healthy after a lifetime in prison.  Why would Mia encourage her mother to risk her sobriety with all the stress and conflict and public embarrassment that comes with being on a reality show?  Mia consistently berated her on camera and then at the end of the season told a one sided story about how awful her mother is.  

That woman always looks like she is trying her best, and Candace is right that she looks extremely uncomfortable sharing these painful parts of her life on camera.  

Mia's justification that her mother "wanted" to "share her story" sounds like something Mia told her to get her to agree.  

Mia’s mom probably got some good $ by going on the show with Mia. Either way it’s their business. At least I can root for Mia and her mom. Candass and her mom are toxic. Chris should be providing for them so that she doesn’t need mama Dot. 

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Does Chris need a third baby mama when he’s not working? No. 
Candass is trying to strike but she’s not doing a great job. She has her husband managing her and he seems lazy. Her singing is mediocre. 
Im no fan of Michael Darby but Ashley should at least get paid when things hit the skids. Candass is going to have to pay this fool to get out of her life (or Dorothy will)

I heard Drive Back, someone posted it on her thread and it’s pretty bad. 

I'm not sure why Candace having a child would be couched in terms of what Chris needs or doesn't need.  

Candace so far had that song playing about 10 times on the show, she released a full length album and Andy mentioned it on the show.  Her song was #5 on iTunes.  Anita Baker gave her song/album a shout out.  She had her BET holiday movie, she had her TV pilot.  AND she is getting her MBA from Howard. She is actually making moves, so to me she is doing a great job of striking while the iron is hot. 

LOL, Candace is a good singer,  to me, its the same as with Azelia Banks, people will say her music is so terrible, but its a function of simply not liking her and you'll find quite a few who have never listened to a song.   Most people who are objective are like "Azelia Banks is super talented, I wish she would get the hell off twitter"

I don't at all think Ashley will get a big payout from Michael Darby.  That man is an entitled asshole and if Ashley doesn't think that applies to her, she had better watch herself.  Michael never seemed to want kids, but they were thrust on him.  I've talked about and looked at ice cream with more passion and desire than Michael has for his wife and second family.  

Real Estate was one of the easiest way to launder and hide money in the 80s and 90s.  Now he is getting into making movies without any particular reason why, and thats another way to launder and hide money.  He had a whole separate family, in another country, IIRC and so he has a lot of opportunity to funnel money to LLCs and trusts using his children and taking advantage of their citizenship.  And even his own citizenship status if he is also a citizen of Australia.  I've always been suspicious of Michael's business.  She will end up getting what Michael feels like he should give her to support those kids.  It would be a smart move to funnel all his recognized money into this movie thing, claim it went bust and now he cannot pay Ashley as much child support.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Michael sought counsel the minute Ashley got pregnant the first time.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
Just now, Chatty Cake said:

Mia’s mom probably got some good $ by going on the show with Mia. Either way it’s their business. At least I can root for Mia and her mom. Candass and her mom are toxic. Chris should be providing for them so that she doesn’t need mama Dot. 

Mia shouldn't have encouraged her mother to risk her sobriety for a pittance of a reality TV show payment.  If money was an issue, she should have insisted she pay her mom a ton for whatever babysitting she did.  

I think Mia and her mom are just as toxic.  Dragging your struggling mother on TV so you can exploit her drug addiction and painful past for a reality show paycheck is nothing I'd root for.  

Whenever people handwave away the exploitation of others with a "well, they got paid!" I'm reminded of that guy who did those bum fight videos, and how he used the same justification for exploiting vulnerable people.  If Mia thinks anything she does is justified because someone got paid off, then she seems far more careless than Candace with her own mother.  

Why do you think Dorothy is supporting them?  She hasn't come out and said it, and she certainly isn't shy about explicitly saying she is doing so.  

Candace works and seems to be doing fine, so I'm not sure why there is a preoccupation with what Chris is doing or why Candace having a child has much of anything to do with what Chris needs.  

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:I'm not sure why Candace having a child would be couched in terms of what Chris needs or doesn't need.  Candace so far had that song playing about 10 times on the show, she released a full length album and Andy mentioned it on the show.  Her song was #5 on iTunes.  Anita Baker gave her song/album a shout out.  She had her BET holiday movie, she had her TV pilot.  AND she is getting her MBA from Howard. She is actually making moves, so to me she is doing a great job of striking while the iron is hot. 

LOL, Candace is a good singer,  to me, its the same as with Azelia Banks, people will say her music is so terrible, but its a function of simply not liking her and you'll find quite a few who have never listened to a song.   Most people who are objective are like "Azelia Banks is super talented, I wish she would get the hell off twitter"

I don't at all think Ashley will get a big payout from Michael Darby.  That man is an entitled asshole and if Ashley doesn't think that applies to her, she had better watch herself.  Michael never seemed to want kids, but they were thrust on him.  I've talked about and looked at ice cream with more passion and desire than Michael has for his wife and second family.  

Real Estate was one of the easiest way to launder and hide money in the 80s and 90s.  Now he is getting into making movies without any particular reason why, and thats another way to launder and hide money.  He had a whole separate family, in another country, IIRC and so he has a lot of opportunity to funnel money to LLCs and trusts using his children and taking advantage of their citizenship.  And even his own citizenship status if he is also a citizen of Australia.  I've always been suspicious of Michael's business.  She will end up getting what Michael feels like he should give her to support those kids.  It would be a smart move to funnel all his recognized money into this movie thing, claim it went bust and now he cannot pay Ashley as much child support.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Michael sought counsel the minute Ashley got pregnant the first time.  

Candass can certainly have a child but she’s hateful and would probably be jealous of the kid and do the same things Dotty does. But in regards to Chris, he has enough on his plate with the two kids that come over and the estranged one.

We can speculate on  Michael Darby. Yes he seems shady. Hopefully Ashley has her housewife money and isn’t blowing it on anymore dumb videos like the one she did awhile back. Candass should be saving her coin from the show too cause I’m sure the offers will dry up soon after housewives is over. Nene Leakes was on a real tv show and things still didn’t work out for her.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

Mia shouldn't have encouraged her mother to risk her sobriety for a pittance of a reality TV show payment.  If money was an issue, she should have insisted she pay her mom a ton for whatever babysitting she did.  

I think Mia and her mom are just as toxic.  Dragging your struggling mother on TV so you can exploit her drug addiction and painful past for a reality show paycheck is nothing I'd root for.  

Whenever people handwave away the exploitation of others with a "well, they got paid!" I'm reminded of that guy who did those bum fight videos, and how he used the same justification for exploiting vulnerable people.  If Mia thinks anything she does is justified because someone got paid off, then she seems far more careless than Candace with her own mother.  

Why do you think Dorothy is supporting them?  She hasn't come out and said it, and she certainly isn't shy about explicitly saying she is doing so.  

Candace works and seems to be doing fine, so I'm not sure why there is a preoccupation with what Chris is doing or why Candace having a child has much of anything to do with what Chris needs.  

This is Mia’s mom not Bum Fights. Was it wrong or right? Who knows but at least Mia is trying to help the woman. Candass doesn’t understand about caring for your mom or trying to help her the way Mia does. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Most middle class parents give their children "gifts" to purchase a home.  When Rayvin, Grace/Twins, Dean/Dylan, Corey/Carter, Mia's kids, Wendy's kids etc decide to buy homes all of those women will be helping their children with the down payments on their homes too.

The only women who would "feel a way" about Dorothy giving Candiace money for a down payment are those who can't give their own kids a down payment or those whose moms couldn't afford to give them a down payment.

Worrying about what money Dorothy does or does not give Candiace is broke behavior.

They can't, hence the constant calls for her to get her ass beat.  Gizelle is still butthurt about that 900K tear down cabin remark from years ago.  Mia has cried more about being called handsome & big foot than "yo mama." Ashley has been desperately trying to prove she isn't wide bodied. 

Candiace cuts to the meat, they can't take the heat so they call for her ass to get beat.

Thank you! With all the conversations we’re having in this country about the lack of generational wealth for black people, we see an example of it and start being critical. My parents couldn’t afford to help me with a downpayment on a house. Several of my friends who were white or Asian received down payments as wedding gifts from their parents. I worked hard so that I could do that for my child. It should be a source of pride not ridicule.  

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Chatty Cake said:

Candass can certainly have a child but she’s hateful and would probably be jealous of the kid and do the same things Dotty does. But in regards to Chris, he has enough on his plate with the two kids that come over and the estranged one.

We can speculate on  Michael Darby. Yes he seems shady. Hopefully Ashley has her housewife money and isn’t blowing it on anymore dumb videos like the one she did awhile back. Candass should be saving her coin from the show too cause I’m sure the offers will dry up soon after housewives is over. Nene Leakes was on a real tv show and things still didn’t work out for her.

LOL, Candiace isn't any more hateful than any other person on that stage.  

Gizelle wore a tee-shirt to hate on a man who has been nothing but kind to her and her "friend" of 20 years.  Thats hateful.  

Ashley said she had squashed her beef with Candace and then turned around to write a statement for Monique just to "get back" at her.  Ashley also made prison rape jokes about Ray, a man who has been nothing but kind to her.  Ashley undertook to viciously pick on Katie when she was clearly struggling mentally.  Thats hateful. 

But suddenly Ashley is some paragon of motherly kindness.  LOL.  

Candace responds when people come at her, and then they get mad when she hurts their feelings.  Maybe stop coming at her.  Ashley made those jokes about Ray and he never came at her and it was fully unprovoked.  But suddenly Candiace is especially hateful.  LOL. 

There is nothing to suggest that Candiace would be jealous of a baby, there is nothing that suggests she is jealous of any of them.  And certainly not jealous of Ashley Darby who embarrasses herself staying married to a sexual predator who is very obviously in love with another man.  Everytime I see Candace and Chris film their confessionals together, they look like they sincerely like each other.  Everytime Michael looks at Ashley, he legit looks disgusted.  

LOL, my parents raised four children full time and were fine.  So, there is nothing to suggest there is "too much" on his plate.  Though there is likely quite a bit on her plate, and thats GREAT for her.  It seems a much better plan to pursue your career opportunities first before having a family because its very hard to do it the other way.  

When did Nene Leakes drop her last album?  When was her last BET movie?  

Ashley is in the unenviable position of having to support her family of leeches who are also on the Darby gravy train.  And NOTHING Ashley has done has worked out, her restaurant failed, her song flopped and instead of being smart and taking some time after her second child, she is intent on having a third.  She has a giant platform and has done nothing with it.  Robyn has her hats, Wendy has her candles, Karen has LaDame, Candace has her music and her movie, even Gizelle had her makeup line and she and Robyn have the podcast.  

Ashley is the only one who is completely pissing away this opportunity.  Why isn't she doing daily yoga videos?  With her second should could have easily done Yoga for Mommies, or Yoga to bounce back, or whatever.  Instead she has managed to do nothing, but make more kids with a gremlin who is in love with another man.  

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

This is Mia’s mom not Bum Fights. Was it wrong or right? Who knows but at least Mia is trying to help the woman. Candass doesn’t understand about caring for your mom or trying to help her the way Mia does. 

the reasoning is exactly the same.  "well, its okay, because they got paid!"

LOL, Mia is trying to help herself.  Periodt.  

LOL, which part showed Mia caring for her mom, the part where she dragged her on TV and berated her for not being "available enough" for her?  The part where she took a recovering addict and made her relieve her painful past for a national TV audience?  Or was it the part where she shit talked her mom on national TV after she got annoyed with G and made sure to do it when her mom wasn't around to respond?  Or was it the part where she reminded her recovering addict of a mother how neglectful she was in front of a national TV audience?  

Which part of this was caring for her mother?  Or was it making sure her mom got a check, because as long as she gets paid, its okay to exploit her?

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, RealReality said:

the reasoning is exactly the same.  "well, its okay, because they got paid!"

LOL, Mia is trying to help herself.  Periodt.  

LOL, which part showed Mia caring for her mom, the part where she dragged her on TV and berated her for not being "available enough" for her?  The part where she took a recovering addict and made her relieve her painful past for a national TV audience?  Or was it the part where she shit talked her mom on national TV after she got annoyed with G and made sure to do it when her mom wasn't around to respond?  Or was it the part where she reminded her recovering addict of a mother how neglectful she was in front of a national TV audience?  

Which part of this was caring for her mother?  Or was it making sure her mom got a check, because as long as she gets paid, its okay to exploit her?

LOL LOL The reasoning isn’t the same at all. Mia loves her mom. Candass is just a spoiled brat.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Candace so far had that song playing about 10 times on the show, she released a full length album and Andy mentioned it on the show.  Her song was #5 on iTunes.  Anita Baker gave her song/album a shout out.  She had her BET holiday movie, she had her TV pilot.  AND she is getting her MBA from Howard. She is actually making moves, so to me she is doing a great job of striking while the iron is hot. 

Wow, you know an awful lot about her. Since she's doing so well maybe she will leave the show to pursue all her other interests that must be keeping her so busy. Bye, bye, Candyass!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, Candiace isn't any more hateful than any other person on that stage.  

Gizelle wore a tee-shirt to hate on a man who has been nothing but kind to her and her "friend" of 20 years.  Thats hateful.  

Ashley said she had squashed her beef with Candace and then turned around to write a statement for Monique just to "get back" at her.  Ashley also made prison rape jokes about Ray, a man who has been nothing but kind to her.  Ashley undertook to viciously pick on Katie when she was clearly struggling mentally.  Thats hateful. 

But suddenly Ashley is some paragon of motherly kindness.  LOL.  

Candace responds when people come at her, and then they get mad when she hurts their feelings.  Maybe stop coming at her.  Ashley made those jokes about Ray and he never came at her and it was fully unprovoked.  But suddenly Candiace is especially hateful.  LOL. 

There is nothing to suggest that Candiace would be jealous of a baby, there is nothing that suggests she is jealous of any of them.  And certainly not jealous of Ashley Darby who embarrasses herself staying married to a sexual predator who is very obviously in love with another man.  Everytime I see Candace and Chris film their confessionals together, they look like they sincerely like each other.  Everytime Michael looks at Ashley, he legit looks disgusted.  

LOL, my parents raised four children full time and were fine.  So, there is nothing to suggest there is "too much" on his plate.  Though there is likely quite a bit on her plate, and thats GREAT for her.  It seems a much better plan to pursue your career opportunities first before having a family because its very hard to do it the other way.  

Ashley is in the unenviable position of having to support her family of leeches who are also on the Darby gravy train.  And NOTHING Ashley has done has worked out, her restaurant failed, her song flopped and instead of being smart and taking some time after her second child, she is intent on having a third.  She has a giant platform and has done nothing with it.  Robyn has her hats, Wendy has her candles, Karen has LaDame, Candace has her music and her movie, even Gizelle had her makeup line and she and Robyn have the podcast.  

Ashley is the only one who is completely pissing away this opportunity.  Why isn't she doing daily yoga videos?  With her second should could have easily done Yoga for Mommies, or Yoga to bounce back, or whatever.  Instead she has managed to do nothing, but make more kids with a gremlin who is in love with another man.  

LOL You are so passionate about your favorites!

I only mentioned Nene cause she was on a REAL tv show, not a holiday movie and still came out with nothing because Real Housewives don’t usually make it in the entertainment world. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Wow, you know an awful lot about her. Since she's doing so well maybe she will leave the show to pursue all her other interests that must be keeping her so busy. Bye, bye, Candyass!

She’s not really doing  that well. That tv movie happened a year ago. LOL. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, laprin said:

I expect the $400k-$500k per year that Candiace earns from the show helps. Also, Chris is working as a private chef and doing cooking classes. Even if he only gets 3-4 jobs a month, he would clear $3k-4k per month. That probably covers utilities and his child support. 😏

People always seem to forget how much money the housewives get from both the show itself (salary) plus all of the social media money that comes in. From what I read in the latest BRAVO book, the NY ladies lost $100,000 when the reunion was scrapped and I would imagine the Potomac ladies - especially the "stars" like Candiace and Gizelle get at least that much if not more.

Gretchen from OC has supported herself nicely on whatever she pulls in for social media stuff. 

Also while Candiace is obviously the main attraction, Chris also earns his keep on the show in terms of being a supporting cast member. I don't think husbands get paid a separate pay check but a portion of whatever Candiace earns from BRAVO is really earned by Chris. 

Perhaps Dorothy is reacting to losing the financial power she held over Candiace when Candiace was not earning a good salary since obviously she could not afford her life style when she started the show on a hostess' earnings. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I thought Wendy's breasts looked ridiculous. Everyone was commenting during the season that they needed to settle in but it has been awhile. 

I have no idea why anyone who doesn't earn a living stripping would want to get such ridiculously looking breasts.

I am sure all of the other woman have had breast work done - possibly not Candiace - but the rest of them just looked normally or normally voluptuous and not freakish.

I actually prefer Candiace's size with her body build as I think it is really unattractive when a petite woman gets DD or larger - an example being Betheny Frankel. 

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Unless she brings up Juan. And then he looks aroused!

I dont often feel anything but contempt for Ashley but watching her have to kiss Michael to keep him from gushing over Juan was sad.  And then the blindfold was cringey.  

He has so little respect for her that he can't even pretend to like her on national TV. It's sad. 

At least gizelle got a friendly fist bump from Jamal.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Someone was talking about couch positions, and based on that Ashley would be the only one who might be in danger.

If the new feuds for Season 7 will be Mia vs. Candiace or Gizelle vs. Candiace, Ashley is really not needed because she's not feuding with anyone else except for Candiace.  She's talking about Baby #3 so she can milk herself and tote some kids around as a shield for a third straight season?

5 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Yes, I would not characterize her as quick thinking or cutting to the meat…..more like a basic bitch.

But Candiace's basic bitch insults still have these women silk pressed fresh from the hot comb.  Ashley jumps on Tik Tok every day to prove she isn't wide bodied (she is) and Mia is still crying about being called "handsome."  Candiace calling Gizelle's house a $900K Tear Down Cabin had Gizelle shook.

Shoot, the "Good Night" twirl spun Monique out of control.

5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Mia is using her mother's addiction for a storyline and mostly for sympathy and cover.

Then Mia had the nerve to say her mother wanted to come on the show to "tell her story."  No YOU wanted to tell her story.

3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'm reminded of that guy who did those bum fight videos, and how he used the same justification for exploiting vulnerable people. 

This is some 90s realness right here.

3 hours ago, laprin said:

My parents couldn’t afford to help me with a downpayment on a house. Several of my friends who were white or Asian received down payments as wedding gifts from their parents.

My (white) coworker's daughter just bought HER daughter a townhouse.  My (white) college classmate just bought her daughter a townhouse.  A (white) coworker's grandmother gave her the downpayment for her home (saying "you'll probably never marry so this is the money I would've given you for your wedding."  That was 20 years ago.  Is my coworker married? Nope).

The people hashtagging "generational wealth" on their social media are the same people saying Candiace is a weak spoiled child because her mother bought her a home or gave her money to buy a home. The cast members scrunching their face up at Candiace getting funds from Dorothy will be the same ones giving their kids money for downpayments for homes in about 5-20 years.

Nene busy dropping hints to Andy that she wants to come back to RHOA.

Ashley is the only one who is completely pissing away this opportunity. 

Ashley had drive and she was a hard worker with the restaurant but Michael firing her from the restaurant and putting her out on the street killed her independent spirit.  Since she wears motherhood so much, she definitely should be doing a mommy podcast, mommy blog, yoga, creating a line of yoga clothes etc.

She's not going to do that because Michael will kill that too so she needs Baby #3 as a continued check.

Or was it the part where she reminded her recovering addict of a mother how neglectful she was in front of a national TV audience?  

Don't forget the part where she told the nation her mom got sentenced to 20 years in jail.  But Candiace saying "yo momma" will send her back to the pipe.  Ok.

1 hour ago, amarante said:

I am sure all of the other woman have had breast work done - possibly not Candiace

Sometimes I think Candiace has had breast work done too, just small implants.  I think Paris Hilton has small implants and so does Kelly Rowland.

Wendy's implants look ridiculous and she made them look MORE ridiculous by shoving them into schmedium shirts.  Lady's nipples were screaming for freedom and liberty.  Terrible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Sometimes I think Candiace has had breast work done too, just small implants.  I think Paris Hilton has small implants and so does Kelly Rowland.

Wendy's implants look ridiculous and she made them look MORE ridiculous by shoving them into schmedium shirts.  Lady's nipples were screaming for freedom and liberty.  Terrible.

I agree about Candiace possibly having small implants but they look great on her and very natural. 

• Love 4

The people hashtagging "generational wealth" on their social media are the same people saying Candiace is a weak spoiled child

What if people aren't hashtagging that but still think Candyass is a weak spoiled child?

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I love the bob on Candiace. She is a cute little thing. I love how she has everyone talking. Everyone is saying she’s hateful but everyone treats her so horribly and she’s too little to be mistreated and ganged up on. I thought Ashley looked very nice on the reunion with her hair straightened. Yes everyone is passionate about their favorites just go to the RHONY forums omg total cringe….

• Love 7
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

Its just another reason why I think Gizelle should have been extremely hesitant about having her daughters name on anything Jamal was associated with.  Who know what money he used to stake that restaurant and what its origins are.  

I believe sometimes "back taxes" can be used when the IRS finds out you've been trying to funnel your money into shady shit so you don't have to declare it.  

Well, that is absolutely true.  Jamal gave the girls the restaurant in—what?  2020?  I think.  That's how long I've been watching Potomac.  Hopefully, Gizelle is savvy enough to have someone with accounting skills keeping an eye on it.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, drivethroo said:

My (white) coworker's daughter just bought HER daughter a townhouse.  My (white) college classmate just bought her daughter a townhouse.  A (white) coworker's grandmother gave her the downpayment for her home (saying "you'll probably never marry so this is the money I would've given you for your wedding."  That was 20 years ago.  Is my coworker married? Nope).

The people hashtagging "generational wealth" on their social media are the same people saying Candiace is a weak spoiled child because her mother bought her a home or gave her money to buy a home. The cast members scrunching their face up at Candiace getting funds from Dorothy will be the same ones giving their kids money for downpayments for homes in about 5-20 years

On these shows alone there are a lot of examples of white women setting their children up, helping them through college, early adulthood, down payments and extravagant weddings and I’ve never seen anyone have as much of a problem until Candiace got something. Dot is clearly a wealthy woman and she’s absolutely allowed to help her kids out however and whenever she sees fit whatever their age if she’s able to afford it. I feel people who are mad about Candiace are upset because they don’t want to see her succeed or have what she wants in life. I don’t know if it’s colorism or just plain hate for someone and wanting to see them fail but in this case I have to believe it’s both.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL, my parents raised four children full time and were fine.  So, there is nothing to suggest there is "too much" on his plate.  Though there is likely quite a bit on her plate, and thats GREAT for her.  

People choose to ignore the fact that Candiace and Chris' relationship started as a friendship. He said they were friends for almost four years before they started dating.  She's said multiple times that she wants to be a mother, she's just scared because of how Dorothy treated her. Chris on the other hand said in his YouTube interview that he knows for a fact that she'd be a great mother.  She already knows what she doesn't want to do so she's already ahead of the game.  They have a timeline for starting a family. 

There are people who are so committed to hating her,  that they're openly wishing for all her pregnancies to end in stillbirth. I'm sure that has some effect on her.

I agree she's doing just fine (I sent you a pm). She has  her hair care line, she has her salons, she's making money off of iTunes with her album,  she's a brand ambassador, she has another movie coming out soon and her pilot should be coming out soon. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 9

I feel people who are mad about Candiace are upset because they don’t want to see her succeed or have what she wants in life.

Every single HW has people who dislike her. Every single one. Candyass isn't some special snowflake because she has "haters".

I don’t know if it’s colorism

No.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Every single HW has people who dislike her. Every single one. Candyass isn't some special snowflake because she has "haters".

No.

I’m not sure we’re watching the same show then, Candiace gets lambasted for things that other people do regularly and told that she deserves an ass beating for speaking words. I’m not looking for a debate because I already know how I feel about the situation and clearly so do you, agree to disagree

• Love 10
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

Why is the assumption that Mia's mom is a victim without any agency? There is absolutely zero evidence that Mia "dragged", forced, or arm-twisted her mom to be on tv. At the end of the day, her mom had to sign a release, show up and film. She There is absolutely no evidence that she was coerced in any way, and yet, there is this narrative that Mia somehow took advantage of her. It just doesn't track for me. 

• Love 6

I’m not looking for a debate because I already know how I feel about the situation and clearly so do you, agree to disagree

Yeah but I'm not making assumptions or attempting to speak for people who disagree with me.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Why is the assumption that Mia's mom is a victim without any agency? There is absolutely zero evidence that Mia "dragged", forced, or arm-twisted her mom to be on tv. At the end of the day, her mom had to sign a release, show up and film. She There is absolutely no evidence that she was coerced in any way, and yet, there is this narrative that Mia somehow took advantage of her. It just doesn't track for me. 

I dont think it's as black and white as saying that she somehow couldn't say no.   

However, it seems clear to me that mias mom is not as savvy about reality TV as Mia.  

So "sharing her story" to a national audience would have been an easy thing for Mia to pressure her into.

Mia however, knew better and knew that she wasn't just getting her mom on TV to share an inspirational story but was getting her on TV to exploit her addiction and to berate her on national TV.  

So, yeah, the pressuring and taking advantage narrative works for me.  Mias mother was no Dorothy, reveling in being on TV. 

Nothing about her demeanor or styling said that.  She looked extremely uncomfortable.  And I don't take "well she signed a release" as per se proof that Mia didn't misrepresent and exploit her.  All.the guys on bumfights signed releases too. 

• Love 9

The first part of the reunion went better than I expected!

I could do without Robyn's continually stank faced mug.  Bitch, if you really need to say something, say it and don't allow yourself to be cut off or interrupted.  As Candace said, this is a show about verbal sparring, if you want to use Emily Post rules you're gonna get ignored.  

I had no problem with anything Wendy or Karen said w/r/t Gizelle.  Its no fun to be the target of a gang up, is it Gizelle?  

I also still don't know what the story is, because for someone who doesn't care Gizelle seems to keep getting caught in lies.  Like you two broke up after Christmas, but then before Christmas Jamal was saying your relationship wasn't real.  And then Gizelle didn't even really deny it when Andy was saying that Jamal basically cheated on her again after she let him back in.  But how could that possible?  You didn't think you were in a relationship and you knew about everything?  And then Gizelle is salty when Wendy pointed out it was TWO women Jamal was talking to.  I think Gizelle should just take the L on the Jamal thing.  Either admit you did it for a storyline or that this toad bamboozled you...yet again.  

I don't think Andy hates Candiace, he mentioned her record at the top of the show (good on her!) and even mentioned a shout out from Anita Baker.  I can't imagine that was written into some sort of contract.

I DO think Andy got sore when Candiace called Mia ungrateful, because I think in Andy's opinion, the only person they should thank for their careers and camera time is him.  I do think Candace could have gone in harder on Mia than a 'yo momma joke and I think that if Mia stays another season, it will be, in part because of her tiff with candiace.  

The irony of Gizelle talking about Candace being foul to Mia, a person she didn't know, when she made a 'yo momma joke about a woman she didn't know what rich, when one considers that she was allegedly friends with Karen, and wore that shitty tee-shirt to come after Ray, a man who did nothing to her.  And Gizelle's cruelty was 100% premeditated and designed to cut deep at a time she KNEW Karen was hurting.  Candiace made a 'yo momma joke about a woman she didn't know to another woman she didn't know.  Gizelle knew Ray and still did that on national TV.  So Gizelle shouldn't be offering up opinions on acceptable and unacceptable meanness.  

Someone was talking about couch positions, and based on that Ashley would be the only one who might be in danger.  Gizelle and Wendy first seat either side, Candace and Karen second seat.  Robyn and Mia third seat and Ashley/Askale fourth seat....and Askala was just a friend of.  

I think Ashley has a big forehead, but now I can see that due to her jay leno chin, she just has a long face.  She might benefit from bangs.  

I agree with everything you said.

this is hilarious and I'm stealing it. 

I think Gizelle's go to is to act like she isn't bothered.  I'm not sure about clawback rules, but I know they are a thing, and the IRS is the worst loan shark on the block.  They will get their money, no matter whose kneecaps they break.  

Its just another reason why I think Gizelle should have been extremely hesitant about having her daughters name on anything Jamal was associated with.  Who know what money he used to stake that restaurant and what its origins are.  

I believe sometimes "back taxes" can be used when the IRS finds out you've been trying to funnel your money into shady shit so you don't have to declare it.  

It sometimes just shocks me how beautiful Gizelle is and how she did not realize that even a fake storyline with Jamal makes her look pathetic. Her own father even called her out on it. 

I would much rather watch Gizelle dating at fifty and fabulous than even pretend to be with that toad who does nothing but humiliate her at every turn. He could not even keep the fake storyline for her paycheck and the word on the street is that she paid him money to even go on the show with her.

The real story is how could a woman with Gizelle's beauty, breeding, and education even consider a man like him?

I am relieved that her lovely daughters seem to understand that they deserved much better and have figured out what not to do by watching her relationships.

14 hours ago, eXiled said:

I'm just gon leave this handsome, big-footed, wide-bodied ho here to give your rude ass the stink eye coz you know you wrong, sis.

bigfoot.gif

You really need to put up a NSFW or not safe for work warning when you post something THIS sexy.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

I would much rather watch Gizelle dating at fifty and fabulous

I would much rather watch Gizelle at fifty realizing she doesn't need a man, real or fake, to be fabulous.

• Love 19
14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Cardi B.  had a hit song and kept talking about her checks from Mona Scott.  

K.Michelle and Remy Ma both had hit songs and stayed on their respective reality shows. 

So maybe candace stays and maybe she goes.  Either way it'll be her decision :)

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, amarante said:

I agree about Candiace possibly having small implants but they look great on her and very natural. 

I swear to you that this thought popped into my mind as I was at the gym this morning.  

If she has had work done, it's been well done.  

I dont even know that gizelle was being shady when she talked about candaces style. 

Candace has the body to buy clothes off the internet.   

Gizelle and i, like most normal women, have to get into the dressing room with a three way mirror to see how that fits before we buy. 

I think candaces style is cute, it's a callback to the 80s and 90s.  But lordt if I started walking around in bike shorts and a crop top I'd end up on a "people of Walmart" website. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

If she has had work done, it's been well done.  

I agree. There was a rumor last season? that Candiace got a nose job, but I couldn't tell when a before/after was posted. If she did get work done, then she has an amazing surgeon, but her nose could've been contoured. They don't call it makeup artistry for nothing. 

It's like Blake Lively. She's never come out and admitted that she got breast implants, but if she did, it's another case of good work. Wendy should've hit up Blake's titty doctor.

17 hours ago, RealReality said:

While I'm sure Ashley will get something because she has leverage now, I don't see a hefty payout either. I mean, this is the same guy who wouldn't put international on his wife's phone. That's what? an extra $20? If he's stingy about a phone plan, he's going to have a phalanx of lawyers around his fortune. 

Ashley's a smart girl, so hopefully she's squirreling away her HW money. When she separated from Michael seasons ago, I think he put her out of their apartment. I'm sure the lightbulb went off for her that she can't be that exposed again. 

• Love 6
On 11/7/2021 at 8:09 PM, bosawks said:

“Darby’s Barbie”, that is terrible.

I mean:  burn the house, salt the earth, move to another continent terrible.

I think Michael would rather play with Ken.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Boofish said:

It does not bother me that Dorothy still financially supports Candiace. Mostly because it's not coming from my account but I also make sure my 35 year daughter (with 2 kids AND A HUSBAND) wants for nothing and I dare anybody to come for me; that is my child and I can do what I please for her and with my money. Not sure when it because such a taboo; a lot of these "rich" men inherited money, used connections etc. I mostly only see these "spoiled, get a job, who takes money from their momma" coming from minority communities. If my comment don't apply, let it fly *Kayne shrug*

The best part for me was Dollar General Darby Barbie comparing her song and cheesy Rebecca Black video to Candiace actual singing career. Cause let's face it, love her or not homegirl have a very legitimate album on the charts and is only second to Kandi Burruss as far as Housewife's popstar status is concerned. 

I don't care what Dorothy does with her money. I buy both of my kids, who are married, things I'd like them to have but I don't support them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

LOL You are so passionate about your favorites!

I only mentioned Nene cause she was on a REAL tv show, not a holiday movie and still came out with nothing because Real Housewives don’t usually make it in the entertainment world. 

I loved Nene on The New Normal. She would be great on another sitcom.

• Love 3

I have no issues with Dorothy subsidizing Candiace. Everyone I know helps out their kids financially (and emotionally) to the best of their abilities. Lots of "middle class" people have assets which would be left to their children anyway so why not give them help when they can use it with a down payment or even more so long as they are not sacrificing their own security to have their children be able to lead a lavish life child. My wealthy friend has bought each of her daughters homes worth several million dollars - why not as the kids are going to eventually inherit lots of wealth anyway.

My issue with Dorothy is that she used finances to manipulate Candiace and so the relationship was and continues to be dysfunctional. I don't blame Candiace for that since I am sure her mother did this her entire life and it would take excellent therapy by the adult child to break free of the twisted psychodynamics. 

My friends as well as me who received assistance from parents don't have dysfunctional relationships. The parents didn't and don't use it as some kind of leash to keep us in step. They were freely given and there is no more than the usual parental "advise"

I believe that Candiace becoming economically liberated probably has changed the dynamic so both emotionally and financially Candiace is not tied to her mother's teat. I actually think that Chris and Candiace seem to have a fairly healthy relationship. I don't get any sense at all that he emotionally or physically abuses her. Of course who knows what really goes on behind closed doors for anyone but it doesn't seem like Candiace has the indicia of hanging around for abuse - Mia and Ashley are much more likely candidates for putting up with crap. And emotionally both Gizelle and Robyn seem to have damaged psyches which allow them to hang around with emotionally distant men like Juan and Jamal (and the other losers Gizelle has been involved with at least on the show).

ETA - Is the term "generational wealth" one that is specific to POC? I don't mean the concept because obviously people have been leaving money to their heirs since prehistory. But it is only fairly recently that I have heard the specific phrase and it seems that it is in conjunction with POC. Completely unrelated but Our Kind of People is a show about uber wealthy black families and an "outsider" who consistently uses the "generational wealth" as a motivation for building her hair business. I know sociologically it is a huge issue in terms of the disparity between the "assets" of white folks and POC and that I have read about for many years but not the specific phraseology. I think one of the major differences among the regular middle class is home ownership since a home is probably the most valuable asset people have. 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

She’s not really doing  that well. That tv movie happened a year ago. LOL. 

You think most actors are getting more than one movie a year, LOL? She had a starring role in a BET movie and then a smaller role on a Netflix sitcom. She also filmed a pilot and released an album. And she earns a good check from doing the show. If that’s not doing well, I’ll take it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, amarante said:

I have no issues with Dorothy subsidizing Candiace. Everyone I know helps out their kids financially (and emotionally) to the best of their abilities. Lots of "middle class" people have assets which would be left to their children anyway so why not give them help when they can use it with a down payment or even more so long as they are not sacrificing their own security to have their children be able to lead a lavish life child. My wealthy friend has bought each of her daughters homes worth several million dollars - why not as the kids are going to eventually inherit lots of wealth anyway.

My issue with Dorothy is that she used finances to manipulate Candiace and so the relationship was and continues to be dysfunctional. I don't blame Candiace for that since I am sure her mother did this her entire life and it would take excellent therapy by the adult child to break free of the twisted psychodynamics. 

My friends as well as me who received assistance from parents don't have dysfunctional relationships. The parents didn't and don't use it as some kind of leash to keep us in step. They were freely given and there is no more than the usual parental "advise"

I believe that Candiace becoming economically liberated probably has changed the dynamic so both emotionally and financially Candiace is not tied to her mother's teat. I actually think that Chris and Candiace seem to have a fairly healthy relationship. I don't get any sense at all that he emotionally or physically abuses her. Of course who knows what really goes on behind closed doors for anyone but it doesn't seem like Candiace has the indicia of hanging around for abuse - Mia and Ashley are much more likely candidates for putting up with crap. And emotionally both Gizelle and Robyn seem to have damaged psyches which allow them to hang around with emotionally distant men like Juan and Jamal (and the other losers Gizelle has been involved with at least on the show).

ETA - Is the term "generational wealth" one that is specific to POC? I don't mean the concept because obviously people have been leaving money to their heirs since prehistory. But it is only fairly recently that I have heard the specific phrase and it seems that it is in conjunction with POC. Completely unrelated but Our Kind of People is a show about uber wealthy black families and an "outsider" who consistently uses the "generational wealth" as a motivation for building her hair business. I know sociologically it is a huge issue in terms of the disparity between the "assets" of white folks and POC and that I have read about for many years but not the specific phraseology. I think one of the major differences among the regular middle class is home ownership since a home is probably the most valuable asset people have. 

I agree with everything you said about Candiace and Dot. Hell, Katie Roost is the poster child for having parents (and then various boyfriends) fund lavish lifestyles. Its an issue only because Candiace showed she was sensitive about it. Had her original response been "yep, my mama loves me", it would have been dust. But she reacted and everyone knew it was a point worth attacking after that. 

Besides that plenty of "normal" folks live in their parent's homes - boomerang kids, back after college/grad school; sandwich generation kids taking care of elderly parents and wealthy ass kids living in their parent's pied-a-terre. Hell, no one was talking bad about Nicky and Paris Hilton living in homes their parents brought for them. Same with Jaden Smith or Justin Combs. But none of those kids are upset about it or trying to prove they've made their own way. They aren't hung up on it and Candiace is which is why she gets angry and cries. 

And to answer your question the concept of generational wealth is not something that is specific to POC. Its just an phrase that has become popular in the last decade or so to describe why there is such a disparity in outcomes between white and minority communities. "Poor" whites still have access to capital and inherit wealth in ways that "poor" minorities do not. And yes that has a ton to do with home ownership, redlining, and the devaluing of homes in minority communities (even when those communities have similar housing stock to white areas) that have resulted in less wealth being passed between families in similar situations.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6