Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E04: Flower Power

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, T Summer said:

if solids can be used and  the garment doesn't have to be made entirely of the fabric  they had created from what they drew... that should be made clear at the outset.

In the brief for the challenge the designers were given a little 'Mood' to select other fabrics from to use in their designs but cautioned that the floral print needed to be the primary focus. So I think Aaron used his floral design entirely but designed it as a thick border so I think that was fine. And the designer who made the peignoir set used the primary 'robe' part from her print and the under 'pantsuit' thingy from a separate fabric from the mini Mood (I presume that's where she got it). So I don't think anyone went outside of the instructions for the challenge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

In the brief for the challenge the designers were given a little 'Mood' to select other fabrics from to use in their designs but cautioned that the floral print needed to be the primary focus. So I think Aaron used his floral design entirely but designed it as a thick border so I think that was fine. And the designer who made the peignoir set used the primary 'robe' part from her print and the under 'pantsuit' thingy from a separate fabric from the mini Mood (I presume that's where she got it). So I don't think anyone went outside of the instructions for the challenge.

Thank you. I didn't hear that. I need to rewatch the show, not just the runway. 🤭

Oh... that's what the mini Mood set up was for? Yes, I heard and saw that part🤦‍♀️

Hard to believe for instance Prajje used the fabric he got and nothing but...if he had options.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, T Summer said:

Regarding Shantal's  navy+white diamond pattern  fabric with a whisper of floral  that she made into a 3 pc ensemble  that won... I noticed her model was an entire head taller than the other models and contestants when she walked off the runway after judging. She also has a very narrow build and is completely flat chested. I found myself wondering what that would look like on someone of average height that wasn't even plus size; just maybe 5"4" -5" 6" and sz 8 or 10? [I'm guessing not so good.]

That’s DD Smith, and they are non-binary.  So there is a good reason for that androgynous body type and look.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

That’s DD Smith, and they are non-binary.  So there is a good reason for that androgynous body type and look.

I suspected that was the case. I'm  suggesting that it's hard to present well  in head to toe bold pattern and such a boxy jacket and that the model being exceptionally tall and narrow helped Shantal immensely. I wonder if the judges would have been as impressed if the look was worn by one of the other models? I'd say probably not, and that if an even shorter  average height person like a 5' 4"-5' 6" woman bought and wore the outfit it would look just awful!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, T Summer said:

Are models Grace and Rachael considered plus size? Does anyone have any idea what size beautifu, tall,  shapely Grace is?  a 6 or 8 maybe? Whereas typical fashion models are what a 2? or even a 0?

I assume they are considering a size 14 is plus sized for a lot of the haute couture fashion world, and they're alot bigger than a size 14 IMO. I know, that's my size range.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

1009049_1634255862.7324.jpg

I think Sabrina called the burqa a symbol of oppression.  It was one of the judges (Gigi?) who referred to someone choosing to wear a burqa.

I can’t stand Elaine.  I’ve never liked her, and with her doing some of the hosting, it’s just too much.  Seems like an unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed Gigi.  She seemed like she was just having a good time and she was kind to the contestants.

I really do dislike the sob story narrative we’re getting presented with.  It’s what put me off a lot of the entertainment reality shows, now it’s infecting PR.  Noooo!

I do like Katie, and I want to like her clothes, but I just hate them.  When I saw her adding the scalloped edge, I just shook my head.  I thought it looked like felt too.

I disliked the winning garment because it didn’t meet the assignment.  Remember at the beginning, it was all about the beautiful colours and joy the flowers bring?  There was none of that in hers.  I didn’t see anything innovative in Prajies fabric or design.

Edited by Tiggertoo
Sorry, I messed up the quote.
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, T Summer said:

I suspected that was the case. I'm  suggesting that it's hard to present well  in head to toe bold pattern and such a boxy jacket and that the model being exceptionally tall and narrow helped Shantal immensely. I wonder if the judges would have been as impressed if the look was worn by one of the other models? I'd say probably not, and that if an even shorter  average height person like a 5' 4"-5' 6" woman bought and wore the outfit it would look just awful!

I absolutely agree that DD sold the hell out of that look.  The idea of that on Bones’ model or Octavio’s model?  Hard pass.  It’s a good thing they don’t have to sell the winning look like they do on “Making the Cut”, because I can’t imagine that head-to-toe look selling well.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

I assume they are considering a size 14 is plus sized for a lot of the haute couture fashion world, and they're alot bigger than a size 14 IMO. I know, that's my size range.

Dariana and Grace are definitely plus size.  Rachel is technically considered plus size for models, but average for the real world.  Rachel Radcliff IG I think she’s stunning.

• Love 4

When Elaine introduced the "flower guy" at the beginning she said he was "world famous." Um I never heard of him. Just sayin.

And oh Darren and his Spongebob obsession. I have twenty-something age kids, and THEY'RE too old for spongebob, or to have ever BEEN all about spongebob.

You know when you walk by the clothes in Walmart, and they just look cheap cheap cheap because the colors are just garish and plain "not lovely"? That's how I felt about most of these prints. Too bright, too primary, too everything. Cheap Cheap Cheap.

ETA: Re the burqa. What on earth is the "cookie part." I gathered she means the crotch area. But this expression is a new one for me.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

ETA: Re the burqa. What on earth is the "cookie part." I gathered she means the crotch area. But this expression is a new one for me.

Several years ago, the fourth wife on Sister Wives was giving a family talk on chastity and referred to a man "stealing her cookie" . . . which she could never get back again.  She even used a cookie as a visual aid.  It was ridiculous.  

Body parts have names.  Adults should know how to use them.  Then everyone they're talking to knows what they are talking about.  "Pubic area" is something everyone understands.  "Cookie" (in that sense) is not.

• Love 10

I will give her a pass on the cookie thing because she is from Afghanistan where they likely aren't talking about vaginas and vulvas on tv, or in the company of men.  In one of her talking heads, she even asked if she could say vagina and was surprised when she was told she could.

Even some Americans are squeamish about calling a vulva a vulva, or a vagina.  Was it Peach who called it the "good china"?  And I'm pretty sure we've heard Michael Kors call it a hoo-ha.

9 hours ago, T Summer said:

I'm  suggesting that it's hard to present well  in head to toe bold pattern and such a boxy jacket and that the model being exceptionally tall and narrow helped Shantal immensely. I wonder if the judges would have been as impressed if the look was worn by one of the other models? I'd say probably not, and that if an even shorter  average height person like a 5' 4"-5' 6" woman bought and wore the outfit it would look just awful!

I completely agree.  Imagine Alyssa Milano wearing that look.  That would be a big NO.

Edited by izabella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Tiggertoo said:

I do like Katie, and I want to like her clothes, but I just hate them.  When I saw her adding the scalloped edge, I just shook my head.  I thought it looked like felt too.

She said it was pleather.

How tall is DD? When she (he? what pronouns do they use?) walked alone, they looked normal, but lined up with the other designers -- even the men -- they looked freakishly tall (although that was partly the heels).

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

DD Smith IG

DD uses they/them pronouns.  I have been following them for some time, but haven’t found out a height yet.  I’m curious, too.

Thanks! I changed to they/them before I saw your response, but now I know for sure.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

I thought none of the outfits for the plus sized models looked good on them, not because of the models but because the designers seemed like they were not designing for plus sized models but for regular skinny ones, and then just adjusted the measurements for the plus sized models.  I'm not an expert on fashion design, but I would think you need to design with the customer's size in mind, a  design than would flatter them, not put them in something that would make them look even bigger.

Agreed. Most of these folks don't seem to know how to design for breasts. Last episode Zayden smushed his model's and this episode Octavio let his model's bounce. I'm guessing it's because they're used to making clothes for flat chested women and have no idea how to incorporate a bra. Until designers can do a good job of fitting women who aren't built like suit boxes they can't say they design for plus size.

Posters in another thread pointed out how on past seasons the judges recoiled in horror from designs that made the model look bigger. The thing is, if you're plus size, you're big. No amount of dark fabric or horizontal stripes is going to change that. When designers embrace the body the results can be excellent.

(Thanks for mentioning Lizzo, @lilwhitelion)

Screenshot 2021-11-06 at 11-39-40 Lizzo Modernizes Classic Glamour in a Logomania Coat Kitten Heels for Gucci Love Parade.png

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Those pictures of the outfits on Bravo are BLOCKED to anyone outside of the US, which I think is really stupid!
Does anyone know where non-Americans can view pictures of the outfits from this week?

I knew something like this had to exist and some long tail keyword searching and I found it! NBC Universal has a press/media site that is public. I hope this works for you in Canada.

NBC Universal Media Village - ProjectRunway.

I have not found a blog that's doing recaps AND shows all the looks. Elle has recaps but they only show the winning look. Some second and third tier sites have recaps but no one is doing what Tom & Lorenzo were known for, showing all looks and critiquing them. 

Edited by Refresh
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, carrps said:

. Already said, but what bridal salon does not have Prajje's sillhouette a hundred times over??? And the the unlined sleeves looked so cheap. I did like that he had the orientation of the fabric vertical on the body and horizontal on the mermaid fins, but the fabric was making me think of old Orangina ads.

I hated the unlined sleeves--wish he could have at least used his other fabric to line them.  And agreed that the silhouette, though well tailored and sewn, was unoriginal.  Safe, but not top 3, for me.  You absolutely nailed it re Orangina!  And I think that Christian called it a sofa print at some point?

20 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

I hate hate hate that the designer who does a non-floral pattern doesn't get booted. This was a floral challenge. Elaine even said that the extra fabric was NOT to be the main fabric. Oh, they rewarded her. If you don't follow the brief of the challenge, you don't get to be in top 3.

I felt it was floral enough.  If we're going to accept the top 3 as top and have to choose from them, the robe outfit, although very pretty and flowy, was only half floral-fabric.  When she took off the robe and the judges oohed and aahed over the plain red part--THAT part was even less floral than the picnic-mat-after-you-made-daisy-chains fabric!

20 hours ago, caitmcg said:

I’m in a minority who was satisfied with Shantell's win. She made three well-tailored pieces (and her jacket was fully lined), and I disagree that her fabric didn’t fit the brief at all. I mean, yeah, it was subtle in contrast with all the exuberant prints, but I thought combining the floral motif with a geometric graphic was interesting and different.

Yes, this is where I fall too.  If, like I said above, we had to pick from the judges' top three.  but:

19 hours ago, izabella said:

I probably would have chosen Anna or Coral as the winner.  Anna's dress was at least interesting, and Coral's was pretty, though I noticed she had plastic luggage/backpack fasteners holding the jacket closed, so that was kind of a big fail, IMO. 

I'm here too.  Those were my faves, except for that awful strap closure thing.  

I also, as some have said above, was much more impressed with Katie's IG looks than what she wears onscreen and what she produces in the challenges.  Those really let the fabric design speak, like when she was jumping with slim pants in a bold print.  She didn't have a lot of huge choir-girl collars or additional foofaraw on those. Basically, the IG stuff didn't look childish. 

If she can do something like challenge herself to be bold but cleaner in color combinations and silhouettes, without hanging every single trim on it, I'd like to see more for a while.

I also was intrigued by her self-challenge of "don't buy any more clothes" and how that stimulated her into this path.  It was at least more of a success than when my BFF's husband got a bee in his bonnet about their overstuffed pantry and declared they weren't buying more staples until they used up what they had--which only led, for her, to a subsequent lifelong hatred of grits, because that's what they ended up with a lot of!

I didn't feel like Brandon really meant one should cook in that robe; it just was part of his babble about how that robe was amazing and could be labeled as anything (maybe to justify its being in the top on a red carpet challenge even though it was...a robe).  

ETA:  I think Bones and Octavio used the same allover print of dianthus, in the same scale, except Bones' was original color (a sort of red/maroon) and Octavio's was in black and white.

Also, looking at that "vote" page, I was amused that Zayden's model had a hairdo that looked like one of his own renditions!

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Refresh said:

I knew something like this had to exist and some long tail keyword searching and I found it! NBC Universal has a press/media site that is public. I hope this works for you in Canada.

NBC Universal Media Village - ProjectRunway.

I have not found a blog that's doing recaps AND shows all the looks. Elle has recaps but they only show the winning look. Some second and third tier sites have recaps but no one is doing what Tom & Lorenzo were known for, showing all looks and critiquing them. 

Thank you @Refresh!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Couldn't Gigi or someone in hair and makeup at least run a brush through her hair? It looked dirty and like it hadn't been brushed for a few days. I also laughed at the random fake flowers stapled onto her jacket. There is some high fashion for you! I also don't give a lot of credence to what she has to say about clothing and/or fashion. She would still be traipsing around California in oversized tshirts and basketball shorts if it wasn't for her insane mother's need to live vicariously through her kids and her father's bottomless wallet.

What happened to Nina? She used to be someone the designers feared getting on the wrong side of. Now, she's as dull as Elaine. She needs to bring back a little Meana Garcia when the designers send junior high home ec projects down the runway. 

Bravo, if you're reading, we want to see more of what happens in the workroom. You know, the designing and construction of the garments. And, please! For the love of all things holy, no more sob stories or convoluted explanations about the clothes.

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I too miss the tougher Nina.  Maybe the pandemic wore her down? 

I really miss Michael Kors!  He had some hilarious and/or snarky comments. 😂

I miss him, too. I want to hear Nina tell a designer she questions their taste level again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Still catching up on all these great comments but just want to say how thirsty is Gigi Hadid to be the next host of PR? Good Lordt, don’t be so obvious, girl! I feel like this was her audition and she tried WAY too hard. Also tf was she wearing??

I watch RHOBH but have never really paid Gigi much attention. I’ve never really heard her speak beyond a quick soundbite. Her aura is much more uncouth and…boorish than I would expect of a “global supermodel” or however she was captioned. She should be Supermodel*, with prominent asterisk, as I believe Cindy Crawford’s mother did not strong arm her career onto the world by going on a reality TV show that dissolved her marriage to get her daughter into the mainstream zeitgeist. But anyway. 😉 

I actually think when Gigi said her dream line, there was a bunch of additional talk about Heidi that of course got cut. Would have been interesting to see what (if anything) was said. 

But no matter what, madam, you are no Heidi Klum!!

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

I believe Cindy Crawford’s mother did not strong arm her career onto the world by going on a reality TV show that dissolved her marriage to get her daughter into the mainstream zeitgeist. But

Perhaps not, but I doubt Cindy's own daughter would have prominent modeling jobs if her mother was not who she is.

• Love 15

I loved Anna's print.

I echo those who see talent in Katie but she is not right for this show. I like her spirit. It seems like she is someone who has embraced her creative side and I admire that. However, she is not a designer for high end clothes or contest designing. I think she does nicely with her own stuff (based on what they showed) where she doesn't have to meet some rules of a challenge that do not fit her. 

• Love 11
On 11/6/2021 at 8:03 AM, dleighg said:

Perhaps it's her family name for lady parts. My kids called it the Tulip ( a play on words-two lips lol). 

RE: the unfortunate placement of the flower on the Cookie - all I could think about was those Lu La Roe leggings that accidentally had vulva-appearing stuff on the crotch area (if you saw the Lu La Rich documentary, you will get it). While I understand her idea of embracing femininity and all that, intentionally placing a flower there will bring about lots of stares, particularly if you're not somebody who's interested in explaining the placement.  Sometimes fashion is just artistic - beautiful fabric draped and sewn in a pleasing manner. 

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, HelloOutThere said:

Still catching up on all these great comments but just want to say how thirsty is Gigi Hadid to be the next host of PR? Good Lordt, don’t be so obvious, girl! I feel like this was her audition and she tried WAY too hard. Also tf was she wearing??

That terrifies me to hell.  I didn't agree with any of the top 3 designs.  All of my top 3 were only "safe".  And I have a theory that they let Gigi have wayyyyyyyyy too much influence in the judging.

The winner barely used flowers.
I love Praje (spelling) but a mermaid dress? Seriously?  In 2021?
I don't even remember the third dress to be honest.

• Love 6
On 11/4/2021 at 7:46 PM, Passing Strange said:

I wasn't crazy about the actual challenge outfit, but I do want a cooking robe.

That was so funny. Flowing sleeves + burners = a hell of a good time.

Prajje’s look and silhouette didn’t seem especially original and I really hate garments that constrict the model’s movement. Also I think it looks cheesy when you can see the wrong side of the fabric, as with his sleeves. Shantall took the trouble to line her garment’s sleeves.

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 8
On 11/5/2021 at 8:15 AM, backgroundnoise said:

Which judge was it that said the bathrobe was a red carpet outfit?  I demand they wear one to their next event.

I liked the print for the robe, BUT IT WAS A ROBE.  Maybe a high-end look robe?  Robe was fine but looked really odd over that sparkly wierd dress and pants.

Scratching my head at how Prajje's was in any way, shape or form fresh or innovative.   Boo judges.

No more talk of relatives at all, or sob stories of any kind.  Boo producers.  Boo judges for encouraging any of that.

Darren was even flirting with his graphic designer.  Does he have a syndrome or something?

The morning after they woke up in the haunted house, someone mentioned hearing noises during the night. Darren said, “That was me and George (ghost) having sex.” Ugh. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't even remember the third dress to be honest.

It was the cooking robe, which had an ENTIRE UNDER GARMENT MADE OF THE SUPPOSEDLY "ACCENT" MATERIAL. So what did she do with the print? Made some kind of floaty thing. Woo Hoo.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

I listened to Tom and Lorenzo's podcast after the first episode this season.  To refresh myself, I listened again and took some notes because of your question.  Indulge me as I put down some things they said (quoted as best as I could):

Tom: It's been 581 days since we talked about this show on our podcast.  

19 seasons is a long time.  We have said so much about this show in so many ways.

This episode was very boring.  The formula is so locked in.  But I'm happy that the show is still here. 

Lorenzo: I hate producers' manipulation. Fashion is about creativity.  When you take away the most important process, the most interesting process, which is creativity, you end up with unfinished garments, ideas which are not presenting anything new.

Tom:  18 previous winners, and only one, Christian Siriano, has achieved mainstream success.  The others aren't losers - they work in their boutiques, or for other designers, or do custom-wear work.  

Tim Gunn told a story about how the producers went to all sorts of people in the fashion industry to find a mentor and asked them this question: "Do you think it is possible for a designer to make a wedding dress in two days?"  All the people asked from the fashion industry said 'no'.  Only Tim Gunn said 'yes'.  But he didn't work in the industry and never has.  Technically, a designer can execute a wedding dress in two days, but the result will be shit.  Project Runway wants disasters because they are funnier to look at.

This is 18 seasons of shit fashions.  75% of what is walked has been crap.  And that is not the fault of the designers.  The producers don't give a shit who wins and who doesn't or who becomes famous.  They want great episodes.  It is a major disservice to the fashion industry.

Lorenzo: There are a ton of fashion designers out there.  If you don't present people who present creativity, something unique and different, the fashion industry will just look at you as a fashion game show.

Tom:  If any designer came to us asking about going on Project Runway, we would tell them don't do it.  When someone googles you in the future, all they will see is all the crap you produced on the show.

Lorenzo:  I like that this season is a very international show.  I think Christian pushes back a lot more than Tim did in his last seasons.  I can't stand Elaine.  She always has an agenda.  She has no technical expertise and only talks about how it makes her feel.

Tom:  Nina Garcia has always been incredibly kind to us.  We will probably look in once or twice if there is something different with an episode, and will most likely take a look at the finale.  We used to do 15 posts for each episode - 3 posts a day for five days a week.  I have nothing but fond memories of the show.

Their point about winners going on to mainstream success (just Christian) is all too common.   American Idol, had Kelly, Carrie and to a lesser extent Adan, be successful.   But who else?  And Adam was at least a decade ago.  The Voice doesn’t have any real breakouts that are mainstream success.    Future potential contestants for PR and other reality shows have to remember they are competing for our entertainment and a cash prize, not true success.  

• Love 5

The cooking robe made me think of the episode of Friends where Phoebe blurted out that some pants Rachel ‘s sister bought were ‘apartment pants’ . I thought some of the designs looked good on the tablets but not on the fabric. I have been disappointed with many of the make your own print designs and I think it is just a different skill to design textiles than clothing. I still love the show and want it to continue but hopefully Gigi won’t be back. I also don’t like Elaine , she may be a good writer but doesn’t have a TV personality.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

This is 18 seasons of shit fashions.

This should be PR's tagline.

I think the majority of contestants view the show as a brief, rare chance to get their faces on TV and draw attention to their businesses. The prize money would be great, except after taxes it would all be gone after one design season. Not enough to sustain a business as it grows, just enough to pay some overdue bills or buy some supplies and PR.

Good designers avoid the chance to be a contestant like the plague. They don't want to be a buffoon on TV.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, dleighg said:

It was the cooking robe, which had an ENTIRE UNDER GARMENT MADE OF THE SUPPOSEDLY "ACCENT" MATERIAL. So what did she do with the print? Made some kind of floaty thing. Woo Hoo.

UGH THANK YOU!  I DIDN'T GET THAT OUTFIT EITHER!!!!

I know that not everyone loves Chrissy Teigen, but I *think* she started or at least reinvigorated the whole cooking robe thing?  She wears short robes to do absolutely everything and she got big because she was always posting cooking videos on Instagram.

Here are the ones that she's selling now.  I guess she DOES like the long ones too. 

https://cravingsbychrissyteigen.com/chill/robes/

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, dleighg said:

Anya won PR by making an entire season of floaty things with no sewing or structure whatsoever, so I'll give Kristina a pass since I really liked the print she made.

• Love 2
On 11/5/2021 at 3:22 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Princess Gigi apparently thought her role was to blather a lot of nonsense all over the runway last night. If the judges kissed her ass any more she'd have bruises. Seriously, was she high?  She seemed to think that her words were THE words that needed to be heard at all times. It was very offputting, IMO. She is not a designer, she is just the daughter of uberwealthy parents who set her up as a fashion model and now everyone kisses her ass and tells her she is the bestest ever. I just can't with her. At all.

I couldn't agree more about the sob stories on the runway and throughout the show. I don't want to hear another word about missing of babies, Afghanistan, difficult journeys, coming out stories -- none of that. There's a fine line between getting some background on a contestant and playing little violins in the background incessantly to up the chances of a sympathy vote.

I miss the old Nina who was scathing when it mattered.  It's like she's anesthetized. And no more chatty guest judges please. It's not about you, dear.

To be fair, they always have an unqualified guest judge.   I’d seen pictures of Gigi and she takes good pictures but I’ve never seen her talking in person.   Has her face always been that big?   She is not conventionally pretty but photographs well.   

I hate the sob stories too. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bluesky said:

To be fair, they always have an unqualified guest judge.   I’d seen pictures of Gigi and she takes good pictures but I’ve never seen her talking in person.   Has her face always been that big?   She is not conventionally pretty but photographs well.   

Might be post baby weight. 

Agree about the sob stories.   And they are everywhere on reality tv and even the Olympics.  The winner is supposed to the most accomplished, not the one who has the saddest back story. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Bluesky said:

I think Gigi was pregnant or had just given birth.  Personally I think she's really cute.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

None of the judges mentioned the model's right boobie popping out of the red hefty bag outfit. Her hair kept it mostly covered, but I couldn't believe no one saw it.

Best designers ever? Wowzers. What is she smoking? I miss the real Nina. Pod Nina is sleepwalking.

Not sure I'll watch next week...really really dislike Johnny Weir.  d.

Edited by Deskisamess
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Deskisamess said:

None of the judges mentioned the model's right boobie popping out of the red hefty bag outfit. Her hair kept it mostly covered, but I couldn't believe no one saw it.

I saw that!

• Love 2

I didn’t like that crunchy platicky-looking jumpsuit under the pretty flowing robe, either.

Like others said, I was surprised by the top looks.

Edited by Thumper
“Didn’t” is important 😁
  • Love 2
On 11/6/2021 at 3:06 PM, AZChristian said:

Don't want to brag, but I'd never heard of Gigi before this episode.  LOL.

Her mom was on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and was absolutely rabid about making Gigi a model. When she graduated from high school, they had a giant party for her with the requisite high dollar, designer cake. Her mother shamed her into not having a piece of her own cake because she might gain an ounce. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I like that crunchy platicky-looking jumpsuit under the pretty flowing robe, either.

Like others said, I was surprised by the top looks.

On another forum someone called it the fruit roll up looking thing underneath.☺️

• LOL 11
On 11/6/2021 at 6:51 AM, Tiggertoo said:

I can’t stand Elaine.  I’ve never liked her, and with her doing some of the hosting, it’s just too much.  Seems like an unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed Gigi.  She seemed like she was just having a good time and she was kind to the contestants.

I really do dislike the sob story narrative we’re getting presented with.  It’s what put me off a lot of the entertainment reality shows, now it’s infecting PR.  Noooo!

I disliked the winning garment because it didn’t meet the assignment.  Remember at the beginning, it was all about the beautiful colours and joy the flowers bring?  There was none of that in hers.  I didn’t see anything innovative in Prajies fabric or design.

This. Everybody has a story. Tales of woe can’t camoflage bad design. I’m not discounting life experiences, but they can’t always be excuses. It’s like when they go to the opposite extreme and concoct ridiculous stories about where their models “are going.” (Angela Keslar, back in the dark ages of PR.)

Katie needs to learn to take what advice from Christian is helpful to her and discard the rest. He has such a way of getting in her head. Her things just look too arts-and-crafts for my taste, and I too thought the collar was felt. I don’t think she will be around much longer.

I liked the winning look — a different and original take on floral prints. Hated the robe. 

• Love 2

I only watch the show after I've recorded it. The reason is to fast forward through any sob stories or personal stuff with their families. I only want to see the actual design, creation and presentation of the clothes. 

• Love 8