Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Bon Voyage, Whitney!

• Start Topic

Whitney has a one-way ticket to Paris and is ready to meet her French man; when Whitney prioritizes love over her business, it may cause friction between her and Jessica; Whitney wonders whether her loved ones support her or expect the worst.

With this episode we say goodbye to season 9 of My Big Fat Fabulous Life.  

Original air date 2021.11.02

3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

episode of MBFFL Pillow Talk was brought to you by me and my 10 year old daughter (who's on homebound for the rest of the year because of COVID complications).

Thanks for the update, now take a rest,I don't know how you could stand to watch that piece of crap go on.You are a hero!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Whitney & Co. are sure working the cliffhangers to death. Let's see, first of course: "Will Whitney's flight make it safely to France? Will LeBlur make a surprise appearance to meet her at the airport? Or will he ghost her entirely? Will they ever actually meet face-to-face? How will they keep his appearance concealed, assuming  he shows up and they walk around places? Will they fall in  luurrve?

Second cliffhanger: Will Heather be approved as a surrogate for Whitney? If she is, will the gang pull straws to decide which male will be the sperm donor? Tal? Todd? Buddy? Jacob the producer? Lennie? A member of Hunter's band? Avi, Chase or LeBlur? [let Whitney have her dreams] The Fitness Marshall? Will Powell? His talented son Isaac? Jessica's fiance? the guy who delivers her "salads" of macaroni, cheese, mayonnaise and crumbled bacon bits?

Third cliffhanger: Will Buddy pop the question to Courtney? Will he wait until Whitney returns to ring shop with him? Or will he decided to ring shop with Courtney, rather than surprise her with a ring tainted by Whitney's sweaty hands?  Will Courtney ask him about the open wound on his forehead and will he tell her the truth?

Fourth cliffhanger: Knowing how happy Whitney really is for Sara, Chase and Aurora, will they invite her to the wedding?

Fifth cliffhanger: Do we ever find out whether Whitney absconded with Bab's kitchen decor, after Whitney decided the stuffed vegetables are really dog toys and Babs doesn't need them because she doesn't have a dog?

Sixth cliffhanger: Will Rebecca sign up with Will Powell and become Whitney's first real personal training client? Or will Will hold firm that Whitney is not going to be employed by him unless she actually passes the certification test? Any chance that the scene in the gym was actually an audition for Rebecca replacing Whitney on the show? [Let me have my dream. :)]

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My daughter: She probably calls him the Frenchman cause she doesn't know his real name. Run, Blurry, run!  

5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My daughter: I love that she keeps saying that SHE may not like HIM. Please. This woman would go after any man who accidentally did a double take. 

If Whit really sells her videos, I bet your daughter's commentary would out-sell it!   Tell her she's great!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

When your friend is throwing things at your head causing it to bleed profusely, it might be time to question whether or not it's worth being friends with them. Literally no one is safe around her at this point, she's starting to really act psychotic.

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 20

Whitney on the phone with french guy after announcing she's coming too see him, french guy: "Uh yeah, that's cool. Uh...okay..."

He's most definitely regretting all of his life choices leading to this point lol

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, sara1025 said:

Whitney on the phone with french guy after announcing she's coming too see him, french guy: "Uh yeah, that's cool. Uh...okay..."

He's most definitely regretting all of his life choices leading to this point lol

Le Blur is at this moment moving to germany in protective custody.this is really stupid,even for TLC

Edited by stoppro
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, stoppro said:

Le Blur is at this moment moving to germany in protective custody.

My daughter's convinced that the reason she calls him "the Frenchman" is because she doesn't know his real name. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
Just now, mamadrama said:

My daughter's convinced that the reason she calls him "the Frenchman" is because she doesn't know his real name. 

Smart girl - either she doesn't know his name or she doesn't know which of the stand-in's TLC has hired to pretend to be this guy she's talking to at any given moment. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

Smart girl - either she doesn't know his name or she doesn't know which of the stand-in's TLC has hired to pretend to be this guy she's talking to at any given moment. 

It could be anyone, Hopefully some homeless french guy meets her at the airport.,This is a big dead end for the whitless series.Please TLC cut your loss dump this shit bucket.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Mamadrama, the dialogue that you posted was the only enjoyable thing about this last (hopefully the final) episode. Most of us have family members who know that we watch yet can't bring themselves to join us. You are so fortunate to have a daughter who gets the snark.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

The apple does not fall far from the tree!!!  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Whitney's reaction to Jessica's "you should feel guilty for not asking me first" is a slip of the mask. It shows the REAL her. Girlfriend hates to be challenged

I haven't seen it yet, but boy does this have me intrigued.  I LOVE when we get glimpses of the real Whitney.  She's a mean piece of work.  And, you know, I'm convinced that Babs is too.  

If Whitney's on the way to France, I bet LeBlur is curled up in the fetal position under a table repeating "they should have stopped her at Munich, they should have stopped her at Munich . . . "

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

So TLC's going to just gloss over that literal assault caught on camera? You know if a guy did that to a women people wouldn't be giggling. They've ignored a lot of her sexual harassment before but that escalated to textbook assault. Hello?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, alabetser said:

So TLC's going to just gloss over that literal assault caught on camera? You know if a guy did that to a women people wouldn't be giggling. They've ignored a lot of her sexual harassment before but that escalated to textbook assault. Hello?

She's going to be in for a rude awakening when this show is over and she sexually or physically assaults someone. TLC won't be there to gloss it over. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

She's going to be in for a rude awakening when this show is over and she sexually or physically assaults someone. TLC won't be there to gloss it over. 

As soon as the show is over she’s going to find there isn’t anyone around to abuse anymore. 

• Love 8

It's only 3 minutes into the show, but: DID WHITNEY JUST THROW A REMOTE AT BUDDY'S HEAD????? Who does that?

And even if it wasn't a remote, you don't throw anything at someone's head except maybe a cotton ball or a piece of dust.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

It's only 3 minutes into the show, but: DID WHITNEY JUST THROW A REMOTE AT BUDDY'S HEAD????? Who does that?

And even if it wasn't a remote, you don't throw anything at someone's head except maybe a cotton ball or a piece of dust.

In buddy's case there is nothing to worry about he's not using it.

• LOL 10
10 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Waiting for a disclaimer re domestic violence like on Teen Mom. Buddy, press charges. Is it assault or battery? (don't watch legal shows).

It's a battery (common mistake to call it assault). A&B usually go together because assault involves fear and/or physical contact, and battery involves physical contact. So you can have both, or either. Here, it's likely only battery because it was a surprise attack and he laughed it off. I'm not a criminal lawyer, though.

This show has been circling the drain for years, but this is the last straw for me. I'm no Buddy cheerleader, but no one deserves to be battered like that. I haven't checked social media or anything, but I really hope her ass is getting dragged for it.

Edited by monagatuna
Corrected my own stupid legal mistake
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

No Twit he’s not on your level of excitement……duh

her lips look ridiculous.  I hate her Joker  smile and now it looks worse Ew.

she’s too short sweaty American? Shurrrrr leave out the obvious .  And that shrieking personality should be a horrendous shock to LeBlur

LMAO i laughed out loud when Twit said the the family “HE WANTS ME TO COME!!!”   Uhhhhh is she delusional… his reaction sounded like he found out he had herpes

(( yay 600 lb life is back))

Edited by DNR
More words
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, DNR said:

No Twit he’s not on your level of excitement……duh

her lips look ridiculous.  I hate her Joker  smile and now it looks worse Ew.

she’s too short sweaty American? Shurrrrr leave out the obvious .  And that shrieking personality should be a horrendous shock to LeBlur

LMAO i laughed out loud when Twit said the the family “HE WANTS ME TO COME!!!”   Uhhhhh is she delusional… his reaction sounded like he found out he had herpes

(( yay 600 lb life is back))

She went from wanting to just meet in person to being engaged the second she gets off the plane, really sick way of thinking and building herself up for a disappointment because we all know it is not going to work out.  How can she justify living in a hotel for a month, how is she paying for it? She told her mother that she was going to get her man!? Now he is her man? Oy.

Too American, too sweaty, too, too, much. Just gloss right over the obvious, as in Le Blur not liking her because of her shoes or sweat...right.

Is Heather really going to get her uterus checked to see if she can be a surrogate for Whitney? She should know Whitney will rely on her for all child care if it actually happens.  

I have not seen every episode in past seasons but it seems to me that every time they show Whitney at home I see more pets that I have never seen before.  That poodle looking dog (adorable) but I swear I have never seen that dog before and suddenly there are few more cats, what is going on with that?  

Whitney is filming a lot from her bed, is this new?

How will Whitney convince or motivate someone (of any weight) to stick to a workout plan when she herself does not subscribe to regular workouts?

Jessica is far nicer than she should be with Whitney.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 7

A reminder, this is not a fat shaming site.  There are many things you can criticize about Whitney.  In this episode alone we saw her delusional thinking (Le Blur is the one!), her throwing a remote at Buddy, her overplumped perma-pout, to name a few.  Whitney is, by her own admission, fat.  However, she is also human, and she should be referred to that way.  She is a very large person.  That does not mean that she can be referred to as cargo or in any other dehumanizing way.  

If you have any questions regarding this mod note, PM @PrincessPurrsALot directly.  We do NOT discuss moderator actions in the forums. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Is Heather really going to get her uterus checked to see if she can be a surrogate for Whitney? She should know Whitney will rely on her for all child care if it actually happens.  

Heathers son Eli was the MVP of this episode: 

Eli regarding Heather being surrogate for Twit: “you’re kinda old “ 

🤣😂   😂🤣  😂🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Well I must say I've never lost respect for a reality tv character as quickly as I did for Heather tonight.  First time her kids come on the show and she's got them acting along in the fake baby/surrogacy story line.  It's one thing for her to pretend she's on board until some "doctor" tells her she's too old (or whatever reason), in order to make a buck.  It's another to bring her kids on the show to participate in it.  Shame.

On the other hand - props to TLC for figuring out how to do a fake-boyfriend storyline without it backfiring - never ever show the guy's face, and never let him appear on the show 😆

14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'd bet money that she's not going to France for Le Blur. I think she's going as part of an "influencer" thing. It's a sponsored trip and the whole "going for love" thing is a fake.

Aha!!!  Thanks for this!  Last week I said I couldn't figure out what her game was- I bet you are right.  I do believe she's in a fantasy about this guy falling for her (as I believe she had one about Chase) but actually going there?  This explains it much more - she had to go anyway so she might as well meet up with this guy and let him start falling in love with her 😂

• Love 5

While Rebecca was listing the things she hoped to get by re-entering training- improve breathing, more stamina, more flexibility- all I could think was 'wouldn't it be easier to just lose weight'? How can you look at your poor crushed feet and wonky knees and think 'I just need to get on that Peloton (or whatever) for a few more minutes'? 

Does Whitney just move from bed to bed in her house? The room she was in during the 'hit Buddy and make him bleed' scene had a bright blue bedspread, and was different than the one were she was talking to Pepe Le Blur, which had a pale peach velvet bedspread.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, princelina said:

😆

Aha!!!  Thanks for this!  Last week I said I couldn't figure out what her game was- I bet you are right.  I do believe she's in a fantasy about this guy falling for her (as I believe she had one about Chase) but actually going there?  This explains it much more - she had to go anyway so she might as well meet up with this guy and let him start falling in love with her 😂

Yep! And that could be why she didn't confer with Blur about the dates-she was already going to start with. And, yeah, I totally think she's obsessing over him and that part's true-I just question the reason for the trip. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

How can you look at your poor crushed feet and wonky knees and think 'I just need to get on that Peloton (or whatever) for a few more minutes'? 

Or just eat less or not at all for awhile. I had to do a medically-supervised extended water fast for a digestive illness, and simply lying down and not eating for a month pretty much cures everything. I was in no way overweight in the first place, I was 5'6 and 135 lbs. The body knows what to do if you let it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oh boy… le blue wants her to come? He certainly didn’t sound excited. And how delusional do you have to be to start with the “he’s the one” talks before you’ve even met the guy! 

And what was so funny about Dr. Horowitz? Because she pronounced it like whore? How old are they? 12? 

Heather and this surrogacy nonsense… I hope she told her kids she’s just pretending to do this. And why say anything before you even know if you could do it! It could be years before she actually decides to use those eggs. I hope she’s just saying she made an appt, when in reality she’s just going to tell her oops sorry, doctor said I can’t do it. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JeanJean said:

And then she laughed/screamed/brayed about it! She saw the blood and laughed! That’s just horrible. 

“His forehead is gushing blood somehow and I don’t know how I’ve done it.” Somehow? Throwing a hard-edged object at his head might have something to do with it, you ditz. 

She’s way past self-centeredness and nasty attitude. No paycheck is worth putting up with her. Buddy is a fool for not just walking off the set.

Edited by LeesburgLee
Fixing the quote.
  • Love 11

That gash seriously looked like it could have used a stitch or two, if they could have stopped laughing long enough.

17 minutes ago, Ucross said:

Or just eat less or not at all for awhile. I had to do a medically-supervised extended water fast for a digestive illness, and simply lying down and not eating for a month pretty much cures everything. I was in no way overweight in the first place, I was 5'6 and 135 lbs. The body knows what to do if you let it.

Fasting absolutely works.  That's what EVERYONE on "My 600-Pound Life" should do.  But then everyone would just lose weight, and where is the drama in that???

• Love 2

The best thing about this episode was Rebecca.  If she gets some support for personal goals, then there’s some redeeming value to Whitney’s craziness.

the worst thing was throwing the remote at Buddy.  Second worst was dad’s admission that Whitney’s happiness is her parent’s main concern in life.  I just find that very sad for all of them.  Third worst was dragging the children into the surrogacy talk.

• Love 8

Whitney definitely had a flash of anger when Jessica dared to say that Whit should have asked her first and Jessica knew it and immediately went into apology mode and smoothed it over,,,, GGRRR!!! Just once I’d like one of the barnacles to tell her to F#CK OFF!

and then she assures Jessica in her usual KNOW IT ALL fashion that they’ll still meet their September App Launch date…. Ummm.. it’s November and they just did the launch yesterday! 🙄

Throwing that thing at Buddy and splitting his skin was so horrible I could hardly believe my eyes!!! Who does that?? And then laughs like a jackass!!! My god she’s becoming such a monster! What a BITCH!!… I would have thrown that thing back at her twice as hard!! 😡

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Whitney definitely had a flash of anger when Jessica dared to say that Whit should have asked her first and Jessica knew it and immediately went into apology mode and smoothed it over,,,, GGRRR!!! Just once I’d like one of the barnacles to tell her to F#CK OFF!

and then she assures Jessica in her usual KNOW IT ALL fashion that they’ll still meet their September App Launch date…. Ummm.. it’s November and they just did the launch yesterday! 🙄

Throwing that thing at Buddy and splitting his skin was so horrible I could hardly believe my eyes!!! Who does that?? And then laughs like a jackass!!! My god she’s becoming such a monster! What a BITCH!!… I would have thrown that thing back at her twice as hard!! 😡

Oh how I wish Buddy had done that. Not hitting her but just scaring her enough to realize she was totally out of control/line throwing it at him in the first place.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

That gash seriously looked like it could have used a stitch or two, if they could have stopped laughing long enough.

Fasting absolutely works.  That's what EVERYONE on "My 600-Pound Life" should do.  But then everyone would just lose weight, and where is the drama in that???

It works to lose weight, but not keep it off, especially if you have such disordered eating that you weigh 500 lbs. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Oh how I wish Buddy had done that. Not hitting her but just scaring her enough to realize she was totally out of control/line throwing it at him in the first place.

Exactly and the thing is we teach small children not to throw things because someone can get hurt… that thing hit Buddy’s forehead with enough force to split the skin and cause significant bleeding… what if she hit him in the eye?

She’s an out of control BULLY and they’re all enabling her, even her parents back down rather than call her out on her BS and inappropriate behaviour.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Whitney definitely had a flash of anger when Jessica dared to say that Whit should have asked her first and Jessica knew it and immediately went into apology mode and smoothed it over,,,, GGRRR!!!

The look she gave Jessica, like "how dare you say I should've consulted with you!  Just because now you have to work like an insane person so that I can go on this Le Blur hunt!  I'm following my heart and must be respected!" 

And yikes, that travel outfit of hers.  She looked like a 10-year-old off to summer camp.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

Fasting sometimes is a good way to learn what real hunger is and also to appreciate food as fuel not as entertainment.

It also helps with insulin control and appetite suppression, which makes it easier to eat normally thereafter.

45 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly and the thing is we teach small children not to throw things because someone can get hurt… that thing hit Buddy’s forehead with enough force to split the skin and cause significant bleeding… what if she hit him in the eye?

Or in the mouth?  Back to the emergency dentist!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

She’s an out of control BULLY and they’re all enabling her, even her parents back down rather than call her out on her BS and inappropriate behaviour

After my children, coining the term "Social Barnacles" may be my most enduring legacy.

Whitney is a classic case of someone who was shunned by the "in-groups" in high school and college and, once she gets the least bit of power turns into exactly what she hated when she was young.

I believe that early on Whitney's parents and the Barnacles probably agreed to participate in the show out of pity for her (and in her parents' case, in the hope that she'd at least earn enough money to move out of their house!).  But then they all got sucked in by the money.  It's not a lot in the grand scheme of things.  But, it's a lot in exchange for pretending to kiss Whitney's ass for a few days each year.  None of the Barnacles are financially secure enough to throw away easy money.  That's why I respect people like Will, who decided that no amount of money is worth that humiliation.  

Now Whitney sees that she can treat them like shit and they'll all stick around.  I think the joke is on her, though.  As she probably thinks they're sticking around for her, and not the money.  

• Love 7