Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Bon Voyage, Whitney!

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

TFM: Oh wow, you're really doing it...

Whitney: I was hoping he'd match my level of enthusiasm.

Me: You mean like...show some? Even a tiny bit?

And then she doubled down with "yeah, I didn't book a return ticket."  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

This season begs the question how can anyone stand her?  The look she gave her business partner/friend Jessica when she called her out on not asking her first about pushing off the business was awful.  Almost like how dare you say that to me, my personal needs are more important than you or our business.  I'm the Queen!  Throwing something at Buddy's head and hurting him, awful and obnoxious.  She is just a big bully.  "I'm going to get my man".  A man who makes her happy and she is in love with via phone conversations.  Whitney is beyond annoying.  

• Love 14
On 11/3/2021 at 3:25 PM, LeesburgLee said:

Maybe if the parents left her to deal with being an adult on her own, she might get in some practice, even if it means taking some lumps.

Whitney is in a situation not unlike that of the Teen Moms.  What's going to happen to her once her show ends?  How on earth will she support herself, and how will she manage without the emotional support of her fans?  I have a feeling Glenn sees this, hence his desire to get her married and living a life of her own.  He understands that she has zero marketable talents--whereas Hunter does work on his own, outside of the show (as do the Barnacles, afaik)--what on earth will she do?  She has embraced a glamorous lifestyle, with expensive "vacations" and the opportunity for "apps" but what will happen once the only people who are remotely interested in her are whatever fans she will have left once she's off tv?

Ironically, her app thing with Jessica might have taken off, due to her tv-based name recognition, and provided a means of support.  Her big-girl dance class was successful and might have led to a franchise-type situation that could have supported her.  If she had become a certified fitness instructor, she might have been able to create a career out of that, with fitness classes aimed at overweight women who are afraid to go to the gym--she's had any number of opportunities to create perhaps lucrative long-term businesses but has been unable to follow through on any of them.

She has no work ethic.  I don't know whether she's lazy or having too much fun getting all the free pleasures tv has provided or extremely short-sighted, but she needs to wake up and smell the latte.

• Love 12
On 11/3/2021 at 1:38 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Throwing that thing at Buddy and splitting his skin was so horrible I could hardly believe my eyes!!! Who does that?? And then laughs like a jackass!!! My god she’s becoming such a monster! What a BITCH!!… I would have thrown that thing back at her twice as hard!! 😡

If that had been me she threw the remote at I'd have crushed that remote under my foot and left, I would not have laughed it off. 

We have to remember this is the same girl that thought it was hysterical to throw a mushy banana at her mother, I just do not get her sense of humor, it is worrisome. It seems like someone being uncomfortable makes her laugh, that is some psycho shit.

Has anyone ever really stood up to her? I mean really let loose on her?

Once again my son has talked me in to watching a shit show and between this crap and all the 90 Day stuff it makes me think I should have had him tested when he was young, lol.  I watched an episode a few seasons ago when Whitney was trying on wedding dresses in some boutique, her mother was with her and after she tried on some dresses she went to the show room to sit and talk in her bra and panties, on camera, like in a public place, where a customer could walk in and see her sitting there in her underwear and that is when I exclaimed, "What the fuck is wrong with her?" And now here I am on this page with like minded people, screaming that question at the TV all these seasons later. Sheesh.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
On 11/2/2021 at 6:20 PM, jacksgirl said:

Is it assault or battery?

Assault would be Whitney communicating to Buddy that she’s fixin’ to physically harm him in some way.

Battery is Whitney actually doing it.

She could be charged with domestic violence under NC law.  Even if he didn’t seek medical attention, if his injuries warranted it, the charges would be more serious or enhanced as well.

”I didn’t mean to hurt him” won’t  mean shit.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 11/3/2021 at 5:07 PM, all4mom2 said:

There IS no human body that will remain fat in the absence of eating food...

AHA!!!!  And yet, we have the miracle of Whitney Thore and the whole premise of the show:

She has sobbed many a time as she Whitsplains to viewers that she has a disease that makes it IMPOSSIBLE for her to be height/weight proportionate, no matter her diet or exercise regimen.  On top of THAT she has an eating disorder. She has bloviated on her decision to EMBRACE this horrific diagnosis of lifelong obesity.

She has parlayed her unfortunate circumstances  into BGDC, a book, 9 seasons of MBFFL, NoBS.com, NoBS at Sea Cruises, NoBSActive App, paid partnerships with UnderArmour, Torrid and FabFitFun, sponsoring products on her IG account for Intima menstrual cups and Uncle Bud’s Hemp, NoBS by Snoga clothing line and public speaking engagements.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

She has embraced a glamorous lifestyle, with expensive "vacations" and the opportunity for "apps" but what will happen once the only people who are remotely interested in her are whatever fans she will have left once she's off tv?

She hasn't just embraced the lifestyle. She's embraced the idea that she's so "fabulous" that she's entitled to this lifestyle and everyone around her owes it to her to work to make sure she has and keeps it. Jessica owes it to her to do all the Nobsactive work. The barnacles owe it to her to do whatever she says on the show. Her family owes it to her to suck it up and deal with all of her behavior - anything to keep her happy and money coming in without Whit having to do any work or changing her behavior. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, kicotan said:

Assault would be Whitney communicating to Buddy that she’s fixin’ to physically harm him in some way.

Battery is Whitney actually doing it.

She could be charged with domestic violence under NC law.  Even if he didn’t seek medical attention, if his injuries warranted it, the charges would be more serious or enhanced as well.

”I didn’t mean to hurt him” won’t  mean shit.

About domestic violence: I'm thinking not. It's questionable whether they had the required type of relationship. Buddy was Whitney's tenant, not her partner, and their physical relationship was a one off. She didn't throw the remote with the intention of harming him nor did she make him afraid of her. Plus, there's no pattern of violence.

What Whitney did could have had worse consequences, but didn't. I suspect many of us have been in similar situations. It's stupid, but not evil.

• Love 1

I know why hitting Buddy is technically battery- because she hit him with a remote that uses batteries!!!!!   🤣🤣

Sorry, bad joke.

Anyway, I'm laughing at Heather saying "Hopefully the doctor will give me some good news", while she is no doubt thinking "Hopefully the doctor will tell me no way in hell should I be a surrogate."

Also, no one has commented on the photo shoot- the pics of her with her legs splayed wide open...? 🤢🤮  And why oh why would she wear her hair like Debbie Gibson circa 1987? I saw an IG post recently with her and Jessica, I guess the launch of the app (which, legit congrats on them for doing it), and Jess looked like an oompa-loompa. She was ORANGE!!!!! Girl, lay off the self tanner. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVwA35uDoEj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Someone earlier asked about alternate theories of why Whit might be actually going to France. I'm wondering if she has some crazy medical procedure planned, something they won't (or can't) do in the US. Maybe some questionably legal stomach stapling or something.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Alapaki said:

It’s gone from Whitney claiming that her life is “fabulous” despite her size to Whitney believing her life is fabulous (it isn’t) because of her size. 

And this is why she'll never lose weight or even try to engage in a healthier lifestyle as long as she's on the show and in the spotlight.

32 minutes ago, Emma C said:

Someone earlier asked about alternate theories of why Whit might be actually going to France. I'm wondering if she has some crazy medical procedure planned, something they won't (or can't) do in the US. Maybe some questionably legal stomach stapling or something.

I can almost guarantee you that didn't happen. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Alapaki said:

It’s gone from Whitney claiming that her life is “fabulous” despite her size to Whitney believing her life is fabulous (it isn’t) because of her size. 

Maybe her life isn't, but her bank account is looking better!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

About domestic violence: I'm thinking not. It's questionable whether they had the required type of relationship. Buddy was Whitney's tenant, not her partner, and their physical relationship was a one off. She didn't throw the remote with the intention of harming him nor did she make him afraid of her. Plus, there's no pattern of violence.

According to NC law, the fact they have previously lived together constitutes a “personal relationship”.  Attempting to cause bodily injury, or intentionally causing bodily injury with someone in a personal relationship would hinge on prosecutors convincing jurists that it’s reasonable to assume she was aiming the remote at him and intentionally throwing it, which, unlike a pillow, made him bleed, but could have injured him further had she hit his eye, for example.

I admit I’m just being nit-picky and also know Buddy vs. Whitney lawsuits will never happen.  My guess is they would choose to leave that IN when editing the episode because they want to gloss it over (settling quietly with Buddy) and at the same time, stir shit up.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kicotan said:

According to NC law, the fact they have previously lived together constitutes a “personal relationship”.  Attempting to cause bodily injury, or intentionally causing bodily injury with someone in a personal relationship would hinge on prosecutors convincing jurists that it’s reasonable to assume she was aiming the remote at him and intentionally throwing it, which, unlike a pillow, made him bleed, but could have injured him further had she hit his eye, for example.

I admit I’m just being nit-picky and also know Buddy vs. Whitney lawsuits will never happen.  My guess is they would choose to leave that IN when editing the episode because they want to gloss it over (settling quietly with Buddy) and at the same time, stir shit up.

Buddy was a tenant, with a lease and everything. They were living in the same house, but not in the living together sense this law requires. The law also specifies intentionality and it's clear from the video that Whitney didn't intend to hurt or threaten Buddy. Buddy and Whitney were two friends having fun and an ill conceived action went awry. That is nowhere near the level of repeated controlling and abusive behavior that is domestic violence. I'm not here to win an argument, just to point this out.

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Maximadc said:

I’m not sure she is able to walk 10min on a treadmill 

no way she could last that long,now if she was to lie down on the treadmill she might make 10 min before she got hungry and had to get up.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Whit had no intention of injuring Buddy, but it is usually kids that toss things at other kids. What bothered me the most was how unapologetic she was. She couldn't even get out of her sloth position to say "I'm sorry" and get him a towel and a bag of ice. She's just an awful person.

• Love 12

I've been in the hospital for the last week so I haven't had a chance to watch this shit show yet.  Mini Persnickety gave me a recap, though.

I am hoping beyond hope that after that incredibly rude and nasty "Ask Me Anything" she did and the fact that viewers uncovered her "relationship" with a French man was bullshit that "Bon Voyage, Whitney" means to the SHOW, not just this SEASON.  

There is no way anyone in an alleged happy relationship would have been in the mood that she-beast was in when she did that "Ask Me Anything."  I thought maybe she was actively trying to get TLC to fire her.

Then it occurred to me that maybe they already have.  

(All just speculation - and wishful thinking - on my part, I have no clue as to the status of this dumpster fire.  I just can't believe TLC will keep slogging her ass along when she shit all over her own "fertility/egg retrieval" plot line that was driving this season while the season was still fucking airing.  Crazy.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Look, I wouldn't care at ALL if my trainer was overweight. I DO, however, expect my personal trainer to have a basic level of fitness and mobility. I'm a lazy enough fucker as it is, I don't need a trainer who spends 80% of their time in bed and needs someone else to the their shoes.

• Love 14

There is no way anyone in an alleged happy relationship would have been in the mood that she-beast was in when she did that "Ask Me Anything."  I thought maybe she was actively trying to get TLC to fire her.

Not to defend Whitney but I'm in a tremendously happy relationship with a man I love and sometimes I'm downright ornery. He's a guy, not a mood stabilizer.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Look, I wouldn't care at ALL if my trainer was overweight. I DO, however, expect my personal trainer to have a basic level of fitness and mobility. I'm a lazy enough fucker as it is, I don't need a trainer who spends 80% of their time in bed and needs someone else to the their shoes.

Absolutely, I mean who wants to have to motivate their trainer!

Why if she wanted to train or teach people for a healthy body wouldn't she stick with dance/aerobics?  Didn't she have a dance studio at some point? 

• Love 4

Why if she wanted to train or teach people for a healthy body wouldn't she stick with dance/aerobics?  Didn't she have a dance studio at some point? 

I don't think so, apart from the studio she built in her garage.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Absolutely, I mean who wants to have to motivate their trainer!

She didn't have a studio.  She had the (fake) "Big Girl Dance Club" that she ran from an existing dance studio in Gboro.

• Useful 2
23 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I would care - I want motivation in form of a great body that I'd like to have one day.  I'm not working out to continue looking like myself 😄. That being said - I can see where someone like the girl she trained, who hadn't been to a gym for several years, and can barely do 10 minutes on the treadmill, might feel comfortable starting out with Whitney.  But if I were in her shoes I think that once I got used to the gym, the equipment and other people I'd still prefer a trainer who was actually fit!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I would care - I want motivation in form of a great body that I'd like to have one day.  I'm not working out to continue looking like myself 😄. That being said - I can see where someone like the girl she trained, who hadn't been to a gym for several years, and can barely do 10 minutes on the treadmill, might feel comfortable starting out with Whitney.  But if I were in her shoes I think that once I got used to the gym, the equipment and other people I'd still prefer a trainer who was actually fit!

Same here… I’d be thinking if you can’t motivate yourself how can you possibly motivate me?

when I look at someone like Jessica I think “wow she’s in great shape, she obviously knows what it takes to get there and could teach me how to get there too” 

I’d think the opposite of Whitney like “why aren’t you fit? Don’t you know how to get there?”

I wouldn’t have any confidence in Whitney’s education, abilities or dedication….
It’s like living next door to a plumber and his pipes are always clogged and his toilets are all over flowing, no way am I hiring him because either he doesn’t know how to fix the problems or he does know and he’s too damn lazy to do the work.

• Love 7
On 11/7/2021 at 1:47 AM, mamadrama said:

This is the crux of why NOBS Active will fail as miserably as every other enterprise that Whitney has attempted. The majority of people that would be interested in a program like this are people in very poor physical condition that need a lot of inspiration and trainers who are really knowledgeable about how to break down exercises so that people of any fitness level can do them. They're going to have clients with varying of mobility issues and will need for them to show how exercises can be done safely and effectively. That does not mean Whitney just sitting in the background, flapping her arms and squawking like a demented turkey.

Jessica at least has an idea of how to exercise, but crossfit in her specialty so I don't think that she has the knowledge base either to handle the kind of clients that Whitney will attract. Ryan, at least, knew what he was doing and did the vast majority of the work but he spent half the time fighting Whitney's ego and then her bruised feelings because she wasn't able to separate her personal and business interests. I'm curious to see what the actual subscription numbers are at launch and where they are in three months. I'm expecting a catastrophic drop off when it's obvious that neither of them know what they hell they're doing.

• Love 9

Here's a question for my fellow posters who are more well versed in the area of personal training than I am.  

Since Whitney is not certified and didn't even complete the course, would Will be able to hire her as a personal trainer?  I'm wondering about his liability if one of her clients were to be injured in some way and resulted in a lawsuit.

I have no idea if being certified is a requirement to be hired as a personal trainer for a gym, but I'm sure one of you knows.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Here's a question for my fellow posters who are more well versed in the area of personal training than I am.  

Since Whitney is not certified and didn't even complete the course, would Will be able to hire her as a personal trainer?  I'm wondering about his liability if one of her clients were to be injured in some way and resulted in a lawsuit.

I have no idea if being certified is a requirement to be hired as a personal trainer for a gym, but I'm sure one of you knows.  

It depends on the gym. Someone like Will who has a small local gym can set whatever requirements they want.  Most large gyms require certification. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Ryan, at least, knew what he was doing and did the vast majority of the work but he spent half the time fighting Whitney's ego and then her bruised feelings because she wasn't able to separate her personal and business interests. I'm curious to see what the actual subscription numbers are at launch and where they are in three months. I'm expecting a catastrophic drop off when it's obvious that neither of them know what they hell they're doing.

Ryan definitely took the whole thing seriously. He also had the work ethic and seems to have successfully spawned a business without the albatross that is Whitney. Of course it's not possible to really know how successful Ryan's business is but on SM he has regular posts of customers with photos of improved bodies or goals met. NoBS under Whit/Jess never has any of that stuff. It seems to be a priority for him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I’m not a personal trainer but I am a lawyer. The answer depends on whether Whitney is considered a employee of the gym or an independent contractor. That’s very fact specific and would require lots of speculation at this point.

Ultimately, we’ve only seen Whitney pretend to be a personal trainer for a fellow cast member as part of the script in something that is no doubt covered by a shitload of TLC waivers. 

As far as Whitney and motivation, I think what overweight people need/want is a role model who shows that you don’t have to look like Jessica or Will or Ryan to have a good degree of fitness and health. 

Whitney Is NOT that. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

As far as Whitney and motivation, I think what overweight people need/want is a role model who shows that you don’t have to look like Jessica or Will or Ryan to have a good degree of fitness and health. 

Whitney Is NOT that. 

Whitney is kind of the anti-fit role model. There's this inherent paradox in what she claims she wants to do/be. In my years as a competitive dancer, I worked with a lot of personal trainers. One thing they all had in common was that they put a lot of energy into their clients - demonstrating, doing exercises alongside them, spotting, setting up and breaking down exercise stations, cheering them on (including motivation of the "move yer ass, cookie" type). If you put out that kind of energy for multiple hours a day, then even if you started out as a fat and out of shape personal trainer, you are not going to remain a fat and out of shape trainer for long, unless you are going out of your way to stay that way. (Or you don't understand your job and think all you need to do is sit around mis-counting the number of reps your client  has done, and munching on power bars.)

I admit I am pissed at Will. He started out as the Voice of Truth and now he's just another enabler. :(

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I’m not a personal trainer but I am a lawyer. The answer depends on whether Whitney is considered a employee of the gym or an independent contractor. That’s very fact specific and would require lots of speculation at this point.

I'm not sure what the laws in SC have to say about it, but even if Whitney works out of Will's gym as an independent contractor, I suspect that if someone that she's training gets injured that there would still be some liability issues. Whitney is using his facilities and his equipment and the question would be if she's acting as an "agent" of the premises. If Will gives Whitney permission to use his facilities to train clients and someone is injured due to Whitney's incompetency, I suspect that Will would be sued as he allowed an unqualified trainer to work out of his business.

Obviously, these kind of lawsuits are difficult to wage and the question would be if there was an inherent risk that went beyond what the client should be expected to assume. For example, it's expected that injuries could happen. A weight could fall on your during a lift, for example. But if equipment isn't properly maintained? That's a whole other issue. If Whitney presents herself as a representative of the gym, and there is no clear separation made between Whitney's training and the gym as a completely separate business entity that Whitney is paying to use the facilities of, there would be a possibility of the gym being named in any potential lawsuit. The thing that would likely protect Will legally would be Whitney getting certification, which would indicate that she would have satisfied a basic level of training. That way, he could argue that he had every expectation that Whitney would know safe practices and would not be endangering clients. Even if ultimately Will wasn't found legally liable, it could still  be devastating for his business. Just the damage to his reputation - that he was operating an unsafe facility where unqualified trainers were allowed to coach clients - could end up closing his doors.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I don't believe Will intends to give her a job anyway.  All she's done is show off under his supervision with a woman who I'm sure signed a waiver.  Maybe TLC $$ is buying Will a new treadmill or something.  I'm sure he has no desire to hire her, but he even said himself this season that he doesn't believe she'll ever get finished with her certification, so he won't even have to be mean about it to her 😄

• Love 7
On 11/7/2021 at 1:10 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I am hoping beyond hope that after that incredibly rude and nasty "Ask Me Anything" she did and the fact that viewers uncovered her "relationship" with a French man was bullshit that "Bon Voyage, Whitney" means to the SHOW, not just this SEASON.  

I am not familiar at all with this AMA that she did.  Where was it and how do we get sort of a summary of what was asked/answered?

52 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I am not familiar at all with this AMA that she did.  Where was it and how do we get sort of a summary of what was asked/answered?

It was done on Instagram and I think it was in the LIVE section where they disappear after 24 hours.

If you go to page 283 in the “Social Media: What the fuck is wrong with her?” thread a few of us posted about it there.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I don't believe Will intends to give her a job anyway.  All she's done is show off under his supervision with a woman who I'm sure signed a waiver.  Maybe TLC $$ is buying Will a new treadmill or something.  I'm sure he has no desire to hire her, but he even said himself this season that he doesn't believe she'll ever get finished with her certification, so he won't even have to be mean about it to her 😄

I'd have paid good money to see him go search around in her car for fast food wrappers and empty Starbucks cups again.  😂

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

. My guess is that she just doesn't want to go through the headaches of actually being pregnant and going through labor - she just wants the kid.

I'm sticking with she doesn't even want the kid - she just needs a story for her show.  When you have that much trouble getting Fake Boyfriend to play along you need other things going on 😄

Edited by princelina
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

What I don't get is why Whitney would need a surrogate in the first place if they are able to collect viable eggs and then she has the zygotes implanted. Unless she's got a history of spontaneous abortions, we've got no real medical reason (outside of her weight) that would prevent her from carrying to term. 

I really doubt any legit fertility clinic would agree to implant them in her at her weight. It's a big risk medically, and combined with her age and PCOS also very likely to fail which would hurt a facility's success rate. Most places have BMI cut offs around 30 or 35, and even at her reported 320 lbs, that's a BMI of 58.5, nearly double. No clinic wants to take those odds.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

On what planet is it professional to call your client “bitch??” As a new client, I would have walked out of that gym so fast if my trainer had called me that. I would seriously be questioning the validity of the business. I know a lot of people wouldn’t mind, but at least act professional when you are under scrutiny AND working with a new client. SMH 🤦🏽‍♀️ 

• Love 7
On 11/3/2021 at 7:58 AM, Me from ME said:

Fasting sometimes is a good way to learn what real hunger is and also to appreciate food as fuel not as entertainment.

I tend to agree with this, but it’s not for everyone. Humans survived like this for thousands of years and it’s almost natural to do it. It does let a person understand what real hunger is, if they’ve never experienced it.

I love intermittent fasting—even though I also have a history of anorexia. My relationship with food has changed significantly, which is how it can work for me. I don’t binge eat when hungry and instead savor whatever it is (right now it’s carrot soup). 

With Whitney, I doubt intermittent fasting would work unless it became her lifestyle. She’d have to develop a different mindset and the first thing she needs to do is admit she’s a food addict. Whitney is full of excuses—it’s PCOS (which I also have), an eating disorder (which I also have), or this or that preventing her from tackling her food issues. 

• Love 3
On 11/4/2021 at 11:52 PM, auntjess said:

That would scare the hell out of me.  

Hah! All I could think when reading that is, France is a big country. Surely he knows the terrain better than Whit. And he can outrun her!

• LOL 3