Type keyword(s) to search

Lawson and Tiffany: Warbling His Way Into Her Heart

• Start Topic

Those are the most dull wedding photos I've seen.  What's with the weird poses?  A couple were just okay, the rest, weird.   He looks afraid to kiss her, big surprise.  She's smiling like a fool trying to overcompensate for his robotic dumbass. 

That dress is lulz for sure.  Could the neckline be any higher?  I know she had to make it that way for his family, but ick, that's bad.  Chalk it up to one of the many changes she is going to have to make as the newest Bates member. 

Agree, that boat was underwhelming.  Not the sleek yacht I was expecting. 

I could have made that cross.  They make it sound like it is such craftsmanship.  Ha!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Those are the most dull wedding photos I've seen.  What's with the weird poses?  A couple were just okay, the rest, weird.   He looks afraid to kiss her, big surprise.  She's smiling like a fool trying to overcompensate for his robotic dumbass. 

That dress is lulz for sure.  Could the neckline be any higher?  I know she had to make it that way for his family, but ick, that's bad.  Chalk it up to one of the many changes she is going to have to make as the newest Bates member. 

Agree, that boat was underwhelming.  Not the sleek yacht I was expecting. 

I could have made that cross.  They make it sound like it is such craftsmanship.  Ha!

The boat and wedding were underwhelming. I really expected more especially from Lawson. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

The boat and wedding were underwhelming. I really expected more especially from Lawson. 

Lawson (nor UP) was not footing the bill. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

True but Tiffany and her family were. I figured he would still try to find a way to convince Tiffany to go big. 

Since her parents co-signed the mortgage and perhaps helped with the down payment that didn’t leave as much for the wedding. I still can’t get over the fact that Tiffany will be paying for Lawson’s Peter Pan lifestyle. What a worthless headship. The Bates guys are good looking but absolute losers. I don’t see the chemistry between those two. JD and Abbie were sizzling on their wedding day compared to Ken and Barbie on the not so a yacht.

• Love 9

That "neckline" was almost under her nose and the dress is a Miss Renee failure, sorry. She could have picked a better dress.

Lawson looks like someone had a gun against his back- his smile does not look convincing and his "losing" his shoes and shirt screams that he wants it to stop. Unless he's just a big dumbass and that could be it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Such awkward photos, absolutely cringe worthy. I've seen 12 year old boys who look like this around girls but not a 29 year old man. He looks like he doesn't want to look at her let alone kiss her.  I sure hope Tiffany knows what she signed on for.  Compare these with  Katie and Travis's photos where those 2 youngsters actually looked excited to be married and allowed to kiss and hug each other. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Someone posted a bunch of wedding photos on Reddit and Lawson looks like a guy whose parents forced him to take his cousin to the prom. This might get the award for most awkward kiss ever:

Screenshot_20220514-070521_(1).thumb.png.f34437395e0a0b882b1f66e36dec410f.png

When I saw that picture I thought it looked like two kids reluctant to kiss as instructed. Oh Tiff, you could have done so much better. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, SMama said:

When I saw that picture I thought it looked like two kids reluctant to kiss as instructed. Oh Tiff, you could have done so much better. 

I thought that when I saw a clip of the wedding vid and first kiss (I think). It was so awkward and short and passionless. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

This might get the award for most awkward kiss ever:

Don't you just love getting kissed on the upper lip, almost nose?  No?  Me neither.  

Here I thought since they practically live together that they would have been kissing by now.  After seeing the photos, I'm thinking nope.  Not to be too crude, but if he doesn't want to kiss her, there's probably lots of other stuff he won't do either.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I thought that when I saw a clip of the wedding vid and first kiss (I think). It was so awkward and short and passionless. 

I saw that on Carlin's stories and I agree. I also thought Tiff looked annoyed when she was walking down the aisle. Maybe she had pre-ceremony issues with her dress or something and it threw her off, but she didn't look happy at all. They also walked into the reception like colleagues entering a sales convention. I didn't get the sense that either of them were thrilled to finally be married. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
Just now, So unbelievable said:

Don't you just love getting kissed on the upper lip, almost nose?  No?  Me neither.  

Here I thought since they practically live together that they would have been kissing by now.  After seeing the photos, I'm thinking nope.  Not to be too crude, but if he doesn't want to kiss her, there's probably lots of other stuff he won't do either.  

I thought for sure they would've at least kissed and done other stuff short of intercourse, but damn, looks like we were wrong. The way Lawson is pooching out his lips in that picture gives the impression he's trying to keep as much distance from her as possible. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

I honestly never got the impression that he was really in love with her, and this is just a marriage of convenience.

If I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, I would say that a first kiss is awkward enough without having an audience.  

But honestly I am not sensing any real passion.  

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The way Lawson is pooching out his lips in that picture gives the impression he's trying to keep as much distance from her as possible. 

Right.  There's also a few pics where his body is just weird.  Like he doesn't want their bathing suit areas to touch, even when clothed ha ha.  Kind of weird to hug and not have body contact.  Both are just so bizarre.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I honestly never got the impression that he was really in love with her, and this is just a marriage of convenience.

If I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, I would say that a first kiss is awkward enough without having an audience.  

But honestly I am not sensing any real passion.  

Neither did I. How Tiffany doesn't see it I don't know. 

• Love 1

I have a hunch they may have kissed before and Lawson had a 'reaction' so he was afraid to really kiss at the alter. I mean who wants to walk back down the aisle sporting a chubby.

Poor Lawson trying to keep his hair fresh and the dance out of his pants. Its a wonder he made it through the day.

Surprised, but not surprised this Fundy wedding ended up being Dollar Store elegant. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

I've seen comments that Tiffany's dress was too sexy for the Bates parents.  I really don't see that.  She looks like a child--no dress would look sexy on her!!!

She is as thin as the Rodrigues kids but no one says her parents are starving her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

She is as thin as the Rodrigues kids but no one says her parents are starving her. 

For one Tiff's not a kid depending on her parents for food, and two, she doesn't look unhealthy.

I like her dress, however it fit so poorly. I can see how a Fundy could be offended by the slit and Tiff didn't miss a chance at shoving her leg out there. 🤣 But overall, I think it was a good choice if Tiff was trying to play it down the middle.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

They actually went one week without any social media.  Hard to believe.  

An intrepid poster on FJ picked up on  cues about the honeymoon destination when Lawson took Tiff out to dinner to reveal the location. It's thought that they are in Greece.

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I saw this on Reddit. Brief clip of Lawson's "concert." He's singing Crazy Love with Tiffany. I'll admit, TiffyPics isn't half bad, but Lawson is awful. He's off key and flat from the first note.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/comments/v4hb00/tiffany_singing_along_with_lawson/

His singing is so bad that it almost seems like a parody.  Which is cannot be because Lawson has no idea what a parody is.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I saw this on Reddit. Brief clip of Lawson's "concert." He's singing Crazy Love with Tiffany. I'll admit, TiffyPics isn't half bad, but Lawson is awful. He's off key and flat from the first note.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/comments/v4hb00/tiffany_singing_along_with_lawson/

I can't understand how these musicians want to be associated with him.  Guess a gig is a gig as long as they get paid.  

Tiffany ain't half bad, which means she's hardly half good. 

• LOL 6

The newlyweds went to see Maverick last night (?). I’ve never seen a couple fresh from their honeymoon have such a lack of chemistry. Fundie newlyweds are particularly annoying because they go from hand holding to wives sitting on their husband’s lap overnight. Then there’s more hand sex and constant kissing.  Tiffany was an afterthought to Lawson, he was just primping for the camera. Poor girl was pumping him up with compliments but he didn’t even have his arm around her. Those two are so mismatched, no chemistry. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
On 5/31/2022 at 7:50 PM, sheshark said:

Homefooling failure: spelling and math. I guess he never saw the movie, "Oklahoma, OK"!

Did Lawson write it, or did Oflawson? I don't get the impression that either one has any more sense than a rabbit. 

• LOL 4

They walked in and out of the movies as if they are platonic friends or coworkers, not newlywed husband and wife?? She's going on and on with compliments [Lawson can do everything Tom Cruise can do but better - uh - delusional and/or sucking up much??] and at one point Law exits without even holding it the door open for Tiff for a second. It nearly slams on his 100 lb wife??? WTF? I know he didn't want to mess up his camera shot by letting her go ahead of him, but my god you can extend an arm to hold the door open behind you for a second until she gets there.

Their road trip from Cali to Tenn was similarly unenthusiastic. They don't have the vibe of people who are just recently having sex and thus sooo in love with each other physically. She seems like she WANTS to be that person, despite the fact that she was seriously depressed when they crossed into Tenn. and was like - uh I haven't accepted I live HERE yet. Yet despite that she seems like someone who WANTS to be excited about her newlywed husband and have him feel the same way.

He acts like this is some kind of business arrangement. Even the other day, she shows the house and it's a giant mess and she says that she's been unpacking the kitchen and breaking down boxes all day. Dude is in the background on his computer paying no attention to her. I know fundie men don't help their wives, but at this stage - I think they do bc they see it as - if I help and we get this done faster, more time to screw around - let's hurry up and do this. 

Even the ugliest fundie men with zero personality seemed THRILLED to be newlyweds [Nathan; JD Duggar]. Law legit seems like he does not want to be married, sex or not.

• Like 4
  • Sad 8
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, cereality said:

They walked in and out of the movies as if they are platonic friends or coworkers, not newlywed husband and wife?? She's going on and on with compliments [Lawson can do everything Tom Cruise can do but better - uh - delusional and/or sucking up much??] and at one point Law exits without even holding it the door open for Tiff for a second. It nearly slams on his 100 lb wife??? WTF? I know he didn't want to mess up his camera shot by letting her go ahead of him, but my god you can extend an arm to hold the door open behind you for a second until she gets there.

Their road trip from Cali to Tenn was similarly unenthusiastic. They don't have the vibe of people who are just recently having sex and thus sooo in love with each other physically. She seems like she WANTS to be that person, despite the fact that she was seriously depressed when they crossed into Tenn. and was like - uh I haven't accepted I live HERE yet. Yet despite that she seems like someone who WANTS to be excited about her newlywed husband and have him feel the same way.

He acts like this is some kind of business arrangement. Even the other day, she shows the house and it's a giant mess and she says that she's been unpacking the kitchen and breaking down boxes all day. Dude is in the background on his computer paying no attention to her. I know fundie men don't help their wives, but at this stage - I think they do bc they see it as - if I help and we get this done faster, more time to screw around - let's hurry up and do this. 

Even the ugliest fundie men with zero personality seemed THRILLED to be newlyweds [Nathan; JD Duggar]. Law legit seems like he does not want to be married, sex or not.

I feel sorry for Tiffany. I think she's in for a rude awakening with Prince Lawson and with Tennessee in general. The Bateses might be fine with having an Asian-American daughter-in-law, but speaking from experience with relatives in that area and from living in small town Deep South -- some people will not. 

• Sad 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I wouldn’t be surprise if he starts to look more and more like Nathan in the next year with how he looks now. 
I wouldn’t be surprised, or at least as surprised if these two ended up divorced out of the Bates couples. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wouldn’t be surprise if he starts to look more and more like Nathan in the next year with how he looks now. 
I wouldn’t be surprised, or at least as surprised if these two ended up divorced out of the Bates couples. 

Lawson is too vain to get fat like Nathan. Nathan and Zach favor Gil, all are husky guys and will never be thin. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, SMama said:

The newlyweds went to see Maverick last night (?). I’ve never seen a couple fresh from their honeymoon have such a lack of chemistry. Fundie newlyweds are particularly annoying because they go from hand holding to wives sitting on their husband’s lap overnight. Then there’s more hand sex and constant kissing.  Tiffany was an afterthought to Lawson, he was just primping for the camera. Poor girl was pumping him up with compliments but he didn’t even have his arm around her. Those two are so mismatched, no chemistry. 

A part of me does feel sorry for Tiffany but another part don’t, I mean surely she’s been around him long enough to know what he’s like. 

• Sad 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Lawson is too vain to get fat like Nathan. Nathan and Zach favor Gil, all are husky guys and will never be thin. 

I'd love to see Lawson hoist with his own petard, though. Let's send him some brownies. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I wonder if maybe Tiffany thought after they got married he would be more - I want to say affectionate but that's not the word either - in public.  Now she is beginning to realize that Lawson is all about Lawson whether they  are going to the movies or driving across the country.  I just hope Tiff has enough "real life" experience that sooner rather than later she will realize that she doesn't have to put up with this. She does have prior work experience and can support herself if she needs to.  Hopefully she won't get pregnant quickly.  

• Like 4
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I wonder if maybe Tiffany thought after they got married he would be more - I want to say affectionate but that's not the word either - in public.  Now she is beginning to realize that Lawson is all about Lawson whether they  are going to the movies or driving across the country.  I just hope Tiff has enough "real life" experience that sooner rather than later she will realize that she doesn't have to put up with this. She does have prior work experience and can support herself if she needs to.  Hopefully she won't get pregnant quickly.  

At some level, I think Tiff bought into the Bates' BS if only to "justify" how Law was with her when dating. If a nearly 30 year old man isn't hugging or kissing me or wanting to sit real close or anything, oh it's bc RELIGION, he's SUCH a Godly man. Whereas it's like come on, any nearly 30 yr old man whether they have religious parents or not, when they are away from their parents - they are going to kiss and hug and show some kind of physical affection towards you, even if you guys don't believe in sex before marriage. And BTW they are also going to look at you and let you speak, rather than constantly smiling at themselves in the camera.

At the wedding and now, she may actually be realizing the shocking truth that he just isn't into her [or having a wife? or girls altogether - unclear]. I mean the kisses at the wedding were just awkward. Maybe you can chalk it up to well he isn't used to kissing with people gawking, but really has Law ever been shy? And even given the benefit of the doubt if it was that he was trying to be "respectful" in front of his and her parents, sorry but the pics they took by themselves after the wedding - in front of that famous San Diego statue - were the dead giveaway that he's not into her. You're married now, alone with your photographer, about to head back to the hotel presumably to get it on - and you kiss by sticking your lips out and craning your neck as far as possible bc you don't want your body up against hers? Dude something's not right.

Fundie wives normally are able to twist themselves into pretzels to not see the truth [see Anna Duggar; whoever David Waller's wife is etc.]. But Tiff isn't fundie. Sure she grew up religious but she also grew up in a very secular Hollywood world. She has seen how boyfriends and gfs act if they like each other from like high school onwards.

Law is so vain, does he even realize that if any Bates marriage ends in divorce, it's most likely to be HIS? The other couples either are too fundie to ever divorce or genuinely happy/in love. Tiff OTOH is not a fundie and if she gets the sense that they are not falling in love, even after marriage when anything is allowed - I could see her ultimately deciding she won't live in a loveless marriage where he ain't even the provider. Marrying at 21 + having 1-2 babies + then divorcing when you realize that you hardly knew yourself or him when you married/he's a loser = practically a tradition in many religious places esp in the bible belt. It's all about sex so they marry young, divorce, and then marry for real and start your life in your 30s. Though hopefully for Tiff, she leaves before babies OR makes him move to Cali before having his babies so HE is the one who then has to live in Cali for 18 yrs for shared custody or he can abandon his kids; would hate for her to be stuck in Tenn for 2 decades.

• Like 6
  • Love 6

So Tiffy is already on Instagram shilling pillowcases! Didn’t take long for her to become a true Bates influencer. She also posted a bookshelf she put together backwards. I guess Law came to the rescue and fixed. I was happy to see actual books on the shelf, but on closer look, it’s a lot of Bibles.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, ozziemom said:

So Tiffy is already on Instagram shilling pillowcases! Didn’t take long for her to become a true Bates influencer. She also posted a bookshelf she put together backwards. I guess Law came to the rescue and fixed. I was happy to see actual books on the shelf, but on closer look, it’s a lot of Bibles.

Probably going to be doing a lot of praying for a better husband. 

• LOL 5