Type keyword(s) to search

Lawson and Tiffany: Warbling His Way Into Her Heart

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, floridamom said:

They don't get medical information right because they don't pay attention and they don't know what questions to ask the medical staff.

I don't know what test she was supposed to have done, but, in these days of electronic medical records, there is no way she didn't have access to pre-procedure instructions including the need to stay NPO for a length of time beforehand.  Most likely, she ignored the information or didn't read it in the first place.

I think most of these fundies are just not very good at critical thinking and don't bother to read instructions because they've somehow become convinced that they are not only better than everyone else, they are smarter, too.  Meanwhile, I think most of us regular people try to do it right in the first place so as not to have to reschedule things.

Is this testing for her fainting spell?  It was probably just blood work, they probably wanted to check a fasting blood sugar.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Why bother with doctors if they refuse to listen to them? Instructing someone to fast for 10 hours before blood work is routine. Granted, they're young and might have never had blood work done before. But that would make me listen MORE CLOSELY for important information. 

As I said before, horrible listeners. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5

These people are young but they are not that young - she's 23, he's 30. Have they never heard of fasting blood work before? Sure she's young but by 23 most people who've had medical care - which I'm betting Tiff has - have had blood work once or twice or are at least aware of the concept that there are fasting blood tests like for blood sugar. 

And yeah the person scheduling the appointment likely directly told her to fast + suggested something like - you need a morning appt bc we need to take blood and don't want to make you wait all day to eat.

I feel like these fundies are so self absorbed too. You know they showed up, the nurse confirmed Tiff was fasting, and oh oopsie no ok NBD just give me another appt, preferably today, I don't want to wait weeks to be rescheduled. It's the same way Carlin and Evan sauntered into the cardiologist an hr late and just expected to be accommodated or went to the neurologist with 2 screaming children and fully expected to be taken care of quicker. And I'm sure they have ZERO awareness that the reason that they are accommodated with same day re-scheduling or being seen an hr late is bc they are young white couples [or half white] . . . . Not to be rude but a guarantee you a person of color not arriving with her young white husband or an older person would not be accommodated as easily anywhere and certainly not in Knoxville.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I wonder if this is going to turn into another medical mystery that drags on for months and months with no diagnosis. 

She probably has low blood sugar or low BP. Either could cause fainting. They were probably hoping for a pregnancy test. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Tiffany is cooking soup daily and as much as I like a good soup it sounds like a recipe for an upset stomach. It does look like Tiffany enjoys cooking and knows her way around the kitchen. That must be so weird for Lawson. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Tiffany is cooking soup daily and as much as I like a good soup it sounds like a recipe for an upset stomach. It does look like Tiffany enjoys cooking and knows her way around the kitchen. That must be so weird for Lawson. 

Wait, soup isn't good for that?  Our go-to is chicken soup made from scratch.  Taught daughter in law and it is their family's "cure-all"

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Wait, soup isn't good for that?  Our go-to is chicken soup made from scratch.  Taught daughter in law and it is their family's "cure-all"

I was referring to the effect on BMs. 🤗

They've been teasing baby fever for a while now, so it wouldn't surprise me. On the downside, I'm not sure that's the best plan. I know Tiffany is bored and lonely, but a pregnancy might leave her feeling more isolated than ever. She has no real friends or family in Nashville, her husband's a man-child narcissist and good luck getting support from the Bates. Sure, they'll show up to stuff their faces at the baby shower, but it's not going to be a shared experience. The women in their family are so insular, and with Katie and Alyssa giving birth soon, any announcement from Tiffany will be quickly forgotten. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They've been teasing baby fever for a while now, so it wouldn't surprise me. On the downside, I'm not sure that's the best plan. I know Tiffany is bored and lonely, but a pregnancy might leave her feeling more isolated than ever. She has no real friends or family in Nashville, her husband's a man-child narcissist and good luck getting support from the Bates. Sure, they'll show up to stuff their faces at the baby shower, but it's not going to be a shared experience. The women in their family are so insular, and with Katie and Alyssa giving birth soon, any announcement from Tiffany will be quickly forgotten. 

Agreed. I hope she isn't pregnant but I am betting she is. IDK she's had a lot of side references to being a mom lately too -- i.e. I need to know how to cook this bc it's good for a mom to know for her family.

I'm hoping she isn't pregnant bc that means she really is stuck with man child, won't earn a living Lawson for life. She's only evangelical not fundie, they do divorce - quite often actually. She very clearly isn't happy with life in Tenn and Law appears not to be into her for whatever reasons [some say it's bc he is a narcissist who can't love anyone else, my feeling more and more is that he can't love a woman - ahem]. I mean it seems like her parents visit for weeks at a time and she and Law then go back to CA for weeks - it seems like that parental support is all that is keeping her going on this marriage. She's like 22-23. Without a baby she could come to her senses at some point and realize this loveless marriage into a racist family isn't for her and bolt. With a child it's harder/next to impossible bc then she's got guilt for breaking up a family, a court order that could keep her in Tenn. for the next 18 yrs if Law doesn't agree to have his child live across the country.

But OTOH I think Law is very much like Kelly - shrewd. On top of needing a child bc he's 30 w/ no child, I could also see him being like - eh a kid will cure her of her boredom in Tenn + "solidify" this marriage so it won't matter then if she's happy or not.

And I shudder to think of how an half Asian grandkid/cousin is treated in this family. I mean thru pregnancy the sisters will ignore her as they do already, but after the kid is here - yeah I can kind of see that kid being ignored or talked down to at Christmas and I Love You Day while the other kids are doted on. I guess the test will be Michaela - does she love ALL CHILDREN the same and will she flock to Lawson's half Asian kid the way she does to Willow and Hazel [though my bet is Michaela will - I mean she even seems to maintain relationships with Kelly's black sisters outside of the entire family's involvement - but it'll be G&K, Whit, Carlin, Josie, Alyssa etc. that'll turn their nose up at the kid].

• Like 4
  • Sad 8
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I scooted through their latest YouTube...are these two moving to California?

No, it was a big tease and their fans are NOT happy. The comment section is an absolute shit show. People are tired of them dangling big announcements only to drop the subject and never follow through with updates. 

You'd think someone with an entertainment background would be good at producing content, but Tiffany is horrible at it. I don't know if it's the lack of chemistry or the fact that she and Lawson have nothing going on, but their channel is arguably the worst of the Bates' social media offerings and that's saying something. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

You'd think someone with an entertainment background would be good at producing content, but Tiffany is horrible at it. I don't know if it's the lack of chemistry or the fact that she and Lawson have nothing going on, but their channel is arguably the worst of the Bates' social media offerings and that's saying something. 

I wouldn't think that. Tiffany is an actress, her job is to perform someone else's vision. She isn't also writing scripts and directing. They would do better if they leaned into Tiffany's role as an actress, kind of like Gabby Barrett and Cade Whoeverheis. Even if she just stuck to commercials it would give them content.

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I wouldn't think that. Tiffany is an actress, her job is to perform someone else's vision. She isn't also writing scripts and directing. They would do better if they leaned into Tiffany's role as an actress, kind of like Gabby Barrett and Cade Whoeverheis. Even if she just stuck to commercials it would give them content.

Or - Lawson could stand up and support his own family. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 5

I was thinking more on the lines of going on casting calls and the hilarity of getting caught in traffic and getting there in the nick of time. Being offered a lot of money for a comercial where the product is way too secular and humble-bragging about giving it up because she is a holy woman of god. Hiring Lawson as her agent because he is her god-appointed protector and constantly posting about how joyful she is living under his umbrella, while Lawson posts jealous passive-agressive insults like Cade Whatshisname does to Gabby Barrett.

Edited by Nysha
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2

I don't know if you guys have seen Tiffany and Lawson's latest YouTube video, but they finally brought Duke to live with them. Warden came along with his new Husky puppy, Dex, to help finish off some house projects. 

They also addressed Tiffany's health. Apparently her immune system is in bad shape and she has a low white blood cell count. Tiffany mentioned it may be due to all the traveling. Most people would take that as a sign to stay home for a bit, but Fundies gotta Fundie. 

They plan on getting a puppy as a companion to Duke, and people in the comments wisely suggested it might be best to wait until Tiffany's health improves. It's interesting because Tiffany *acted* super excited about Duke, but I noticed she pulled away every single time he got close to her during the car ride. I wonder if she's afraid of him but doesn't want to admit it. She's a tiny girl and Duke is a really big dog. She seemed way more into the Husky puppy. 

Anyways, on the plus side, their backyard is massive, and the Bates boys built a solid, six-foot fence, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns. I just hope poor Duke doesn't spend all his time in boarding because his owners are constantly out of town. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know if you guys have seen Tiffany and Lawson's latest YouTube video, but they finally brought Duke to live with them. Warden came along with his new Husky puppy, Dex, to help finish off some house projects. 

They also addressed Tiffany's health. Apparently her immune system is in bad shape and she has a low white blood cell count. Tiffany mentioned it may be due to all the traveling. Most people would take that as a sign to stay home for a bit, but Fundies gotta Fundie. 

They plan on getting a puppy as a companion to Duke, and people in the comments wisely suggested it might be best to wait until Tiffany's health improves. It's interesting because Tiffany *acted* super excited about Duke, but I noticed she pulled away every single time he got close to her during the car ride. I wonder if she's afraid of him but doesn't want to admit it. She's a tiny girl and Duke is a really big dog. She seemed way more into the Husky puppy. 

Anyways, on the plus side, their backyard is massive, and the Bates boys built a solid, six-foot fence, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns. I just hope poor Duke doesn't spend all his time in boarding because his owners are constantly out of town. 

Her immune system is in bad shape? How is that measured? 

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Her immune system is in bad shape? How is that measured? 

I'm not a medical professional, but I'm assuming through blood work plus symptoms? Tiffany mentioned she struggled with the blood draw at the doctor's because she has tiny veins. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They also addressed Tiffany's health. Apparently her immune system is in bad shape and she has a low white blood cell count. Tiffany mentioned it may be due to all the traveling.

Ummmm, what? 👀

• Like 6
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm not a medical professional, but I'm assuming through blood work plus symptoms? Tiffany mentioned she struggled with the blood draw at the doctor's because she has tiny veins. 

She didn’t mention an actual diagnosis, though. To my knowledge, there is no test that measures “immunity,” specifically.

Just now, AstridM said:

She didn’t mention an actual diagnosis, though. To my knowledge, there is no test that measures level of overall “immunity,” specifically.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, AstridM said:

She didn’t mention an actual diagnosis, though. To my knowledge, there is no test that measures “immunity,” specifically.

The doctor probably said something like "Your white blood cell count is low, which could affect your immune system." So, it became about traveling all the time and (I guess) not taking care of herself. 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Maybe she is anemic. I've struggled with it my entire life. 

I’ve been hospitalized for severe anemia and received blood transfusions. That didn’t mean I had overall “low immunity.” People would love it if there were a test for that, but there isn’t .

2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Isn't anemia low red blood cell count? In which one can take iron? 

Or am I mistaking it for something else? 

Yes, low hemoglobin.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

There are different types of anemia, all caused by different things. Unfortunately I don't know much about the different types. Mine is low iron. There is a plastic anemia, iron deficiency anemia, sickle cell anemia, and a couple of others. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Yeah, keep in mind this is her words, not mine. I don't know what's going on with her. Like you said, she never gave an actual diagnosis. More like a lot of rambling and possibilities. For all we know it's something minor or easily fixable and she's taking a page out of Carlin's book by amping up the drama. 

• Like 5

From Penn Medicine so should have some validity:

6 Signs You Have a Weakened Immune System

February 16, 2022

TOPICS:

General Health Information Preventative Care Seasonal Topics

AUTHOR:

Nadia Hasan, DO

What Are the Symptoms of a Weak Immune System?

In the midst of the recent COVID-19 omicron variant , many are taking additional precautions to stay healthy.

Washing hands for 20 seconds and practicing social distancing are key to preventing the spread of the virus. However, it's also important to have a strong immune system that can fight back against the germs you may encounter. If you've noticed that you're often sick, feel fatigued or have other nagging symptoms you can't figure out, it may mean your immune system is weakened.

Check out the warning signs and what you can do to give your immune system a boost.

1. Your Stress Level is Sky-High

It's not a coincidence that you tend to get sick after a big project at work or following an emotional situation at home.

According to a report by the American Psychological Association, long-term stress weakens the responses of your immune system.

"That's because stress decreases the body's lymphocytes, the white blood cells that help fight off infection. The lower your lymphocyte levels, the more you're at risk for viruses like the common cold," explains Nadia Hasan, DO, a physician at Delancey Internal Medicine.

2. You Always Have a Cold

It's perfectly normal for adults to sneeze and sniffle through two or three colds each year. Most people bounce back in seven to 10 days.

"During that time, it takes the immune system three to four days to develop antibodies and fight off pesky germs," says Dr. Hasan.

But if you're constantly catching colds – or have a cold that won't run its course – that's a clear sign your immune system is struggling to keep up.

3. You Have Lots of Tummy Troubles

If you have frequent diarrhea, gas or constipation, it could be a sign that your immune system is compromised.

Research shows that nearly 70 percent of your immune system is located in your digestive tract. The beneficial bacteria and microorganisms that live there defend your gut from infection and support the immune system.

Low amounts of these helpful gut bacteria can leave you at risk to viruses, chronic inflammation and even autoimmune disorders.

4. Your Wounds Are Slow to Heal

Your skin goes into damage control mode after you get a burn, cut or scrape. Your body works to protect the wound by sending nutrient-rich blood to the injury to help regenerate new skin.

This healing process depends on healthy immune cells. But if your immune system is sluggish, your skin can't regenerate. Instead, your wounds linger and have a hard time healing.

5. You Have Frequent Infections

If you seem to battle frequent infections, your immune system might be sending you red flags.

The American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology reports that signs of a possible immune deficiency in adults include:

Having more than four ear infections in one year

Developing pneumonia twice during a one-year period

Suffering from chronic sinusitis or more than three episodes of bacterial sinusitis in a year

Needing more than two courses of antibiotics a year

6. You Feel Tired All the Time

You know that burning the candle at both ends is bound to leave you feeling sluggish. But if you're getting enough sleep and still suffering from exhaustion, it's worth considering if your immune system is trying to tell you something.

When your immune system struggles, so does your energy level.

"That's because your body is trying to conserve energy to fuel your immune system so it can fight off germs," explains Dr. Hasan.

Immune System Boosters

If the above warning signs are familiar, you need to give your immune system some extra attention. A few lifestyle changes and new habits can naturally keep your immune system strong and healthy:

Eat a balanced diet

Get enough sleep

Exercise regularly

Wash your hands

Keep up with your vaccines

Maintain a healthy weight

Don't smoke

Try to minimize stress

Your immune system is the key to good health, so the more you can do to protect it, the better.

Was Tiffany one of the many Bateses to have COVID?  That could have messed up her immune system also.  

Johns Hopkins has more info than any Bates would consider:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/disorders-of-the-immune-system

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Tiffany posted a picture of a U-Haul truck. Are they still moving her things to Nashville. The trailer they towed with her car seemed a good size and they had the car packed tight as well. All that moving to probably return to San Diego within a year.

7 hours ago, SMama said:

Tiffany posted a picture of a U-Haul truck. Are they still moving her things to Nashville. The trailer they towed with her car seemed a good size and they had the car packed tight as well. All that moving to probably return to San Diego within a year.

I thought they were helping Chad and Erin move, the reason for the U-Haul.

5 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

I thought they were helping Chad and Erin move, the reason for the U-Haul.

I really think they are still in CA. Erin posted about the relatives helping them pack, paint, and wrangle the kids. T&L were not among them.  

11 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

Ahh, surprising since they were all close.  

I think they’re in Cali - and I also believe they visited Erin/Chad last week, prob bc they knew they wouldn’t be there for the move. Michael/Brandon did the same and took the kids out to a bunch of activities too as a goodbye - bc they knew they’d be in Michigan when Erin moved.

• Like 2

I don’t get how this marriage is going to last. After spending nearly 2 wks in Cali with her parents (though prob a bit less than 2 wks bc Law/Tiff went to Mexico presumably by themselves), her parents are now back with them in Nashville. If you need mommy and daddy around constantly as a buffer in your marriage - maybe it’s a sign. Or she misses them that desperately?! Which is also bizarre for a 23 yr old. IDK what Tiff’s situation was w Liberty U and whether it was all online, but most ppl are used to being away from their parents for 3 mos or so starting at age 18 - leaving home Sept of freshman yr and coming home at Thanksgiving. Most ppl don’t need to spend weeks with their parents only to have their parents travel back with them to spend weeks at the kid’s home.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

It took Katie the better part of 2022 to settle in to living in New Jersey without her family. She had a steady stream of Bates coming for visits and she made a bunch of trips back to Tennessee. In one of their Q&A's Katie said that her home sickness was so bad at one point Travis offered to move to Tennessee for her.  

I can see it being tough on Tiffany being so far away from her family and married to a guy who thinks he is going to be a star one day when most likely that will never happen. 

• Like 8
19 hours ago, cereality said:

I don’t get how this marriage is going to last. After spending nearly 2 wks in Cali with her parents (though prob a bit less than 2 wks bc Law/Tiff went to Mexico presumably by themselves), her parents are now back with them in Nashville. If you need mommy and daddy around constantly as a buffer in your marriage - maybe it’s a sign. Or she misses them that desperately?! Which is also bizarre for a 23 yr old. IDK what Tiff’s situation was w Liberty U and whether it was all online, but most ppl are used to being away from their parents for 3 mos or so starting at age 18 - leaving home Sept of freshman yr and coming home at Thanksgiving. Most ppl don’t need to spend weeks with their parents only to have their parents travel back with them to spend weeks at the kid’s home.

Most people can't have their parents take time off work and away from home to wipe their adult behinds for weeks at a stretch. It's the fundie and bible-thumper parents who taught their kids to fear the world who end up as and with stage-4 clingers. 

• Like 11

L&T have surpassed desperate level and I have no idea what comes after that. The way they beg for engagement is seriously embarrassing. Tiffany has passive income from her rentals so it baffles me that she is debasing herself for clicks. Lawson and Tiffany, most leg humpers are interested in the married Bates sisters. It’s time for Lazy Lawson to get a job. 

• Like 10

Tiffany is in San Diego and Lawson is in Colorado. Darn, Tiffany, only eight months into the marriage and she's already taking a pass on a Bates family vacation. She does seem to really miss California and I can't blame her. I know I would not survive in Nashville, or anywhere in Tennessee for that matter. Nothing wrong with the state, just not a good fit for our family.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Tiffany is in San Diego and Lawson is in Colorado. Darn, Tiffany, only eight months into the marriage and she's already taking a pass on a Bates family vacation. She does seem to really miss California and I can't blame her. I know I would not survive in Nashville, or anywhere in Tennessee for that matter. Nothing wrong with the state, just not a good fit for our family.

I'm really sad for Tiffany because I think she's a gorgeous girl who's selling herself short with Lawson. That dude's gaslighting skills must be off the charts because I can't figure out how he got her to settle for an unemployed husband and a life in a city where she has no friends, family or prospects. One thing I've also noticed is that, aside from Erin, the Bateses aren't warm to her at all. Tiffany always leaves kind, positive comments on their Instagrams, and then she'll post something and it's crickets. Conventional wisdom says social media isn't real life, but with this crowd social media is their life. 

In the context of the ski trip, I can see why Tiffany would take a hard pass. Lawson would ditch her for his brothers anyways, and Josie and Lydia are so clique-ish, I doubt they'd include her. She probably jumped at the chance to high-tail it home. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 12

This once again makes me wonder if Tiff was with Lawson because of the TV show.  When the show got cancelled, she was in too deep and felt too guilty to call it off.  It seemed that even at the wedding and on the honeymoon she was already experiencing buyers remorse.  Now she's realizing that Lawson is not going to amount to anything and she is stuck in Tennessee with his family ignoring her.  I really hope if she is having second thoughts, she will move on before babies start coming.  She could do so much better,  I'm sure California has plenty of men who are still conservative that would be a better match for her.

• Like 11

I don't think Lawson really wanted to get married, but felt he "had to" for appearances.  If I am being totally honest I have to say he always gave me the impression that he plays for the other team, but sadly in his world that would never have been allowed.

I think he put some real effort into finding a young naive wife who he could sweep off her feet.  He looked for someone who ticked all the boxes and had connections in the entertainment industry. He hit the jackpot with Tiffany since she also had parents who invested her earnings to set her up with a nice little income stream.

He put on a good show, and got what he wanted,  but now that reality is sinking in, Tiffany may very well be questioning her choice.  I do hope if she really wants out she can do so with the support of her family, and before there is a baby.  I do think Lawson would be happy to have a child, even if he really doesn't want a wife.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
43 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I don't think Lawson really wanted to get married, but felt he "had to" for appearances.  If I am being totally honest I have to say he always gave me the impression that he plays for the other team, but sadly in his world that would never have been allowed.

I think he put some real effort into finding a young naive wife who he could sweep off her feet.  He looked for someone who ticked all the boxes and had connections in the entertainment industry. He hit the jackpot with Tiffany since she also had parents who invested her earnings to set her up with a nice little income stream.

He put on a good show, and got what he wanted,  but now that reality is sinking in, Tiffany may very well be questioning her choice.  I do hope if she really wants out she can do so with the support of her family, and before there is a baby.  I do think Lawson would be happy to have a child, even if he really doesn't want a wife.

Wondering if it is possible that this works for Tiffany too?  Maybe she doesn't want a husband as such, he is a pretty companion, and maybe they can have a child one day if they want to "connect"?  Stranger things have happened.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2