Type keyword(s) to search

Lawson and Tiffany: Warbling His Way Into Her Heart

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Wasted money.  I'll be shocked if she ever holds a real job, not just influencer. 

A political science degree?  How could she possibly marry that dork and have that degree and go along with his beliefs. 

Her degree in Political Science came from Liberty University need I say more? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Tiffy posted some concert pics in her stories (tiffypics). Since there was no sound on the Reddit link, I went to the source. Only 4 hours left to make your ears bleed! 😂

Lulz, you have to unmute on the bottom left corner of the video. There's a little speaker icon with a slash through it, and when you tap it, the sound comes on. 

Did you see what his turnout was like? Based on the Reddit clip, there was zero crowd noise, so I imagine not too good. 

• Love 2

No, Tiffy's phone was pointed upward towards the stage. She appeared to be kind of far away, but maybe there were barriers due to Covid? Because I don't imagine she was in the back row. 

No crowd noise that I could detect. I longed for some. 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Guess none of these geniuses has realized yet that the first sibling that comes out and admits/says something/expresses some opinion on the show's cancelation will be the sibling that has some chance of holding onto their social media following [and thus their free goods] for a bit longer. Yet Tiff has been going on and on about the wedding website not working since last night [bc apparently ppl are waiting with baited breath to see a website for a wedding they aren't attending] AND now Law just did his first IG story post cancelation - talking about how he lost his voice but is at some convenient store right now and is totally shook by the fact that there are Reese's cups w/ potato chips in them . . . Uh Law I'm thinking your voice is hoarse bc you spent last night crying and/or on the phone fighting with your siblings/blaming them for the show cancelation right before YOUR wedding . . . .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3

I’m obviously bored because I was checking out their Amazon wedding registry. I understand Lawson asking for tools since I’m sure he used the ones at home. But Tiffany allegedly has a condo. Why does she need to start from scratch? She didn’t have an iron? I’m also puzzled by the amount of food storage sets, roasting pans (3), 2 cake stands. SBaba and I cook at least 5 days a week and we do not need that many storage bowls (we do vacuum seal and freeze). 

They are doing much better that Jer and Hannah. A few big ticket items have already been purchased including an espresso machine for $699. Leg Humpers are that generous? 

Edited by SMama

So I listened to a couple of them and honestly I think he’s improving!

I’ve always wondered how Blake Shelton made it so far in music. He’s almost always out of range and off tune with his singing. 

Luck might pull Lawson along. Writing his own songs has to help too. 

Who was that pretty blonde girl in the girl song?  I’ve seen her on tv but can’t remember where?

My how things have changed. Tiff posted an IG story saying that she and Law are trying to save as much as possible but still want their green tea macha so they ordered one large and an extra cup and split it and it was the perfect size and they saved $4. Wow. A month ago this would have been unthinkable for these people. This is how they grew up which Law no doubt remembers as Z has mentioned it and Law is only 3 yrs younger than Z. Z has said if they went anyplace like the zoo Gil NEVER allowed them to get a soda no matter hot it was - it was the public water fountain; or if he allowed it as a super rare treat, he'd buy one soda for every 2-3 kids in attendance and they'd share; same with restaurants - in the rare event they went which Erin has said was like 1-2 times/yr max, they were NEVER allowed to order a drink, it was food only + water.

I think the financial divisions between the siblings are going to become clear - specifically the sisters w/ the skilled trade husbands [John; Evan; Kelton] vs. everyone else esp the brothers who pretty much do nothing or have jobs that would be considered pocket money rather than actual careers. I mean in contrast Josie was posting that they will totally make skiing an annual event for her family of four - and it's NBD because you can buy lift tix and cheap flights and an AirBnB on Black Friday and then just rent your skis etc. on arrival. In one video you can clearly hear Kelton saying "Josie what do you think of these cabins" - pointing at the ski in/ski out cabins while riding the lift; Josie ignores him and prattles on about Willow but you know they're thinking next yr when it's just us, let's get a cabin right on the mountain - none of this driving 20 min to ski.

I just think what she considers "cheap" w/ both of their businesses won't be what say Trace or Law's budget consider cheap. It's actually telling that Law is there and hasn't been out skiing really. Seems like he went out once with Jeb or Jud [can't tell the difference] and that's it -- they've been there like 4+ days. Now I'm sure the excuse is that Tiff has arrived - I think on Thursday night/Fri - and as a Cali girl she doesn't like cold but that doesn't explain the prior four days. But on this same trip every year in the last 2-3 years he and Trace and Jackson/Warden/Isiah were boasting daily about tearing up the slopes etc. Now Jackson doesn't attend [IDK if Isiah is there either - not a single pic of him; Warden was seen at the airport] and the ones who do attend definitely aren't skiing daily except Kelton/Josie, as rentals cost money. Kelton/Josie are in fact ok giving their 2 yr old an expensive hobby bc clearly they expect to be able to afford it in the years to come. I mean she didn't need lift tix etc. this yr bc Josie said they were free under 3 - but she did need rental skis, all the clothing etc.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I saw that video too. I agree that Tiffany is silly and she just turned 23. Lawson is 30? Their age difference is clear to see. She's immature to be marrying anyone. Lawson and Tiffany's response to what he does for work included a lot of hobbies...not jobs. I would have asked if they were allowed to kiss. How can Tiffany continue her acting career if she's moving to Tennessee? 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Tiffany owns a condo in San Diego. I wonder if she'll rent it out, and that's what they'll live off of. I imagine Lawson's music "career" is costing him more than it's earning him. 

They could easily sell the condo and buy a place in Nashville. They'll probably just stay with her parents when they visit CA. 

But they still need to eat. It doesn't look like it takes much to feed Tiffy, but Lawson probably requires 3 squares a day. 

I wonder if she has any acting money left after buying the condo and college?

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's new information. I wonder how reliable it is?

It was posted by someone on FJ who watched their Q&A video. I don’t know if I can take a double dose of silly and watch.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Tiffany has the body of a 10 year-old girl. If she pops out more than two, I'd be shocked.

Maybe they will do as Katie & Travis, realize the adjustment Tiffany is about to make, and wait for now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/14/2022 at 8:02 PM, BitterApple said:

Tiffany has the body of a 10 year-old girl. If she pops out more than two, I'd be shocked.

Being skinny doesn't necessarily mean infertile and neither does being flat-chested. You'd be surprised, but I've known many skinny women who've had babies.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
Just now, Temperance said:

Being skinny doesn't necessarily mean infertile and neither does being flat-chested. You'd be surprised, but I've known many skinny women who've had babies.

I didn't mean Tiffany wouldn't be fertile, I meant that she looks so tiny and frail I don't think her body could handle a lot of pregnancies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 2/14/2022 at 5:34 AM, floridamom said:

How can Tiffany continue her acting career if she's moving to Tennessee? 

well they have to at least pretend they are moving to Tennessee. Lawson is up for re election as constable in 2022 and he is not going to give up the tin star

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

well they have to at least pretend they are moving to Tennessee. Lawson is up for re election as constable in 2022 and he is not going to give up the tin star

I thought Tiffany said they are moving to Nashville, so Lawson will be giving up his tin star.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, SMama said:

I thought Tiffany said they are moving to Nashville, so Lawson will be giving up his tin star.

i missed the nashville possibility and heard tennessee. so we shall see. But Lawson sure loves to show of that badge and wear the uniform for pics. Maybe he would not run because he might lose. he certainly hasn't been around TN doing constable type work much for the past year or so.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 1

Lawson sang the national anthem at a Vols game. Zach and family, and assorted Bateses were in attendance. His rendition was so amazing that Zach didn’t bother to film more than a few seconds. Lawson’s singing career is quickly going nowhere.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

I wonder why the family hasn't had a Come To Jesus meeting with him? I get that nobody wants to crap on someone's dream, but Lawson's tried to make fetch happen so many times he might as well be a Golden Retriever. He had the benefit of a reality show and still couldn't build a solid fanbase. It's time to move on to a real job and dabble in singing on the weekends.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder why the family hasn't had a Come To Jesus meeting with him? I get that nobody wants to crap on someone's dream, but Lawson's tried to make fetch happen so many times he might as well be a Golden Retriever. He had the benefit of a reality show and still couldn't build a solid fanbase. It's time to move on to a real job and dabble in singing on the weekends.

If Tiffany has steady income from rental properties Lawson won’t feel the pressure to get a legit job. A steady flow of money will only encourage his Peter Pan existence to continue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

The rental property thing is interesting. In the Q&A video, Tiffy mentioned it so quickly that it was almost as if she was uncomfortable talking about it. You can tell they're not huge fans of discussing how they met either. It was kind of a strange Q&A, they both seemed off.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

The rental property thing is interesting. In the Q&A video, Tiffy mentioned it so quickly that it was almost as if she was uncomfortable talking about it. You can tell they're not huge fans of discussing how they met either. It was kind of a strange Q&A, they both seemed off.

Is Tiffany's family Fundie or Conservative Christian? It seems like she's dumbing herself down and diminishing her success to fit in with the Bates way of life. I don't think Lawson wants people to know if her income is supporting them rather than his. 

It's just a weird situation overall. I don't understand why Tiffany is hitching her wagon to his. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

You made me curious and I watched the Q&A. For an actress Tiffany was all aw shucks let’s just talk about Lawson. You are right, they both seem hesitant about talking about income and how they met.

Tiffany rattled all the things Lawson does. Although only one, singing, could be a source of income. And it does not look like it’s enough to support a family, let alone buy a house. So they are big on patriarchy, but not when it comes to full financial responsibility. Lawson has hobbies, Tiffany brings income.

Tiffany said acting then “I do vacation rentals.” That last part she rushed out. Like when SGirl tells me INeedWhateverIsMostInconvenientForSchoolTomorrow at 10:30 pm. It was weird. The same with how they met. So many people meet by slipping into DMs, there’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

They will be living in Nashville, no doubt for Tiffany to spend serious money trying to make Lawson happen. Maybe that is why Tiffany is so coy about finances. She needs to prop up her slacker fiancé, pretending piloting a tin can, wearing a tin star, singing off key, SCUBA diving, and playing missionary will put food on the table, a roof over their heads, and provide for continuous travel. It would be nice if some of her real world, actor friends would ask the hard questions.

Lawson said they were going to have a long, extended honeymoon. How is he paying for that? BUB is over. My husband works full time and makes decent money. We live below our means, and yet we can’t go on an extended vacation. Once they have a baby these two are going to have a rude awakening. It should be fun. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Tiffany saying she does "vacation rentals" sounds more like she rents her place out during tourist season, than owning multiple real estate.

If she wasn't so young the shiny would have worn off Lawson by now. In 5 years she's going to realize she married a self-absorbed boy.

I had a body like Tiff's and I was anything but fragile. Pregnancies were fine, but I will admit deliveries were very tough, especially the first one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I have to wonder if her family has had a sit down with her and tried to get her to realize that Lawson is not the only fish in the Christian sea. Serious questions need to be asked like what does he offer you, how will he help to support a family or are you planning on living off of your income and how long will you support his singing career before you realize that it is going nowhere? The families on this show seem to be accepting of their daughters marrying into this family almost like they have won the brass ring. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I have to wonder if her family has had a sit down with her and tried to get her to realize that Lawson is not the only fish in the Christian sea. Serious questions need to be asked like what does he offer you, how will he help to support a family or are you planning on living off of your income and how long will you support his singing career before you realize that it is going nowhere? The families on this show seem to be accepting of their daughters marrying into this family almost like they have won the brass ring. 

For all the talk of how the husband is the headship and provider for the family, none of these fundie families seem to spend much time thinking about whether or not the guy in question has a viable career option that will make it possible to support a wife and a bunch of kids at some point.  God will provide, but sometimes what he provides is a clue.  Being excited about your daughter marrying a guy who has been 'working' at building a career in music for years without much success and with minimal discernable talent demonstrates that Tiff's parents are clueless.  They need to talk to God about that.

• Love 12
On 2/19/2022 at 11:13 AM, BitterApple said:

Is Tiffany's family Fundie or Conservative Christian? It seems like she's dumbing herself down and diminishing her success to fit in with the Bates way of life. I don't think Lawson wants people to know if her income is supporting them rather than his. 

It's just a weird situation overall. I don't understand why Tiffany is hitching her wagon to his. 

I really don't either. She could find guys just like Lawson but with an actual career. So why Lawson? He has no job, no career and now no TV show. She'll be footing the bill on everything and putting up with it being all about Lawson all the time.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

She's definitely selling herself short and using HER money to support them. Wonder how her parents feel about that. Sure religious conservatives want their kids married ASAP lest they start sleeping with boyfriends/girlfriends, but she is ONLY 23 and Law isn't the only religious guy around; in fact San Diego has a fairly significant conservative Christian community where she could find someone. But yeah all of the - Law being in Cali with her for weeks and weeks, that's because of HER financially not him. He saves up money mowing Michaela's/Tori's/other sisters' lawns as if he's a 15 year old boy and buys a ticket out to SD and then everything is on her financially; she picks him up from the airport, they stay at her house, she continues to buy groceries and gas as she always would, lots of activities there are free like the beach, and then he uses his pocket money to spring for mini golf and In-and-Out burgers a few times and is SUCH a hero. She really is dating a high school boy.

She's had a decent career for Hollywood - where lots of child actors appear in something one time and never make it again. Per her Wiki bio:  Espensen began her career as a child actress making guest appearances on television series such as Hannah Montana, True Jackson, VP and Zeke and Luther. In 2011, she landed a main role on the Nickelodeon series, Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures (2011–2013), on which she played Piper, the little sister of Ashley Argota's character. Espensen followed this up in 2014 with a co-starring role on the Disney XD series Kirby Buckets. In 2016 she was added to the cast of the 2017 feature film Spider-Man: Homecoming, playing the role of Cindy, a role she reprised in the 2018 film Avengers: Infinity War.

She had a main role starting at age 12 that lasted two years and co star roles starting at age 14 as well as movie roles thru her college years. The net worth info online for actors suggests a NW of $1-5 million; even if that's on the lower end or her NW is "only" 750k, not over a million, that is a LOT at age 23 and positively monumental compared to her 30 year old fiance mowing lawns for allowance and picking up hourly shifts as a constable like 8 hrs/month.

As for rentals I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if she has at least one [and maybe more] rental apartments aside from the one she lives in, which I'm betting she owns. Her family seems upper middle class much like Bobby's and with that comes some investment savvy. I wouldn't be surprised at all that when she started making money at age 12 her parents decided to invest it for her by buying a rental apartment [or two or three over the years] that she could have as income properties when she was older [rather than just letting the money sit in savings or using the money themselves for anything]. I've known UMC families that have done this when their child has some earnings/winnings - they continue to live as normal, save for the child's college/wedding etc. as normal and just invest that money, often in real estate or the stock market, for the child.

If that is the case, guess what even less pressure on Law to work steadily once they're in Nashville - bc his wife has rental income from at least two San Diego apartments coming in [my guess is SHE has purchased the ones she lives in with her more recent movie earnings and her parents purchased one or more in her name when she was younger]. Maybe it's just me but this is why I feel like you should never tell [lazy] guys up front what you have/how financially successful you are bc they start viewing it as OUR money and it gives them even less interest in slogging along to make money. She's going to be funding his musician dreams + living expenses for them in Nashville for years; it may not be as viable once there is more than one baby though. 

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Lawson is in Nashville because his CD is about to drop. Is he having an event for the launching of his CD (or whatever is the proper term)? Are outlets clamoring for hits from Lawson? It’ll be interesting to see how many he sells with the piss poor singing and promotion. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, SMama said:

Lawson is in Nashville because his CD is about to drop. Is he having an event for the launching of his CD (or whatever is the proper term)? Are outlets clamoring for hits from Lawson? It’ll be interesting to see how many he sells with the piss poor singing and promotion. 

I mean if I were him I wouldn't have any kind of launch party for the CD - as it'll be 20 family members in attendance and no one else. Remember his recent "concert"? There were literally like 15-20 ppl in the audience and he was up there sounding like it was a high school talent show; frankly even the Vols ballgame he just sang it - high school talent show level talent. It would be embarrassing to have a launch party with no one there. Just let the damn thing drop on iTunes/Spotify, take the $1000 or whatever you make and move on. Tiff has to be advising this right? I mean she's actually been in the industry for real and understands how crucial red carpet type nights are -- better to go direct to streaming [for movies] than to have a red carpet/movie opening that is sparsely attended.

• Love 8