Type keyword(s) to search

Ted Lasso in the Media: Trent Crimm, The Independent

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, LADreamr said:

Sounds like he wants us to be as over it as he seems to be.  Still excited about the premiere.

22 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

It was always written as a 3 season run & done, so leave it that way & stop trying to milk the cow dry.

I think if there were a continuation, it would be more of a spin off.  Ted has his son in the US, so I could see him going home, and the team going on without him.  Possibly without Roy Kent too, since Brett Goldstein has so many irons in the fire right now.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I think if there were a continuation, it would be more of a spin off.  Ted has his son in the US, so I could see him going home, and the team going on without him.  Possibly without Roy Kent too, since Brett Goldstein has so many irons in the fire right now.

And Shrinking is so good.  Really happy to hear it's been renewed for season 2.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Ted’s relationships with others at Richmond are so rich and wonderful, the idea of him leaving to go back to America makes me so sad.  But from reading all the articles posted here, it seems inevitable.  

And if Ted leaves, so will Coach Beard. That would make me sad.

• Sad 2
On 3/13/2023 at 10:00 PM, TazDevil said:

Saw a commercial that the cast is going to be on the Today show all morning on Wednesday (3/15)!

The Today show host asked if they could kill off Nate!

• LOL 11
On 3/9/2023 at 5:36 PM, LilJen said:

Go Fug Yourself post on cast and others at the Season 3 premiere. I can't decide which man has better hair: Trent Crimm (Independent) or Dani Rojas (raven-haired golden retriever).

James Lance has the best hair ever. I dream I had hair that good. He’s made comments about how long it takes to get it ready for filming but I care not.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, AnnMarie17 said:

This writer nailed the way I'm feeling about Nate's storyline thus far:

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/ted-lasso-has-a-nate-problem-01gyyxycpt8s

Agree with all of it except I would have no problem with the final five episodes being 9 hours.  I've loved the last two episodes being longer, and having time to really tell the stories they're in.  I've reconciled with this being the final season, but I'm still going to miss it, so I'll take every minute they're offering.

But Nate?  Yeah, he can go.  I'm not only not rooting for him, I'm finding his whole story pretty boring.  There's too little time left to spend so much of it on him.

• Like 6
On 4/27/2023 at 9:46 AM, AnnMarie17 said:

I disagree with this essay. 

Nate didn't basically stalked her for 3 seasons. She showed up in Rainbows because he wanted the best table for his father because it's fis favorite restaurant.

He brought the model to show her up (we can assume) but also because that place meant something to him. And then she decided to do a kind thing for him and he asked her to share with him. 

You could say that saying hello through the window is weird but that's hardly "stalking her for 3 seasons." She wasn't in season 1. Appeared in one episode in season 2. 

Rebecca did ask Ted if he was going to respond in the press about what Nate was saying so I can assume that she does care about the Nate situation. Higgins also said to Ted that he couldn't understand why he wasn't mad at Nate.

Nate was very mean and an awful boss to Will. With Colin maybe it's more complex because he was bullied and belittled by him (and from other players).

Nate was also the only one who actually saw a different side of Ted. Not Led Tasso. But an angry, sad and mean Ted who yelled at him because he was hurt about his marriage. Of course, Ted apologized. But there's no one else who saw him like this. 

Still, leaking to the press that Ted had a panic attack was extremely hurtful and a huge break of trust.  That shoud be adressed. Nate almost had a conversation with him but then he didn't (when Rupert showed up and after the match with West Ham). I said in another thread: I'm sad that we're not seeing more of him, his transformation and hoping they will show us because it's interesting and I'm curious about his life and why/if he's evolving as a person.

Edited by braziliangirl
  • Like 5
On 4/28/2023 at 8:44 AM, braziliangirl said:

Nate was also the only one who actually saw a different side of Ted. Not Led Tasso. But an angry, sad and mean Ted who yelled at him because he was hurt about his marriage. Of course, Ted apologized. But there's no one else who saw him like this. 

I think the whole team saw this side of Ted when he did the “we’re talkin’ bout PRACTICE” rant. You can see the expressions on the faces of the players in the locker room - they’re not sure how to take this version of Ted Lasso.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mledawn said:

I think the whole team saw this side of Ted when he did the “we’re talkin’ bout PRACTICE” rant. You can see the expressions on the faces of the players in the locker room - they’re not sure how to take this version of Ted Lasso.

I don't think the two scenes are equivalent. For me, it's quite different the practice scene to "What you're doing here? Get out of here". The first one is Ted coaching very assertively. The second is Ted pissed off and being rude. One is Ted beign tough but fair. The other one not so much. It's just him being very sad and quite agressive. Again, he apologized and gave Nate the chance to say his ideas to the team (the roast scene) and they win. 

Edited by braziliangirl
  • Useful 1

I just watched Jason (via You Tube) on yesterday's Rich Eisen show.  When asked whether there would be another season, he said that by S 3.12 they would have told the story they wanted to tell.  After that "maybe there is more" but there would have to be a story to tell with these characters.  He and Brendan and Bill need to figure out "why" they would want to go on, and would not extend the show just for business reasons or because others want it.  But at this time, they haven't had time to figure any of this out.  

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Thalia said:

I just watched Jason (via You Tube) on yesterday's Rich Eisen show.  When asked whether there would be another season, he said that by S 3.12 they would have told the story they wanted to tell.  After that "maybe there is more" but there would have to be a story to tell with these characters.  He and Brendan and Bill need to figure out "why" they would want to go on, and would not extend the show just for business reasons or because others want it.  But at this time, they haven't had time to figure any of this out.  

I'm on the fence with this one.

Would I watch more?  Almost undoubtedly.  But I also don't want it to go on just for the sake of existing.  When shows go well past their expiration dates just because the viewing numbers are there, it's usually a bad thing.

As long as they do a good job of tying mostly everything up by the end of 3.12, then I'm good either way.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, I guess it'll be a late night for me; no way can I wait until tomorrow afternoon to watch.

Same! I can’t wait that long. It better be a good ending! I will be sleep-deprived and even more grumpy tomorrow if it’s bad.

• Like 1
(edited)

Well fuck you Apple. Seriously why change the release time for the very last episode to a later time? 

I’m still going to check at the usual time incase this is just someone not understanding time zones and that ET and PT aren’t the same. (It happens a lot. I don’t know how many times at work I have to explain to my ET colleagues that central time is just an hour behind, not 2-3) 

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 5

I have to get up real early tomorrow or I would stay up and watch tonight - even if it does air at usual time.  Will watch it tomorrow evening since I have Thursday off.  Don't want to have to try to sleep while dealing with all of whatever happens on my mind and feels.

"At the 74 minute mark ..."

Dang.  Sounds like the winding down point, where the hugest emotional moment(s) are saved up for.

Here I was hoping for at least 90 minutes, but preferably 100+ for the series finale!

• Like 2

It was posted on Sunday that the finale is 76 minutes but I noticed that’s been taken down. Why? Now the release is midnight eastern time? No still photos or sneak peek? Weird 

Just as weird is the Cast not promoting the finale. I get there’s a writer’s strike and it’s important to support that but I would guess promoting the series they’ve wrapped is in their contracts.

21 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Just as weird is the Cast not promoting the finale. I get there’s a writer’s strike and it’s important to support that but I would guess promoting the series they’ve wrapped is in their contracts.

Part of the strike is not promoting content of the struck company of which Apple TV+ is one. Add to that the fact that late talk shows aren't happening, there's not a lot of venues for promotion if they wanted, though the cast does seem to be posting on their Instagrams.

Phil shared some BTS photos from season 1 today: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs4bLrFyM53/

Toheeb has this on his Insta: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs25OIpogJG/

Cristo has the same reel on his: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs20VwItEdu/

David Elsendoorn shared the same reel: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs33nq4IgMz/

Billy Harris has this photo 😭 https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs32vO9N964/

Charlie Hiscock has some BTS photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs4Eq1hNZAL/

Other cast members may have more, but this is my cursory glance at Instas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The posted episode thread is "So Long".

In the last week, I saw the episode was listed as "So Long, Farewell" before tonight. 

Did AppleTV officially remove the ", Farewell"?  If so, that seems to potentially indicate tonight's episode is more a season finale instead of series.

• Useful 3
(edited)

Guess the 9pm PT was right, just checked and it wasn’t released at the usual time. I can’t stay up and even though I WFH I won’t be able to watch it until I’m done for the day. 

I’ll do my best to stay spoiler free, but it will be hard. I loved HIMYM and that finale scarred me for life, so I sometimes like just some assurance the ending is satisfying.

Edited by Trillium
PT. Stupid iPhone…
  • Like 2