Type keyword(s) to search

Ted Lasso in the Media: Trent Crimm, The Independent

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Who can lip read?  I want to know what Brette was swearing/saying when they muted him.

I love how authentic and hilarious Hannah was.

I wish the whole cast could get Emmys.

I am so surprised at how humble Jason Sudekis seems to be.  I always figured he was one of those egotistical spoiled and arrogant SNL alums.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Who can lip read?  I want to know what Brette was swearing/saying when they muted him.

I love how authentic and hilarious Hannah was.

I am so surprised at how humble Jason Sudekis seems to be.  I always figured he was one of those egotistical spoiled and arrogant SNL alums.

I don’t think he was swearing…. Just pretending.   Or maybe not.   He definitely soubpnds different when he isn’t Roy   And Hannah’s speech was lovely, like her   

Yeah for Hannah and Brett.  And Jason.  

era…I was wrong.  This is from EW

53B3969A-3E73-47C4-932C-E6596DFAE1F4.jpeg

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I also wish they all didn’t have to be up against each other.

I could not tell if Jason was enjoying his night or not. He seemed so subdued. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SHD said:

I also wish they all didn’t have to be up against each other.

Yeah. I love Hannah, but between the two I would've liked Supporting to go to Juno. 

Phil Dunster's reaction to Brett winning was freaking adorable. He was standing in for all of us.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Schweedie said:

Yeah. I love Hannah, but between the two I would've liked Supporting to go to Juno. 

Phil Dunster's reaction to Brett winning was freaking adorable. He was standing in for all of us.

Yes…and I hope Phil is nominated next year.  They just have to send in the scene where his father confronts him in the dressing room and the aftermath.  

eta.  Did Brett Goldstein borrow is Emmys suit from Roy’s wardrobe?

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

My opinion, for what it is worth:

I am thrilled that they all won Emmy's. Hannah W was well deserved; first season the range of emotions she conveyed just using her face was astounding. Season One was her season to win. Season Two it is Juno Temple's season to win; her storyline and what she has been able to portray has been better season two. Although I love me all things Roy Fucking Kent, I think Brett G. has been much stronger an actor with more range written for Roy season two than season one where Roy was pretty much just one or two notes. Though of the actors from the show nominated with him this year, I do think he was the best pick. Phil Dunster definitely should get the nod for season two as should Brett G. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Schweedie said:

Only because there's a real argument Rebecca might count as a second lead character and Hannah was submitted in the wrong category (or the right one, if you go by success).

• Love 2

Interview with Toheeb Jimoh (Sam Obisanya).  Nothing too illuminating.  He knows how fans feel about Rebecca and Sam.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/toheeb-jimoh-interview

The kiss is out in the world and it had exactly the kind of impact he was expecting. “I think we kind of won a lot of people over, you know,” he says. When it was revealed, weeks earlier, that Sam and Rebecca were messaging one another on the app, the reception was mixed, at least according to Jimoh’s feed (he admits to spending too much time on Twitter reading tweets about the show). “It literally divided our audience in half,” he says, “some people were team Ted and Rebecca, some people didn’t vibe with the age gap, some people didn’t vibe with the boss thing.” But episode eight gave us a proper look at the chemistry the two actors share. “The audience just got to see them together for once in that sphere and I feel like some people bought into it.” 

• Love 2

If anyone is on Twitter, the “real” accounts the show set up for the characters actually interact with fans. As far as I know, the Trent Crimm, The Independent (@TheTrentCrimm)is staffed by someone with the show BUT I COULD BE WRONG.

Trent Crimm, The Independent, is fielding questions and responding to general outrage surrounding his handling of Ted’s article and explaining how UK journalism standards differ from American standards. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AstaCharles said:

I think one of the post-its had something about Rebecca doing stand up in a Vegas show

I love that one! "Rebecca reworks more truthful (????not sure of the next word-maybe personal????) Vegas stand-up show", which is the plot of "Hacks". Maybe they just really want that writing Emmy! ;-)

Edited by Domestic Assassin
On 10/8/2021 at 5:09 PM, DEL901 said:

Some idea board close ups

Nate wins British bakeoff

Biscuts laced with cocaine

Beard is the Zodiac killer

Episode 1/2 Ted dies

Episode11/12 Jamie is a ghost. 

Here are some more:

Pube shaving scandal

Henry coaches team via Zoom

Something w/ Steve Bannon

Ted develops a shopping addiction (ear cuffs)

Rebecca gets adult braces

Reveal Roy has small dick

Roy gets really, really fat

Team building field trip to Hitler's bunker

What makes these even funnier is that I can see a lot of these happening on the show. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2