Type keyword(s) to search

Ted Lasso in the Media: Trent Crimm, The Independent

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

55 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

The posted episode thread is "So Long".

In the last week, I saw the episode was listed as "So Long, Farewell" before tonight. 

Did AppleTV officially remove the ", Farewell"?  If so, that seems to potentially indicate tonight's episode is more a season finale instead of series.

Apple TV+ still has it listed as "So Long, Farewell" in the app 🤷‍♀️

Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 6.35.04 PM.png

• Useful 2

So this is really unexpected and weird. I was just watching a video on a news site and had to sit through the obligatory ad. I was a bit disturbed and perplexed as to why Chase decided to parody Ted yelling at Jamie in S1 when Jamie says he can't play because he's hurt. Of all the conversations to parody from TL, why this one? The commercial doesn't even make sense. 

(edited)
31 minutes ago, Turtle Wexler said:

So this is really unexpected and weird. I was just watching a video on a news site and had to sit through the obligatory ad. I was a bit disturbed and perplexed as to why Chase decided to parody Ted yelling at Jamie in S1 when Jamie says he can't play because he's hurt. Of all the conversations to parody from TL, why this one? The commercial doesn't even make sense. 

Ted’s speech was from an infamous Allen Iverson press conference. They’re spoofing Iverson’s speech, not Ted’s. Iverson’s the guy on the left.

Ted just had the speech memorized!

ETA: We’re talking about practice.

Edited by Jeddah
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jeddah said:

Ted’s speech was from an infamous Allen Iverson press conference. They’re spoofing Iverson’s speech, not Ted’s. Iverson’s the guy on the left.

Ted just had the speech memorized!

ETA: We’re talking about practice.

Funny family story.  I shared the first season of Ted Lasso with my visiting nephew.  During Ted's 'practice' monologue, he started laughing, and I had no clue why he thought it was so funny.  I think that scene may have made him a Ted Lasso fan.  

Edited by Phebemarie
  • Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Funny family story.  I shared the first season of Ted Lasso with my visiting nephew.  During Ted's 'practice' monologue, he started laughing, and I had no clue why he thought it was so funny.  I think that scene may have made him a Ted Lasso fan.  

I have a similar story. Someone in my family said practice, so of course I said, “We talking about practice.” My sister told me I should watch Ted Lasso because he does that speech. I had been meaning to watch the show, but that really motivated me. Obviously, I loved it!

Edited by Jeddah
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AngieBee1 said:

Phil Dunster reads thirst tweets.

I love the way he is completely flummoxed by the lack of capitalization and punctuation in Tweets, and by the sadomasochism of stan culture!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5
12 hours ago, AngieBee1 said:

Phil Dunster reads thirst tweets.

https://youtu.be/iFTwcR-FbC4

Oh my! The things people say on the internet!
He’s right that the way Phil says Keeley is way less entertaining than the way Jamie says it.

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

He’s really good at that. I wonder if he’d be good at stand-up or as a late-night host, or…?

Jason needs to use his connections and get Phil or Brett to host SNL!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Emmy noms are out.  21 for Ted Lasso. 

On the acting front……Phil got nominated!!  Along with Jason, Brett, Hannah and Juno.  Also, for best guest performance…Sam Richardson, Harriet Walter, Becky Anne Baker and Sarah Niles.

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Emmy noms are out.  21 for Ted Lasso. 

On the acting front……Phil got nominated!!  Along with Jason, Brett, Hannah and Juno.  Also, for best guest performance…Sam Richardson, Harriet Walter, Becky Anne Baker and Sarah Niles.

Whoa - I just put together that mild-mannered Aniq on The Afterparty was Edwin Akufo!

Trent’s hair alone is worth a hair styling Emmy.

I don’t see how Doc Sharon got an Emmy nomination. She’s great, but she really didn’t do much this season. Same for Rebecca’s mom. A nomination for Jamie’s mom would have made more sense to me than either of those two.

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

Same for Rebecca’s mom.

I love that Harriet Walter has a nomination for guest actress in both comedy (Ted Lasso) and drama (Succession).  She played pretty much the same prickly mom character in both. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I love that Harriet Walter has a nomination for guest actress in both comedy (Ted Lasso) and drama (Succession).  She played pretty much the same prickly mom character in both. 

She was nominated for both last year as well.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

don’t see how Doc Sharon got an Emmy nomination. She’s great, but she really didn’t do much this season. Same for Rebecca’s mom. A nomination for Jamie’s mom would have made more sense to me than either of those two

I agree. I am very curious if Leanne Best submitted. She should have because if Sarah and Harriet got a nod for doing nothing memorable this season, Leanne certainly should have got one for her lovely turn in Mom City.

Had James Lance not become a series regular I think he would have received another nomination if he submitted Sunflowers.

• Like 4
(edited)

This is extra special because there were 8 original cast members.  The other shows generally had only 4.  (Cheers had 6 original cast members who were nominated)

IMG_2138.jpeg

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)

The sweep of Emmy nominations seems to be already elevating the show’s place in history.
That is, if appearing as a clue in The New York Times crossword is an indication of having a permanent place in the cultural zeitgeist, Ted Lasso has arrived? (It’s only the Saturday mini puzzle, but the Saturday mini is a jumbo size mini). 
61825D87-1672-40D5-98EF-516361CFAA05.thumb.jpeg.6383110d96a3b59f2204c615b08f21bf.jpeg

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

No idea what's going on here - just happy the gods of youtube's algorithm threw this my way.
https://youtu.be/C4LlimNcl_s

Totally awesome. 🥲

If you click into the video, the info-text in YouTube explains:

785,159 views Nov 12, 2023

Hannah Waddingham and Jason Sudeikis covering and crushing “Shallow” at THUNDERGONG! 2023 backed by Summer Breeze and with a cameo from Will Forte. Presented by Steps of Faith and held at Kansas City's Uptown Theater, THUNDERGONG! is an annual benefit concert to raise funds for amputees in need. #GiveSteps

See also: https://thundergong.org/

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, MissLucas said:

No idea what's going on here - just happy the gods of youtube's algorithm threw this my way.

Thank you so much! Gosh I miss these two and the rest of the TL crew. But holy cow, I knew Hannah could sing, but the times she sang on TL didn't do her talents justice. I got chills watching this.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Awesome! Especially the harmonies!

But I think I may have f'loved Jason Sudeikis' rendition of "Shallow" best of all.

If there’s no season 4, maybe they can have a very special musical special.  

We know Nate is a violinist in real life and now we know at least 3 of the main cast can belt….

• Like 2

Sadly, the show has done abysmally at the awards this year. Most recently losing in the four categories at the SAG Awards they were nominated in and garnering no WGA awards.

At least they look good.

GHKNKCdXIAATcD_.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, AngieBee1 said:

Sadly, the show has done abysmally at the awards this year. Most recently losing in the four categories at the SAG Awards they were nominated in and garnering no WGA awards.

At least they look good.

GHKNKCdXIAATcD_.jpg

To be fair to the awards voters, it was not the show's strongest season.

• Like 3

It was lovely to see the cast together (in public) for the last time. After the lack of awards at the delayed Emmys and Golden Globes, it would have been a big surprise for them to win last night. It's not surprising that the voters saw the same problems we saw with season three, but it still must be hard to be an awards favorite the first two years and be totally shut out during the final season.

Very excited to see what the cast does next and hope we get some little reunions in the years to come!

• Like 1