Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles: Who were you in a past life?

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

If one has HBO Max you can catch Brandon Scott Jones, who will play Isaac in the series, on fantastic comedy THE OTHER TWO. It was originally on Comedy Central but moved to HBO Max for its second series.  He plays Curtis, the best friend of one of the lead characters Cary (Drew Tarver).  Jones also serves as a co-producer on it. 

Deavn Long who will play Thorfinn on the show popped up a few times on DOOM PATROL as Flex Metallo. The sweet, buff superhero.  And I'm not sure if it's playing anywhere else but he played the less than sweet Otto in the Gregg Araki Starz comedy Now Apocalypse.

• Love 2
On 9/19/2021 at 3:48 PM, AngieBee1 said:

If one has HBO Max you can catch Brandon Scott Jones, who will play Isaac in the series, on fantastic comedy THE OTHER TWO. It was originally on Comedy Central but moved to HBO Max for its second series.  He plays Curtis, the best friend of one of the lead characters Cary (Drew Tarver).  Jones also serves as a co-producer on it. 

He also played Tahani's gossip-columnist nemesis on The Good Place.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:48 PM, AngieBee1 said:

Deavn Long who will play Thorfinn on the show popped up a few times on DOOM PATROL as Flex Metallo. The sweet, buff superhero.

Wow! I didn't recognize him until I read this!

• Love 5

Utkarsh Ambudkar Todd (Jay) has a brief cameo in Tick, Tick...Boom! which is now showing in theatres and on Netflix.  The minute I heard his voice I shouted out to myself, "Oh, that's the male lead in "Ghosts".  😃🤩😀   

• Love 1
6 hours ago, januaryman said:

John Hartman (Nigel)

I really like the character he plays, I do hope Nigel and Isaac continue their relationship. It would be cool if Nigel was to move into the house. 

Edited by enduringforce
  • Love 3
On 9/19/2021 at 10:44 PM, Anela said:

I first saw Rose McIver in iZombie. I like her a lot.

I think I first saw her as Tinker Bell on Once Upon a Time.  The show was far from perfect especially the later years, but they were pretty good with the casting, especially the early years.  

I loved the first two or three seasons of IZombie.  The last few years were not horrible, but the premise of the show was difficult to keep going indefinitely.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CCTC said:

I think I first saw her as Tinker Bell on Once Upon a Time.  The show was far from perfect especially the later years, but they were pretty good with the casting, especially the early years.  

I loved the first two or three seasons of IZombie.  The last few years were not horrible, but the premise of the show was difficult to keep going indefinitely.  

I first saw her on Lifetime's Petals on the Wind.

Utkarsh Ambudkar was/is a member of Freestyle Love Supreme, the improv hip-hop comedy group created years ago by Lin-Manuel Miranda. I believe the documentary on them (We are Freestyle Love Supreme) is where Utkarsh talks about how he was in the workshop for Hamilton as Aaron Burr but substance abuse issues cost him the role and he didn't get to enjoy the Broadway success. (I've watched so many BTS stuff on Hamilton/LMM so that might've been somewhere else - at one point Utkarsh was doing a podcast and had LMM on and it was discussed quite a bit there too.)  I'm so happy to see him having success in this role. 

Found an article: https://decider.com/2020/07/17/hamilton-original-aaron-burr-utkarsh-ambudkar/

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 3/17/2022 at 10:11 AM, AheadofStraight said:

Utkarsh talks about how he was in the workshop for Hamilton as Aaron Burr

So he can sing? We must have some of that!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, kwnyc said:

So he can sing? We must have some of that!

He was in a movie called Basmati Blues with Brie Larson; it was kinda trying to be a Bollywood movie so it had singing but not a lot of dancing (if memory serves). When I saw him, his face looked familiar but I couldn't place him, his accent was different and his voice was deeper.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Utkarsh Ambudkar was in the first Pitch Perfect movie (sang/rapped) and then had a recurring role as Mindy Haling’s brother in The Mindy Project. 

Edited by Babalu06
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I cannot find it, because I can't remember the make, but there's a car commercial with Devan Chandler Long (Thorfinn) sewing.  It's something about "you designed it" and the only reason I actually paid attention is because the guy sewing reminded me of Thorfinn.   😄

If I remember the make, I'll post  it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Utkarsh was also in Special on Netflix, playing Kim's childhood friend/friend with benefits. (Kim was played by Punam Patel, who plays Jay's sister. Which is kinda weird if you think about it too much, but I thought it was pretty funny when I realized where I'd seen her before.)

Here he is in Pitch Perfect (his solo starts at 1:56; you also see him in the background beatboxing and playing the air drums).

Edited by ams1001
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Fun clip! I've not seen that movie, will have to put it on my "to watch" list now. 

The first Pitch Perfect is good but the sequels, as is so often the case, are not worth watching.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Okay, well, now I want to see Utkarsh do something like that solo on "Ghosts" at some point :D. 

It would be really fun to hear him doing something from Hamilton in the background, considering he was supposed have been part of the original cast.  But again, there are probably royalty issues.  Maybe he could "rewrite" one of the songs for Issac, give him a little musical theater history of his own. 

Off topic:  Yes the plots of the other Pitch Perfects were horrible, but the musical numbers were still really good.  Anna Kendrick's "Freedom" from #3 is awesome. 

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, chaifan said:

It would be really fun to hear him doing something from Hamilton in the background, considering he was supposed have been part of the original cast.  But again, there are probably royalty issues.  Maybe he could "rewrite" one of the songs for Issac, give him a little musical theater history of his own. 

Oh, that'd be awesome :D. Aw. I'd really like to see something like that. That'd be a nice little moment for Jay and Isaac to share. 

Duly noted about the sequels, based off the comments here, but I may seek out that "Freedom" number you mention :).

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Oh, that'd be awesome :D. Aw. I'd really like to see something like that. That'd be a nice little moment for Jay and Isaac to share. 

Duly noted about the sequels, based off the comments here, but I may seek out that "Freedom" number you mention :).

Parody is fair use; a Hamilton parody based on Isaac's bio would be awesome.

I honestly remember very little about the third movie. I sorta remember this scene.

• Love 2

I first remember seeing Rose McIver in Masters of Sex, and liked her in iZombie. 

Devin Long was in one episode of The Magicians (All That Hard, Glossy Armor, one of my favorites). Him, I recognized immediately. Hard to miss. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Darian said:

I first remember seeing Rose McIver in Masters of Sex, and liked her in iZombie. 

I think those going through Ghosts withdrawal who have not seen Rose McIver's iZombie might enjoy it.
I don't normally watch or read anything with vampires, but this show had a lot of charm and cuteness, as I recall. My anti-zombie daughter got hooked on it too.
I had to quit after the first year only because I was on chemotherapy, so watching her eat fake brains made my nausea worse. Then I lost a year of memories, and yet, I still recall it being fun and cute, so there's that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I think those going through Ghosts withdrawal who have not seen Rose McIver's iZombie might enjoy it.
I don't normally watch or read anything with vampires, but this show had a lot of charm and cuteness, as I recall. My anti-zombie daughter got hooked on it too.
I had to quit after the first year only because I was on chemotherapy, so watching her eat fake brains made my nausea worse. Then I lost a year of memories, and yet, I still recall it being fun and cute, so there's that.

Oh, wow, that's awful! Fellow survivor here, though it was childhood cancer and 1977, but still, virtual hug!. I did love iZombie and I also avoid zombie stuff, usually.  Glad I made an exception. Maybe someday you can go back and watch, if you're inclined. Wishing you well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 5/3/2022 at 5:14 PM, shapeshifter said:

I had to quit after the first year only because I was on chemotherapy, so watching her eat fake brains made my nausea worse.

I'm sorry to hear that. Glad you are doing better.

On 5/3/2022 at 7:14 PM, Darian said:

Maybe someday you can go back and watch, if you're inclined. Wishing you well. 

Rose cooking up new recipes for brains each week was my favorite part of the show! I enjoyed the earlier seasons better than the last, but I really started watching Ghosts because I liked her so much in iZombie. That and I liked the UK version, too.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I watched the first 2 seasons of iZombie, I lost interest after that. Rose was good in it. I checked out the this version after watching the UK one, because she was in it.

I knew Devan Long from playing Flex Mentello in Doom Patrol. Where he was wearing nothing but tiny leopard print shorts and boots. His power was he could alter reality by flexing different muscles. 

• Useful 2
39 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I knew Devan Long from playing Flex Mentello in Doom Patrol. Where he was wearing nothing but tiny leopard print shorts and boots. His power was he could alter reality by flexing different muscles. 

[shapeshifter Googles images of:   
Devan Long Flex Mentello Doom Patrol]
👀

• LOL 4

I'm really appreciating this thread because this entire cast is totally new to me, I wasn't familiar with any of their work prior to "Ghosts". So I'm making a mental list of other shows and movies involving these people to check out now :D. 

I did watch Pitch Perfect recently - it was on a movie channel last weekend. Cute movie, I really enjoyed it :). 

• Like 1
On 5/5/2022 at 10:16 AM, Sakura12 said:

I watched the first 2 seasons of iZombie, I lost interest after that. Rose was good in it. I checked out the this version after watching the UK one, because she was in it.

Doom Patrol does a lot of filming about 10 minutes from my house. Now I feel a need to watch the show and to see if I can watch some filming 😀

• Useful 1
On 5/7/2022 at 12:24 AM, LittleIggy said:

I watched “Free Guy” tonight, and Utkarsh Ambudkar has a decent sized role in it. Hilarious movie!

Thanks for the info. I watched this over the weekend and it was hilarious! So many actors (and cameos) I like a lot in this movie, plus gaming. Awesome.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ms Lark said:

Thanks for the info. I watched this over the weekend and it was hilarious! So many actors (and cameos) I like a lot in this movie, plus gaming. Awesome.

I thought Utkarsh looked hot (should I say hotter?) with the long hair. 😏

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, LittleIggy said:

Aaaaaand now I'm adding this one to my "to watch" list, too, thanks :D. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Should definitely say hotter. I've had a low key crush on him since Pitch Perfect. Ghosts and Free Guy just made it a full blown crush. He's a cutie.

• Love 2