Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles: Who were you in a past life?

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I’m belatedly watching Succession and Asher Grodman (Trevor) was in the  latest episode I saw (S2, E3; “Hunting”) playing an investigator for the Roy family named Sam a.k.a. Ratfucker Sam. He had no dialogue but simultaneously displayed blandness and a vague menace. I’d read in interviews posted by some of you that he was very intimidated when he was cast in Ghosts because he’d had no comic experience and was surprised because he seems so natural, but, boy, can he bring the drama, even without saying a word. 

Edited by Babalu06
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I re-watched 2009's "The Lovely Bones" and realized that Rose McIver (Sam) plays the older sister, Lindsey.  Funny; she's from New Zealand, her "sister" Saoirse Ronan spent most of her life in Ireland (though born in the Bronx), and her "mother" Rachel Weisz is from London, but they played an American family (Rachel did have a British accent in the movie).

If anyone's interested: the movie got mixed reviews, but it's one of my favorites.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 8/27/2022 at 11:20 AM, MaryMitch said:

I re-watched 2009's "The Lovely Bones" and realized that Rose McIver (Sam) plays the older sister, Lindsey.  Funny; she's from New Zealand, her "sister" Saoirse Ronan spent most of her life in Ireland (though born in the Bronx), and her "mother" Rachel Weisz is from London, but they played an American family (Rachel did have a British accent in the movie).

If anyone's interested: the movie got mixed reviews, but it's one of my favorites.

I enjoyed The Lovely Bones, both the book and the movie. You have to be in the right headspace for the subject matter though.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 3/13/2022 at 5:10 PM, januaryman said:

as did John Hartman (Nigel), who was in 3 episodes as the psychiatrist.

I thought he looked familiar ("Right on, right on!")   I'm fairly new to this show, so I'm still figuring out where I've seen some of these actors!  

• Like 1
On 5/7/2022 at 12:24 AM, LittleIggy said:

I watched “Free Guy” tonight, and Utkarsh Ambudkar has a decent sized role in it. Hilarious movie! 👍🏻👍🏻

I loved that movie. 

• Like 3
On 3/13/2022 at 6:10 PM, januaryman said:

Danielle Pinnock (Alberta) appeared in 16 episodes of Young Sheldon as Ms. Ingram, as did John Hartman (Nigel), who was in 3 episodes as the psychiatrist.

I'm trying to remember the psychiatrist-- really young, tried to be cool with Sheldon?  Did Sheldon run away while his parents talked to him?

• Useful 1

I'm taking a "How to Teach" course from ACUE, and the videos have sections where students talk about how much they like a particular teaching technique.  Much to my surprise (and happiness--these videos are so boring they could put sleeping pills out of business) Román Zaragoza shows up as one of the students!  He could very well have been an actual student giving an actual commentary (the school listed under his name matched his bio and the timetable matched as well), but it did make me wonder just how many of the other "students" were actual students giving their actual opinions!

• Like 2

I'm just catching up with The Other Two on HBO and I was pleasantly surprised to see Brandon Scott Jones (Isaac) has a recurring role.  I think the show is very funny and worth a watch if you have HBO.

• Like 1

Utkarsh Ambudkar is currently playing Bor'Dor Dog'Son on Critical Role:

I think it's fair to say that he knows a lot less about D&D than Jay, but it's still very fun.

A warning though, this is in the middle of a campaign, so if you try to start here, you'll likely be very lost.

• Useful 1
On 3/15/2023 at 1:11 AM, Browncoat said:

Nancy the basement cholera ghost is on Night Court right now.

She was also on Disjointed with Kathy Bates and is on a bunch of College Humor stuff. She is one of those actors who are everywhere but you don't know their names.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:
On 3/14/2023 at 8:11 PM, Browncoat said:

Nancy the basement cholera ghost is on Night Court right now.

She was also on Disjointed with Kathy Bates and is on a bunch of College Humor stuff. 

John Hartman was also in Disjointed as Zach.

• Useful 1
On 1/14/2023 at 4:40 PM, PattyorSelma said:

I'm trying to remember the psychiatrist-- really young, tried to be cool with Sheldon?  Did Sheldon run away while his parents talked to him?

John Hartman actually isn’t as young as he looks. Some time ago I came across an interview with him when he was performing with Second City. It was dated 2014 and said that he was thirty, so that means he’s almost forty now, which is hard to believe when you look at him. The guy probably still gets carded in bars!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Rebecca Wisocky was the villain in the Season 8 opener of Brooklyn 99.  She's doing an accent (or maybe it's her real voice I don't know) if you ever wanted to know what Hetty would sound working class and wearing, gasp, PANTS.

• Like 3