Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

SilverStormm

Cast in Other Roles: Who were you in a past life?

I’m belatedly watching Succession and Asher Grodman (Trevor) was in the  latest episode I saw (S2, E3; “Hunting”) playing an investigator for the Roy family named Sam a.k.a. Ratfucker Sam. He had no dialogue but simultaneously displayed blandness and a vague menace. I’d read in interviews posted by some of you that he was very intimidated when he was cast in Ghosts because he’d had no comic experience and was surprised because he seems so natural, but, boy, can he bring the drama, even without saying a word. 

Edited by Babalu06
  • Love 2

I re-watched 2009's "The Lovely Bones" and realized that Rose McIver (Sam) plays the older sister, Lindsey.  Funny; she's from New Zealand, her "sister" Saoirse Ronan spent most of her life in Ireland (though born in the Bronx), and her "mother" Rachel Weisz is from London, but they played an American family (Rachel did have a British accent in the movie).

If anyone's interested: the movie got mixed reviews, but it's one of my favorites.

• Useful 2

On 8/27/2022 at 11:20 AM, MaryMitch said:

I re-watched 2009's "The Lovely Bones" and realized that Rose McIver (Sam) plays the older sister, Lindsey.  Funny; she's from New Zealand, her "sister" Saoirse Ronan spent most of her life in Ireland (though born in the Bronx), and her "mother" Rachel Weisz is from London, but they played an American family (Rachel did have a British accent in the movie).

If anyone's interested: the movie got mixed reviews, but it's one of my favorites.

I enjoyed The Lovely Bones, both the book and the movie. You have to be in the right headspace for the subject matter though.

• Useful 2