Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E09: Power of Veto #3

• Start Topic

Can someone explain Whitney's outfit to me?  I spent the whole ep trying to figure it out.  Is it a onesie?  Is it a bolero hoodie with a cutout across the chest?  What's with the perpendicular strips across the front?  I'm completely stumped! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5

I don't know if I've cackled that hard at an episode in a long time. From Whitney and Hannah's obvious glee at getting rid of Brent to Brent's epic "I'm not as dumb as my body perceives" to the masterful edit job on Blindside 2021, it was just a fun time which is rare for an episode of Big Brother.

Props to the editors and story people - this is one of the best episodes in a long time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

Well, that was such a great episode. 10/10 for pure enjoyment. I laughed constantly. 

"I'm pleasantly surprised how well my mind is working in this game." "My body perceives my intelligence." Oh, Brent. (I'm not a monster. I do feel bad for what a complete maroon he's going to look like tomorrow, and I hope there are no serious repercussions in his life, but it sure made for a brilliant show. You can't make this stuff up.) 

I liked everybody tonight, all for different reasons. Azah in particular, because she's so kind and empathetic. 

X. was really funny, complaining about ChrisAlyss using his bed, and his plane announcement to Brent. He's a very strategic player, but not unfeeling. 

Bowlarina was hilarious, minus the vomiting. Fantastic job, editors. 

This is my favorite season in years. 

• Love 9

Such a funny episode . 

I'm not watching live feeds,  so I didn't realize they all disked Brent, even Whitney lol.

Britini is annoying me so much. I'm sure it really  is hard to be on the block and  for 2 weeks  but man her over the top crying makes me cringe. I know that sounds mean but ugh. 

Azuh is very sweet and empathetic.  

Couple weeks ago I said Brent didnt bug me as much as I thought he would have 😄

I can't imagine being around him all the time.

With all the other attractive men in the house Alyssa is attracted to Christian,  huh🤷🏾‍♀️

If i was Xavier I would have told them to get out of my bed😄.

• Love 10

This is going to make me sound dumb but I had to rewind Brent's "Master Plan" to understand it.  LOL.  I was like whaaaaaaaaat???  

I'm starting to feel badly for Brent.  (I guess we're going to go through this every week, aren't we?  LOL.). 

Watching this back is going to be so miserable 😪. Everyone's laughing at him behind his back 😢. He isn't even that bad he just loves himself so damn much.

Xavier is so ........... hot

I think I'd have to vote for Britni.  Azah would kill me.

5 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

If i was Xavier I would have told them to get out of my bed😄.

Damn!  You see how I said they were acting like Prom King and Queen.  So annoying.  Although aside from that Christian was kind of likeable this episode.  Being allied with X will do it to you

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

With all the other attractive men in the house Alyssa is attracted to Christian,  huh🤷🏾‍♀️

Tonight was the first time I could sort of see why she likes him. Maybe it was the tutu. 😁

3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Watching this back is going to be so miserable 😪. Everyone's laughing at him behind his back 😢. He isn't even that bad he just loves himself so damn much.

Exactly how I feel. He's insanely overconfident, but still, he's going to have to go back to work with tons of coworkers who will have all seen the show. It could be brutal. I hope it isn't. (Maybe he should call Frenchie for pointers on recovering from looking like a total idiot on BB.) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Honestly, I'm still a little confused about the teams (this is only my third season of American BB I think).  Do the teams restrict the voting at all?  Are you allowed to vote against your own teammates?  Are the teams just meaningful when it comes to whatever the show/Julie decrees like for challenges, Wild Cards, etc?  Thank you

• Useful 1

While I don't care if Brent goes or not, I feel sorry for the edit he's getting.  I didn't realize how sick everyone was of him and now even his own team is making fun of him.  This will feel awful in the outside world.  He's going to get the shock of his life-- I hope BB has someone to talk to him and explain things to him in a nice way before cutting him loose.  Nobody deserves to be made the public butt of the joke.  I'm not faulting the houseguests because they're inside living with him and obviously he's turned them all against him.  But it's BB who I blame for humiliating someone.  It's just a show to us and I like to be entertained but this is someone's life and I cringe when I think of how I'd feel to realize national tv audiences knew how disliked I am and are making fun of me.  😞 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I still don't know what the hell Brent was trying to say re: his body/intelligence. Belies?

Hahahahahhaaha I think he was trying to say a variation of the phrase "I'm not as dumb as I look" but he couldn't remember the saying 😆. So he said something like "My body doesn't (betray?) my intelligence"?  Something like that?  Like he has the body of a dumb person but the mind of a smart one?  😆

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I still don't know what the hell Brent was trying to say re: his body/intelligence. Belies?

I think he meant something like "My body misrepresents my intelligence." In other words, people see his giant muscles and assume someone that strong couldn't also be smart. 

I noted to Mr Melina tonight that I don't know anyone who is really intelligent who goes around talking about how intelligent they are. But if they did do it, they'd at least use the right words. 

22 minutes ago, stcroix said:

cringe when I think of how I'd feel to realize national tv audiences knew how disliked I am and are making fun of me.  😞 

Same! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This is going to make me sound dumb but I had to rewind Brent's "Master Plan" to understand it.  LOL.  I was like whaaaaaaaaat???  

I'm starting to feel badly for Brent.  (I guess we're going to go through this every week, aren't we?  LOL.). 

Xavier is so ........... hot

I think I'd have to vote for Britni.  Azah would kill me.

Damn!  You see how I said they were acting like Prom King and Queen.  So annoying.  Although aside from that Christian was kind of likeable this episode.  Being allied with X will do it to you

Not understanding Brent's master plan dosen't make you dumb. I take it as a sign of intelligence. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I noted to Mr Melina tonight that I don't know anyone who is really intelligent who goes around talking about how intelligent they are. But if they did do it, they'd at least use the right words. 

I think he said "I'm highly intelligent" at the beginning of the episode.  And that was my first thought as well, who says that about themselves?  LOL.  But then the entire episode was like a slow motion car crash and I started to feel really bad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Honestly, I'm still a little confused about the teams (this is only my third season of American BB I think).  Do the teams restrict the voting at all?  Are you allowed to vote against your own teammates?  Are the teams just meaningful when it comes to whatever the show/Julie decrees like for challenges, Wild Cards, etc?  Thank you

I don’t think they’ve had teams before.  As far as I know, no voting restrictions.    And I’d be surprised if they go on much longer….although I could be wrong.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, stcroix said:

While I don't care if Brent goes or not, I feel sorry for the edit he's getting.  I didn't realize how sick everyone was of him and now even his own team is making fun of him.  This will feel awful in the outside world.  He's going to get the shock of his life-- I hope BB has someone to talk to him and explain things to him in a nice way before cutting him loose.  Nobody deserves to be made the public butt of the joke.  I'm not faulting the houseguests because they're inside living with him and obviously he's turned them all against him.  But it's BB who I blame for humiliating someone.  It's just a show to us and I like to be entertained but this is someone's life and I cringe when I think of how I'd feel to realize national tv audiences knew how disliked I am and are making fun of me.  😞 

I hear what you're saying. This season I'm definitely seeing things in a different  way . 

I remember thinking that Travis probably had never been picked last for anything and he was for the teams, then kicked out first. Probably a real blow to his ego. 

Brent has also probably always been the center of attention and was always told he was smart and charming. with his  friends/ women because of his looks. Now he's going to look like a dolt. That the house was laughing at. 

• Love 3

Brent is a grown-ass man who decided to go on a reality show where people talk about people behind their backs in talking heads.  He apparently pissed off everyone so much his OWN TEAM wants him gone, even though it is bad for their game.  If the worst thing that ever happens to him is watching people laugh at his hubris on a show most people won't even remember months from now?  Poor. Brent. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
(edited)

I'm shocked how fast Alyssa took her cue when Christian pulled that blanket over them. She was on him like white on rice.

I always wonder how family and friends like Brent's must feel watching him make a fool of himself. Production certainly seems to be enjoying spotlighting his cluelessness. Still I wonder how Grodner really feels as more of her beefcake goes out early.

I don't know why he doesn't suspect the whole house is against him. He was just part of a whole house against Frenchie not that long ago.

P.S. Editors...you don't' fool me. I totally guarantee they took that close up of Brent Smiling when the veto was not used out of some other point in the ceremony sequence. Sorry but 20 years of watching this and I'm wise to such edits.

TIffany vs Asah...we can see where the eventual crack in The Cookout will be. X made me laugh though when he said The Cookout doesn't need any rain.

Finally the person I feel sorry for the most in the house is Whitney. She has NO clue that TIffany keeps floating her name and she's (allegedly) Brent's right hand man despite zero evidence presented on screen. I do believe she would have been quite shocked if Derek had won and used the veto and she would have been the replacement. Girl needs to wake up and see what's going on around her.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

He was trying to say, "it's hard to believe anyone this good-looking could also be highly intelligent, but here I am!"  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Wow, it really appears as though Brent never even watched a single episode of BB to prepare ! Anytime you are so sure you are right in this game, it often means you are wrong. People LIE in this game ! If I was playing and lots of people were telling me I wasn't the target, I would be really suspicious. 

On the other hand, that comp tonight is exactly why I could never be a good player-- I get dizzy if I turn around too fast ! Having to spin 15 times, I'd be on the ground getting sick most likely. If I was playing for a team, they'd hate me for sure !

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

He was trying to say, "it's hard to believe anyone this good-looking could also be highly intelligent, but here I am!"  

I know that's what he was trying to say, I just can't figure out what word he was searching for, while trying to show his intelligence. So funny. 😄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, stcroix said:

I don't. How many years has Big Brother protected players like this with the edit? Erasing all kinds of behavior for a pretty face? Two seasons ago, this show tried to convince me that a grown man demolishing a watermelon per day was charming.

So they showed that Brent wasn't self-aware. So they showed how that behavior rubbed people the wrong way. They didn't put words in his mouth. He said these things. For once, they're airing them. For once, they're showing the pretty boy, warts and all.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, leocadia said:

Can someone explain Whitney's outfit to me?  I spent the whole ep trying to figure it out.  Is it a onesie?  Is it a bolero hoodie with a cutout across the chest?  What's with the perpendicular strips across the front?  I'm completely stumped! 

Purely MHO, but I’m about certain Whitney is on BB solely to promote her exciting new line of goth bondage leisurewear.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
(edited)

Xavier at the end..."Ha, just kidding, you're going home!" Lol.

I can feel a little bad for Brent's complete delusions, but still be glad he and his perceived intelligence is gone soon. We all should have a fraction of his confidence. Wow, lol.

I don't even think he'll be hurt by this, it'll just be more proof of his total superiority that they had to get him out. The goodbyes could be brutal though.

Brit...the drama. She bugs. Enough already.

And I like Azah but I'm not sure she's meant for BB. Does she think it's all honesty, teams and comp wins? 

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I like Azah but I'm not sure she's meant for BB. Does she think it's all honesty, teams and comp wins? 

Whatever game THAT is, it sure as shit ain’t BB.  
Hell, it ain’t even Survivor.

I had high hopes for Azah when this season started, but now...?  Not so much.

• Love 7
(edited)

Hahaha that was amazing! Haven’t laughed that hard at a BB episode in forever! 

And I don’t feel one bit of sympathy for Brett. The house, (and especially his team!!) turned against him because of things that he said and attitudes that he expressed. He brought all of this onto himself.

Britini yelling to the camera how she was going to “bring it” next week and the house better “watch out!”… uh, because you’ve really shown yourself to be a power player and a comp beast so far? The house should watch for… what?

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I'm among those who say "aww poor Brent was made to look dumb by his own words and actions... it was... highlarryous!". There is no mercy rule in Big Brother. You can't run from the cameras OR your own shitty gameplay. Can't wait to see the worlds most epic blindside when Britni goes... nowhere and Brent goes to hear Julie's latest platitude in person.

That said I still call that The Cookout isn't going to last long. Their commonality may have brought them together but their differences will be what tears them apart. Big D and Azah are clearly emotional players and it sets them off from the rest of the group. If the core stays together will remain to be seen but it will at least be reformulated before the end.

• Love 7

I haven’t laughed at a season of BB like this one in a long, long time. The cabal in the workout room of Brent’s team conspiring against him was such a…moment. Whitney in that black hoodie looked like Silas in The Da Vinci Code. They’re all talking in hushed tones about how much they dislike their own teammate.

Mr. Rosebud and I laughed out loud at some of the stuff Brent said. He is so completely delusional. ‘I have the Aces. I have the Queens.’ Honey, you got gatz.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I know that's what he was trying to say, I just can't figure out what word he was searching for, while trying to show his intelligence. So funny. 😄

Maybe belies.  As in, "My body belies my intelligence."

Belies meaning:

1. (of an appearance) fail to give a true notion or impression of (something); disguise or contradict.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

They don't do teams very often, but the only restrictions are if someone on your team wins HoH, you also gain safety for the week. Plus, if you win the wild card competition, there is often some sort of additional safety offered, as well. 

Other than that, you can vote out whoever you'd like between the two nominees. 

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, North of Eden said:

I always wonder how family and friends like Brent's must feel watching him make a fool of himself.

I have no sympathy for Brent's family, they should have nipped that bragging in the bud when he was five years old.  It's just plain bad manners.

• Love 11
(edited)

So the cookout seems to be the main alliance. The alliance the members will be playing for. However, their plan was to all separate and connect with non-cookout players....ie: their teammates. It behoves each cookout member to want to keep their teams intact as much as possible. So that they have more power than other cookout members when the time comes to start picking off cookout. So maybe Azah is slightly working the Britni drama in order to keep Britni and keep their team of 3 at 3. Maybe if Britni were on another team she wouldn't care AS much about how upset Britni is. And my guess is that Britni will not be on the block next time as everyone will feel guilt (thanks to Britni's sobbing AND thanks to Azah's being so vocal against it). I think Britni may even be the last non-cookout (can we say white?) HG standing. I think it's smart of Azah. She wants other cookout members to start coughing up their white teammates. 

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

This episode bored me to tears.  Regardless of how stuck up any house guest or person in general appears to be, I get the feeling that it is a complete cover for major insecurity issues.

I feel bad for Brent.

A non-competitive household is a boring household.

Tiffany wouldn't tell Azah why Britini was ganged up on in the Wildcard competition, that ought to tell Azah that secrets are being kept from her for a reason.

Did anyone in the house pull Brent aside and tell him how he was rubbing people the wrong way?  Was there ever that discussion?   I don't like seeing people ganged up on.  Brent's over-confidence would rub me the wrong way, but for the most part he is harmless, just as long as he isn't making people feel uncomfortable by hitting on house guests that don't want to be hit on.

Brent should be told ahead of time that he is being evicted.  Anyone that is that invested in their ego, whether it is a cover for major insecurities or not, isn't going to handle the humiliating edit and eviction well at all. 

She really needs to let her game play tell the story. 

IMO, it seems like her emotions come up on her like a tidal wave, and that is why she is crying so often.  She is having a difficult time processing her emotions.  That isn't an easy thing to control.

She has autism. So, yes, she has difficulty processing emotions and reading people's true intentions from body language.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 2

I may actually have to watch this again on demand. I missed the first part of the comp due to making dinner. Ordering pizza tonight so I don't miss a thing!

This was hilarious from start to finish. Note to Grodner - more like this please! She must be in a pickle, what with a muscled dudebro on the block, but his looming boot being the best thing to happen to this show in a long time. Can't change rules or pull DR manipulation to keep him, since that will put the kibosh on the excellent blindside!

Xavier has the best DR .gif-faces. 

• Love 3

Britini gets put on the block and every diary room interview includes her saying, "I PROMISE YOU! I'm going to win ______" or "I'm going to get revenge." However, she seems like a total non factor. I guess her "revenge" is that she'll make them sit through some awkward rapping and overly hysterical crying.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

And the Reality TV Emmys go to - Derex, Whitney and Hannah for somehow, against nearly impossible odds, maintaining complete poker faces as Brent took a seat in the exercise room and explained to them how his body perceives his brain and how he knows he has their votes and he's not going anywhere.  All three of them had to keep up their act for who knows how many minutes - which could not have been easy, considering they had all just been giggling about Brent's delusion a split second before he walked in the door.  Special consideration to Derex for his absolute stunner of a deadpan expression the entire time.  It was chilling...yet wonderful.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Every season, we find ourselves saying "Wait 'til so-and-so gets home and watches the show and finds out how dumb they looked." And yet? It never really happens. Because the family they grew up in and made them that way is the same family that will coddle them, praise them, and reassure them that they were awesome and everyone loved them and they will probably be asked back because they were so great, and they will only listen to all the yes-men and hangers-on and write off any criticism as "haters." So weep not for poor Brent and his ilk. He'll be fine - but no wiser.

Britini yelling to the camera how she was going to “bring it” next week and the house better “watch out!”… uh, because you’ve really shown yourself to be a power player and a comp beast so far? The house should watch for… what?

Yeah, she's just as delusional as Brent. A comp where you can choose who to go up against and she chooses Brent? How dumb is she? And she thinks she has a shot with Derek F playing for her? That dude isn't going to win crap, ever. Not only is he as dumb as a box of rocks but he's so out of shape he couldn't even spin around.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

they will only listen to all the yes-men and hangers-on and write off any criticism as "haters."

"Haters will hate, I mean just look at me! *flexes* Annnnd I'm also wicked smahht." Yes, I can picture it now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I found it so odd and unnatural how many times Brent said something along the lines of "...but I'm not worried because I have the votes to stay..." I wonder if production got him to repeatedly say it by telling him to "say it again but with a little more oomph...say it again but with a little more confidence...say it again but with a little more...." Then they told him they'd use the best one. Idk, it was just so repetitive to me.

• Love 1

My sympathy is all for Britni, with none to spare for the arrogant musclehead.

I think Britni could probably have handled being put up for back-to-back eliminations, if she hadn't been surprised to find herself targeted during the wild card competition as well.  Come on, it must feel relentless--every time there's an opportunity to pick on someone, Britni's the goat.  

I think it's admirable that she manages to scrape up a little moxy and produce her empty threats about saving herself and fighting back.  I'd probably just be over in the corner, sniffling.

I appreciate Azah's compassion.

P.S.  Sara Beth could easily have been another chicken pecked to death by the rest of the flock, so it's kind of nice to see her nestled into the big HOH bed with the blue ribbon set.

• Love 2
On 7/28/2021 at 11:32 PM, Cotypubby said:

Flash flood alerts the next time Britini goes on the Block.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 7/28/2021 at 10:57 PM, tinkerbell said:

I thought he was trying to say my body precedes my intelligence.  But who knows. 

6 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I thought he was trying to say my body precedes my intelligence.  But who knows. 

And given every indication Brent thinks with his dick, I don’t even know if THAT’S accurate.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2