Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Carole has joked about having the title of Princess, but she hasn't used it like Luann used her Countess title after her divorce.

Didn't Luann already admit to the lie about the status of her marriage?  Why is it necessary for her to reiterate it?

She had Princess up at her birthday.  So I do think Carole does uses her title.  It is not as if we ever hear her say-"don't call me Princess."  I think where Sonja gets so confusing is she speaks about her past in the present tense.  It would have been kinder to say to Sonja-"you don't have a yacht, anymore."

Because she keeps bringing up Ramona's comments made prior to her admitting she lied.  So if you are going to drag out old chestnuts at least reiterate why the comments were made-or better yet don't go back to Season 1 or 2.  LuAnn does this repeatedly because she has no current storyline.

About Carole's relationship: I don't remember if she said they had an open relationship or not. It does ring a bell. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were rules. Him sleeping with a groupie is quite different than him sleeping with her friend. Just like her dating a stranger is quite different than her dating his bandmate. So, I could see why she would be shocked and hurt if it were true that he went after and slept with Sonja, but okay with him being with someone she doesn't have to socialize with. 

• Love 3

About Carole's relationship: I don't remember if she said they had an open relationship or not. It does ring a bell. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were rules. Him sleeping with a groupie is quite different than him sleeping with her friend.

I don't know if it says more about me or Sonja that I consider sleeping with a groupie the less risky sexual behavior.

• Love 13

I watched Alex's analysis of part 1 of the reunion and she said that there's been talk of the low ratings across all the HW franchises (ATL being the exception) and that Bravo may stop filming RH's or go to scripted drama using actresses like they are doing in RHOBH. I hope they don't do an overhaul on NYC.

• Love 3
About Carole's relationship: I don't remember if she said they had an open relationship or not. It does ring a bell. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were rules. Him sleeping with a groupie is quite different than him sleeping with her friend. Just like her dating a stranger is quite different than her dating his bandmate. So, I could see why she would be shocked and hurt if it were true that he went after and slept with Sonja, but okay with him being with someone she doesn't have to socialize with.

I do agree with this. Even if it WERE open, sleeping with her "friend" and cast mate would be crossing the line, IMO. I just thought it odd that Carole insisted they did not have an open relationship, because I thought it was kind of common knowledge that they did. Either way, Sonja handled it shitty. It seemed, to me, like she did the little coy fluttering of her eyelashes because she loved the thought of people speculating about her and didn't want to outright deny it.

• Love 8

I loved Sonia's smirk about what does Josh know about branding only to be told that he previoulsy had a branding consulting business.  Followed up by the DSM-VI side of the couch mocking Josh's product - "is it even in stores?" only to once again be beclowned with "it's everywhere."  Unlike Sonja's products.  Did that toaster oven ever make it to the stores? 

And Sonja - the JUDGE is not your employee.  Neither is the trustee.  Or the barista at Starbucks.  Every time I see Sonja, all I can think of is Lola from that Barry Manilow song "Copacabana." 

Or Angie Baby by Helen Reddy.

"...you're a special lady....living in a world of make believe..."

• Love 2

I remember Carole saying that their relationship allowed them to see other people because Russ was on tour a lot and I think they lived on opposite coasts.

Agree -- you don't go after your girlfriend's/co-worker's ex. Very bad form.

• Love 2
Maybe Aviva is paying Sonja's gas bill. I can just hear Aviva saying

Come on be on my side, Sonja, and you will have hot water all winter long! Lol.

Yup, I can believe Veevs would buy her off.  Hey, all she has to do is pay her electricity and/or water bills & maybe even pay for at least some of the house repairs & she's her friend for life.  And maybe she even bought her a dress, so she has something to wear from after 1995.

• Love 4

I'm with Carole. I don't understand that friendship at all. Growing up, my parents were not friendly with my best friends' parents, other than cordial chit-chat. It's one thing to be friendly and breezy (the sort of bonhomie Sonja undoubtedly excels at), and another to be Aviva's defender/egger-onner/apologist.

archer1267, I think the phrase you are looking for is well-wisher.

• Love 13

Yup, I can believe Veevs would buy her off.  Hey, all she has to do is pay her electricity and/or water bills & maybe even pay for at least some of the house repairs & she's her friend for life.  And maybe she even bought her a dress, so she has something to wear from after 1995.

That, and throw in a monthly facial peel and botox every 6 months.

• Love 1
(edited)

MJ and Ang in the same week? Girl you need some aloe for your cornea?

LMAO! No, it was a couple of months apart, I'm good. But actually, MJ looked really good, slimmed down. Funny because we passed each other a couple of times and I gave her the "I'm just looking at you but I'm not recognizing you" and she gave me the "You're looking at me, you must recognize me but you're acting like you're not."

Last week they were shooting a movie just outside my work building.   Starring DeNiro.  I had a Lady Sonja Morgan moment and thought to myself well, he does have some fondness for black girls.  Could not get my fat ass out there quickly enough.   They were still adjusting lights and booms and carrying on and I had to catch my train but that's my latest tellit report nyc (not even close) brush with celebrity.

An almost DeNiro sighting? Score! That's better than I usually get - I'm relegated to brushes with the celebrity craft truck. Thank you, Law and Order. Wonk, wonk.

I think where Sonja gets so confusing is she speaks about her past in the present tense.  It would have been kinder to say to Sonja-"you don't have a yacht, anymore."

That's actually exactly what Luann said - "You don't have a yacht anymore."

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 5

Asthma? Still? Boringo. This was like a modern day Inquisition and it didn't matter whether or not I was ill. Instead of basing judgements on medical facts, judgments about my health have been based on five post-menopausal bitches.

Post-menopausal. OK. Sis, you are roughly the same age as Heather, and OLDER than Kristin.  So have a stadium full of seats and shut the fuck up, you psychotic, pathetic, dumb-ass hose beast. 

So according to Sonja's definition of what an employee is, the Walmart personnel who scanned my 6 pack of Hanes Her way, spatula, milk and other items is my employee. The lady at the Chinese restaurant who took and fulfilled my order of spare ribs, pork fried rice and crab rangoon is also my employee. Good to know. Also never knew that flipping real estate meant you were a lifestyle expert. Wow, the things I don't know. Here I was all this time calling them house flippers. Somebody better tell HGTV and Jeff whathisface from Flipping Out.

This right here?  Gave me life.  Bless you!  

• Love 4

I was watching WWHL when Sonja, Lu, and Heather were on last week, and Ramona said something about Sonja's daughter being best friends with one of Aviva's children and that's why Sonja and Aviva have been cordial this season. I could have misheard, but it was something like that. Can anyone corroborate?

I love the entertainment Lu served at the reunion. Why on earth was she downgraded? She's more entertaining than the 'full-time' cast members.

• Love 1

I was watching WWHL when Sonja, Lu, and Heather were on last week, and Ramona said something about Sonja's daughter being best friends with one of Aviva's children and that's why Sonja and Aviva have been cordial this season. I could have misheard, but it was something like that. Can anyone corroborate?

I love the entertainment Lu served at the reunion. Why on earth was she downgraded? She's more entertaining than the 'full-time' cast members.

I think it was Bravo's way of teaching her a lesson when she held out for more money.

I don't think it was because of anything to do with her and Jacques misrepresenting their romantic situation.

If Bravo dared to insult our intelligence yet AGAIN with another trumped up Ramona/Sonja story (vis a vis the non-proposal from a blotto Harry with a ring borrowed from Ramona), NOTHING Luann and Jacques could have engineered would have been nearly as intellectually insulting as Bravo airing that tripe.  

A sensory-deprived person could have smelled the eau d'fuckery on that bullshit a mile away.  

Therefore, my money is on Bravo just choosing to publicly humiliate her for demanding more cash.  Kind of like the way they cut Aviva out of opening credits on the episodes where she didn't appear.  Mess with that little devil known as Andy Cohen and apparently you definitely get the horns.

• Love 2

Ms Blossom -- Thank you so much for posting Alex's video.  Very interesting.  Off to see who the two new soap opera additions to BH might be. And to look up the Daily News article she mentioned

Miss February -- You make an excellent point about Sonja's "The Secret" type fixations.  She may be visualizing too.  At one point all this begins to tip into something pathological, don't know.  What she describes as her life and her responsibilities has a weird Sonja Morgan on the Plantation vibe to it--confusing relationships with lawyers, etc., with actually being somehow in charge of a fantasy fiefdom is alarming.  

And thank you, 2 nice ladies, for enjoying my idiocies. I very much enjoy all your comments also.

The best part of these dumb shows is being able to snark and comment online, but I do worry for Sonja and would love to see her well and happy. It can feel yucky to be entertained by this kind of craziness.  I wish old man Morgan would step in, as the father of her young daughter, and take Sonja in hand -- offer her some real help and insist that she follow through.  There was an odd moment there last night where she was on the surface reacting to the all the shouting going on and cocking her head from side to side, saying the show was affecting her health.  I was, like, for real something is and it's not the shouting. 

• Love 2

LMAO! No, it was a couple of months apart, I'm good. But actually, MJ looked really good, slimmed down. Funny because we passed each other a couple of times and I gave her the "I'm just looking at you but I'm not recognizing you" and she gave me the "You're looking at me, you must recognize me but you're acting like you're not."

An almost DeNiro sighting? Score! That's better than I usually get - I'm relegated to brushes with the celebrity craft truck. Thank you, Law and Order. Wonk, wonk.

That's actually exactly what Luann said - "You don't have a yacht anymore."

Good-because I don't find anything wrong with snapping people back to the present.  I think Sonja gets caught up in yesteryear and it is exacerbated by the fact she has Josh and Heather talking the P-Diddy days, Carole talking the Kennedy, Radziwill, Clooney, Fiennes days.  Sonja would also benefit from using the term "our".  The yacht, the island and various homes were "ours" during her marriage.  She could even stretch to "ours" because of her daughter's interest in the various properties but mine or my deserves a correction.  (It is my understanding Sonja stills visits her ex's properties with her daughter.)

I have always felt that Sonja suffers from low self-esteem and she over compensates by referencing the good old days far too often.  I am curious how many times Sonja contacted Ramona during her hay days with Morgan.  Sonja strikes as someone who was and is personable and never meets a stranger but she compartmentalizes her relationships.  Maybe why she says stupid things like "my employees" instead of people I employ. So in her mind everyone from the pool guy to the trustee in her BK (who she pays) are her employees, instead of  her employing them.  At least she didn't call them her servants.  I did get her judge reference-many retired judges practice or consult and are still called "judge" socially and even by their peers.  It is kind of like the term "coach".  You can retire and people still call you "coach".

When Sonja describes her various business opportunities she sounds like a one woman "Shark Tank" , only without the money to fund the various endeavors.  I do believe people approach her all kinds of opportunities but I think she needs to realize the opportunities should come with funding.  I did appreciate the fact that Sonja uttered the words "seven million dollar judgment", it seems reality has set in for her.  I don't know when her final appeal was denied but I had not heard much of that on the show.

• Love 1

When Sonja describes her various business opportunities she sounds like a one woman "Shark Tank" , only without the money to fund the various endeavors.  I do believe people approach her all kinds of opportunities but I think she needs to realize the opportunities should come with funding.  I did appreciate the fact that Sonja uttered the words "seven million dollar judgment", it seems reality has set in for her.  I don't know when her final appeal was denied but I had not heard much of that on the show.

I would pay to see Sonja on Shark Tank.  Seriously, make it pay-per-view, I'd watch.

• Love 6

I'm not talking about Heather being ghetto or Aviva being racist. I don't think it is natural for Heather because it just doesn't seem to flow naturally off her, MMV. She reminds me of Bethenny when she does it. Like when she grabbed the mic at Carole's party. It seemed "put on." Like she was "acting." Her motherfuckers seemed very natural and flowed right out. Authentic there. The "Hey Mama!" seems like her "hey I'm easy like Sunday morning" role that she likes to play. It's just my perception of her.

Right! Everyone code changes, it's normal to change your speaking pattern and even vocabulary depending on with whom you speak.

Heather is being fake and it seems weird and not authentic.

I will start by telling you that I did not "plan it" as part of my opening title line for the show, it happened while recording my line, "My success is built on making women look and feel there best."

If this is really from her blog, she's a complete moron and I question her business-lady smarts. "THERE" best???

• Love 1

She had Princess up at her birthday.  So I do think Carole does uses her title.  It is not as if we ever hear her say-"don't call me Princess."

I guess we have to agree to disagree.  Carole's sense of humor makes me believe she finds her title amusing and probably put it up to give her guests a laugh. She doesn't have to tell people not to call her Princess because no one ever does.  She only jokes about it with friends, and we don't even see that happen very often, unlike Luann, who made sure service people knew she was a Countess and treated her like one.  I mean, the woman took it seriously, but Carole takes it for what its worth....absolutely nothing. 

• Love 13

I'm so over Ramona. Nothing she says is funny anymore. She's a mean person that can dish it but can't take it. She signed up for a realty show. She's been there long enough to know that these types of questions would be asked. The fact that she tried to turn it on Andy was stupid. He's not on the show. She can talk about everyone's marriages & their husbands but no one can talk about her precious Mario. She didn't care about the other ladies feelings of their kids when she was putting their marriages down. Why should anyone care about hers? When she said she wanted to "shut it down". I would of told her to leave if she couldn't handle it.

The more sane couch (LuAnn, Heather, Kristen & Carole) did come off bitter but I've think they have just had it with the insanity of the "crazies" (Sonja, Ramona & Aviva). I know, I personally could not tolerate them.

Aviva proved once again, she has zero to add to the show. Her entire story line was saying Carole had a ghostwriter & that she has asthma. She thought her perverted father would give her a story but that didn't work.

I really enjoyed LuAnn this entire season & last night. I like that she was giving it back to Sonja & Ramona. It's about time.

Sonja is a lost cause. She plays the sex kitten, scatterbrain role & it's over done. She can't back up anything she says. I agree with Kristen, she is "delusional".

• Love 7
(edited)

I loved the clip of Andy's response - when I put my private life on national tv, I will answer that for you.  WIN!

Not that the hosting tool with a shorter attention span than the average time it takes to take a leak doesn't have a point vis-a-vis Ramona suddenly wanting privacy in regards to her marriage that she never afforded anyone else.  But I have suffered through enough of his asinine clusterfuck of a talk show to think  bumblefuck Cohen puts enough of his own life out there that it might be apples and oranges but he and Ramona are both fruit in the glass produce dept.  Let alone his donkey toothed pudwanking mug is on tv in good part to all the women like Ramona.  She doesn't want to talk, then fire her.  But for Cohen Our Douchebag in BRAVO to act sanctimonious about Ramona wanting certain things to stay private is just as hypocritical as she is being.  So Lose.  Then again lose is pretty much Cohen in a nutshell as far as I am concerned. 

Sonja.  Damn.  That babbling brook of determined lies and nonsense was actually painful. 

What is a lifestyle expert Sonja?  "Sauerkraut"

How are you a lifestyle expert ?  "Burkina Faso"

What yacht?  "Crumbly bottomed molasses pie"

Well that is pretty much what I remember without going to the footage for a transcript.  I think she has the whole bit down pat.  She just digs her heels in and makes the most bizarre and downright stupid stance that no one can really truly refute.  Because there is no path of logic.  No real association between her assertions and her "facts" to back those up.  And so people throw their hands up in the air and Sonja considers she has won because the other person just refuses to join her in flinging feces at the wall.

I do wish someone would sit her down on camera and just hammer away one on one.  In fact if they are dragging out these reunions to several parts year after year I think it would be great to lead in by having just two wives on at time to go over specific items of note so the rest don't immediately jump ion shrieking.  Sonja really benefits from having everyone else jumping in at the the same time.  But questions a host smarter than dryer lint would ask Sonja:

If you claim you made money with your investments didn't continue doing so?

if people are paying you tens of thousands of dollars for branding advice why are you broke?  Why don't you have hot water since buildings far older than yours in NYC have no problem with such?

What is "flipping" in terms of a property.  Because its not just selling a property.  How many years was said "flipped" property a residence of yours before you "flipped" it? 

What is a judge?  How much do you pay said person to consider him on your staff?

Have you ever heard the saying a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush?  You do know that refers to wealth guaranteed is better than wealth that just might be?  Not you Harry and an male intern sleeping in on a Sunday morning?  So how do you reconcile projects that supposedly pay you in the tens of thousands versus projects that have never happened? 

All I can say is if Porscha had stormed out and yanked Sonja and Aviva by the wigs...well I wouldn't have been sad.

Edited by heebiejeebie
  • Love 8

Aviva is dull as dirt. Lawd that woman needs to go away.

Luann is my hero!!

I agree. Aviva doesn't have a story line. She lost a leg, that's sad but that's all she has. Her perverted father couldn't save her either. You know she kept bringing him on for shock value but it backfired. He's gross & she's crazy. I don't know how her husband tolerates her behavior. My hubby would tell me to knock it off & stop looking like a fool. She doesn't need the money so why make a fool of yourself? I don't get it.

• Love 3

Ugh, I hope George just goes away and is never allowed to be filmed. I know Aviva can't control his behavior, but she can and should control who is exposed to this crap. She has young children? Does she want them to think this behavior is okay? Or how hard is it to say "Dad, I love you, but your behavior is crossing the line, I am sorry, but I cannot invite you to social gatherings with my female friends anymore." Or is she afraid Dad will cut her off and out?

• Love 4

The more sane couch (LuAnn, Heather, Kristen & Carole) did come off bitter but I've think they have just had it with the insanity of the "crazies" (Sonja, Ramona & Aviva). I know, I personally could not tolerate them.

I agree, except, personally, I WOULD NOT tolerate them. That's why I was all aboard the sane couch. I didn't think they came across as bitter either. I think they used the reunion for what it was meant for. They answered back to the crazy that had been lobbed at them (figuratively and literally) all season long. 

• Love 3
Ugh, I hope George just goes away and is never allowed to be filmed. I know Aviva can't control his behavior, but she can and should control who is exposed to this crap.

And so can and SHOULD Andy and BRAVO!  There is no reason to give that creepy old guy (probably in my age group) any platform!

• Love 5

I would love to hang out with the left side of the couch.....the right side?......I would run screaming from.

Andy looked pretty pissed at Ramona when she confronted him. I hope she snipped her way out of this franchise, along with Deputy Dawg Aviva.

• Love 3

I'm kind of amazed that Aviva, who considered Ramona and Sonja to be "disgusting" at the last reunion because she was sure that they were acting like "white trash" and had seen them spooning on the bed, is suddenly offended by what she perceived as an attack on Sonja at the reunion. Seriously, her blog is as delusional as Sonja's reunion ramblings. Does she truly think the viewing audience believes that she is totally friends with Ramona and Sonja now? She could give two shits about either of them. And, they are only supporting her because she kisses their asses. 

I don't remember which poster pointed out that it's like the women think they are two different shows, but that was spot on. Aviva really thinks that she is on Jill's version of the show; the one where you overlook everything for the sake of those on "your team." While the other women think they are on a show in which sure they have to do the staged get togethers, but at least they get to show themselves in a real light even if the majority ends up not being used until some nebulous "lost footage" episode.

• Love 4
(edited)

I thought Carole and Heather laid down the law on talking about other people's marriages?  LuAnn lied the first two season, and has since admitted it, saying she was married.  She then used Season 3 as her I was married for 16 years and he cheated.  Then she screwed the pirate and thought everyone was out of line for calling her on it.  Well, LuAnn you were dating and cheating during the time-big difference between you and Ramona.  Why is it these folks need to go for the jugular?  It was not okay when Ramona and Carole called LuAnn out so what makes it okay when LuAnn does it?

I think Ramona is an idiot most of the time but she is not a cheater.

I also remember the other ladies calling out LuAnn and her marriage. LuAnn was insufferable the early seasons of the show. She was smug and condescending towards everyone from cast members to drivers that were not allowed to call her by her first name. She was constantly correcting everyone and lecturing about class. She was a fraud when the reality of her conduct off camera was well known.

I don't think Ramona is a cheater either. There's a difference between having an open marriage and discovering your husband got his side piece pregnant.

I also think another reason why Ramona doesn't want to address this is because the side piece seems a little too interested in press attention. She's been stalking Ramona trying to confront her in public places. So I could see Ramona not wanting to engage in further discussion.

Edited by charming
  • Love 5

Aviva doesn't have a story line.

None of them do.  Carol probably least of all, then Heather, Lu, Ramona, Sonja, Kristen.  Heather can start ramping up the drama surrounding Jax but what else has she got?  Carole, I got nothing. Seriously, nothing.  Aviva can go, it's been all about her this season.  Ramona is going to have to spill on Mario to keep anyone interested.  Luanne, also nothing.  And Sonja, the only thing left for her to do is to disappear completely down the drain she's been spiraling for 2 seasons.

So that leaves us with Kristen.  She can play out her crappy marriage/impending divorce and switch franchises when she ends up as Brandi's roommate.  That might make a new series...two aging out ex-model divorcees turning Beverly Hills upside down with their Drinking and Geo-caching.  Thrilling.

This franchise is over for me.  Unless Andy and Co. can flip the couches next season and make the Good Girls the Bad Girls and vice versa. He's done it before and he can do it again.  I'd like to see how he would go about it with this bunch of hens.

• Love 2

Luann was incredible.  Gorgeous too.  That woman dresses for what looks great on her and doesn't look like her face has been ruined by injections.  

Sonja...yikes.  I thought the Grey Gardens personality was an act for the show. Now I think she really is that mentally ill.

Torn on Carole's hair  I think she looks better with it lighter, but I think the dye job was suspect.  Looked like bad ombre, but the darker blonde didn't go far enough down.  

Ramona, I thought, looked great.  Her hair looked perfect.  Kristin, for all of her comments on age, should only hope she looks half as good.

Aviva...yikes.  The hair color bad, the make-up bad.  Her face always looks like it's being dragged down.  She looks haggard.

• Love 3

I laughed so hard at "They were mentally ill!" that I think I woke my neighbors up last night. So glad I cracked a "rare" mid-week bottle of wine for this one.

Several have mentioned how Luann has changed since the beginning of the series, and for me, watching how these ladies change is fascinating, and part of why I keep watching. Especially on the longer-running cities like OC and NYC.

Nobody is fooling themselves into believing these shows aren't scripted, but at the same time, they're not scripted shows with parts being played by actors. They're this strange hybrid of real people reacting to scripting situations. It must be very strange to be a "reality" star. You can't be your true self due to the scripting, but neither can you step out of character at the end of filming and be your own person.

How Luann has evolved has been fascinating. Agree with all who said she was insufferable in the initial seasons. But over the years, it seems like she's found herself, stopped fronting, and let more of her bawdy side come out. She's over Sonja and Ramona's BS, and isn't afraid to call it out. She seems more confident than ever, but not in a "Classy Countess" way. She's like an insecure teenage who's grown up.

Vicki on OC is having a similar season (though not NEARLY as refined as Luann -- it IS Vicki). She's another long-time cast member who seems to have finally found herself and some sort of happiness with her life, and isn't letting the show control her as much anymore.

Sorry for the random deep thoughts, but it kind of just clicked reading this last page of threads.

• Love 5

I don't want to be seen as defending or taking up for Aviva (as I do believe she is evil)--but, I think what she meant in reference to RHOA --was the actual physical altercations that went on during Nene's party. I don't think any of the others have had such physical assaults.

She could have mentioned New Jersey … table flipping, weave-pulling, christening tosses …. 

• Love 2
(edited)

On Carole and Russ, I think Sonja loves leaving the impression that she and Russ slept together.  While most people would never want someone thinking that was possible, I think she views that as one-upping Carole and also giving off the impression that men just can't resist that Sonja!  I don't believe for a minute it happened but Sonja certainly enjoys people thinking it did happen.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 10
(edited)

I laughed so hard at "They were mentally ill!" that I think I woke my neighbors up last night. So glad I cracked a "rare" mid-week bottle of wine for this one.

Several have mentioned how Luann has changed since the beginning of the series, and for me, watching how these ladies change is fascinating, and part of why I keep watching. Especially on the longer-running cities like OC and NYC.

Nobody is fooling themselves into believing these shows aren't scripted, but at the same time, they're not scripted shows with parts being played by actors. They're this strange hybrid of real people reacting to scripting situations. It must be very strange to be a "reality" star. You can't be your true self due to the scripting, but neither can you step out of character at the end of filming and be your own person.

How Luann has evolved has been fascinating. Agree with all who said she was insufferable in the initial seasons. But over the years, it seems like she's found herself, stopped fronting, and let more of her bawdy side come out. She's over Sonja and Ramona's BS, and isn't afraid to call it out. She seems more confident than ever, but not in a "Classy Countess" way. She's like an insecure teenage who's grown up.

Vicki on OC is having a similar season (though not NEARLY as refined as Luann -- it IS Vicki). She's another long-time cast member who seems to have finally found herself and some sort of happiness with her life, and isn't letting the show control her as much anymore.

Sorry for the random deep thoughts, but it kind of just clicked reading this last page of threads.

I do think Luann has loosened up.  But she has no storyline.  It is unusual for a RH, with one adult child and one 17 year old, to not involve her children.  I really liked Lu Ann's children.  For LuAnn to get to the top of the heap she has to give us something personal.  Not a luncheon with a Hollywood gossip columnist and a party where she shut it down and ran around talking about fruit tarts.  Maybe they need to take LuAnn's story to France or someplace she spends her time.  She has rented her Hampton's home so why is it we didn't see her NYC home?

Carole has a similar problem sitting around going through the editing process of her book she allegedly finished 18 months before filming is not interesting.  Especially discussions about commas and removing a word.  Throwing a baby shower who the viewers have no connection with is also uninteresting. How many times can she redecorate her home?

Kristen and her marriage.  Josh is an asshole, plain and simple.  When he wasn't demeaning Kristen, who always gives him a huge pass, he went after Sonja.  Kristen trying to insert herself in everyone's issues is just trite and unbelievable.  What is her next big move-putting two fingers in her mouth for an E-Boost billboard?

Heather is quite amazing in what she crams into a day.  A CEO and COO of a $60 million dollar company, a special needs child, shooting full time for RHONYC.  Are we suppose to believe that Jonathan isn't in reality a stay at home Dad or underemployed?  Because there are not enough hours in a day to do what Heather does.  Couple that Heather is in the midst of nasty lawsuit and I don't think Bravo wants to commit to showing it as the other side has already called foul on Heather litigating the issues on RHONYC. 

On to the other couch.  Aviva is over.  Her leg toss was her last great effort at saving the franchise-it worked numbers were up but her reality persona is just unbelievable.  Her go to prop George is reviled.  She does have a nice husband and kids but they are just that-nice, nothing spectacular there.  I do think Aviva went in over the top with the phobias and just crashed and burned with her miraculous recovery.  The Montana trip was an insult and only made worse by Andy Cohen saying she could have gone and sat in the lodge and read a book.  That Andy what an advocate for ADA. 

Sonja will always be entertaining and somewhat sad but she had the best lines of the season.  Isn't everyone pulling for Sonja to find reality.

Ramona is a mainstay.  Unfiltered and rude but she now has a restaurant.  I really don't ever want to see LuAnn attempt another intervention on anyone.  At some point one should be allowed to walk away.  This has been a season of Ramona on the receiving end of some pretty petty attacks.  Let her have her marriage to Mario.  These ladies can't have it both ways and claim how important their marriage is and dismiss Ramona's marriage.  Gee why hasn't Carole intervened with her oh so worldly ways and talked about how her Aunt Jacqueline never publicly discussed either of her  husband's infidelities?  Carole didn't hesitate to put her two cents worth in on RFK Jr's wife but biy could she talk a good game about her boyfriend who she claimed they weren't exclusive until after they broke up.

Can LuAnn, Ramona and Sonja ever film together again and will it be believable?

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

Too much time spent discussing disgusting George.   I intentionally did not watch any episode he was in, so I don't know what he said to Ramona. If they had spent anymore time discussing him at the reunion, I was ready to turn it off.  Note to Bravo - viewers find George appalling.  Stop with him.

I was actually glad they did particularly because last season he got the "isn't a horny old man cute?' treatment.  This reunion it was refreshing to see everyone, including Aviva, talk about how disgusting he is.  However, Aviva could easily tell her dad to "STFU" and for some reason she refuses to do so as if he has some sort of weird hold over her beyond just being her dad.

• Love 3

LuAnn got a really shitty deal.  She has done all the work of a housewife (trips, reunion, appearances, etc.), yet was demoted and got a pay cut.  What a load of crap!  Hope she comes back full-time next year.  And she would make a great co-host for Andy.  She was so good.

So, in one breath Ramona thinks her marriage/love life should be off limits and in another she is accusing LuAnn of sleeping with Sonja's boyfriends?  GET HER LUANN!

Sonja is crazier than Kelly ever was.  The woman just makes shit up and is not living in reality.  She considers the e-mails she gets from random people/companies to be potential business deals?  Hey Sonja, every week or so, I get an e-mail from a Nigerian business man who claims he will make me millions, as long as I send him some money.  I guess I will count that as a potential business deal I could be involved in!  STOP REPLYING TO SHIT IN YOUR SPAM FOLDER!

• Love 18
(edited)

So, in one breath Ramona thinks her marriage/love life should be off limits and in another she is accusing LuAnn of sleeping with Sonja's boyfriends?  GET HER LUANN!

She also meddled in Sonja's relationship by CALLING THE GUY'S MOTHER.  Ramona is such a hypocrite.  She'll discuss every other relationship on camera except her own.   I don't feel any sympathy for her whatsoever. 

Edited by candy moocher
  • Love 7
(edited)

She could have mentioned New Jersey … table flipping, weave-pulling, christening tosses …. 

I judge table flipping, etc. on RHONJ as showboating (all talk and no action) not like Apollo's "physicality" Peter jumping in -- Candi totally furious--almost losing it. Those people were not play acting-- as in Kenya's friend ?Brandon's broken ribs.

Sorry, I don't know how to "re-quote" the first part.

Edited by 1keyskat
  • Love 1
This has been a season of Ramona on the receiving end of some pretty petty attacks.

Yes, like the water attack on the Wicked Witch of the East Coast.  (Did she melt?)

"Who are you to get me wet?!" was one of my all-time favorite HW rants.

• Love 6
(edited)
Unfiltered and rude but she now has a restaurant.

What restaurant does the Moaner have?  Turtle Time?

did get her judge reference-many retired judges practice or consult and are still called "judge" socially and even by their peers.  It is kind of like the term "coach".  You can retire and people still call you "coach".

I suspect she was referring to the judge in her bankruptcy.  He is clearly not in her employ.  Honestly, I think this is a rather significant slip for her.  It shows her mental health is steadily going downhill.  And Andy Cohen doesn't give a fuck cuz he's more than happy to put up someone's slide into a mental breakdown as entertainment.

Moaner's constantly saying throwing the plastic glass was "unladylike" was maddening.  It's fuckin' assault, you asshole.

Aviva is dull as dirt. Lawd that woman needs to go away.

Yes, she was dull.  But more than that, she nasty as fuck.  Anything she said to Heather or Carole was tinged in such a horribly nasty tone.  And she was constantly sneering at anything & everything that came outta the left couch.  Watch her in the next ep.  I'm sure she'll be the same way.  She also has a creepy, creepy fucking smile.  Her compliment to Heather made me wince.

Her attitude about her father was strange.  It wasn't just a matter of her accepting him as he is, or having a "what can I do bout him" attitude.  It was more that she didn't seem to care.  She didn't care in the least what he said to Moaner & she really didn't give a fuck that he assaulted Kristen.  Honestly, I'm much more bothered Andy didn't acknowledge George molested Kristen & he (of course) didn't admit to being way, way, way off base by saying on Twitter he thought George was hilarious & nobody agreed with him.

Wow, Veevs' bleached out color is ageing her terribly.  I didn't think Carole's hair was that bad.  Not great, but Aviva's is much, much worse.

but I do worry for Sonja and would love to see her well and happy. It can feel yucky to be entertained by this kind of craziness.  I wish old man Morgan would step in, as the father of her young daughter, and take Sonja in hand -- offer her some real help and insist that she follow through.

Nah, save your worry for someone that deserves it.  Sonja does not.  She put herself in the position she's in by willfully & deliberately defrauding people.  She's lucky she isn't rotting in jail now.  Please don't be fooled by her cutesy behavior.  This woman is a con artist.  When I worked for the DA's office here in Manhattan, I prosecuted several women exactly like her.  She's not unusual in the least.  She knows how to charm people & she uses that ability to the max.  Clearly, she's fooled a lot of people & still does.  

I'd say Old Man Morgan was extremely & exceptionally generous to Sonja.  But he's obviously had enough of her bullshit at this point.  She's lucky she had a child with him.  He may take pity on her & not let her slip into homelessness and/or poverty -- yet.  But she will ultimately become her daughter's responsibility.  That's what I forsee for Sonja.  There's no way she's gonna be able to keep the townhouse.  I think the income from the show is what's enabling her to keep it.  When the Bravo cash dries up, the townhouse will be gone.

And what if Sonja slipped into poverty & homelessness?  Would the Moaner still be her good pal & friend?  Would Veevs?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

I'm happy to give Ramona privacy when it comes to Mario-gate.  I really don't care for or about either of them.  I'm not going to lie and say I won't enjoy watching her squirm, if we get to that point.  She's a nasty piece of work and has been since day one on the show.  Their marriage and super special love -- snoozeroo.  A box of condoms will probably do the trick. 

All this high dudgeon about not being asked questions concerning her marriage is puzzling.  She's been answering these sorts of questions for months now and had come up with the usual stock answers that folks are happy to accept because oh well and why not.  I get the feeling that she's decided to go all integrity-filled diva on us now as a stunt.  She's adamant about protecting her family and her marriage! She's taking a stand and shutting it down!  She's turning on Andy Cohen! Okay, whatever.  It's not hard to find out what happened and certainly not hard to figure out why. Because she's the one and only Ramona Singer, in her stunted mind, she's suddenly acting like she's Rosa Parks refusing to get up out of her seat.  

I'd prefer to see her grilled over her aggressive and selfish behavior, her vast ignorance and pride in it, and her inability to participate like a grown woman in activities that don't turn her on to the detriment of everyone else forced to work with her.  And I think she knows that, dimly, and has figured out that the way to deflect from some pretty shameful behavior this season is to become the fearless defender of privacy for reality star fame whores and spoiled brats.  Please.

On the plus side, I applaud her for making it perfectly plain that she won't have anything to do with George anymore.  That was good.  Her attempting to talk some sense into her old pal Sonja was also good.  Now of course she's back to the fanning the flames and pitting Sonja and LuAnn against each other even further.  It's dumb of LuAnn to actually say out loud that Sonja is envious of her stability but it's really irresponsible to suggest to poor, demented Sonja that LuAnn is threatened by her.  A concerned friend would make it plain that NO ONE in their right mind could possibly want what Sonja has going on.

LuAnn, after all these years, has certainly earned the right to call Ramona out on her BS.  And, yeah, LuAnn is far from perfect.  I didn't like the joy she took in humiliating Alex when they were in Morocco, for instance, and I'm glad she's getting over the Countess jazz.  But I'll be happy watching her put Ramona on the hot seat for a few seconds. And I'd love to see Andy Cohen stop coddling Ramona and kissing her ass.  This is one of the tackiest and most unpleasant women on television and she's been at it forever and a day.  High time she got taken down several notches. 

• Love 6

I usually find Alex's commentary interesting, but have never found it to be any more insightful or revealing than educated speculation- a moderate fan who reads articles on Radar could draw the same conclusions. But this is the first that I'm hearing about Eileen Davidson joining Beverly Hills, and I'm completely psyched- the news is enough to get me to watch the new season, and I had originally decided to pass since Brandi and Yolanda were invited back.

It's not that I earnestly like Aviva (although choosing between her and LuAnn to interact with in a superficially social context would be a no-brainer for me compared to the rest of the ladies), but I don't find her especially egregious compared to the other women (they're all unappealing to me). Case in point: her head-rolling and invocation of the slang term "ghetto" is racist, but Heather's gesticulating and use of urban vernacular isn't? To be clear, I find Heather's shifts between linguistic patterns to be unnatural and ersatz- even if code-switching is a sociological phenomenon, I think her strategies of speech are variant enough to have at least been conscious decisions when she first adopted them. Her talking heads are completely distinct from how she articulates herself In certain one-on-one interactions. And when she's angry, she drops g's more pronouncedly, mangles her grammar, and becomes more theatrical in her gestures. "Don't tell me nothin', you fuckin' fucker!" So I'm of the opinion that she is definitively and deliberately utilizing language and patois as tools to appear more menacing. And to me, that's Aviva's point. MMV, but I don't think Aviva's mockery of Heather is any more reliant on racism, bigotry, or stereotypes than Heather's code-switching in and of itself.

This reminds me of the reaction to Aviva's, "what, are you lovers or something?" remark to Heather earlier this season. There was nothing homophobic about that to me. It wasn't analogous to "what, are you lesbians/gay or something?" from my view. She was highlighting the fact that Heather had been devoted to Carole to the extent that she literally commandeered Aviva's disagreement with the Princess and tried to eject her from a house that she didn't even own, not ridiculing homosexuality.

As for the Rush Limbaugh name-check, she was emphasizing his insincerity as a analogy. . .  but then I'm just impressed any time a Wife references any book or cultural or political figure, because such allusions are so few and far between.

• Love 5

So yeah. Aviva is in a tough position trying to defend her behavior and her father's behavior. 

Everyone seems to agree that Sonja is just spouting nonsense

Kristen is trying her best to play ball but she still doesn't really know what she's doing and her big move right now seems to just be making funny/loud noises (e.g. sticking her fingers in her ears and saying "la la la la la" and singing "delusional" at Sonja.)

I don't like Heather but she's coming across as the most rational. 
So far Carole has been making some snide comments but I think she's sitting back until Bookgate erupts.

Luanne is actually the worst as far as those side comments and little digs go.

• Love 1