Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

They just showed a First Look of the reunion, part one. It doesn't appear as though Aviva is trying to be contrite, like she tried to do at her first reunion. They showed the clip of her saying "STFU" at the play date with Kristen and their kids, and she said kids hear that word all the time, so it's no big deal. She also blamed Kristen for provoking her, yet even Andy pointed out that all Kristen said was that she didn't want to get involved. It reminds me of something being talked about in today's news - the ESPN talking head Stephen A. Smith blaming Ray Rice's wife of provoking her own beating by her husband. Man. People need to own their mistakes.

They also showed a quick preview of Ramona getting asked questions about Mario, and it got HOT in that room.

• Love 2

Aviva is so self righteous.  Even when presented with the facts, she doesn't acknowledge them, she excuses them.  I had to chuckle when she acted as if she's a reality show vet by letting Kristen know what's acceptable and what's not.   That whole couch should be called delusional.

• Love 5

Aviva is so self righteous.  Even when presented with the facts, she doesn't acknowledge them, she excuses them.  I had to chuckle when she acted as if she's a reality show vet by letting Kristen know what's acceptable and what's not..

Great catch. "As a rookie, no offense, you wouldn't know this...." Is she serious with that?

Also, an update: apparently Kristen got a boob job. An anniversary gift. Not sure for who.

• Love 3

Aviva is so self righteous. Even when presented with the facts, she doesn't acknowledge them, she excuses them. I had to chuckle when she acted as if she's a reality show vet by letting Kristen know what's acceptable and what's not. That whole couch should be called delusional.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Aviva and Shannon from the OC are two spoiled birds of a feather. I don't think either has ever really been held accountable for their behavior in their entire lives. They both completely deflect any responsibility they may have for creating the chaos in their lives. Shannon seems to have much less of a mean streak that Aviva so I'll give her that, but I cannot imagine dealing with either one if those overgrown, overindulged toddlers in real life.

• Love 7

Great catch. "As a rookie, no offense, you wouldn't know this...." Is she serious with that?

Also, an update: apparently Kristen got a boob job. An anniversary gift. Not sure for who.

Kristen's breasts looked the same to me -- way too low. She needs to wear a bra.

• Love 3

Once Kristen said the children didn't hear the STFU, Aviva should have just said-then this conversation is really irrelevant.  Or is she had to keep chattering she could have mentioned that Kristen takes an action and applies a bunch of what ifs. . . what if the wine glass cut my face and what if I could no longer model.  From the conversation I saw it sounded as if Kristen, either on her own inclination or at that direction of production was suppose to get a rise out of Aviva over the stupid Bookgate situation.

I may stand alone here but the offensive part of STFU to me is the shut up.  I don't want my kids saying it and I certainly would not say it someone and would not appreciate someone telling me to shut up.

Since Kristen claims to let her children what the show I think she should be far more concerned about the way she and her husband are portrayed to the world.  Something tells me they get to hear it first hand quite a bit.

• Love 5
(edited)

I know Kristen is annoying, and she does whine and does not let things go.

However, both Aviva and Ramona brush off what they say and do as no big deal. And that would piss me off. Telling some one to "shut the fuck up" hell even telling someone to "shut up" would have had me gathering my children and walking out of there, even if my kids did not hear it. It is rude and dismissive.

Of course, there have been times I have wanted to scream stfu at people who annoyed me but I didn't.

I'm not sure if the Ramona glass incident was discussed in the first look or on a clip I watched on Bravo. But once again Ramona tries to minimize the incident by making it very clear it was not glass but plastic. And says her intention was not to hurt Kristen. Well, hell then that's OK Ramona, you crazy wacky bitch!

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

Since Kristen claims to let her children what the show I think she should be far more concerned about the way she and her husband are portrayed to the world. Something tells me they get to hear it first hand quite a bit.

Why would Kristin say that? Her children are 5 and 1.

• Love 1

Wow, the tension in that reunion scene was absolutely palpable.  

I have a sneaking suspicion this reunion is going to make the "blonds versus brunettes" reunion look like a cakewalk.

I almost yelled HALLELUJAH when I saw Ramona.  Thankfully she's wearing something that actually looks fabulous on her.  In fact, I was so impressed by how great Ramona looked (personality aside, of course) that I can't even remember what any of the other women were wearing.

I'm glad Andy noticed Kristen's new breasts.  Had he not pointed it out, I would have never noticed on my own.  Maybe it was the dress, but they looked totally the same as they always have to my weary eyes.

Okay, now the countdown begins for Round 1.  Errr, episode 1.    *wringing my hands*

Why would Kristin say that? Her children are 5 and 1.

It was kind of disjointed.  Andy asked about their taglines and the conversation went to Ramona being a drunk with her "Turtle Time" line.  Ramona said something along the lines of Turtle Time means having fun.  Kristen-just because she has to chirp in about everything, said when the show comes on her son calls it "Turtle Time".   It sounded almost as if Kristen was trying to defend Ramona.

I think if any of the RHs kids are filmed their parents let them watch the show.  I remember Teresa saying something about her daughter Gia not watching the christening debacle and Caroline said-she was sitting right there in the basement watching it with us.

• Love 1

It was kind of disjointed.  Andy asked about their taglines and the conversation went to Ramona being a drunk with her "Turtle Time" line.  Ramona said something along the lines of Turtle Time means having fun.  Kristen-just because she has to chirp in about everything, said when the show comes on her son calls it "Turtle Time".   It sounded almost as if Kristen was trying to defend Ramona.

I think if any of the RHs kids are filmed their parents let them watch the show.  I remember Teresa saying something about her daughter Gia not watching the christening debacle and Caroline said-she was sitting right there in the basement watching it with us.

Ah yes, I do remember her saying that. I'm not sure I would consider that the same as letting him watch it. I can't imagine a five year understanding anything other than seeing his parents on TV. Of course by the time kids are old enough to understand reality tv, it's too late to shield them. I feel so bad for Sonja's daughter.

I almost yelled HALLELUJAH when I saw Ramona.  Thankfully she's wearing something that actually looks fabulous on her.  In fact, I was so impressed by how great Ramona looked (personality aside, of course) that I can't even remember what any of the other women were wearing.

Ramona's dress looked great - no shiny blue satin!  And she looked quite thin.  She is sitting oddly though.

• Love 1

I haven't seen the preview, but she did that on WWHL last week too! Very stiff and posed, kind of seated sideways on the chair. She is either trying to emphasize or to hide something.

• Love 3

I haven't seen the preview, but she did that on WWHL last week too! Very stiff and posed, kind of seated sideways on the chair. She is either trying to emphasize or to hide something.

It was strange the way she sat on WWHL. She had herself facing the wrong direction. I seem to recall the show opened with the three of them sitting the same way. Heather and Luann switched, it was as if Ramona couldn't. Very awkward.

(edited)

I'm not sure if the Ramona glass incident was discussed in the first look or on a clip I watched on Bravo. But once again Ramona tries to minimize the incident by making it very clear it was not glass but plastic. And says her intention was not to hurt Kristen. Well, hell then that's OK Ramona, you crazy wacky bitch!

That's always been a pet peeve of mine, too. People use "it wasn't my intent" to excuse their bad behavior. It's not ok. Regardless of your intent, you threw a glass at someone, you said the f-word in front of kids, whatever.... You need to own what you did and learn from it. Your intent is irrelevant, and only serves to diminish the offense. (/rant over).

It was strange the way she sat on WWHL. She had herself facing the wrong direction. I seem to recall the show opened with the three of them sitting the same way. Heather and Luann switched, it was as if Ramona couldn't. Very awkward.

It was totally intentional. Ramona's a veteran. She was sitting on the chair in a way to get the best camera angle (45 degree angle). Did she succeed? Sure, but she looked ridiculous trying so hard, and was called out for it.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 6

Maybe Ramona did something to her face and there is a scar or something that is slightly visible from the other side, so she is trying to hide it?  Andy even asked her on WWHL about the sitting.

I thought Kristen already had the boob job before the season filmed - after she had the kids; didn't she already admit this?  Did she have another?  

Ah yes, I do remember her saying that. I'm not sure I would consider that the same as letting him watch it. I can't imagine a five year understanding anything other than seeing his parents on TV. Of course by the time kids are old enough to understand reality tv, it's too late to shield them. I feel so bad for Sonja's daughter.

Yea, I cannot imagine first of all her allowing them too watch it, but more importantly that even the 5 year old would pay attention for more than 5 minutes. More than likely she has let them see "mommy on TV" as in letting them see a bit to understand what it is that mommy is doing and why those cameras are now in their face and in their home.

Besides, just like Shannon on the OC, those kids won't have to watch mommy and daddy fight and interact by watching TV. They are seeing it first hand all the time.

• Love 1

Maybe Ramona did something to her face and there is a scar or something that is slightly visible from the other side, so she is trying to hide it?  Andy even asked her on WWHL about the sitting.

I thought Kristen already had the boob job before the season filmed - after she had the kids; didn't she already admit this?  Did she have another?  

I was thinking maybe Ramona was post operative tummy tuck or liposuction and was compensating for it.  She had a lot of comments about her pooch this year.

I just remember Kristen saying on WWHL she had had a boob job.  She didn't give a date.

I thought that Ramona was sitting that way to minimize/show off her tummy. She was criticized quite a bit for her pooch, and she seemed to have lost it by the time of the WWHL filming,I thought she might still be self conscious about it during the show. So, I figured she was trying to show her tummy at it's best advantage. She seemed to have lost the pooch, but it also appeared that she was trying to sit at an angle that made it appear even flatter for the camera.

She looks like an idiot. The harder she tries, the more foolish she looks. Takes me back to season 3 when she sashayed down the cat walk with a side pony, looking like a ding-dong trying to walk like a supermodel with her eyes all bugged out.

• Love 10
Part 1 of 3. The Big Apple ladies gather for a reunion hosted by Andy Cohen. Included: Ramona is cornered about her behavior toward Kristen in Montana; Aviva addresses her use of foul language in front of children; and Carole confronts Sonja about rumors and gossip.
  • Love 2

Curious: Kristin clarifying that many women were hot for Fabio many years ago.

Nick Gregory was interested in Ramona? My opinion of him just plummeted.

LuAnn was pretty darned gracious during the LuMan discussion. And during the entire First Look, actually.

• Love 4

Part 1 of 3. The Big Apple ladies gather for a reunion hosted by Andy Cohen. Included: Ramona is cornered about her behavior toward Kristen in Montana; Aviva addresses her use of foul language in front of children; and Carole confronts Sonja about rumors and gossip.

…three parts…really.  I'll just skip the reunion and get the abbreviated version here.

…three parts…really.  I'll just skip the reunion and get the abbreviated version here.

Cyberjawa, you are already miles ahead and smarter than me. I just can't quit these bitches. I will see this out until the bitter end. 

LuAnn was pretty darned gracious during the LuMan discussion. And during the entire First Look, actually.

Luann is too good a sport when it comes to those two. Luann could have easily decimated both those clowns this season and she didn't. The countess maybe a bit pretentious but I do get the sense that she at least strives to have some manners and be gracious to others as opposed to the Hostess with the least Sonja and Pinot bloated Ramona.

• Love 10
(edited)

Luann is too good a sport when it comes to those two. Luann could have easily decimated both those clowns this season and she didn't. The countess maybe a bit pretentious but I do get the sense that she at least strives to have some manners and be gracious to others as opposed to the Hostess with the least Sonja and Pinot bloated Ramona.

Totally agree with you. And I love what msblossom added, although I have to figure out how to quote two different posters. I knew how to do it at TWOP... Edited by hoodooznoodooz
(edited)

If you figure out how to quote more than one person please let me know as I can't seem to get it to work either, and I knew how to do it on TWoP as well.

Totally agree with you. And I love what msblossom added, although I have to figure out how to quote two different posters. I knew how to do it at TWOP...

You can quote as many posters as you want by clicking the quotation marks in the bottom right corner of each of the postings you want to quote. The posts will collect in the reply area that pops up.

Hope this helps!

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 5
(edited)

If you figure out how to quote more than one person please let me know as I can't seem to get it to work either, and I knew how to do it on TWoP as well.

I'm like a crotchety old lady: "These new-fangled websites, pain in my neck... Why can't they just bring back my TWoP --and while we're at it, bring back my typewriter. This computer is too fancy."

Are you an Elvis Costello fan, too?

Thank you very much, shoegal!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 4
(edited)

I am no fan of Aviva in the least, but I think it may be a little reaching to call her a racist. An idiot, yes. A racist? I'm not so sure about that.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 7

I find Aviva suspect. From her quoting Rush Limbaugh to the snippet of her remark about Heather not being from the ghetto (where I think she's using "ghetto" as a stand in for another word), Aviva strikes me as bigot. 

• Love 7

Aviva is shown mocking Heather's use of slang and profanity, telling her she's not from the ghetto. Complete with stereotypical mannerisms. But you know old Veevs is going to spin it as "All the colors of the rainbow can come from the ghetto! I was referencing the ghetto not making fun of Black people! I. Love. Black. People."

I am not a fan of political correctness but my goodness Aviva makes me cringe.

I was really put off by that little snippet as well, and I certainly believe that the whole discussion has negative racial undertones.   I'm a college educated, upper middle class blonde headed white woman and I'm prone to using slang and profanity, even a little head roll and you might even get the hand.  It's part of my upbringing and personality, I don't know why it's such an issue around Heather.  It seems authentic to Heather. 

• Love 4

I find Aviva suspect. From her quoting Rush Limbaugh to the snippet of her remark about Heather not being from the ghetto (where I think she's using "ghetto" as a stand in for another word), Aviva strikes me as bigot.

Oh, she is suspect, all right. I actually think that she will say ANYthing about ANYone, as long as it will serve her purpose at that moment.
  • Love 3

I think Aviva reads blogs and boards about the housewives.  I have read many people calling Heather out on her use of Holla and her MF thing at Lu's house.  JMHO Aviva's just repeats things to try to find something fans will be on her side about (tm Kristin).

• Love 1

Aviva makes me shiver. What a sociopath. That woman is EVIL and I hope she's done.

Caroline-Blond is not your friend. Sorry

Moving on now

IMO, I   she's dysfunctional in some ways, but she's not a sociopath.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hate to say it, cuz I can't stand Veevs, but she's not off on this one.  A lot of people (including me) have been super annoyed by Heather's ghetto talk.  Veevs pointing out how silly she seems taking it on doesn't bother me.  But this kinda talk could easily get her into trouble.  Hope so.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
(edited)

Why is it "ghetto" talk?

To be clear, not any one of these women engage in formal discourse, so I don't get why Heather saying "Holla" is ghetto or a problem. Or that she said "motherfucker" is "ghetto"? Like, for real? "Motherfucker"? Meanwhile, Aviva tells someone to "Shut the fuck up" and no one clutches pearls about what it means or if it means that she's trying to be "ghetto."

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 10

I think Holla! isn't natural for Heather.  Motherfucker sure and STFU sure when she is mad and lets loose.  But Heather isn't living the Holla! life.  Sure she hung out with P. Diddy or Puff Daddy (whatever he is going by now) for work years ago.  

She does seem very chameleon-like and adopts the lingo of her surroundings, but it isn't authentic or natural sounding, nor is her "mama!"  Frankly, it sounds juvenile more than ghetto to me when she uses it.  She's a business woman who takes great pride in being articulate when she speaks down to us in her talking heads.  So when she gets into the generic slang, it sounds unnatural for her.  Not because she is white, but because where she is in her life right now.  She is too "businessy" and too articulate and precise in every other moment in her life.  Not so casual or slangy.

• Love 5

What is a Holla! life??

I think Holla! isn't natural for Heather.  Motherfucker sure and STFU sure when she is mad and lets loose.  But Heather isn't living the Holla! life.  Sure she hung out with P. Diddy or Puff Daddy (whatever he is going by now) for work years ago.  

She does seem very chameleon-like and adopts the lingo of her surroundings, but it isn't authentic or natural sounding, nor is her "mama!"  Frankly, it sounds juvenile more than ghetto to me when she uses it.  She's a business woman who takes great pride in being articulate when she speaks down to us in her talking heads.  So when she gets into the generic slang, it sounds unnatural for her.  Not because she is white, but because where she is in her life right now.  She is too "businessy" and too articulate and precise in every other moment in her life.  Not so casual or slangy.

Honestly, because I love language so much, I don't see how this is a knock on Heather. The expectation of "formal" (which I put in quotation marks because, like I said earlier, none of these women speak in any sort of formal manner) language 100% of the time just seems unrealistic. How one speaks to her boss, for example, is not the way that she'll speak to her husband or to her child. Code switching is quite a normal part of speaking life. 

• Love 11