Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Sexual Heeling

Message added by TexasGal,

Real time events such as current news about crew members are spoilers in the episode thread.  These can be discussed in the media thread.

• Start Topic

An uncomfortable Jacuzzi party ends in a screaming match that Daisy attempts to mediate but fails to do; Colin brings the department heads together for a much-needed meeting that leaves everyone feeling motivated.

Airdate: 06.07.2021

I love Colin.  Gary is a “F” boy. In my opinion the worst person in this triangle is Sidney.  I believe that Gary told her the night they had sex that it was just that, sex.  Sidney seemed to want more but Gary wasn’t interested.  Then Ali breaks it off because of Sidney and Sidney reciprocates by going topless in the hot tub, nice!

• Love 12

If Alli reconsiders and gets back together with Gary I hope she remembers that his response to an argument is to walk away. He’s one of those jerks who wants a girl as long as he is getting whatever he wants and bails if something gets difficult. 

• Love 11

I get that Dani at 32 wants kids, but I don't think JL is Daddy material.

What a dumb move Daisy! Getting Alli up to the hot tub knowing Gary was with a topless Sydney.  Producer shenanigans?  Topless only freaks out Americans.

This may be the drunkest they've been all season.

This "love triangle" is soooo tiresome.  They can all go away.

Glenn has been blinded by Gary's radiant personality.  Ugh! Natasha should be a decent crew chef for this voyage.  Less people and less fancy.  It's roughly 1300 miles from Split, Croatia to Palma

We'll see how Colin's pep talk works.

Have guests ever been late before?  Then they Covid out.  Boom!

So our "beloved" crew get to serve other yachties for 24 hrs?  It has potential.

• Love 6

Dani & J.L. are cringing me big time. I don't know what this "love" talk is. 

Gary should be tossed overboard. Sydney can dive in after him. Alli- I'm not sure about anymore but she's pissing me off with her lack of self control. She needs to totally get rid of Gary once & for all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

So I thought this was all about the below deck med people coming on board?

People from the actual boat that BDM will use this season, not the cast.

• Useful 8

They cast the crew who would party a lot more than the first season crew.

Mission accomplished.

The commercial they showed for the upcoming of BDM, they're all dancing and singing.  The network must think this is what viewers want to see, people who like to live it up, mug for the cameras, etc.

They may not be wrong, though curious to see what the ratings are compared to the first season.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Natasha should be a decent crew chef for this voyage.  Less people and less fancy. 

Glen was making a big deal about the "bougie breakfast" as if that's a tall order? It's just a bunch of fattening American breakfast fare, plus easy cocktails (what could be easier than bloody marys and mimosas?)

Gary's walking away when Alli was trying to have a discussion was infuriating for sure, but let's be honest, everyone was blotto and there's no way any good can come of a serious discussion when you're drunk. 

• Love 7

Natasha really rubs me the wrong way. Oh sure, she has a meticulously  starched and pressed chef jacket, very cognizant of how she looks, but then complains about the simplest of actual cooking duties. Water has finally found its level, she’ll be a great crew chef on a repositioning sailing. 
Glen is disappointing me more and more. Yes, he’s a very nice guy, but a ship needs a captain, a boss, a protector, a “buck stops here” leader. Glen tries to please everyone and be everyone’s friend. Doesn’t work that way on the water. Can you imagine Glen having a “come to Jesus” moment with a crew member? It’s not right, but some people mistake kindness for weakness. 
Now Gary, where do I start? He acts like an adolescent dick causing strife all season and gets rewarded by Glen with a new job offer because “he so deserves it” (or something like that)…seriously???? If it were me, I’d hand him his final tip and be glad I’d never see him on my teak again. 😀

• Love 9

there's no way any good can come of a serious discussion when you're drunk. 

This is true in any situation if there is drinking involved.  I do think Alli came unhinged more because of the crap Gary and Sydney pulled at dinner than the topless hot tub.  And of course she was very drunk.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

This is true in any situation if there is drinking involved.  I do think Alli came unhinged more because of the crap Gary and Sydney pulled at dinner than the topless hot tub.  And of course she was very drunk. 

I was wondering why Alli didn't mention Gary and Sydney flirting at dinner. She seems to only remember the most recent dick move Gary makes. Maybe that's why the same thing happens every time...they have a drunken screaming match, which is followed by a conversation the next day where Gary apologizes and Alli says they can only be coworkers/friends. Then a day later, she's cuddling with him again. The cycle just keeps repeating itself and it's not fun to watch at all.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jsage said:
4 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I was wondering why Alli didn't mention Gary and Sydney flirting at dinner. She seems to only remember the most recent dick move Gary makes. Maybe that's why the same thing happens every time...they have a drunken screaming match, which is followed by a conversation the next day where Gary apologizes and Alli says they can only be coworkers/friends. Then a day later, she's cuddling with him again. The cycle just keeps repeating itself and it's not fun to watch at all.

And Daisy must have been very drunk to encourage Sydney to go topless in hot tub with Gary.  Then run in and tell Alli about it.  I know she said it being funny but Alli didn't see it that way and a sober Daisy would have known that. That's why I think Daisy was way drunk!

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe I'll be alone, but it doesn't really matter WTF is happening or not happening with Alli and Gary, Sydney can go topless or not (also, they're in FUCKING EUROPE for fuck's sake) and any shrieking fit or anger felt by Alli is the fault of Alli.  WTF is Gary supposed to do, DEMAND OfGary - I mean Sydney - cover herself?  

Granted, they are all children, but I'm sorry, Sydney - weird, clingy, messy Sydney - was way less of a child than Alli in every way that episode.  "I have decided due to my moral code that we can't screw around.  I have also decided all the things the two of you can't do as well."

No.  No, no, no.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, dleighg said:

Gary's walking away when Alli was trying to have a discussion was infuriating for sure

I think I would have to disagree that Alli was "trying to have a discussion".  But again, as above, perhaps I'm just seeing this differently than everyone else.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think JL looks more like Herman Munster than Lurch. See, cigarette and all.

I don’t even know what the fuss was about, didn’t Alli say she was going to back off since she found out about Gary and Sidney? Now she’s upset? Get a grip people you have one more charter and you won’t be around each other what’s the point? Plus, I’m tired of watching Alli make those weird expressions with her rubber lips and head movements when she’s talking. 

JL and Dani - blech.

26AEEFEE-C14D-456E-BBF3-AA24E59721DA.jpeg

• Love 14

I very much enjoyed drunk Daisy.  Would be happy to see both her & Colin return for another season. And, of course, Captain Glen.  Sorry, I just adore him.

Bored watching Dani & JL, although it was nice to see them treat each other respectfully. I also couldn't help but wonder if the baby making occurred on board.  It was odd how baby crazy she was.  Rumors that he skipped the reunion.  Interesting.

How can Sydney not be mortified watching Gary talk about banging her just to get back at Alli? He also asked her not to touch him twice, once at dinner and again in the hot tub. Has she no shame? Huge cringe.

• Love 12

Looking forward to the reunion show. Jerry O’Connell was on Watch What Happens Live last night and said we may have watched JL and Dani make a baby.  Andy said they filmed the reunion a couple of weeks ago and this was discussed.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 6/7/2021 at 9:14 PM, PaperTree said:

I get that Dani at 32 wants kids, but I don't think JL is Daddy material.

What a dumb move Daisy! Getting Alli up to the hot tub knowing Gary was with a topless Sydney.  Producer shenanigans?  Topless only freaks out Americans.

This may be the drunkest they've been all season.

This "love triangle" is soooo tiresome.  They can all go away.

Glenn has been blinded by Gary's radiant personality.  Ugh! Natasha should be a decent crew chef for this voyage.  Less people and less fancy.  It's roughly 1300 miles from Split, Croatia to Palma

We'll see how Colin's pep talk works.

Have guests ever been late before?  Then they Covid out.  Boom!

So our "beloved" crew get to serve other yachties for 24 hrs?  It has potential.

Seriously these people are so high school, every one of them! I can’t believe the chartered guests wouldn’t give them any notice, just not show up?

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, endure said:

I can’t believe the chartered guests wouldn’t give them any notice, just not show up?

In Times of COVID?  Maybe they were fighting fighting fighting to go and just failed, who knows?  I can forgive it, but I'm reasonably sure the "let's stand around and wait" was a bit choreographed.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I'm reasonably sure the "let's stand around and wait" was a bit choreographed

not to mention that are we really to believe that the guests typically show up at 1:00 pm + zero seconds? All I could think about was that champagne sitting there on the tray getting warm and flat. Has anyone here gone on a trip like this? Do you really show up at the precise time to find everyone waiting for you?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, endure said:

Seriously these people are so high school, every one of them! I can’t believe the chartered guests wouldn’t give them any notice, just not show up?

How soon before boarding do they do Covid tests?  

15 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Colin sniffed out his cleanest dirty shirt for nothing

I thought about the dirty shirt thing when I realized they'd all sweated up their "guest" shirts for nothing. I guess some poor stew has to do another load of laundry.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

I think JL looks more like Herman Munster than Lurch. See, cigarette and all.

I don’t even know what the fuss was about, didn’t Alli say she was going to back off since she found out about Gary and Sidney? Now she’s upset? Get a grip people you have one more charter and you won’t be around each other what’s the point? Plus, I’m tired of watching Alli make those weird expressions with her rubber lips and head movements when she’s talking. 

JL and Dani - blech.

26AEEFEE-C14D-456E-BBF3-AA24E59721DA.jpeg

IMO that dopey-faced Jean Luc resembles Wolverine, with those awful mutton chop sideburns of his.  Unfortunately none of the Wolverine photos I was trying to find for comparison purposes have Hugh Jackman looking as stupid as Jean Luc always looks, so don't go by the facial resemblance, because there is none.  It's solely based on the facial hair.

Wolverine Hugh Jackman 2.jpeg

Wolverine lookalike Jean Luc.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

not to mention that are we really to believe that the guests typically show up at 1:00 pm + zero seconds? All I could think about was that champagne sitting there on the tray getting warm and flat. Has anyone here gone on a trip like this? Do you really show up at the precise time to find everyone waiting for you?

As much money as people pay for the trips, I think they are all there on time.  Plus the TV show wants to film them strolling down the dock so they probably have to get there early to do makeup and get miked.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ugh, I can't stand these horrible, horrible, immature people. Gary and Sydney are the most vile people on this boat. Alli should just drop the entire idea of Gary as a potential not r wind. She is in for a world of hurt if she thinks he will change. Colin's "productive" come to Jesus moment seemed a little thinner to me than he seemed to think it was. "Lets work together better! Lets communicate!" "Yes, we can do better, yes!" Um, that's it? How about, just for starters: Gary, keep your horny paws off your subordinates. Natasha, I am not sous cheffing if you can't organize and prep crew and guest meals in good time. Daisy, if you're pissed off at someone on your level, you have every right to tell them and not just slag them off to me. I would have preferred to see that instead of "Love Triangle Around the Hot Tub." But then this is Bravo, so why do I even bother.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I noticed that little fella that drives the boat doesn't go toot the horn when the guests are leaving this year.

It was probably pissing off the other docked vessels and they complained!😡 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/9/2021 at 8:23 AM, dleighg said:

All I could think about was that champagne sitting there on the tray getting warm and flat.

That's all I could think about too, and I don't even like champagne.

I forget where they were last season--Spain?  Maybe Spain allows tooting and Croatia doesn't.  :-D  

I think Glenn was just not that familiar with the word "bougie" nor how to pronounce it.

I'm wondering whether Dani followed JL in to his cabin because if Glenn was sound asleep, she would have joined JL in his bunk.  Glenn seemed rather taken aback when she came in!

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 1

Is this the first time charter guests who were named in the pref sheet meeting didn't show up?

Suggests that Bravo vetted them so they may appear on another BD show.  They were from San Francisco, worked in tech.

They probably have some backup guests, maybe even have them within a couple of hour flight, though it might be tough to do during these times.

What are the odds they just happened to have people wiling to come on a TV show and get filmed?

Unless this switch was planned all along?  Because it appears the crew is making a big deal about having to serve other yachts.

• Useful 2

I love Below Deck and watch it religiously and this is the first series I can not find anything worthwhile to talk about.

The crew is forgettable and not one of them is interesting. An epic fail this season.

• Love 3

It seems this crew, and maybe all sailing crews, have an inferiority complex when it come to MV crews.

Before the first BDSY season, Kate was hosted for a day on Parsifal and she said she was impressed at the high level of service, recognizing they have more stressors than a MV.

I was team Alli at first -- if Gary wasn't interested in Sydney beyond  fuck, well, that's her tough luck.

But if Alli breaks up with Gary prior episode, who the fuck is she to bitch that he's in the hot tub with a topless woman?   Or am I wrong and they didn't break up last episode?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

But if Alli breaks up with Gary prior episode, who the fuck is she to bitch that he's in the hot tub with a topless woman?   Or am I wrong and they didn't break up last episode?

I *think* her attitude was "it's not nice to Sydney to be affectionate in front of her. So we are "just friends" for the duration of the work. Then who knows. So I guess in her mind they are "on hold" so if he wants to get it on (not that he was) with Sydney, then the "after" possibility is off. But she was drunk so I don't think she was particularly articulate. And I'm not even sure it was that clear in her mind, even when she wasn't drunk. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I *think* her attitude was "it's not nice to Sydney to be affectionate in front of her. So we are "just friends" for the duration of the work. Then who knows. So I guess in her mind they are "on hold" so if he wants to get it on (not that he was) with Sydney, then the "after" possibility is off. But she was drunk so I don't think she was particularly articulate. And I'm not even sure it was that clear in her mind, even when she wasn't drunk. 

I don't understand the thrill of Gary in the first place!  But I also think you can't expect the person you were dating to tap dance around you if you said, "for now, friends, maybe more later."  

And if I'm Gary, I'd tell her to fuck off permanently.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I was team Alli at first -- if Gary wasn't interested in Sydney beyond  fuck, well, that's her tough luck.

Were they ON A BREAK?!!! ;)

And what does Alli have against female nipples? Gary was showing his as well, why does he get a pass?

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 6/10/2021 at 6:39 PM, aghst said:

Is this the first time charter guests who were named in the pref sheet meeting didn't show up?

Suggests that Bravo vetted them so they may appear on another BD show.  They were from San Francisco, worked in tech.

They probably have some backup guests, maybe even have them within a couple of hour flight, though it might be tough to do during these times.

What are the odds they just happened to have people wiling to come on a TV show and get filmed?

Unless this switch was planned all along?  Because it appears the crew is making a big deal about having to serve other yachts.

I think this "crew" coming on board may have been in fact a backup crew for BDSY in case all went to hell with COVID and the main cast. Of course, as my wife points out, wouldn't they have needed a backup Captain Glenn as well? ;)

Edited by eelpout