Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

I always had Teresa down for 12 months, too, but we probably didn't guess Joe's sentence correctly. I think I was close, but I don't remember.

Lotus Flower, here are your predictions:

12 months for Teresa

30 months for Joe, staggered sentences.

Don't make me get my gavel ;)

• Love 3

Hope Teresa has been watching Orange is the New Black.  So glad she was not able to skate on this one!  Hopefully those 4 beautiful girls will look at their parents arrogance and mistakes and take a different road in life.

• Love 5

Oh gosh.... I guess I'm the only one who is going to miss the ridiculousness that is Teresa and Joe...  They deserve what they got and much more, but she sure has made the NJ franchise much more interesting for me throughout the years.  Interesting as in 'I cant believe this person!', but at least interesting. 

I'd have given a lot to have cameras over at Melissa and the cousin who cooks desserts (cant remember her name, hubby's the revolting Richie) houses today while they were glued to their phones/screens in high anticipation of a guilty verdict.  Celebration time for them-- and we know they're no angels themselves.  I'd expect Melissa to eagerly offer to take in one of the girls for more ratings on her during filming.  I'm praying it's Milania, pleaaase let it be Milania!  That would crack her new nicegirl image having to deal with that little monster pretty quick ;) 

• Love 3

Lotus Flower, here are your predictions:

12 months for Teresa

30 months for Joe, staggered sentences.

Don't make me get my gavel ;)

Oh, so close! I love that the judge's sentences were harsher than mine. So I'll take the loss. Happily.

Congratulations, Rahul!

• Love 2

Are Teresa's parents still living with them? I cannot see the girls being split up. I remember a Joe/Teresa "you are all there for each other" speech to them. Do the girls go to public school? If so, moving has the potential to have an impact on that.

• Love 1

Someone upthread asked how we felt about the possible sentencing. Teresa and Joe amused me and their thievery didn't raise any emotional ire in me. However I felt they deserved to do time for their crimes. I have a soft spot for them, I feel sorry for their kids but jail time was an obvious consequence for such shenanigans. Somehow Teresa's outlandish lying never really bothered me as I felt the lies were to impress people stupid enough to believe them. Too bad for her if she believed her own lies. It's one of the tragedies of reality shows.

I don't want to see her on the reunion show. That's too much of an indignity. I like her stoic demeanor but she's stupid and I don't want to hear silliness she will spout just to maintain that facade. Turn off the cameras so she doesn't have to impress us with unaffordable gifts to her children. Teresa just enjoy this last quarter of the year with your kids, eat some humble pie and hopefully wise up.

• Love 8

I'm glad the judge only thought about probation "for a moment" then did the right thing. Whew! I was so worried she'd get that or house arrest and not pay the price. Why did the judge say Joe "took the lead in the fraud"?

zoeysmom, you've been kind enough to do a lot of research on the case and share with us. If Tre only pleaded to one less count (is that correct?) why did the judge say Joe was the "lead" in the fraud and why did Joe get almost 3 times as much time as Tre?

• Love 1

Watching the flashbacks to season 1 Theresa looked so young and fresh. She looks like she aged 20 years. Living a lie rots your soul.

Sometimes people get the face they deserve.  The ugliness of her soul has finally manifested itself in her appearance.

• Love 7

I'm sure she'll be on the reunion, but it will be in the form of a "very important segment" with just Andy.  Gets him the interview scoop, and gets her the remainder of her contract money.

So that may mean she's giving birth to the current edition in prison, if I don't miss my guess.

I was thinking that was a last ditch attempt to garner sympathy.....but since I have read elsewhere that she is, indeed, NOT preggers, I write it up to yet another shitty attempt to circumvent justice and having to pay for the crimes she willingly participated in.   I am only sad that she did not get a LONGER sentence in the pen...

• Love 1

I don't want to see Teresa on the reunion either. That will just give her an opportunity to continue to spin her lies, make excuses, use her daughters' anguish to garner sympathy. Nope. The law has spoken. Time to go away and stay off TV.

• Love 3

WTF??  I can't, I just can't.

From NJ.com

"He also read a letter from Joe's mother Filomena, who could not be in court due to health problems. "My son needs a slap on the wrist, not to be taken away from his family."...

Bitch, please. You're as deluded as your bozo daughter-in-law.

And the winner is...Rahul! Who was the closest without going over. 

Teresa - 12 months

Joe - 36 months

Rahul, the following gifts will be on their way just as soon as you send me a message with your bank account number, so I may withdraw shipping charges.              

* Phaedra Parks' Donkey Booty      workout DVD.

* Sonja Morgan's Toaster Oven.

* A Kim Zolciak Signature Wig.

* A year supply of Milania Hair Care.

* A pair of Jill Zarin's Skweez    Couture Shapewear.

* A pair of Adrienne Maloof’s Hoofs. 

Yay!!! I'm no legal expert but that was my best estimation of what a federal judge might consider justice tempered with mercy considering the sentencing guidelines.

Seeing Teresa and Juicy serve their sentences to completion is reward enough, granted they are not released early on parole due to overcrowding or for good behavior.

• Love 6

I'm sure Andy is shaking with anticipation over the ratings bonanza of WWHL.  I don't usually watch, but I just set my dvr for it.  And I noticed they've been showing the Real Housewives of Melborne today!  When did THAT start coming on?! 

I was thinking that was a last ditch attempt to garner sympathy.....but since I have read elsewhere that she is, indeed, NOT preggers, I write it up to yet another shitty attempt to circumvent justice and having to pay for the crimes she willingly participated in.   I am only sad that she did not get a LONGER sentence in the pen...

Teresa most certainly should have gotten a few months tacked on for all these ill-advised, underhanded and manipulative schemes like leaking selling stories to the press of her eleventh hour pregnancy to extort sympathy from the judge. If you can't do the time...

I'm not a fan of Nancy Grace, but I just sent my Tivo a remote request to record tonight's airing. May even suffer through Andy Cohen on WWHL to see if any HoWives call in to say the punishment is well warranted.

Edited by Rahul

I'm shocked they're both going, and it's at the same time?

But, I'm glad.  They're on television and all season it's been like they're the victims.  I don't think they'll learn anything, but having a real punishment is nice.  Though it does suck for the kids.

So let me see...back in Season 1 the other 4 were all over Danielle about her criminal past.  Now we have one paying restitution while not acknowledging wrongdoing (Jacquline), two sisters who never speak to one another (thick as thieves? nope!), and one actually going to prison for a while.

I kind of want to see them all reunited when Teresa gets out.  I'm assuming she'll wrap up her stint early- the judge needed a statement now when people are watching, I think fewer will care in about 8 months or so (that's how long I figure she'll stay in jail....I'm still doubting she'll go at all for some reason, I need it to actually happen.

• Love 3

The tweet I read from the Star Ledger reporter said Bravo would not comment on the sentencing but watch Theresa and Joe on a very special WWHL Monday at 9 PM. I don't know if I want to watch if Theresa is going to cry and said real criminals serve less time than she's gotten. Cause you know that's what she's thinking.

Eta: a real pleasure spending the afternoon at this party, fellow denizens!

Edited by kacesq
  • Love 8

Did I hear correctly that Joe has until 1/5 to surrender?  So Teresa won't go to jail until 3.5 years from now.

Ah, thanks kacesq.  I had it backwards.  She serves first.

Edited by candy moocher

The tweet I read from the Star Ledger reporter said Bravo would not comment on the sentencing but watch Theresa and Joe on a very special WWHL Monday at 9 PM. I don't know if I want to watch if Theresa is going to cry and said real criminals serve less time than she's gotten. Cause you know that's what she's thinking.

Is it a black & white striped affair.....

• Love 6

Did I hear correctly that Joe has until 1/5 to surrender? So Teresa won't go to jail until 3.5 years from now.

Ah, thanks kacesq. I had it backwards. She serves first.

Edited because I didn't see the update.

Edited by ButterQueen

She'll not only have to live in a used house, but sleep in a used bed.

Nothing can be done at this point to appeal this, can it? She's still lucky to only get 15 months, but I'm so glad the judge saw through her act today. She is not remorseful at all, and really--right to the end--seemed to think she could manipulate everyone by playing the "my four daughters need me" card. Fortunately, there are others to take care of them while she and Joe do time. (And you know from now until forever, she'll be railing about the "injustice" of it all.)

• Love 1

No, Teresa is going to the slammer first. Joe gets to hang out until her term is finished...assuming he doesn't do anything stupid in the meantime.

Joe will serve second because he may still be deported after his term is served.

• Love 1

I'm glad the judge only thought about probation "for a moment" then did the right thing. Whew! I was so worried she'd get that or house arrest and not pay the price. Why did the judge say Joe "took the lead in the fraud"?

zoeysmom, you've been kind enough to do a lot of research on the case and share with us. If Tre only pleaded to one less count (is that correct?) why did the judge say Joe was the "lead" in the fraud and why did Joe get almost 3 times as much time as Tre?

Whenever one parties takes responsibility or it is obvious one party had a reduced role there are points given and subtracted in the Federal Sentencing Guideline.  So Joe was always going to get prison time-Teresa just got a little knocked off and Joe got a little added.  I don't think it was the desired result.  I think the game plan was for Joe to get three years and Teresa probation or home confinement.  The extra count-which kicked Joe up to 53 months, the reason it was reduced is they ran the 12 month sentence for the tax count concurrent.  Personally, I think the two of them should do the Martha Stewart-Teresa should report right away and Joe should leave the kids with mom and report as well.  They are dragging this out far longer than need be.

• Love 8

I'm glad I chose to spend the Day of Reckoning here with you guys! What a great, intelligent group.

I don't think Teresa EVER truly thought she would have to spend one second in prison. I think she has been in complete denial and believing all the  rumors that she would only get probation or house arrest. I think she has been well & truly spoiled all her life and this is probably the first time she has had to face actual consequences of her actions.

Allowing her to report after the holidays is a double-edged sword. I can't imagine what their Thanksgiving and Christmas will be like for Teresa, Joe, and the girls  knowing for sure this will be their last holidays together as a family at home for a very long time. At Christmas they will know that in a couple of weeks Mommy will be going away.

I think Joe will party his butt off while Teresa is away at college.  He may actually use that time to build another life for himself, with someone else, and he might be the one to divorce her.

I still would not be one bit surprised if the Juicy's translate time to "get your affairs in order" means time to "make fake ID's and escape to a foreign land with the kids".

I will be shocked if the Very Special Watch What Happens actually takes place since Teresa was also sentenced to prison. I think she only had plans for Joe going away. I don't think she will have herself together for that by Monday.

Edited by Anastasia
  • Love 2

No, Teresa is going to the slammer first. Joe gets to hang out until her term is finished...assuming he doesn't do anything stupid in the meantime.

Joe has to find a job, make $12,000.oo a month house payments, make fine payments, make restitution payments, make IRS payments.  I think Teresa will be home by Thanksgiving 2015 but when she comes home Juicy goes away.

• Love 3
WTF does that even mean, assuming its translated into English? Did the moron think it was a possible death sentence?

I agree that it's clunky as a sentence, and certainly doesn't convey much in this context, but it's not actually incorrect in terms of grammar or syntax.

I'm sure Andy is shaking with anticipation over the ratings bonanza of WWHL.  I don't usually watch, but I just set my dvr for it.

I don't usually watch it either, and I didn't think of this…though, oddly, my BF did set the DVR.

Edited by TattleTeeny

How will Teresa bide her time in the federal pen? My guess is a new cook book is on the way:

Incarcerated Italian: Fabulicious Home-Style Recipes from Simple Commissary Ingredients

I'd imagine she won't get very far in the writing process without her ghost writer or mother-in-law who's credited for supplying the recipes, though.

• Love 3

Don't tease about "House of Juicy". I'm trying to leave work in the next 20 minutes. ETA home by 7:30 I hope.

Have already bought my Makers, and am enjoying a quick cocktail at my desk as I'm the only one here. Company handbook be damned.

Hopefully karma and schadenfreude (one of Mr DC's favorite terms) won't come back to bite me in the ass and somebody won't choose today to crash into me on the 20 minute drive home and I end up in the pen with Juicy and Teresa. DC has the world's worst drivers, so cross your fingers.

• Love 3

I don't know what they could possibly say at this point that hasn't already been said during the trial and sentencing. Giving them ANOTHER WWHL special seems redundant, maybe just another money making opportunity. I honestly could not take one more Guidice pity party courtesy of Bravo. Are you listening Andy Cohen? These people are no longer entertaining!

• Love 3

I want to sit next to you on the bus to hell, BecauseIsaidso.  If they were all about the kids, why didn't they give them an ounce of thought before they got caught?

TY ever so much!  If there is one thing I can admit to truly hate, it is people who try to use their children as an excuse to avoid any and all accountability for their(the parent's) actions.

Not only did Tre never give her kids a thought before she got caught, she did not give them any thought whatsoever as she carried and gave birth to them - that sickens me more than anything else! Those kids were pawns from the moment of their conception!

• Love 5

She'll not only have to live in a used house, but sleep in a used bed.

Nothing can be done at this point to appeal this, can it? She's still lucky to only get 15 months, but I'm so glad the judge saw through her act today. She is not remorseful at all, and really--right to the end--seemed to think she could manipulate everyone by playing the "my four daughters need me" card. Fortunately, there are others to take care of them while she and Joe do time. (And you know from now until forever, she'll be railing about the "injustice" of it all.)

I can't imagine the horror when Teresa won't be able to get her regular manicure, or have to use showers with the pubes of others stuck on the drain. Federal Prison is a pretty soft prison as far as prison goes, it's not like the type of prison where hardened criminals go. But for her, it will be pretty nasty. Who knows, after her sentence is served Bravo might just give her a show of her own. People like the Giudices always seem to manage to come out better than before and shining like a star.  I hope that's not the case.

I wonder if the marriage will last.

Teresa has been silenced by Joe and his many extramarital affairs simply by buying her shiny 'stuff'. Maybe without the means to buy her fidelity, she might just see him for what he is,.... a fat, ugly, ignorant, alcoholic, uncouth, beast.

• Love 3

Damn, I waited all day and was in the car when Teresa's sentence came down. I'm glad the judge gave her a decent sentence. My heart goes out to her girls because this is going to be incredibly difficult for them. But it is good to know that the judicial system can work the way it is supposed to.

• Love 1

After an honest-to-goodness really good cry, I think Teresa will feel slightly relieved as the guessing is over and she knows her fate. Did she want jail time? No. But despite her seeming like she may have been in denial and/or hoping for home detention, I'm sure she knew she was facing some kind of punishment. Even if she didn't acknowledge it on TV, her attorneys had to have laid it out for her. With time off for good behavior, she won't serve the full term and she can spend her time in the slammer planning her redemption cookbook. I just hope for the sake of her daughters that her marriage survives this. Do the time, pay the restitution, start over.

I know she's done very wrong, but she's my favorite of the Jersey girls, so I'm not wishing her the worst. She probably just did as her husband asked, which, yes, was very stupid.

• Love 6

And I can't lie, I'd watch a season of post-prison Tre.

I can understand that, and even though I would be sorely tempted to do so myself, I do not plan to watch even one more second of that pig bitch or her pig husband - I see nothing worth viewing in this season and will simply check in with this marvelous board to catch up on, and add my nasty 2 cents worth whenever I am moved to do so.

It is so totally gratifying that justice has finally prevailed that I am moved to at least this much generosity - such as it is.

• Love 3