Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The house is listed for $2,499,000.

I predict that someone or some company will buy to rent out for a short term lease/party house.  That happens in my neck of the woods from time to time, big houses sit empty, unsold so they rent it out and suddenly you see the house down the street from yours on the news with the police and fire engines showing up to break up the party and fish a body out of the pool.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The house is listed for $2,499,000.

Didn't Teresa declare before chasing Danielle in s2 the house was 5mil? Either she lied then and the price is in line or they're taking some hit. Both equally possible. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4

That is still a gut remodel for whoever buys it. All she did was paint everything white which just makes all the awful marble finishes look even more awful. The bathrooms are a gut and the kitchen is now terrible fake Tuscan but painted white. And painted cabinets are generally just a temporary fix anyway.

This is a very taste specific home but I am not sure that even those who HAD this taste level still have it at this price point. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, amarante said:

That is still a gut remodel for whoever buys it. All she did was paint everything white which just makes all the awful marble finishes look even more awful. The bathrooms are a gut and the kitchen is now terrible fake Tuscan but painted white. And painted cabinets are generally just a temporary fix anyway.

This is a very taste specific home but I am not sure that even those who HAD this taste level still have it at this price point. 

That’s the problem with so many customized, personalized homes. No one wants to pay for someone else’s taste. They never make their money back. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

That’s the problem with so many customized, personalized homes. No one wants to pay for someone else’s taste. They never make their money back. 

I am not sure the "customized" is the issue 🙂 There are many people whose taste I would pay for 🙂 There was a time when that style of home was more popular - all those Tuscan kitchens from a decade ago 🙂 

Teresa amplified it to an extreme of course so the whole place is just a place of monstrous bad taste and no way to update it as she attempted to do by painting all the walls white since the hideous marble and the horrible wood ornamental stuff still shows through.

I don't want to insult specific groups but it was a style that seemed to be favored by nouveau riche Italians - also to some extent here in Los Angeles by Persians for awhile. I just wonder if it is now so completely out of style that there is not even a small group of Guidos who find it attractive. As I recall Dolores had a very normal looking house even before the remodel - and by normal I don't mean the size because you could have modest size homes with hideous marble/Tuscan kitchens and baths. 

But there is no way to update the Teresa's home by merely painting the walls white. It is a total and expensive gut job. It is not like Montville is some exclusive enclave where people are paying huge sums of money to buy a tear down because the land values are so high as is common in Los Angeles. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, amarante said:

I am not sure the "customized" is the issue 🙂 There are many people whose taste I would pay for 🙂 There was a time when that style of home was more popular - all those Tuscan kitchens from a decade ago 🙂 

Teresa amplified it to an extreme of course so the whole place is just a place of monstrous bad taste and no way to update it as she attempted to do by painting all the walls white since the hideous marble and the horrible wood ornamental stuff still shows through.

I don't want to insult specific groups but it was a style that seemed to be favored by nouveau riche Italians - also to some extent here in Los Angeles by Persians for awhile. I just wonder if it is now so completely out of style that there is not even a small group of Guidos who find it attractive. As I recall Dolores had a very normal looking house even before the remodel - and by normal I don't mean the size because you could have modest size homes with hideous marble/Tuscan kitchens and baths. 

But there is no way to update the Teresa's home by merely painting the walls white. It is a total and expensive gut job. It is not like Montville is some exclusive enclave where people are paying huge sums of money to buy a tear down because the land values are so high as is common in Los Angeles. 

I think the house has a lot of potential but not at that price. So much of that style is considered dated now. A friend in that area had a gorgeous home but it had the early 2000’s Tuscan style kitchen and the bathrooms ten years later looked gaudy not stylish. She tried for two years to sell. She renovated, removed the Tuscan stuff and a few days later had multiple offers. 

There are some whose taste id pay for too. But I meant when they go overboard whether it’s the Guidices or someone’s family initials carved in marble or a basketball court, no one wants to pay for that stuff. 

Now I’m curious if all the subway tile and open floor plans will be the new “dated” in ten years. 

• Love 3
On 9/13/2020 at 11:10 AM, amarante said:

I know what you mean. We know someone who has a house that looks like a marble and gold nightmare. They are very proud of it but it reminds me of living in a mausoleum. I felt like the the Dubrow's giant house (sp?) in Newport Beach (RHOC) has the same feel but a little more tasteful than Teresa's home.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

I know what you mean. We know someone who has a house that looks like a marble and gold nightmare. They are very proud of it but it reminds me of living in a mausoleum. I felt like the the Dubrow's giant house (sp?) in Newport Beach (RHOC) has the same feel but a little more tasteful than Teresa's home.

Absolutely! I feel that way about the Dubrow house too. As awful as this sounds, I expected it to be so much better. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Gabriella is 16. Beautiful, but damn near unrecognizable. Gia & Milania look a lot like they did as kids, Gabriella & Audrina look much different. 

I don’t recognize Gabriella, she was so beautiful now she looks like, well, not herself - she’s still beautiful but not natural - That makes me sad.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I don’t recognize Gabriella, she was so beautiful now she looks like, well, not herself - she’s still beautiful but not natural - That makes me sad.

Gabriella was always so pretty to me. She also seemed like the most well behaved out of their brood...but no I would not have recognized her in a million years. She almost looks like a girl they adopted when you compare her to Teresa and her other sisters.

I think she would have looked even better with a more natural look but that is not very Teresa

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, lasu said:

I can never get over how Juicy came out of jail looking exactly like an old The Situation.  It's weird, yo.

You know, something about the way he looked reminded me of Humphrey Bogart.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe I watch too many old movies.  Does anyone else see it?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Normades said:

You know, something about the way he looked reminded me of Humphrey Bogart.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe I watch too many old movies.  Does anyone else see it?

No, I can kinda squint and see it now that you say it.  He still looks like The Situation the most to me though. 

• Love 4
On 12/3/2020 at 8:48 AM, Normades said:

I see it, the facial structure, mostly the nasolabial folds. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Is anyone watching her YouTube videos? The cooking videos are giving off bubbly S1 Teresa. 

I've watched a couple. Lasagna and cookies. I was surprised that she actually seems comfortable in the kitchen. She must do more cooking than I thought. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That came directly from Tre in the first season. She was complimenting his physique. I don't think anyone here has used it like she did. 😂

It was kind of cute.

She saw Joe as this hot stud and the rest of us saw Barney Rubble.200.gif?cid=0e375282cr747vyn9se2jfzqommp

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 2/28/2024 at 8:27 AM, qtpye said:

It was kind of cute.

She saw Joe as this hot stud and the rest of us saw Barney Rubble.200.gif?cid=0e375282cr747vyn9se2jfzqommp

I just watched the family reunion in Italy, and Joe's not so juicy anymore. 

Honestly, I always thought his face was cute, "juicy" or skinny. 

• Like 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I just watched the family reunion in Italy, and Joe's not so juicy anymore. 

Honestly, I always thought his face was cute, "juicy" or skinny. 

He was somewhat cute when he was younger.

Edited by qtpye