Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: The Adirondacks

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

Malik lives with his parents and they help, but that does not mean they have legal custody. I'd be pretty surprised if they would have actually gone to court to get custody over Malik (or am I just not remembering them talking about that). I'm guessing if he goes to Harvard, he plans to take Janelle with him.

In most states, minors with children have legal rights to make decisions for the child, even though they don't have the legal right to make those choices for themselves.

I’m glad you said this because I really was wondering what I missed that’s making people think he doesn’t have custody of his daughter.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, circumvent said:

Which leads to the point that she must have tried the dress before and she would have had the same feelings. But the writers wanted some extra drama I guess. Unrealistic and out of character.

Unfortunately, not out of character this season.  The writers have really dropped the ball with Tess.  She could be anxious, of course, and upset that people weren't using the proper pronouns, but they've written her to  be a spoiled little shit and by doing that, they've ruined Beth's character.  Beth was pretty much the opposite of this catering to your spoiled brat person that she's become in the last half of this season.

• Love 21
26 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am in the camp who sees how badly both Jack and Rebecca neglected Kevin through the years.  I empathize with Kevin because I was that child growing up with my mom.  I can watch the show and see how Rebecca failed Kevin as an adult like what you listed. But in this instance,  Rebecca is thinking about Kevin and what Kevin needs.  She is not using Kevin for his money.   What Kevin needs right now is something to keep him busy so he doesn't pick up a bottle.  Building that house is that something.  Of course he will still bond with his kids, but they are infants and Madison is breastfeeding,  so his time with them will be limited.  And the house is something he can contract people to build while he films another project.  Who knows, he may even meet a lady architect or contracted, and she can be his future wife.  

I could see that.

• Love 4

Now that the season is over, I can’t help but wonder why they hired Josh Malina for 30 seconds of screen time. I kept thinking he would come back and be important later in the season, but nope.

• Love 12
Just now, Jeddah said:

Now that the season is over, I can’t help but wonder why they hired Josh Malina for 30 seconds of screen time. I kept thinking he would come back and be important later in the season, but nope.

Maybe he was in more scenes in that same episode that got cut. Entirely possible.

• Useful 3

On 5/26/2021 at 12:53 PM, ams1001 said:
On 5/26/2021 at 12:45 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Randall is Rebecca's favorite and she just blurts it out? Wow...

Maybe her dementia is starting to affect her filter...sometimes people say things they never would before, as their minds start to go.

Great point and familiar.  My mother was diagnosed a few years ago and her filters are gone. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/26/2021 at 6:31 AM, cameron said:

I question having Rebecca asking Kevin to build her the house on the hill that Jack was going to.  Rebecca you are married to someone else.  Has to make Miquel feel real good about himself and their marriage.

Isn't the house on the hill referring to where the cabin is now?  If so, then that's eventually Kevin/Randall/Kate's house too. 

But even if it's not the same place, Miquel is retired, enjoying his life and taking care of Rebecca.  He doesn't need or probably want a big project to distract him from those things.  Kevin on the other hand has the means and the time on his hands.  The latter can be risky for someone in recovery and he seemed eager to take it on. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Madison deserves The Best, and that is not Kevin. So, good for her.

Kate is marrying The Worst, and good luck to him. Bet she won’t even let him go to Sunday Funday.

I really don’t see the problem with the SF job. My husband used to work out of town every week, home only on weekends. It was kind of great (best of both worlds, single + married) and made the time together even more special. Plus, such a situation doesn’t have to be forever. It would definitely merit discussion between grownup partners, but I guess that doesn’t apply in this case because Kate’s a baby.

”Kids, sometimes parents fight. It doesn’t mean they don’t love each other. It’s like when you fight with your brother. You still love each other, right? You make up, and you’re still family! That’s all it is, no big deal.” There you go, Rebecca. Now, was that so hard?

Nothing I can add to the Tess discussion. She’s REALLY the Worst.

• Love 16

2 hours ago, Jeddah said:

Yep. I'm thinking maybe his character will play a role next season? Otherwise, it's just baffling. Maybe the covid-related delays and stuff axed his storyline. I mean, Dan said he was finishing the editing of the finale a few days ago.

I liked the finale. I knew Madison would call off the wedding. Hope the Kedison thing is done for good.

Well, some of us are on the Kevin/Madison camp, some of us are on the Kophie camp, but all of us can agree that Tess is an insufferable brat. And Beth catering to her every demand doesn't help.

That all said, I'm gonna miss this show after it ends.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Norma Desmond said:

Yep. I'm thinking maybe his character will play a role next season? Otherwise, it's just baffling. Maybe the covid-related delays and stuff axed his storyline. I mean, Dan said he was finishing the editing of the finale a few days ago.

I liked the finale. I knew Madison would call off the wedding. Hope the Kedison thing is done for good.

Well, some of us are on the Kevin/Madison camp, some of us are on the Kophie camp, but all of us can agree that Tess is an insufferable brat. And Beth catering to her every demand doesn't help.

That all said, I'm gonna miss this show after it ends.

I will miss it too. I don’t think there were any big surprises in the finale. Certainly Kate remarrying was a surprise but not that her marriage with Toby was on the rocks. For Pete’s sake‘s ever since they got married there have been bumps whether it was with his emotional girlfriend at the gym or her pregnancy or her not telling him about the abortion or her old boyfriend and employment.Communication was never there strong point.   The writers and producers of the show love to give many interviews and drop hints etc. but I do think they might’ve gotten a couple of curveballs with Covid and pregnancies and Alexandra finding a pretty good job on Netflix. No one on the show can really talk about anything except fluffy things before they happen and they don’t like you to know about contract issues etc because it’s none of our business. Maybe when the show is over people will give more interviews about how stories were formed but I think the one that had the most angst was Kevin. I think and I believe Dan that they were going to discuss races issues whether George Floyd or anyone else was killed. It was a big blank area in Randall‘s life that was never discussed by anyone and it was bizarre.  How they are filling it in now with Randall talking to his mother at the wedding I think might be more Covid related. Too squished . 
I know it happens but I would hate to think that the brilliant writers of the show thought that Kevins and game would be having various one night stands and then knocking up his sisters best friend after he tried to back out of the relationship. I hope that was another curveball, they dodged the best they could. 

• Love 3
On 5/27/2021 at 2:50 PM, MissLucas said:

Speaking of British guy: Apparently Madison's mother had a British accent. There are already some mad theories out there how these two could be related. Because there's no such thing as coincidence in Pearson world!

I'm guessing that this assumes that Kate and Toby are doing an elaborate vow renewal, where Philip is a groomsman (he was seen changing into his tux). And that Philip is Madison's half-brother, born to Madison's English mother before she married Madison's father (Chris Geere is seven years older than Caitlin Thompson). Or her full-brother, who her mother chose to keep and raise in England, leaving Madison behind. And that 2025-Kevin is engaged or married to Madison: he called Philip his "future brother-in-law," meaning, that Kevin had yet to marry Philip's sibling (Madison), or that Philip had yet to marry Kevin's sibling (Kate or Randall). And that in 2021, Madison doesn't know Philip exists/that he lives in LA, or, that 2021-Kate has yet to mention the name of her difficult British boss the choir director, to her best friend. And, that the show wants to drag us through a denial-fest of a vow renewal for a doomed marriage still not ten years old in 2025. 

Okay.

But why would Kevin be planning to toast-roast the Brits at a Kate and Toby vow renewal?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Pallas said:

I'm guessing that this assumes that Kate and Toby are doing a wedding re-enactment, where Philip is a groomsman (he was seen changing into his tux). And that Philip is Madison's half-brother, born to Madison's English mother before she married Madison's father (Chris Geere is seven years older than Caitlin Thompson). Or her full-brother, who her mother chose to keep and raise in England, leaving Madison behind. And that 2025-Kevin is re-engaged to Madison: he called Philip his "future brother in law," meaning, that Kevin had yet to marry Philip's sibling (Madison), or that Philip had yet to marry Kevin's sibling (Kate or Randall). And that in 2021, Madison doesn't know Philip exists/that he lives in LA, or, that 2021-Kate has yet to mention the name of her difficult British boss the choir director, to her best friend. And that the show will invite us to celebrate with the Pearsons in an elaborate denial-fest for a marriage that we know won't survive it for very long.

Okay.

But why would Kevin be planning to toast-roast the Brits at a Kate and Toby wedding re-enactment?

He, my head's spinning now LOL! I think the show's pulling a double or triple bluff. Pulling Philip into Madison's family tree requires a lot of effort - on the other hand all those interviews and articles about the Toby-Kate split being planned for a long time start to reek of 'No, XX is really dead dead' (GoT reference - keeping it spoiler free).

One thing I noticed was that Kevin's got several pieces of clothing with a flower prints in his hotel room. Now, maybe he's getting into floral prints because why not? But I'm going to apply Occam's Razor here - they belong to his girlfriend/fiance/wife. Since I like me some wild speculation: I'm still not ruling out Cassidy 😁

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Since I like me some wild speculation: I'm still not ruling out Cassidy 😁

I don't think Cassidy has a single floral item in her closet. Lol. Or a dress. But we can all play the speculation game. We've got nothin but time!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pallas said:

I'm guessing that this assumes that Kate and Toby are doing a wedding re-enactment, where Philip is a groomsman (he was seen changing into his tux). And that Philip is Madison's half-brother, born to Madison's English mother before she married Madison's father (Chris Geere is seven years older than Caitlin Thompson). Or her full-brother, who her mother chose to keep and raise in England, leaving Madison behind. And that 2025-Kevin is re-engaged to Madison: he called Philip his "future brother in law," meaning, that Kevin had yet to marry Philip's sibling (Madison), or that Philip had yet to marry Kevin's sibling (Kate or Randall). And that in 2021, Madison doesn't know Philip exists/that he lives in LA, or, that 2021-Kate has yet to mention the name of her difficult British boss the choir director, to her best friend. And that the show will invite us to celebrate with the Pearsons in an elaborate denial-fest for a marriage that we know won't survive it for very long.

Okay.

But why would Kevin be planning to toast-roast the Brits at a Kate and Toby wedding re-enactment?

Stranger things have happened on the show. I think Kate and Toby ended up the season on a high note with them trying to meet the other one beyond even the middle. If the 3 day a week out of town job undoes them, that will be kind of weak. So I can see them together in five years, then split in five more for other reasons. But the long lost or unknown sibling thing would not rock my world. 

7 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

One thing I noticed was that Kevin's got several pieces of clothing with a flower prints in his hotel room. Now, maybe he's getting into floral prints because why not? But I'm going to apply Occam's Razor here - they belong to his girlfriend/fiance/wife. Since I like me some wild speculation: I'm still not ruling out Cassidy 😁

There was actually a bra slung over a chair. I also think Cassidy is a wild card. They have something of a loose end to tie up with her.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

Stranger things have happened on the show. I think Kate and Toby ended up the season on a high note with them trying to meet the other one beyond even the middle. If the 3 day a week out of town job undoes them, that will be kind of weak. So I can see them together in five years, then split in five more for other reasons. But the long lost or unknown sibling thing would not rock my world. 

Kate and Toby's marriage at this point is still fixable.  They have not gotten to the point of irreconcilable  differences or infidelity**.  Each could attempt to communicate to their spouse, but as we have seen they continue to do the opposite.  As I said a few pages back, they keep on patching up their relationship but you can only patch things so many times before the whole thing falls apart.  

**I really do now want an infidelity story.  A Kate cheats on Toby with Philip story would make these boards unreadable.  I would still watch the show just stay away from any comment section.  Infidelity is such a third-rail issue for so many people, I hope the show stays well away from it.  

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Jeddah said:

Maybe Josh is a fan and just wanted to be part of the show's history?

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Jeddah said:

Somebody help me out, please.  I don’t remember this actor nor do I recall how he was entwined in any story this season.  Please help refresh my memory.  Thanks.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

Somebody help me out, please.  I don’t remember this actor nor do I recall how he was entwined in any story this season.  Please help refresh my memory.  Thanks.

He was the guy Kevin saved from the car wreck and brought to the hospital before rushing to Madison who was about to give birth.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

He was the car crash victim that Kevin saved, apparently never to be seen again. (Which, realistically, why would we expect to see him again...but he just seemed to be a better-known actor than you'd expect for such a small part. Maybe he really did just want a cameo for the fun of it.)

@MissLucas - Jinx!

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

He was the guy Kevin saved from the car wreck and brought to the hospital before rushing to Madison who was about to give birth.

Oh, yeah.  Now I remember.  Thanks Misslucas and ams1001.

• Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

As for Laurel, her life was wasted in the sense that she kept herself in her own prison in a way.  She was punishing herself.  The bigger issue is that five years in prison for using drugs is nonsensical and does zero to rectify anything. She had a big assist from the justice system for her failed life, if it was that.  As far as not finding Randall, it couldn't have happened until he was at least five years old, and how much help is a convicted felon going to get in the search?  I do think she could have/should have tried to find William, though, to get some answers, but I can also see why she would want to close that chapter. I wonder, and I may have missed some details along the way, if William had ever told Randall Laurel's last name and if so, he could have had his investigator follow up on that and find her prison records at least.

That's the thing about Laurel that Randall doesn't seem to grasp.  She abandoned him, she really did, after getting out of prison.  She didn't know that William wasn't raising Randall, with or without an active drug addiction.  Yet, she didn't even bother doing the simplest thing that would have required no research or investigation or even money - bus fare back to Pittsburgh to the same apartment where William still lived is the bare minimum she could have done if she was interested in her child.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 23
(edited)
13 minutes ago, OlderThanDirt said:

And why would Laurel leave her house to a child that she didn't even try to trace, who may not even be alive. I've forgotten how Hai even recognized Randy P from the viral video.

He mentioned William and Hai recognized the name. Because there's only ever been one William Hill in Pittsburgh, I'm sure. I thought it wasn't so much that she specifically left the house to Randall but that as her son he'd be next of kin and inherit her estate, assuming she didn't have a will. (Though, why she wouldn't have had a will, knowing she was sick, I don't understand. Other than for plot points, of course. I would think she'd want to leave her house to Hai.) Though since he wasn't legally recognized as her son, I'm not sure it would actually work that way. But I'm not an estate lawyer, or a TV drama writer.

PS "Randy P" cracks me up.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 5/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, ams1001 said:

I referred to Alex as her "they-friend" a while ago. No idea if that's PC but yeah, "partner" sounds weird when you're talking about middle schoolers, but I know "girlfriend" is not right here.

No idea how true it is, but my teenage god-daughter informed me that "they-bey" is an acceptable (yet funny) term. Her bisexual friend is currently dating a classmate who refers to herself as a "they" and both of them use the term "they-bey." That's what I've been going with when talking about Tess and Alex(?). She could be playing me just to get me to say something stupid though lol

Edit:

For the record, I just realized I called "they" a "female." I'm still trying to learn how all this works and I'm just 33. Makes me feel even worse for the adults that Tess continually yells at whenever they slip up.

Edited by JayDub1987
Realized an Error
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/27/2021 at 8:46 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Rebecca is thinking about Kevin and what Kevin needs.  She is not using Kevin for his money. 

Follow up to that thought: It's well known that Kevin likes to spend his money on his family members.  He's said so multiple times.  "I've got all of this money." I completely agree with you that Rebecca is creating a situation for Kevin that she knows will keep him busy and bring him joy.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

Follow up to that thought: It's well known that Kevin likes to spend his money n his family members.  He's said so multiple times.  "I've got all of this money." I completely agree with you that Rebecca is creating a situation for Kevin that she knows will keep him busy and bring him joy.

I don't think she is using him for his money but she has not addressed the neglect that he has felt his whole life that has been one of the reasons (though not the only one) that caused him to drink.

I think the family does take Kevin for granted a little bit. I think Kevin will do it happily but as Zoe said, he is very eager to please. I think he is trying to make up for being a bit of a jerk in his younger years and for not being there when Jack died.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I don't think she is using him for his money but she has not addressed the neglect that he has felt his whole life that has been one of the reasons (though not the only one) that caused him to drink.

I think the family does take Kevin for granted a little bit. I think Kevin will do it happily but as Zoe said, he is very eager to please. I think he is trying to make up for being a bit of a jerk in his younger years and for not being there when Jack died.

I might be projecting my own experiences onto Kevin, but I see him as letting go of his childhood issues with Rebecca (and Jack).  He had the hard conversation with Rebecca in his therapy session and got the devastating answer from Rebecca about how Randall was easier to love.  He needed her to acknowledge it, she did, and now he can move on.  Kevin and Rebecca have spent time together after he left rehab.  Kevin moves into her house with Miguel and we see Kevin finally accept Miguel as his mom's second husband.  Then Rebecca moves to LA after Kevin relapses.  Yes, she and Miguel had other reasons to move there, but we do see Kevin and Rebecca spend time in LA.  

Kevin has no need to make up for not being there when the house caught fire.  Him not being there saved his life.  No way Kevin would have made it out of the basement with one good leg.  I wish the show would remember this.  

• Love 19
3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

The thing that makes me doubt that those are another woman's clothes in Kevin's room most is the way Kevin and Madison are with each other. They're beyond friendly, they're flirty. And that may fly while they're both singles who are co-parenting, but I find it hard to believe that Kevin's significant other wouldn't have a problem with him being that way with his ex and the mother of his children.

• Love 17

Just a vent

I used to really love this show. I've had a stillborn baby, so I was sucked in from the pilot. I've been able to relate to some aspect of each of the big 3, I've loved many of the other characters. Seasons 1-2 were great, season 3 in Vietnam got dull, season 4 was great. Season 5 was a mess. It was either outlandish (Laurel's resurrection) or just filler. The only thing that moved the plot forward really was the last 3 minutes of the finale. I've spent 5 years with these characters, sometimes loving them sometimes hating them, always crying with them, but I'm ready for it to end.

I'm afraid S6 will be more outlandish stories or filler until the finale wraps everything up in a messy bow. I feel this show has gone way downhill and is just laughable at this point. It just makes me sad.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

He mentioned William and Hai recognized the name. Because there's only ever been one William Hill in Pittsburgh, I'm sure. I thought it wasn't so much that she specifically left the house to Randall but that as her son he'd be next of kin and inherit her estate, assuming she didn't have a will. (Though, why she wouldn't have had a will, knowing she was sick, I don't understand. Other than for plot points, of course. I would think she'd want to leave her house to Hai.) Though since he wasn't legally recognized as her son, I'm not sure it would actually work that way. But I'm not an estate lawyer, or a TV drama writer.

PS "Randy P" cracks me up.

Aretha, lots and lots of people. If she had no will, then yes, her son inherits. But maybe she had foreclosed all thoughts of that and left it to Hai. Was he living there? I don't remember. The estate may not have been settled yet. But if he owned it, he definitely was the type to be sure it went to Randall. I think Randall will end up doing something noble with it, or else move in and run for Senate in Louisiana.

28 minutes ago, bijoux said:

The thing that makes me doubt that those are another woman's clothes in Kevin's room most is the way Kevin and Madison are with each other. They're beyond friendly, they're flirty. And that may fly while they're both singles who are co-parenting, but I find it hard to believe that Kevin's significant other wouldn't have a problem with him being that way with his ex and the mother of his children.

Yes, they are possibly together in that timeline and still not in the end. At Rebecca's deathbed doesn't Kevin ask his son "how's your mother?" I could have that wrong. They really want us guessing. And Madison or Sophie will be expected, so it is probably someone else in the end.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

He had the hard conversation with Rebecca in his therapy session and got the devastating answer from Rebecca about how Randall was easier to love.  He needed her to acknowledge it, she did, and now he can move on.  Kevin and Rebecca have spent time together after he left rehab.  Kevin moves into her house with Miguel and we see Kevin finally accept Miguel as his mom's second husband.  Then Rebecca moves to LA after Kevin relapses.  Yes, she and Miguel had other reasons to move there, but we do see Kevin and Rebecca spend time in LA.  

All of this. Plus, he had the "conversation" with Jack after the twins were born, where Jack told Kevin to stop trying to be Jack.  Another reason that I think Kevin will marry Madison.  Kevin and Sophie are like Jack and Rebecca: the "supposed to" be. However, Kevin is charting his own course, and he's finally OK with that.

• Love 13
On 5/25/2021 at 11:47 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

But if Kevin was going to marry the Brit’s sister, why would he be giving a speech?  That’s like best man, father of the bride,  or something like that. 

They are twins (triplets). A special bond for sure.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Toby wasn't looking that great in the hotel room, but neither did Tess and Randall in their scenes.  Because, they are not gathering together for a happy occasion.   They are gathering around Rebecca's deathbed after her decade long battle with alzheimers.   And now that we know Toby and Kate divorce it has a potential to get awkward.  

I know that.  I know it is a sombre occasion for which they are gathering and no one is going to be jumping for joy.  That is not what I meant.  There have been numerous discussions regarding Toby's demeanor/appearance in that hotel room and queries as to whether he is possibly suffering from depression once again.  I asked that simply because now we know that takes place post divorce from Kate, and I could see future Toby happily not married.  As for awkward?  I explained that in my post.  This is the Pearson family.  "Awkward" appears first in their hyphenated surname.  

17 hours ago, Jeddah said:

I know!  To be honest though it makes more sense to me than the Meghan Markle obsession, lol.  

21 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Rebecca is trying to give Kevin a project that is complex and longterm so he stays sober.

Oh, I think caring for twin babies and raising them is a complex and long term project.  Not to mention his busy acting career.  

19 hours ago, qtpye said:

However, you have a son on a hit show and never once bother to go to a single taping? When you do go to a taping you have to run out to watch Kate sing, even though she does not want you to come along?

Exactly.  I really don't think this is about how Kevin chooses to spend his money.  I see it more as this:

"Randall, you're my favourite person."

"Oh, Buuuuug, I love you so very much."

"Kevin, go build that dream house."

20 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Are we twins? 

Separated at birth! 🍬😃

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Dreamboat Annie said:

Oh, I think caring for twin babies and raising them is a complex and long term project.  Not to mention his busy acting career.  

What busy acting career?  We saw that Kevin's latest movie is going to be a bust, and his previous on-set behavior is taking him out of roles.  Kevin is at a crossroads professionally and will now have to decide if he wants to continue acting in lesser projects or leave acting for another career.  He needs something to do besides co-parenting with Madison.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Though since he wasn't legally recognized as her son, I'm not sure it would actually work that way.

But Randall was formally adopted, so his legal connection to his birth parents was severed (I don't care to go back to refresh my memory how it happened on TIU, but the Court would have determined that his birth parents had been given sufficient notice to come forward to assert their parental rights and, when they didn't, those rights were terminated).  As a result, William and Lauren had no rights or  obligations regarding Randall, and he wasn't their legal heir.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, qtpye said:

I could see that.

I don't see Rebecca using that rationale.  She and the whole family just can't get over St. Jack and will do anything to keep that image alive.  Kevin has his own family now (twins) and that should be his main focus. Rebecca needs to lean more on Miquel.

• Love 6
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

What busy acting career? 

Uncle Nicky will find that winning script! Those awards on the shelves better not be cheap bookends ordered from Wish! (Granted he could go into producing or directing.)

Edited by MissLucas
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Uncle Nicky will find that winning script! Those awards on the shelves better not be cheap bookends ordered from Wish! (Granted he could go into producing or directing).

Kevin will write, produce, direct and star in the Jack Pearson biopic which will then net him that hardware.  He will accomplish this while on a break from his new home building company.  HIs wife will be a new character who somehow has the skills to make all of Kevin's dreams come true.  I do like the idea of him falling for a contractor, and the meet cute happens on the construction site.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, cameron said:

I don't see Rebecca using that rationale.  She and the whole family just can't get over St. Jack and will do anything to keep that image alive.  Kevin has his own family now (twins) and that should be his main focus. Rebecca needs to lean more on Miquel.

I wonder what the family would think if they knew that Jack was planning to rob a bar the night he met Rebecca?

I guess they would spin it that the love of Rebecca saved Jack from going down the wrong path in life.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

Those awards on the shelves better not be cheap bookends ordered from Wish!

Or they could belong to Kevin's wife. 

But I do think that Kevin produces a show, film or docuseries rooted in his family's story. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Pallas said:

But I do think that Kevin produces a show, film or docuseries rooted in his family's story. 

I just hope he skips the episode titled 'The Night my Brother went skinny-dipping with his Dead Mother' 🙄

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
(edited)
46 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I wonder what the family would think if they knew that Jack was planning to rob a bar the night he met Rebecca?

I guess they would spin it that the love of Rebecca saved Jack from going down the wrong path in life.

How true! No one is a saint but I wonder why they never think back on how much she did and how Jack orchestrated things and how their mom had no real friends and rotated around Jack. After his death she made Randall as much Jack as she could. Didn't he take her on a date once?

3 hours ago, bijoux said:

I think that is a red herring. They could be very close and after 4 or 5 years, playful.  It's also tacky to use the movie Sophie and Kevin loved, the Princess Bride and it's not Sophie he's with. Well maybe not tacky, but there are other movies. No way this show wants to show more than they can. Already I saw a FB thing where they all say something about season 6. Justin said "re connections"  Dan forgetting he had Kevin with a ring on in Rebecca's almost death bed scene, said :

Dan Fogelman, who knows a thing or seven about how that final season will take shape, first addressed Hartley's tease of "reconnections" when asked whether his wedding womp-womp might pave the way for Kevin's ex Sophie (Alexandra Breckinridge) to re-enter the picture. "If you're talking about what you want to see for Kevin, we'd like to see our lovable charming, larger-than-life guy find centered happiness and find, if not love, something in his romantic journey that feels complete and full," he hinted. "As a person who writes him, that's what I'm rooting for. Not everybody winds up married, not everybody winds up with who you'd expect. Certainly whatever choice we make there's going to be people who wished it was somebody else, but hopefully all people who root for the character will be satisfied with what it brings for Kevin."

I don't care much at this point but he definitely doesn't want it to be obvious and he probably knows some love Madison and some hate his wife. LOL  Kevin, single, I doubt but it wouldn't be a bad thing. On this show though, as someone mentioned, it's a sin to be happy and alone.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 5

My first post on Primetimer!  I rewatched the upcoming scenes and I don't think this has been mentioned .  The notepaper Kevin is reading his wedding speech from says "Big Three Homes." 

I think Kevin ends up with Madison. When Kevin went into the women's dressing room, Madison made a comment about telling Kevin 100 times already to not come in. They were also touchy with one another. Their interactions seemed  more like they are a couple. 

Philip (music teacher guy) had on a white vest, the other guys had on black. He's dressed as a groom. 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Mr.Mango said:

When Kevin went into the women's dressing room, Madison made a comment about telling Kevin 100 times already to not come in. They were also touchy with one another. Their interactions seemed  more like they are a couple. 

Given this show is... this show, this is exactly why I don't think Kevin is with Madison. 

They made the point several times that Madison and Kate are bff's apart from her being with Kevin, and that the Pearsons were her family now, and she's still the mother of 2/3 of the new Big Three, so her being around all day to tell Kevin to keep out doesn't have to mean they're a couple.

• Love 8

It occurred to me that because we see women's clothes in Keven's room he is definitely with someone at Kate's wedding. Since the Persons basically have no friends except family members, Kevin's lady friend would be a bridesmaid. Along with the other scenes that show Madison and Keven very friendly, we don't see any other lady friend in the wedding party. Therefore I'm gonna say it has to be Madison Kevin is with. At least with the info we have now. They may not be married, but I think they're together.

The show might be trying to fool us and will show more later to make this less likely, but I'm going with Madison for now. Unfortunately, I'm not at all vested in who Kevin ends up with. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Mr.Mango said:

Philip (music teacher guy) had on a white vest, the other guys had on black. He's dressed as a groom. 

Welcome to Primetimer, and good point about Philip's vest!

• Love 9

The show has thrown so many red herrings into tose last scenes it's hard to keep track! Good point about the white vest.

Madison is wearing her 'wedding' earrings. Another detail of significance - it's just not clear what it means. Is she married now? And if so, is she married to Kevin or someone else? Or is she wearing the earrings in a 'Screw you Mom - I'm wearing those things whenever I want to' kind of way?

Whatever the case we'll get to see more of her next season. There's no other reason for giving us flashbacks about her past in this episode.

• Love 6