Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Forgiving Is Not Forgetting

• Start Topic

Michael finds out about the breast reduction; Jovi's mom criticizes Yara's parenting; Kalani's sister is skeptical of Asuelu; Andrei confronts his broker-n-law; Julia worries about her immigration status; Tiffany's mom questions Ronald.

• Love 1

I have to side with Baby Huey on this one - why is his sister-in-law doing all the talking while his wife just sits there looking stupid??   I agree with @Chloe Dog about Tiffany and I believe Kalina is the same!   Both of them need to  dump their respective deadbeats or quit complaining either themselves or through their family.  And they need sew their knees together!  Or use birth control if the have to get them some.  Breeding is not mandatory anymore!

• Love 21

I have to say, I feel bad for Ronald. He is who he is and Tiffany knew damn well the situation when she got pregnant with that sweet girl. I suspect that she thought having a kid would make him grow up and change.....which may have happened if they were living together as a family. If she had realized South Africa was not going to meet her standards of living and that she just absolutely couldn't handle it BEFORE she got knocked up, I suspect they would have never rushed the wedding or if they did, they would have divorced now during the covid separation. The baby is the only reason she didn't bail on him already, that and the TLC pay check. Side note on that: I get her concerns, I do, especially with kids, but to his point, people are born and raised just fine in SA every damn day. It wasn't as if she was Ari on the Other way jetting off to Ethiopia.

He seems to have genuine love for her son and his little girl (based on clips and what we saw during a side episode of quarantine life or some other one off update I saw during covid lockdown). He wants to have the whole family life picket fence, but the guy is an addict. He is in recovery which is tough stuff and I don't think Tiff gives him enough credit for that----not saying that means he doesn't have any responsibility but damn woman! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

I think Tiffany, and Kalani will keep their deadbeats around, until TLC stops showing and paying them.   I can't imagine how a part time make-up artist, and a SAHM can pay their bills, without TLC money.   

Kolini chiming is wasn't right, but what she said was the right way to think about buying a house with a shaky marriage, and way more than the couple can afford.    I'm sure that if K & A "buy" a house, that his relatives will be standing on the door with suitcases the next day. 

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

He seems to have genuine love for her son and his little girl (based on clips and what we saw during a side episode of quarantine life or some other one off update I saw during covid lockdown). He wants to have the whole family life picket fence, but the guy is an addict. He is in recovery which is tough stuff and I don't think Tiff gives him enough credit for that----not saying that means he doesn't have any responsibility but damn woman! 

Ronald's no prize but that unfeeling bitch Tiffany hung him out to dry. She fled to the US to have her baby, taunted Ronald by saying that Carly is an American citizen, and nags him non stop about money. I think Ronald genuinely hoped to help Tiffany raise her son and hoped that they could build a family. Of COURSE it was going to be an uphill climb so early in his recovery! But Tiffany has shown no sensitivity or support for him. 

Ronald will soon join Jihoon in the "Dads Who Will Never See Their Kids Again" club.

• Love 16

Ronald's no prize but that unfeeling bitch Tiffany hung him out to dry. She fled to the US to have her baby, taunted Ronald by saying that Carly is an American citizen, and nags him non stop about money.

Exactly...don't marry and have a kid with a guy that (as far as we know) has no education, a criminal record, fresh out of rehab and then act like they pulled a bait and switch when they aren't bringing home wads of cash and moving you into a McMansion gated community. Accept that if you are going to make it work with this guy, you are going to be the breadwinner for now. He is no prize, but he never pretended to be one.....it was a vacation hook up that SHE took the initiative to continue long distance and filled his head with thoughts of raising Daniel together, starting a life and supporting his recovery. The only people in that relationship I truly feel bad for are the kids.....Daniel biological dad wasn't in the picture and never will be (he was murdered)....Carly won't ever know her bio dad and will probably be exposed to a revolving door of "stepdads"

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Let's all chip in and buy Koloni a shirt.

😄 Ok she got on my nerves this episode.  When Asuelo & Kalani said they wanted to buy a house this dumb a$$ said "like purchase?"  YES stupid purchasing a house is the same as buying a house!

And NO cooking with wine is not the same as drinking wine!  Gah how dumb is this family?!  Maybe I'm in a bad mood but this entire family just got on my friggin nerves.  I would want to move out to.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

Ok she got on my nerves this episode.  When Asuelo & Kalani said they wanted to buy a house this dumb a$$ said "like purchase?"  YES stupid purchasing a house is the same as buying a house!

I love how she lectures them when she just shoved her way in because she has not even an apartment of her own.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

A friend who went through the K-1 visa process said that the two main reasons INS put visas on hold are if the couple doesn’t have a joint account and the wife doesn’t have a bill in her married name.  Based on their conversation, it appears that Julia didn’t have all the documents she needed.

Someone should probably tell Angela that while her breasts are large and heavy, it’s more likely the cigarettes that is making it hard for her to breathe.

• Love 11

Time for some new 90 dayers. These people are boring AF except Jovi and Yara and that's only because they have only been around for a season. 

Tiffany, you picked a loser. Don't expect him to miraculously change now. Sounds like she picked a loser before and ended up with poor Daniel. 

Angela, keep smoking, you moron. Her friend is right. Ang is going to do what she wants, when she wants. I'm so sick of her. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she eventually gained all the weight back. She will have to continue to eat healthy and follow the diet PLAN. Not gonna happen with her. 

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

They asked the real estate agent if they can buy a house and he says yes...of course that is what he would say, they have not talked to a mortgage company yet? 

The last time (recently) I bought a house, you had to show proof that you were approved for a loan and how much you were approved for before any realtor would even consider showing you property. Their not about to waste their time with tire kickers. It's all bullshit for the show. Unless of course Kalani's daddy is going to buy the house for them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

The last time (recently) I bought a house, you had to show proof that you were approved for a loan and how much you were approved for before any realtor would even consider showing you property. Their not about to waste their time with tire kickers. It's all bullshit for the show. Unless of course Kalani's daddy is going to buy the house for them. 

My husband and I recently purchased as house as well and we didn't have to show proof that we had been approved while simply looking at houses.  It wasn't until we found a house we wanted to buy that we had to show the realtor a pre approved loan letter with the amount we were approved for.  *shrug*  Maybe it varies from state to state, I'm in S.C. sooo IDK.  Jumping on the furniture is definitely frowned upon but not a deal breaker.  I think realtors put up with a lot of b/s to close a sale.  So maybe, maybe not b/s for the show but then again the realtor gets to be on t.v. too so maybe that's an incentive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kalani and Asuelo think that buying a house would be the thing to save their marriage? Yea, no stress there, they own no furniture, they will have utility bills, taxes, insurance premiums and not to mention the mortgage payment, yea, no stress there.

They asked the real estate agent if they can buy a house and he says yes...of course that is what he would say, they have not talked to a mortgage company yet?  Dumb and Dumber do not work, they have no income, how do you buy a house with no income, seriously how do they think they will come out of this a home owner?  TLC pays that much?

Kalani sits there and lets her tears roll down her fat little face, says she is 80% sure she wants a divorce but wants to buy a house to try and salvage her marriage, WTF? Why not have another baby, that might work too! Idiot.

Also, let's sit at the table with a tray full of Lysol spray and hand sanitizer mixed in with the plates of food on the table. 

Let's all chip in and buy Koloni a shirt.

When I was a Real Estate agent, I usually always first sent the couple, especially a young couple, to the bank first, so they could be pre-qualified and know what size of mortgage they could easily handle. They are just having pipe dreams, they have no jobs to pay for everything owning a house entails, and that agent should have sent them to a bank instead of letting them think that buying a house was even possible!

Yes, I agree, Kalani needs a damn shirt before a mortgage!!

Edited by mittsigirl
spelling mistake
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Exactly...don't marry and have a kid with a guy that (as far as we know) has no education, a criminal record, fresh out of rehab and then act like they pulled a bait and switch when they aren't bringing home wads of cash and moving you into a McMansion gated community. Accept that if you are going to make it work with this guy, you are going to be the breadwinner for now. He is no prize, but he never pretended to be one.....it was a vacation hook up that SHE took the initiative to continue long distance and filled his head with thoughts of raising Daniel together, starting a life and supporting his recovery. The only people in that relationship I truly feel bad for are the kids.....Daniel biological dad wasn't in the picture and never will be (he was murdered)....Carly won't ever know her bio dad and will probably be exposed to a revolving door of "stepdads"

My heart breaks for poor little Daniel. I think that Ronald truly loves that little boy, and Daniel loves Ronald. She should have never let Daniel even meet Ronald, she didn't know if it would be a forever thing or not. Why take the chance of breaking that child's heart, thinking he has a true Dad in his life? Ronald may not be perfect, but she is just so mean to the guy.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Time for some new 90 dayers. These people are boring AF except Jovi and Yara and that's only because they have only been around for a season. 

Tiffany, you picked a loser. Don't expect him to miraculously change now. Sounds like she picked a loser before and ended up with poor Daniel. 

Angela, keep smoking, you moron. Her friend is right. Ang is going to do what she wants, when she wants. I'm so sick of her. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she eventually gained all the weight back. She will have to continue to eat healthy and follow the diet PLAN. Not gonna happen with her. 

I just can't see Angela having the discipline and focus it is going to take to stay away from her old diet, and her Cokes, and can see her starting out cheating here and there and then not being able to stop! Does she know what kind of scars she is going to have, for the rest of her life, after getting skin surgery?  And with having a breast reduction, was she told that she may then lose all sensation in her nipples, because of what they will do with those nipples while cutting the extra breast tissue off?  I think she should have done her research on these surgeries, she is kind of going into it pretty blind. After losing her weight, her face is going to age pretty fast, because having extra fat keeps your face looking younger than your true years. And no, dear Michael, men are not all of a sudden going to start running after her! She will be smaller but she will never lose that cackle or her shitty manners, or how crude and crass she is. Never!

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I sure wish this show would end it with Angela.  She keeps getting worse with the cackling and dirty remarks.  I really don’t want to hear about how much Michael loves her boobs and how he likes to pull on them.  An overweight 50 something woman acting like she is some kind of sex kitten and flirting with doctors and making a fool of herself.   It’s embarrassing to watch.  Go away Angela, Please!

I guess that my husband and I have not been doing sex the right way for the last 41 year, because there was no breast pulling going on with my D cup breasts! It sounded like she was nothing but a big old cow to him! And couldn't he have found someone a decade or 2 younger that had such large breasts?

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Angela/Michael: I dont understand a few things. 1. Why are they operating when she clearly didn't follow the rules. 2. Does Micheal seriously believe that Angela is that much of a prize? Because if he didn't he would just react with a "whatever you want darling". I know he has put in a lot of time and energy to get the green card but seriously I don't know if it's for show or he really gives a shit. I mean how far does this fiction go? Does he still believe that Angela will tote an egg?  Is Micheal on the same drugs big Mike is? And where can we get some so we can watch this shit? 3. Why is TLC keep her and Ed on the payroll when they are really despicable people. 
One thing I do understand is that if Angela cannot follow the rules prior to surgery she won't be able to stay on track after surgery. I give it 2 years before cake and ciggies win and she's up to 273 again.

Brandon/Julia: girlfriend should get the green card just for sleeping and giving baby Brandon a blow job.

Jovi/Yara:  of course the idiot would bring the wrong size pampers.

Kalani/Asuelu/Kolani: no comments. 

Tiffany/Ronald: Ronald needs to meet Jihoon. As a poster above said, Tiffany will take the same route as Devan and just start bringing boyfriend and after boyfriend as their new daddy. She probably will pop out another one from the next random dude who she will hook onto thinking he's going to give her the white picket fence. She needs to go on a reliable birth control.

Andrei/Libby/Family Libby: We all know this is scripted. But the preview with coven sister bitching that Andrei is taking food out of their mouth or money or whatever. Uh honey, just keep posting your twat on Only Fans and I am sure you will be raking it in from hungry incels like Colt and Ed. 

• Love 16
(edited)

My husband and I recently purchased as house as well and we didn't have to show proof that we had been approved while simply looking at houses.  It wasn't until we found a house we wanted to buy that we had to show the realtor a pre approved loan letter with the amount we were approved for.  *shrug*  Maybe it varies from state to state, I'm in S.C. sooo IDK.

I'm in SC, too. The first question out of their mouths before even meeting us was "Do you have a pre-approval letter"? It makes perfect sense to me and I wasn't offended by it.  Why would any realtor want to drive all over town showing homes to people that can't afford them? That's not working smart. There are a lot of stupid people out there that will look at $400,000 houses when in reality they can only afford $200,000.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Ronald's no prize but that unfeeling bitch Tiffany hung him out to dry. She fled to the US to have her baby, taunted Ronald by saying that Carly is an American citizen, and nags him non stop about money. I think Ronald genuinely hoped to help Tiffany raise her son and hoped that they could build a family. Of COURSE it was going to be an uphill climb so early in his recovery! But Tiffany has shown no sensitivity or support for him. 

Ronald will soon join Jihoon in the "Dads Who Will Never See Their Kids Again" club.

No birth control. Then they complain.  Stupid whining bitches make me sick.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Shauna said:

What kind of plastic surgeon does a breast reduction BEFORE the patient loses weight?  Angela will lose weight in that area, too, and be all pancake-y.

Don't worry, Michael, NO ONE WANTS wants your woman. 

Does it really matter? It’s Angela. No amount of surgery, in any order, is going to make her into a decent human being.  

André and Chucklefuck Jr and their “heartfelt” convo was  ridiculous. No apology from the drunken asshole. André is right about two things. He’s smarter than the whole family brain trust combined and Chucklefuck Jr and the coven will try to sabotage him every step of the way. 

• Love 21

Watched with my DD who later demanded to know why I don't post selfies on the Live Chat of us watching the show anymore...and then got mad that I'd taken one of her while she was sleeping. I told her I'd post on the reg thread.

So here we are: my regular watching buddy and the sick puppy, Chandler. 

She loves Julia and Yara, has decided that Brandon is a "Peter Pan" ("I KNOW guys like him, Mommy, and they never grow up"), Angela and her snorting is the "3rd layer of Hell," and Natalie might be nuts but that the "Dollar Store version of Blake Shelton" ('he probably likes Nickleback AND bro country, Mom") may have "messed with her head."She's also my budding vet. She wants to be a YouTuber who "teaches kids about animals." She loves the snark everyone brings. I read a lot of the comments to her. She feels like she knows some of you.

In this episode she told Gwen to "take a seat, Sis." For Angela: "If Mykull did that she'd throw a cake at him. A good cake, too. Like a DQ one. People just waste a lot." Re Julia, "No wonder She wants to move to Vegas. Her in-laws are cray Cray. She'd probably move into Wal-Mart like that one girl if she could." Thinks Mike is "totally shady" about Picturegate. She also spent 2 hours waiting for Liz and Ed. "There are just too many shows. I'm confused, Mom!" I told her we were, too.

She would also like you to know that her hand was petting the dog and this wasn't, as her brother said, some "crazy Deaven photoshopping stuff." When he teased her she said, "I'm not a Catfish! Who the heck do you think I am? Tom?!" That both of my kids can name drop cast members makes me both proud and ashamed.

220829663_IrisChan1.png.74aa94d87876c38738935d8b8e2fd56d.png

• Love 19
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think Tiffany, and Kalani will keep their deadbeats around, until TLC stops showing and paying them.   I can't imagine how a part time make-up artist, and a SAHM can pay their bills, without TLC money.   

YES, YES, a thousand times YES!  This is the ONLY rationalization I can come up with to justify these two women (with 'reasonably acceptable' IQs) remaining in such "mad as a hatter" marriages.  🐰🐰

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Watched with my DD who later demanded to know why I don't post selfies on the Live Chat of us watching the show anymore...and then got mad that I'd taken one of her while she was sleeping. I told her I'd post on the reg thread.

So here we are: my regular watching buddy and the sick puppy, Chandler. 

She loves Julia and Yara, has decided that Brandon is a "Peter Pan" ("I KNOW guys like him, Mommy, and they never grow up"), Angela and her snorting is the "3rd layer of Hell," and Natalie might be nuts but that the "Dollar Store version of Blake Shelton" ('he probably likes Nickleback AND bro country, Mom") may have "messed with her head."She's also my budding vet. She wants to be a YouTuber who "teaches kids about animals." She loves the snark everyone brings. I read a lot of the comments to her. She feels like she knows some of you.

In this episode she told Gwen to "take a seat, Sis." For Angela: "If Mykull did that she'd throw a cake at him. A good cake, too. Like a DQ one. People just waste a lot." Re Julia, "No wonder She wants to move to Vegas. Her in-laws are cray Cray. She'd probably move into Wal-Mart like that one girl if she could." Thinks Mike is "totally shady" about Picturegate. She also spent 2 hours waiting for Liz and Ed. "There are just too many shows. I'm confused, Mom!" I told her we were, too.

She would also like you to know that her hand was petting the dog and this wasn't, as her brother said, some "crazy Deaven photoshopping stuff." When he teased her she said, "I'm not a Catfish! Who the heck do you think I am? Tom?!" That both of my kids can name drop cast members makes me both proud and ashamed.

220829663_IrisChan1.png.74aa94d87876c38738935d8b8e2fd56d.png

Your daughter is such a cutie pie. She looks like a little angel.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm sure that if K & A "buy" a house, that his relatives will be standing on the door with suitcases the next day. 

Ohhhh...why did I not even think about that?

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 5/10/2021 at 5:57 AM, Chloe Dog said:

Tiffany is that quintessential nagging bitch of a wife that wife jokes are made about.  I might have a little sympathy if after a few years, her husband morphed into this deadbeat, but she married him this way dammit!  He is who he is.  Did she think she would change him?  The whole situation is so ridiculous and bordering on abusive the way she keeps ragging on him.  He obviously isn't marriage material, never was, so cut your losses and cut the cord.  This broad keeps making the worst decisions and doesn't expect to pay for them.  Yes, I believe the father should shoulder the responsibility, but maybe she should have thought twice before making babies with an unemployed ex-con going through rehab in a foreign country.

What really annoys me about Tiffany besides all of the above is how she takes no responsibility for her own actions yet doesn't hesitate to call out others.  She really needs to look in a mirror.

Edited by endure
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Kid said:

I have to side with Baby Huey on this one - why is his sister-in-law doing all the talking while his wife just sits there looking stupid??   I agree with @Chloe Dog about Tiffany and I believe Kalina is the same!   Both of them need to  dump their respective deadbeats or quit complaining either themselves or through their family.  And they need sew their knees together!  Or use birth control if the have to get them some.  Breeding is not mandatory anymore!

Seriously usually it's the Mother who is an issue on this show but Kolini really needs to mind her own business and act like a guest not the boss of everyone.

• Love 8

Kalani, before wasting a lot of people's time, you and Asuelu need to visit your bank or a mortgage broker to see exactly what you are qualified for in terms of buying a house. And not buy the house at the high end of your limit. You have taxes, utilities, repairs, etc. to add to the montlhy amount. Stop wasting a realtor's time, and a seller's time by waiting to get a qualifying mortgage. It's not fun to have deals close because, well, we didn't qualify for the mortgage. Rent a house first. And maybe ask Kolini to move out. If it is the parents' house, well, it's going to be tight for a bit.

Brandon, Julia will never be happy at the farm. She is waiting to move to the city. Before your interview, you should have had a checklist of what is required. If you need to get your wife's name on a bill or add her to a bank account, that is what you do. Unless a new form has been added - and that should be noted on the website - it's your fault.

Angela should have been denied her surgery because she did not follow the rules. The doctor knows she has been eating solid food, knows of her habits, etc. He should have moved the surgery to a few months later to get her with the program. I probably wouldn't have gone for the reduction for at least 3 to 6 months after she has lost a bunch of weight. Unless there was a loose skin issue that had to be addressed earlier. Mykull, no one wants Angela - dozens of men will not be lining up to be with her once she has her surgery. Her body may change a bit, but she will still be nasty and abusive. Just in a smaller package.

Tiffany, you know exactly who Ronald is. I think you like having a part-time husband to see whenever you like. Wonder if there are any other dudes around. Yeah, Ronald should be contributing to the airfare costs. You chose this dude, you knew he was an addict right out of rehab, and you still married him and got knocked up really fast. A lot of this is on - you - and your bad choices.

Jovi, you still shop like a single dude. Beer, ramen noodles, and the wrong size baby diapers. I get that Yara wants to parent her way, but if she is a brand new mom, unless she's read a lot of baby books or has extensive babysitting experience or helping raise younger siblings, she doesn't know as much as she thinks. She should be grateful that Jovi's mom wants to help out. Listen to her, nod, and be thankful you have someone to help you out for the first little bit. Being a new parent is exhausting and your body has to heal from giving birth. She may be in great shape and will heal faster, but she will be tired. Do you have to take all of Gwen's advice? Nope.

Family Libby? Andrei and Charlie have similar hairdos. Do they go to the same barber? Andrei does not have the experience to just flip houses on a whim. He does need to learn the business. Get over himself and work with Chuck and Charlie for 6 months. Maybe they do get along but they do need a storyline to keep them on the show.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Your daughter is such a cutie pie. She looks like a little angel.

It's her disguise. She's pretty on the outside but inside she's tough and ornery. I love it.

Is anyone actually entertained by Aseulu and Kalani? I can't even snark on them. Watching them makes me uncomfortable.

• Love 7

If I was Kalani and could afford to divorce him, I would. He can live with his mother or go back to Samoa. And send child support and visit the kids. Definitely not have plans to have another one. It's not going to fix the relationship. Band-aid kids usually don't, except for a short period of time. She should be looking at her options, job prospects, and check out.

• Love 3
(edited)

31 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I get that Yara wants to parent her way, but if she is a brand new mom, unless she's read a lot of baby books or has extensive babysitting experience or helping raise younger siblings, she doesn't know as much as she thinks. She should be grateful that Jovi's mom wants to help out. Listen to her, nod, and be thankful you have someone to help you out for the first little bit.

Okay, Frozen, I love ya but I have to strongly disagree with this. There is nothing more stressful in having a new baby than having to listen to people chide and lecture you. I have 3 kids and I still don't know what I'm doing, and neither does anyone else. You learn by experience, not by someone standing over you and telling you everything you're doing wrong. The baby has a pediatrician. There are tons of websites out there that answer most every new parents questions. Unless she's doing something that puts the baby in immediate danger then Gwen needs to step back. She's not the mother. 

If Gwen truly wants to help then there are many things one can do to help out a new mom: do the laundry or dishes, cook a meal, run to the store, give the baby a bath, take out the garbage, fold baby clothes, offer to watch the baby while Yara naps or takes a bath...

My MIL came to stay with us when our son was a week old. I fed him and rocked him to sleep, but then held onto him instead of putting him to bed. I was just enjoying holding him. My MIL immediately went into this big about how I needed to put him down, that he needed to stretch, that I needed to think about HIS needs, etc. The thing is, I was getting ready to put him to bed, but when she went into her helpful advice I changed my mind. I sat there for 2 hours, until I thought my arms would fall off and I was going to pee all over myself. 

The most helpful people to us as new parents were our friends with multiple kids. Giving us confidence by telling us that we had it and that we were doing great helped more than anything my MIL said. It also made us feel comfortable to call them if we had questions...and we did. A lot.

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 8

I think Gwen generally means well and she, Jovi, and Yara should have a chat about what happens when Jovi is gone for the two months every month or two and her role as Grandma. Should she be hovering around? No. They do need to talk about boundaries. I've known women who have tried dumping their kids on their mothers, ones who have had abusive partners and someone else there meant they were safe for a bit, ones battling addictions. Yara is by herself, she seems to have no real friends, no real support system.  Doesn't seem to know any other new or other moms in the area. She will be alone. Hopefully she can call Gwen in an emergency and ask her pediatrician if he or she can recommend any new moms support groups, mom and baby activities so she can make friends and also some Internet sites/messageboards, even local ones, or Skype or Facetime groups. Gwen also knows that her son is struggling with his new role. She should be the one with the broom and dustpan and not interfere but she is probably used to doing so and it is very hard to stop. Hopefully she will wean herself away from them, will back off and try to be the helpful one that is asked for help.

• Love 3

I cannot imagine how anyone STANDS being around Angela.  She speaks nastily to everyone, including her supposed "love" and "best friend", she seems like she smells, and her dour personality mixed with that HORRID cackle are just repellent. Just no.  We all know she is going to do all of this work for NOTHING b/c there is no way she is going to have the discipline to handle this...she wasn't drinking broth, she was eating actual chicken soup with pasta and chucks of chicken.  That's not a clear diet. FFS. 

Kahlani and Tiffany are the poster children for "You knew who tf your man was.  You got knocked up and married his dumb ass anyway. And now you take zero responsibility for your portion of the shit show you live in."  I would love to understand how Miss "Virtual" Make-Up Artist and Miss SAHM are going to qualify for loans and other major financial things.  I'm sure Tiff was annoyed at having to continual live at her mom's house, but I'm certain she also wasn't purchasing groceries, nor saying no to free babysitting.  Let's see how well she does on her own b/c she seems nice and lazy, and has a bad pattern with men (heaven forbid another comes along).  And with Kahlani, buying a house will fix nothing in her marriage.  I'd like to see what kind of loan a SAHM and gig economy Uber driver get.  Looking at brand new $350K+ houses...crazy. 

Every time we cut to Tampa, I cringe.  As an Orlandian, I just die a little bit at how much Family Libby are stereotypical Florida/Tampa trash.  Ick.

Oh look, Jovi is still useless.  What a shock.  I know Gwen means well (and maybe a 4 day old is too early to take a baby out, IMO), but she has to figure out how to not rub Yara the wrong way.  But, Gwen came in with 2 boxes of diapers...and you KNOW they were the right size b/c she isn't an idiot like her son.  So, is Jovi even going to home a month before he has to leave for 2 months to South America?!  I get that's the nature of his job, but damn, that's tough on a new mom like Yara. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Okay, Frozen, I love ya but I have to strongly disagree with this. There is nothing more stressful in having a new baby than having to listen to people chide and lecture you. I have 3 kids and I still don't know what I'm doing, and neither does anyone else. You learn by experience, not by someone standing over you and telling you everything you're doing wrong. The baby has a pediatrician. There are tons of websites out there that answer most every new parents questions. Unless she's doing something that puts the baby in immediate danger then Gwen needs to step back. She's not the mother. 

If Gwen truly wants to help then there are many things one can do to help out a new mom: do the laundry or dishes, cook a meal, run to the store, give the baby a bath, take out the garbage, fold baby clothes, offer to watch the baby while Yara naps or takes a bath...

I agree 100% with this. The last thing any new mother needs is more stress. Having to slap on a smile and thank someone for her concern when you're screaming "leave me alone!" inside is not helpful. Maybe a more stoic person than I could manage it, but I sure couldn't. I'd read a ton and felt as ready as I'd ever be when I brought my son home. He came home from NICU and I had a visiting nurse for a few weeks--she was great. She helped and encouraged me. I made mistakes but they were my mistakes and I learned from them. If someone had been standing there throwing shade I would have LOST it. I even fired my pediatrician because he kept giving me unsolicited advice. (He wasn't much good at hiding his contempt for an older mother he thought was being foolish). I expected him to tend to my child's health, not be a parenting coach. I found a wonderful woman doctor instead, who answered my questions but didn't cross a line. 

Yara's doing fine. She's tired and weepy but needs to be supported and encouraged, not criticized. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

that's tough on a new mom like Yara. 

The hormones, oh the hormones...I feel for Yara but she will be fine and will settle in to the rhythm of motherhood. 

The thing that I find crazy is that they did not use birth control knowing that Jovi's job takes him out of the country for a month plus, this is how he makes money to keep Yara and the baby in an apartment, fed and insured.  So Yara crying about Jovi needs to spend more time at home is unrealistic and stupid, does nobody plan anything, talk about anything or use birth control?  Why is birth control the big evil?

Having a mother in law that really wants to help is a wonderful thing, Gwen seems down for sleeping on the couch if needed. 

I can remember having my first, idiot mother in law was a nightmare, nasty piece of work that talked badly about me to everyone, telling people I did not know what I was doing...yeah, thanks for all the "help." She watched me days after I delivered crawl on the floor to pick up the newspapers she read and threw on the floor, I had to empty the sink of all the dishes she left, never offered to bring me lunch, sat in my living room and ignored me and the baby.  Thank goodness for my mother but I managed and Yara will too, she may cry thru the days but heck, we all did!

• Love 7
14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm in SC, too. The first question out of their mouths before even meeting us was "Do you have a pre-approval letter"? It makes perfect sense to me and I wasn't offended by it.  Why would any realtor want to drive all over town showing homes to people that can't afford them? That's not working smart. There are a lot of stupid people out there that will look at $400,000 houses when in reality they can only afford $200,000.

Our realtor did ask what our price range was, how much we could afford but she didn't ask for a pre approved letter.  Enh, IDK maybe we just looked like sensible people. *shrug*

As far as Asuelo & Kalani go who knows what they can actually afford.  I'm sure they are making some real dough from the show and maybe this hunting for an affordable house is all for a story line. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Every time we cut to Tampa, I cringe.  As an Orlandian, I just die a little bit at how much Family Libby are stereotypical Florida/Tampa trash.  Ick.

I lived in St Pete for a long while, and Family Libby seem to me like straight up Plant City.  Like, I'm sure they all ran for Strawberry Princess during the Strawberry Festival.  No doubt.  I think they actually live in Zephyrhills?  IDK.  But my friends still in Tampa proper are like "Please don't let them represent us.  We can offer so much better than.... THEM." LOL

One of those friends who proudly watches every second of this franchise has said often:  The more airtime people like Family Libby and Angela get, the more applicants like Andrew and Brandon they will get.  And they know America is watching regardless.  And much like the Family Duggar, once the poop hits the fan, they'll pretend they didn't see it (something terrible) coming.  

She also buys merch from places like Red Bubble or teespring with cast members likenesses.  She's basically Rebecca without a Zied.  lol

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why is birth control the big evil?

Not sure - in my 20's I had several forms and was NOT afraid to talk and discuss.

7 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I cannot imagine how anyone STANDS being around Angela.  She speaks nastily to everyone, including her supposed "love" and "best friend", she seems like she smells, and her dour personality mixed with that HORRID cackle are just repellent. Just no.

When she is on , we have closed captioning on and the tv is on mute.  I can't stand that cackle or all the talk that EVERY! MAN! in AMERICA! is out for her so you better watch it, My-Kul!!!

On 5/10/2021 at 7:57 AM, Chloe Dog said:

Tiffany is that quintessential nagging bitch of a wife that wife jokes are made about.  I might have a little sympathy if after a few years, her husband morphed into this deadbeat, but she married him this way dammit!  He is who he is.  Did she think she would change him?  The whole situation is so ridiculous and bordering on abusive the way she keeps ragging on him.  He obviously isn't marriage material, never was, so cut your losses and cut the cord. 

Yep, and I I were Ronald I would fully expect to see Carly showing up on FB, IG, or whatever the kids are using in the future calling baby dad #3 "Dad" - she did it with Daniel she will do it with Carly.

22 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

100% this!

• Love 11

Our realtor did ask what our price range was, how much we could afford but she didn't ask for a pre approved letter.  Enh, IDK maybe we just looked like sensible people. *shrug*

As far as Asuelo & Kalani go who knows what they can actually afford.  I'm sure they are making some real dough from the show and maybe this hunting for an affordable house is all for a story line. 

I'm friends with a few realtor here and they don't require letters, either. They'll ask for budget and who you might be borrowing through. My realtor actually hooked me up with my lender.

Aseulu and Kalani are like those couples who are all, "I teach muskrat yoga part time and he sells paintings of toenail clippings on the boardwalk. Our budget is $2 million."

I think this is a story line, or else TLC is paying for the house (which could just be an Air BnB). 

Some of these folks are making bank on OF and Cameo. Real money, like $20,000 per month. If it were me I'd buy a house with a modest budget and pay in cash. Same with vehicles. And then, when all this ends, at least our cars and home would be paid for. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I'm friends with a few realtor here and they don't require letters, either. They'll ask for budget and who you might be borrowing through. My realtor actually hooked me up with my lender.

Aseulu and Kalani are like those couples who are all, "I teach muskrat yoga part time and he sells paintings of toenail clippings on the boardwalk. Our budget is $2 million."

I think this is a story line, or else TLC is paying for the house (which could just be an Air BnB). 

Some of these folks are making bank on OF and Cameo. Real money, like $20,000 per month. If it were me I'd buy a house with a modest budget and pay in cash. Same with vehicles. And then, when all this ends, at least our cars and home would be paid for. 

Me too.  Pay off my house, pay off what is left on my car and work when I have to.  Sounds good to me!  Of course, OF is really not my style......

House Hunters:  "I make sculptures out of wet cereal and my wife makes ornamental squirrel pillows!  Our budget is 2.1 million!"

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I wonder if Grangela's storyline wasn't faked or manipulated. I'm not sure if we actually saw her eat any of the solid food in the soup. She did smoke, though, so it could well be that the smoking and eating was filmed long before the surgery.

Of course, she could actually be stupid enough to eat solid food before surgery. Smoking is a risk factor for any surgery, but for the habit itself, not so much for the day of surgery as far as I know.

• Love 5
(edited)

So I can understand Michael considering Angela’s obesity to be a sign of affluence, success and luxury. That must be why he has packed on the pounds as well.  He lives in a place where poverty is rampant.  And did he say he comes from a “family” of 16 kids?  Wow, so much to say about that!  His relationship with Angela is based on material things - which may not always be as they are now.  His life is soooo different than hers in every way.  Remember when she forced him to cook dinner and said that he would be doing the cooking in the US and he said he was doing it as a special occasion?  Even if she was nice to him, I just don’t see it working long term.

@Gobi, I can imagine Angela saying that the contents of the soup was soft so that’s good enough.   They should have told her clear liquids.  I have never heard that it’s OK to smoke on the day of your surgery. Although I do have an acquaintance that I know for a fact smoked and drank up until her surgery and lucky for her, she came out fine.  

Edited by Colfrmb
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I wonder if Grangela's storyline wasn't faked or manipulated. I'm not sure if we actually saw her eat any of the solid food in the soup. She did smoke, though, so it could well be that the smoking and eating was filmed long before the surgery.

Of course, she could actually be stupid enough to eat solid food before surgery. Smoking is a risk factor for any surgery, but for the habit itself, not so much for the day of surgery as far as I know.

I thought about production playing with the timeline and filming out of sequence but I would not put it past her to go thru a drive thru on her way to surgery and stomp out a butt on her way in to the building.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Knowing what we know about Angela and knowing what we know about TLC production I would side that Angela didn't follow the rules. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7