Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Forgiving Is Not Forgetting

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The hormones, oh the hormones...I feel for Yara but she will be fine and will settle in to the rhythm of motherhood. 

The thing that I find crazy is that they did not use birth control knowing that Jovi's job takes him out of the country for a month plus, this is how he makes money to keep Yara and the baby in an apartment, fed and insured.  So Yara crying about Jovi needs to spend more time at home is unrealistic and stupid, does nobody plan anything, talk about anything or use birth control?  Why is birth control the big evil?

Having a mother in law that really wants to help is a wonderful thing, Gwen seems down for sleeping on the couch if needed. 

I can remember having my first, idiot mother in law was a nightmare, nasty piece of work that talked badly about me to everyone, telling people I did not know what I was doing...yeah, thanks for all the "help." She watched me days after I delivered crawl on the floor to pick up the newspapers she read and threw on the floor, I had to empty the sink of all the dishes she left, never offered to bring me lunch, sat in my living room and ignored me and the baby.  Thank goodness for my mother but I managed and Yara will too, she may cry thru the days but heck, we all did!

This is also a reality show with manufactured drama. Gwen may have been told to come across as a bit overbearing. And there is the notorious editing. She may be perfectly cool and helpful when needed.

Found it odd that no one stocked up on a few packages of diapers and other baby needs. Surely Jovi and Yara went to Target or Walmart or wherever to get stuff for the baby before she was born. Enough for at least a couple of weeks. Don’t recall Yara having a baby shower where she’d get some onesies, diapers, baby powder, shampoo, diaper cream, etc.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I'm friends with a few realtor here and they don't require letters, either. They'll ask for budget and who you might be borrowing through. My realtor actually hooked me up with my lender.

Aseulu and Kalani are like those couples who are all, "I teach muskrat yoga part time and he sells paintings of toenail clippings on the boardwalk. Our budget is $2 million."

I think this is a story line, or else TLC is paying for the house (which could just be an Air BnB). 

Some of these folks are making bank on OF and Cameo. Real money, like $20,000 per month. If it were me I'd buy a house with a modest budget and pay in cash. Same with vehicles. And then, when all this ends, at least our cars and home would be paid for. 

But you are a sensible person! We all know darn well that they're all rushing to live beyond their means! Look at Family Libby and their Mercedes SUV's. All leased, I bet. 

31 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Knowing what we know about Angela and knowing what we know about TLC production I would side that Angela didn't follow the rules. 

Angela herself bragged that she was a "rule breaker".

4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Found it odd that no one stocked up on a few packages of diapers and other baby needs. Surely Jovi and Yara went to Target or Walmart or wherever to get stuff for the baby before she was born. Enough for at least a couple of weeks. Don’t recall Yara having a baby shower where she’d get some onesies, diapers, baby powder, shampoo, diaper cream, etc.

That does seem odd. Gwen, that dedicated party-thrower, probably threw Yara a shower. And usually Matt Sharp is all about showing us those dreary family parties. Maybe COVID prevented it? I'm. totally lost on all the time lines. 

My go-to baby gift for anyone is a case of diapers. Not fancy, but practical. 

• Love 5

I’m finding this show boring and think I will just watch pillow talk from now on. Random comments ; I’m sure a lot of stuff is staged including Angela’s eating. Jovi buying the wrong sized diapers is not a sin; at least he is willing to shop. And my husband and I are looking to buy a house in Florida to eventually retire to; we just viewed a bunch of houses and never were asked for any kind of proof that we could afford to buy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I cannot imagine how anyone STANDS being around Angela.  She speaks nastily to everyone, including her supposed "love" and "best friend", she seems like she smells, and her dour personality mixed with that HORRID cackle are just repellent. Just no.  We all know she is going to do all of this work for NOTHING b/c there is no way she is going to have the discipline to handle this...she wasn't drinking broth, she was eating actual chicken soup with pasta and chucks of chicken.  That's not a clear diet. FFS. 

She also has major victim mentality...everyone is against her, they're all out to get her, they're not waiting with bated breath for her calls. She is SO self-centered. I am so tired of watching her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

This is also a reality show with manufactured drama. Gwen may have been told to come across as a bit overbearing. And there is the notorious editing. She may be perfectly cool and helpful when needed.

Gwen does seem to get an odd edit. She goes from incredibly nice and helpful one episode to incredibly gauche the next. Possible, but I suspect editing chicanery.

Jovi said that he got the only diaper size that the store had. As this was filmed around the time of the great toilet paper panic of 2020, he may have been telling the truth.

• Love 8

Jovi said that he got the only diaper size that the store had. As this was filmed around the time of the great toilet paper panic of 2020, he may have been telling the truth.

Or he went to a wonky corner bodega type market with very limited stock even on a good day.....just guessing since they do live in the city and she mentioned he didn't really buy any of teh stuff on her list. He ran to the corner market instead of driving or ubering to an actual full size store to get supplies

• Love 6
16 hours ago, endure said:

What really annoys me about Tiffany besides all of the above is how she takes no responsibility for her own actions yet doesn't hesitate to call out others.  She really needs to look in a mirror.

In the mirror, she sees gorgeous shoulders with the same style blouse in 55 colors.  The tippity tops of her breasts show either a snake or some kind of dragon on each breast, barely visible.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That does seem odd. Gwen, that dedicated party-thrower, probably threw Yara a shower. And usually Matt Sharp is all about showing us those dreary family parties. Maybe COVID prevented it? I'm. totally lost on all the time lines. 

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I think they had a gender reveal party?  I had my baby in 1989, the gender reveal I had was on delivery day haha.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I’m finding this show boring and think I will just watch pillow talk from now on. Random comments ; I’m sure a lot of stuff is staged including Angela’s eating. Jovi buying the wrong sized diapers is not a sin; at least he is willing to shop. And my husband and I are looking to buy a house in Florida to eventually retire to; we just viewed a bunch of houses and never were asked for any kind of proof that we could afford to buy. 

We bought during Covid in California and were required to show a lender pre qualification letter to the realtor before we could even view homes.   

• Useful 3
(edited)

Jovi was probably telling the truth.   I'll also give Gwen a pass on saying going out with a tiny baby was wrong.   New Orleans was Covid central.   So Gwen may not have been diplomatic, but she wasn't wrong either.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10

Forgot to mention the ending scene where the doctors are telling Angela to wake up and so "panicked" that she isn't is just a rehash of the same scene when Larissa got her plastic surgery. Not buying it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Goodtimes said:

We bought during Covid in California and were required to show a lender pre qualification letter to the realtor before we could even view homes.   

Do they not have open houses then in California? They have them here in Chicago and anyone can come. My neighbor is a realtor and she said she shows to anyone who asks and seems to be really in the market plus she does open houses. We also had no questions asked in Florida. I guess different parts of the country operate differently.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It's her disguise. She's pretty on the outside but inside she's tough and ornery. I love it.

Is anyone actually entertained by Aseulu and Kalani? I can't even snark on them. Watching them makes me uncomfortable.

She is a very beautiful girl! That's how I raised my 3 beautiful daughters, pretty on the outside, but each their own woman who you don't mess with on the inside. Always taught them that they are the captains of their own ships, wanted them to be strong women who did not need a man to feel complete. I  lost 1 to cancer, but the other 2 have given me 8 beautiful grandkids:)

• Love 4
22 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Okay, Frozen, I love ya but I have to strongly disagree with this. There is nothing more stressful in having a new baby than having to listen to people chide and lecture you. I have 3 kids and I still don't know what I'm doing, and neither does anyone else. You learn by experience, not by someone standing over you and telling you everything you're doing wrong. The baby has a pediatrician. There are tons of websites out there that answer most every new parents questions. Unless she's doing something that puts the baby in immediate danger then Gwen needs to step back. She's not the mother. 

If Gwen truly wants to help then there are many things one can do to help out a new mom: do the laundry or dishes, cook a meal, run to the store, give the baby a bath, take out the garbage, fold baby clothes, offer to watch the baby while Yara naps or takes a bath...

My MIL came to stay with us when our son was a week old. I fed him and rocked him to sleep, but then held onto him instead of putting him to bed. I was just enjoying holding him. My MIL immediately went into this big about how I needed to put him down, that he needed to stretch, that I needed to think about HIS needs, etc. The thing is, I was getting ready to put him to bed, but when she went into her helpful advice I changed my mind. I sat there for 2 hours, until I thought my arms would fall off and I was going to pee all over myself. 

The most helpful people to us as new parents were our friends with multiple kids. Giving us confidence by telling us that we had it and that we were doing great helped more than anything my MIL said. It also made us feel comfortable to call them if we had questions...and we did. A lot.

But since this is TLC, maybe they have just told Gwen to act like a know-it-all MIL? They have to put something extra in the script for Yara & Jovi & Gwen, can't let us think that they are polite around each other, can they? Who knows what the truth really is.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

In the mirror, she sees gorgeous shoulders with the same style blouse in 55 colors.  The tippity tops of her breasts show either a snake or some kind of dragon on each breast, barely visible.

I think they are faded, discolored hummingbirds? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Gotta say, I am NOT mad at Kalini in that overalls / little shirt underneath number. That woman CRUSHES "casual hot" in my book. 

And that's not the same house they were in last time we say them. No apple tree in the yard, the kitchen was yellow, and her dad isn't around. Definitely an Air BNB. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Do they not have open houses then in California? They have them here in Chicago and anyone can come. My neighbor is a realtor and she said she shows to anyone who asks and seems to be really in the market plus she does open houses. We also had no questions asked in Florida. I guess different parts of the country operate differently.

Same here. 

Considering our personal anecdotes and Kalani/Aseulu in general I think we can safely say that A) it depends on state/area/realtor and B) there's no way they are buying a quarter of a million dollar house on part time yogurt work.

9 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

But since this is TLC, maybe they have just told Gwen to act like a know-it-all MIL? They have to put something extra in the script for Yara & Jovi & Gwen, can't let us think that they are polite around each other, can they? Who knows what the truth really is.

Yeah, but I'd say that about 90% of the show.

If we limited our complaints and conversation to what's actually "real" then we'd only be left with the Squiem Mullet, deep cleavage, and cold shoulders.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Same here. 

Considering our personal anecdotes and Kalani/Aseulu in general I think we can safely say that A) it depends on state/area/realtor and B) there's no way they are buying a quarter of a million dollar house on part time yogurt work.

Pretty sure, since that was new constructions, that it was a model home in an open-to-the-public development.  Prior to Covid I used to frequent those because I wasn't wasting any salesperson's time.  They're there anyway.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Pretty sure, since that was new constructions, that it was a model home in an open-to-the-public development.  Prior to Covid I used to frequent those because I wasn't wasting any salesperson's time.  They're there anyway.

Yes, it was the model home. The realtor or property manager said it was.

It’s getting to the point I genuinely despise Angela. She needs to stop acting like she cares about what Michael thinks when she just does what she wants anyway. She doesn’t understand him at all or what he’s worried about. Why is he upset? Because he’s worried for your health, holy fuck.

I'm still not over her ignorance of the definitions of "no solids" and "all liquids". Chicken chunks in soup are still solids. She'll gain it back like David.

I don’t know how JoJo can put up with her, she’s so despicable, selfish, and just annoying. 

And can we talk about Angela smoking a cigarette IN A HOTEL ROOM?  I can’t believe they didn’t kick her out.

Kolini needs to butt out of her sister’s marriage. She’s not helping anything. Kalani fuels her family overstepping because she asks for it and has 0 boundaries. Ansuelo is dead weight, but it’s like Kolini is trying to purposely sabotage their marriage when they already have enough problems. If my sister-in-law showed up and undermined me like that to my face, in front of my children, I would lose my shi

I completely blame Libby for her family’s poor relationship with Andrei. Libby knew her family are argumentative, kind of crappy people, but she wanted them in her life. When Andrei was unable to get along with them (mostly bc he is also an unpleasant person), she should have never married Andrei knowing she was never going to choose him over her family. For their relationship to work, Libby has to have distance from her family. Since she is unwilling to take space for her marriage, it was wrong to marry Andrei. It’s ridiculous to keep throwing him and the family together and being mad everyone is still fighting.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I completely blame Libby for her family’s poor relationship with Andrei. Libby knew her family are argumentative, kind of crappy people, but she wanted them in her life. When Andrei was unable to get along with them (mostly bc he is also an unpleasant person), she should have never married Andrei knowing she was never going to choose him over her family. For their relationship to work, Libby has to have distance from her family. Since she is unwilling to take space for her marriage, it was wrong to marry Andrei. It’s ridiculous to keep throwing him and the family together and being mad everyone is still fighting.

Yep, when she said, about Punchable Charlie and Andrei:  "They better work it out", uh.....no.  YOU stand up for your husband and say "He is my number one, just like your wife is YOUR number one!"    The best thing she can do is find employment outside of her dad and limit what she shares.

Oh, and Punchable Charlie?  I was "a little rowdy" on some vodka back in the 80's in college....YOU WERE LIT.

• Love 5
On 5/11/2021 at 12:20 PM, greekmom said:

Knowing what we know about Angela and knowing what we know about TLC production I would side that Angela didn't follow the rules. 

Knowing what we know about Angela & TLC, I'd guess that Angela didn't follow the rules and TLC messed with the timeline.

• Love 5

Could any New Orleans locals identify where Jovi went shopping? It looked like he was in a Hispanic grocery store, based on the products and signage. Which is strange because they live in the Warehouse District and there's both a giant Wal-Mart and a couple Rouse's that aren't too far away (at least in my memory from when I lived there a decade ago). I'm still very curious about why Jovi and Yara don't see to have a car or drive anywhere themselves -- I suspect DUI but who knows?

17 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:I'm still very curious about why Jovi and Yara don't see to have a car or drive anywhere themselves -- I suspect DUI but who knows?

DUI is certainly possible.

On the other hand, owning and garaging a car in a city is expensive and inconvenient. With his job keeping him away for a month or two at a time, Jovi may have decided that owning a car wasn't worth the hassle. He can rent or Uber when needed. Yara probably doesn’t have a valid driver’s license for the US yet.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

There’s no doubt in my mind that production could find a Utah realtor willing to show Kalani and Asuelu houses in exchange for free television exposure even though there’s no way they could qualify for buying one. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
On 5/10/2021 at 8:23 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Is Family female Kalani's hair down to their ass a fundie thing? Samoan thing? Mormon? 

I believe it is a Samoan thing. Kalani’s Mother herself isn’t Samoan but married a very opinionated, domineering Samoan man who probably decreed she should grow her hair long and their daughters grew up following the long hair culture. I was reading a bit about it and there was something about in Samoa cutting your long hair was considered “spoiling your beauty”. Also, larger, buxom wives are seen as a symbol of prosperity. Kalani might not have had many suitors in Utah but when she went to Samoa, she was exactly Asuelu’s type. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

Also, larger, buxom wives are seen as a symbol of prosperity. Kalani might not have had many suitors in Utah but when she went to Samoa, she was exactly Asuelu’s type. 

In a previous season, he mentioned that when he met her he noticed her size and how that meant her family must have money to feed her well (paraphrasing)---maybe when they saw the counselor? 

Which makes me even more confused as to why she picked this man child. I mean, I have heard that before about various cultures prefering larger women, so in Samoa she should have had her pick of men. And she chose THAT??  I feel bad but everytime he is on my screen and speaks, I feel bad because I feel like we are watching someone who has a severe mental handicap. I cant' imagine him flirting?! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

In a previous season, he mentioned that when he met her he noticed her size and how that meant her family must have money to feed her well (paraphrasing)---maybe when they saw the counselor? 

Yes, I remember him saying that, too, in the counseling session. Heavily tattooed Asuelu doing a native dance in the hotel show must have impressed Kalani with his exotic-ness and when he found out she was an American (virgin, to boot) he decided to pursue her 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Brandon saying this interview is the last thing...well, it's not. Right now she's getting approved for a conditional green card. It will be good for 2 years. After that they have more paper work, fees, and interviews. That step will be to remove the conditions. Once she gets approved she becomes a permanent resident (like my husband). PRs can basically do everything that a citizen can do except vote or join the Peace Corps. You can remain a PR forever, you just have to get your green card updated every 10 years. Or you can try for American citizenship. My DH has no desire for citizenship. He's happy being British. Our kids are automatically dual citizens, though, as are the other kids on this show.

TL/DR: Brandon and Julia still have more shit to do.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 5/12/2021 at 12:44 PM, Chloe Dog said:

Don't forget stretched out...

Hummingbirds that are faded with stretch marks, age spots and wrinkles, how very offensive to all of those beautiful little creatures:(

• Love 3
On 5/12/2021 at 5:09 PM, Nancybeth said:

Could any New Orleans locals identify where Jovi went shopping? It looked like he was in a Hispanic grocery store, based on the products and signage. Which is strange because they live in the Warehouse District and there's both a giant Wal-Mart and a couple Rouse's that aren't too far away (at least in my memory from when I lived there a decade ago). I'm still very curious about why Jovi and Yara don't see to have a car or drive anywhere themselves -- I suspect DUI but who knows?

On 5/12/2021 at 5:32 PM, Gobi said:

DUI is certainly possible.

On the other hand, owning and garaging a car in a city is expensive and inconvenient. With his job keeping him away for a month or two at a time, Jovi may have decided that owning a car wasn't worth the hassle. He can rent or Uber when needed. Yara probably doesn’t have a valid driver’s license for the US yet.

I am not a New Orleans expert by any means, but the times I have been there in the past few years I was struck by the absence of any decent size grocery store anywhere I went.  The best I found was whatever was in the CVS.  I mean, I am sure there are groceries in NO.  But maybe not within walking distance of where they live?  If Jovi isn't in town a large percentage of the time, it's very possible he doesn't own a car.  I can't remember if we have ever seen him driving.  Once I asked my Uber driver about it and he said after Katrina, major grocers didn't come rushing in to replace stores that were destroyed.  That said, if I didn't have a car I would Uber to the grocery.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Kokoni was right about moving, but it still wasn't her place. Kalani seems to enjoy playing victim and hanging up on her husband. I'm not even convinced that Aseulu is aware of his surroundings.

There's nothing wrong with renting. For some it's even more practical than owning because you're not responsible for pricey repairs. Renting doesn't make you less of an adult. In their case it would be much more practical than getting tied down to a 15-year mortgage. Much like his lunacy over condoms, however, he won't even consider it. 

I've never heard of a green card interview that gives you an answer right then and there. To get that would mean that only one person, the interviewer, made the decision and that's not how it works.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

From the commercials for this week’s episode, why am I not surprised that Asuelu is such a dud in the sack that Kalani, who has never been with another man, is complaining that their sex life is terrible? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I've never heard of a green card interview that gives you an answer right then and there. To get that would mean that only one person, the interviewer, made the decision and that's not how it works.

I can't speak to the K-1 visa process, but I went through the green card process with my husband.  He's from the Netherlands, but was living in the US when we met and got married. This was a year after 9/11 and we waited almost 3 years for a green card interview since everything was backed up.  We went for our first interview and were rejected by the interviewer on the spot (well, 15 minutes later).  I was hysterical.  Happened to meet a lawyer while waiting those 15minutes and she told me it didn't look good based on what I told her.  I ended up hiring her, firing my lawyer, who told me the interview should be no problem and didn't prep us properly.  Our 2nd interview was like the movie Green Card.  They interviewed us separately, asking about 15 questions, like what side is the light switch on in the bathroom, does your building have fire escapes, how do you get to work, etc. Our new lawyer was fantastic and prepped us very well. We passed.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Hi all, as usual I’m late to the party. It took me four nights to get through this episode without falling asleep!

My big takeaways;

- The lunch scene with Andrei and Charlie was the first time I have seen Libby actually look good in a scene on this show. (That includes her wedding scenes.)

- MeeMaw leaving the TripleD Hog Ranch to get her 5lb udders reduced in LA is like a horrible, reality show sequel to the “Beverly Hillbillies.”

- Konlani and Kolini running upstairs to bitch about Asuelo was just so...bitchy. Like @Uncle JUICE said above, Kolini actually has some low key physical hotness going. She ruins it with her RBF and stank attitude.  

- I really like Yara. Growing up I had a friend whose mom was basically a mail order bride from Yugoslavia (this was in the late ‘80s). Yara reminds me of her. She seems like a very loving person, and she seemed to mature very quickly once the baby arrived. I think she’ll be a great mom. I think Jovi WANTS to be a great dad. But he is a young 30 year old mentally. We shall see.  

• Love 7
On 5/11/2021 at 10:58 AM, mamadrama said:

Aseulu and Kalani are like those couples who are all, "I teach muskrat yoga part time and he sells paintings of toenail clippings on the boardwalk. Our budget is $2 million."

@mamadrama you made me belly laugh right into a coughing fit!! So true.

• Love 4
(edited)

Will Asuelu and Kalani demand open concept, granite counters, dual vanities and stainless steel appliances? And insist the front door face in a certain direction? We already know Asuelu is afraid of ghosts, so nothing haunted or near a cemetery, of course. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 5/11/2021 at 6:30 PM, Goodtimes said:

In the Midwest you only have to show that if you're looking at multi million dollar 

On 5/10/2021 at 7:57 AM, Chloe Dog said:

Tiffany is that quintessential nagging bitch of a wife that wife jokes are made about.  I might have a little sympathy if after a few years, her husband morphed into this deadbeat, but she married him this way dammit!  He is who he is.  Did she think she would change him?  The whole situation is so ridiculous and bordering on abusive the way she keeps ragging on him.  He obviously isn't marriage material, never was, so cut your losses and cut the cord.  This broad keeps making the worst decisions and doesn't expect to pay for them.  Yes, I believe the father should shoulder the responsibility, but maybe she should have thought twice before making babies with an unemployed ex-con going through rehab in a foreign country.

I don't consider Tiffany  A raging bitch.  But I do think she needs to move on. He's got problems that he doesn't deal with and she needs to move on

On 5/10/2021 at 10:32 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Kalani and Asuelo think that buying a house would be the thing to save their marriage? Yea, no stress there, they own no furniture, they will have utility bills, taxes, insurance premiums and not to mention the mortgage payment, yea, no stress there.

They asked the real estate agent if they can buy a house and he says yes...of course that is what he would say, they have not talked to a mortgage company yet?  Dumb and Dumber do not work, they have no income, how do you buy a house with no income, seriously how do they think they will come out of this a home owner?  TLC pays that much?

Kalani sits there and lets her tears roll down her fat little face, says she is 80% sure she wants a divorce but wants to buy a house to try and salvage her marriage, WTF? Why not have another baby, that might work too! Idiot.

Also, let's sit at the table with a tray full of Lysol spray and hand sanitizer mixed in with the plates of food on the table. 

Let's all chip in and buy Koloni a shirt.

They have the income from the show. But before they buy a house, they should move into an apartment and see if they can make THAT go.  We all have to remember that 90 day fiance couples are all delusional!

Kalani and Asuelo think that buying a house would be the thing to save their marriage? Yea, no stress there, they own no furniture, they will have utility bills, taxes, insurance premiums and not to mention the mortgage payment, yea, no stress there.

They asked the real estate agent if they can buy a house and he says yes...of course that is what he would say, they have not talked to a mortgage company yet?  Dumb and Dumber do not work, they have no income, how do you buy a house with no income, seriously how do they think they will come out of this a home owner?  TLC pays that much?

Kalani sits there and lets her tears roll down her fat little face, says she is 80% sure she wants a divorce but wants to buy a house to try and salvage her marriage, WTF? Why not have another baby, that might work too! Idiot.

Also, let's sit at the table with a tray full of Lysol spray and hand sanitizer mixed in with the plates of food on the table. 

They have the income from the show. But before they buy a house, they should move into an apartment and see if they can make THAT go.  We all have to remember that 90 day fiance couples are all delusional!

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/14/2021 at 5:23 AM, HelloOutThere said:

I think Jovi WANTS to be a great dad. But he is a young 30 year old mentally. We shall see.  

...spoiled by his parents--his controlling mother especially.  Yara will have to "man up" during those months Jovi is gone and his mother "only wants to help," aka do everything the right way--HER way (Don't listen to those silly doctor(s).  Everyone will be unhappy.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 2
On 5/12/2021 at 3:09 PM, Nancybeth said:

Could any New Orleans locals identify where Jovi went shopping? It looked like he was in a Hispanic grocery store, based on the products and signage. Which is strange because they live in the Warehouse District and there's both a giant Wal-Mart and a couple Rouse's that aren't too far away (at least in my memory from when I lived there a decade ago).

Not a "local" by any means, but there are probably filming/legal requirements/hassles that corporations like Target, WalMart, etc. don't want to deal with.

• Love 2
On 5/13/2021 at 12:05 AM, magemaud said:

There’s no doubt in my mind that production could find a Utah realtor willing to show Kalani and Asuelu houses in exchange for free television exposure even though there’s no way they could qualify for buying one. 

I have a Facebook friend who's a real estate agent in Utah--its a feeding frenzy there. Houses are getting thousands of views online the instant they list, and places are getting offers tens of thousands of dollars over asking. People are making offers sight unseen. No WAY those two idiots have a prayer of getting a house. Just Sharp storylines--get married. fight with family. have second wedding. have baby. buy house. rinse. repeat. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/10/2021 at 4:07 PM, LucyEth said:

I sure wish this show would end it with Angela.  She keeps getting worse with the cackling and dirty remarks.  I really don’t want to hear about how much Michael loves her boobs and how he likes to pull on them.  An overweight 50 something woman acting like she is some kind of sex kitten and flirting with doctors and making a fool of herself.   It’s embarrassing to watch.  Go away Angela, Please!

I keep seeing the previews with Kalani telling Asuelu they need to spice up their sex life. Please Sweet Baby Jesus, don't let her talk to Angela for pointers. Although that would explain why every top she wears is a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. "Hey there big guy! What you wanna do with these? *shake* *shake*"

• LOL 3
On 5/11/2021 at 11:46 AM, Frozendiva said:

Didn't they have a gender reveal party? Maybe showered at the same time?

As others have discussed about their car situation, I've noticed that they always seem to be in an Uber situation when they're out around NOLA so they may not have a car. Since Jovi was gone for so long before/when the baby was born, Yara may not have been able to get around by herself to gather necessary items. I would think that would be kind of a pain if you only have Uber or Shank's mare as your transportation methods.

28 minutes ago, Lurk said:

Didn't they have a gender reveal party? Maybe showered at the same time?

As others have discussed about their car situation, I've noticed that they always seem to be in an Uber situation when they're out around NOLA so they may not have a car. Since Jovi was gone for so long before/when the baby was born, Yara may not have been able to get around by herself to gather necessary items. I would think that would be kind of a pain if you only have Uber or Shank's mare as your transportation methods.

Some grocery stores here offer delivery either through their own service or use something like Instacart. Yara can also take the bus to the grocery store and take a cab back home. Or maybe Gwen or one of Jovi’s friends or some neighbor who has a car could help out.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:09 PM, greekmom said:

One thing I do understand is that if Angela cannot follow the rules prior to surgery she won't be able to stay on track after surgery. I give it 2 years before cake and ciggies win and she's up to 273 again.

@greekmom I think you're being a bit generous,  Angela will put any weight lshe may lose (keep noticing that they're only showing her from neck up when she does talking head portions) loss within the first year! : ) TLC missed a golden opportunity of doing a crossover show.  Angela could have seen Dr. Now on  My 600 lb Life.  Of course, with.all of her cheats & smoking  I'm pretty sure he'd have little tolerance  & more than likely would have kicked her out of his program after a couple visits. 

I don't understand the need for her to go to California to have surgery (hmm, I.smell yet another made up story line!)  It's interesting that this doctor didn't require Angela to show any type of commitment to stick to any type of diet or demonstrate any ability to lose any sort of weight on her own.  A legitimate bariatric surgeon generally requires their sleeve/bypass patients do this in preparation for the post-op liquid diet that follows the surgery.  Why did Angela not.stay in Atlanta and see Dr. Procter another legitimate bariatric surgeon who the 1000 lb..Sisters (I watch too much TLC!ll) had success with.  (Well at least Amy & her brother did)

Don't know if I can stand listening to Angela/Michael obsessing about her oversized boobies for another evening.  So glad I DVR this show, FF is my best friend.  I totally agree with the earlier poster  who said it's time to send these boring couples and all the manufactured scripted drama packing!

• Love 2
On 5/13/2021 at 9:16 PM, QueBueno said:

I am not a New Orleans expert by any means, but the times I have been there in the past few years I was struck by the absence of any decent size grocery store anywhere I went.  The best I found was whatever was in the CVS.  I mean, I am sure there are groceries in NO.  But maybe not within walking distance of where they live?  If Jovi isn't in town a large percentage of the time, it's very possible he doesn't own a car.  I can't remember if we have ever seen him driving.  Once I asked my Uber driver about it and he said after Katrina, major grocers didn't come rushing in to replace stores that were destroyed.  That said, if I didn't have a car I would Uber to the grocery.

I didn't see the store that Jovi went.to (most.likely FF through this) but not sure exactly where they live in the Warehouse district but there are a couple Rouses, a Whole.Foods & a Fresh Market in the area.

I lived in the Garden District and had access to the street car.  I had a car.&.although there aren't mega grocery stores nearby (like Winn Dixie which would require a car), there are a couple drugstores (Walgreens/CVS) where Jovi could have walked/ Ubered to pick up diapers.  I can't believe he didn't have enough sense to pick up Newborn diapers for the baby.  I watched the preview of  tonight's show on Friday, & if I heard correctly they took the four day old baby out to eat! I'm hoping for the.sake.of the baby that this, along w/Jovi's insensitive comments about Yara paying too much.attention to the baby vs having "a good time" being out with.him are just another example of TLC manufactured story line.   If not, then  Yara has two children.  Hearing Jovi whining about her not paying enough attention.to him sounded very much like my three year old nephew.  

• Love 1