Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: First Comes Love...

ByTor
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have not seen this episode and I am resisting reading the posts, my father died Sunday evening, 94 years old, had congestive heart failure and kidney failure for the last three years...he held on for a week in an end of life way, waited for me to leave the room then he passed away.

I am ok (lots to do for the funeral and other misc. things but I am okay), what I am counting on from all of you on the board is some really good snark and somethings to make me laugh out loud.

I am so sorry. My dad fell down some stairs, ended up in hospital with good prognosis but died suddenly March 6th. He was 77, turning 78 next week. PM if you need to talk. I know how hard it is, especially during a pandemic.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Burning the K1 Ryan was a bad idea with the dry brush.

I thought EXACTLY the same thing.  Production would have been smart (and entertaining) if they showed a crew member with a hose or a fire extinguisher.

• Love 4

When it comes to Mike and Natalie, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

I believe that Mike really didnt want to marry Natalie, but the K-1 approval came through and TLC was offering him cash for another season, he told Natalie to come, with the impression they would "work things out" over the 90-Day period and get married.** Natalie wanted to give it a try, and thought in the 90 days they would work it out face to face and get married.

Mike strung Natalie along (no I am not saying Natalie is blameless, but I do think Mike was the greater bad actor in this situation) and then COVID-19 hit and changed his plans, he probably thought Natalie would continue to stay with him after the visa expired and be live in sex. Natalie (in a brilliant stand) was not going to admit ON CAMERA to willingly violating the conditions of her visa, so she was going to try and get home hook or by crook.

It was just a damn mess. 

** This drives me nuts, the 90 days is not to 'decide' if you want to get married, you are supposed to be committed to marrying when you APPLY for the visa. Its a fiance visa, not a "courtship visa". I did some K-1 visas right out of law school (about a decade ago) and most of them were quite dull compared to the cast of this series. 

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Natalie, Mike isn’t low class, stupid, and fat. He is not going to be a fitness freak. He will be husky in terms of build, he likes his steak. A teddy bear type guy. If you don’t like it, move along. 

Can't remember where I saw/heard/read it when the Mike/Natalie Show began, but it was my understanding that he had lost "a lot of weight."   BULLETIN-BULLETIN-BULLETIN...here's something!  It's on a website called SCREENRANT.  This article leads me to believe that Mike...who already weighed ??? ... "piled on" quite a bit. 

"However, those TLC fans who’d watched Mike and Natalie on 90 Day Fiancé season 7 had heard him talk about his massive weight loss and ex-wife. The branch manager revealed that 'it was a short marriage, unfortunately,' and that his wife had left him for another woman. The unexpected divorce (and loneliness that followed) made Natalie’s partner pile on 340 pounds. Mike did manage to lose weight and found Natalie after dating two more people. While these facts were all that was revealed about his first wife on 90 Day Fiancé, a Reddit fan recently shared a photo of Mike with the ex, Kristen. The fan revealed how Mike and Kristen were married in 2015 and divorced by 2016.

Perhaps the weight gain and the ex-wife's reason for leaving him made him an angry teddy bear who cannot trust.  

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

made Natalie’s partner pile on 340 pounds.

I wonder if this is a typo...and he piled on weight to reach 340 lbs? I mean, I know he is a very tall and big boned guy, and I would say he still (even when slimmed down) is over 200 lbs, so if he LOST 340? Damn

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Love 5

Couldn't Stephanie have just changed the display on her fancy fridge to remove Ryan's photo? She printed out a photo of Harris and taped it on top! I want to stage a rescue mission for her cat but I don't think he's long for this world. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Andrew is creepy AF but while Amira might not be the brightest bulb to be screwed, at least she walked away. I envy her hair. 

I'm wondering whether that's actually her hair.  On the plane to France she had it pulled back into a bun that didn't look anywhere near big enough to be containing the mane we see on her left side in her THs. 

15 hours ago, futurechemist said:

I'm still confused about Natalie's journey over the past 2 episodes:

3 - I'm getting a hotel near SeaTac airport and flying to Europe tomorrow

Adding to the confusion is that the hotel was actually downtown, and not near the airport.  Not the choice I'd make for a place just to sleep before catching a flight.

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

She doesn't have a car.  Perhaps she can get groceries only when Mike takes her...OR maybe Mike buys the groceries (and perhaps some fast foods) on his way home from work.  She TRIED to "eat healthy" when she moved in."

I remember seeing Natalie driving herself into town in a pickup truck. 

I'm beginning to wonder whether anything with see with Mike and Natalie is real.

And finally, Yara was driving me insane with her mask.  She would perch it on the very tip of her nose, and of course it would work its way down under her nostrils instantly, and she would pull it back up to just barely perched on the very tip of her nose.  Why????   Pull it up to the bridge of your nose, push the nose clip down a little, and Bob's your uncle. 

I'd heard of people who live in apartment buildings where other residents wouldn't wear masks in hallways or elevators, and there's Yara and Jovi doing just that.  Plus, when they got out of the Uber upon arriving at the hospital, Jovi had his on and Yara didn't.  Nice.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I am so sorry. My dad fell down some stairs, ended up in hospital with good prognosis but died suddenly March 6th. He was 77, turning 78 next week. PM if you need to talk. I know how hard it is, especially during a pandemic.

I appreciate your sympathy, sorry you had to go thru it too.

Do you ever wonder how some of these 90 Day Fiances would handle old age, sickness, death, etc...can you imagine Yara going to Jovi's funeral with her jacket over her sholders whilst pushing a rollator?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I appreciate your sympathy, sorry you had to go thru it too.

Do you ever wonder how some of these 90 Day Fiances would handle old age, sickness, death, etc...can you imagine Yara going to Jovi's funeral with her jacket over her sholders whilst pushing a rollator?

Ok that made me laugh hard! Imagine Rebecca? She would make everyone wear Zied shirts to the funeral.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)

Welcome to the world, Mylah! Sorry, but I think you're going to have to share the GoFundMe proceeds with Stephanie's cat. Unless he kicks the bucket before Mommy and Daddy split up, in which case...it's all yours, kid!

I'm glad Yara thought being married by Elvis was "cool"...because now comes the really hard part: the marriage itself. I really want Jovi to surprise everybody and settle down and act like a grown-ass husband and father. If nothing else, hopefully Yara knows enough to keep that bitch Sara away from her house and kid.

I couldn't agree more re Andrew's likely coddled upbringing. I'm guessing it was clear from the time he was little. Mothers in the playground were probably whispering to each other: "I feel bad for the girl that marries THAT kid." Amira, glad you dodged that bullet...but I'm going to need you to get your head and hair out of the clouds and DO BETTER. (Good Lord...will they be on the tell-all?)

I wasn't sure how I felt about Harris, but after this episode, I hope he takes Stephanie to the cleaners. I'm rooting for his kids as well as for whoever takes pity on that damn cat and gets him into a better living situation for his remaining years on this earth.

Things that squicked me out about Mike and Natalie's final scenes:

• Natalie brushing her curly hair. Seriously?
  • Natalie's dress...or, rather, her in the dress. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I think Rebecca looked better.
  • Mike's comments about their wedding night. After everything he put her through...and then for her to just giggle...ugh. I'm calling shenanigans on the whole thing.
Edited by ExMathMajor
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have not seen this episode and I am resisting reading the posts, my father died Sunday evening, 94 years old, had congestive heart failure and kidney failure for the last three years...he held on for a week in an end of life way, waited for me to leave the room then he passed away.

I am ok (lots to do for the funeral and other misc. things but I am okay), what I am counting on from all of you on the board is some really good snark and somethings to make me laugh out loud.

I am so sorry.  My Father same thing.  94 in hospital.  Heartbreaking.

16 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

That bitch at Jovi and Yara's wedding can fuck right off with her "year and a day" crap. Either be happy and supportive, or don't come to the wedding.

Right? What a hateful little twitch. She thinks she's so worldly and cynical. But she's just bitter, spiteful and bigoted. Not a great way to go through life.  

8 hours ago, gotta watch said:

So Stephanie just basically bought Harris from his current/real girlfriend?

And Harris is prepared to grit his teeth, close his eyes and think of getting those kids some decent shoes. I'm Team Harris, for real. He's a man who will willingly grab an opportunity. 

6 hours ago, Shauna said:

Clearly Natalie is a sociopath as she is BRUSHING her curly hair. 

My screams were probably heard for miles around. The horror!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Rumor is the guy he calls dad is his stepdad.  

That's def his stepdad. Jovi has a bio dad and half siblings w/both his mom and biodad. I think Jovi drinks because of trauma when he was really really small before Gwen and his bio dad split. 

3 hours ago, RealReality said:

So sorry.  I'm skimming but I wanted to say that immediately as they wait and make sure I won't faint after this second shot. 

How did you do? Did you stay vertical! 

Mylah is pretty but I immediately thought MYLA VOX! 

Uncle Beau wearing white to a wedding, no no nooooooo!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, RealReality said:

Andrew is such a stereotype in nor. Cal.  So many of these guys with some weird overinflated ego who just talk so....grandiose.  

Its hard to describe it.  But like as soon as I realize I'm on a date with one its such a turnoff.  

You all will throw internet tomatoes at me but I also think that part of this can be attributed to being raised only around women who coddled him.  

He never looked more greasy and disgusting than he did this episode.  

Sounds like maybe he was sending Amira money?  Anyways, I hope she goes to school and gets it together.  

She totally dodged a bullet.  

I agree about the stereotype in Nor Cal. I'm in Sacramento. Ugh...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm wondering whether that's actually her hair.  On the plane to France she had it pulled back into a bun that didn't look anywhere near big enough to be containing the mane we see on her left side in her THs. 

It could very well be a hair piece or a wig. Regardless, it's still pretty so I don't mind if it's not real. COVID caused me to lose most of my hair. Wigs have helped with regaining confidence. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Yes, the same ring he insisted on her giving him back. There’s obviously a lot more to the story than we’re being given, but I think that one resounding fact is that they are both hot garbage and deserve each other. I think Natalie looked fine, but it tickles me that it looks like she’s packed on some weight after giving Mike grief about needing to lose 20 kilos. Miss fitness is barely fitting’ in this dress! A mean joke but she’s such an asshole, I cannot with her. “You look beautiful.” “I know.” Who does she think she is? Han Solo? Did he even take off his Bluetooth for the wedding? Was it his best man? Uncle Beau in a white tank top just tickled me. He gave the ceremony the gravitas it deserved. 

Time to bring out the eviduhns binder cause that whole scene was clearly filmed at different times and spliced together. Her "I know" may not have even been in response to his mom's compliment. Her boobs, hairstyle, and jewelry kept changing every few seconds. Their storyline is pissing me off because they really seem to be going the extra mile to fraud us. 

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

That's def his stepdad. Jovi has a bio dad and half siblings w/both his mom and biodad. I think Jovi drinks because of trauma when he was really really small before Gwen and his bio dad split. 

How did you do? Did you stay vertical! 

Mylah is pretty but I immediately thought MYLA VOX! 

Uncle Beau wearing white to a wedding, no no nooooooo!

I did indeed!  Like a moron, I wore a sweatshirt. 

Everyone got a free peek of my left boob that they didn't want or ask for.  I'm prepared for the emotional distress lawsuits.  

The second shot hurt more and im off tomorrow in case I have a bad reaction. 

16 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

It could very well be a hair piece or a wig. Regardless, it's still pretty so I don't mind if it's not real. COVID caused me to lose most of my hair. Wigs have helped with regaining confidence. 

I love wigs.  Amiras hair is gorgeous, if its a hairpiece or a wig the work is pretty flawless.....I've spotted beyonces wig glue before so i can even see evidence of an excellent wig.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I did indeed!  Like a moron, I wore a sweatshirt. 

Everyone got a free peek of my left boob that they didn't want or ask for.  I'm prepared for the emotional distress lawsuits  

Hahahaaahahaha come for the 90 Day snark stay for the side boob! 

• LOL 13

I honestly didn't think this at the beginning of the season, but Yara turned out to be my favorite cast member.  She's smart, knows her worth, polite, and seems kind.  She's got the best hair extensions I've ever seen, it looks like she had to lose them when she had the baby.  Maybe she charmed the producer into getting a good portrayal, but I liked her parts and was looking forward to snarking on her, but there was nothing to snark about for me.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Time to bring out the eviduhns binder cause that whole scene was clearly filmed at different times and spliced together. Her "I know" may not have even been in response to his mom's compliment. Her boobs, hairstyle, and jewelry kept changing every few seconds. Their storyline is pissing me off because they really seem to be going the extra mile to fraud us. 

This image below was posted on Reddit.  In the discussion thread, someone noted how her hair color or roots also changed intermittently.  Several commenters also claimed to know that Natalie gained 30 pounds during quarantine, noting her chest and arms.

image.png.71510f23b83a255099a8e8c93d6c7058.png

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

When Natalie brushed her hair, aack. If I do that I look like the love child of Bob Ross and Roseanne Roseannadanna! 

Stephanie brings a whole new level to the term crazy cat lady. Wait till she sees Harris putting his arm around his ex and kissing her. Better keep all sharp objects and combustible items out of her reach.

Andrew and his family; y'all piss off. My first panic attack I was driving it was so bad i drove myself to the emergency room. I honest to God thought I was having a heart attack.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

This image below was posted on Reddit.  In the discussion thread, someone noted how her hair color or roots also changed intermittently.  Several commenters also claimed to know that Natalie gained 30 pounds during quarantine, noting her chest and arms.

She has picked up some weight.  I want to be sympathetic towards that but the way she was with Mike, I can't.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Shauna said:

Finally, I can't with Yara's lips.  Why do women do this to themselves??????

I can't with Yara's lips, either.  I don't think it matters how much others say it detracts from one's looks, people are still going to inject their lips up to the size of a small bed pillow.  When Yara was in labor, all I could focus on were those lips.  On the plus side, the makeup artist who did her wedding makeup did an amazing job.  Her eyes looked great and it was really the first time I thought Yara looked beautiful (sans filters).  

Actually, I think the makeup artists have really been bringing it this season...Hazel looked beautiful for her wedding, too.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

So, is the theory that the top photos were of the actual wedding day and the bottom photos were later for a wedding reenactment?  She does look thinner in the bottom photos.  This could also account for the difference in the weather between the day she went to Seattle and her wedding day.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Texasmom1970 said:

When Natalie brushed her hair, aack. If I do that I look like the love child of Bob Ross and Roseanne Roseannadanna! 

Stephanie brings a whole new level to the term crazy cat lady. Wait till she sees Harris putting his arm around his ex and kissing her. Better keep all sharp objects and combustible items out of her reach.

Andrew and his family; y'all piss off. My first panic attack I was driving it was so bad i drove myself to the emergency room. I honest to God thought I was having a heart attack.

I hear ya. I started having panic attacks a year ago. I had a mild heart attack in August. Honest to god, the panic attacks felt more like a heart attack than the heart attack: nausea, dizziness (sometimes I have full on syncope and lose consciousness), tingling in my arm, chest pain, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure... Someone described it as that feeling you get when you're leaning back and your chair is about to fall. And it can go on for hours. 

Fuck Mother Drew for questioning Amira. 

• Love 5

Hair talk:

Amira:  I'm pretty sure she is wearing hair extensions...although at first I thought it was a wig.  So pretty, though.  Quite a difference from the Darcy look.

Natalie: She's got lovely natural curls and needs to get a product that enhances them.  Maybe she should go to Kody Brown's hair dresser (Sister Wives).

Yara:  Great wedding hair.

Andrew:  no, your ponytail is not cool.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I hear ya. I started having panic attacks a year ago. I had a mild heart attack in August. Honest to god, the panic attacks felt more like a heart attack than the heart attack: nausea, dizziness (sometimes I have full on syncope and lose consciousness), tingling in my arm, chest pain, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure... Someone described it as that feeling you get when you're leaning back and your chair is about to fall. And it can go on for hours. 

So sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you are doing well; sending love and prayers to you!

• Love 2

I hope she gets PLENTY of flack for her IGNORANT and CRUEL comments.  And SHE is taking care of children ????  Hope we get to hear some flak.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I remember seeing Natalie driving herself into town in a pickup truck. 

Wasn't it the same truck that Mike drives...his truck?   Maybe he let her use it (once), but she had to be back at a specific time ... on the minute!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Shauna said:

Clearly Natalie is a sociopath as she is BRUSHING her curly hair. 

Dying at how all of the curly haired people clocked this. I used it as a teachable moment with my husband who has straight hair about our toddler daughter who has curly hair - “See? That’s why you never brush her hair.” 

• Love 6

In the end I am super turned off by both Mike and Natalie for just the sole reason of all the twisting of their storyline and nothing to do with them. TLC should know they are ruining such a good thing. 

Keep messing with that kind of shit and it ruins every couple, who , trust me, can ruin it for themselves on a better level on their own merit. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

The second shot hurt more and im off tomorrow in case I have a bad reaction. 

My first shot didn't hurt at all and the second just a bee sting kinda feel. I was feverish and achy for about 48 hours after. I took the day off too and I'm glad I did. 

10 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

I honestly didn't think this at the beginning of the season, but Yara turned out to be my favorite cast member.  She's smart, knows her worth, polite, and seems kind.  She's got the best hair extensions I've ever seen, it looks like she had to lose them when she had the baby.  Maybe she charmed the producer into getting a good portrayal, but I liked her parts and was looking forward to snarking on her, but there was nothing to snark about for me.

I liked Yara a lot, too. I hope she learns to love New Orleans. I think she'd do better up north though. She'd do fine in NYC, or Philadelphia. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My first shot didn't hurt at all and the second just a bee sting kinda feel. I was feverish and achy for about 48 hours after. I took the day off too and I'm glad I did. 

I liked Yara a lot, too. I hope she learns to love New Orleans. I think she'd do better up north though. She'd do fine in NYC, or Philadelphia. 

I would think she would want to live in a city with a bit of a Ukrainian population, you know, some people who appreciate her cake, lol.

How in the world did I end up really liking her?  I never would have guessed that she would be so likeable.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

"Prolly" not.  Those parents are BioMom and StepDad.

The teeth?  Pacifiers for too long...too long every day and too many years.   Actually, the teeth look good, white and healthy.  They're just there...ALWAYS THERE!!  And he's always smiling.  Those lips?  BioDaddy Dearest?

Well...StepDad doesn't have lips.

My daughter had her pacifier until kindergarten.  She started orthodontia at 10 years old with a palate expander and she has a normal smile.  I wonder why they didn’t  fix it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Wait till she sees Harris putting his arm around his ex and kissing her. Better keep all sharp objects and combustible items out of her reach.

I was wondering the same thing.....we need a show where we watch the couples watch the show and see the interviews with friends and each other (solo) and we see their reactions. Stephanie is going to lose her shit and I am sure it will be "we are DONE" to poor Harris. The problem is that Stephanie, and people like her (Big Ed) seem to really think that they are such hot shit that there are 20 somethings out there who fall passionately in true love with them via facetime and whatsapp calls and have no other motivations. Then when they see a hint that maybe the green card or a better life is playing a role, they lose their shit. They need to face reality and decide/accept that they are in a transactional relationship and find a partner who will respect and treat them well in exchange. Thinking of Annie and David, or Larry and his bride.....not MOhammed and Danielle or Laura and Aladin. 

Oh, and I don't think Emma is his ex, really. I think they are very much together and she is going to suck it up and step back from her man to get the means to give her kids a better life. Sad. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Love 11

Yara&jovi - I adore Jovi’s mother.  I wish I had a neighbor/friend/sister-in-law/acquaintance like her.  On second thought, I need to be more like her.  I think Yara was less snarky regarding the wedding because they had already negotiated a deal with Sharp to cover her blow-out fairy tale wedding in Ukraine.  Jovi is never going to change.  His lifestyle is based on what he has seen the men in his life do and he sees nothing wrong with it.  
Natalie&Mike - I hate them both.  I hate how TLC edited their story with dozens of inconsistencies.  She should have gone home, somehow.  Even with bad editing, they both perjured themselves multiple times.  Unless there is a total 180 change in their story during the Tell All, I think she needs to be sent back to her mother and Mike should spend the rest of his days handwatering Christmas trees, alone.   
Stephanie&Harris&Emma - another story where the kids get the short end of the stick and it hurts to watch.  I guess what they plan to do is legal.  
Andrew&Amira- thank God that’s over with.  I look forward to the tell all so I can be amazed at how different/horrible he looks in person compared to his filtered online profile.  What a poser/poseur.

@Baltimore Betty, I am so sorry for the passing of your father.  Losing a parent is one of the most difficult things I have ever endured.  I miss both my parents every day.  But I want you to know how much I enjoy your posts and I am grateful for this forum where we can all share the true reality along with the pretend stuff.  Take care.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, loki310 said:

Dying at how all of the curly haired people clocked this. I used it as a teachable moment with my husband who has straight hair about our toddler daughter who has curly hair - “See? That’s why you never brush her hair.” 

Unless you have curly hair, NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE, could possibly understand this.  I can imagine all the non-curly-haired-people reading my comment and thinking:  huh?  what?  I don't get it. 

To all my non-curly-haired-forum-friends:  once you wash or rewet your curls you never, and I mean never ever, touch your curls again.  Maybe to pull one or two apart or crush that extra gel/cream from a curl that was overloaded with product, but other than that:    Step away from the curl and no one will get hurt. 

16 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My screams were probably heard for miles around. The horror!

Got it.  I was wondering who that was.   I could even hear you above my own screams.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Oh, and I don't think Emma is his ex, really. I think they are very much together and she is going to suck it up and step back from her man to get the means to give her kids a better life. Sad. 

Harris:  "I love my kids.  I love Emma; we have been together for 14 years and she is my baby mama."  (Notice the use of "have been" . . . not "were.")

Also Harris:  "I never thought I'd be lucky enough to find someone who will just GIVE me money (which I can send to my kids and my baby mama, all of whom I love)."

He never said a word about loving Stephanie.  Because he doesn't.  She's a walking ATM for him.

• Love 18

Curly hair needs lots of tender loving care or you’ll end up looking like Albert Einstein. I was so happy my daughter was born with flaxen straight locks thanks to her father. I’m stuck with the fighting the frizz and battling curls that won’t curl how I want them. I can literally hear the curls frizzing up on rainy or humid days.

Maybe TLC provided Natalie with the MinimiserBra?  She was busting out all over in the first pics.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Shauna said:

Unless you have curly hair, NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE, could possibly understand this.  I can imagine all the non-curly-haired-people reading my comment and thinking:  huh?  what?  I don't get it.

Maybe I'm an outlier.  I have straight hair and I actually thought "nooooo!" when I saw Natalie brushing her hair.  It just makes sense to me--that brushing hair that's made of coils like hers is going to mess up the coils.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Maybe I'm an outlier.  I have straight hair and I actually thought "nooooo!" when I saw Natalie brushing her hair.  It just makes sense to me--that brushing hair that's made of coils like hers is going to mess up the coils.

You definitely are an exception to the rule.  When I tell people who don't have curly hair that curly hair people don't brush their hair, they reply:  why not?  or with furrowed brow.  

• Love 3

The crazy thing is that Nat’s curls look pretty good in the talking heads... the whole unfortunate brushing episode must have been a direct result of her distress at marrying Mike. Like she wanted to make her curls hurt as bad as her self-respect and soul. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Harris:  "I love my kids.  I love Emma; we have been together for 14 years and she is my baby mama."  (Notice the use of "have been" . . . not "were.")

Also Harris:  "I never thought I'd be lucky enough to find someone who will just GIVE me money (which I can send to my kids and my baby mama, all of whom I love)."

He never said a word about loving Stephanie.  Because he doesn't.  She's a walking ATM for him.

That is what I don' get, why doesn't she see that about this situation and if you think about it she is purchasing another human being.  How could you ever value that about yourself, that says a lot about you as a person and probably if she was honest with her friends they would think that too.

In the end she will paint herself as a victim, pining away for a life with Hair-us that never was, woe is me and posting horrible photos of her near naked or naked self.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I was wondering the same thing.....we need a show where we watch the couples watch the show and see the interviews with friends and each other (solo) and we see their reactions. Stephanie is going to lose her shit and I am sure it will be "we are DONE" to poor Harris. The problem is that Stephanie, and people like her (Big Ed) seem to really think that they are such hot shit that there are 20 somethings out there who fall passionately in true love with them via facetime and whatsapp calls and have no other motivations. Then when they see a hint that maybe the green card or a better life is playing a role, they lose their shit. They need to face reality and decide/accept that they are in a transactional relationship and find a partner who will respect and treat them well in exchange. Thinking of Annie and David, or Larry and his bride.....not MOhammed and Danielle or Laura and Aladin. 

Yes. Harris though isnt at least half her age- Harris is closer to 40 if not over 40. This is not some naive young man, he knows the score and has his eye on a prize. Nothing is going to stop him from achieving his goals and that is what makes him scary. 

Yes I think he and Emma are still together, now she may see someone else while he is in the USA for companionship/sex etc but I think they are both committed to doing what they think they need to do for the well being and future of their children. I do believe he loves her like he says and wants to provide for her as well as the children.

36 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

He doesnt love Stephanie. He doesnt even like her! He probably thinks she is a fool to give her money away to a man for sex. In Harris' mind he has to work HARD for his money, outside in the sun (he mentioned doing farm work)- that money goes toward survival and bettering the situation for himself and the people he cares for.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

@Shauna, I wish Natalie had put her hair up and laced it with lovely little flowers.  She would have looked adorable.

I think Natalie is pretty. Those large blue eyes and the curls, she would've looked lovely. But I agree, her brushing her hair was a "tell" at her emotional state. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

@Shauna, I wish Natalie had put her hair up and laced it with lovely little flowers.  She would have looked adorable.

11 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Natalie is pretty. Those large blue eyes and the curls, she would've looked lovely. But I agree, her brushing her hair was a "tell" at her emotional state. 

I always want to add product to her hair.  It's like she doesn't know how to manage it. 

I think she is pretty, too.  However, I just can't get past the clenching of the teeth when she talks.  I couldn't be married to someone like that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Stop being a means to an end for these men and get some self worth. Nothing wrong with being single.

Unfortunately, Stephanie has a high sense of self worth. Her attitude is a seething platform for political, humanitarian, racial privilege. Fortunately, ther are rules in here about that. 

I always thought Harris and Ryan simply traded places between themselves. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. But the silly storylines are getting to be rather insulting. So we see Harris kiss his wife in full view of the camera? I just rolled my eyes...

These shows are jumping sharks at a very fast rate.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, loki310 said:

The crazy thing is that Nat’s curls look pretty good in the talking heads... the whole unfortunate brushing episode must have been a direct result of her distress at marrying Mike. Like she wanted to make her curls hurt as bad as her self-respect and soul. 

Considering all the sketchiness in their story as it's been presented this season, I actually wonder if her brushing her hair was just more producer involvement.  "Okay, Natalie, you're super upset.  Frantically brush your hair," says the producer with straight hair.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8