Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Where Are They Now? Maja and Justin LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

(edited)

Not for nothing, but these grown-ass people need to stop expecting parents to drop everything and move to freakin' Texas to sit and watch them not lose weight!

Edited by Suzywriter
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

I had forgotten what a piece of shit Justin's mother was. Maybe she can "move to Houston" and take care of Maja. They deserve each other.

Then maybe she would appreciate her mother. 

• Love 2

Justin is such a sweetheart and he looks great even at this point in his journey. And his dad is also awesome. I'm glad he's succeeding despite his shit mother. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Hope he gets skin removal surgery during this show!

SAME! Then finally something will have actually happened on the show this season.

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Not for nothing, but these grown-ass people need to stop expecting parents to drop everything and move to freakin' Texas to sit and watch them not lose weight!

I love the scenes where everyone is sitting in a row, staring into space. Bust out a Scrabble board, people! Play cards! Something!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Arynm said:

Have you tried the Dr. Pepper Zero? I think it tastes exactly like the real stuff. It is so good!

I have not, but I have tried the Mtn Dew Zero and I quite enjoyed.

Seeing Justin is giving me faith in this garbage channel.

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I love the scenes where everyone is sitting in a row, staring into space. 

You have just described 98% of the content of this show since January -- interrupted only for multiple useless trips to Dr Now's office and strolls in the local park.

4 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I love Sea-Pak shrimp scampi.  I just saute it for 6-7 minutes and serve with linguine.

I get Margaritaville.   Saute and dump into the grits or over pasta.  Yum

• Love 1
Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

My chest hurt watching Justin run. 

Oh god, I walked home from the dentist yesterday, about a mile, Jesus, you'd think I was climbing Everest. Huffing, puffing, grunting, groaning, and filled with regret. "Why didn't I call a cab? Why didn't I take the bus?" (like I'll get on a bus now. Uh uh. Not till I'm fully vaccinated, and maybe not even then). I got home and said "Well, you can tell I've been sitting on the couch for a year". Embarrassing. At least I was masked so no one could see my agonized face. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Yall, my girlfriend bought a van. Her cab company went out of business and the boss sold it to her cheap. It'll be good for hauling stuff, including me if I keep eating the way I am!

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh god, I walked home from the dentist yesterday, about a mile, Jesus, you'd think I was climbing Everest. Huffing, puffing, grunting, groaning, and filled with regret. "Why didn't I call a cab? Why didn't I take the bus?" (like I'll get on a bus now. Uh uh. Not till I'm fully vaccinated, and maybe not even then). I got home and said "Well, you can tell I've been sitting on the couch for a year". Embarrassing. At least I was masked so no one could see my agonized face. 

I feel like that every time I go up the stairs at work..

• Love 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Hellga said:

She was so bitchy to her mom too, not just to Chris-shun.   I hope her mom tells her she has to find another caregiver and doesn't abandon her life to fly to Houston to serve her horrid daughter!

The mother called, and was trying to convince some aunt to come to Houston, and take care of Maja.   I guess that didn't work out either. 

The producers sometimes pair a total success, like Justin, with a total failure, like Maja. 

I think Justin is one of the ones that went through a drive thru (Chick-Fil-A), and ordered grilled nuggets.

Who does Dr. Now think he's kidding?   Maja will never change, and will blow out this surgery in no time. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I get Margaritaville. 

Mmmm...Margaritaville frozen coconut shrimp are also delicious!

I feel like we're veering into a Forrest Gump-off.

giphy.gif

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Yall, my girlfriend bought a van. Her cab company went out of business and the boss sold it to her cheap. It'll be good for hauling stuff, including me if I keep eating the way I am!

You can help Zied move some stuff out of storage! 

• LOL 10

Putting a matress and some snacks in the back?

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

Serious question for anyone here who's had WLS - Dr Now wants the obesees to have someone in Houston with them after surgery. Assuming you had your surgery in your home town, did you have to tell the doc that you had someone who would be attending you 24/7 after the surgery? I'm thinking it seems like a bit much, but on the other hand, I guess most people getting the surgery aren't 600 lbs and nearly immobile, so maybe they don't need as much after care? Thoughts?

I had a gastric bypass in 2006.  I think he requests this just because it's a major surgery and these are very high risk patients.  I don't think it's necessarily because of the type of surgery.  And they don't have anyone checking on them if they're alone in a big city.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I hear ya sister! This past year is coming back to bite me in my considerable ass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I feel like that every time I go up the stairs at work..

I feel like that every time I have to go upstairs to the bathroom. "Why didn't I rent the garden apartment??"

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

You could offer services to the poundticipants.  Bonus - you get to meet hunky firefighters when they load the 600 pounder into the van.  Of course, you might be tempted to burn it after the first trip with one of these folks. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, GussieK said:

I never saw Justin before. What was so bad about his mother?  He seems like a good guy. He is responding to therapy. He has a cute dog. 

She was a drug addict who was entirely unreliable and mostly absent and occasionally just cruel to him (not abusive per se but definitely hurtful).

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Hi peeps! I'm on vacation! (Not that there's anywhere to go. Maybe I should have hopped a bus to Oregon like Chris-shun.)

Eating habit was whole-wheat spaghetti with Rao's marinara and lots of freshly grated Parmesan (I almost wrote "too much" but I don't think that's really a thing). Will have ice cream for dessert. (And, I, um, uhh...I had a dish of oranges this afternoon. 😳 And toast, but it had cherry jam, not sugar-free grape jelly, so it's okay.)

New official shoelaces of M600PL :

I'm happy to see the snark is still here.  You are presuming the poundicipants wear shoes.

• Love 4