Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E18: NuMilk; Hairy Grabster; Mad Rabbit; Bunch Bikes

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

Sharks: Mark, Kevin, Lori, Barbara, Daymond

Vegan milk that you can either buy through e-commerce, or find a franchise location that makes the product and more; A device you attach to your shower that you rub your hair against to stop hair from falling out of the shower floor; A tattoo aftercare lotion that after applying, enhances your tattoo by making it more bold; Bringing bikes with baskets that the whole family can ride in together to the US 

1. Numilk-Short shelf life, needs floor space in the stores, and they owe way too much money.   I think they have a table top model too.  I don't think they got a deal, but I was shocked that Kevin was considering it.   

2. Hairy Grabster-I still don't know why I want a hair clinging thing on the wall or shower floor or however it works.    No deal. 

3. Mad Rabbit-A moisturizer that keeps you skin moist, which helps keep the tattoo vibrant (or something like that).   Mark makes the deal. 

4.  Bunch Bikes-For family bike riding, with a kid carried for up to four kids, in the front cart on the 3 wheeled bike.   There's also an electric assist.  Because of the weight, they ship the bikes ($4295, and one for $6,000) fully assembled, by a motorcycle shipping company.   The seller only imports for right now, but will eventually develop his own version that will be cheaper for consumers.     Barbara is the last shark in, and wants 40%.    Barbara makes the deal.

• Love 1

I have a Pedego trike (electric throttle and pedal assist) which I bought for 3K. I am seeing a lot of bikes similar to the Bunch bikes around. Bunch also sells a non-electric version for 3K which you’d need legs like Eric Heiden to pedal. I just wasn’t that impressed with his distribution model.

Edited by Quickbeam
Grammar
  • Love 1

I didn't really get the milk thing. It is a machine that makes milk right there in the grocery store? What is the advantage, really? But I use real dairy milk and never drink it by itself, so maybe I am not in their target demo. It seemed weird that they were trying to quibble with Mark over a 1% difference.

That hair-grabbing thing was a terrible idea. My hair is long and tends to clog up my shower drain. That is a problem. There solution was for if you end up with hair in your hands? That is not something that happens to me often, I think the water just pushes the hair out or something. But if I did find hair on my hand, I would just stick my hand under the shower and let the water wash it off.....like I said, the drain already gets clogged. And that is much less gross than looking at globs of hair on the wall. These people have a solution in search of a problem.

I have no tattoos, but those guys seemed to have a good business.

Are there really people who spend $5,000 on a bike? That seems insane. 

• Love 5

I have long hair and use a TubShroom to keep the drain from clogging. I don't stick my hair on the shower walls, but then, I'm not a teenager.

There are so many tattoo salves/creams. So many.

I guess there are people who would pay $6,000 for a bike, but my used car cost less than that, so I'm not one of those people. I also don't like children, so I'm out.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I have long hair and use a TubShroom to keep the drain from clogging. I don't stick my hair on the shower walls, but then, I'm not a teenager.

There are so many tattoo salves/creams. So many.

I

I did not understand the hair thing at all! I have very long hair that clogs the drain and kills vacuum cleaners. But I’ve never had it come out in my hand and slapped it on the shower. 

Edited by Quickbeam
  • Love 3

Kid mover bikes can't be disassembled or folded up for storage, so cuts out 99% of the New York City market. Could be profitable but can't see it becoming a runaway success. Not sure why the tattoo balm got a deal at all. Numilk seems like a very San Francisco, Portland kind of thing. I am always trying to keep hair from going down the drain during showers but I don't put it on the walls. Usually have to roll it in a tiny ball. I just hate having to pull out the Liquid Plumr. Wouldn't pay $10 for a plastic gadget but knockoffs may show up in dollar stores now.

Have they ever done a followup on a deal from the same season? It had only been three months.

One thing about the bike... just how many years can you actually put the kids into the front thing...ages 3 to 5?   Seems a bit/lot for a product that doesn’t have a lot of years of use...and depending on where you live, it is a seasonal product that you have to have storage space for.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I have long hair also and use an Oxo drain protector that works great.  And like KaveDweller said, if hair is on your hand, stick your hand under the running water.  Voila. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

One thing about the bike... just how many years can you actually put the kids into the front thing...ages 3 to 5?   Seems a bit/lot for a product that doesn’t have a lot of years of use...and depending on where you live, it is a seasonal product that you have to have storage space for.  

To me, it looks like something a preschool might have to tote kids on field trips.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Yeah hair comes out on my fingers when scrubbing but you just hold your hands under the running water, the rest of the hair is going into the drain anyway... It would never occur to me to stick it onto the wall, I mean, ugh. Really people do that? Maybe their daughter is just nasty.

I didn’t quite get how the Numilk worked.  How many almonds do you need to get a large bottle like that? Seems like something that would run out really fast.

I don’t get why that tattoo balm was different from every other moisturizer/lotion out there, but they already have a market and people are buying so 🤷‍♀️ Also thought it strange that their name is “Mad Rabbit” but their logo is a stag’s head.

No interest whatsoever in the bikes. Another toy for rich people. Yawn.

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 2

The Numilk presenters said that the majority of people switched from dairy milk to other milk sources.  I found that hard to believe, but what do I know?  Part of their pitch was that stores would not need to use employee time to sell Numilk but I disagree.  They would have to replace the bottles, liquid (water?), and replenish the ingredients (almonds, oats, etc.).  Mark was full in on the counter top version (and recommended that they increase the price).  Another applicance that will be priced above what most people could afford.  Don't see the need or viability (and almonds, etc., can be quite pricey-especially for higher quality [and then you get into pasteurized/non-pasteurized nuts, etc.]).

(small voice) when I had really long hair, I would put it on the shower wall when it came out as I didn't want to clog the drain too much.  Even now with shorter hair I don't like to just wash it into the drain.  I would rather clean the wall than the drain, so I actually thought it was a good idea.

Barbara has invested in other bikes, so this seems like an area of interest she has.  Seems way too expensive-but if someone used it for all of their errands as well as trips with kids I guess it could be worthwhile.

• Love 3

None of the products were of interest to me.

My house loves milk...from cows.  I understand the health, allergy or even environmental reasons for going plant based, but oat, almond, cashew liquid is not ‘milk’.  I haven’t herd of ‘hemp milk’, so I know nothing about it.  No offense to anyone who enjoys it, but all I can think of is that it would smell like the bong water in some of my friends’ dorm rooms back in college.

No tattoos in our house, but my teen aged daughter and I both have long hair.  Never have either of us left hair on the walls!  We have a catch thingy over the drain so the hair won’t cause clogs.  If I have hair on my hands after shampooing, I have either run my hands under water, or even gathered it up and tossing it into the trash can. That couple needs to train their kids better hygiene habits!

The bike was crazy expensive and I don’t think it would have a long life span.  Plus, parking that thing would take up a big portion of the sidewalk if you bike into town to get an ice cream.  After your toddlers grow, and turn 5-6-7 years old, they will want their own bikes. Then what? The Bunch Bike goes on Facebook Marketplace?  Mom or Dad gets a second job delivering burritos out of the former passenger compartment? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I buy almond milk now that our kids are out of the house specifically for its longer fridge life. Since we use milk almost exclusively as an ingredient it doesn't get used very fast. So the one week fridge life wouldn't work for me. My daughter makes her own almond milk using a Blendtec blender, which can be used for a myriad of other things instead of another one use kitchen appliance.

I have long, very thick hair and never once have stuck a glob on of it on the shower wall. But I have the solution- the teenager who sticks their hair on the wall has chosen to clean the bathroom that day. If you do it every day; you can clean it every day. Nobody else should have to solve this non-problem.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

All the packaging of the almond/soy/oat milks I've ever purchased say they're good for 10 days after opening, so it didn't seem significantly different than the NuMilk, unless one regularly buys it and doesn't open it right away.

• Love 1

I do put my hair on the shower wall when I shampoo as I don't want it to try to go down the drain. It's shoulder length and falling out like I have a virus or something (I don't!). Anyway, I just wipe the hair with a square of tp when I get out of the shower.

The milk--can it be frozen? I never drink milk but sometimes need milk for baking (sweet & savory). I wouldn't want to toss $4.00 per half gallon (?) of milk if I'd used only a cup.

Glad to read someone brought up Mad Rabbit's confusing logo. It's like the Allbirds wool shoes. Great shoes, but wha??

Edited by rhys
  • Love 2
On 3/27/2021 at 12:34 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

Kid mover bikes can't be disassembled or folded up for storage, so cuts out 99% of the New York City market.

Exactly. How would someone living in a fourth floor walk up lug it up and down the stairs, not to mention find floor space to store it in an NYC apartment?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, eel21788 said:

Exactly. How would someone living in a fourth floor walk up lug it up and down the stairs,

Or use it outside of one's neighborhood, city or suburb, without some elaborate platform carrier on the back of the car.

• Love 1

I thought that the bikes were really nice, but crazy expensive - and if I can't transport it, I'm relegated to only riding it in my neighborhood and having it take up a good chunk of my garage.  As others noted, the shelf life for this is short, because the kids will outgrow it.  I think this is a product for families with serious money along with the room to store it.  Way above my paygrade!

The hair thing - I had to laugh because I have the same problem, and when I run my hand under water - the hair just never comes off  - I don't get it!  But, if I wipe my hand off on the wall, it comes off easily.  But at the end of my shower - I rinse off the wall down the drain - I don't leave my remnants there for the next person!  Should I make more of an effort to stop it from going down the drain?  Probably, but about once a year, I use my homemade, anti-clog, drain concoction and move on with my life.  Would I ever stick that ugly thing on the wall?  That's a hard no.  As Kevin should have said: "Take it out behind the barn and shoot it."

I use almond milk in my cereal, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get this stuff.  The business model they should pursue is the countertop units.  The grocery model seems too complicated and expensive.

Tattoo cream.  I have no tattoos and the only reason someone is sticking a needle into me is for a blood test, IV, or a vaccine - so I will never need this product.  I cannot understand why this fancy cream was so much better than any other moisturizer for tattoos - and I don't ever recall them saying how much they actually charge for the stuff.  They do seem to be killing it, so good for them, and what do I know.

Edited by aemom
Removed superfluous comma and used the wrong "to"
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Shellie said:

I guess I don't understand the problem of hair going down the drain when strainers can be purchased for $2 to $10. 

I have a strainer, but it doesn't really work that well. 

But it's not really that big a deal to clean out a drain every once in awhile. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, marny said:

Imagine spending $63,000 to create a dumb product instead of just telling your daughter to clean up after herself. 

They probably blew through her whole college fund to use it for product development. That should teach her a good lesson.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I have no personal interest in the Mad Rabbit tattoo product, but when one of those guys said he had no visible tattoos? Yowza.

Eh, for a long time, I didn't have any that were visible when I wore regular clothing (hips, back). I only had arm pieces added over the last 10–15 years, and I can wear three-quarter-length sleeves or long sleeves rolled up and the tattoos aren't visible. He could have upper arm or back pieces. I don't think it is as "scandalous" as it was edited to seem.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 3
On 3/28/2021 at 3:34 PM, eel21788 said:

Exactly. How would someone living in a fourth floor walk up lug it up and down the stairs, not to mention find floor space to store it in an NYC apartment?

I would think that the type of person who would pay $6,000 for a bike for their kids is not the person who lives in a walk-up or has any issues with storage space. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Also thought it strange that their name is “Mad Rabbit” but their logo is a stag’s head.

I also didn't get the logo. 🤷‍♀️

I also didn't get the Numilk big machine. As someone mentioned, aren't the ingredients going to have to be refilled quite often? I'm guessing it takes quite a bit to almonds, oats, whatever, to produce a bottle of the "milk".

Bike is definitely high-end niche product. What about selling it to resorts and in vacation spots where people ride bikes?

• Love 1
On 3/26/2021 at 7:59 PM, KaveDweller said:

These people have a solution in search of a problem.

Exactly what I said to my husband.  I've had long hair, and don't remember having much of it end up in my hands.  

(edited)
10 hours ago, lh25 said:

Exactly what I said to my husband.  I've had long hair, and don't remember having much of it end up in my hands.  

Same, and I'm nearly sixty. If my hair was going to be falling out, I think it would have started happening by now. I also don't understand the difference between wiping it on the wall or wiping on a thing that is attached to the wall. They're both equally ugly, and they'd both take the same amount of effort to clean, which is practically zero.

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 2

That DrainWig device that Kevin invested in years ago seems a much better solution for catching hairs in the shower drain. I may buy one of those! 

Who pays for a fancy monthly tattoo enhancing cream when the creators of it fully admit the enhancement only comes from it moisturizing the skin. Any lotion will do that!  

• Love 3
(edited)

I would love to own the Hairy Grabster!!  For some reason, when I'm done shampooing or conditioning, its very hard to get every last strand off my hands even if I try to rinse them and it drives me crazy!! I do end up putting a few strands on the shower wall.  I think I am going to buy one.  

Only $10 with free shipping -https://hairygrabster.com/

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think the tattoos guys were smart in creating a website where people could share pictures of their tattoos and create a community. They also had a monthly subscription option. They created a way for users and tattoo artists to connect.

Since I really like my plumbers, but dislike having to write them big checks for drain cleaning., I bought the Hairy Grabster. and it works well when there's hair in the sink, or tub (I have one in the bathroom sink, on the mirror, and the tub.   I also put one in the second bowl of the kitchen sink, since I either shampoo my hair there, or just wet it down.    When I color my hair, I rinse it out in the kitchen sink too, and now I can grab the hair out of the drain strainer (I like the ones that look like colanders, with a metal bottom, and round holes in it), and put in on the Grabster.     I really like this product. 

• Love 1
On 4/11/2021 at 1:43 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bought the Hairy Grabster. ....  I really like this product. 

On 4/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I would love to own the Hairy Grabster!!  ....  I think I am going to buy one.  

Well, I bought the Hairy Grabster, and it is almost impossible to get the dried hair out once you're done.  I tried using my fingers, a comb, and a brush.  Any suggestions?

8 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Well, I bought the Hairy Grabster, and it is almost impossible to get the dried hair out once you're done.  I tried using my fingers, a comb, and a brush.  Any suggestions?

Didn't they offer you a money-back guarantee? Send it back, hair and all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/11/2021 at 12:43 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

When I color my hair, I rinse it out in the kitchen sink too, and now I can grab the hair out of the drain strainer (I like the ones that look like colanders, with a metal bottom, and round holes in it), and put in on the Grabster.    

Why don't you just put the hair in the trash instead of on the Grabster, awaiting transfer to the trash?

My problem with the Grabster is that it's not much less gross having that thing with hair stuck in it than having hair on the wall, which isn't even an issue for most people.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Why don't you just put the hair in the trash instead of on the Grabster, awaiting transfer to the trash?

My problem with the Grabster is that it's not much less gross having that thing with hair stuck in it than having hair on the wall, which isn't even an issue for most people.

Sometimes there's more hair in the drain strainer, when I'm still rinsing.    I do love the drain strainer though.     So, I just moved the kitchen trash can over by the sink, and that works better anyway.