Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Barrie'd Alive

• Start Topic

The Parsifal crew is on edge waiting for the results to an important test. But when night falls, they make good use of their unexpected time off with a naughty game of Truth or Dare. When Sydney notices that flirtations between Alli and Gary are heating up, she takes matters into her own hands… but the results aren’t what she expected. Alli receives a life-changing phone call. The third charter of the season gets underway, and a high-maintenance modern family sends the crew into a tailspin. Tensions between the interior and exterior simmer as Daisy and the stews stews rush to keep up with a slew of non-stop drink orders while the deck team drags their feet on offering relief. Natasha hits the skids with a dinner service that leaves everyone feeling uncomfortable.

Airdate: 03.22.2021

What tension!  What will the COVID results be?!  Oh wait - "the third charter of the season gets underway..."

• LOL 8

I wasn't sure that Gary could get more disgusting, but here we are.  His Mom enables this disgusting behavior.

Back when I was single digits, I had measles, chicken pox, and the mumps almost killed me.  Infectious diseases are not to be fooled with.

Does JL have the ugliest tats ever?  I have never understood the whole tattoo thing, but the unreadable handwriting of some "philosophical" thing is truly the dumbest thing IMHO.

Sad about Alli's Pa.  

• Love 14

Someone else last thread mentioned that this season is shades of Real World Las Vegas and that is spot on. 

These people are not that appealing and it’s just not compelling to watch them screw each other. I like watching semi-relationships develop (I loved Hannah & Conrad on Below Deck Med as one example), not just naked famewhore storylines. 

I like Jean-Luc better than Gary because he actually seemed nervous/crushing on Dani. Gary however is just gross. 

Sydney is a dum dum. Get a clue.

I thought Daisy didn’t want to embarrass her yachtie family or “the whole Republic of Ireland”? Not totally sure, but singing, “Gary, shake your penis” on international TV may have defeated that goal, lolz. 

Yawn. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

That $5000 tip could have just come from Bravo.

For that matter, all the tips could, with the guests handing over the envelope for show.

Hmm, book 9 people so that there aren't even enough beds but the chef is expected to produce plated meals for all of them, on time?

Or have them all demand cocktails all the time and they're spending a lot of time hand-washing cocktail glasses?

Smells like producers brainstorming on how they could stress the crew out.

And who's paying for the booze?  Because there seemed to be a lot of supply.  I know they want to show all these singles mingling, making out or eventually getting into drunken fights.  But it's already tiresome.

The crew nights going out to restaurants and clubs were also contrived but at least they went to some places that looked interesting sometimes, like terraces in a beautiful setting.

Of course they probably have little choice in the matter, though why did Croatia allow in tourists if not to prop up their tourism industry which would include a lot of bars and restaurants?  Maybe last year they didn't know that outdoor dining, properly spaced apart, was relatively safe.  Of course, people could congregate in the restrooms or whatever but if they spent most of the time outdoors, with the tables spaced apart, it shouldn't be that bad.

• Love 5

Gave the show another shot tonight. Watched with no sound for about 10 mins. 

Cant stand it. 

The cast at their time-off jacuzzi party. Wretch. My gawd so unappealing. Forced.

Yep Real World Las Vegas. Transparently producer driven. 

Oh that Gary in his stupid hat with the sloppy hair. He projects about as much leadership as a wet behind the ears junior high schooler.

I cant tell the difference with the ladies.

Everyone is a mess.

More importantly, no one in this cast shows any real concern, effectiveness, or career potential for yachtie professionalism,  like prior cast members, even though they too were flawed young people finding their way and maturing......

.....like Kate, Ben, even Hannah, Malia, Adam, Eddie, Jauo, and others.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 7

So the primary is married and had hubby on trip but had his boyfriend on the trip too?  And the boyfriend was his DAUGHTER'S boyfriend?  And the boyfriend had HIS boyfriend on the trip too?  That is pretty messed up.

And what was with the suits for all, even the kids on a sailing yacht?  huh?

• Love 14

Glad I watched Rachel Maddow last night at 9:00pm.  It seems like Bravo decided to continue filming during the pandemic and this is what they came up with. No thanks. I would rather watch the umpteenth rerun of Below Deck sesson 3 than this.  But thanks for those who watch and report back. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

So the primary is married and had hubby on trip but had his boyfriend on the trip too?  And the boyfriend was his DAUGHTER'S boyfriend?  And the boyfriend had HIS boyfriend on the trip too?  That is pretty messed up.

And sharing a cabin with old flame, new flame, I could not figure out who was who and who belonged to who, kid wise and adult wise. They kept flashing a second of the girl, who is her parent? Do the kids ever speak?  

Oh and for what it is worth, for a mere pittance you too can own a shiny blazer in a variety of colors and patterns, Amazon has them, lots of them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Sage47 said:

I like Jean-Luc better than Gary because he actually seemed nervous/crushing on Dani. Gary however is just gross. 

Jean-Luc also took the objectification by the primary in stride (or maybe didn't realize what was happening?).  And helped the stews with washing dishes and delivering food.  So he gets points from me this week.  

Also, Daisy's hot tub swimsuit was really cute.  That's all the positive I got.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

Not just messed up. Creepy AF and scarring to those children. I guess those are the only guests they could find during a pandemic. Depraved weirdos with children exposed to their weirdness. Sick. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And sharing a cabin with old flame, new flame, I could not figure out who was who and who belonged to who, kid wise and adult wise. They kept flashing a second of the girl, who is her parent? Do the kids ever speak?  

I was totally confused too.  I felt bad for the daughter being the only girl, I hope she got her own room.  And those boys acted like they don't speak unless they're spoken too.  I get the feeling they're very controlled. 

I just ffd through the drunken make out with the crew.  I couldn't believe that Sydney jumped into Gary's bed.  Is she that desperate and insecure?  Or is she just incredibly stupid?  Have a little self respect.  

This episode was pretty boring, hopefully it gets better.

• Love 11

Even with cramming all four adults all in the master, there were still five teens/tweens for two twin rooms.  Did one of them sleep on the floor?  

Once Barrie deemed family style unacceptable, Natasha should've changed up the menu.  There are plenty of options that wouldn't require separate temps or different sides, all of which would allow for nine simultaneous servings.  She invited criticism by sticking with the steak/potatoes.

Cringing for Sydney.

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Ok, I tried to figure it out, and I THINK that the primary and the husband are the parents of all of the kids (using a surrogate).  They are still married but not together, and so they each brought their respective boyfriends. 

Barry's boyfriend used to be the boyfriend of the daughter.  Which makes me want to barf.  

Also weird asking about condoms.  

ALSO weird that they were all in one room!

The one boyfriend seemed over the whole thing.  

51 minutes ago, snarts said:

Cringing for Sydney.

Oh Sydney.  I've been there.  Well, not THERE - I would not have followed the guy all around the boat, and then to bed.  But boning someone who then starts liking someone else, that does suck.  And it is hard but you have to disengage.  Or you look pathetic.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 17

Barrie and his family are constantly selling their stories to the media. They love the attention - so it is no surprise to see them on Below Deck. He also cheated on his husband when his husband was battling cancer, so it is well known that he isn't a nice person ! He is now expecting more children with his new partner through a surrogate (the daughters ex.).

As for the crew - they all act like they are on Love Island when they have time off ! If i wanted to watch such antics - i would just watch one of those shows instead !

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

I haven’t eaten meat since I was a kid, but isn’t it typical to cook a stake at the patron’s requested temp?  I also wondered if the steaks could have been sectioned off and seasoned prior.  

I also don’t get the mixed drinks. Why not prepare a bunch in prep?  And would someone even realize their Orange wasn’t squeezed thirty seconds ago?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I thought primary Barrie and husband were divorced. 

On 3/22/2021 at 10:08 PM, PaperTree said:

I wasn't sure that Gary could get more disgusting, but here we are.  His Mom enables this disgusting behavior.

I could be wrong but I feel like many of the most disgusting guys on the Below Deck franchise have been mama's boys. I don't understand how they can be so close to their mothers and treat other women so badly. (To be clear, Colin from the original Below Deck is an exception to this-sweetest mama's boy ever!)

• Love 13

Well this episode wasn’t as bad as I’d feared. I will give Gary credit for trying to let down Sidney in a truthful, friendly manner. Damn, she doesn’t hear what she doesn’t want to hear though! I see a bunny boiling on the stovetop in her future!
I wonder what she thinks as she’s watching this. It was clear last week that Sidney was the consolation prize after everyone else went to bed and this week all her soulful and playful flirting is not getting Gary interested. 

Gary is such a lame flirter (everything is “hilarious!”) but I think he keeps the party energy high. I guess I’m saying he’s the type it’s  fun to tease and make out with but sleep with? That’s a drunken mistake that will make you cringe for years! 😂 Not that I have any experience with making cringe-worthy mistakes 😳 
But to double that mistake by continuing to pursue him after he’s made it clear he’s not interested? Oh girl. 

I want to see more of those kids! There were four right? The daughter seemed very normal and she’s figured out how to dress when surrounded by dandies. I would struggle with sartorial choices in the company of so many peacocks. I might watch parts again to see what she wears.

Glenn needs to direct Gary to work harder and pick up slack in the kitchen. The guest experience is everyone’s responsibility.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jsage said:

I could be wrong but I feel like many of the most disgusting guys on the Below Deck franchise have been mama's boys. I don't understand how they can be so close to their mothers and treat other women so badly. (To be clear, Colin from the original Below Deck is an exception to this-sweetest mama's boy ever!)

Colin’s father is still in the picture and I think that’s the difference. So often you see the single mom raising the son and something ... happens in those relationships.

I don’t believe it always happens but with the man children we’ve seen on BD, the boys love and respect their mamas (yay!) but see women as disposable playthings. These guys never look twice at their attitudes nor behavior. Mom must have taught them how very, very special they are.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, spunky said:

Barrie has to be the worst guest to ever appear on Below Deck.  He also seems to be a terrible human being. 

I wouldn't go as far as calling him the worst guest ever but he ranks up there, remember Dean, remember that guy that was day trader that was insensed that the ships internet was not up to his standards and bitched about how much money he was losing by the minute, (gah, don't take vacations on boats you nitwit!) so many shitty charter guests to pick from!

• Love 5

So it sounds like this primary was infamous or had some big social media profile so he was cast for that reason?

I guess they showed the crew Googling him at some point.

Another stunt casting or should I say the usual charter guest selection by Bravo.

• Love 4

I don't sleep well on airplanes--on my last transatlantic flight (oh for the days) I eventually ended up scraping the bottom of the barrel of things I wanted to watch, and there was a British-TV feature on this family (pre breakup and new boyfriends).  IIRC it was around the time that the two older kids were graduating, and there was a way over the top birthday party; then I think??? they wanted to move to America for a while, but one of the teens (maybe Saffron?) didn't want to go.  Never thought I'd see them again, never really wanted to....well, the kids seem relatively normal (other than being little fashion plates for Dad) and well-behaved.

I agree with a poster on the previous ep thread that Gary's hair makes him look like Caitlyn Jenner's (specifically the Olympic era cut, for which Jenner at least had the excuse that it was the 70s).  But in that shot of him with shorter hair with his mom, he looked like a young Jason Bateman (but not as attractive).  Whyyyy this haircut?  It's so...odd.

Sydney looks like Gwyneth Paltrow to me.  And she may be foolish for mooning over Gary, but at least she doesn't shill candles that smell like her private parts.

I'm in the minority here, I think, but though I like Natasha on her own, I've generally been on Daisy's side in their conflicts; especially since Natasha escalates them really quickly and then badmouths Daisy.  

2 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

Colin’s father is still in the picture and I think that’s the difference.

I think Colin also has more self-awareness in general and awareness of how his relationship with his mom presents.  He obviously loves his folks dearly, and would never sell them out to the bros, but he does know he comes across as a mama's boy.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wouldn't go as far as calling him the worst guest ever but he ranks up there, remember Dean, remember that guy that was day trader that was insensed that the ships internet was not up to his standards and bitched about how much money he was losing by the minute, (gah, don't take vacations on boats you nitwit!) so many shitty charter guests to pick from!

I forgot about those two.  Yeah, they were pretty horrible. 

• LOL 2

Back when I was single digits, I had measles, chicken pox, and the mumps almost killed me.  Infectious diseases are not to be fooled with.

Does JL have the ugliest tats ever?  I have never understood the whole tattoo thing, but the unreadable handwriting of some "philosophical" thing is truly the dumbest thing IMHO.

Sad about Alli's Pa.  

• Love 1

17 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

Family style and buffet are not the same thing!

Exactly, thank you! And family style would have been much more appropriate for this group. Also, I found it really tacky that the servers kept handing the plates to the guests instead of setting them down on the table. It's a weird table for serving, but they still could have managed it. That dinner was a disaster.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

I want to see more of those kids! There were four right? The daughter seemed very normal and she’s figured out how to dress when surrounded by dandies. I would struggle with sartorial choices in the company of so many peacocks. I might watch parts again to see what she wears.

She’s a piece of work. She takes after daddy and I think she looked better before the “upgrades.” 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

Exactly, thank you! And family style would have been much more appropriate for this group. Also, I found it really tacky that the servers kept handing the plates to the guests instead of setting them down on the table. It's a weird table for serving, but they still could have managed it. That dinner was a disaster.

Yes! I’ve gotten so sick of improper serving on these shows while they brag about Silver Service, etc.

I admit I don’t know exactly what Silver Service entails but I know you don’t carry wine glasses by the bowl; I don’t want to see my fingerprints on my wine glass bowl and I sure as heck don’t want to see yours!

But I noticed the “we can’t eat from a buffet” family didn’t know not to reach for the plates, so ... no harm no foul?

Edited by lcarolynl
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

Yes! I’ve gotten so sick of improper serving on these shows while they brag about Silver Service, etc.

I admit I don’t know exactly what Silver Service entails but I know you don’t carry wine glasses by the bowl; I don’t want to see my fingerprints on my wine glass bowl and I sure as heck don’t want to see yours!

But I noticed the “we can’t eat from a buffet” family didn’t know not to reach for the plates, so ... no harm no foul?

Silver service is precise and carefully choreographed. They didn’t do it right at all (if that’s what they were trying to do), and the family didn’t appear to know what it was either. Posers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 3/25/2021 at 7:00 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

What in the name of all that is holy did that woman do to her face?  She spent $100K to look like one of Dr. Dubrow's patients on Botched!

I noticed that she struggled to use her fork with those talons.  I found her lips terrifying, but she seemed polite and thankful to the crew. 

• Love 1
On 3/23/2021 at 2:34 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I saw side by side photos of Betheny Frankel and Daisy wearing that bathing suit, Daisy wore it better.

I agree 💯%.  I saw the suit on daisy during the show and I thought it was so cute.  Then later I saw it on Bethenny.  I didn’t even realize it was the same suit until I saw that on social media.  Daisy’s youth put the skinny girl to shame.

Every time I see this group around the hot tub after hours, I’m disgusted.  Some of the guys with their arms around the girls, it’s high school behavior.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I saw the suit on daisy during the show and I thought it was so cute.

can you remind me of what it looked like? I only remember the shot of Natasha's (from behind) and it did her no favors. Seemed to fit more like a thong, which I don't think was the intent.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, dleighg said:

can you remind me of what it looked like? I only remember the shot of Natasha's (from behind) and it did her no favors. Seemed to fit more like a thong, which I don't think was the intent.

It was a one piece red floral with ruffle sleeves and a cut out in the middle, cute, daring.

Gary is so gross. His gross hair and the way he talks like some overgrown frat boy. His annoying mannerisms. It blows my mind that anyone would be attracted to him. 

Sydney looks like such a fucking fool. Gross Gary has given no indication that he wants to do anything other then fuck. She’s embarrassing herself. It’s all so stupid. 

Honestly this whole cast sucks so bad. They are so annoying and such try hards.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 1
On 3/28/2021 at 4:02 PM, dleighg said:

31932667-3EE0-4E26-9FAD-3B5B3BCBD233.jpeg

A5A341E4-00D7-408E-AA8D-2BFC469F41A9.jpeg

• Love 2