Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: Face To Face

• Start Topic

Virginia's husband, Erik, is a pilot for a major commercial airline.

As the wife of an airline employee, Virginia is entitled to the same flight benefits Erik receives. She can travel on his airline anywhere in the world his airline flies for just a small service charge*. She can also get discounts on hotels (usually 50% off). 

Decisions, decisions:

Getting drunk three nights a week with her BFFs in Atlanta

OR

Traveling the world with her husband and getting to see things she'd probably never be able to afford to see otherwise?

Wouldn't she rather explore the tapas bars in Madrid, the sidewalk cafés in Paris, or do a pub crawl in actual pubs in London?

If she chooses the former, she's an idiot.

*Airline employees and their families travel on stand-by, but it doesn't take employees long to learn the best times of year/days of the week to travel to improve their chances of getting a seat. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Were there any good upcoming scenes? I missed them.

Vincent and Briana take dance lessons.  Ryan and Clara do paint your own pottery.  Haley brings home a gift for Jake.  It looks like the couples get those stupid couples questions to answer, and they try to make it look like some tension with that regarding the L word with V and B, and H and J.  Erik confronts VA about why she wanted to get married.  Clara and Ryan appear to be at a pastry place, and she disses him by saying she feels like she's at a motivational seminar -- free donuts if you listen to the self-help talk.  Chris and Paige meet at an outdoor patio restaurant...they show him saying I'm afraid that I might be happy and that I might fall in love, and they show her getting up to leave saying I'm done.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

This exactly. Just when they found something they both enjoy, boating, Jake derails the conversation by asking Haley if she was into, I can't remember exactly, but some kind of racing or something that she obviously wouldn't be interested in. Then he moves on to axe throwing.  It's pretty clear that Haley has no interest in the 80's, a steak-and-egg diet, bodybuilding, or pretty much anything Jake is interested in. Now finally, finally they agree on a common interest and instead of Jake saying, "Hey, let's make a plan to go boating", he derails the conversation in a way that obviously annoyed her. Jake seems to have no ability to read social cues. 

I bolded that part because I'm remembering the scene in the kitchen with him and one of Haley's friends.  He made a point of guzzling the whole drink in front of her, and maybe he thought he was cute or impressing her but she looked at him like he was strange.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/3/2021 at 8:23 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I’m calling it now: Haley is completely done with Jake.  The rest of the season is just purely academic and waiting out the clock. 

She didn’t belong here in the first place.  Maybe she’ll go on the “Marrying for Millions” show next.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Drogo said:

There's nothing worse than when you bring your new wife and the woman you impregnated right before your wedding together and they don't tell you how great you are and write a duet singing your praises.  Dis-re-spect-ful!

Fuck Chris.  

Chris is nothing but constant disrespect to just about everyone he comes across. It's hilarious that he thinks he deserves any amount of respect from Paige.

• Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Getting drunk three nights a week with her BFFs in Atlanta

OR

Traveling the world with her husband and getting to see things she'd probably never be able to afford to see otherwise?

I'd definitely go for the latter, but it would require getting time off from work.  I can't remember what Virginia does for a living, but she's young and I doubt she's built up a lot of vacation time.  At least the three nights a week drinking is done locally. 

And I don't know...would Erik want to travel when he's not working, or would he want to be at home?  He actually sounds like more of a homebody to me, but maybe that's because he's never had someone who wanted to travel before.  Not that he necessarily does now, of course.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
Aargh--it's Erik, not Peter The Bachelor.
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Axe throwing is actually a fun indoor activity that a lot of people do now. Couples, friends, etc. It's not creepy, it's a just activity 

I have seen it done on a hometown date on The Bachelor! can't remember which season.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I hope that's true, and it's not the every day that I'm actually fearing. 

And if that is the problem, I hope you're right.  It could be that she's trying not to be cruel and advertise on national teevee that she thinks he's bad in bed, and didn't think to name something else that she claims turns her off.  It might drive the viewers crazy, but it would definitely be the high ground.

I think it takes a certain type of head and features for white guys to pull off a shaved head, and I don't think Jake has them. 

What got me was when he and his friend were talking, they couched it in terms of Virginia checking with Erik about her plans and seeing if it was okay.  I didn't like the "if it's okay"--it sounded more on the "permission" side than the "notifying" side.

The man can't even afford a pair of socks!

AND that he insists on keeping his shirt on during the BJ?  I'm really wanting to get to the bottom of this.

Was it Brianna or Clara who was going to one of the housewarmings as a pinch hitter, and was having a beer before she went?  I bristled that her husband declined her offer of one, and then she said she didn't want to drink alone.  I hate that.  If drinking alone really bothers you that much, become friends with Virginia.  But if someone, anyone, says they don't want a drink right then, don't wheedle them into taking one. 

(But I hate even more that I can't remember which one it was, so I know who to be mad at.)

It was Haley.  Jake had earlier said she drank more than he did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Jake's math didn't make sense to me. Haley asked him what he was doing at 28. He said he had flipped a house with his dad, but then the market crashed in 2008. If he was 28 in 2008, he'd be 40 now.

11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

VA's dog is definitely picking up her twitchy vibe. She didn't like seeing how much more chill he was with Erik.

On last year's Love is Blind there was a lady who was dragged on social media because she was filmed giving her dog wine from her wine glass. Virginia strikes me as the type that would do that, only it wouldn't be wine. 

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I noticed Jake ofter has his hand infront of his face when he speaks, not sure what to say about it other than I have noticed it.

I actually haven't noticed Jake do this, but Eric does it all the time.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

She didn’t belong here in the first place.  Maybe she’ll go on the “Marrying for Millions” show next.  

That show is "BYORG" (Bring Your Own Rich Geezer) 😄   They show "couples" having relationship problems because one has money.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Oh man. I worked for Delta airlines for a short while.  It was too far of a drive, an hour and a half each way, so I quit.  
Employees and family could fly free of charge, other than taxes and fees.  
She’s so lucky to be married to a pilot.  Immediate Stand by status , over the rest of the Delta employees. Even those with 30 years of service. 
If it was me, I would fly all over.  VA just wants to drink with her male friends.  Ugh. 

• Love 4
On 3/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I move that they recruit all of these people’s friends for next season.  They seem much more balanced and measured than the actual couples.  

Yes,  how did these idiots end up with such smart friends?

• Love 4
On 3/3/2021 at 5:28 PM, Crashcourse said:

If they did, indeed, have sex, something really turned her off.  She looks traumatized and I can understand her not wanting to say what it was on national tv.  Yes, she's saying she wants to try, but you can tell she doesn't mean it.  

It’s difficult to read Haley, she doesn’t seem to be very articulate or very bright to me.

• Love 5
On 3/3/2021 at 5:29 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Oh, Vincent.  Don’t you want a fun, sassy wife?  I have truly never seen one bit of rudeness or disrespect from her.  She seems like a really nice person.  

Vincent has me concerned, that he could get so upset and want to go home over such a trivial miscommunication does not bode well.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I looked close at Paige and Mercedes and I don't think one is more pretty than the other. Mercedes has more refined facial features but she isn't as voluptuous as Paige. Out of a hundred guys on looks only it would be close to 50-50.

Did Chris really think Paige wouldn't mention they had sex? I don't know what Chris hoped for out of this meeting its just incredible how he avoids any responsibility for what happened and he can't accept any criticism. In fact he still sees himself as a victim. And then we got to see him 'pull out' again. There have been some really awful men on this show. I'd say men are more often jerks than woman on MAFS. But this guy really takes despicable to a whole new level.

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I personally think Mercedes is way prettier then Paige. I think Chris has a physical “type” (which we all do) and Paige isn’t it. He always mentions how he’s growing more “spiritually attracted” to her. Not ever physically. He isn’t a fan of her looks and it’s pretty obvious. 

I am holding back feeling bad for Paige because this is all so clear and his treatment of her had made her look like a total doormat and someone who just has zero self confidence or self worth. She should have kicked him to the curb the second he told her he wasn’t attracted to her and if not then the second he told her he had a baby mama waiting back home who he still had feelings for. They had known each other a few days. It’s not worth it! He’s not worth anymore time yet she still looks like a puppy chasing it’s owner. 

1 hour ago, endure said:

Vincent has me concerned, that he could get so upset and want to go home over such a trivial miscommunication does not bode well.

Me too! I didn’t see her comment as rude at all! Then again, I’m from a Sicilian family where we talk bluntly about everything and everybody so maybe I’m not sensitive enough? But, his attitude worried me a bit. She wasn’t disrespecting him. He needs a sense of humor!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Racj82 said:

No I'm saying I think his Ex is more attractive. I don't think Paige is ugly. But, I can also see why, in the mind Chris thinking Paige is not on the level of his Ex. Just talking physically. As a person all around I don't know. I don't know the ex like that. Honestly, I don't feel like I know Paige that much. Her whole marriage has been about Chris drama. Not really about her.

ETA personal anecdote. I was watching the episode with a group of people at work during break time. One guy would not stop talking about how unattractive he thought Paige was. Then he saw the Ex was like damn, he went from that to that. I see why he wasn't attracted to Paige. Everyone else agreed with the guy. Men and Women. One guy said Paige looked better. But, after a few minutes, he was no you guys are right. The ex does look better. It made us all laugh.

I actually thought his ex was waaaaaay out of his league. Like, how did he get this beautiful woman pregnant??? Is this a joke?

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jello shots are such a focus for some of these women, ick.  It is like Robitussin in jello for me besides being a bit too juvenile why are they hyper focused on jello shots?  

Did Erik say he would like to be in touch with Virginia every hour or so when they are apart? OMG, really?  He indicated that he wanted to know what she was doing, like she was heading out to a friends house then if she left her friends house and arrived elsewhere, etc...Virginia still looks dirty, she is young and can wear cute things, she needs a fashion make over.

Paige is much nicer than I would have been, she got her point across but it was painfully slow.  Mercedes telling Paige she had no ill will against her?  Why would she?  Mercedes did not look pregnant and she was winging it when asked how far along she was. I am not sure why Paige is giving that loser anymore of her time, she has nothing to gain, there is no "there," there so why would she feel anything but relief to be rid of Chris.

Brianna will be walking on eggshells for the rest of her married life. 

Clara has not seen Ryan without a shirt on? He won't even let her see him after a shower with a towel around his waist?  Is he a Never Nude like Gob from Arrested Developement? LOL.  I feel bad for Clara but the more she is pushing it as in sex and the L word the more Ryan will with hold those things, he wants to take the lead but she keeps pushing. With a little ortho work she could change the shape of her lower jaw and give her a more flattering jaw line and probably help with her constant chewing.  

Watching Jake and Hayley together have all the chemistry of a Hallmark movie, so much so it is palpable.  I noticed Jake ofter has his hand infront of his face when he speaks, not sure what to say about it other than I have noticed it.

I have to laugh at your ortho jaw comment about Clara. I hate dissing anyone physically but I was watching this episode with a couple cousins and one of them (who had never seen the show) looks up, sees Clara and yells “Ohhhh this girl has a total witch chin! Yikes!”  I hadn’t noticed until that moment and now I can’t not see that.  😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/3/2021 at 9:25 PM, Soup333 said:

I couldn’t deal with Erik. On top of Virginia needing to check in every other hour he didn’t believe she had platonic relationships with her male friends until they confirmed it to him. How long will it take for him to trust her to be off the leash for four hours? Who would put up with that shit?

Has anyone else noticed that Eric always puts his hands up by his neck when he speaks?? What is that about??? 

• Useful 2
On 3/3/2021 at 8:43 PM, Empress1 said:

Erik is actually really slight. I didn’t notice until he was walking the dogs.

He has the skinniest arms and legs ever and broad shoulders. I think he kind of looks like he has the body of an old man. Like an 80 year old who still goes out walking and stuff. 

I wonder if they could ever do a “Married At First Sight: Second Chances” type of show where they remarry former divorced couples who were on the show with new people or maybe even with others who were on and divorced? I think that could be fun to watch!

• Love 4
(edited)

Haley is a product of her friend group, bet one of them suggested the fore mentioned ill advised red lipstick.

Her large friends group act as her Greek chorus, the mirror that she holds up to compare and judge herself.

Her hair trigger reflex to immediately look for flaws to dismiss men that she meets is her pre guessing how her friends will judge them.
She susses men harshly in anticipation of her friends doing it when they meet each man and run them through the gauntlet....
Her need for their approval paralyzes any common sense and intuition in picking men.

MAFS picking her mate absolves her of yet another poor selection.

Her best match would be the widow of one of the gal pals who had an early unfortunate, tragic death...dude is already vetted, he is part of the group and she wouldn’t have to stress over him knowing his place on the group dynamics.
A Retread husband with pre approval is Haley’s dream spouse.

The Haley and Jake match is cruel stunt casting, in the vein of Neil and Sam.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

On Unfiltered, Paige was identifying what her deal-breakers are and she mentioned snoring and messing with her food.  I sat here in disbelief as I couldn't believe that she chose those two over, oh I don't know, her spouse telling her he was not attracted to her, her spouse expecting a baby with his ex (with whom he conveniently had sex probably right up to the weddings), or her spouse telling her he wanted a divorce.  Those would seem to be bigger deal-breakers than snoring or messing with her food...

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

Erik is actually really slight. I didn’t notice until he was walking the dogs.

Yep .. you are right, but have you ever seen a fat pilot?  I haven’t.  They all look spiffy in their uniforms.  (Swoon).  I do see short fat stewardesses tho.  They don’t look like they used to.  Or should I say “ flight attendants).”

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Chris and Paige meet at an outdoor patio restaurant...they show him saying I'm afraid that I might be happy and that I might fall in love, and they show her getting up to leave saying I'm done.

Yep, when you're "afraid you might fall in love and be happy" the first thing you do is sign up to get married on a reality show.  Makes. No. Effing. Sense.  I wish we could rewind this season and start over with four couples. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

On Unfiltered, Paige was identifying what her deal-breakers are and she mentioned snoring and messing with her food.  I sat here in disbelief as I couldn't believe that she chose those two over, oh I don't know, her spouse telling her he was not attracted to her, her spouse expecting a baby with his ex (with whom he conveniently had sex probably right up to the weddings), or her spouse telling her he wanted a divorce.  Those would seem to be bigger deal-breakers than snoring or messing with her food...

I don't think the average person would list those as deal breakers because everything you just wrote would go without saying and is really obvious. I know she actually went through this so this isn't a normal situation but I assume she was trying list general deal breakers and not the situation she was going through.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

It saddens me that the conversation has turned to comparing the attractiveness of these two women. As someone else said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Chris judged Paige as unattractive before she was even fully in front of him. He said as soon as she turned the corner he knew he didn't find her attractive. Chris may have eagle eyes, but did he really even see her face in full before determining that or was something else a factor? Maybe it was her skin tone, maybe he realized he'd made a horrible mistake by doing the show and actually cared about Mercedes - as much as an asshole like him could have genuine feelings.

Either way, Chris decided Paige wasn't it (but he'd still screw if she was amenable), and won't stop telling people just how unattracted to her he is. At this point he's told his friends, his family, her bridesmaids, us, the other grooms AND Paige (and probably Mercedes). The conversation with his friends could have been about how he's still in love with Mercedes and wants to be a family with their child on the way, but he brings up AGAIN how he feels about Paige's attractiveness. And now some of the larger discussion in MAFS groups has been debating/comparing Mercedes and Paige just like Chris. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

It would be really great for Ginny to fly around the world (or even the country) as Erik's wife. But, somewhere in the back of my mind, I just think that her constant state of inebriation could be a problem for Erik's reputation. I don't think he is thinking of this, but I would be afraid to let someone like that out in public around my professional colleagues.

I do hope that we don't have as much focus on Paige and Chris, and if she really does say (again) that she's done, that she will be. They can just show up separately for filming.

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

This exactly. Just when they found something they both enjoy, boating, Jake derails the conversation by asking Haley if she was into, I can't remember exactly, but some kind of racing or something that she obviously wouldn't be interested in. Then he moves on to axe throwing.  It's pretty clear that Haley has no interest in the 80's, a steak-and-egg diet, bodybuilding, or pretty much anything Jake is interested in. Now finally, finally they agree on a common interest and instead of Jake saying, "Hey, let's make a plan to go boating", he derails the conversation in a way that obviously annoyed her. Jake seems to have no ability to read social cues. 

But according to Jake, in all his past relationships, the women were crazy and completely at fault.  Just like when Haley's friends asked him in the kitchen what went wrong, he said something like, "We were intimate, and then she pulled back, it was confusing."  He tends to leave things out, like his crazy accusations, like the way he did w/whatever he did in all the relationships with those "crazy" women.

I'm still repelled by his T-shirt ("Stop Complaining . . . Get a Job," which makes me think his love for the 80s might really be a love for Reagan but the show is trying not to be political). If they've talked politics and her politics don't match his, that could also be a reason for her obvious discomfort.

1 minute ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
clumsy cut & pasting
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 3/3/2021 at 8:14 PM, karenbrady said:

These two men ministering to ugly Chris are fyne😋.

And stupid. Not intellectually but stupid to try and give advice and reason with a narcissist like Chris.  Why are they giving any credence to Chris at all?  He comes in, says his ex-fiancée is pregnant and then just sits there, waiting to be the center of attention as they talk all about Chris.  When he says he wants to divorce Paige and they say that he should stay with his wife, this is not what he wants to hear and he's done and ready to leave.  Surely by now  these men know what a narcissist he is. The pastor says Chris's child will know him and he doesn't need to stay with his ex-fiancée to raise his child.  Normally I would think it best for the child to be in a 2 parent home but I would hate to foist Chris on an innocent child full time. No matter--he'll probably raise the child in his own image whether he's in the home or not---which is just what the world needs--another Chris.

Edited by rebel2u
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, endure said:

It’s difficult to read Haley, she doesn’t seem to be very articulate or very bright to me.

She does seem to just stare intensely at who ever is speaking to her and does not seem to be able to verbalize how she feels or what she is thinking, Jake can only assume those things, takes what he thinks is going on and runs with it, usually it is Jake running around in circles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Erik, right? Because that is 100% why he's still indulgent of Virginia. But there will come a day.....

That's what I thought as well. It is obvious Erik is not thinking with the head on his neck/shoulders and seeing what we are seeing.

Despite kind of being all over him at the wedding, I really do not think Virginia is all that into him. I think she will stay because his money might allow her to quit her job (that she is always late for) and party even more. She always seem like she is itching to get away from him.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, oops!  It slipped out my hand, I threw it backwards and hit somebody.  Fine if somebody likes the activity, but I'm not down with it.

I'm sure the establishments have safety precautions in place. I never participated in axe throwing but wouldn't they be in an area where nobody would be behind the "thrower"? Just asking. 

• Love 3

I don't think Virginia's dog looked better behaved with Erik. I thought Virginia's dog looked subdued. Rockie didn't even react when she spoke in a high voice and rubbed his face; he just stood there.  Taken together with Erik's controlling nature (if you have any problem with my work schedule, we're DONE! DONE!) and his behavior when he met Ryan walking Clara's dog (Rockie wanted to play, Clara's dog seemed fine, Erik yanks Rockie away, keeps yanking on the leash, saying impatiently "stop," at one point the leash was so short Rockie's front legs were off the ground. This is a guy who has a dog so it's not like he's unused to being around dogs), it makes me worry about what happened to make that poor dog so "much better behaved."

Also, is Erik a kamikaze pilot? Is his cockpit super-small? Is that why his arms are always held so close in front of his body & his shoulders hunched like he's waiting for someone to hit him? They should give him a bigger plane. His posture's been permanently affected by his job.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

It saddens me that the conversation has turned to comparing the attractiveness of these two women. As someone else said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Chris judged Paige as unattractive before she was even fully in front of him. He said as soon as she turned the corner he knew he didn't find her attractive. Chris may have eagle eyes, but did he really even see her face in full before determining that or was something else a factor? Maybe it was her skin tone, maybe he realized he'd made a horrible mistake by doing the show and actually cared about Mercedes - as much as an asshole like him could have genuine feelings.

Either way, Chris decided Paige wasn't it (but he'd still screw if she was amenable), and won't stop telling people just how unattracted to her he is. At this point he's told his friends, his family, her bridesmaids, us, the other grooms AND Paige (and probably Mercedes). The conversation with his friends could have been about how he's still in love with Mercedes and wants to be a family with their child on the way, but he brings up AGAIN how he feels about Paige's attractiveness. And now some of the larger discussion in MAFS groups has been debating/comparing Mercedes and Paige just like Chris. 

Eh. It's natural.

At the end of the day Chris is the only one that truly finds Paige unattractive anyway.

And Chris built this up. Paige is unattractive to him so there was going to be interest and discussion/comparison between the two no matter what. The conversation hasn't just steered there. It was always going to go here.

Yes, I definitely find his ex more attractive but none of that justifies anything Chris has done including labeling Paige as below his standards. He should be thrilled either one of these women or any woman has interest in him.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm sure the establishments have safety precautions in place. I never participated in axe throwing but wouldn't they be in an area where nobody would be behind the "thrower"? Just asking. 

Axe throwing in action

On 3/3/2021 at 6:56 PM, CSunshine76 said:

This Chris/Paige/ex is a shit show of epic proportions! Is this for real?

That bastard just sits there staring into space? Why is Paige even sitting down with them? No thank you...block his number and move on sister.

I’ve always thought Chris was a bit slow. I see no reason why any woman would be interested in him. Do you think they were forced to have that little get together, because nobody had anything to say. He must be hallucinating to say Paige was being rude. He was pure of heart.  He never used the phrase ex- fiancé.  
Would Eric like being texted or called while piloting ? 

• Love 6
On 3/3/2021 at 8:29 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Erik's  friend. As with Ryan, I don't  understand  how men with protruding  ears don't  have haircuts that balance (Read: hide) them.

I have a 2 word solution:  spirit gum.

(You youngsters, look it up.) 🙂

Actually, everybody might need to look it up. I don't think it's common knowledge.  I only heard about it once, from my mom. It's an old timey solution for protruding ears that my mom told me about when I was little.

It's an adhesive that keeps your ears from sticking out.

(No, I've never used it--just heard about it.)

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Eh. It's natural.

At the end of the day Chris is the only one that truly finds Paige unattractive anyway.

And Chris built this up. Paige is unattractive to him so there was going to be interest and discussion/comparison between the two no matter what. The conversation hasn't just steered there. It was always going to go here.

Yes, I definitely find his ex more attractive but none of that justifies anything Chris has done including labeling Paige as below his standards. He should be thrilled either one of these women or any woman has interest in him.

Yes, to the bolded part.

Paige is an attractive woman who is a CPA and is building her own real estate portfolio. Even Chris's friends said she was a diamond.

I do not know much about Mercedes, but I liked the way she shut Chris down when he was trying to blow smoke that Paige was being disrespectful. 

Mercedes seems to be an intelligent and attractive woman in her own right...I have no ideas why the Hell she is with Chris?

AND IF WE NEED TO GET SHALLOW...

I wonder if the Chris has to pretend he has a ton of money because he is the least attractive one in their friend group? He is obviously insecure about himself on some level.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I’ve always thought Chris was a bit slow. I see no reason why any woman would be interested in him. Do you think they were forced to have that little get together,

💯%. Of course they were. Chris hated every minute of it, he knew he had to do it because his is contractually obligated.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

There probably are safety precautions so that no one is behind the thrower, but I'd probably drop the damn thing on my foot.  So no way would I try it. 😭 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She does seem to just stare intensely at who ever is speaking to her and does not seem to be able to verbalize how she feels or what she is thinking, Jake can only assume those things, takes what he thinks is going on and runs with it, usually it is Jake running around in circles.

She loosened up when she was having drinks with Brianna and Clara, so I think she's more comfortable around female friends.  I haven't noticed her around the other men besides Jake, but I'd like to see how she interacts with them--not flirting or anything, but just being comfortable. 

Sometimes things are pretty simple and obvious, and in her case, I think it's that she's not attracted to Jake in any way, shape or form even if he is nice.   I know I wouldn't be.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

I'm still repelled by his T-shirt ("Stop Complaining . . . Get a Job,"

I don't think I saw that one, but I did notice the one that said "No One Cares.....Try Harder" which actually made me laugh. To me it speaks more to the "everyone gets a trophy" mentality and that there's an excuse for everything. I actually liked it.......

• Love 4
On 3/4/2021 at 1:44 AM, humbleopinion said:

These Unfiltereds are so boring but I watch so you all don’t have to.....they are nothing burgers with nothing fries and a nothing drink.

Thanks for taking one for the team : )

• Love 4

Heh, I think the fact that Jake likes to wear those "message" shirts makes him look like he's trying too hard, especially a guy his age.  I'd be embarrassed to be seen with him always wearing those shirts.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

We've always been Equal Opportunity Critics! Erik is "slight"; Clara "needs" a jaw re-alignment; Ryan has an unfortunate haircut; and you should see the "90 Day Fiancee" posts!

Part and parcel for the participants who volunteer for shows that perforce include appearances in their focus on "attraction." It's "Married At First SIGHT," not "Married At First In-Depth Conversation"! 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Heh, I think the fact that Jake likes to wear those "message" shirts makes him look like he's trying too hard, especially a guy his age.  I'd be embarrassed to be seen with him always wearing those shirts.

But...but how else can Jake draw your attention to his pecs? 😉👕

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

But...but how else can Jake draw your attention to his pecs? 😉👕

Well, thank goodness he hasn't worn short shorts outside to show off those thighs.  Haley would tear off running. 😱😅

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

I don't think Virginia's dog looked better behaved with Erik. I thought Virginia's dog looked subdued. Rockie didn't even react when she spoke in a high voice and rubbed his face; he just stood there.  Taken together with Erik's controlling nature (if you have any problem with my work schedule, we're DONE! DONE!) and his behavior when he met Ryan walking Clara's dog (Rockie wanted to play, Clara's dog seemed fine, Erik yanks Rockie away, keeps yanking on the leash, saying impatiently "stop," at one point the leash was so short Rockie's front legs were off the ground. This is a guy who has a dog so it's not like he's unused to being around dogs), it makes me worry about what happened to make that poor dog so "much better behaved."

FWIW I've shared that our last trainer said dogs should never meet on leash as they often fight that way. I don't think her dog wanted to fight, but, he was all over Clara's dog & needed some restraint while they finished their production imposed impromptu meeting. I doubt Erik has mistreated the dog as it was not a bit afraid or skittish around him.

• Love 6