Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: Face To Face

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Coltee Gal said:

So you’re saying that Paige is more attractive. Ok. I totally agree with you.

No I'm saying I think his Ex is more attractive. I don't think Paige is ugly. But, I can also see why, in the mind Chris thinking Paige is not on the level of his Ex. Just talking physically. As a person all around I don't know. I don't know the ex like that. Honestly, I don't feel like I know Paige that much. Her whole marriage has been about Chris drama. Not really about her.

ETA personal anecdote. I was watching the episode with a group of people at work during break time. One guy would not stop talking about how unattractive he thought Paige was. Then he saw the Ex was like damn, he went from that to that. I see why he wasn't attracted to Paige. Everyone else agreed with the guy. Men and Women. One guy said Paige looked better. But, after a few minutes, he was no you guys are right. The ex does look better. It made us all laugh.

Edited by Racj82
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I want a Reese's. They've  finally  worn me down. Not sorry!

Oh, I know, right?  Stupid commercials. 

14 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Why didn't she invite him to come along? I know he was not initially invited but I've never known a wedding where somebody or a bunch of somebody's didn't show up so there would have been room for him.  Bridesmaids don't have a lot of duties after you walk down the aisle.

Why?  Because she wanted to party without him.  She's already made it clear that she needs her alone time and glad that he is a pilot so she can get that alone time.  For some odd reason, she wants to be married, but wants to fuck around, too.  I don't get it.  If I were Erik:  I'm out. 

• Love 6

VA is creating a parent/child dynamic with Eric because of her teenage behavior. Pair Erik with an adult who is sober at least most of the time & he would be much more comfortable.

VA's dog is definitely picking up her twitchy vibe. She didn't like seeing how much more chill he was with Erik.

Maybe she got married so someone would take care of her pets while she sleeps it off on her buddy's couch.

VA could be cute, but the booze is already wearing on her, making her look messy & worn out all the time. Next to perfectly-put-together-squeaky-clean Erik, she looks even more of a wreck.

J&H Producer: "Haley, sit down with Jake - yes you can keep the dog between you - & ask him questions like, you know, like you might be interested in him as a person. I know, I know, just try it for a few minutes..."

R&C Producer:  "Where's Clara, cold shower again?  See if she'll come out for a bit while Ryan walks the dog - offer another Jello shot."

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ha Ha that was delicious! Chris is batshit crazy. Dude needs therapy. Deep, intensive therapy. 

I like ALL of the friends and families. None of the couples. 

I think you're right that Chris is "crazy" (mentally ill).  Not talk therapy mentally ill, but medication mentally ill:  agitation and irritability (all the time, that over-the-top screaming in the van), overconfidence and grandiosity (he cannot handle being called out or doubted), impulsive and engaging in risky behavior (his irresponsible sexual behavior, shopping, financial risks), etc.  And, being homeless often means an underlying mental illness or drug use or both (which the "experts" KNOW is a clear indicator) .  I'm not a psychiatrist but someone in my family is bipolar... so it's certainly something I've thought about with Chris.  I really hope this woman is NOT pregnant. If he is mentally ill there's a chance of the child being mentally ill.  In that case, that kid will need stability, structure, medical attention, for the rest of their life.  There's no cure.  It pisses me off that everyone from the "experts", to the pastors, Paige, Mercedes, etc. are not seeing this and putting plans in place to nurture this child in a calm drama free environment.  

And while I am on my soapbox... Virginia saying she takes shots at home is troubling. Erik saying he hopes she "grows out of it" is very naïve.  If she doesn't stop, she'll be unable to stop and will be in downward spiral over the course of her life OR picking out a folding chair in the basement of some church sponsored AA meeting.  Erik needs to run to an Al-anon meeting to hear what he's in for.  I love Erik but he strikes me as a "rescuer" and might be drawn to Virginia to "help" her.  

Growing to hate on Haley.  She's got a big stick up her ass.  He's odd but seeming less so all the time, she's just a downer.  Her idea of a "chat" seemed more like she was interviewing him.  She can't even let him wear his watch backwards!  "Do I look like someone who would be into Spartan racing?" she says with her lips pursed. OMG. She reminds me of women I've worked with . . . they are usually successful but just a drag to be around.  The type that looks at every project or idea not with a "what's cool about it" but "where's the typo". 

• Love 15

I watched maybe an hours worth of the show.

I'm not sure Haley and Jacob are done. Jake maybe an acquired taste but he does seem like a calm mature thoughtful person. I assume in her interviews and wish list she didn't object to someone being older than her. I don't know where all this talk about something happening on during the honeymoon is coming from. When a couple agree to have sex they should definitely get an idea of whats good, acceptable and appreciated and whats taboo prior to having sex. Finding out during sex can be catastrophic to the relationship and future sex assuming something happened.

Is anyone going to alcohol shame Virginia? Does she work for a living? I finally realized who her smile and affectation reminds me of...Janis Joplin. I don't know if her friends drink as much as she does but it doesn't seem anyone is willing to address the elephant in the room. Her friends are probably right no one is going to dictate to her how she should act and behave but if I were Eric I don't think I'd grant an extension after the eight weeks if she doesn't stop making alcohol the center of her life. He would just become an enabler.

I vote Brianna and Vincent the couple most likely to succeed. Whatever issues they have they can work it out. 

I didn't watch the segment with Chris and Paige I'm sure he was a selfish jack ass as usual. Paige seems like she enjoys torturing herself. She might be suffering from Munchausen syndrome.

I wonder if Clara and Ryan met outside of the show if they would show any interest in each other?

• Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Devvie said:

She can't even let him wear his watch backwards! 

I forgot about that - I wear my watch "backwards," with the watch face on the underside of my wrist. At least, I did when I wore a watch (my last one broke and I haven't replaced it). I always have. I don't even really know why, it just feels better to me. The way Haley said "I have to ask" as though it was a big sensitive issue bugged me (but to be fair, Haley bugs me in general).

I think Haley needs a basic dude because she's very basic herself.

12 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Is anyone going to alcohol shame Virginia? Does she work for a living?

She does, and she's apparently late to work every day. (The women in the cast have known Virginia for two weeks and they're already like "Virginia is late again, what a shock.") I think she's young enough that people write her off as just partying. Plus she doesn't seem to be messing up her life - she's got a job, friends, a place, no criminal record (I assume). The fact that she does shots at home alone is troubling, though. I won't diagnose her as an alcoholic but she has a relationship with alcohol that I would not be comfortable with. It doesn't sound like she socializes at all, ever, without getting drunk - not drinking, but getting drunk.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ha Ha that was delicious! Chris is batshit crazy. Dude needs therapy. Deep, intensive therapy. 

In order for therapy, especially deep, intensive therapy, to have any hope of succeeding the person seeking it has to believe he has a problem that needs professional attention to manage and, hopefully, overcome.

In Chris' case, his personality disorder (not diagnosing, simply referencing many people remarking on his "grandiosity" and "narcissism") prevents him from having any insight and/or consciousness of his difficulties dealing with other people so he apparently does not think he HAS A PROBLEM!  He thinks everybody ELSE has the problem dealing with him.

Until and unless his self awareness changes drastically he will never seek mental health treatment and/or succeed in any functional relationship.  It really boils down to that fact.

Also, I seriously question Chris' financial situation (Gucci loafers and all the other trappings of "status" he parades out for the world to see) and also question his professional reputation.  Nuf' said.....

• Love 11
14 hours ago, After7Only said:

I see Paige so differently than a lot of people.  She went into that meeting with Chris and  Mercedes on a mission to blow his spot up.   The calm demeanor and smiling was because she was being very deliberate to let Mercedes know exactly what Chris had done and said while letting her know she wasn’t bothered by her at all.  Chris was hoping for drama and for the ladies to fight over him.   Kudos to both for not giving him the satisfaction.   

If you listen to Paige on all of her unfiltered appearances it’s pretty obvious she’s been done with  Chris even though she is edited differently on the show.

100% agree she had strong passive aggressive energy lol

• Love 7

Chris kept saying Paige was disrespectful again last night. He really needs to learn the definition of that word...again. Nothing she said was disrespectful. Maybe a little passive aggressive, but he is the king of disrespectful so he doesn't get to be all butt hurt about her attitude. Pure intentions my ass...

Have we discussed the timing of this pregnancy? When people talk about how many weeks pregnant they are, it is measured from the date of a woman's last period. So if she is 6 weeks pregnant, that was the date of her last period, not necessarily the date they had sex. He was defninitely getting with her less than 6 weeks ago. Ass. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

So Haley and Jake sit down on the couch and she's trying to have a conversation and ask him questions and at least feign interest, and he's talking about....axe throwing.  😨

He might very well be a nice guy, but the dude is totally lost in his own mind and has little social skills.  He looks like he smells like onions and gawd knows what else, and probably reeks of it when he's having sex, which is why I said Haley look traumatized.  Not that he forced her or anything like that.   He just gives off a totally creepy vibe and discussing axe throwing didn't help matters. 

I don't think she thinks she's better than him; she just wants this to be over.  I hope she can find a better mate out there somewhere.  And maybe Jake can find an onion smelling woman in love with the 80's who likes to work out and likes axe throwing, and I'd wish them the best of luck.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

And maybe Jake can find an onion smelling woman in love with the 80's who likes to work out and likes axe throwing, and I'd wish them the best of luck.  

This made me giggle out loud. "Onion smelling woman" hahahahaha

That's all I got this week, all these people suck so much.

ETA: Wait, I thought of something...did I hear Clara say something like, I'm not used to doing some sex acts but not others? WTF does that mean? Like they are doing  everything BUT PIV? Or that she's doing stuff like BJs and he isn't? He seems like a real dud, honestly.

Edited by glitterpussy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jake doesn't try to meet Haley half way in an actual give and take conversation.

He wants to give clever conversation stopper answers than float like lead balloons.

He doesn't want to listen and answer.... he's swinging for the fences with answers that are just irritating, he thinks it is because he's so smart... but he makes people backpedal away from him and he blames others for him standing alone at social gatherings.

He's repelled people who actually converse.

He comes up with the weirdest shit because he's WILLFULLY OBTUSE.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 4
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I forgot about that - I wear my watch "backwards," with the watch face on the underside of my wrist. At least, I did when I wore a watch (my last one broke and I haven't replaced it). I always have. I don't even really know why, it just feels better to me. The way Haley said "I have to ask" as though it was a big sensitive issue bugged me (but to be fair, Haley bugs me in general).

I think Haley needs a basic dude because she's very basic herself.

She does, and she's apparently late to work every day. (The women in the cast have known Virginia for two weeks and they're already like "Virginia is late again, what a shock.") I think she's young enough that people write her off as just partying. Plus she doesn't seem to be messing up her life - she's got a job, friends, a place, no criminal record (I assume). The fact that she does shots at home alone is troubling, though. I won't diagnose her as an alcoholic but she has a relationship with alcohol that I would not be comfortable with. It doesn't sound like she socializes at all, ever, without getting drunk - not drinking, but getting drunk.

She doesn't even say I fell asleep she seems almost proud of the fact she passes out. If she is literally passing out she could find herself drowning in her vomit.

• Love 4

The most outstanding part of the episode, for me, was that Virginia's dog, Rocky, totally responded to being with Eric for a few days and not only clamed down, but improved his behaviors.  I think that dogs have a good understanding of humans and in many cases take on their characteristics.  We saw how hyper and anxious Rocky was when we first met him and the change in only 4 days was amazing!  I also think Rocky responded to having someone around him rather than being abandoned for overnight crashings at other people's couches as Virginia is claiming is a part of her life.  If Eric and Virginia divorce, I hope Eric gets Rocky in the settlement...

All of the friends had good insights-Eric's friend told him to stop "coaching." The others had valid points that reflected how well they knew their friends.  The marrieds all seem surprised that their relationships are not "perfect" which is laughable as they all indicated that they could not find spouses on their own, hence being on this show.

I loved watching Chris' facial expressions as absolutely nobody bought into what he was selling (how did he get that Subway franchise?).  He dismissed his two closest friends when they did not support him and his horrible decisions (and one of them was his pastor!).  And he couldn't get away fast enough from the meeting with Paige and his ex/current fiance.  I was really dismayed when Paige agreed to the meeting, but she had an agenda so I get it.  Very telling that Chris told her that he thought it would be "cool."  For him.  Because he thought there would be competition for him.  I enjoyed the way Paige passively-aggressively got every thing out that she wanted to say.  It was news to the ex that they had sex.  Interesting that both women commented on the fact that Chris stomps out when things are not going his way.  Hopefully this will be the end and Paige will move on even though they will both have to make appearances throughout the rest of the season.

Oh, and Virginia reminds me of Lola from Barry Manilow's Copacabana-as Lola aged and continued to be (alone) at the bar.  There is still time and opportunity for Virginia to stop the excessive drinking, but she will have to want to do so-no way would she even consider it when others speak to her.  So, her girlfriends (none of whom were at the house warming) will no longer let her pressure them into more than 3 shots.  Very interesting when at the meet-ups all of the men mentioned that their wives drink more than do they.  Also, Clara and Virginia?  Not cute to try to pressure your spouses (or anyone really) to drink beyond what they want to do, and that includes jello shots and regular shots.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, Racj82 said:

No I'm saying I think his Ex is more attractive. I don't think Paige is ugly. But, I can also see why, in the mind Chris thinking Paige is not on the level of his Ex. Just talking physically. As a person all around I don't know. I don't know the ex like that. Honestly, I don't feel like I know Paige that much. Her whole marriage has been about Chris drama. Not really about her.

ETA personal anecdote. I was watching the episode with a group of people at work during break time. One guy would not stop talking about how unattractive he thought Paige was. Then he saw the Ex was like damn, he went from that to that. I see why he wasn't attracted to Paige. Everyone else agreed with the guy. Men and Women. One guy said Paige looked better. But, after a few minutes, he was no you guys are right. The ex does look better. It made us all laugh.

They're the same level of attractiveness. Paige has more afrocentric features but that does not make her less attractive than the baby mama. That's just social conditioning to make that consideration. Chris clearly has multiple issues to work out for himself; that's just one for him to add to his list. 

I hope next week is last we see of him. He does so many outrageous and disrespectful things and no one's really calling him out on it in the way he needs to be.

Edited by Myrtle Urkele
  • Love 10

Watching Paige last night, I had a thought that I'd love to see her strap Chris in a chair so he can't move and make him listen to that whispery, agonizingly torturous voice of hers, for hours on end.  She'd take breaks, come back, whisper, take breaks, come back.....

He's strapped in the chair, screaming in agony but he can't even cover his ears.  Yeah....😈

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

jello shots and regular shots.

Jello shots are such a focus for some of these women, ick.  It is like Robitussin in jello for me besides being a bit too juvenile why are they hyper focused on jello shots?  

Did Erik say he would like to be in touch with Virginia every hour or so when they are apart? OMG, really?  He indicated that he wanted to know what she was doing, like she was heading out to a friends house then if she left her friends house and arrived elsewhere, etc...Virginia still looks dirty, she is young and can wear cute things, she needs a fashion make over.

Paige is much nicer than I would have been, she got her point across but it was painfully slow.  Mercedes telling Paige she had no ill will against her?  Why would she?  Mercedes did not look pregnant and she was winging it when asked how far along she was. I am not sure why Paige is giving that loser anymore of her time, she has nothing to gain, there is no "there," there so why would she feel anything but relief to be rid of Chris.

Brianna will be walking on eggshells for the rest of her married life. 

Clara has not seen Ryan without a shirt on? He won't even let her see him after a shower with a towel around his waist?  Is he a Never Nude like Gob from Arrested Developement? LOL.  I feel bad for Clara but the more she is pushing it as in sex and the L word the more Ryan will with hold those things, he wants to take the lead but she keeps pushing. With a little ortho work she could change the shape of her lower jaw and give her a more flattering jaw line and probably help with her constant chewing.  

Watching Jake and Hayley together have all the chemistry of a Hallmark movie, so much so it is palpable.  I noticed Jake ofter has his hand infront of his face when he speaks, not sure what to say about it other than I have noticed it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

So Haley and Jake sit down on the couch and she's trying to have a conversation and ask him questions and at least feign interest, and he's talking about....axe throwing.  😨

He might very well be a nice guy, but the dude is totally lost in his own mind and has little social skills.  He looks like he smells like onions and gawd knows what else, and probably reeks of it when he's having sex, which is why I said Haley look traumatized.  Not that he forced her or anything like that.   He just gives off a totally creepy vibe and discussing axe throwing didn't help matters. 

I don't think she thinks she's better than him; she just wants this to be over.  I hope she can find a better mate out there somewhere.  And maybe Jake can find an onion smelling woman in love with the 80's who likes to work out and likes axe throwing, and I'd wish them the best of luck.  

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Jake doesn't try to meet Haley half way in an actual give and take conversation.

He wants to give clever conversation stopper answers than float like lead balloons.

He doesn't want to listen and answer.... he's swinging for the fences with answers that are just irritating, he thinks it is because he's so smart... but he makes people backpedal away from him and he blames others for him standing alone at social gatherings.

You two are right.  Brilliant observations.  

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jello shots are such a focus for some of these women, ick. 

Clara has not seen Ryan without a shirt on? He won't even let her see him after a shower with a towel around his waist?  Is he a Never Nude like Gob from Arrested Developement? LOL.  I feel bad for Clara but the more she is pushing it as in sex and the L word the more Ryan will with hold those things, he wants to take the lead but she keeps pushing. With a little ortho work she could change the shape of her lower jaw and give her a more flattering jaw line and probably help with her constant chewing.  

Ginny

Strong Jello shots get you drunk faster and less trips to the toilet to pee since the volume of fluid is less than mixed drinks/beer/wine/etc.

The jello flavoring makes grain alcohol or white lighting booze, the 190 proof stuff like Everclear which is not to be consumed straight go down the right pipe because it tastes like battery acid so I’ve heard.....

Clara

Girl is so hot for her hubby than he dresses with a locked bathroom door so she won't enter and accost him.

She needs an operation called a Leforte (1,2,3) they break the jaw to realign her jaws  so the Trans Mandibular Joint is smoothly working instead of catching and realigning which happens so often she looks like she's chewing a cud...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Axe throwing is actually a fun indoor activity that a lot of people do now. Couples, friends, etc. It's not creepy, it's a just activity 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Until and unless his self awareness changes drastically he will never seek mental health treatment and/or succeed in any functional relationship.  It really boils down to that fact.

I agree and I have heard that many psychiatric practices limit the number if truly narcissists they will work with because they suck the life out of the therapist and are so difficult to see any progress. That would be straight up narcissist, and not taking into account anything like bi-polar disorder. 

Clara keeps saying that they have been getting closer in some levels of intimacy, but since she hasn't seen him without a shirt, I am not sure how intimate they have been. Maybe he has some horrible scar that he is self-conscious about? I don't want to go back and rewatch anything, but didn't they have any scenes at the pool on their honeymoon?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Myrtle Urkele said:

They're the same level of attractiveness. Paige has more afrocentric features but that does not make her less attractive than the baby mama. That's just social conditioning to make that consideration. Chris clearly has multiple issues to work out for himself; that's just one for him to add to his list. 

I hope next week is last we see of him. He does so many outrageous and disrespectful things and no one's really calling him out on it in the way he needs to be.

Nope it's just people have opinions. I happen to feel differently than you. Doesn't say anything about me. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Unless Haley says she was in some way traumatized by having sex with Jake, I don't believe it and that is saying Jake is harming her in some way which isn't fair. Having sex which is not fulfilling is not trauma for heaven's sake! I think she regrets having sex with him because she thinks she is better than him. Her friends suggested she is usually alone which means she thinks no is good enough for her. I have a good friend that is now over 50 and is still hoping to find someone she thinks "deserves her". She is a great person but has passed  by so many nice, good looking men because all she could see were flaws. I do think Jake is quirky and not to everyone tastes, but Haley isn't giving him a chance.

I like both Clara and Ryan but he seems way too intense and serious for a 29 year old. I hope they can work things out. Virginia always looks wasted and although I don't really like Erik, I just don't see him putting up with her constant drinking. How could they ever have a family? The experts really needed to place someone closer to his age with him. Vincent and Brianna will be fine, they just have to get used to each other,

I don't understand the whole Chris and Paige thing. What was his purpose in getting them together? I do think the women handled the meeting with class, while Chris was upset because he wanted some kind of cat fight over him.  

Right.  Can I say also, what is so great about the other guys? Everyone talks about Jake he’s this n that.  The rest are no bargains either.  I wonder if Haley had to pick on of the others for a partner.  Who would it be?  I’m guessing none of them.  They all are nothing to rave about.  Neither is she. Although she thinks so.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Racj82 said:

Axe throwing is actually a fun indoor activity that a lot of people do now. Couples, friends, etc. It's not creepy, it's a just activity 

Yeah, oops!  It slipped out my hand, I threw it backwards and hit somebody.  Fine if somebody likes the activity, but I'm not down with it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, oops!  It slipped out my hand, I threw it backwards and hit somebody.  Fine if somebody likes the activity, but I'm not down with it.

Well that's what Haley brought up. She's knows the activity. She's just worried about something like that happening.

• Love 1
Just now, Racj82 said:

Well that's what Haley brought up. She's knows the activity. She's just worried about something like that happening.

Well that's why I mentioned it, because she brought it up and she was worried about something like that happening.  She has every right to worry.  I know I would.  

So we can agree to disagree about the love of axe throwing. 🙄

• Love 2

Taking Chris' repulsiveness out of the situation - I do not respect either "pastor" who tells him that he should choose the woman he met a week ago and married to be on tv over his pregnant ex.  They should be encouraging reconciliation there, if possible.

If I were on this show and my new spouse and I were told to each invite 2 friends to a housewarming party, I would not invite 2 guys and would find it odd if he invited 2 women.  Virginia really, really shouldn't be married.

Mr. P and I went to an axe-throwing party last weekend - it was fun!  And much less dangerous than it sounds 😄 

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

No comments on Chris and Paige because I am now just fast forwarding through them. Enough already. And f$ck this show for this.

I think Ryan is holding back because he knows they have some major fundamental differences and he hasn’t decided if he can live with it. But screw Clara for judging a GROWN MAN for declining the peer pressure to do a stupid Jell-O shot. I mean, seriously, how old is she? Fifteen??? She hit the jackpot with Ryan bc it seems like she’s kissed a lot of toads. Not sure she can do better for herself. They are kind of opposites though - she’s a party girl and he’s a serious person. I hope she gives him a chance and a haircut.

Haley is a big nothing to me. She just sit there and nods and smiles. There is nothing there - just glazed over eyes and red matte lipstick. Jake might be a little odd but he seems comfortable in his own skin and friendly with everyone. He might have been perfect for someone else, but not this ice queen. She is my second least favorite this season after the POS at the top of my post.

What a bunch of nothing with Vinny and Bri - he didn’t even leave! Good one, show - ya got me! 

Erick is correct to question why VA wanted to get married. She doesn’t seem like she really wants to be married. She is an alcoholic. Someone needs to ask this chick why she needs to drink ALL.THE.TIME. Erick needs to run. Even if they say yes on decision day I will be shocked if they last a year.

All the friends tonight were on fire. My favs were Vincent’s friend and Haley’s friend. More wisdom from those two people in five minutes of screen time than the experts combined all season. 

Yes! Ryan needs "a chance and a haircut"! 😄 And Clara the Flight Attendant needs to cool her Lockheed-Martin jets and remember where her prior behavior got her.  

Haley's "red matte lipstick" does her thin lips no favor. Gotta have something to show off when you wear a neon light. Heh. 

Virginia doesn't want a husband. She wants a reliable drinking buddy and a reliable place to sleep off a night out. "The only time she's satisfied/ Is when she's on a drunk." (Apologies to The Animals)

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Ginny

Strong Jello shots get you drunk faster and less trips to the toilet to pee since the volume of fluid is less than mixed drinks/beer/wine/etc.

The jello flavoring makes grain alcohol or white lighting booze, the 190 proof stuff like Everclear which is not to be consumed straight go down the right pipe because it tastes like battery acid so I’ve heard.....

Clara

Girl is so hot for her hubby than he dresses with a locked bathroom door so she won't enter and accost him.

She needs an operation called a Leforte (1,2,3) they break the jaw to realign her jaws  so the Trans Mandibular Joint is smoothly working instead of catching and realigning which happens so often she looks like she's chewing a cud...

I cannot be mad at you for knowing all about the mechanics of  jello shot booze, cause and effect, lol.

Your info about the dental surgery was informative, I'll just chew on that for a while, tee hee.  Seriously, she should have her jaw looked, it could lead to other health problems later in life.

3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Erika doesn't want a husband. She wants a reliable drinking buddy and a reliable place to sleep off a night out. 

Virginia wants a Erik to drink so he does not notice her drinking.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I cannot be mad at you for knowing all about the mechanics of  jello shot booze, cause and effect, lol.

Your info about the dental surgery was informative, I'll just chew on that for a while, tee hee.  Seriously, she should have her jaw looked, it could lead to other health problems later in life.

Virginia wants a Erik to drink so he does not notice her drinking.

Sorry about my name error! Edited it above! 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Haley's "red matte lipstick" does her thin lips no favor. Gotta have something to show off when you wear a neon light. Heh. 

HA HA HA! File that under cold day in hell. I don't think that gal would dislodge the stick from her ass to participate in eighties attire even for fun.....

There has been a lot of discussion about how attractive Paige is, but honestly, I don't think Haley is pretty at all. Or it might just be her lack of personality is making her look worse to me? She is ok looking and you are correct that the lipstick is ghastly - it just makes her lips look smaller and thinner.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'd say Haley is average-looking, and I agree that lipstick color didn't do her lips any favors.

Also, I'm beginning to think that Ryan just isn't attracted to Clara.  

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Chris and Paige will have sex every week until the end of this farce of a show.

I hope that's true, and it's not the every day that I'm actually fearing. 

16 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

If Haley's issue is really about the bad one night sex, I totally get it. Back when I was single about 1,000 years ago I dated some really great looking guys that turned out to be sooooooo bad in bed. Total turn off. We will never really know if that is the crux of her problem, though. 

And if that is the problem, I hope you're right.  It could be that she's trying not to be cruel and advertise on national teevee that she thinks he's bad in bed, and didn't think to name something else that she claims turns her off.  It might drive the viewers crazy, but it would definitely be the high ground.

15 hours ago, qtpye said:

There had been much debate about Jake’s attractiveness. I noticed that now that his hair is growing back, he is a pretty decent looking guy. He is a good height and his bodybuilding physique does not hurt. I really think he chose the worst possible haircut for his facial features right before the wedding. He might have actually looked better with a shaved head.

I think it takes a certain type of head and features for white guys to pull off a shaved head, and I don't think Jake has them. 

6 hours ago, Soup333 said:

She even related the story back to Clara later and she was crying over it. Erik's control issues are his issues and have nothing to do with Virginia. It's being excused because she seems to have a problem with alcohol and his control is masking itself as concern for her wellbeing but if he was with any other woman there would be an issue. 

What got me was when he and his friend were talking, they couched it in terms of Virginia checking with Erik about her plans and seeing if it was okay.  I didn't like the "if it's okay"--it sounded more on the "permission" side than the "notifying" side.

3 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Also, I seriously question Chris' financial situation (Gucci loafers and all the other trappings of "status" he parades out for the world to see)

The man can't even afford a pair of socks!

2 hours ago, glitterpussy said:

ETA: Wait, I thought of something...did I hear Clara say something like, I'm not used to doing some sex acts but not others? WTF does that mean? Like they are doing  everything BUT PIV? Or that she's doing stuff like BJs and he isn't?

AND that he insists on keeping his shirt on during the BJ?  I'm really wanting to get to the bottom of this.

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Also, Clara and Virginia?  Not cute to try to pressure your spouses (or anyone really) to drink beyond what they want to do, and that includes jello shots and regular shots.

Was it Brianna or Clara who was going to one of the housewarmings as a pinch hitter, and was having a beer before she went?  I bristled that her husband declined her offer of one, and then she said she didn't want to drink alone.  I hate that.  If drinking alone really bothers you that much, become friends with Virginia.  But if someone, anyone, says they don't want a drink right then, don't wheedle them into taking one. 

(But I hate even more that I can't remember which one it was, so I know who to be mad at.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Just read in my local newspaper that such a venue will soon open in my area. Talk about trusting strangers!

From I've seen (I haven't had a chance to do it yet) you are supposed to have time with an instructor, not be around the person while throwing, handle with two hands so you have a real grip on it etc. It just looks like fun to me. 

But, hey, they also have plastic and velcro models you can do at home as well.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Clara keeps saying that they have been getting closer in some levels of intimacy, but since she hasn't seen him without a shirt, 

Clara is in reality complaining that she hasn’t had seen him pantless...shirtless is just the gateway to nakedness and to her getting her razortip fingernails below his Mason Dixon line...if you get my drift.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Was it Brianna or Clara who was going to one of the housewarmings as a pinch hitter, and was having a beer before she went?  I bristled that her husband declined her offer of one, and then she said she didn't want to drink alone.  I hate that.  If drinking alone really bothers you that much, become friends with Virginia.  But if someone, anyone, says they don't want a drink right then, don't wheedle them into taking one. 

It was Brianna.

I lost 100 lbs 15 years ago and have kept it off.  One of the BIGGEST "tricks" I was taught regarding being coerced and/or "pressured" to eat certain foods that were, in effect, going to "kill me" (literally and/or figurately) was to use a "medical excuse."

When the pressuring began:  "Grandma spent all day baking these cookies.  She'll be very insulted if you don't try ONE!" I usually gave in ("go along to get along") until I was taught that others DID NOT CARE about my situation and/or challenges.  They simply want "company" to indulge in whatever substance (in my case, unhealthy foods) they are using for their own pleasure and/or habit.

Therefore, I was "coached" to ALWAYS USE A MEDICAL EXCUSE whenever a situation like that occurred (now it's worse because I'm thin so it's harder to explain my refusal) ; however I said and still say in the most serious tone: "Sorry, I can't touch (whatever they were promoting) because I'm allergic and don't want to suffer a medical emergency and ruin everybody's good time!"  The prodding and "pressuring" always ended there.  There was usually hushed silence and immediate understanding on that basis.  

If a person needs "company" to partake in certain practices or behaviors, it's a sign (to me) that they don't really feel comfortable doing it alone because somewhere deep down they know it's not congruent with their ethical/moral code and it's easier to accept it if others are doing it too.

Brianna may be in that category. However, her life (as far as we've seen so far) is not defined by her alcohol use. 

VA, on the other hand, is in an ENTIRELY different category regarding her alcohol abuse and, again, IMO, if she doesn't get intensive professional help to reverse the course she's on, I see only tragedy ahead for her (and her family members).

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And if that is the problem, I hope you're right.  It could be that she's trying not to be cruel and advertise on national teevee that she thinks he's bad in bed, and didn't think to name something else that she claims turns her off.  It might drive the viewers crazy, but it would definitely be the high ground.

Being they are not in love, I’m assuming there was no kissing.  So,I guess it was a quickie, which leads to plain ole sex, which probably lasted about three minutes or less.  What the hell do I know anyhow, since I’ve only had one man.  Dammit.  Maybe it was her that was blah.  I’m not bragging either, just mad at myself for missing the fun of it all.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

(But I hate even more that I can't remember which one it was, so I know who to be mad at.)

It was Haley.  She said, "are you going to make me drink by myself?" and apparently Jake gave in and they both sat on the couch and talked awkwardly for a while.  

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 3/4/2021 at 3:21 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Was it Brianna or Clara who was going to one of the housewarmings as a pinch hitter, and was having a beer before she went?  I bristled that her husband declined her offer of one, and then she said she didn't want to drink alone. 

Clara's friends weren't able to attend the housewarming so she asked Bri and Haley to stop by. Haley wanted Jake to have a beer with her before the housewarming. She didn't want to drink alone. When the guys met up, they mentioned that Bri doesn't drink a lot. Erik and one of the other guys mentioned that their wives drink more than them. 

On 3/3/2021 at 10:26 PM, Airy2021 said:

There is zero empathy or thought as to how his staying with her would ultimately effect her in the long run. 

They were men who theoretically want what's best for Chris.  They know whatever they know about Chris' relationship with Mercedes. They also seem like the type of guys who would think in terms of what the woman can offer a man. It would have been interesting to see the men in Paige's life advising her. Or talking to Chris.

On 3/4/2021 at 8:42 AM, Racj82 said:

There are a lot of women that go years without an orgasm. Even with steady partners. That's why I made my statement. I don't see holding it against a guy.

Plenty of women experience regular orgasms with their partners, too. If Haley doesn't like Jake and didn't enjoy being with him, it's probably a good thing that she stopped sleeping with him.

On 3/4/2021 at 12:51 PM, Myrtle Urkele said:

That's just social conditioning to make that consideration.

Attractiveness is socially conditioned. Paige would do better to partner with a man who appreciates her type of beauty. 

Edited by Rae Spellman
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Just read in my local newspaper that such a venue will soon open in my area. Talk about trusting strangers!

There’s one a few blocks from me. Been there a few years. I’ve never done it.

51 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Being they are not in love, I’m assuming there was no kissing.

People kiss when they’re not in love.

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I'd say Haley is average-looking

Agreed. As I’ve said, I forgot about her entirely for the first few episodes. There’s nothing distinctive about her, in looks or personality. Jake may not be everyone’s cup of tea but at least he’s interesting - he has distinctive features, hobbies, interests. There’s not much there there with Haley, for me.

• Love 8
(edited)

Anyone know why Clara had to invite Brianna and Haley to be her "friends" for the house warming?  It was very interesting to me-especially as she talks about all her friends, you know, the ones with whom she does jello shots and tried to get Ryan to do them as well.

I was typing while the answer was given-but why couldn't anyone come?

Edited by seacliffsal
partial answer given while I was typing
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Clara keeps saying that they have been getting closer in some levels of intimacy, but since she hasn't seen him without a shirt, I am not sure how intimate they have been. Maybe he has some horrible scar that he is self-conscious about? I don't want to go back and rewatch anything, but didn't they have any scenes at the pool on their honeymoon?

This is what had me confused, too. Even if the cameras weren’t there, surely they used the pool or hot tub at least once?

1 minute ago, seacliffsal said:

Anyone know why Clara had to invite Brianna and Haley to be her "friends" for the house warming?  It was very interesting to me-especially as she talks about all her friends, you know, the ones with whom she does jello shots and tried to get Ryan to do them as well.

She said her friend couple got sick.  

• Love 1

I looked close at Paige and Mercedes and I don't think one is more pretty than the other. Mercedes has more refined facial features but she isn't as voluptuous as Paige. Out of a hundred guys on looks only it would be close to 50-50.

Did Chris really think Paige wouldn't mention they had sex? I don't know what Chris hoped for out of this meeting its just incredible how he avoids any responsibility for what happened and he can't accept any criticism. In fact he still sees himself as a victim. And then we got to see him 'pull out' again. There have been some really awful men on this show. I'd say men are more often jerks than woman on MAFS. But this guy really takes despicable to a whole new level.

• Sad 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

This exactly. Just when they found something they both enjoy, boating, Jake derails the conversation by asking Haley if she was into, I can't remember exactly, but some kind of racing or something that she obviously wouldn't be interested in. Then he moves on to axe throwing.  It's pretty clear that Haley has no interest in the 80's, a steak-and-egg diet, bodybuilding, or pretty much anything Jake is interested in. Now finally, finally they agree on a common interest and instead of Jake saying, "Hey, let's make a plan to go boating", he derails the conversation in a way that obviously annoyed her. Jake seems to have no ability to read social cues. 

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 13