Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: Face To Face

• Start Topic

Awww. Erik feels hurt by Virginia rejecting his hugs during work hours. Guess his love language is physical touch. Maybe she wants work time to be solo. Again. Simple thing to figure out. She can't seem to establish boundaries & lashes out cuz she can't & is annoyed by his requests.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/4/2021 at 6:21 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

And if that is the problem, I hope you're right.  It could be that she's trying not to be cruel and advertise on national teevee that she thinks he's bad in bed, and didn't think to name something else that she claims turns her off.  It might drive the viewers crazy, but it would definitely be the high ground.

Maybe she was the stiff.  It’s probably hard to have sex with the stick up her ass.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

Maybe Erik should show Virginia the episode of Dateline about a mother being raped & murdered by a guy friend or many similar situations to smarten her up! People are opportunists. Some are evil. You never completely know someone. Add the other dope, Clara. Blindly trusting everyone like it's a safe world. 😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 7
On 3/3/2021 at 5:17 PM, gonecrackers said:

It was said Haley & Jake did have drunk sex, once. I believe he was talking about her behavior on the regular, & how she's not physical at all & he wanted to start with a hug now & then. She's just not into him though, & I think instead of being direct she's dancing around it which is confusing to him, since he's still trying.

He just doesnt know the right approach for her type & is only focused on things on his end & getting his intimacy needs met. I totally get it, except the drunk sex part. Some girls can't show affection with someone she feels no affection for. The connection & attraction isn't growing & she needs that 1st. It'd be fake & uncomfortable to be affectionate with a stranger you're not sure you like. 😅 If only she'd be an adult & say that. 😬

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

Seems she leads with sex. It definitely isn't love. Idk about those types. Seeking emotional connection or love through sex when guys definitely don't work that way. Hmmm. Maybe she builds attraction through sex or it's just a release? I have no idea. Totally can't relate, totally unfamiliar. 😅 My best guess is she isn't always "falling in love," it's more like she's always jumping on d*cks 😅 & Ryan doesn't want her falling in love with his & confusing her & maybe he wants their 1st time to be meaningful, at least. THEY SHOULD FIGURE IT OUT!! MY GOSH!! All this uncertainty is so stupid. They're married, they should come to an understanding.

I don’t get it.  What red blooded guy doesn’t want to have sex with his wife?  After a week?  Maybe because she said she had sex with every color of the rainbow?  Why reveal that in the first place.  She better get tested.  For everything.

• Love 3
On 3/4/2021 at 5:06 PM, Rae Spellman said:

Erik and one of the other guys mentioned that their wives drink more than them. 

🚨SHADY EDITING ALERT!!🚨 They cut from some husbands talking about their wives being drinkers to a closeup of Haley's alcoholic beverage for a little too long. 😂😂

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 3/4/2021 at 3:21 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

But if someone, anyone, says they don't want a drink right then, don't wheedle them into taking one.

On 3/4/2021 at 12:45 PM, seacliffsal said:

Not cute to try to pressure your spouses (or anyone really) to drink beyond what they want to do, and that includes jello shots and regular shots.

YESSS!!! WHAT IS WITH PUSHY, MANIPULATIVE DRINKERS??! Everyone doesn't have to drink to have a good time! Gosh! I'm suspicious of those types. Why don't they respect the answer? I don't deal with those types or I'd ask. I hope they don't do other drugs. 😅

• Love 10
16 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

I love graphic/messsage tees. My friends and family get a kick out of them. I’ve been stopped by strangers to take pictures of my shirts. I wouldn’t be embarrassed at all.

I’m a 48 (in a couple hours) year old woman.

I should have explained that I don't mind fun messages, but Jake's were something like "get a job" and I forget the others, and I didn't see them as positive or fun.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Marriage ain't for punks so they begin with the two punks. 😂 How about Pastor Cal ask applicants how they won't be punks (during the interview process)? Many keep their dating mindset. Interesting to see one do what they usually do (quit) & one really trying in the marriage. I suggest fining violators who quit without really trying!! Also, they should be single for at least 6 months! Gotten therapy... even better! 😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ok. I think I kinda like Paige staying calm, cool, & collected while calling Hypochris out on his bs. She really should've told him about his immature, disgusting, narcissistic self, but eh. I think he'd totally love her freaking out because of him, it'd blow up his ego. That's why I think her remaining unemotional is better. I still wanna see her freak out tho. 😂

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I should have explained that I don't mind fun messages, but Jake's were something like "get a job" and I forget the others, and I didn't see them as positive or fun.  

I’m older and wear Disney t-shirts.  Two shirts on the show were political.  Unnecessary.

• Love 4
On 3/4/2021 at 2:25 AM, Racj82 said:

These dogs are driving me nuts on this show. Everytime I watch these pets jumping over or on any and everything I get a headache just looking at it. I will never ever understand this need for damn near everyone to have a pet. It's all unappealing to me. Which is fine. It's their life. People love their pets like family, etc. I just can't deal though. 

PET-A-PHOBIA?   You can get help.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m older and wear Disney t-shirts.  Two shirts on the show were political.  Unnecessary.

Yeah, I just googled (you can find anything, lol) and one of the shirts says "Nobody Cares  Work Harder."  Actually, it's a shirt inspired by sports guys like Lamar Jackson of the Ravens, but it could be interpreted differently and be off-putting.   

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

YESSS!!! WHAT IS WITH PUSHY, MANIPULATIVE DRINKERS??! Everyone doesn't have to drink to have a good time! Gosh! I'm suspicious of those types. Why don't they respect the answer? I don't deal with those types or I'd ask. I hope they don't do other drugs. 😅

Virginia pushes booze on Erik so he will not notice how much she is drinking, Hayley wants Jake to drink in hopes he will be a different person when drunk and Clara wants Ryan to drink so he will let his guard down and do the deed with her, he may sober up the next morning and ask what happened but you know you cannot unring the nookie bell, lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 3/5/2021 at 12:22 AM, Alexander Pope said:

It was Haley.  Jake had earlier said she drank more than he did.

Yes, it was Haley. Plus, her Father gave her his flask to take a shot when they were about to walk down the aisle.  She probably had a few getting dressed also.  She loves her friends, her going out when she feels like it and loves her drinks.  Any husband would be in her way.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

What Haley needs is a reliable Plus One.

She needs a guy who she can take to functions...funerals, christenings,tail gates, work parties, to be her Plus One at the 3 weddings she is gong to be standing up for in the near future.

If he can dance a decent fox trot, salsa, Chicken Dance, polka, Cotton Eye Joe, 2 step, has good table manners, pleasantly conversant and owns a tux or a black suit plus dress shoes then she would be happier with a good companion than having a full time husband.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

A big plus if he doesn't have keto-breath, which I have decided is her problem with Jake. I am just getting ready to start a keto program and I keep reading about all of these smelly side effects. If Jake really exists on mostly steak and eggs (and onions), he must have terrible breath and other body issues. Plus, we know he has gut/intestinal issues. That would be difficult to tell someone that is the reason you don't want to be together.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

Keto breath, gastrointestinal problems, work out sweat emitted from Jake reminds me of the iconic Roseanne Roseannadanna and a letter from Mr. Richard Feder of Fort Lee, New Jersey...

He writes, “Now I’m depressed, I gained weight, my face broke out, I’m nauseous, I’m constipated, my feet swelled, my gums are bleeding, my sinuses are clogged, I got heartburn, I’m cranky and I have gas. What should I do?”

“Mr. Feder, you sound like a real attractive guy.”, Ms. Roseannadanna said.

Classic...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

She needs a guy who she can take to functions...funerals, christenings,tail gates, work parties, to be her Plus One at the 3 weddings she is gong to be standing up for in the near future.

If he can dance a decent fox trot, salsa, Chicken Dance, polka, Cotton Eye Joe, 2 step, has good table manners, pleasantly conversant and owns a tux or a black suit plus dress shoes then she would be happier with a good companion than having a full time husband.

I had one of those back in the day, I had a big society, wedding of the century to attend and needed a good Plus One, he had his own tux, could dance well, could talk to anyone, didn't get fall down drunk and he is gay, so perfect.  Even the dinner parties were fun to have someone to roll my eyes with, share a little joke, and always impeccably dressed.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 3/4/2021 at 11:01 AM, Coltee Gal said:

Paige is as attractive as Chris’s ex. They have very different features but are on the same level of attractiveness. He’s acting like Paige is ugly. Chris doesn’t like dark skinned girls and equates light skin with attractiveness. That is the real reason why he thinks Paige is not attractive. 

@Coltee Gal I feel what you are saying.

For those who do not understand Paige, I think this video explains it well but says some things that are hard to hear.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

@Coltee Gal I feel what you are saying.

For those who do not understand Paige, I think this video explains it well but says some things that are hard to hear.

My only dispute with the narrator's description of chris is that he is "high value" and makes a lot of $$$$.  From available info about him and my observation and experience, I think Paige is the "high value" partner in this duo.  I believe she is a well compensated professional while chris is a "flash in the pan" entrepreneur whose reputation in the business world and actual income are highly problematic.  I think chris is a big "talker" and may have a lot of debt.  I don't consider him "high value".

• Love 16

Lauren, Haley’s friend at the champagne brunch needed a booster seat to reach the table to eat.
Jalen, Vinnie’s friend told him to stop being a man baby.

Oh Jake honey, you don’t have to worry about Haley falling for you too late...she will never ever like you more than tolerance level.

Seriously, Jake your post coitus behavior caused Haley to back up so fast it affected the Earth’s rotation like Superman flying backwards....

Pigs in a blanket...onion dip...ribs...chicken...beer...Gaviscon, please

Po$ always says to Paige...”my ex fiancé, the mother of my baby” like she needs to be reminded after hearing you say it 20 times, you turd.

Jake’s friends Dan and Karla are so normal compared to Amy Farrah Fowler and Sheldon Cooper and the nerd dudes he broke the news he was cast on MAFS.

Lane and Cole, Ginny’s platonic drinking boy buddies know she is a sloppy mess.
Cole had the task to tell Erik to back off trying to control Gin.  Cole does seem big brotherly.
Traces of Day...Erik’s old band.

Erik’s friends...Brandon and Kyle...looking like Mutt and Jeff in the blue and red matching trucker hats

Kyle the tiny one..he was the extrovert that made introvert Erik go with him places when they were younger 

Clara begging for penetrative sex in front of their friends is pathetic....

Ry Ry is hesitant to toss his hot dog down Clara’s hallway with so many having been there preceding him....

Bri’s baby voice was in over drive...my ears bled.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, TzuShih said:

I’m happy someone else said it.  I love pets, had plenty myself, but don’t want them on the show all over beds, barking at doors, taking poops, etc.  Leave them at home when you’re filming.  This is something new this year maybe to distract us as the show is so lousy.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

You forgot a “ yes man” who has a small nose, and a drinker who keeps up with her, gives good sex, then goes home.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Lindz said:

Did Virginia say she missed Erik? Seems he answered for her. He asked & included what he thought was the answer. That's weird.😅

She really wanted to know where he hid the booze.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 3/6/2021 at 4:11 PM, TzuShih said:

I don't want help. It's not just about fear.

That's another thing that annoys me. I'm not saying you are doing this but animal lovers love to think there is something wrong with you if you don't like animals. It's obnoxious. Animals aren't for everyone. Not everyone wants to be around them. Which gets annoying because people keep bringing animals everywhere now. Leaving their dogs unleashed in their yard with no fence. 

I don't want to be around animals. For a host of different reasons. This show triggers my annoyance more than most at the moment just because it shows just how pet centric this world is now and it's just not for me. Like I said, more power to others. Not for me. Never will be. I would walk away from an amazing woman because of a pet in a split second. Because that woman ultimately would not be for me. You wouldn't have to feel how I feel about animals obviously. I don't need that. If you need a pet then it wasn't meant to be.

It's no different than people who don't want children or many other things people don't want in their lives. 

It's not something I would ever change my mind on. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I don't want help. It's not just about fear.

That's another thing that annoys me. I'm not saying you are doing this but animals lover love to think there is something wrong with you if you don't like animals. It's obnoxious. Animals aren't for everyone. Not everyone wants to be around them. Which gets annoying because people keep bringing animals everywhere now. Leaving their dogs unleashed in their yard with no fence. 

I don't want to be around animals. For a host of different reasons. This show triggers my annoyance more than most at the moment just because it shows just how pet centric this world is now and it's just not for me. Like I said, more power to others. Not for me. Never will be. I would walk away from an amazing woman because of a pet in a split second. Because that woman ultimately would not be for me. You wouldn't have to feel how I feel about animals obviously. I don't need that. If you need a pet then it wasn't meant to be.

It's no different than people who don't want children or many other things people don't want in their lives. 

It's not something I would ever change my mind on. 

+1000!!!

I feel the exact same way.

I grew up with a dog, and I get how sweet and fun and cute they can be, but as an adult, I also get how smelly and noisy they are, not to mention all the pet hair all over the place.  Every time I leave a home with a dog, I find dog hairs the next day.

Every person I know has a pet.  Every. Single. Person.  Most have more than one.  

And I constantly get asked not "if" I'm getting a dog, but "when".  Or the most annoying...."Why".  I used to travel for work, so I had that built-in excuse.  But this past pandemic year has left me longing for a better response.  I. Simply. Do. Not. Want. One.

"But you're home all the time now.  Why???"

I'm annoyed at restaurants now, where pets are always around.  

I flew & had paid extra for early bird seating, as I had a foot surgery boot.  The husband & wife next to me did the same thing, as he was recovering from hip surgery and had a cane. But the plane could not take off until one of us moved, to accommodate the person with the emotional pet situation, as that person said they "must" sit in bulkhead.  The pilot even came out.  The woman & man were furious.  Someone on the other side of the aisle finally agreed to lose their bulkhead, window seat for a middle seat in the back of the plane to accommodate a dog that not only wouldn't stop barking the entire flight, but actually lunged at a passenger.

I have two friends whose dogs have lunged at people, one causing a little girl 12 stitches.  These were the "sweetest dogs", until they weren't.  No, not pit bulls, just "sweet small dogs" who, unprovoked, attacked people.  There was a famous story of a woman in France who accidentally stepped on her Black Lab one night, and the dog literally bit her entire face off.  She had to have a face transplant.  

My neighbor's dachshund almost bit my face recently when I went down to pet it.  Neighbor grabbed the dog, a la Jake grabbing his dog, and said, "Oh I forgot to tell you.  My dog doesn't like new people".  Mmkay, thanks.

I'm not scared of dogs.  I like dogs.  I just don't want one.

The insistence, on this show, of getting people's dogs together, showing all the pet stuff, where a dog like Jake's almost viciously attacked Haley's dog, is prevalent.

• Love 11
On 3/5/2021 at 5:04 PM, gonecrackers said:

Didn't he say he had a pink thong?  The thought of that alone would have sent me screaming in terror. 😱

I think he said he was at spring break or something down in Florida and did it on a dare after his brother and friends dared him to wear it.  He can’t be too shy to wear it .. right?  He’s a jokester, not a crazy introvert like everyone thinks.  He has a sense of humor, unlike Miss Tish who acts so proper and Lady like.  Furthermore, haha, if he has bad breath, he could change his diet and get some Listerine and gargle away, and stop eating onions and whatever.  She probably just doesn’t like him for no reason.  They should of put her with Chris.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

+1000!!!

I feel the exact same way.

I grew up with a dog, and I get how sweet and fun and cute they can be, but as an adult, I also get how smelly and noisy they are, not to mention all the pet hair all over the place.  Every time I leave a home with a dog, I find dog hairs the next day.

Every person I know has a pet.  Every. Single. Person.  Most have more than one.  

And I constantly get asked not "if" I'm getting a dog, but "when".  Or the most annoying...."Why".  I used to travel for work, so I had that built-in excuse.  But this past pandemic year has left me longing for a better response.  I. Simply. Do. Not. Want. One.

"But you're home all the time now.  Why???"

I'm annoyed at restaurants now, where pets are always around.  

I flew & had paid extra for early bird seating, as I had a foot surgery boot.  The husband & wife next to me did the same thing, as he was recovering from hip surgery and had a cane. But the plane could not take off until one of us moved, to accommodate the person with the emotional pet situation, as that person said they "must" sit in bulkhead.  The pilot even came out.  The woman & man were furious.  Someone on the other side of the aisle finally agreed to lose their bulkhead, window seat for a middle seat in the back of the plane to accommodate a dog that not only wouldn't stop barking the entire flight, but actually lunged at a passenger.

I have two friends whose dogs have lunged at people, one causing a little girl 12 stitches.  These were the "sweetest dogs", until they weren't.  No, not pit bulls, just "sweet small dogs" who, unprovoked, attacked people.  There was a famous story of a woman in France who accidentally stepped on her Black Lab one night, and the dog literally bit her entire face off.  She had to have a face transplant.  

My neighbor's dachshund almost bit my face recently when I went down to pet it.  Neighbor grabbed the dog, a la Jake grabbing his dog, and said, "Oh I forgot to tell you.  My dog doesn't like new people".  Mmkay, thanks.

I'm not scared of dogs.  I like dogs.  I just don't want one.

The insistence, on this show, of getting people's dogs together, showing all the pet stuff, where a dog like Jake's almost viciously attacked Haley's dog, is prevalent.

I get you, but most people don’t.  I rescued a cat from Beth Sterns N.Shore animal league.  The cat would not let anyone near me.  Jealous.  One a neighbor came up my walk with her dog.  The cat went crazy and climbed all the way up the screen door hissing and spitting ready to attack.  What if that were one of my nieces and nephews, or anyone for that matter? I love pets, had pets, but on this show, too much already.  I’m really surprised Haley let Jake in her apartment with those three dogs of his.  Actually, that could be the very reason she won’t go forward with him.  His dogs.  And his nose.  And his breath.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I get you, but most people don’t.  I rescued a cat from Beth Sterns N.Shore animal league.  The cat would not let anyone near me.  Jealous.  One a neighbor came up my walk with her dog.  The cat went crazy and climbed all the way up the screen door hissing and spitting ready to attack.  What if that were one of my nieces and nephews, or anyone for that matter? I love pets, had pets, but on this show, too much already.  I’m really surprised Haley let Jake in her apartment with those three dogs of his.  Actually, that could be the very reason she won’t go forward with him.  His dogs.  And his nose.  And his breath.

Hey hey hey. It could be about his personality too!

But, yes, there are so many reasons to not like pets but animal lovers will never truly get it.

I used to feel that way about people who hate kids. Never wants kids but also never want to be around them. I used be like, "They are kids!" Kids just aren't for everyone. Kids aren't something that everyone wants to deal with. They are a bothersome to them.

I have a friend now that has two pitbulls in a apartment. He got them as babies. But, they were expensive. He did not want them. He has to pay extra for them on rent. They are constantly barking or bothering him when they are let out of their cage. They are expensive. But, he has them because his girlfriend wanted them. He does not hate animals but he only believes in pets for protection not treating them like family. None of that sounds appealing to me so I don't want it.

To get back into the show proper, I still don't bag on Erik as much as others do.

I think his wording is off too often but the reasoning isn't. Not totally. Once you are married or in a serious relationship, you don't get to just live your life like a single person. This is what Virginia wants. She has HER plans living HER life and it's not just about her. Someone else's feelings are a part of your life now. You will have someone that's wants to know where you are. When you will be home. It's not just about being a controlling parent. That person might be worried about your safety in general. Are you okay? You can walk the down street and never make it back and that's just reality. So, saying it's an overreaction to want someone to check in with you and let them know your status is silly. Checking in constantly is. I agree with that. Just not the overall sentiment. Also, your plans dictate my plans. Oh you are doing this? Cool, I can do this. Or I can't make these plans. If I have plans with you, maybe I don't want to just discard them because you wanted to get wasted with your friends. These are things spouses should be considering and Virginia refuses to.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 3/7/2021 at 9:33 AM, Silver Bells said:

I think he said he was at spring break or something down in Florida and did it on a dare after his brother and friends dared him to wear it.  He can’t be too shy to wear it .. right?  He’s a jokester, not a crazy introvert like everyone thinks.  He has a sense of humor, unlike Miss Tish who acts so proper and Lady like.  Furthermore, haha, if he has bad breath, he could change his diet and get some Listerine and gargle away, and stop eating onions and whatever.  She probably just doesn’t like him for no reason.  They should of put her with Chris.  

Not sure why your post quoted me.  I wouldn't "scream in terror";probably just side glance.😏  Anyway I had responded the thong thing was a story of some sort but thanks for clarifying. 🙂

I've enjoyed seeing the pets on the show, but have posted I don't like them matching pet people as then there's even more that can go wrong. As someone else said all the moving, new people & filming is stressful for them too.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Yes, it was Haley. Plus, her Father gave her his flask to take a shot when they were about to walk down the aisle. 

So she wheedled her husband to have a beer because she didn't want to pre-drink for the housewarming party alone, and has a father who carries a flask with him to his daughter's (admittedly weird) wedding.  She may be interesting after all, but maybe not in a good way.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

So she wheedled her husband to have a beer because she didn't want to pre-drink for the housewarming party alone, and has a father who carries a flask with him to his daughter's (admittedly weird) wedding.  She may be interesting after all, but maybe not in a good way.

I think a lot of people just feel self conscious about drinking alone in group settings. A lot of people don't like drinking alone. Or they want a partner in crime with the activity. I would never pressure anyone though. That's where things get weird. It's a form of unecessary peer pressure. Do you and don't worry about anyone else. 

Do the Virginia method basically.

• LOL 5
15 hours ago, pdlinda said:

My only dispute with the narrator's description of chris is that he is "high value" and makes a lot of $$$$.  

Agreed. If we take what he says at face value, he's a risk taker who has done well financially for a year or two. He also spends money like water.and could be back living in his car in the not too distant future.  

The low value, high value talk brings to mind pick up artist culture and that old Chris Rock joke that 90% of the women want 10% of the men.  While it's easy to see how terrible Chris is from our couches, there are plenty of guys like him who convince plenty of women that they are high-value. 

This season has me missing the good old days when Olivia and Brett were disagreeing about whether or not buying tickets to Saints games was a waste of money. Or when Iris yelled about guests for drinking the wrong lemonade.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

The show owes Paige a redo. How did Chris make it to the show? Or did they know he was an asshole and let it happen, which is shitty. He didn’t like Paige saying his intentions weren’t pure? Save it Chris, if Paige had been his physical  type he would still be with her.

Haley looks less attractive each show, like her face is getting longer. I know that’s not nice to say but I think her standoffishness is making he more annoying. 

I think Vinny and Brianna will be okay with time. I feel like their problems are getting used to each other and being together in a small space. I lived alone for several years before getting married and it was an adjustment.

Why did Virginia get married? She seemed perfectly content with her single life. Erik seems to like her right now but I see problems ahead if she doesn’t tone down  the partying. 

I’m liking Clara and Ryan less for some reason. He seems a bit off and if he was that into her, I think he would have banged her by now.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m liking Clara and Ryan less for some reason. He seems a bit off and if he was that into her, I think he would have banged her by now.

For some reason, I don't see Clara and Ryan as a romantic couple.  Clara seems older than he does in many ways even though he's apparently older chronologically than she is according to the show.  

Regardless of whether they stay together on TV,  I don't see any future for this couple.  Ryan should probably stick to his Church congregation to find a prospective mate (If that's truly his intention that I sometimes doubt).

Clara is far out of his league relationship-wise because her relationship standards (needs and wants) widely diverge from his.  No match there....

• Love 6
(edited)

Unless I missed seeing some things, I think Clara and Ryan have gotten the least amount of attention.  Going forward, I'd like to see more of them to see how they interact with each other.  Right now, I'm thinking that Ryan just isn't into the relationship as much as she is. 

Edited by Crashcourse
typo
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Unless I missed seeing some things, I think Clara and Ryan have gotten the least amount of attention.  Going forward, I'd like to see more of them to see how they interact with each other.  Right now, I'm thinking that Ryan just isn't into the relationship as much as she is. 

Chris and Paige are the whole show and it’s annoying.  Much more air time than the others.  Ryan and Clara don’t look like they are getting closer.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Lauren, Haley’s friend at the champagne brunch needed a booster seat to reach the table to eat.
Jalen, Vinnie’s friend told him to stop being a man baby.

Oh Jake honey, you don’t have to worry about Haley falling for you too late...she will never ever like you more than tolerance level.

Seriously, Jake your post coitus behavior caused Haley to back up so fast it affected the Earth’s rotation like Superman flying backwards....

Pigs in a blanket...onion dip...ribs...chicken...beer...Gaviscon, please

Po$ always says to Paige...”my ex fiancé, the mother of my baby” like she needs to be reminded after hearing you say it 20 times, you turd.

Jake’s friends Dan and Karla are so normal compared to Amy Farrah Fowler and Sheldon Cooper and the nerd dudes he broke the news he was cast on MAFS.

Lane and Cole, Ginny’s platonic drinking boy buddies know she is a sloppy mess.
Cole had the task to tell Erik to back off trying to control Gin.  Cole does seem big brotherly.
Traces of Day...Erik’s old band.

Erik’s friends...Brandon and Kyle...looking like Mutt and Jeff in the blue and red matching trucker hats

Kyle the tiny one..he was the extrovert that made introvert Erik go with him places when they were younger 

Clara begging for penetrative sex in front of their friends is pathetic....

Ry Ry is hesitant to toss his hot dog down Clara’s hallway with so many having been there preceding him....

Bri’s baby voice was in over drive...my ears bled.

Lol .. Hubs and I live on Gaviscon.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, pdlinda said:

My only dispute with the narrator's description of chris is that he is "high value" and makes a lot of $$$$.  From available info about him and my observation and experience, I think Paige is the "high value" partner in this duo.  I believe she is a well compensated professional while chris is a "flash in the pan" entrepreneur whose reputation in the business world and actual income are highly problematic.  I think chris is a big "talker" and may have a lot of debt.  I don't consider him "high value".

5 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Agreed. If we take what he says at face value, he's a risk taker who has done well financially for a year or two. He also spends money like water.and could be back living in his car in the not too distant future.  

The low value, high value talk brings to mind pick up artist culture and that old Chris Rock joke that 90% of the women want 10% of the men.  While it's easy to see how terrible Chris is from our couches, there are plenty of guys like him who convince plenty of women that they are high-value. 

This season has me missing the good old days when Olivia and Brett were disagreeing about whether or not buying tickets to Saints games was a waste of money. Or when Iris yelled about guests for drinking the wrong lemonade.

I am sure the narrator was just trying to be respectful but I almost laughed my ass off every time she referred to Chris as a "High Value" man.

He did have a Subway but never showed up to do the work or hire someone else to manage it for him.

One of the partners in my law firm owned 3 Subways that he made him a pretty penny. He actually paid a guy a six figure salary to manage the 3 stores. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I am sure the narrator was just trying to be respectful but I almost laughed my ass off every time she referred to Chris as a "High Value" man.

He did have a Subway but never showed up to do the work or hire someone else to manage it for him.

One of the partners in my law firm owned 3 Subways that he made him a pretty penny. He actually paid a guy a six figure salary to manage the 3 stores. 

What does he make?? Didn’t he say he made 3 times more then Paige makes?? How??? She’s an accountant and she is also involved in real estate so she probably makes good money. What does Bl$$$ed do for money?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

What does he make?? Didn’t he say he made 3 times more then Paige makes?? How??? She’s an accountant and she is also involved in real estate so she probably makes good money. What does Bl$$$ed do for money?

That’s a good point , actually. On top of everything else, Chris has to know that it’s a bad idea to let accountant Paige get a look at his financial house of cards. He’s a “you have to spend money to make money” kind of guy.

• Love 5
On 3/7/2021 at 6:33 AM, Silver Bells said:

stop eating onions and whatever

I'm not sure where this "he eats onions/smells like onions" thing came from - on the honeymoon he ate ONE ONION as a joke in response to Haley saying she was going to have bad breath from eating fish. I don't think this means he goes around eating raw onions on the regular......

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That’s a good point , actually. On top of everything else, Chris has to know that it’s a bad idea to let accountant Paige get a look at his financial house of cards. He’s a “you have to spend money to make money” kind of guy.

In addition to the "obvious" questions about his "income", I'd like to know how many lawsuits have been filed against him (or whatever corporation(s) he formed to finance and benefit from the defunct Subway deal) AND in the aggregate how much $$$$ he OWES. 

I would also like to see his last 3 yrs of tax returns to see if the IRS (and/or state tax authority if he lives in a state that has a state tax)  is conducting an audit on him and check his credit report to see if any liens have been placed on it by the IRS or other agencies/companies/individuals.

Paige...RUNNNNNNNN

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 3/6/2021 at 2:39 PM, Lindz said:

Maybe Erik should show Virginia the episode of Dateline about a mother being raped & murdered by a guy friend or many similar situations to smarten her up! People are opportunists. Some are evil. You never completely know someone. Add the other dope, Clara. Blindly trusting everyone like it's a safe world. 😂

Virginia has known her guy friends longer than she has known Erik so I wouldn’t think blindly trusting him would be such a great move, either...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Virginia has known her guy friends longer than she has known Erik so I wouldn’t think blindly trusting him would be such a great move, either...

Well, except for the constant presence of that camera crew.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I'm not sure where this "he eats onions/smells like onions" thing came from - on the honeymoon he ate ONE ONION as a joke in response to Haley saying she was going to have bad breath from eating fish. I don't think this means he goes around eating raw onions on the regular......

That’s what a lot of posters were saying.  His diet of steak n eggs and onions were causing bad breath.  

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

That’s what a lot of posters were saying.  His diet of steak n eggs and onions were causing bad breath.  

I heard only, and several times, "steak and eggs." Because Jake eats for his physique. The addition of "onion" leading to "bad breath" might be one of those "whisper down the alley" results. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I know that it wasn't you saying it, but my point was more that he doesn't have a "steak, eggs AND onions" diet - he only ate the onion one time  but now it's somehow been turned into that his diet includes eating raw onion regularly. I know you've been a Jake supporter 😜

• Love 1