Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: Face To Face

• Start Topic

I am new.  Here are my thoughts:

I am on team Chris on the whole Eric thing.  Eric should have never talked to Chris that way.  Eric is not Chris’ father and Chris was well within his rights to drag both VA and Eric. They deserved it for being so nosy and interfering. I think its possible production encouraged it or came up with the idea. It seemed fishy that they always showed up late, just in time to throw gasoline on the fire.

But I really like Eric, and besides that one mistake, he is probably the most stable man on the show. I hope he finds a good wife. I am not sure VA is it.  Either VA is a raging alcoholic or editing is making her look bad. VA should go to rehab. I like them as a couple when VA isn’t shitfaced or puking on her male friends couch.

Eric is right to be upset that his wife plans to pass out 3 days a week on her straight-male friend’s couches.  No married man would tolerate that. I hope her guy friends are not hot. Eric would go crazy.  I don’t think Eric is too controlling. I think if he had been married to a more mature, less alcoholic wife, he wouldn’t say that she cant have guy friends.

I am on team Vincent.  What does “totally Vincent” mean?  I took that to mean he is usually a bumbling idiot.  It was meant to be kidding on the square. I think she now knows that she cannot say things like this anymore.  When a woman is more educated than a man, it causes these types of problems.  My sister has an MBA and she has the same problem. I love this couple.  Maybe production set this up to create drama.

Clara.  I like her personality.  She seems to wear heavy makeup and very long fingernails.  Not my type of thing, but to each their own.  I think Religion will get in the way, unless Ryan was exaggerating. I don’t get Ryan’s hair at all.  I don’t get the patchy beard either.  Why is he outwardly totally neat and under control, but underneath totally a slob?  He should have sex with Clara, unless they are lying, or production is making them do this. I hope they make it.

I forgot their names but the 80’s guy seems cool, but he will never get laid if he keeps on going on about the 80’s. The wife is boring and condensing and seems to lie. She could wean him off of the 80’s thing, but she doesn’t like him.  Things went south after they had sex.  I don’t think she had an orgasm and she is not giving him a mulligan.  They are done.

My main man Chris.  I am trying to figure out who is better: Puke, Matt the basketball “playa, druggie Ryan, or Chris.  It’s a hard choice. I don’t know who is more desperate: Paige, Mindy, Katie, or basketball wife who refused to wear makeup. As an aside, people going on this show should always wear makeup and wear their best outfits. Michael, the liar dressed horribly.  Mindy blew it by wearing those ugly pants. If you refuse to wear makeup, don’t expect guys to be into that.  If you have a shitty beard like Michael the liar, don’t expect women to have a WAP.

Anyway, back to my man Chris. Even if he didn’t knock his baby momma up, he was always going to cheat on Paige. So Paige dodged a bullet, but she keeps on jumping in front of more bullets. Chris must have an amazing dick. Because I don’t understand why she stays around. Nothing else makes sense, unless she really needs the money. She looks really desperate. Chris both mumbles and has vocal fry, the worst of both worlds.  I think in 5 weeks, Paige will stay married to Chris. 

Finally, I wanted to get something off of my chest for years. Pastor Cal asks all of the Black couples if they used protection, validating an ugly stereotype, but none of the other couples. He didn’t ask the guy who “identifies as Black” the question.  As a Black guy, Pastor Cal annoys me when he does this and he should stop doing it immediately, unless he is going to do it for all the couples.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

I don’t think she had an orgasm and she is not giving him a mulligan. 

Haley is wound tight and perhaps Jake was too quick to jettison his bombs before the mission was completed ...if you get my drift....

Old Jake didn't get a mulligan or whatever you kids are calling bjs and OTPHJs these days.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

All I know is that based on the preview for this episode, Chris’s ex girlfriend is giving me CRAZY strong scripted/acting vibes. 

I think the three of them, Chris, Paige & baby Momma are all in it for the money.  Or something. I wish they were off the show.  I can’t even fast forward tonite.

• Love 18

I watched the repeats before.  Jake as so nice to Haley.  She looked like she liked him.  They slept together, then Kerput.  Paige is ruining everyone’s honeymoon, by telling everyone her problems.  Shut up already and stop sleeping with him you ninny.  Now, we have to deal with baby momma too.  Next is a threesome, and dopey Paige will agree.  God probably told her it’s o.k.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Haley is wound tight and perhaps Jake was too quick to jettison his bombs before the mission was completed ...if you get my drift....

Old Jake didn't get a mulligan or whatever you kids are calling bjs and OTPHJs these days.

By mulligan, I mean a second chance to make things happen in bed. Thats not happening.  Also Dr. Pepper is ghosting the couples.  She is the one who insisted on adding Chris after Pastor Cal warned her.  80's wife looks like another wife from a different season.  I think it was the really nice guy who had acne, but was really chilled.  Forgot his name.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

80's wife looks like another wife from a different season.  I think it was the really nice guy who had acne, but was really chilled.  Forgot his name.

Haley and Jess look alikes?

Nice guy with zits...Austin...

• Love 2

I don't usually watch Unfiltered but I'm watching now with Brianna, Paige and Jake and he says that they haven't had sex.  Did they do another Unfiltered with Jake or Haley and did either one say they did have sex?  

It's the jump on Jake show on Unfiltered. Brianna & Paige both have major 'tudes toward him; Paige admitted being "close with Haley". 

And Paige doesn't have the right to comment on anyone else's marriage - if she's not a fake 'actor' she's just an idiot. GTFO

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't usually watch Unfiltered but I'm watching now with Brianna, Paige and Jake and he says that they haven't had sex.  Did they do another Unfiltered with Jake or Haley and did either one say they did have sex?  

I thought Haley said on the honeymoon that her and Jake got drunk and had sex? 

• Love 11
Just now, Straycat80 said:

I thought Haley said on the honeymoon that her and Jake got drunk and had sex? 

On Unfiltered Jake said (in so many word)s that he was trying to get her to  open up and start intimacy by hugging.

• Love 2

Slightly off-topic: Is there a special database of crappy musical interludes and sound effects that this show uses?  Their music is worse than a lot of other shows, especially the clips they use for cheerful scenes.  It’s just one breathy female warble after another.

As for this pastor’s advice to Chris, if you still have to “work on commitment,” you are far from ready for marriage.  Even a MAFS marriage.

• Love 19

It was said Haley & Jake did have drunk sex, once. I believe he was talking about her behavior on the regular, & how she's not physical at all & he wanted to start with a hug now & then. She's just not into him though, & I think instead of being direct she's dancing around it which is confusing to him, since he's still trying.

• Love 12

Chris is not acting like a christian man at all.  He is disrespectful and the most selfish man I've ever seen.  He should be taken to task and apologize to Page and to the show.  Worst person ever.

• Love 2

If they did, indeed, have sex, something really turned her off.  She looks traumatized and I can understand her not wanting to say what it was on national tv.  Yes, she's saying she wants to try, but you can tell she doesn't mean it.  

• Love 12
Just now, Crashcourse said:

If they did, indeed, have sex, something really turned her off.  She looks traumatized and I can understand her not wanting to say what it was on national tv.  Yes, she's saying she wants to try, but you can tell she doesn't mean it.  

I think if that were the case she would've told her friend off camera, & her friend would not have supported her continuing with the marriage. JMO

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Erik's  friend. As with Ryan, I don't  understand  how men with protruding  ears don't  have haircuts that balance (Read: hide) them. 

No, Erik, keeping track like you really want to is not being "protective." 

Tired of Chris's permanent  pout. 

Vincent is immature. Should have laughed off the entire champagne  incident. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

I think if that were the case she would've told her friend off camera, & her friend would not have supported her continuing with the marriage. JMO

I don't necessarily think she would have though.  I know I would have kept it to myself for awhile, then maybe told a friend when I felt like discussing it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't necessarily think she would have though.  I know I would have kept it to myself for awhile, then maybe told a friend when I felt like discussing it.  

If my friend were traumatized by sex with some guy, I would never encourage her to keep trying, even if it was teevee. I think everyone's blaming it on the sex, but I just think she regrets the sex because she's never really liked him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
(edited)

I find it interesting that Haley threw all kinds of shade at Jake’s 80s clothes when that top (with those sleeves) looks like something I may have worn to an elementary school honor roll assembly in 1989. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

If my friend were traumatized by sex with some guy, I would never encourage her to keep trying, even if it was teevee. I think everyone's blaming it on the sex, but I just think she regrets the sex because she's never really liked him.

My point was that I'm not sure she even told her friend.  The friend might not know every little detail yet; hence, basically suggesting to Haley to try and work things out. 

3 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I find it interesting that Haley threw all kinds of shade at Jake’s 80s clothes when that top (with those sleeves) looks like something I may have worn to an elementary school honor roll assembly in 1989. 

I have to agree about that dress. 🤣

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

My point was that I'm not sure she even told her friend.  The friend might not know every little detail yet; hence, basically suggesting to Haley to try and work things out. 

Understood. But traumatizing sex wouldn't make her want to live with him either, I'd think...

• Useful 2
(edited)

"Every hour or two," Erik? Um, nope. Wouldn't  work for me, Bud.

But then, Virginia just came home "hungover" and asking where the beer is.

I think Erik is going to cut bait when the day comes, with some sadness but with relief. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
Just now, gonecrackers said:

Understood. But traumatizing sex wouldn't make her want to live with him either, I'd think...

I think he knows enough to keep his distance and let her come to him.  I don't like him but I don't think he'd force her to do anything she doesn't want to do. 

• Love 5

Chris' pastor is 100% correct,  he's completely selfish. 

Thank you Jalen for diplomatically telling Vincent that he was being too sensitive.  

I'm about 65% done with Paige.  Why is she even entertaining this fool? His phone number should've been blocked the minute he left the apartment. 

• Love 22