Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09: The Hostess with the Least-est

• Start Topic

As the Isle of Palms girls’ trip continues, the drama between Marlo and Kenya reaches new heights. Porsha’s heart is still focused on how she can continue her activism as she struggles to cope with the verdict in the Breonna Taylor murder case. Kandi makes sure Cynthia’s last days of singledom are celebrated with a dungeon style stripper party… including a very special surprise package.

Airdate: 02.14.2021

Oh darn, we have to wait a week for the dungeon style stripper party.  🙄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

Nobody ain’t got nothing to say? Lol that’s not a good sign 

We can't work with the material if they don't give us any.

I will say, though, that it had to be a pretty crappy trip if Drew wanted to go home early to Ralph.  Because, ewwwww.

• LOL 9
  • Love 9

So far, this trip is as depressing as Marlo's room. Kenya needs to get it together as hostess. I cried along with Porsha watching the Breonna Taylor case; I remember where I was that day. The girls need to stop hating on Auntie Cynthia wrapping up some whole pig roast to go. It looked delicious! & Sooo much leftover! Imma need somebody to refrigerate it properly though. The exercising with shots was kinda funny. The editors were loving it with the slo-mo. Shamea has a great body. The outing to the restaurant was about to go off the deep end. Thank God Tanya ordered some apps to shut them all up. Kenya is in a mood. She tried to ruin Cynthia's proposal & she's trying to ruin her bachelorette trip, too. I saw Falynn sitting on the couch in one shot, but it seemed like she was absent at other times during the trip. I got bored & googled her. Oh, my! Plenty tea!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Nobody ain’t got nothing to say? Lol that’s not a good sign 

I was wondering if everyone got sucked into a vortex. No discussion about Nene or the Tiny/TI situation as it relates to Kandi.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

They are dragging this trip out. Everyone was irritated with Kenya’s lack of hostessing skills. They should have ignored her and had a good time without her setting the stage to get rid of her after this season.  Would like to see Marlo get a shot at a peach.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I was wondering if everyone got sucked into a vortex. No discussion about Nene or the Tiny/TI situation as it relates to Kandi.

Do you think Kandi is involved? What have you heard?

Tiny was just desperate to keep TI from cheating. She messed up her face with plastic surgery including her eye color in a attempt to be attractive enough for him. She looks freakish and it didn’t work.  He’s a cad, & is used to being a drug dealer and bedding ho’s.  Drugging underage girls and having them do sexual favors is disgusting. I hope they are both jailed.
Kandi seems too smart to be caught up in all that. But she has mentioned threesomes and having the girls sign non disclosures. I do find it interesting that it’s always women brought into play. Seems to be catering to the guy. Finally we have a male with this bachelorette and it’s on film.   Pretty sure she made the stripper sign a NDC too.  
Kenya remains woefully lacking in self awareness. Worst hostess ever.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Kandi was on WWHL last night and said Tiny is her sister and she’s not discussing it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Tiny was just desperate to keep TI from cheating. She messed up her face with plastic surgery including her eye color in a attempt to be attractive enough for him. She looks freakish and it didn’t work.  He’s a cad, & is used to being a drug dealer and bedding ho’s.  Drugging underage girls and having them do sexual favors is disgusting. I hope they are both jailed.
Kandi seems too smart to be caught up in all that. But she has mentioned threesomes and having the girls sign non disclosures. I do find it interesting that it’s always women brought into play. Seems to be catering to the guy. Finally we have a male with this bachelorette and it’s on film.   Pretty sure she made the stripper sign a NDC too.  

I don't know anything really. Everybody will label me a prude but I find all the sex services promotion distasteful. I hate the new mindset that a woman needs to be on a stripper pole. Now the "aunties" have to prove their worth by sexual means. 

It's ironic how Bravo dragging out this dungeon strippergate has run smack dab into the T.I/Tiny strippergate. 

Although the situation with Brooklyn is ridiculous, I think the crab sandwich is more telling. Why does Kenya keep saying the others could have ordered something or work with what was in the fridge? They are 6 hours away from home in a beach house.  Nothing else was prepared by the host to feed her guests, yet she procured a crab po boy and fries for herself. Her soul didn't find anything wrong with this action. The way she demanded "village" services was real cute too. 

• Love 13

Aren't we all tired of the dominatrix costumes, sex dungeon themed nights and the over the top male stripper, it is so try hard.  For a group of women who most of clutch their pearls at the mere thought of sex with a woman or an orgy they are all quick to put on skimpy outfits and act like subs.  I remember that dungeon show Kandi had put on, awkward.

Am I alone in the not finding the male stripper as being hot and sexy?  Those strippers always seem to make people uncomfortable to watch their friend simulating sex or having it simulated on them, being lifted upside down, grinding on women even after they say no thank you, etc...it was never appealing to me.  

Did Kandi say she had $4000 in ones?  I like my friends but not willing to donate $4000 to them to throw at a stripper.

Cynthia should have known that if Kenya was throwing her a bachelorette party it would be about Kenya.

Kenya can't order lunch for her friends but insist they move in to her village and feel pity for her.

The rental house is on the beach, have the HW's even gotten on the beach if only for a walk?

If I were Marlo and on vacay with a house full of women I would be happy with any room that had it's own bathroom, I would sleep in the broom closet if it had it's own bathroom!  Didn't Tootie make a living room her bedroom after some unsatisfactory room situation? 

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Marlo.
  • Love 5

Why is Drew acting surprised that her douche of a husband is doing important stuff without her? I'm not. I'm also quite sure her name ain't on the deed to that house anyway....

tenor.gif

Me and Kandi when Drew announced her game: this don't sound like it will be fun at all!

tenor.gif

Seeing Bolo in that box at the end of the episode just reminded me that the last time someone was surprised with a stripper on this show, dude plopped his thang in someone's drink....and that was the tamest thing that happened....

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kenya can't order lunch for her friends but insist they move in to her village and feel pity for her.

And before that she blamed her rudeness and miserable attitude on her mother didn't want her.   It's always something with Kenya . 

So now she is whining about being a single mother without a village?   Maybe she should buy one if she is going to take Brooklyn with her everywhere for the next five years.  Except I'm guessing the reason there is only one nanny and that nanny is new is Ken must go through them pretty fast.   I wonder how many have quit so far?   Considering how she treats her coworkers, imagine how she treats employees.   Yikes. 

Hey Ken, if everyone is "coming at you" maybe it's you.    Kandi's patience with Ken is amazing to me but then I've often admired Kandi's ability to let things just roll off.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I remember when Tiny came out with Xscape and people used to say how ugly she was and that she was a waste of light-skin.  So It had to have hurt her to her soul to constantly be told how ugly she was.  I am not condoning what she is being accused of doing with TI but it is sad how some women are willing to risk it all to keep a man.  Most of the time the man is not worth it..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

And before that she blamed her rudeness and miserable attitude on her mother didn't want her.   It's always something with Kenya . 

So now she is whining about being a single mother without a village?   Maybe she should buy one if she is going to take Brooklyn with her everywhere for the next five years.  Except I'm guessing the reason there is only one nanny and that nanny is new is Ken must go through them pretty fast.   I wonder how many have quit so far?   Considering how she treats her coworkers, imagine how she treats employees.   Yikes. 

Hey Ken, if everyone is "coming at you" maybe it's you.    Kandi's patience with Ken is amazing to me but then I've often admired Kandi's ability to let things just roll off.

I don't know much about Kenya's childhood, except that her mom gave her up and then refused to see her.  A grandmother raised her?  Aunt Lori visits--does she live in Atlanta?

Why is Kenya a self centered, selfish person?  Was she treated horribly?  Or maybe she was treated like Veruca Salt--no one ever told her no?  Was she like this all the time?  Is it a character she is playing for the series?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I don't know much about Kenya's childhood, except that her mom gave her up and then refused to see her.  A grandmother raised her?  Aunt Lori visits--does she live in Atlanta?

Why is Kenya a self centered, selfish person?  Was she treated horribly?  Or maybe she was treated like Veruca Salt--no one ever told her no?  Was she like this all the time?  Is it a character she is playing for the series?

It's not just that her mom gave her up, but mom was technically still in her life at the family home, family events, etc., and would pretend that Kenya didn't exist. 

• Love 2

I can remember the scenes we saw with Mark, Kenya and Brooklyn.  Every time Mark was playing with or making a playful fuss about Brooklyn Kenya would insert herself and make it about herself insinuating "what about me".  I got the feeling she was jealous of his attention to the baby and she was competing for his attention with poor Brooklyn.  She is so transparent.   When the ladies are having fun and it isn't about her she is offended.  She is only happy when she is the center of attention.  She wants everyone to be there for her yet she is there for no one but herself.   She continued to flirt with Apollo in front of Phaedra even though she knew it was inappropriate and disrespectful.  She used her fake/paid for boyfriend for a story line.   Now we are supposed to believe her and back her up and not question the way she raises her child and her motherhood?   Please.  She isn't insulting our intelligence, she is playing a fool and no one is falling for it.  When Kandi called her out for her actions she played the victim.  When caught she always comes up with another story and expects to be forgiven yet she is the least forgiving person on this show.  We see right through you.    She is the reason it will quite possibly be the last season I watch the ladies of Atlanta, just as Rinna and Kyle ruined Beverly Hills for me.   Just not interested in watching the "look at me" girls anymore.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Blondie said:

She isn't insulting our intelligence, she is playing a fool and no one is falling for it.  When Kandi called her out for her actions she played the victim.  When caught she always comes up with another story and expects to be forgiven yet she is the least forgiving person on this show.  We see right through you. 

Exactly.  Sometimes the "villain is fun to watch ala Nene (except last season) but I don't find anything enjoyable about Kenya.  

On the other hand, I can't believe how much I am liking The New Porsha, all grown up and evolved.  

• Love 15
20 hours ago, nexxie said:

Kenya really didn’t see why she should’ve asked the others if they wanted to bring their babies - she can never get past herself. Poor Brooklyn.

I can see her now letting poor  Brooklyn know what she had to give up for her, when Brooklyn is older.  I was glad that Kandi sat her down and told her how upset the group was at Ken.  I think Ken doesn't come for Kandi, because Kandi is so much more successful and can take her down.  Surprised that Ken didn't ruin the bachelorette party surprise for Cynthia.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Exactly.  Sometimes the "villain is fun to watch ala Nene (except last season) but I don't find anything enjoyable about Kenya.  

On the other hand, I can't believe how much I am liking The New Porsha, all grown up and evolved.  

I'm starting to feel as if Kenya is Nene from last season. There is no real difference between "Be my village!" and "Support me, bitch!" They both were in charge of get-togethers, then absented themselves for no reason, and got all defensive when their remaining friend(s) called them out on their behavior.

Kenya's dramatics at the restaurant was too much. Why should Porsha or Tanya pay close attention to your every word when a) you've treated them both terribly and b) you weren't even talking to them? I thought it was funny when Kenya tried that "I'll wait" maneuver. Take it from an experienced teacher, Kenya; it doesn't work on people who don't give a shit about what you're saying, particularly if they're hungry. 

• Love 12
On 2/15/2021 at 12:19 AM, NowVoyager said:

So far, this trip is as depressing as Marlo's room. Kenya needs to get it together as hostess. I cried along with Porsha watching the Breonna Taylor case; I remember where I was that day. The girls need to stop hating on Auntie Cynthia wrapping up some whole pig roast to go. It looked delicious! & Sooo much leftover! Imma need somebody to refrigerate it properly though. The exercising with shots was kinda funny. The editors were loving it with the slo-mo. Shamea has a great body. The outing to the restaurant was about to go off the deep end. Thank God Tanya ordered some apps to shut them all up. Kenya is in a mood. She tried to ruin Cynthia's proposal & she's trying to ruin her bachelorette trip, too. I saw Falynn sitting on the couch in one shot, but it seemed like she was absent at other times during the trip. I got bored & googled her. Oh, my! Plenty tea!

I think the issue was that is "going" three days later on a 10 hour bus ride.  That begs for hating on Auntie  🙂

ETA:  If someone screams at me to "be my f*cking village" you can rest assured that I will NOT be your village.  I won't even be a neighboring town or a suburb.  Kenya is disgusting, its not even "cute"  she's vile.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 19
10 hours ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

Did Ralph just up and move the family without any notice? And Drew wasn’t part of the closing process at all? Do I even care because I was on my phone when his infuriating face came onscreen. 😒

She is so out of the loop it's hard to comprehend what's really happening. I wasn't paying full attention but I only heard him talking about having hired the movers. Where all the stuff was moved to? I don't know. Actual closing dates? I don't know. Where everyone's residing? I don't know.

• Love 2

Major alarm bells would be going off for me and I would hop on Kenya’s pj to catch him in the act. They were speculating on watch what crappens that he must have been moving the surveillance equipment. And I just remembered how many things are off about this guy. Everyone who was posting that he was too giddy about her leaving was right! He had some shady stuff to accomplish in her absence apparently.

2 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

She is so out of the loop it's hard to comprehend what's really happening. I wasn't paying full attention but I only heard him talking about having hired the movers. Where all the stuff was moved to? I don't know. Actual closing dates? I don't know. Where everyone's residing? I don't know.

And oh he made it seem as if Escrow revolves around the movers’ schedule rather than the other way around. 🤔 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

And oh he made it seem as if Escrow revolves around the movers’ schedule rather than the other way around. 🤔 

I did love his logic that movers are apparently so hard to schedule that you simply have to leap when they're available - ha! On what planet do you book your move around the movers' schedule and not your own? Especially in the middle of a pandemic when I imagine not a ton of people are moving?

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I did love his logic that movers are apparently so hard to schedule that you simply have to leap when they're available - ha! On what planet do you book your move around the movers' schedule and not your own? Especially in the middle of a pandemic when I imagine not a ton of people are moving?

Nothing that man says or does makes sense, I am surprised that he told Drew about the move, like she would come home to an empty house with a note on the front door.

What woman in her right mind would be like, sure pack up all my stuff and move it, no concern about personal things, heirlooms, just organization in general.  Ralph does not seem the sort to pay attention to details that do not have anything to do with him.

• Love 8

Ralph is a sketchy fuck and I don’t want to see him anymore. His whole moving while Drew is gone is control. She is also prob not on the title which is control again.

Once again Kenya is a miserable bitch. I love how Porsha is so unbothered by her. Porsha is my fave this season.

• Love 16
On 2/17/2021 at 6:00 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

A ton of people are moving during the pandemic. In NYC, at least, people needed to schedule movers many weeks in advance, and possibly change their schedule for an opening.

On 2/22/2021 at 11:49 AM, gotta watch said:

I don't get Kenya refusing to offer the girls some food during the day. It's not like it would *cost her anything, TLC would pick up the bill? But then I also don't understand why they just didn't order something themselves.

I think this may have been the problem. Bravo paid for the “refrigerator full of food” but Kenya was paying out of pocket for her own meal. I bet she was afraid that she would be stuck paying for everyone’s order. Take out lunch for that large group could run many hundred dollars.

Finally, if Drew wasn’t there for the closing, her name isn’t on the deed (unless Ralph has power of attorney from Drew to sign on her behalf). That is some shady shit!

• Love 2