Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: On A Very Special Episode...

• Start Topic

I really do think that binging and the current hatred of mystery box storytelling have seriously done damage to how television is viewed.

Patience is barely a thing.

There is a lot focus on what one WANTS in a story as opposed to taking a story as is.

There is also more focus on the end of the story because for many it's not about the ride it's about the destination. This show could keep one captivated the whole way through but if every question posed isn't answered in a way one wants, this has all been pointless.

I've just simply enjoyed the story. The pace of the show has been one of the best parts. Every week the tension has been squeezed tighter and tighter. It's about the progression. 

Also get used to this pace. I have feeling this will be the model going forward. First batch of episodes will set up and establishing the story. The middle will be the meat and the last batch will be all climax. Three, three and three 

This basically a three act structure of a movie.

We also knew this series was going to very zany and meta from the ads. It was almost all sitcom setting highlighted. I don't know why so many are surprised it's featured this heavily.

The sitcom setting has been interesting to me because of how it keeps melting away. It was almost all sitcom in the beginning. But, beyond splitting time outside westview, the sitcom conventions keep breaking. Characters are more and more aware. Blatant in their I hate this shit in Hahn's place. The sitcom plot keeps getting derailed by the reality of the situation.

• Love 13

In my opinion, there isn’t one right way to enjoy a tv show. One of the best things about the streaming area is flexibility. The only thing I don’t understand is when people feel their preferred way is the only way to enjoy a show. 

Personally I enjoy the journey but the ending absolutely matters too. A show like this has to build to a satisfying conclusion or I will be disappointed. I’m fine if it’s not a conclusion I like as long as it’s well written. 

3 hours ago, RobertDeSneero said:

I think there are a lot of possibilities people aren't considering.  People are focused on their relationship after Maria got sick.  Maybe Maria got cancer because Carol took her on a space adventure.  Maybe Carol opposed the formation of SWORD or had a dispute with the organization (which might also explain why SWORD wouldn't call someone like her to help).  An agency tasked with dealing with extraterrestrial threats might have issues with someone like Captain Marvel, especially if she refused to join them.

I agree. I really hope they go with something more nuanced than Monica being mad Carol was gone. Especially Monica was the biggest cheerleader for Carol being a superhero. 

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I swear, the more I see the ending of this episode, the more I think “oh snap, it’s Quicksilver as Uncle Jessie!” 

This was my first thought too.  I know a lot of people were speculating that the show would do Full House for the 80s episode but the majority of Full House was during the 90s, so I feel like next week (especially with the new addition of Uncle Quicksilver) would be the more appropriate place for a Full House homage.  They could also throw in some Family Matters, Step By Step and Home Improvement, just for good measure.

And Agnes for sure murdered that dog.  Either to test Wanda's powers or in an attempt to get the twins to age themselves up again. 

On a lighter note, the photo montage of baby Vision was one of the funniest sight gags I've seen in awhile.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

And Agnes for sure murdered that dog.  Either to test Wanda's powers or in an attempt to get the twins to age themselves up again. 

Yeah, but I think murder is going around, or at least will be. 

I mean the VERY first thing Probably Not Actually Pietro tells Wanda is the he wants to "squeeze her to death". And I think a theme of this show has been that toss away lines like that frequently aren't always toss away lines. 

28 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

I know a lot of people were speculating that the show would do Full House for the 80s episode but the majority of Full House was during the 90s, so I feel like next week (especially with the new addition of Uncle Quicksilver) would be the more appropriate place for a Full House homage

The counter against that is that they've already given us Full House, in the credits. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Dani said:

In my opinion, there isn’t one right way to enjoy a tv show. One of the best things about the streaming area is flexibility. The only thing I don’t understand is when people feel their preferred way is the only way to enjoy a show. 

Personally I enjoy the journey but the ending absolutely matters too. A show like this has to build to a satisfying conclusion or I will be disappointed. I’m fine if it’s not a conclusion I like as long as it’s well written. 

I agree. I really hope they go with something more nuanced than Monica being mad Carol was gone. Especially Monica was the biggest cheerleader for Carol being a superhero. 

You are right with your first part.

I just think that are many ways that letting a story play out or focusing on the perceived flaws continue to hurt viewing overall. 

But, you can't please them all. I'm glad to see more people enjoying the ride here than most. It honestly just makes for more fun discussion when there isn't as much vitriol lobbied at it.

I feel like there has to be more there than she didn't come back. To still be mad at that her age would just seem off to me.

I also think Full House has been cover via part of the credits. 

I don't people remember this much but Home Improvement was actually the biggest family sitcom of the 90s. We may see allusions to that.

• Love 1

Great episode and I love how the two worlds are blending into each other.  The show is doing a great job showing just how damaged and messed up Wanda is.  I like seeing Monica, Jimmy and Darcy working together as well and the Evan Peters appearance at the end was brilliant.

• Love 2

I'm enjoying the ride! And just like back in the day, when I would wonder what will happen next? I have to WAAAIT???? for a week? (Hey, this was me during the awesome years of Original Recipe Dallas!)

But. The stairs and kitchen for the Family Ties (I think it was the Family Ties) were on the wrong side! The stairs should have been on the left side of our screen, and the kitchen further to the left. The right side of our screen should have been the hall closet and just wall space.

Unless the kitchen was supposed to be an homage to Roseanne?

Man, why does Josh Stamberg, who I adore, have to be a dickish asshole/villain?

I really liked how instead of telling what makes Monica different, they showed it in the briefing and the confrontation with Wanda. I also would watch a whole episode of Woo, Darcy, and Monica figuring stuff out. I really enjoyed that team-up and am kind of sad that we only get 4 more episodes of it. And props to Disney adopting the weekly format--they're getting a lot of interest and discussion on social media etc, making it the go-to service if you want to join in the discussion. It can be hard to wait the week, but I enjoy the interest and discussion. I find it adds a lot to the show, knowing there are people I get to talk about it, even virtually.

I'm glad that it's a show taking the time to focus on trauma and grief, something that gets glossed over in a big tentpole movie. It really gives the actors a chance to shine, too. But I appreciate the exploration of grief, loss, and trauma--not just Wanda, but Monica, too. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I feel like there has to be more there than she didn't come back. To still be mad at that her age would just seem off to me.

Maybe she's mad because Captain Marvel showed up for Endgame but not Infinity War?  Because if Captain Marvel had showed up for Infinity War, then Thanos probably would have been defeated before he was able to Snap anyone, and then Monica would have been around for the last three years of her mom's life.  There could be another reason for her to be upset that they haven't shown us yet but based on everything we currently know, that's the best I can come up with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm enjoying the ride! And just like back in the day, when I would wonder what will happen next? I have to WAAAIT???? for a week? (Hey, this was me during the awesome years of Original Recipe Dallas!)

But. The stairs and kitchen for the Family Ties (I think it was the Family Ties) were on the wrong side! The stairs should have been on the left side of our screen, and the kitchen further to the left. The right side of our screen should have been the hall closet and just wall space.

Wanda and Vision's sitcom homes all have the same basic layout--front door on the left, kitchen on the right.  Their Brady Bunch home last week also did not match up to the original.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I don't people remember this much but Home Improvement was actually the biggest family sitcom of the 90s. We may see allusions to that.

I think this episode moved into the 90’s after the teaser and opening credits. Wanda’s plaid and suspenders were similar to Home Improvement and later seasons of Roseanne. Vision’s shirt with suspenders is very similar to what Tim Allen would wear during the Home Improvement years. I can’t think of any 80’s sitcoms that match those looks. 

Edited by Guest
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

don't people remember this much but Home Improvement was actually the biggest family sitcom of the 90s. We may see allusions to that.

I freaking loved Home Improvement. I actually thought Home Improvement would be the 90s spoof. My other thought was Everybody Loves Raymond but, no way to do that since neither Wanda nor Vision have meddling In Laws.

However, if there's a fence between Agnes and Wanda next episode I'm going to 😂😂😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Kromm said:

I mean the VERY first thing Probably Not Actually Pietro tells Wanda is the he wants to "squeeze her to death". And I think a theme of this show has been that toss away lines like that frequently aren't always toss away lines.

"I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." - Bruce Banner, Age of Ultron

• Love 1
22 hours ago, blackwing said:

I get why they want to bring in Evan Peters to explain the Fox integration... but I think Aaron Taylor Johnson >>>>>>>> Evan Peters in every manner.  I thought the Evan Peters Quicksilver was a punk.  And the styling and the costume and his butt ugly looks are about as bad as they come.  

I recall after Age of Ultron that they adamantly insisted that Quicksilver was dead and never coming back.  I get that things change and this was before the purchase of Fox, but still.   Would much rather have had them brought back Aaron Taylor Johnson. 

This!  🔝🔝  I agree whole heartedly with this!  I am not going to interpret this a a full integration of the Fox versions of the Xmen into the MCU (as some on the interwebs seem to be doing) but more as a cutesy nod to their existence.  I have been looking forward to the MCU's interpretation of the Xmen as opposed to the absolutely mishandling that Fox ended up doing.  Sure they had a couple of good things there:  Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan come to mind, but I will never get over how they mismanaged Mystique and Phoenix (not once but twice) and somehow made Cyclops the younger brother.  (just to name a couple issues)

I've really been enjoying this look into Wanda's mind and am looking forward to see how it all plays out.  I'm not going to speculate because these seem to know what they are doing.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think the house was clearly Family Ties. (I've seen some people say Full House, but no. Both were in that same 80s ish style, but the color of the wood was dark in Family Ties as it was here, and it was a light blonde wood in Full House and Growing Pains.) But Wandavision has kept the front door-living room-kitchen alignment consistently left to right throughout the decades whether or not the referenced sitcoms did it left to right or right to left. It has also kept the exterior the same construction, though interestingly the change to color did not mean a consistent color -- the 80s house color was wildly different from the 70s.

The cabinets were painted a light beige/off-white in Roseanne, if memory serves, but to me the real iconic part of the Roseanne kitchen was the 25 foot handset cord, which didn't show up in Wandavision.

1 hour ago, Penman61 said:

What do we think the logic is behind the sitcoms spoofs coming to us in chronological order? (I mean Wanda-based, story logic, not TPTB logic.)

Sitcoms gradually got more real, if that's the right word. The 1950s were very theatrical (as in for the stage), the 80s had a surfeit of "very special episodes", and then eventually as they got into single-cam (I know multicam isn't dead) they first did away with laugh tracks and eventually some sitcoms got so dark they became dramedies from the other side than hourlongs that were funny.

That could parallel the instabilities in Westview as it's (probably) based strongly on Wanda's own grief-driven process. As her denial fades, the sitcom era that fits has to evolve with her.

2 hours ago, Dani said:

Vision’s shirt with suspenders is very similar to what Tim Allen would wear during the Home Improvement years. I can’t think of any 80’s sitcoms that match those looks. 

Yep, that one felt weird. The cut of the suit felt 80s, but Steven Keaton would never. Maybe Alex P. Keaton would though.

Edited by arc
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, arc said:

Sitcoms gradually got more real, if that's the right word. The 1950s were very theatrical (as in for the stage), the 80s had a surfeit of "very special episodes", and then eventually as they got into single-cam (I know multicam isn't dead) they first did away with laugh tracks and eventually some sitcoms got so dark they became dramedies from the other side than hourlongs that were funny.

That could parallel the instabilities in Westview as it's (probably) based strongly on Wanda's own grief-driven process. As her denial fades, the sitcom era that fits has to evolve with her.

This is great. Thanks. 🙂

44 minutes ago, arc said:

Yep, that one felt weird. The cut of the suit felt 80s, but Steven Keaton would never. Maybe Alex P. Keaton would though.

That’s it. It was very Michael J Fox in Secret of My Success (1987). It feels like the show is progressing through eras within a single episode now. 

I could see the next episode starting with the same clothes because of the cliffhanger wutg early 90’s sitcom opening credits. Then late 90’s Halloween episode for after the opening. 

2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I freaking loved Home Improvement. I actually thought Home Improvement would be the 90s spoof. My other thought was Everybody Loves Raymond but, no way to do that since neither Wanda nor Vision have meddling In Laws.

However, if there's a fence between Agnes and Wanda next episode I'm going to 😂😂😂😂

See, I think not seeing the neighbors face could be a brilliant way to introduce RALPH. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Dani said:

I think this episode moved into the 90’s after the teaser and opening credits. Wanda’s plaid and suspenders were similar to Home Improvement and later seasons of Roseanne. Vision’s shirt with suspenders is very similar to what Tim Allen would wear during the Home Improvement years. I can’t think of any 80’s sitcoms that match those looks. 

He looked a lot like the dad in family ties to me. Nothing here read 90s to me. Even the play off of full house stems from a show started in the 80s.

7 minutes ago, Kromm said:

See, I think not seeing the neighbors face could be a brilliant way to introduce RALPH. 

Ever since someone brought up Home Improvement I've been thinking they're gonna finally have Ralph but he'll be behind the fence. I don't know why I never even thought about them doing Home Improvement until someone here mentioned it. It's a no-brainer!

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

He looked a lot like the dad in family ties to me. Nothing here read 90s to me. Even the play off of full house stems from a show started in the 80s.

YMMV but their second look is more very late 80’s into the early 90’s in my opinion. You really didn’t see women in plaid on tv much until the Roseanne era. That’s more of a early 90’s look to me. 

As far as I know, the only sitcom dad who wore that style suspenders Vision was wearing was Tim Allen. 

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, Dani said:

YMMV but their second look is more very late 80’s into the early 90’s in my opinion. You really didn’t see women in plaid on tv much until the Roseanne era. That’s more of a early 90’s look to me. 

As far as I know, the only sitcom dad who wore that style suspenders Vision was wearing was Tim Allen. 

I think of the plaid thing as more of an Al thing. I guess Tim did too but he was more about wearing college branded shorts. Plus that was job related. He was much more relaxed at home.

I think it reminded me more of Family Ties because him and Vision both have that tall lanky body going. 

• Love 1
On 2/7/2021 at 7:00 PM, Dani said:

Sure but last week when everyone found out Wanda and Vision were involved no one said anything like, “Well, you know last week she grabbed Vision’s corpse.” So, I don’t think that the fact that something hasn’t been mentioned is evidence of anything. Sword if obviously hiding something so the director isn’t going to be forthcoming. 

Regardless, it’s more about the fact that the stones could theoretically be in play based on the timeline given the obvious hints about the stones. That doesn’t necessarily mean Wanda stole them.  I don’t think that the stones Steve returns are going to come back but it’s not outside of the realm of possibilities. 

I feel like the big wildcard is what Sword did to Vision. It’s possible they were working on reanimating him with energy from the mind stone or the mind stone itself. 

I think a week is probably too short an estimate given they had to rebuild all the tech involved without Tony. We know that Monica was pulled into Westview 3 weeks after she came back so we’re probably a month or less post blip. If the writers wanted to use those stones they could make it work. 

They didn't really need Tony for the tech that needed to be rebuilt.  Tony Stark built the Time GPS wristbands.  What needed to be rebuilt was the Quanttum Tunnel.  Hank Pym built that and Hank Pym is still alive, so he likely rebuilt it for them.

If you want the Stones in play, that's fine.  Technically anybody with access to Pym particles, a Quantum tunnel and one of Tony's Time GPS things could go back in time again and fetch one or all of them, but I think the Stones' role in the story as intact Stones is done now.

I will say that the Infinity Stones and Vision's corpse are two very different things.  Presumably Visions body was given to SWORD for "disposal" and that wasn't widely known.  Nobody said "Well, you know last week she grabbed Vision's corpse" because SWORD kept that info in house - probably because they video would have shown Vision's body in  pieces - and Vision had a few friends.  One of them was Hawkeye (granted he was more Wanda's friend than Vision's), who was fresh off of murdering the hell out of the worldwide criminal underworld.  Beyond that Vision's corpse was... a corpse.  No immediate concern there.

But if Wanda had knocked Cap over the head and grabbed the Stones(or whatever), there would be plenty of immediate concern.  There would have been a worldwide, possibly universe-wide "Be On the LookOut" for Wanda Maximoff and her new God Rocks.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

I think of the plaid thing as more of an Al thing. I guess Tim did too but he was more about wearing college branded shorts. Plus that was job related. He was much more relaxed at home.

I was talking about this look. To me that’s more of a Roseanne (Wanda) and Home Improvement (Vision) look out of the family sitcom parents.
I wonder if it was done to fit both eras and the next episode will pick up with the same outfits for the teaser. I find it interesting this is the first episode with a costume change. 

B67C943A-40B8-4949-8783-9243E1B2F0C7.jpeg

Edited by Guest
39 minutes ago, johntfs said:

If you want the Stones in play, that's fine.

I never said that. As I said, the timeline simply makes to possible if the writers wanted to go in that direction. If they did (I don’t think they will)  those other details are irrelevant. 

My larger point is that we don’t know definitively if or how some or any of the stones may be involved. One of the most interesting things about this show is it sits at a place in the timeline when they could do nearly anything.

28 minutes ago, johntfs said:

I will say that the Infinity Stones and Vision's corpse are two very different things.  Presumably Visions body was given to SWORD for "disposal" and that wasn't widely known. 

But doesn't that preclude the notion that Vision was (more or less) a person in his own right? Unless he was considered property, I don't see how he could be given to anyone, even after his death. In the case that he was considered property, Stark Industries still exists and at the time of the Snap was probably being run by Pepper and whoever else. I would think that Tony and/or Bruce would have measures in place to keep some government agency from swooping in and claiming what amounts to a sentient being, albeit a dead one. Even with Wanda dusted, I don't see Steve just turning over the body of someone he'd been doing everything he could to save.

At the very least, Vision died in Wakanda. Even if an agent of SWORD could get into the country amid all the chaos following T'Challa and Shuri being Snapped out of existence, then get out again with the body, they'd have still had to deal with the remaining Avengers. And probably do some heavy-duty lying, because if dissection/study/whatever else was the purpose, that wouldn't be information they'd be sharing. Given everything that had just happened, I have a difficult time thinking that the ones who were left wouldn't want to give Vision a hero's burial. So the How of him ending up in that lab is a big question mark.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

But doesn't that preclude the notion that Vision was (more or less) a person in his own right? Unless he was considered property, I don't see how he could be given to anyone, even after his death. In the case that he was considered property, Stark Industries still exists and at the time of the Snap was probably being run by Pepper and whoever else. I would think that Tony and/or Bruce would have measures in place to keep some government agency from swooping in and claiming what amounts to a sentient being, albeit a dead one. Even with Wanda dusted, I don't see Steve just turning over the body of someone he'd been doing everything he could to save.

At the very least, Vision died in Wakanda. Even if an agent of SWORD could get into the country amid all the chaos following T'Challa and Shuri being Snapped out of existence, then get out again with the body, they'd have still had to deal with the remaining Avengers. And probably do some heavy-duty lying, because if dissection/study/whatever else was the purpose, that wouldn't be information they'd be sharing. Given everything that had just happened, I have a difficult time thinking that the ones who were left wouldn't want to give Vision a hero's burial. So the How of him ending up in that lab is a big question mark.

Exactly. This episode confirmed Vision had a living will meaning he was considered a person with the right to make is own decisions. He would not be considered property. This is also backed up by his signing of the Sokovia Accords. If he was property he would not have had any say. His body should be wherever he wanted to go after death. 

35 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Well, maybe Vision's body was given a hero's burial and SWORD agents stole it later.  The Director doesn't explain how Vision's corpse came to be an SWORD's custody.  And Monica doesn't look pleased at its dismembered state.  She might well be wondering where that AI and nanotech came from.  I suspect that in the next couple of episode Monica is going to have some pointed questions for the director.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this ends with

Spoiler

Woo arresting the Director for grave robbery and corpse desecration.

• Love 1
On 2/6/2021 at 9:17 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, that too. Siblings always seem to get recast on shows for some reason. Or they disappear up a flight of stairs 😂

Tommy and Billy, instead of being SORASed, were WaVRASed 😄

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Hypothetically, Vision could have specified in his will that his body be donated for science, but forbid it to be used to develop weaponry.

Heck, hypothetically, he might have specifically willed it to SWORD. 

• Useful 1

The SWORD research work on Vision’s corpse looked pretty preliminary. If they’d had it for five years they should have been much further along. Also, Tony Stark was alive that whole period and (1) would have been a better candidate to be doing research about what Ultron made and (2) hopefully would have objected to SWORD having taken the body.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, arc said:

The SWORD research work on Vision’s corpse looked pretty preliminary. If they’d had it for five years they should have been much further along. Also, Tony Stark was alive that whole period and (1) would have been a better candidate to be doing research about what Ultron made and (2) hopefully would have objected to SWORD having taken the body.

The only facts we are presented with are that 9 days ago SWORD had Vision's body in a top-secret facility and Wanda broke in and stole it.

We don't know how SWORD got the body. We don't know how long it had the body. We don't even know for sure that the metallic parts we saw WERE the Vision's disassembled body (rather than, say, parts of an attempt to create a new synthezoid body). It seems to me that if SWORD were obviously doing something wrong and untoward with Vision's actual corpse as proved by video,, Hayward wouldn't have shared the video itself. He would have simply said, "Wanda broke into a top-secret SWORD faciilityand stole Vision's body.." The people all answer to him so he doesn't have to offer proof, and he clearly has no problem telling half-truths when it serves his purpose (see the drone). 

That it might seem preliminary is a guess. For all we know, the SWORD scientists had been working for five years on Vision. Or it took T'challa's return before diplomacy allowed SWORD to persuade the Wakandans to release the Vision's body to them. Or Vision's body was researched by other agencies before and now it's SWORD's turn.

Tony Stafk was on Titan immediately after the Snap and (presumably) presumed dead initially. In the time between the Snap and when Captain Marvel helped him get to Earth, the fate of Vision could have already been decided. And after his return, it seemed to me in Endgame, Tony had pretty much withdrawn from the world and heroism. Yes, it's also speculation on speculation on my part, but I would not be surprised if Tony was in no position mentally to be concerned about the welfare of Vision's corpse. It would not be entirely out of character even before his traumatic experienve in Infinity War and its aftermath to see Vision's corpse as a collection of circuitry and wires and to not care at all about what happens to those. 

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 3

Now I'm curious about what happened to all of Tony's Iron Man stuff and gadgets. Pepper runs Stark Industries but Avengers HQ is no more--is the Iron Legion just sort of hanging out in a warehouse somewhere?

6 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

The only facts we are presented with are that 9 days ago SWORD had Vision's body in a top-secret facility and Wanda broke in and stole it.

We don't know how SWORD got the body. We don't know how long it had the body. We don't even know for sure that the metallic parts we saw WERE the Vision's disassembled body (rather than, say, parts of an attempt to create a new synthezoid body). It seems to me that if SWORD were obviously doing something wrong and untoward with Vision's actual corpse as proved by video,, Hayward wouldn't have shared the video itself. He would have simply said, "Wanda broke into a top-secret SWORD faciilityand stole Vision's body.." The people all answer to him so he doesn't have to offer proof, and he clearly has no problem telling half-truths when it serves his purpose (see the drone). 

One minor nitpick is that Hayward could have showed the footage as "proof" that Wanda was dangerous, if only to outsiders like Monica and Jimmy. Because he was pressing Jimmy about Wanda's 'superhero' name, even though no one has ever referred to her as Scarlet Witch during her movie tenure, and presumably he fired on her because she walked into a government facility alone and knocked everyone unconscious with a wave of her hand. (Why he didn't remember that before he took a bunch of guys with guns to the barrier to face her I don't know, but whatever.) I don't think he and Monica spoke again after she demanded to know what he thought he was doing, so he never really had to own up to being a dummy.

6 minutes ago, Kate47 said:

Now I'm curious about what happened to all of Tony's Iron Man stuff and gadgets. Pepper runs Stark Industries but Avengers HQ is no more--is the Iron Legion just sort of hanging out in a warehouse somewhere?

I'm 99.99% sure this is going to explored eventually, because not one but TWO of the announced Disney+ projects seem to touch on this.  Armor Wars and Ironheart.  They're actually announced, so I think just mentioning them is okay.  But probably the general MCU thread over in Movies is the best place to press for more elaborate details. Or someone might have already made threads for the two projects.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Dani said:

I was talking about this look. To me that’s more of a Roseanne (Wanda) and Home Improvement (Vision) look out of the family sitcom parents.
I wonder if it was done to fit both eras and the next episode will pick up with the same outfits for the teaser. I find it interesting this is the first episode with a costume change. 

That look reads 80s to me.  I know there is a lot of overlap fashion wise from the late 80s to the early 90s, but Wanda's hair is too big for the 90s especially Roseanne.  Roseanne had tighter curls and bangs.  Even Agnes's second outfit reads 1987-1992

image.thumb.png.a9d3fba892c50ed61390f864e1e7d65c.png

• Love 2

I was going to post this article in the Media thread but didn't want to spoil the surprise for anyone who hasn't yet watched Episode 5. So I thought that posting this Marvel.com interview in this thread would be safer...

'WandaVision': Evan Peters Arrives in Westview as Wanda's Long-Lost Bro
Rachel Paige    February 8, 2021
https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/wandavision-evan-peters-pietro-arrival-interview 

Trying to wrap your head around what’s going on, just like the popsicle-, sorry, Vision? You’re not alone, as head writer Jac Schaeffer still can’t believe this is really happening, either.

“We loved the idea of [bringing him back],” Schaeffer told Marvel.com. “And then we were like, how in the world are we going to make this make logical sense? Like, how do we justify this? Because that's the thing, you can hatch a million great ideas, but to make them land, to make them be grounded, to make them feel organic to the larger story.”

The idea to do this came early on, from Schaeffer and executive producer Mary Livanos, who were determined to make this work. “This show is such a mind scramble, and because it's working on so many levels, and there's so many notions of what's real and what's not, and performance, and casting, and audience, and fandom, and all of that, we just thought it would be the biggest thrill to bring Evan over to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.”

This whole idea was easier said than done, as Schaeffer continued, “We thought like, how do we give him this entrance, and then enjoy that, and then make it crazy? And we had long had the idea of the trope of the brother, or the relative, or whoever comes to town and like, stirs things up with the family — that sitcom trope.”

Right from the get go, Peters was up for it. “We were rooting for it for so long, and didn't know if it would be possible,” Schaeffer explained. “It was complicated to make happen. Evan was always up for it — like, always, always, always. He is a comic book fan, and a Marvel fan. He is always up for the absolute weirdest option. And he's a pleasure — truly a pleasure to work with.”

“Everybody was really excited. I think Kevin [Feige, Marvel Studios president] wanted to make sure that there was a reason for it, that it made sense. And I hope that's what we did.”

Edited by tv echo
5 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

(Why he didn't remember that before he took a bunch of guys with guns to the barrier to face her I don't know, but whatever.)

Did he know it was Wanda he was going to face, though? My recollection is that someone shouts out "There's a breach!" and then SWORD rolls on the force field. It's not until they're already there that Wanda emerges. For all they knew, it could have been another Wanda-toss of a cast member.

And we had long had the idea of the trope of the brother, or the relative, or whoever comes to town and like, stirs things up with the family — that sitcom trope.”

This alone would almost justify the sitcom premise all by itself.

15 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Okay, so I know there's no way this is going to happen since they're only doing happy family sitcoms, but can we all agree that a Married With Children episode would be glorious?  

Wanda begging Vision for sex...and Vision disgusted by the prospect??? One hot twin that is a chick magnet and the other unremarkable???

1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

Okay, so I know there's no way this is going to happen since they're only doing happy family sitcoms, but can we all agree that a Married With Children episode would be glorious?  

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Wanda begging Vision for sex...and Vision disgusted by the prospect??? One hot twin that is a chick magnet and the other unremarkable???

Oh that would be so much fun. Doesn't fit the theme they're going for but, it would be a hoot.

1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

They could probably do something. After the fight this episode they could really hate each other like Al and Peg. If Vision walks through the front door and the studio audience goes crazy that will be a give away.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
17 hours ago, arc said:

I'm really thinking that Tony had Vision's body placed in a secure location. (I'm thinking Damage Control would have control of the body since Stark Industries had some degree of oversight there). Then Sword took advantage of Tony's death and the chaos from the people returning to obtain his body. So they probably only had it for two weeks or less before Wanda showed up.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Kromm said:

I'm 99.99% sure this is going to explored eventually, because not one but TWO of the announced Disney+ projects seem to touch on this.  Armor Wars and Ironheart.  They're actually announced, so I think just mentioning them is okay.  But probably the general MCU thread over in Movies is the best place to press for more elaborate details. Or someone might have already made threads for the two projects.  

Armor Wars has a forum here - Ironheart doesn’t appear to have one yet.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Dani said:

To me her look is very Elise Keaton from Family Ties.

• Love 2