Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: On A Very Special Episode...

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

In the comics, Sparky is a synthezoid dog created by Vision.

That's only half the story with Sparky. In the comics thread I dropped a link to an article that goes into the whole thing. 

• Love 1

It’s probably not going to be touched on but I’d think the loss of Steve and Natasha would be affecting her as well. Steve was the one who basically accepted her into the non-villainous path and served as a moral compass. He and Natasha were her family between 2015-2018 between the Avengers and through being on the run and risking their lives to save Vision. She’s lost them too and at a really bad time. If either or both were, especially Steve, there she might not be on this path. Clint is alive but he’d be reconnecting with his own family. But I don’t think they’ll even be mentioned. 

• Love 15
22 hours ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

Yeah, I'm so sure them housing Vision's corpse was strictly on the level. Can't blame Wanda for busting in and taking his body. The weird shit she's doing with said body is another story... 

Vision’s body was in wakanda so it makes you wonder how this agency no one knew about (?) just swooped in and took possession. And held onto it, doing lord knows what, for five years. Or did SWORD get it from some on else? How long have they even been around since they weren’t mentioned before except perhaps as a hint in the Far From Home stinger? Also if he had a living will, you’d think he had a medical POA. Who held that? Tony? I guess they swooped in on all the chaos and took advantage. Especially since Wakanda lost its king and his only sister. They probably had bigger issues to deal with than a dead android. I hope we get more info on those early days after the snap and immediately following Thanos’s defeat. 

• Love 5

Yeah...I mean, Wanda always had a complicated relationship with Tony, but Steve was a mentor figure for her and he is gone/old, Natasha was a teacher and she is dead, Vision was her boy friend and he is dead, which only leaves Sam (who was always closer to Steve than to anyone else, plus, he is most likely busy looking out for Bucky) and Clint (who is busy reconnecting with his family). From Wanda's perspective she lost nearly her while family within one day.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Wanda has not spoken with her accent since Age of Ultron. Her appearance out of the bubble was the first time she's used her accent since then

One of the reviews I watch pointed out that she had a bit if her accent come back in the Geraldine scene. 

• Love 2

It’s really striking how no one inside Westview drives, or at least not any named characters. Wanda and Vision walk everywhere in town. Vision walks to work. Wanda walks around the suburb to look for the dog. She and Agnes walked to Dottie’s. One of the fake title sequences showed W+V biking. I guess the doctor from ep 3 had a car, but it was rendered inoperable.

• Love 2

Thinking about Wanda in the real world it is interesting how much stronger her mind control powers have gotten. In AoU she had to touch Tony and Bruce to use her powers on them. Now she can use them on a bunch of people at once without getting near them.

I assume this is recent since otherwise why not use those powers in Civil War either on Crossbones or to get her friends to stop fighting. Or even in IW or End Game on Thanos's minions.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Thinking about Wanda in the real world it is interesting how much stronger her mind control powers have gotten. In AoU she had to touch Tony and Bruce to use her powers on them. Now she can use them on a bunch of people at once without getting near them.

She also sent out a signal to the citizens of Sokovia to evacuate. (I'm not the most tech savvy so I got it to start at Wanda's spot but couldn't stop it) When she was taking down Thanos I really felt that that was a demonstration of how powerful she is. 

Does she have the Mind Stone? I thought that was in Steve's possession but I'm guessing it took time to get the portal set up so maybe she does have it? There is one Vision's head, but I thought that was an illusion. Especially since we saw zombie Vision. But if she has possession of the Mind Stone that town wide possession does not seem out of her power. Eventually it will have to be returned.

5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

One of the reviews I watch pointed out that she had a bit if her accent come back in the Geraldine scene. 

Went back to watch the scene from Episode 3, and other than the Sokovian song and the pronunciation of "Pietro," I didn't hear the accent. People's mileage will vary.

If this Pietro really is Peter Maximof, the Quicksilver from the X-Men verse, having been yanked from his universe to be Wanda’s substitute twin, and this is how they are introduced the X-Men and the multiverse into the MCU, I gotta admit...this is totally not how I imagined them introducing the X-Men into this cannon. I wondered if and they would add mutants to the MCU, or if they would use the X-Men characters from the films or make new ones, but I never expected “introduced into this universe via surreal sitcom show where someone apparently can poke holes into the multiverse to add people to Wanda’s self insert fanfic/possible nervous breakdown.” If this is the case, this also definitely makes me think that this isn’t just Wanda in charge. Even now that she’s been shown to be insanely powerful, I don’t think she’s powerful enough yet to start playing grab and go with people all around the multiverse, so there is clearly someone who is a BIG deal, big enough to not only know about the multiverse but to affect it, who is behind this. 

• Love 3

I haven’t rewatched yet, but I gotta admit that I completely missed Vision having been dissected. Yikes. To find out the person you loved and killed to try to save the universe had been so desecrated . . . dude. And it had only been a couple of weeks for her after also losing Natasha and Steve on top of Vision. No wonder she went off the deep end.

I liked the juxtaposition position of SWORD’s acting as if Wanda is in complete control of what’s happening and our view of those instances where she really doesn’t seem to have control of everything. 

And it seems like Wanda herself believes she’s in control even if she doesn’t know how things started. She obviously has a great deal of control but there are increasing cracks in that control. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

If this Pietro really is Peter Maximof, the Quicksilver from the X-Men verse, having been yanked from his universe to be Wanda’s substitute twin, and this is how they are introduced the X-Men and the multiverse into the MCU, I gotta admit...this is totally not how I imagined them introducing the X-Men into this cannon. I wondered if and they would add mutants to the MCU, or if they would use the X-Men characters from the films or make new ones, but I never expected “introduced into this universe via surreal sitcom show where someone apparently can poke holes into the multiverse to add people to Wanda’s self insert fanfic/possible nervous breakdown.” If this is the case, this also definitely makes me think that this isn’t just Wanda in charge. Even now that she’s been shown to be insanely powerful, I don’t think she’s powerful enough yet to start playing grab and go with people all around the multiverse, so there is clearly someone who is a BIG deal, big enough to not only know about the multiverse but to affect it, who is behind this. 

The implications of this are MASSIVE! I was blown away even though I knew something like this was prob about to happen knowing that a multiverse was coming. 

I tried explaining all of this to my 11 year old who watched with me and she was so confused, lol. The gist of it was, this moment is what is setting off the next phase of marvel! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This fucking show, man. It takes me back to the Lost days when I'd get on TWoP every morning after the ep aired and spend hours reading everyone's thoughts and speculations. I'm obsessed!

But unlike Lost, one can trust that the WandaVision people have at least the current season mapped out and that we are getting and will get some actual answers to go along with the mysteries.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

That’s why I still am not convinced Pietro is Peter Maximoff but if he is wouldn’t that imply 

Spoiler

America Chavez is involved. It’s already been confirmed she’s in Doctor Strange 2 so it’s not a stretch she would be introducing here. 

I don’t think she’s powerful enough yet to start playing grab and go with people all around the multiverse, so there is clearly someone who is a BIG deal, big enough to not only know about the multiverse but to affect it, who is behind this. 

The premise of the animated Spider Verse movie was that anyone with enough resources and knowledge could open multiverse portals. Controlling them was a different problem...

• Love 2

If this Pietro really is Peter Maximof, the Quicksilver from the X-Men verse, having been yanked from his universe to be Wanda’s substitute twin, and this is how they are introduced the X-Men and the multiverse into the MCU, I gotta admit...this is totally not how I imagined them introducing the X-Men into this cannon.

I have a question. I haven't watched any X-Men movies but if Pietro was in them was Wanda? If so who played her?

I think there is someone else controlling some of this because when Wanda told Vision she didn't know how this all started, or something like that I believed her. And I don't think she's the one that brought her brother back.

How is Wanda not questioning her rapid pregnancy and kids that can age themselves? Did she really make herself pregnant? I know she's a witch but how?

Even though I have a lot of questions this is getting good and I'm enjoying it. 

• Love 1

Kathryn Hahn voiced Doc Oct in Spiderman Multiverse. I wonder if Agnes is Doc Oct.  In this episode, Agnes said that you can’t control kids, no matter how hard you try. Like others I think Agnes is involved and I wonder if the multiverses are coming together with Doc Oct and Quicksilver being drawn in. And I believe the Director has an idea that the multiverses are coming together because he caused it.

Edited by Dixie Sugarbaker
  • Love 1
On 2/5/2021 at 9:25 AM, paigow said:

And just to compound the confusion, Wanda was never a character in that franchise. Also that version of Pietro was an American teenage slacker, not a Sokovian refugee.

And

15 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I have a question. I haven't watched any X-Men movies but if Pietro was in them was Wanda? If so who played her?

Iirc, “Peter” had a sister in DoFP - looking at the credits on IMDb, there’s a character called “red haired girl” that I think is her.  However since she was never identified as “Wanda,” she was never a part of the X-Men franchise.

Edited by Chyromaniac
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I thinkthere is someone else controlling some of this because when Wanda told Vision she didn't know how this all started, or something like that I believed her. And I don't think she's the one that brought her brother back.

How is Wanda not questioning her rapid pregnancy and kids that can age themselves? Did she really make herself pregnant? I know she's a witch but how?

Elizabeth Olsen did a great job since I totally bought it when she said she doesn't know how this place got started. I really think she feels like now that she is in it she doesn't care because she got what she wanted. I wonder if that means someone is now siphoning off some of her powers for something worse. 

Also if Wanda can turn kevlar into 70's pants, can she turn say a rock into an infinity stone?

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I think there is someone else controlling some of this because when Wanda told Vision she didn't know how this all started, or something like that I believed her. And I don't think she's the one that brought her brother back.

Even though I have a lot of questions this is getting good and I'm enjoying it. 

IMO, all three main possibilities are live for who's behind this.

1. Wanda could have deliberately started all this and be straight up lying to Vision. Wanda is basically the only one who is making things happen in this world. 

2. Wanda could have started all this unwittingly and truly does not know how it got started or be in denial about how it got stared. Either Wanda is in pretty much 100 percent control, or someone/something else is intervening now that she has created Westview.

3. Some external force or forces started all this without Wanda's knowledge or involvement, and Wanda is telling the truth. Although Wanda has a fair amount of control, someone or something else is pulling strings, including Wanda's. 

Wanda is not questioning the rapid pregnancy and aging because a) she lives in a world where people can move things with their minds and phase through solid objects b) the old expression of not looking the gift horse in the mouth applies. and c) she's a little cray-cray right now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Some external force or forces started all this without Wanda's knowledge or involvement, and Wanda is telling the truth. Although Wanda has a fair amount of control, someone or something else is pulling strings, including Wanda's. 

The thing I wonder is if it is someone else who set it up, what are they getting out of this whole thing.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

1. Wanda could have deliberately started all this and be straight up lying to Vision. Wanda is basically the only one who is making things happen in this world. 

2. Wanda could have started all this unwittingly and truly does not know how it got started or be in denial about how it got stared. Either Wanda is in pretty much 100 percent control, or someone/something else is intervening now that she has created Westview.

I think there is also a scenario that combines 1 and 2 where Wanda started it deliberately and truly does not know. 

There is another scenario I could see happening where Wanda discovered something nefarious happening in Westview what we’re seeing is a result of two powerful individuals fighting each other. So it’s part Wanda and part someone else. Where no one person is fully aware or fully in control. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Dani said:

That’s why I still am not convinced Pietro is Peter Maximoff but if he is wouldn’t that imply 

I don't think he is either. I don't think he's an AU (X-Universe) Pietro, i don't think this is their way of bringing the X-Men into the MCU. Honestly I think it's a fun easter egg for them. "Pietro" is just going to be some guy from town "cast" as Pietro.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't think he is either. I don't think he's an AU (X-Universe) Pietro, i don't think this is their way of bringing the X-Men into the MCU. Honestly I think it's a fun easter egg for them. "Pietro" is just going to be some guy from town "cast" as Pietro.

I am kind of leaning toward that too. He is a guy playing Pietro the same way Norm is not actually Norm.

• Love 1
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

But then why not just cast any suitable actor (and have Wanda mistakenly think he's Pietro) instead of the actor who played him in another "universe"?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

But then why not just cast any suitable actor (and have Wanda mistakenly think he's Pietro) instead of the actor who played him in another "universe"?

Because it’s a fun Easter egg for fans. Any suitable actor wouldn’t have (most of) the audience immediately knowing he’a supposed to be her brother. 

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Also if Wanda can turn kevlar into 70's pants, can she turn say a rock into an infinity stone?

She could probably transmute it into a gemstone that resembled an Infinity Stone, but not endow it with the powers of an IS. All she is really doing with the kevlar vest is changing its appearance from one thing into another: it still retains its fundamental properties (ie, it is still a penetration resistant fiber; just pants now and not a vest).

At least, that appears to be what is happening.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

To f***with us. But the fact the audio description said in that scene "Wanda stares at the version of Pietro from the X-Men films" so I think that's a little more definitive. I still don't think that's the big cameo, though. I'd never even heard of that actor till this week, and also we still have 4 more episodes to go.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

The thing I wonder is if it is someone else who set it up, what are they getting out of this whole thing.

Control of the twins is the "endgame". The unseen mastermind needed Wanda to create them. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, lovett1979 said:

But the fact the audio description said in that scene "Wanda stares at the version of Pietro from the X-Men films" so I think that's a little more definitive.

I don’t consider that to be confirmation. It could just be the easiest way of explaining what was happening for people with vision issues. 

24 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

it still retains its fundamental properties (ie, it is still a penetration resistant fiber; just pants now and not a vest).

I agree this was the best way to explain Wanda just reshaped existing materials, but the nerd in me wants to point out the bulletproofness of a vest is founded on both the toughness of the fiber and how many layers are involved. That’s why bulletproof vests aren’t as thin as those pants.

also, the whole thing was completely unnecessary. Monica just did it to show off. She did it after checking the analysis that showed it was still mostly Kevlar. She coulda just showed them the screen too.

14 minutes ago, Dani said:

I don’t consider that to be confirmation. It could just be the easiest way of explaining what was happening for people with vision issues. 

Yes, it would have been unwieldy to say "standing at the door is Pietro, but he's now portrayed by Evan Peters, who is reprising the role from the X-Men movies.  But don't take that to mean this is the same character - tune in next week to find out!  P.S. - we own the rights to the X-Men now, so why not read up on them in the meantime?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This fucking show, man. It takes me back to the Lost days when I'd get on TWoP every morning after the ep aired and spend hours reading everyone's thoughts and speculations. I'm obsessed!

It's definitely taking me back to those days where a lot of people on TWOP made notes whilst watching, googled quotes and kept track of anything thing that could possibly be symbolism and there would be 10 pages of philosophical discussion that got disproved the next ep. Good times. 

I'm so glad this is being released weekly even though I want it all NOW!

The Infinity Stones were created at the dawn of the universe right? I don't think even Wanda is powerful enough to transfigure one out of a rock. It's possible that someone is using her and Vision to try and reverse engineer one though. Do different universes have their own versions and opening a doorway leads to more? I don't think Marvel will want to recreate the Infinity Saga in P4 but I think they are going to come into play here with the Mind Stone all over that Magic Cabinet in ep 2. If you think about it, what happened with Peter Pietro is the multiversal equivalent of "Geraldine" suddenly popping out of a magic doorway. 

"For the Children" is going to come back into play as well given it was after chanting that in unison that Wanda got pregnant along with Vision pointing out lack of children this ep. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

She could probably transmute it into a gemstone that resembled an Infinity Stone, but not endow it with the powers of an IS. All she is really doing with the kevlar vest is changing its appearance from one thing into another: it still retains its fundamental properties (ie, it is still a penetration resistant fiber; just pants now and not a vest).

It does raise the question about the energy of the infinity stones. The stones themselves were destroyed but that energy still exists and had to go somewhere. An ordinary stone can’t be changed into an infinity stone but the infinity stone could be reformed (at least in theory). 

4 minutes ago, Dani said:

It does raise the question about the energy of the infinity stones. The stones themselves were destroyed but that energy still exists and had to go somewhere. An ordinary stone can’t be changed into an infinity stone but the infinity stone could be reformed (at least in theory). 

The 2012 version of Loki is running around with an intact Space Stone... if he shows up in 2023 Westview, it might help Wanda in some way...

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, paigow said:

The 2012 version of Loki is running around with an intact Space Stone... if he shows up in 2023 Westview, it might help Wanda in some way...

Loki does have magic powers that he learned from Frigga different from an average Asgardian.

I really love this show. And I chuckle at the many criticisms (some valid) about the MCU having the same boring formula because they seem to be swinging for the fences with this.

I'd also like to write a thesis on Wanda's perfect world destabilizing as she moves through the TV eras just as TV sitcoms evolved and dealt with more and more complicated issues. 

I also think there's someone or possibly someones also involved here other than Wanda. Kathryn Hahn's too good to be just the stuck wacky neighbor. I can't decide if all the witch imagery is for Wanda or someone else. 

I'm going with Tommy and Billy are their own, real entities now who can't be controlled by Wanda, and that's awesome, because I've wanted live action 

Spoiler

Young Avengers

for a long, long time. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Penman61 said:

Because it's a fun easter egg and gets people talking. 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Because it's a fun easter egg and gets people talking. 

Plus it just plays into the already meta-nature of this show, being a show within a show, playing with television tropes and recasting and self-referential commentary.

• Love 2

Are we sure Vision was dissected? I am rewatching and while I can kind of see that it looks like he’d been taken apart on the video, wouldn’t Jimmy or Monica or Darcy said something about that? It just seems really odd to me that they’d be talking about Vision’s living will and desire not to be a weapon while looking at images of him cut up on tables in that lab. 

• Love 1

I finally watched the episode and tbh I'm super curious about the missing time between Wanda taking Vision back and creating Westview. Assuming it's her on the video, I would have imagined she'd want to raze SWORD to the ground after taking Vis back, but instead she...holes up and licks her wounds, creating this complex fantasy? There's gotta be something that turned her against vengance and toward contemplation, you know?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Kate47 said:

I finally watched the episode and tbh I'm super curious about the missing time between Wanda taking Vision back and creating Westview. Assuming it's her on the video, I would have imagined she'd want to raze SWORD to the ground after taking Vis back, but instead she...holes up and licks her wounds, creating this complex fantasy? There's gotta be something that turned her against vengance and toward contemplation, you know?

More evidence that another entity is controlling Wanda. She was manipulated into believing that Vision could be reanimated and a happily ever after family life would ensue.  Her zero body count interactions represent resistance against this control and struggle to face reality.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Plus it just plays into the already meta-nature of this show, being a show within a show, playing with television tropes and recasting and self-referential commentary.

Yeah, that too. Siblings always seem to get recast on shows for some reason. Or they disappear up a flight of stairs 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 2/5/2021 at 4:41 AM, paigow said:

Wanda has opened a portal to the FOX multiverse.... Super meta - we finally get a post credit scene, but only after the fake sitcom credits. 

This is the first time I didn't watch the credits. What was in the post credit scene?