Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: On A Very Special Episode...

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

That, I think, is not ambiguous at all. It is an acknowledgement by her that she is controlling the others and that she thinks she can control Vision too.

I’m not trying to convince you that you’re wrong. I just don’t think it’s that clear yet and there have been indicators that make it ambiguous. Wanda knows she has some control and she knows she has controlled Vision in the past. To me that doesn’t mean she is completely in control or aware of all the implications of what is happening. She may be but I am open to other possibilities. 

We’re barely at the halfway point and I feel some of what we are seeing is deliberate misdirection. I have seen people mentions Wizard of Oz references and feel like it’s a “pay no attention to that man behind the curtain” scenario. 

6 minutes ago, quazimodo said:

Anyone else curious about why Monica’s scan results were blank?

I am. I have a strong suspicion based on the comics and am very curious to see where that are going with it. 

9 hours ago, Featherhat said:

... that Wanda couldn't control the twins either by getting them to sleep with her...

Um, what? I can't even...

..magic or to stop them from growing. 

Phew! That was close.

Edited by Penman61
  • LOL 2

Man, every time I think I can't love the time jumps more than I do, the next episode proves me wrong!  The opening credits were my favorite yet, and I really loved how the episode captured the 80s feel and how the sitcoms in that era still had the silly jokes and puns, but could also dive into sappy, cheesy territory with all of the "special episode" tropes.  Take away all of the mystery and supernatural elements and the story about Wanda trying to teach her sons to move on after death would have felt right at home on any network show in the 80s.

So, it certainly looks like Wanda has some kind of control over everything that his happening and is being set up to being the antagonist on some levels, but I'm not sure she's going to end up being the actual villain.  It sounds like she sincerely didn't know about some of the aspects like how the rest of the town-folks are suffering under the mind control or some of the events (like Sparky's death), so I still suspect someone else is really pulling the strings and taken advantage of her grief.  Still suspect that the obvious choice is Agnes, since she always pops up right when things start to unravel.

Also, there is so going to more to the story of her attacking the S.W.O.R.D. base and stilling Vision's corpse from them.  It might not be completely 100% nefarious, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing something shady that made her take action.

Speaking of S.W.O.R.D., I'm so glad that Monica, Darcy, and Woo are around to keep things level-headed, because that agency is clearly dropping the ball here.  They're luckily Wanda really isn't the villain they are making her out to be, because if she was, it would have ended so much worse for them.

I do wonder how they acquired enough knowledge to do know how the battle in Endgame went down.  I guess someone blabbed it (hell, maybe even got a book deal out of it!)  I love how it apparently has turned people within the universe into fans outside of it, with Darcy and Woo remarking how either Wanda or Captain Marvel could have single-handily taken down Thanos, and only didn't because he had to resort to raining hellfire/using the Power Stone to scrape by.  Did notice Monica's face when Carol was brought up.  Potential set up for Captain Marvel 2?

Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany certainly did well in the films, but they are really bringing the house down here.  I'm glad they are getting more opportunities to really shine with these characters.

I figured Pietro was going to eventually pop up after all of the references, but I wasn't expecting it to be the Evan Peters version from the X-Men universe!  Certainly one way to end the episode!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Fiftyninth said:

Regarding “recasting” Pietro: With Vision, Wanda had his body. She didn’t have access to her brother’s corpse, though, so it makes sense that it she were involved in bringing a version of Quicksilver into Westview, it wouldn’t be the same version necessarily. 

If Wanda can reshape a standard issue SWORD uniform into 1960s and then 1970s clothes, she could probably physically reshape a random human into her Pietro. This would be a bonkers evil thing to do, but she could probably do it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, quazimodo said:

Anyone else curious about why Monica’s scan results were blank?

Both the scan result and the blood result seemingly were messed up. Seems likely that..

Monica's going in and out of the Hex barrier has changed her, probably allowing her to develop superpowers. In the comics, she has the ability to turn herself into various forms of energy on the electromagnetic spectrum

3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I do wonder how they acquired enough knowledge to do know how the battle in Endgame went down.  I guess someone blabbed it (hell, maybe even got a book deal out of it!)

I would tend to think that some of the surviving Avengers must have debriefed the intelligence agencies. The question would be how much was said and by who. Cap before he went to return the Stones? Hawkeye as a former SHIELD agent? All of them?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Are we sure that this even WAS Wanda in front of the bubble? I mean, if someone has the power to control a whole city, the same someone should have the power to pretend to be Wanda. I am just confused because we never actually saw what happened between the attack and her appearing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Are we sure that this even WAS Wanda in front of the bubble? I mean, if someone has the power to control a whole city, the same someone should have the power to pretend to be Wanda. I am just confused because we never actually saw what happened between the attack and her appearing.

I mean, it's hard to say for sure about much. I think it is interesting that Wanda in her appearance outside the Hex had the Sokovian accent that Wanda hasn't used since Age of Ultron. Could that be a sign of it being an impostor? Or could she have adopted it again to sound more threatening than the happy sitcom wife voice that she's been using? 

I think we're to take it for granted that was real Wanda, though. If we can't trust that what happens outside in the real world is real, then it's pretty unfair and frustrating.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt

So Full House = Two sweeping crane shots in the credits?

About what I expected actually.  The rest being almost 100% Family Ties was what I'd already primed myself for.

The rest (even the twist) was stuff I expected as well.  I'm not complaining or doing any kind of "worst episode ever" thing, because it was still interesting, but this was definitely a placeholder/setup episode.

I mean it was obvious the Director would be a dick.  It was strongly implied Monica would try to be the voice of reason.  The bit with Wanda walking out was spoiled in previews, although it hadn't been obvious it was this episode. The one real "reveal" with that, and you have to think about that, was how Wanda was DRESSED when she left the Hex.  As her normal self. 

The boys aging themselves, outside Wanda's control, was interesting and plays into the notion there's more going on.  But it isn't being posed as someone else besides Wanda aging them.  The implication is that they're clearly doing it themselves.

I also had predicted the Wanda/Vision fight, but it didn't pan out exactly as I thought.  She does actually er.... draw power on him but backs off.

Agnes of course is the most confusing thing.  Then again, it's strongly implied that ALL of the controlled people would be able to just ignore "magic" and proceed with the script.  The main difference with Agnes being that she can verbally acknowledge it. Sort of.

Monica DID confirm that as violent as her ejection looked, she believes Wanda deliberately made sure she didn't get hurt.

The one big character note with Monica was actually not even limited to this show. Her reaction to the name Captain Marvel wasn't just surprise, there was more there.  I'm speculating that when Captain Marvel 2 starts Monica is not going to be in a happy place with Carol Danvers.  There's going to be something, like resentment about how long she stayed away, or didn't have a magic alien cure for her cancer or something.

I talked in a previous spoiler section how Evan Peters was supposed to appear and the implication was it was as someone besides Quicksilver.  I think arguably that DID happen here.  First, whoever is wearing that face supposedly did it without Wanda's knowledge.  But is he another person mindwiped into playing the part or is he perhaps the actual OTHER Quicksilver drawn across realities by someone er... Devilish.  I still keep expecting there to be someone steering this, and so...

2 hours ago, swanpride said:

2 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I mean, it's hard to say for sure about much. I think it is interesting that Wanda in her appearance outside the Hex had the Sokovian accent that Wanda hasn't used since Age of Ultron. Could that be a sign of it being an impostor? Or could she have adopted it again to sound more threatening than the happy sitcom wife voice that she's been using? 

I think we're to take it for granted that was real Wanda, though. If we can't trust that what happens outside in the real world is real, then it's pretty unfair and frustrating.

The other incongruity is how she's dressed.  She's dressed like Wanda Maximoff.  The real non-sitcom one I mean.

There are a few strong possible explanations.

1.) it means nothing and is an arbitrary wardrobe decision by the show

2.) it is literally how Wanda was dressed when she entered the place and it's just a more active transformation than things she tosses out and leaves as is. She leaves, she's in control, so she transforms it back to modern Wanda.

3.) it is the suggested imposter covering for her.  The question would be then why that imposter chose to threaten but not kill.

The accent would be easier to explain.  If it's really her I doubt she'd think it was more threatening.  The sitcom voice isn't specifically about pretending she isn't dangerous.  It's really no different than her later movie voice.  It's mostly about helping to erase the trauma of her past. I'd say she fell into the accent because she was under stress.  It wouldn't even be surprising if we see her do the same thing inside the Hex if more stuff keeps threatening her control of this delusion.  

Of course "recast" Pietro is a bone being tossed at her as a different way to erase her past.

3 hours ago, arc said:

If Wanda can reshape a standard issue SWORD uniform into 1960s and then 1970s clothes, she could probably physically reshape a random human into her Pietro. This would be a bonkers evil thing to do, but she could probably do it.

Yes, but it's worth noting this DIDN'T look like the Pietro she knows.  And she even knows this.  She acknowledges him as Pietro, but clearly is unsure.

So there's no reason to believe this person was physically transformed.  Either he's a different person who's brain was overwritten (but still looks like himself) or he's the version of Pietro from a different reality (in other words, the X-Men films) dragged over somehow (THEN probably brainwashed).  Or option 3, he's a bad guy intentionally acting like he's Pietro, albeit one with a different face.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

That Wanda basically changed dress when she left the bubble is an interesting point. Why should she do that? Monica's clothes stayed the same, why should Wanda bother?

Okay, most likely this is just for dramatic effect, but still, it is kind of odd. And Wanda sometimes seems to be genuinely confused about the situation.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Kromm said:

So there's no reason to believe this person was physically transformed. 

Right, my point was that because this Pietro doesn’t look like hers, it argues against her consciously or even unconsciously being responsible for his appearance in Westview.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dani said:

I’m not trying to convince you that you’re wrong. I just don’t think it’s that clear yet and there have been indicators that make it ambiguous. Wanda knows she has some control and she knows she has controlled Vision in the past. To me that doesn’t mean she is completely in control or aware of all the implications of what is happening. She may be but I am open to other possibilities. 

It's possible she's not quite in control of the other residents - she can rewind them but maybe she isn't actively suppressing their true selves.  That being said, if she came out and said I'm done with this and flies away there's no reason for whoever set this up to keep everyone trapped. 

However, she is unquestionably lying to Vision.  Maybe if she tells him everything he'll choose to follow along, but for now she's deprived him of that choice and is "handling things".  Robbing someone of their agency is kind of a bastard move, no matter how sympathetic the motives are.

• Love 2

"Lagos.  For when you make a mess you didn't mean to."

Pietro doesn't have his accent.

I wonder, if she gave Vision super speed, that means that Pietro doesn't have it any more,

Spoiler

The boys were supposedly created by shards of Mephisto's soul.  Will he be showing up sometime soon?

Edited by saoirse
spoiler tag added to spec based on comics
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

It's possible she's not quite in control of the other residents - she can rewind them but maybe she isn't actively suppressing their true selves.  That being said, if she came out and said I'm done with this and flies away there's no reason for whoever set this up to keep everyone trapped. 

However, she is unquestionably lying to Vision.  Maybe if she tells him everything he'll choose to follow along, but for now she's deprived him of that choice and is "handling things".  Robbing someone of their agency is kind of a bastard move, no matter how sympathetic the motives are.

Maybe we have kind of a double level of misdirection here.  Or maybe it's even more.

Wanda believes she's in control. Clearly to a large degree she is.  

But even she acknowledges she didn't start this.  While it's possible she's lying, she really has no reason to.

Wanda when angry implies she CAN control Vision.  Clearly to some degree she has.  He's following a script.  It's not clear who's head the script is coming out of, but Vision IS clearly saying words at times to forward the script.  Or when he doesn't, Wanda Glitches him.  Until this episode, where apparently she couldn't anymore.

Wanda has little to no control over the children.  It's also unclear if the dog dying was part of a sitcom script or not. Agnes' role in this is AGAIN super-hinky, like a lot of stuff with her. Agnes was able to "break" and suffer no consequences for it.  Agnes, like all of the residents, probably CAN ignore stuff to further the script, but at several points clearly acts like she doesn't HAVE to.

This episode had very few other neighbors.  Besides the people at the office (more on that in a moment) was the Mailman really the only other one other than Agnes?  So it's still not clear if Agnes ability to break is now held by others.  The scene in the office is an exception. That was clearly about Vision specifically TOTALLY driving someone out of the sitcom.

My point is that this didn't start with Vision. And maybe this episode was about specifically proving to us that she's losing whatever control she had.  She didn't grow the kids. She didn't drive Agnes' actions. She didn't kill the dog.  She didn't have Vision go so far off script.  She didn't have a weird duplicate of her dead brother show up.

• Love 9

I also think the her, Norm was talking about isn't Wanda. She's the one in control and probably manipulated a broken Wanda into staying in this reality. So Wanda is aware but doesn't care that others are being hurt as long as she gets her happy family life. Now complete with a recast Pietro. 

Its interesting that Wanda recognizes him as her brother. That also leads to someone else being the real controller. 

I wonder what happened between Monica and Carol. Carol is out there protecting other planets, Earth isn't the only planet. Even the Avengers seem to think it is.

Monica not being able to be scanned. Uhmm. She also seems uniphased by that. I know she's been dealing with powers and aliens since she was a kid but you'd think she'd be somewhat interested in that. Unless she already knows why. 

• Love 3

So, I had a battle with sleeping last night and when I found myself awake at 1:30, I decided to check to see if the new WandaVision was up. It was.

My post earlier in this thread was immediately after watching at 2 something am. And weirdly, I didn't have any problems sleeping after that. Hm.

Anyway.

I, too, wondered why no one pointed out the elephant in the room regarding what SWORD was doing with Vision's body. Because that was not breaking into a tomb and running away with a mummy or something. Shit was going on in that room. And Wanda went in there with PURPOSE. I don't think that purpose was to steal and resurrect a body that was just in state somewhere. In fact, I'm not entirely convinced that Wanda did the resurrecting. Especially when it came to Sparky's demise and Agnes going 'You can do that?' But at the same time, when the boys were asking Wanda to 'bring him back' and then Vision came onto the scene 'bring who back?' Look, this could be straightforward as all get out and Wanda did resurrect them (although the questions as to how she could do that are brought up in series and they remain) but the questions are there for me.

Agnes' place in all of this is the one I'm really wondering about. They still haven't identified her and that's noticeable because they've identified everyone else and she's looming large throughout the whole series.

Director Dickhead full on fucked around and found out. Even if Wanda is a villain here and I'm not convinced this was some master plan of hers (I actually believe when she said she has no idea how this all started in the first place) but even if she is the villain the entire scene of her coming out of the Hex and confronting SWORD was fucking awesome. Also, I love the Hex. A) Darcy's reason for calling it that makes sense and B) and full on shout out to Wanda's Hex Bolts which were her original powers back during the Silver Age. I mean, they covered a wide spectrum of abilities like altering probability and nullifying other powers for a brief time but they were called Hexes or Hex Bolts pretty early on. So even if she doesn't have a 'funny nickname' they are fleshing her abilities out a bit more.

The fight between Vision and Wanda was good stuff. Elizabeth and Paul are super killing it. They really are. Vision doesn't remember his life before Westview, Wanda doesn't know how any of this started... there is more to this story and I am so here for it. I never thought I was going to be invested in them but then Infinity War happened and I was stunned to care that much about them from so few scenes. This is furthering that... I find I am invested in them and I don't know how this will turn out and I really really like that.

As to the cameo... all I had heard was that there was one and it was huge. I certainly entertained a few thoughts... some of which were way out there and I did NOT expect it to happen in this episode. Ian McKellan crossed my mind as waaaaay out there even if it didn't make any real sense to me because Wanda's heritage in the MCU is not what is in 616 and even with the MCU's success they changed Wanda's connections to Magneto in 616. Hell, in current X-Men continuity she is referred to as 'The Pretender Wanda Maximoff' and considered an enemy to the mutant nation of Krakoa. I considered the possibility of Chris Evan's Steve simply because he was the first to recognize exactly who she and Pietro were in Ultron and actually listened to them when they turned on Ultron. But I figured that was a long shot, too.

Honestly, I figured the most likely was Dr. Strange coming in at the end as it's been made clear she's figuring into the next Strange movie in a big way. But I did NOT expect Evan Peters' Pietro AT ALL. THAT was a huge surprise and I LOVED it.

I am so into this show.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I also think the her, Norm was talking about isn't Wanda.

I'd actually been thinking the same thing.

We DO have at least one other candidate who's female he could have been talking about.  Possibly two.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Really intrigued when Agnes thought Wanda would automatically rerun the scene, interesting. And I think she did notice everything changing she just didn't comment on it because she's aware to a certain extent of what's going on. She always was though, when she referred to Wanda as "the star of the show" in the 60s.

But when we were first introduced to Dottie, Agnes said that she runs the town.

8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Wanda just straight up punched a hole in the multiverse and pulled out a new Pietro to recast!

I don't think this was her doing.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I am still thinking that Agnes knows way more than she is letting on. She always seems to be showing up to drive plots, like helping with the dinner in the first episode, getting Wanda to join the parents group in the second, she was replaced by Monica in the third episode, but then this week she was pushing the dog narrative, bringing in the dog house and then her bushes apparently killed him, which lead to the boys asking Wanda to bring the dig back, because these kids haven't seen pet cemetery yet. I also thought it was interesting that, when Vision actually got through to "Norm" for a second, he said it was "her" in his head and in charge of everything. Not "Wanda" or "Your wife" it was "her", and I think that they are being vague about that for a reason.  

The scenes with Agnes and the dog was so creepy. The whole thing was pushing Wanda to commit further to the illusion. To chose once again to reject grief and death and live in fantasy. Wanda telling the boys not to run from grief felt like her beginning to reject the illusion. Then, of course, just when Vision was getting through to her she is presented with a facsimile of her dead brother. 

6 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

As to the cameo... all I had heard was that there was one and it was huge. I certainly entertained a few thoughts... some of which were way out there and I did NOT expect it to happen in this episode.

This probably isn’t that cameo. That was one that hadn’t leaked and a Evan Peters appearance was spoiled a couple of weeks ago. 

49 minutes ago, Kromm said:

It's also unclear if the dog dying was part of a sitcom script or not. Agnes' role in this is AGAIN super-hinky, like a lot of stuff with her.

28 minutes ago, Dani said:

The scenes with Agnes and the dog was so creepy.

I saw that scene as Agnes murdering the dog, straight up. The dog seemed to be able to detect magic (and/or intrusions from outside) and Agnes clearly does not appreciate that. I hope Wanda goes John Wick on her.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, arc said:

I don’t remember the dog doing anything special. I do think that outlet shooting sparks might have been Agnes’ first attempt on his life.

That was a weird moment.  Ostensibly it was to give the dog that name but it could indeed have also been an attempted Canine Murder.

The name of course has several levels of meaning.  Electricity, sure.  But also one that gets into actual comic book stuff, so I'll only briefly allude to it here and say that there's a Sparky the Dog that specifically ties to Vision and there are elements to that story that are directly echoed here.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

Yeah, I'm so sure them housing Vision's corpse was strictly on the level. Can't blame Wanda for busting in and taking his body. The weird shit she's doing with said body is another story... 

I am confused. First, after IW and in the beginning in Endgame it was Black  Widow that was in charge. Wouldn't they have Vision's body at Avenger's HQ? After HQ was destroyed, one would think that Vision's body would still be with where ever the Avengers are hanging their hat. There is still, Falcon, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Prof Hulk, Ant Man, etc still in business. Someone would have set up shop somewhere. Second, Wanda was reclaiming the body after Sword decided to start doing experiments. Hayward himself said that Vision didn't want his body to be used as a weapon. Then WTF are you doing with his body asshole?

Next, in regards to the Sakovia Accords, I found this awesome video on youtube where an actual lawyer reviews the Accords.  IMHO, Cap was correct in NOT signing the Accords. Second, if Vision is considered property, he still then "belongs" to Stark Enterprises and shouldn't have been taken by Sword.  (I don't think the Avengers gave him up willingly.)

I was hoping for more Full House references: "Door is always open!" or a let's hug it out moment. Otherwise, WOW on this episode. I think I have to rewatch it as they all did a wonderful job.  I don't think Norm is referring to Wanda but someone else.  Agnes defiantly knows what is going on but how much she is in control again, undecided. Damn, I want it to be next Friday already!

• Love 5

Hello all - general spec is fine in the episode topic, but if you're going to speculate based on the comics, please consider taking it to the MU/MCU topic or spoiler tagging it in here. Some spoiler tags have been added in here, since they bring up questions whose answers aren't in the movies or from the episodes aired so far. Thank you!

• Love 1

So if Wanda took Visions body 9 days ago, its only been a few days?

I was spoiled about Evan Peter's, but I thought he'd be playing one of Wanda's kids, not playing Quicksilver from the X-Men movies. 

They were talking about how Wanda was destroying Thanos and that's because he killed Vision. I can't imagine what she would do the person that takes Vision and her kids.

• Love 5

I'm wondering if the Vision's amnesia is due to limits on Wanda's powers. It makes sense from what we're seeing that she could fix his body. (To some degree at least). However, his brain was damaged when the mind stone was pulled out of his head. I'm guessing that restoring memories erased by the trauma is impossible for her.

I'm also wondering about the odds that Hayward happened to send Monica to Westview. My guess is that he knew (at least roughly) where Wanda was and used Agent Woo's request for a drone as an excuse to send Monica there.

Just now, Sakura12 said:

I've been wondering about that since the last episode. Sword saw the 'first' episode, so it's almost as if the story didn't start until they were monitoring the broadcast. What was happening before that?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, JessePinkman said:

Why did Vision saying "I'm scared" get me so emotional? 13 years ago he was just a voice. Wow this episode completely bowled me over.

Because a full-grown, extremely powerful being who shows people nothing but kindness admitting fear is terrifying and sad. And Paul Bettany is very talented.

I think Wanda took Vision's body to try to prevent him from being used as a weapon. SWORD guy seems deeply untrustworthy. I could see her building the whole world around protecting him and finding comfort by creating a sitcom world unintentionally, especially if she grew up on old American reruns. They were trying to keep Vision alive without the mind stone, so I can see her resurrecting him without it. And the constant slight rewinding of reality makes sense in her grief since that's what Thanos did when she tried to kill Vision herself to save him in Infinity War.

I think there's something interesting if there's no children in Westview. Did Wanda pull people into Westview or take over a town? Because if she took over a town I'd feel like the children who live there would have to be somewhere else because she wouldn't subject them to this after her own childhood trauma. But then they would have to be somewhere. But the children or lack there of is significant. 

Is the "she" Agnes?

12 minutes ago, Captain Carrot said:

What was happening before that?

The thrilling days of radio?

• Love 5

That was a crazy episode. Especially the Wanda/Vision fight. Especially since you have to figure that was probably their first fight as a couple. They were together for 2 years in IW and it was a probably just super hot long distance/fugitive hook ups where they both let everything go because they are happy to see each other.

13 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Heh, maybe some security camera from the compound were still active in the wreckage or drones/satellites above the battle?

We know that the Iron Man suit has the ability to film things. So it makes it easy to assume he was filming the whole battle. Pepper and Rhody too probably.

9 hours ago, Capricasix said:

The kitchen and living room were almost a mirror image of those sets in Family Ties.

The layout of the kitchen was also a lot more like the first episode than the last few have been. What with the island and those weird shutters.

1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Second, if Vision is considered property, he still then "belongs" to Stark Enterprises and shouldn't have been taken by Sword.  (I don't think the Avengers gave him up willingly.)

If Vision is considered property and not alive how the hell would you even determine ownership. His operating system is Stark for sure. But his body is made of twice stolen vibranium which was put together using that scientist lady's tissue building machine.

Lastly how exactly would getting into Agnes's garden kill the dog?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

I am confused. First, after IW and in the beginning in Endgame it was Black  Widow that was in charge. Wouldn't they have Vision's body at Avenger's HQ? After HQ was destroyed, one would think that Vision's body would still be with where ever the Avengers are hanging their hat. There is still, Falcon, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Prof Hulk, Ant Man, etc still in business. Someone would have set up shop somewhere.

It was mentioned that Vision had a living will. His body was probably taken wherever he wanted. After that I imagine Sword found some way to get him. With everything going on I can’t imagine Vision’s body was a top priority for what was left of the Avengers. 

33 minutes ago, Captain Carrot said:

I've been wondering about that since the last episode. Sword saw the 'first' episode, so it's almost as if the story didn't start until they were monitoring the broadcast. What was happening before that?

There’s a lot of timeline inconsistencies suggesting that what we see outside Westview may not be as linear as it first appears. We know whatever is happening can effect people outside the town so you really can’t 100% trust the sequence of events we’re seeing. 

7 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

She said he ate azalea leaves. They’re poisonous to pets. 

Edited by Guest

So far I got Pietro being the surprise cameo...wrong actor though, this one sucks...you suck X-Universe! 😂. I will say this, I believe Wanda pulled him in. She told the boys that she had a brother and he was really far away. 

I got Wanda stealing Vision's body and, Wanda exiting the barrier.

I still feel like this show is doubling and tripling down on Wanda being behind all of this. We have Monica saying it's all Wanda, we have the inside knowledge that she heard Wanda's voice in her head and felt her emptiness that Wanda is acting out of grief.

We have Wanda exiting the the Hex (good one MCU) and threatening Hayward (jerk). We have her flat out stating she has everything she wants and won't let anyone take it from her again, we have. 

We also have Darcy saying Wanda is editing the broadcast. We have Wanda saying she can control vision the same that she can control everyone else (paraphrase). Agnes seems more scared of Wanda than anything but, she's also more aware of what's going on. 

We also have Wanda actually sending Vision to work on a Saturday (basically changing the day for everyone in town) to a Monday in order to distract Vision. 

At this point, I think the only people Wanda isn't controlling and can't control are the Twins.  

I also had the weirdest realization during this episode, it was during the opening credits. WandaVision, yes it's a play on their names, it's also a play on the TV she's broadcasting and it's a play on what she's doing...this is Wanda's Vision of happy family life.

Bravo MCU!

• Love 1

The sheer number of possibilities in this show seems unbounded.  And that's freaky.  We've crossed so many lines here:
- Vision has apparent sentience and independence without the mindstone.
- Her 'brother' recast is from the 1960's (unless his character doesn't age).  Which means temporal anomaly in addition to potentially multiverse.
- SWORD seems shady - and within the cinematic MCU, we've never heard of them before.

WHERE THE HELL ARE WE?  Is this still the Endgame universe?  Seems like it but... IDK.  

As for Wanda - between the pain and confusion and moments of both control and non-control, I still have faith in her until I see her make a choice that I can't support.  I don't know if she IS hurting people.

I also found it interesting that Monica's Kevlar jacket became her clothes.  There seems to be a conservation of matter principle at work (which, give how much weird shit is happening, is odd).

Finally, SHE GAVE BIRTH to mutant children who grow at will.  They gestated in less than a full day.  This shit is not all within Wanda's control. And given Vision's non-human nature -- who is the Baby Daddy?  And did Wanda CONSENT?

• Love 2

I had a feeling of what was gonna happen and I was still mind blown when it happened! 

WandaVision is setting the stage for the next phase of Marvel!

I don’t think Wanda is the villain but she is a culprit. She admits that she doesn’t know how this all started.

I think someone or something somehow took control of Wanda and is using her to some end. She admitted she didn’t know how she got there and how this is all happening. 

I think whatever is using her had her steal Visions body to placate her cause it’s established that subconsciously people are aware of what’s happening, so to appease Wandas subconscious, they created this idyllic life and when she became aware, she had vision so she went with it. 

The moment Vision is getting through to her and she’s starting to doubt whatever is controlling Westview sends in the ringer...her brother! Except they had to pull him from another universe cause her Pietro is dead and buried and decayed. She can’t bring back the dead. Or at the very least she recognizes how that shouldn’t be messed with. Hence why I don’t believe she consciously stole vision and “brought him back from the dead”.

Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettney are fantastic and are playing the heck out of these characters. 

I loved the Family Ties shout outs, including the “sit sparky sit! Good dog!” Lol. That was fun explaining to my 11 year old. 

It took my a while to calm down from this episode, I love where they are going with this. 

Did anyone notice how in the “real world” wandas accent came back? Lol

Edited by moonorchid
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, moonorchid said:

I don’t think Wanda is the villain but she is a culprit. She admits that she doesn’t know how this all started.

I think someone or something somehow took control of Wanda and is using her to some end. She admitted she didn’t know how she got there and how this is all happening.

Agreed. When Wanda hijacked Banner and forced him to fight Iron Man, the same logic applies.  Banner was forgiven by the team. Wanda will eventually be forgiven / redeemed 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bettername2come said:

Because a full-grown, extremely powerful being who shows people nothing but kindness admitting fear is terrifying and sad. And Paul Bettany is very talented.

I think Wanda took Vision's body to try to prevent him from being used as a weapon. SWORD guy seems deeply untrustworthy. I could see her building the whole world around protecting him and finding comfort by creating a sitcom world unintentionally, especially if she grew up on old American reruns. They were trying to keep Vision alive without the mind stone, so I can see her resurrecting him without it. And the constant slight rewinding of reality makes sense in her grief since that's what Thanos did when she tried to kill Vision herself to save him in Infinity War.

I think there's something interesting if there's no children in Westview. Did Wanda pull people into Westview or take over a town? Because if she took over a town I'd feel like the children who live there would have to be somewhere else because she wouldn't subject them to this after her own childhood trauma. But then they would have to be somewhere. But the children or lack there of is significant. 

Is the "she" Agnes?

The thrilling days of radio?

Ooh, remember the creepy mantra of “For the children”? Maybe the real Big Bad has the children while these adults get held hostage in Wanda’s story. 

• Love 4

Best episode so far. So much cool stuff happening. The "shall we take it from the top" sequence with Agnes at the beginning was creepy af.

I thought Wanda had already been named the Scarlet Witch in the MCU, but I guess I was wrong. And how dare she recast her brother? lol

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Pietro doesn't have his accent.

The X-Men’s Quicksilver is American, not Sokovian. He wouldn’t have an accent. Of course, I highly doubt that the MCU Quicksilver would have an accent in Westview either, considering Wanda doesn’t.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

I am confused. First, after IW and in the beginning in Endgame it was Black  Widow that was in charge. Wouldn't they have Vision's body at Avenger's HQ? After HQ was destroyed, one would think that Vision's body would still be with where ever the Avengers are hanging their hat. There is still, Falcon, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Prof Hulk, Ant Man, etc still in business. Someone would have set up shop somewhere. Second, Wanda was reclaiming the body after Sword decided to start doing experiments. Hayward himself said that Vision didn't want his body to be used as a weapon. Then WTF are you doing with his body asshole?

Next, in regards to the Sakovia Accords, I found this awesome video on youtube where an actual lawyer reviews the Accords.  IMHO, Cap was correct in NOT signing the Accords. Second, if Vision is considered property, he still then "belongs" to Stark Enterprises and shouldn't have been taken by Sword.  (I don't think the Avengers gave him up willingly.)

So there are a lot of possibilities as to Vision's resting place.

Vision was killed in Wakanda along with numerous Wakandans attempting to fight off Thanos, and then the Snap happened.

One natural possibility would be that Okoye (or whoever took over Wakanda) would create a memorial right there where the Battle of Wakanda was fought and that Vision's remains would be left there.

Or, because Vision died an Avenger, his body could have been taken to Avengers HQ. 

In any case, SWORD could have either asked or simply stolen the remains from wherever they were. We don't know how long SWORD had him, just that they had him 9 days ago. 

If you take Hayward at his word and want to think well of SWORD, Vision could have spelled out in his will ways in which his body could be used for research after his passing that have nothing to do with weapons and SWORD could have been honoring those wishes. .If you don't, well, SWORD could just be hypocritical. It's OK for us to disassemble him for use in research, but not for someone who supposedly loved him!

5 minutes ago, rwlevin said:

The X-Men’s Quicksilver is American, not Sokovian. He wouldn’t have an accent. Of course, I highly doubt that the MCU Quicksilver would have an accent in Westview either, considering Wanda doesn’t.

Wanda has not spoken with her accent since Age of Ultron. Her appearance out of the bubble was the first time she's used her accent since then.

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I would think that Westview had only been a thing for a few days just because someone would notice when a whole town disappears.

2 hours ago, Captain Carrot said:

I'm wondering if the Vision's amnesia is due to limits on Wanda's powers. It makes sense from what we're seeing that she could fix his body. (To some degree at least). However, his brain was damaged when the mind stone was pulled out of his head. I'm guessing that restoring memories erased by the trauma is impossible for her.

I'm also wondering about the odds that Hayward happened to send Monica to Westview. My guess is that he knew (at least roughly) where Wanda was and used Agent Woo's request for a drone as an excuse to send Monica there.

It could be that Wanda is limited in what memories she can restore because she doesn't have the Mind Stone, or it could be that she has suppressed/wiped his mind just like she (or someone/thing) has suppressed the personalities of the regular townspeople.

I mean, I suppose that he could have known of the theft of Vision and had some means of tracking Wanda and Vision to Westview. But why send Monica in particular? 

My theory is that there were variations of the episodes running from before SWORD came on the scene. It was like Groundhog Day with the episodes, or just countless reruns.

2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Agnes claims that the dog at leaves off of her azalea bushes. Googling shows that those are indeed toxic to dogs and other pets.

But the thing is that it seems that the description is that the toxicity is more like, "they'll die within days and you can save them if you get them treatment" as opposed to I found him and he was already dead, as Agnes made it seem. I'm thinking it's pretty clear that Agnes killed Sparky, perhaps to test whether Wanda would try to bring Sparky back. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Wanda has not spoken with her accent since Age of Ultron. Her appearance out of the bubble was the first time she's used her accent since then.

That’s supposed to be because Wanda learned to hide her accent when she was training to be an Avenger. She still had a very faint accent before WandaVision. She’s dropped it entirely for the show while in the sitcom world. I’m guessing Olsen went back to the original accent to show Wanda’s done hiding who she is. 

1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

It could be the kids.

Yeah I just theorized this elsewhere. The kids are the ones Wanda told the story about her brother being far far away to. But they're also the ones she told you can revive the dead to. 

• Love 1