Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: On A Very Special Episode...

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Machiabelly said:

This is the first time I didn't watch the credits. What was in the post credit scene?

The X-Men actor showing up to play Pietro was the post credit scene. It was a post credit scene in Wanda's show rather than the Disney + one.

• Love 3

While I was watching I was thinking that little Billy reminded me of Evan Peters and like wouldn't it be cool if they got him to play the grown up version and then Boom! Evan Peters. I was looking for that, lol. Just not the way it happened.

Well, should it turn up again, it would have certainly changed.

It's not that I disagree that there is a lot of walking happening in that city, but then, it is supposed to be a small town. I guess to me it doesn't look that odd because on a space that small, most people would walk. Remember, the doctor had a car when he intended to leave town, but never got around to use it. And for what else would you need a car other than to enter or leave town?

• Love 1

With all the talk about the MCU and the X-Men crossing over, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about this jaw-dropper, revealed during the briefing about Wanda:

wanda.png.97c30ddda34cc013c1996e030e954bc5.png

Yes, "A113"...

...proof that Wanda Maximoff is part of the Pixar universe.  😮

Edited by tkc
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I really love this show. And I chuckle at the many criticisms (some valid) about the MCU having the same boring formula because they seem to be swinging for the fences with this.

I'd also like to write a thesis on Wanda's perfect world destabilizing as she moves through the TV eras just as TV sitcoms evolved and dealt with more and more complicated issues. 

I also think there's someone or possibly someones also involved here other than Wanda. Kathryn Hahn's too good to be just the stuck wacky neighbor. I can't decide if all the witch imagery is for Wanda or someone else. 

I'm going with Tommy and Billy are their own, real entities now who can't be controlled by Wanda, and that's awesome, because I've wanted live action 

Hide contents

Young Avengers

for a long, long time. 

You and my daughter both! She’s been practically crying in excitement at the idea ever since the trailers showed Wanda pregnant and then with the two bassinets. 

• Love 2

7 hours ago, bethy said:

Are we sure Vision was dissected? I am rewatching and while I can kind of see that it looks like he’d been taken apart on the video, wouldn’t Jimmy or Monica or Darcy said something about that? It just seems really odd to me that they’d be talking about Vision’s living will and desire not to be a weapon while looking at images of him cut up on tables in that lab. 

It's strange that no one said anything, at that moment. I guess the director was just blasting through anyone's objections and they were more focused on Wanda storming the facility. I can't imagine Vision's will being okay with being taken apart and studied even if he wasn't being made into a weapon -which he absolutely was there, especially when put together with Hayward and Monica's talk in ep 4 about weapons and threats. It was about making Wanda The Other and he wasn't even listening to Monica's actual intel about her mental state. I'd like to say he's worried about the civilians inside but I don't even think because the stunt with the drone could have backfired spectacularly.

There have been a couple of previous points were Darcy/Woo have been silent or misunderstood or glossed over something (or had the sitcom edited) because it's not time for that dramatic reveal yet. Like apparently conveniently not seeing Dottie pre her lady's club appearance but seeing Beverly before that or not realising that something was happening with Dottie even though the broadcast was edited. 

I also don't think Wanda is editing this for "broadcast" but I might be wrong about that. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, frenchtoast said:

She also sent out a signal to the citizens of Sokovia to evacuate. (I'm not the most tech savvy so I got it to start at Wanda's spot but couldn't stop it) When she was taking down Thanos I really felt that that was a demonstration of how powerful she is. 

Does she have the Mind Stone? I thought that was in Steve's possession but I'm guessing it took time to get the portal set up so maybe she does have it? There is one Vision's head, but I thought that was an illusion. Especially since we saw zombie Vision. But if she has possession of the Mind Stone that town wide possession does not seem out of her power. Eventually it will have to be returned.

Nobody has any Stones in the present-day (ie post-Endgame) MCU.  Steve Rogers took them back to their own timelines.  Now, it's possible that

Spoiler

Wanda has absorbed some of the power of the various Stones.  Note that in the battle in Infinity War, she not only shatters the Mind Stone, she also holds off Thanos (who had the other five Stones) at the same time.  Perhaps she drew on their power to use it against them, similar to how Thanos later used the Stones to destroy the Stones.  One other thing to consider is that per actual physics, matter and energy can be neither created nor destroyed, only transformed.  While Thanos might have "destroyed" the Stones, he couldn't really destroy their power.  That power would be scattered across the universe.  However, some of it might well have been drawn to Earth by two quick succession uses of the Infinity Stones' power.  When the shattered Stones' power reached Earth, perhaps some of it housed itself in the only appropriate vessel it could find there.  Wanda.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Mmm...I considered something similar. Btw, this could also play into the next Thor movie. After all

Spoiler

There only a handful of people touched by an infinity stone. Of those who are still alive there is only Doctor strange (who just used the time stone), captain Marvel, Wanda and Jane. It is possible that the power is somehow looking for new hosts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

Iirc, “Peter” had a sister in DoFP - looking at the credits on IMDb, there’s a character called “red haired girl” that I think is her.  However since she was never identified as “Wanda,” she was never a part of the X-Men franchise.

That was a different sister. Magneto has like half a dozen kids. Anyway, in a deleted scene in Days of Future Past (although I believe it was added back into the Rogue cut), Wanda is referenced but not seen. There was such a legal mess with the two Quicksilvers, I don’t think Fox wanted to deal with adding Wanda too, although I always felt their background made them more a part of the X-Men universe than it ever did MCU. But that’s just me.

On a more topic note, could anyone “play” Pietro though? I mean, he’s a speedster. A normal non-enhanced person could not be able to move like either Pietro without dire consequences. Peter, like Pietro, is a speedster (I think he’s faster, actually. He could move bullets instead of “catching” them with his body) Since Wanda and Vision both have their powers, it would stand to reason Pietro would have his too and therefore TPTB would need another speedster for Pietro, hence Peter.

Edited by rwlevin
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, swanpride said:

but then, it is supposed to be a small town

I guess my understanding of America is that people drive everywhere. Suburbs or large cities. It’s not so much the case with family sitcoms, I guess, but in other shows like Seinfeld or That 70s Show, those characters drove onscreen. But in the classic family sitcoms, they don’t talk about walking. They might basically only exist in a couple of regular sets, but it’s implied they drive. Vision went out of his way* to say he walks to work. It just strikes me as odd.

* or the writers went out of their way, or they and the “writers” did.

2 hours ago, johntfs said:

Nobody has any Stones in the present-day (ie post-Endgame) MCU.  Steve Rogers took them back to their own timelines.  Now, it's possible that

Yes, I know that Steve brings them back but he doesn't have to immediately. How long did it take to build/set up the portal? I'm guessing they still used Pym Particles, but I'm also guessing it didn't happen the day following the battle. If we are only 3 weeks post battle, it doesn't necessarily mean that Steve has gone back yet especially given how chaotic it must have been in the days following everybody reappearing. I'm not saying he won't go back,  I'm just saying there's a possibility the stones have not yet been returned given how soon after the blip the show is. As much as it is imperative they get the stones returned because they're a huge temptation, it does take time and coordination to get that equipment set up in the midst of a huge crazy global event. Of course, it's more likely that the stones have been returned by now. It was just a thought I had because I don't know how Wanda is able to have Vision do his phasing if he is a zombie. But I guess her transforming the wardrobe goes along with Vision being able reach into people, binkies in ears etc. Though if she is controlling him how was he able to break Norm out. But it could be that I am misremembering Wanda's powers.

• Love 1

This show... what a mindfuck.

Two Quick questions:

What happened to the guy in the beekeeper suit who came in through the drains, has he just integrated himself into the hex world?

What’s the purpose of the ads? Are Darcy, Woo seeing these when monitoring through the tv show?

2 hours ago, Avabelle said:

What happened to the guy in the beekeeper suit who came in through the drains, has he just integrated himself into the hex world?

What’s the purpose of the ads? Are Darcy, Woo seeing these when monitoring through the tv show?

1.  Unknown
  2. Represent Wanda struggling to remember reality
  3. Unknown if anyone else can see them, but not likely.

ETA: If Wanda is streaming the episodes, then of course the commercials are not shown... 

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 1

So, let me just ask a simple question: Who cares about any of this?

Whether Wanda needs counseling and is controlling all this, or someone is controlling Wanda, what she is doing is confined to a small town. So either Wanda, as a hero, comes around and ends it, or whoever controls her has to do something outside the town and we learn more. Perhaps Wanda never decides to come out of it, but that wouldn’t be very Avenger of her. 

So we have been watching five episodes worth of annoying parodies of past sitcoms because ....?

This show could start right now, in episode 6, with 10-15 minutes of set up, and we would have missed nothing. 

27 minutes ago, Ottis said:

Whether Wanda needs counseling and is controlling all this, or someone is controlling Wanda, what she is doing is confined to a small town. So either Wanda, as a hero, comes around and ends it, or whoever controls her has to do something outside the town and we learn more. Perhaps Wanda never decides to come out of it, but that wouldn’t be very Avenger of her. 

So we have been watching five episodes worth of annoying parodies of past sitcoms because ....?

This show could start right now, in episode 6, with 10-15 minutes of set up, and we would have missed nothing. 

Your mileage apparently does vary.

But I like the set up, the mystery, and the character developments that we've been getting. Yes, plotwise, we prrobably could have started with last episode.

But it's hard to say because we don't know where we will end up. Some of the things that seemed trivial in the first three episodes could have large implications for later ones.

And like Darcy, I am invested in what's going on in the strange world of Westview more than I would have been if we just started with the revelation that a whole town has been caught up in the Hex and Wanda nad Vision are enacting sitcom plots for unnown reasons.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, Featherhat said:

It's strange that no one said anything, at that moment. I guess the director was just blasting through anyone's objections and they were more focused on Wanda storming the facility. I can't imagine Vision's will being okay with being taken apart and studied even if he wasn't being made into a weapon -which he absolutely was there, especially when put together with Hayward and Monica's talk in ep 4 about weapons and threats.

They didn't say anything in the moment, and they didn't say anything when it was just the three of them. And that was my thought exactly about them mentioning that Vision didn't want his body used as a weapon, when dissecting him would almost certainly be a precursor to doing just that. They were talking about what Vision would want, and there's no way he would want himself to be taken apart. 

I did some research and it does seem like that shot of the lab on the video is a tie-in to the comics, so maybe there's something coming from that. I just thought it was strange.

27 minutes ago, Ottis said:

For me personally? I've been deeply invested in Wanda as a character from the jump, and along the way I became equally attached to Vision and his development. As the movies got bigger and bigger, the quieter stuff like what's happening here has very much has to take a backseat. Even Agents of SHIELD got into the habit of dealing with world-ending threats instead of street-level baddies, so I appreciate that they're keeping this localized to one place.

If there hasn't been much forward movement as to "WTF is going on here?" I think the slow unraveling of the mystery has been necessary, even with the backdrop of the sitcom stuff. They're doing something new here, removing the CGI fights and explosions and replacing them with Lost-like clues and small callbacks to past movies. Granted, they didn't need much to hook me in, but I'm here for the weirdness and how Wanda eventually comes out on the other side of whatever this is.

• Love 21

Why do I care? Fair question.

I've personally found most of the Marvel movies too much: too many characters, too high of stakes too many times, too much action, too many surprise powers, too many quips.

So I've found WandaVision's reduced scale and scope much more engaging.* And bonus that whatever's going on with Wanda appears to be based in her psychology of loss and grieving. I find that compelling.

*(This is also why I care about The Mandalorian compared to the SW sequels.)

Edited by Penman61
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Ottis said:

Because the vast majority of the viewing audience apparently doesn't think the sitcom stuff is a meaningless and enraging time filler designed to delay us from getting to the more traditional superheroics.  Because the producers (presumably) aren't trying to test theory that anything with the Marvel label = instant success no matter how weird it is, so they came up with this idea one night while they were drunk and are giggling at viewers eating it up.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ottis said:

For me personally, I really liked Both Wanda and Vision and their relationship in the movies and was extremely intrigued by this. When I realised it was a pastiche/homage to sitcoms I wasn't sure I was going to like it but the first two episodes just in the sitcomverse had me hooked. Like Darcy I got weirdly invested very quickly, even though I knew it wasn't real. 

For a company that faces complaints that all their movies are the same (partly right, partly wrong) this was a bold move to prove they're more than one liners and big explosions. And it is interesting to see a huge company which has a lot of good will from its fanbase use that to do very untraditional things. 

Sure you could just watch from this or ep 4 and miss nothing of the plot but IMHO, you miss a lot of the experience of seeing these characters in their "perfect" world with an ever present cord of wrongness about it. And I have really enjoyed trying to pick it apart and guess what's going on. 

All of this is YMMV and some won't like it and some will like it much better once they can binge it all. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 15
Just now, Featherhat said:

For a company that faces complaints that all their movies are the same (partly right, partly wrong) this was a bold move to prove they're more than one liners and big explosions.

I would add that I think they had to scale back after Thanos. I don't know the comics well enough to say if there's a threat level above him, but he wanted to wipe out half of all life in the universe, and he succeeded at it. The Snap is the only time the Avengers failed, lost for a significant amount of time, and even reversing it is something they've barely touched on yet. Just to be clear, I love the MCU as it has been for the past decade, and I really want to see what's next for the movies, but I love this just as much for how different it is.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ottis said:

There are two main reason I love this show. First, I like a well written and creative mystery. I love that we are 5 episodes in and still have multiple possibilities for what is happening. So many shows completely telegraph the ending by following predictable lines that I love not knowing. I love that this show is like watching a complex puzzle slowly come together. 

Second, what I look for most in shows and movies is strong characterization and this show has that in spades. You see an annoying parody of sitcoms but I see the sitcoms as nothing more than a fun setting to watch Wanda and Vision react and evolve. 

If the show started right now I would miss so much depth and the emotional connection I have to these characters as well as hours of enjoyment. 

The showrunner quoted Russian Doll as a big influence, and this show hits me in that same way--storytelling that pulls you in and takes you along, storytelling that has a specific vision, but also storytelling you have to think about and want to think about. It's kind of amazing to have a group of dedicated people experimentally telling a story of loss and grief with a billion dollar tentpole property.

Edited by Kate47
Misspelling
  • Love 11

I still don't like the sitcom aspects, I don't think they're remotely entertaining or funny. However, for me the sitcom is just a vehicle to deliver to wackiness, the feeling that something is really, really wrong. In that aspect the sitcom stuff is quite fascinating to watch. 

I wasn't sure I would even watch WandaVision, I was more interested in Falcon &Winter Soldier and Loki but, this is a great show, I look forward to it every week and I love reading all the speculation and theories on the board.

• Love 2

I always look forward to the next Marvel Studios outing the most, never mind what it is. It's rare that I get disappointed.

Still would have loved to see a few Agents of Shield characters in this, though. I can't imagine what Coulson would have said to that portrayal of Wanda. His sarcasm would have most likely been gold.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, tkc said:

With all the talk about the MCU and the X-Men crossing over, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about this jaw-dropper, revealed during the briefing about Wanda:

wanda.png.97c30ddda34cc013c1996e030e954bc5.png

Yes, "A113"...

...proof that Wanda Maximoff is part of the Pixar universe.  😮

Oh dang!

13 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Still would have loved to see a few Agents of Shield characters in this, though. I can't imagine what Coulson would have said to that portrayal of Wanda. His sarcasm would have most likely been gold.

I guess Agent May’s a little busy in the Outer Rim 😄

I just had the thought that the show is a little bit like some eps of Black Mirror in that, at first, it seemed to be about an ordinary couple in an ordinary setting (albeit with a couple odd quirks thrown in), but then there are increasing hints that everything isn’t quite as normal as it seems.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, arc said:

I guess my understanding of America is that people drive everywhere. Suburbs or large cities. It’s not so much the case with family sitcoms, I guess, but in other shows like Seinfeld or That 70s Show, those characters drove onscreen. But in the classic family sitcoms, they don’t talk about walking. They might basically only exist in a couple of regular sets, but it’s implied they drive. Vision went out of his way* to say he walks to work. It just strikes me as odd.

* or the writers went out of their way, or they and the “writers” did.

There are two things you're overlooking. One is that the country is very diverse in terms of size and local culture. Seinfeld or Friends had people drive a lot more without much explanation than my friends and I ever did living in NYC. And they really understood the lines referencing borrowing the cars (but my recall is that they did usually say they borrowed cars). People in NYC specifically take the bus or subway or cabs. I've never lived in LA, but from people I know who have, there is a lot of driving there because of the distance between places. Seattle where I've lived is a mix.  Truly rural areas are like LA in that you need a car because there's no public transport and there's too many miles between places to walk. Other small towns like the one I grew up people do a lot of walking. There's a lot of variation between different parts of the country.

Two, these are sitcoms set well into the past. Cars were not the norm in a lot of small towns in the 50s and 60s for all families. 

So I didn't find him walking all that unusual.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

For a company that faces complaints that all their movies are the same (partly right, partly wrong) this was a bold move to prove they're more than one liners and big explosions. And it is interesting to see a huge company which has a lot of good will from its fanbase use that to do very untraditional things. 

I really love how weird and mysterious they are making this thing. It is easily the most interesting thing that Marvel has put on my TV since Jessica Jones season 1.

• Love 6

I will also say this (again, remembering that mileage will vary):

With most of the Marvel shows from Netflix and Agents of SHIELD, and even several of the Marvel movies, it seemed to methat there was a lot of padding. There was no inherent reason why Hero A didn't just go put a shoe up Villain B's ass other than well, the movie/show would be over. There were scenes and arcs that seemed to exist just to pad out the run time to two-plus hours or 10-13 episodes.

For WandaVision, I haven't felt things drag at all. The only things that may be superfluous are the commercials but I think that they too are trying to say something about the major traumas in Wanda's life and possibly a connection to the Infinity Stones.

Maybe it's because each episode is shorter. The five we have had so far is just the about the equivalent of one and a half episodes of noe of the Netflix shows or two-tthirds of a movie. Maybe it's because bingeing the other series made it clearer when things seemed padded.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, rwlevin said:

That was a different sister. Magneto has like half a dozen kids. Anyway, in a deleted scene in Days of Future Past (although I believe it was added back into the Rogue cut), Wanda is referenced but not seen. There was such a legal mess with the two Quicksilvers, I don’t think Fox wanted to deal with adding Wanda too, although I always felt their background made them more a part of the X-Men universe than it ever did MCU. But that’s just me.

I haven’t seen any deleted material from that movie, but if what you’re telling me is correct, then Mrs. Maximoff had a second red haired daughter (also with Magneto?) apart from Wanda.  Interesting- but I think I get why that scene got cut then.  And yes, the rights issues were (and in some cases still are) a mess for the MCU.  I suspect it was part of why they killed Pietro off in the first place.

35 minutes ago, Chyromaniac said:

I haven’t seen any deleted material from that movie, but if what you’re telling me is correct, then Mrs. Maximoff had a second red haired daughter (also with Magneto?) apart from Wanda.  Interesting- but I think I get why that scene got cut then.  And yes, the rights issues were (and in some cases still are) a mess for the MCU.  I suspect it was part of why they killed Pietro off in the first place.

There are probably generations of Magneto spawn - in post-war Europe, his young daughter was killed but there were probably other bastard sons / daughters scattered throughout the continent. Then he found the fertile American hippies of the Nixon era... 

I get why they want to bring in Evan Peters to explain the Fox integration... but I think Aaron Taylor Johnson >>>>>>>> Evan Peters in every manner.  I thought the Evan Peters Quicksilver was a punk.  And the styling and the costume and his butt ugly looks are about as bad as they come.  

I recall after Age of Ultron that they adamantly insisted that Quicksilver was dead and never coming back.  I get that things change and this was before the purchase of Fox, but still.   Would much rather have had them brought back Aaron Taylor Johnson. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, frenchtoast said:

Yes, I know that Steve brings them back but he doesn't have to immediately. How long did it take to build/set up the portal? I'm guessing they still used Pym Particles, but I'm also guessing it didn't happen the day following the battle. If we are only 3 weeks post battle, it doesn't necessarily mean that Steve has gone back yet especially given how chaotic it must have been in the days following everybody reappearing. I'm not saying he won't go back,  I'm just saying there's a possibility the stones have not yet been returned given how soon after the blip the show is. As much as it is imperative they get the stones returned because they're a huge temptation, it does take time and coordination to get that equipment set up in the midst of a huge crazy global event. Of course, it's more likely that the stones have been returned by now. It was just a thought I had because I don't know how Wanda is able to have Vision do his phasing if he is a zombie. But I guess her transforming the wardrobe goes along with Vision being able reach into people, binkies in ears etc. Though if she is controlling him how was he able to break Norm out. But it could be that I am misremembering Wanda's powers.

This show takes place after Endgame.  In Endgame we see Old Steve Rogers sitting on the bench after he's delivered the Stones and finally had a happy life with Peggy Carter.  The Stones are gone.  Some of their effects might linger.

5 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

I haven’t seen any deleted material from that movie, but if what you’re telling me is correct, then Mrs. Maximoff had a second red haired daughter (also with Magneto?) apart from Wanda.

In the deleted scene they only show a younger sister with brown hair. There is line referring to another sister that was an Easter egg reference to Wanda but she’s never seen. https://youtu.be/tEFsJD2bZXc

4 hours ago, johntfs said:

This show takes place after Endgame.  In Endgame we see Old Steve Rogers sitting on the bench after he's delivered the Stones and finally had a happy life with Peggy Carter.  The Stones are gone.  Some of their effects might linger.

Probably but we don’t know that for certain. There is clearly a time jump between everyone returning and Steve leaving to return the stones. They had to have the funeral and build a new portal. As @frenchtoast points out it possible this show is taking place in that time gap keeping all of the stones in play. 

I would be surprised if they go that route but it’s definitely feasible based on what we know. 

One more post about why all this might matter, at least for me:

The MCU was and is a daring concept. If you had told teen me that at some point Marvel would do an interconnected universe featuring a lot of its B-, C- and D- list characters and that it would become the entertainment juggernaut that it is, no way would I have believed you.

What happens in WandaVision is going to likely require some level of reassessing who and what Wanda nad Vision (were like in their previous phases of the MCU, and likely shape where the MCU goes from here.

So if Wanda is an out-of-control maniac who has taken over a small town, put thousands of people in torment and doesn't care so she can snuggle with her dead robot boyfriend, that in my book should cause some thought on whether the Avengers were right to trust her or if the Sokovia Accords are a good idea.

If Wanda is a grief-stricken quasi-widow whose grief was taken advantage of by an outsider, it raises questions in my mind about how the other Avengers stuck together (or not) to support one another after the events of Endgame.

If there is a force that manipulated Wanda, it makes me wonder what its next efforts might be.

If Wanda is acting alone, then I wonder how the Avengers will react.

A big difference between this show and if it were just a random show about a couple random superheroes (or even the Netflix shows and Agents of Shield) is that there are likely implications beyond this season or the TV franchise(s). 

• Love 7

IMO, the lack of a body count is key here. Even when Hayward fired on her remotely, she responded with what amounted to a warning. He's lucky she didn't pound him into the dirt like a tent peg, and if she was anywhere close to the threat he acts like she is, there'd have been no hesitation. And I don't think she killed anyone at the SWORD facility either, she just rendered them unconscious. As hot to trot as Director Jackhole is to paint her as some lunatic who wants to kill everyone, he'd have mentioned casualties, and he didn't. That's key too, his insistence that she must be neutralized, whether he tells anyone what he's about to do or not.

• Love 9

I agree. Even if we assume that Wanda is the one holding those people hostage (and I still think that there is more to that story), she isn't really set on hurting anyone. And there is certainly someone manipulating her. I mean, "Think of the Children", really?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

For WandaVision, I haven't felt things drag at all. The only things that may be superfluous are the commercials but I think that they too are trying to say something about the major traumas in Wanda's life

That's why I've been totally blurting out to my otherwise empty room "are you kidding?" when I've seen all the "too short" comments. I've also seen it on YouTube reactions. 

The length has been the very best part of this. There's no fat, no drag, but also every episode leaves the viewer hungry for more. People's priorities are weird in my opinion if they don't realize that's a good thing, not bad.  You're not regretting much, if any of the time you're spending viewing this, and you're primed each week of this to eagerly see the next. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Dani said:

Probably but we don’t know that for certain. There is clearly a time jump between everyone returning and Steve leaving to return the stones. They had to have the funeral and build a new portal. As @frenchtoast points out it possible this show is taking place in that time gap keeping all of the stones in play. 

I would be surprised if they go that route but it’s definitely feasible based on what we know. 

If Wanda had stolen some or all of the Infinity Stones, that big ass Avengers army from Endgame would be outside the town right now ready to storm in and get them back.  Also, if Wanda had taken some or all of the Stones, nobody would be surprised at how powerful she seems to be.  And they are surprised.  No one has said anything like, "Well, you know, two days before she grabbed Vision's corpse, the Infinity Stones were stolen." 

Stark used the Stones and died.  They had his funeral - which Wanda attended.  Then Cap took the Stones and returned them, coming back from that an old man who'd lived a full life at peace at last.  Figure all that took maybe a week.  Nine days previous to the present moment in the SWORD base, Wanda attacked a SWORD facility and made off with Vision's (dismembered) corpse.  Some time after that, Westview turned into the Sitcomverse.  We really don't know exactly when because it took Jimmy being unable to contact his witness to clue him in on the idea that something was wrong.

Granted that Wanda seems to be channeling powers from the various Stones, but she does not have them in her possession. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, johntfs said:

If Wanda had stolen some or all of the Infinity Stones, that big ass Avengers army from Endgame would be outside the town right now ready to storm in and get them back.  Also, if Wanda had taken some or all of the Stones, nobody would be surprised at how powerful she seems to be.  And they are surprised.  No one has said anything like, "Well, you know, two days before she grabbed Vision's corpse, the Infinity Stones were stolen." 

Sure but last week when everyone found out Wanda and Vision were involved no one said anything like, “Well, you know last week she grabbed Vision’s corpse.” So, I don’t think that the fact that something hasn’t been mentioned is evidence of anything. Sword if obviously hiding something so the director isn’t going to be forthcoming. 

Regardless, it’s more about the fact that the stones could theoretically be in play based on the timeline given the obvious hints about the stones. That doesn’t necessarily mean Wanda stole them.  I don’t think that the stones Steve returns are going to come back but it’s not outside of the realm of possibilities. 

I feel like the big wildcard is what Sword did to Vision. It’s possible they were working on reanimating him with energy from the mind stone or the mind stone itself. 

29 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Stark used the Stones and died.  They had his funeral - which Wanda attended.  Then Cap took the Stones and returned them, coming back from that an old man who'd lived a full life at peace at last.  Figure all that took maybe a week.  Nine days previous to the present moment in the SWORD base, Wanda attacked a SWORD facility and made off with Vision's (dismembered) corpse.  Some time after that, Westview turned into the Sitcomverse.  We really don't know exactly when because it took Jimmy being unable to contact his witness to clue him in on the idea that something was wrong.

I think a week is probably too short an estimate given they had to rebuild all the tech involved without Tony. We know that Monica was pulled into Westview 3 weeks after she came back so we’re probably a month or less post blip. If the writers wanted to use those stones they could make it work. 

Edited by Guest
8 hours ago, Ottis said:

his show could start right now, in episode 6, with 10-15 minutes of set up, and we would have missed nothing. 

we would have missed 5 episodes of the story

Edited by MrWhyt
  • Love 11
On 2/5/2021 at 1:30 PM, Dani said:

There are so many possibilities for Monica’s reaction to Carol’s name. I agree that it seems unlikely Carol wasn’t with Maria. She also could be resentful that Carol was with Maria when she wasn’t. 

I think there are a lot of possibilities people aren't considering.  People are focused on their relationship after Maria got sick.  Maybe Maria got cancer because Carol took her on a space adventure.  Maybe Carol opposed the formation of SWORD or had a dispute with the organization (which might also explain why SWORD wouldn't call someone like her to help).  An agency tasked with dealing with extraterrestrial threats might have issues with someone like Captain Marvel, especially if she refused to join them.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I really love how weird and mysterious they are making this thing. It is easily the most interesting thing that Marvel has put on my TV since Jessica Jones season 1.

God, I miss JJ and DD 😢

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RobertDeSneero said:

An agency tasked with dealing with extraterrestrial threats might have issues with someone like Captain Marvel, especially if she refused to join them.

How many super pagers did Captain Marvel give out? Maybe Maria paged her and got ghosted...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

A big difference between this show and if it were just a random show about a couple random superheroes (or even the Netflix shows and Agents of Shield) is that there are likely implications beyond this season or the TV franchise(s). 

The fact that the things that happen on this show will very likely matter as part of the greater MCU is a big thing for me. A big part of what made those later AoS seasons such a slog for me was knowing that nothing that happened on that show would matter even a little to the rest of the MCU. It made it feel like no one cared so why should they expect me to.

2 hours ago, johntfs said:

2 hours ago, Dani said:

I feel like the big wildcard is what Sword did to Vision. It’s possible they were working on reanimating him with energy from the mind stone or the mind stone itself. 

I imagine they would be more interested in reaninating him without the stone.Because without it he is basically just Robo-JARVIS made of vibranium. That seems like it would be a much better weapon for a secret agency to be able to order around.

9 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I imagine they would be more interested in reaninating him without the stone

There must be some Arc Reactors in a Stark Industries warehouse somewhere. Plug one into his forehead and reconnect to the cloud...