Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I really really do not get Britney’s NSFW latest IG posts where she’s standing naked squeezing her breasts.

I thought that had been one of her regular IG poses for a couple years now. She really should get a Fansly account. Fansly is the place a lot of Only Fans account holders went to when OF was thinking of not allowing adult content anymore. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 12/14/2022 at 9:29 AM, proserpina65 said:

I put them in the same category as cryptocurrency: not real and a total scam.

Cryptocurrency? No thank you. I don't really fully trust the cloud which is why I still have printouts, a CD player, and DVD's.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 14
10 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I really really do not get Britney’s NSFW latest IG posts where she’s standing naked squeezing her breasts.

There are probably healthy people who are exhibitionists, but the first thing to remember with anything Britney does, is that she is mentally ill.  Whether she needed a conservator is arguable I guess, but her mental status cannot really be questioned. 

In my opinion.

• Like 14
  • Sad 3
11 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Her whole career was based on risque photoshoots and videos. She doesn’t know how to connect with her audience in any other way.  She is too mentally ill to realize that the world doesn’t want that from her anymore. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
On 12/16/2022 at 10:23 AM, AgentRXS said:

Her whole career was based on risque photoshoots and videos. She doesn’t know how to connect with her audience in any other way.  She is too mentally ill to realize that the world doesn’t want that from her anymore. 

I think her audience (straight women and gay men over the age of 30) are more receptive to her dance videos more than anything. 

I had to share this.   Pentatonix does this REALLY cool thing at their concerts where they shoot a TikTok video.    They have the audience help sing one of their songs and the video shows the audience singing.    The phone lights part is really moving.     This is the video from the concert I was at on Monday night.   You can't see me in the audience OBVIOUSLY but trust me I was there.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

As per CNN on Wednesday, December 21st, Rumer Glenn Willis and her companion Derek Richard Thomas have announced their impending parenthood. Yes, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore are to be grandparents and Miss Moore actually showed a glimpse of a sense of humor about herself[(!) by posting on her Instagram 'Entering my hot, kooky,unhinged grandma phase'!

Regardless, that family could use some good news so I hope that Miss Willis has a healthy pregnancy capped off with a safe delivery and that she and her little one are healthy and happy after the impending newborn first sees the light!

• Like 3
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Blergh said:

Regardless, that family could use some good news

Indeed.  I recently finally got around to reading the oral history of Moonlighting, in which Bruce Willis was supposed to participate (along with virtually everyone else involved) but wound up being unable to; the timing clicked and I realized it was because of his aphasia, which had not yet been announced but which was very much impacting his memory and communication abilities, two things vital to participating in an oral history.

• Sad 8

I missed the strange story and confession of Elisabeth Finch, a former writer for Grey's Anatomy who lied she had cancer and brother committed suicide (he's alive), which she incorporated in various scripts. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/entertainment/elisabeth-finch-greys-anatomy/index.html

https://theankler.com/p/the-greys-anatomy-liar-confesses

https://people.com/tv/former-greys-anatomy-staffer-admits-she-lied-about-having-cancer-brothers-suicide-9-months-after-investigation/

• Mind Blown 7
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

I missed the strange story and confession of Elisabeth Finch, a former writer for Grey's Anatomy who lied she had cancer and brother committed suicide (he's alive), which she incorporated in various scripts. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/entertainment/elisabeth-finch-greys-anatomy/index.html

https://theankler.com/p/the-greys-anatomy-liar-confesses

https://people.com/tv/former-greys-anatomy-staffer-admits-she-lied-about-having-cancer-brothers-suicide-9-months-after-investigation/

That second link is a wild read; it's the interview she gave confessing -- the reporter interviewing her is the one who first broke the story Disney was investigating her for fabricating allegedly personal stories woven into the show (I know nothing about the reporter, but I like how he writes up how this would be optioned and developed as a limited series, like the sagas of Elizabeth Holmes, Anna Delvey, Bernie Madoff, Sam Bankman-Fried and others [all already dramatized, or, in the latter case, the subject of multiple pitch meetings as we type]).  The other stories are reporting on the source material, so I just went to that one, and, as I have only a vague memory that maybe a little blurb about the investigation was posted here at some point, I was gobsmacked by this tale.

Lying about having had cancer in the past is one thing, but this is next level.  While writing for the show, she claimed to need additional chemotherapy -- and "taped a dummy catheter to her arm and shaved her hair" to facilitate the lie she was undergoing treatment, and that the chemo caused her to lose a kidney and have to abort a fetus (somewhere in there was a lie she had to have part of her tibia removed to additionally combat this rare bone cancer of her imagination). 

When the story broke - because her soon-to-be-ex-wife had uncovered her deception, demanded she come clean, and took matters into her own hands when Finch stopped after a few close friends, contacting TPTB at Shondaland and Disney, and then word got out - colleagues were stunned and outraged:  We worked with someone who not only said she was sick with cancer but looked sick with cancer -- who lost her hair, whose skin was yellow and green, who had a visible chemo port bandage, who regularly took breaks to vomit, who only ate saltines for long periods of time and who wrote and talked about her experiences all the time.

And there's more:

Finch’s lies extended well beyond her medical history. After the 2018 terrorist attack on the Tree of Life Synagogue that killed 11 people in Pittsburgh, Finch claimed that she’d been a regular congregant there in college (she attended nearby Carnegie Mellon for her undergraduate degree) and that she’d lost a close friend in the shooting. She asked for time off from Grey’s to fly to Pittsburgh to help make burial arrangements for her deceased friend. She told people the FBI allowed her into the site to help collect the remains, as required by Jewish tradition. (The only true part was that, yes, while in college, she had attended a few services at the temple. She did not know any victims.)

Then came another doozy. In 2019, she told colleagues that her older brother, Eric, had committed suicide. 

“I’ve been gone bc my brother died by suicide,” she wrote in a note explaining an absence from Grey’s writers’ room. “He was on life support for a short while but ultimately did not survive. I say this not because I need or want anything from anyone, I’m not a delicate flower or whatever, I just want people to know I’m still here, still part of the team,” she wrote. 

In fact, her brother, Eric, is a doctor who currently works in Florida today.

Wow.  Here's her explanation:

“I know it’s absolutely wrong what I did,” she admits to me. “I lied and there’s no excuse for it. But there’s context for it. The best way I can explain it is when you experience a level of trauma a lot of people adopt a maladaptive coping mechanism. Some people drink to hide or forget things. Drug addicts try to alter their reality. Some people cut. I lied. That was my coping and my way to feel safe and seen and heard.”

During our first recorded interview, she lifts up the hem of her dress to expose a six-inch scar on her kneecap. This was, to borrow a screenwriting term, the inciting incident. During the 2007 Writers Guild strike, she injured herself while hiking in Temescal Canyon, which resulted in what she describes as years of medical purgatory. It took multiple surgeries for doctors to isolate her problem and she ended up having knee-replacement surgery. For months she was on crutches and grew dependent on friends (several of whom confirmed this part of her story). When she ultimately recovered, the lies started.

“What ended up happening is that everyone was so amazing and so wonderful leading up to all the surgeries,” she recalls. “They were so supportive. And then I got my knee replacement. It was one hell of a recovery period and then it was dead quiet because everyone naturally was like Yay! You’re healed,” she says. “But it was dead quiet. And I had no support and went back to my old maladaptive coping mechanism — I lied and made something up because I needed support and attention and that’s the way I went after it. That’s where that lie started — in that silence.”

In 2012, she started telling friends and colleagues that doctors had found a tumor encroaching on her spine. Complicated and unresponsive to chemotherapy, it was a rare form of cancer, she explained, that almost never afflicted anyone of her age. She tells me that she chose chondrosarcoma because it was a particular form of cancer that was difficult to treat. On February 26, 2014, Finch published the first of several cancer-related articles in Elle titled, “How Friends, Family, And Friday Night Lights Helped Me Fight Cancer. The essay begins: “I catch fragmented glimpses of my bald reflection in the elevator mirror as I go up, up, up — to a white-walled conference room, where a small herd of well-groomed doctors, all equally inscrutable, awaits.” It goes on to document how her colleagues sent inspirational messages — photos of friends and family holding up signs with the words “State” scrawled on them, a plot point borrowed from the hit show Friday Night Lights. 

Plus:

It wasn’t just an unhealthy craving for attention in the wake of her knee surgery. There was a second more sinister source of her trauma, she says. Finch grew up in the leafy suburb of Cherry Hill, in New Jersey, where she attended Cherry Hill High School East. Her parents were both educators and she had one sibling, an older brother, Eric, whom she claimed physically and emotionally abused her for most of her childhood.

“It wasn't just casual sibling rivalry stuff,” she alleges in our interviews. “There were two things going on: one, my brother was abusing me, and two, my parents weren't listening. A lot of scientists, psychologists, psychiatrists will tell you that the negation of [abuse], or not hearing it, can sometimes be an even bigger trauma than the original trauma itself.” 

I ask if she’d ever been hospitalized with broken bones or if there were any medical records of the abuse.

“Eric was very.…” She pauses. “Even saying his name is hard.” She collects herself. “He was very good at doing things that were terrorizing and physical, but not enough to leave marks. That's one of the threads that I went through — where's my evidence? Prove it. Where’s the document? Where’s the scar? Where's the whatever? As I grew into adulthood I didn't have [evidence],” she says. 

Multiple emails to Finch’s parents and brother seeking comment were not returned.

There is so much more as the article goes on; the skeptical reporter's consultation with a psychiatry and psychology professor who talks about facticious disorder, a recap of some famous scammers in Hollywood history (I love this contextualization: "Indeed, Finch is only the latest in a long line of writers who embellished their life story, and let’s be honest — it was mostly men who did and many got away with it. James Frey wrote two bestsellers that were marketed as memoirs but he was later forced to admit that he’d fabricated large portions of both books. Despite the controversy, Frey continued writing books, one of which was made into a feature film, and he still has his own production company"), a look back on all the points at which Finch could have pulled back and gotten away with this instead of compounding the lies again and again, the show's medical consultant knowing something wasn't right but getting pushed out and other examples of Finch ingratiating herself to wield power, Finch asking for outtakes from the photo shoot, particularly any that showed her crying, how she dreams of getting to write for The Handmaid's Tale, etc.

It is utterly bizarre, and, yeah, something anyone who didn't get snookered in by all this would pay big bucks to turn into a profitable production.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Bastet said:

That second link is a wild read; it's the interview she gave confessing -- the reporter interviewing her is the one who first broke the story Disney was investigating her for fabricating allegedly personal stories woven into the show (I know nothing about the reporter, but I like how he writes up how this would be optioned and developed as a limited series, like the sagas of Elizabeth Holmes, Anna Delvey, Bernie Madoff, Sam Bankman-Fried and others [all already dramatized, or, in the latter case, the subject of multiple pitch meetings as we type]).  The other stories are reporting on the source material, so I just went to that one, and, as I have only a vague memory that maybe a little blurb about the investigation was posted here at some point, I was gobsmacked by this tale.

Lying about having had cancer in the past is one thing, but this is next level.  While writing for the show, she claimed to need additional chemotherapy -- and "taped a dummy catheter to her arm and shaved her hair" to facilitate the lie she was undergoing treatment, and that the chemo caused her to lose a kidney and have to abort a fetus (somewhere in there was a lie she had to have part of her tibia removed to additionally combat this rare bone cancer of her imagination). 

When the story broke - because her soon-to-be-ex-wife had uncovered her deception, demanded she come clean, and took matters into her own hands when Finch stopped after a few close friends, contacting TPTB at Shondaland and Disney, and then word got out - colleagues were stunned and outraged:  We worked with someone who not only said she was sick with cancer but looked sick with cancer -- who lost her hair, whose skin was yellow and green, who had a visible chemo port bandage, who regularly took breaks to vomit, who only ate saltines for long periods of time and who wrote and talked about her experiences all the time.

It is utterly bizarre, and, yeah, something anyone who didn't get snookered in by all this would pay big bucks to turn into a profitable production.

I could see Elisabeth Moss pulling this off. For the actual resemblance I could see Phoebe Waller Bridge.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Munchausen syndrome is when you abuse/hurt your child, not yourself.

No,that's munchausen by proxy. Plain munchausen is when you lie/exagerate/cause injuries/illnesses to yourself for the attention, and munchausen by proxy is when you do it to someone you're "taking care of."  When I was a kid I remember learning about it on a 90's tv show doc where this woman injected herself with bleach so she could keep going to the hospital.

I can already picture the Hulu series. I do think it should go to Phoebe Waller Bridge. She's the only working actress big enough of a name that I think could get cast and also that I think has a reasonable resemblance to Elisabeth Finch. Not that it ever matters with Hollywood, but I can at least see how you could make Phoebe look like Elisabeth Finch.

download.jpg.cad52800ec095b4e445a145c97637dfb.jpg

Watch it go to a pretty blond actress de-glamming herself, though. LOL Although I guess you could cast Lena Dunham. I can see that as well, plus she's a writer so she'd get that.

The real doppelganger is this bit actress named Jillian Armentate about 20 years ago, but of course she's probably too old at this point and there's no way Hollywood would cast someone that obscure.

MV5BMDU5NWNiZmItYThlNy00NGQ5LTg3OWItYjNkZTE5MjExM2NjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjYyMTU4NTc@._V1_.thumb.jpg.2386e4a4b693971443dfcfc427d16eca.jpg

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Someone needs to tell Miss Finch that the late Arthur C. Clarke, Ray Bradbury and Ursula Le Guin never left the Earth yet were able to write convincing stories about space exploration and other planets,etc.

Now, thanks to her telling whoppers to make herself seem more important and legit, folks who HAVE dealt with  cancer, abortion  and family suicides will be given less benefit of the doubt than before!

BOO!!!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Brian Williams should interview her.

Williams was likely a false memory situation, but there's no hint of that here, even by Finch.  She didn't confuse any one of these lies with something else that actually happened to her, and she didn't even tell a lie so many times she convinced herself it was the truth; she acknowledges she was flat-out lying (and knew it) all along the way.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Munchausen syndrome is when you abuse/hurt your child, not yourself.

Imagine how her family feels, though. She labeled her brother an abuser and said her parents either knew and did nothing or just refused to see it. And that's in addition to every other lie that fell out of her mouth. It's actually worse since it was just a bid for sympathy, that she was no longer getting the attention she wanted after her surgery.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Williams was likely a false memory situation, but there's no hint of that here, even by Finch.  She didn't confuse any one of these lies with something else that actually happened to her, and she didn't even tell a lie so many times she convinced herself it was the truth; she acknowledges she was flat-out lying (and knew it) all along the way.

Lying liars who lie.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
29 minutes ago, Bastet said:

The delightfully odd and fiercely loyal Donna on Judging Amy.

At first I wanted to watch for Tyne Daily. Then after I started watching after it started airing I really appreciated the cast as a whole. I wish that show was being rerun somewhere.

• Like 6

OMG, you interview a liar about why they lie and you are gonna get more lies.  This woman needs therapy not more attention to promote her lies.  

Please not Lena Dunn (another liar) to play her.   I keep hoping Dunn will just Go.Away. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, merylinkid said:

OMG, you interview a liar about why they lie and you are gonna get more lies.  This woman needs therapy not more attention to promote her lies.  

Please not Lena Dunn (another liar) to play her.   I keep hoping Dunn will just Go.Away. 

She kinda has. I think Hollywood is generally over her. You can't be a winderkid anymore if you're 36, and Hollywood is obsessing over Gen Z now instead of Millennials. I do think Lena Dunham is the closest Resemblance I can think of an actress who is famous enough to get cast in a Hulu tv show about Elisabeth Finch. I'd rather it go to Phoebe Waller Bridge, though. Hell, knowing the steaming platforms these days I can see it getting several tv shows like the Candy Montgomery case. Ooh, speaking of, Melanie Lynskey could also work as Elisabeth Finch.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, merylinkid said:

She's like a bad rash you think is finally gone only to pop up again when you least expect it.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 7
10 hours ago, GaT said:

Sorry this is such a big post. I haven't seen any mention of this guy here (and believe me, it's no loss), but Andrew Tate is an influencer/reality star with a large following, mostly incels. He decided to take on Greta Thunberg, the 19 year old climate activist, for reasons known only to him (other than he's a misogynistic asshole)

This is what he Tweeted to her:

This is what she Tweeted back, thereby winning the internet forever

87le6t2syo8a1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Andrew then posted a video responding to her

In the video, he has a pizza box from a place in Romania, which allowed authorities to finally locate & arrest him & his brother on charges of Human Trafficking. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. And of course, Greta Tweeted

fa7tg9t8769a1.png?width=767&auto=webp&s=

She's pretty awesome.

I never had heard of this Andrew Tate before all this but he sure sounds like an utterly loathsome individual -especially since the authorities were seeking him out for human trafficking which means he evidently crossed the line from merely posting vile musings to actually deliberately harming and threatening others! He sounds as if he was abandoned by bio DNA Donors at birth and got brought up in a frat house!

Hooray for Miss Thunberg for helping get the authorities to pick up his trail after having had the misfortune of him posting to her (despite her having had zero previous interactions with him. ..and maybe having never heard of him before)! However, I hate to think someone as virtuous and caring as she had had to have ANY dealings with such a vile individual as that.

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 1
  • Applause 10
  • Love 3

I'd never heard of Tate before this whole thing with him and Thunberg, either (and reading that list of his "opinions" on topics, I'd be perfectly fine never learning any more about him in general), but this is the most wonderfully hilarious story I've heard in a while. Way to totally prove Thunberg right regarding just how utterly fragile and pathetic your ego is, Tate, you piece of shit. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 19

What's frightening is that Andrew Tate has a ton of young, male followers.  Many people my age had never heard of him, yet younger men and boys have. Here's an example (And I've seen a few others like this one):

I know he was famous MMA fighter, but many of his young fans followed him to his webcast where he spewed this filth.

• Like 2
  • Sad 17
  • Fire 1