Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Bless her heart.  She tried.  Angelina Jolie doing the Electric Slide at the Summer send off BBQ for new Spelman students.  Zahara is going to Spelman College (yay! an HBCU).  According to what I've read she is doing all the typical parent of a new freshman activities. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Bless her heart.  She tried.  Angelina Jolie doing the Electric Slide at the Summer send off BBQ for new Spelman students.  Zahara is going to Spelman College (yay! an HBCU).  According to what I've read she is doing all the typical parent of a new freshman activities. 

Aw cute! What a beautiful mommy and daughter. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Give it to your pets or something! Lol 

If someone likes a weird or cutesy name so much, they can legally change their name to it.   You notice, they don't.   Frank Zappa does not get a pass.   I notice for all his weirdness he still went by Frank.   Also, HE was weird, his kids were not necessarily going to be.   Mary and John would have been fine.   

• Like 3
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

If someone likes a weird or cutesy name so much, they can legally change their name to it.   You notice, they don't.   Frank Zappa does not get a pass.   I notice for all his weirdness he still went by Frank.   Also, HE was weird, his kids were not necessarily going to be.   Mary and John would have been fine.   

It also works the other way around. Frank Zappa’s kids seem to like their weird names and never changed them. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
On 7/28/2022 at 11:42 AM, Notabug said:

Bob Geldof and Paula Yates had Peaches Honeyblossom.  They also had Fifi Trixibelle and Little Pixie.   

FIFI??? Now there's a cruel name. First thing I think of when I hear it is a dog!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I actually love the name Dweezil. I think it's a terrible name, but I love it. But like, I want to name my dog that, not my child.

On 7/30/2022 at 9:37 AM, xfuse said:

[Jensen Ackles] said in an interview that he and his wife liked unusual names because they both have unusual name.

I don't know what the mother's name is, but Jensen and Zeppelin are completely different levels of unusual though.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:51 AM, Blergh said:

Even before Miss Swift became famous, Taylor (which had been a surname derived from the profession of being a tailor)had been a somewhat popular name for girls but, oddly enough, has rarely if ever been used as a given name for boys. And I've yet to hear of anyone naming their daughter Seamstress (which is what female tailors were called) . 

Taylor isn't that unheard of as a boy's name. Taylor Hawkins and Taylor Lautner come to mind.

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, janie jones said:

I actually love the name Dweezil. I think it's a terrible name, but I love it. But like, I want to name my dog that.

I don't know what the mother's name is, but Jensen and Zeppelin are completely different levels of unusual though.

Taylor isn't that unheard of as a boy's name. Taylor Hawkins and Taylor Lautner come to mind.

And Taylor Hicks (remember him?).

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, janie jones said:

There are lots of names now that are unisex.  Peyton.  Hunter.  Cameron.  Harper.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, janie jones said:

I actually love the name Dweezil. I think it's a terrible name, but I love it. But like, I want to name my dog that.

Jonathan Taylor Thomas.

• Love 2

Granted this is not quite star related, but I was just reading a Hollywood Reporter story about the court battle with Rockmond Dunbar and Disney over the vaccine. They mentioned the  U.S. District Judge Golly Gee. Now there is a name!!

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 7
31 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Granted this is not quite star related, but I was just reading a Hollywood Reporter story about the court battle with Rockmond Dunbar and Disney over the vaccine. They mentioned the  U.S. District Judge Golly Gee. Now there is a name!!

Can't help but wonder if his(?) parents were Gomer Pyle fans.

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

They screwed up; her name is Dolly Gee.

I'd like to say whew, that's better but...it's not. How does one take someone with that name seriously? I know it's not her fault she's named that, but it's such a twee name that it does not invoke the image of strength or confidence. She sounds more like a children's tv presenter than a judge. 

I'm probably an evil person because every time I heard her name I'd think Dolly Gee Willackers. (however that is spelled)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

How does one take someone with that name seriously?

She made it to federal judge, so obviously quite a few people did.

(Mind you, I'd never name my kid Dolly Gee [not that I'd ever have a kid, but go with me here], for how it resembles Golly Gee, nor would I, if named Dolly Something who married a guy with the last name Gee, change my last name to Gee [not that I'd ever get married, or change my last name if I did, but go with me here]; I don't know whether this is her birth or married name, I just know it's Dolly, not Golly, Gee.) 

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 5
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I'd like to say whew, that's better but...it's not. How does one take someone with that name seriously? I know it's not her fault she's named that, but it's such a twee name that it does not invoke the image of strength or confidence. She sounds more like a children's tv presenter than a judge. 

I'm probably an evil person because every time I heard her name I'd think Dolly Gee Willackers. (however that is spelled)

Dolly Gee is the daughter of Chinese immigrants so when pronounced correctly it isn’t twee. 

• Useful 12
  • Love 6

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/where-are-celebrity-children-going-to-college-2022-zahara-jolie-pitt

None of them are bad schools... except maybe the last one. It's mildly interesting who gets into an Ivy, who chooses a big school, etc. Maybe celebrity children aren't bothered as much. I haven't seen those kinds of headlines like the ones about Emma Watson being followed around Brown for a while.

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/meghan-trainor-shared-toilet-husband-poop

I get that celebrities repeat stories, but this is not the one.

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/demi-lovato-using-she-her-pronouns-at-the-moment

And here's a follow up.

“I felt like, especially last year, my energy was balanced and my masculine and feminine energy so that when I was faced with the choice of walking into a bathroom and it said, women and men, I didn’t feel like there was a bathroom for me because I didn’t feel necessarily like a woman,” Lovato told host Tamara Dhia. “I didn’t feel like a man. I just felt like a human. And that’s what they/them is about. For me, it’s just about, like, feeling human at your core.”

That being said, Lovato has been “feeling more feminine” recently, hence the return to she/her pronouns. “But I think what’s important is, like, nobody’s perfect. Everyone messes up pronouns at some point, and especially when people are learning, it’s just all about respect,” Lovato said.

• Love 1

Dane Cook, the 50-year-old comedian best known to me for having starred in a movie with Jessica Alba and a movie with Jessica Simpson in the span of one year in the mid-aughts, is engaged. To whom, you might ask? Well, her name is Kelsi Taylor, she’s 23, and Cook has been dating her since she turned 18. According to her Instagram bio, she’s also a licensed pilates instructor and nutritionist. [...] In case you were looking for more details about this romantic evening, here they are: Cook proposed during a trip to York Beach, Maine, which the couple previously visited when they were first dating, when Taylor was 18 and Cook was 45. The site is also meaningful to Cook because it’s where he released his mother’s ashes after she passed away.

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/dane-cook-to-marry-gal-hes-been-dating-since-she-was-18

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 3

What Perry was doing in Las Vegas, and how an enormous box of pizza ended up behind the DJ booth of this nightclub, I do not know, but frankly none of that matters. What matters is Katy Perry bopping around in a pink minidress, taking pizza slices out of the box and nihilistically tossing them into the masses like cheesy little Frisbees.

For some reason, Perry put some of the pizza slices on paper plates before surrendering them to the laws of centripetal force. After they left her hands, they proceeded to spin chaotically through the air, through several unwashed clubgoers’ hands, and then to fall unceremoniously onto the floor. I have a feeling many inebriated Katy Perry enthusiasts ate them anyway.

CHAOS. I forget that some people are "back to normal" to this extreme

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
2 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I'm not the most uptight with age gaps, but good grief. Dane Cook began dating this young lady when her teenage brain had several more years to go to to be fully formed, and he was "just friends" with her before then. Sure. What good man in his mid40s befriends minors? Sounds more like an R. Kelly move to me. 

He's a rich and famous guy who's not bad looking. He could date so many beautiful woman around his own age, or at least ones who've been out of high school for awhile. 

• Like 4
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I'm confused, or maybe I'm just old. Did she misgender herself?

You can’t misgender yourself. It’s not unusual for people to use both gendered and non gendered pronouns or for gender identity to evolve. 

1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

Men his age marry women her age because age appropriate women won't tolerate whatever bullshit lives beneath the surface. It's all about some level of control, and it's glaringly obvious he groomed her

Of course, it just never fails to gross me out. Men who go after that age group may not be pedophiles, but it's a little pedophile adjacent for my tastes. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 13
On 7/31/2022 at 11:08 PM, DearEvette said:

Whoa. All I can think of from that video is how stunning Angelina looks without much makeup and in everyday clothes. She's just gorgeous in every way.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Whoa. All I can think of from that video is how stunning Angelina looks without much makeup and in everyday clothes. She's just gorgeous in every way.

IMO, on the outside only- unlike her daughter!

3 hours ago, Dani said:

You can’t misgender yourself. It’s not unusual for people to use both gendered and non gendered pronouns or for gender identity to evolve. 

I ask in a mostly serious way because she/they only changed pronouns last year. They/she are quite able to define themselves/herself anyway she/they like, but my confusion comes from an honest place. Or is this one of those things where you can't even ask without implications being made?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I ask in a mostly serious way because she/they only changed pronouns last year. They/she are quite able to define themselves/herself anyway she/they like, but my confusion comes from an honest place. Or is this one of those things where you can't even ask without implications being made?

Sorry if my post came across judgmental. That wasn’t my attention. I read your post as sincere and my answer was intended in the same manner. 
I really liked Demi take on the matter.

“But I think what’s important is, like, nobody’s perfect. Everyone messes up pronouns at some point, and especially when people are learning, it’s just all about respect,” Lovato said.

I couldn't decide where to post this, but decided on here because it's not really to do with the BRF.

Tabloid Honcho Wants Restraining Order Against Meghan Markle's Dad Thomas Markle

As for the beef between Rayner and Markle ... Thomas sued Coleman-Rayner last year, claiming an agreement the two parties made for staged photos ruined his relationship with his daughter Meghan and son-in-law Prince Harry.

Yes Thomas, that's what ruined your relationship with your daughter, those photos.

• Like 1
  • Applause 10
49 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I’m no expert, but I’d say when in doubt, use “they.”

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Why are so many comics so disgusting with women?  It's so fucked up.  I don't know if anyone knows the comic Pete Lee.  His whole stand up is about how nice he is.  I spent half of it being like "Are you sure?"  Not even his fault, but damn everyone else in his profession is such a scumbag.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I’m no expert, but I’d say when in doubt, use “they.”

Or their name. I’ve yet to find a situation where I couldn’t use a name if I was uncertain about what pronouns to use. 

I really hope that soon they/them will replace the masculine default for so many reasons. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard a parent comment that they had to stick a pink bow on their kids head to stop people from assuming they were a boy. 

Edited by Makai
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Men his age marry women her age because age appropriate women won't tolerate whatever bullshit lives beneath the surface. It's all about some level of control, and it's glaringly obvious he groomed her

Michelle Obama GIF by Election 2016

If Dane's fiancee has any sense, she'll outgrow him by the time she's 30. 

And seriously, if some 40-something man came sniffing around me when I was still a teenager, I would have been seriously creeped out.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Makai said:

Or their name. I’ve yet to find a situation where I couldn’t use a name if I was uncertain about what pronouns to use. 

I really hope that soon they/them will replace the masculine default for so many reasons. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard a parent comment that they had to stick a pink bow on their kids head to stop people from assuming they were a boy. 

I do this.  And If a kid is involved, I just ask the kid's name and use it.  

Pronouns don't really exist much for me now, but names do.  Easier and less likely to cause confusion.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm not the most uptight with age gaps, but good grief. Dane Cook began dating this young lady when her teenage brain had several more years to go to to be fully formed, and he was "just friends" with her before then. Sure. What good man in his mid40s befriends minors? Sounds more like an R. Kelly move to me. 

I don't care that he started dating her when she was 18.  That is an adult.  Maybe not a mature, sensible adult, but still an adult.  The part about befriending her before that is hinky as hell, though.  I mean, I had some adult male friends when I was younger than 18, but they were friends of the whole family and I was friends with their families.  This just comes across much, much differently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Or he'll dump her for someone even younger *shudders*.

Know this: Real men want WOMEN, not girls.

Agree! And I'm attracted to real men. Not those who can't handle a mature woman who's got opinions and not afraid to speak up and call you out on your shit. 

16 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I don't care that he started dating her when she was 18.  That is an adult.  Maybe not a mature, sensible adult, but still an adult.  The part about befriending her before that is hinky as hell, though.  I mean, I had some adult male friends when I was younger than 18, but they were friends of the whole family and I was friends with their families.  This just comes across much, much differently.

When it comes to men dating much younger women, I judge anyone around Dane's age who doesn't date someone at least around 25, when the brain is fully formed. If a 45-year-old got with a 28-year-old, I'd still think he's probably after arm candy. But I don't see it as predatory the way I do with way older men and teens. 

Definitely agree there. How does someone in his mid40s befriend a minor? What do they talk about? If he could take her to prom? Perhaps she might still need driving lessons? She wouldn't have even been allowed into the comedy clubs he'd perform in due to her age. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jeez, I just read that the LAFD captain on scene said the house she crashed into has been red tagged (which means it's unsafe to occupy) because of the fire.  I haven't heard anything about the residents, so they may not have been home when this happened; I hope they didn't have any pets who were injured or ran away.

It's sad that Heche was severely injured.  She has a long history of substance abuse, attempting to escape the trauma of being sexually abused by her father, and my heart goes out to her.  I just also hope she didn't hurt anyone else when she plowed into the house (after speeding away from where she'd plowed into a nearby garage).  There's a paparazzi photo of her in the car before the crashes (with what some are speculating is a liquor bottle in the cup holder), so I wonder if she was trying to evade them.

• Sad 15