Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, janie jones said:

It took me a few seconds to recognize Chris Pine. He's starting to look like someone else as he gets older, but I can't think of who. Peter Gallagher?

IMO Chris Pine looks like his father, the actor Robert Pine. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Robert Pine, who was Sgt. Joseph Getraer on CHiPs! Sometimes knowing that vis-à-vis his son gives me cognitive dissonance.

Sampling the various reviews for DWD they all think Florence Pugh is brilliant but even she's not enough to save a 'half-baked' script. Basically, it's a Stepford Wives retread. Por ejemplo, this one from AV Club:

Although this critic initially fell for the promise of its Pleasantville-meets-The Truman Show premise, that enthusiasm dimmed sharply upon discovering that the film’s feminist lessons are as simplistic as its obvious plot turns. Written by Katie Silverman, Carey Van Dyke and Shane Van Dyke, Don’t Worry Darling might have passed as mildly provocative in the ’90s, before Truman opened the escape door or Neo took the red pill. But Wilde’s film grafts these ideas to a pedestrian, you-go-girl template that sadly feels all too basic....

Perhaps the chief deficit of Don’t Worry Darling isn’t even predictability, but a discernible lack of new ideas of its own. Patriarchy is bad and womanly autonomy is good? Who knew! But without spoiling too much, what’s especially curious is this film’s outdated and desperate approach to both motherhood and heterosexual sex, the latter of which looks phony and seems defined in male terms despite Wilde’s pronounced focus on female pleasure and feminism. Pugh, of course, is terrific, though she’s not just leading the film, she’s carrying it. But even if Don’t Worry Darling’s prettiness is intentionally engineered to make your skin crawl, all that sadly fills your brain when you turn away your gaze is a lingering emptiness—a film with no more weight than, well, a really good trailer.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Well, I don't trust anything Shia says or presents. As an employer that pretty much fired someone a couple weeks ago and yet she submitted a resignation, and she thinks I wanted her to stay, that's not enough to convince me that Wilde is in the wrong. Convincing people that you want to fire that they are actually quitting is a skill most employers have learned. 

But you know, she hired Shia in the first place, so she has some pretty terrible judgment.

He did present proof that Olivia wanted him to stay on the project.  Shia could be lying, but Olivia's behavior outside of Shia is looking shady. I once had an internship with someone where I lived in her house. There was another intern with me that left because she was feeling very depressed and isolated. The boss tried to talk her into staying and spoke well of her for weeks after. Then all of the sudden, she starts talking about her negative energy and shit like that (she was a good worker, just a little depressed). Months later we got new interns, and she then says she fired my fellow intern, even though I saw a different scenario play out. My boss was a good sales person and creative director, but she could not handle business management. If Olivia is lying, I can see why Shia, who is trying to rebuild his career and recently reunited with his wife and had a child, would not want the industry to think that he was the problem.

Considering Shia's admitted deteriorating mental state at the time and the description of the movie, it was probably for the best that they parted ways early on, for all of them. 

The person I feel sorry for is Florence Pugh. The film is getting mixed reviews (silver lining, her performance is being praised) and it sounds like Harry Styles didn't have the acting chops to keep up with her. I kind of hope that Olivia and Florence are playing 4-D chess and playing up the BTS drama in order to get more people to see the movie. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Enigma X said:

The only thing piquing my interest about the DWD stuff is that Chris Pine is giving me feels I never had for him. I know many don’t like this “new” look of his, but I am here for it. 

According to this article Chris Pine is definitely going for a 70's-inspired look. Greg Allman, if you will.

The fit is just looser than a 70's fit.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

kind of hope that Olivia and Florence are playing 4-D chess and playing up the BTS drama in order to get more people to see the movie. 

All of this chatter and nonsense makes me far less likely to seek out this movie. I certainly won’t be paying to see it.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Maybe she needs to be reminded that she's the adult and they're the children.

True, but it's also a fact that when someone experiences trauma (of any kind), their mentality is stunted (or fixed) at that age. And even though she was in her 20s at that time, she acted very immature most of the time. Suffice it to say, that we now have 3 children duking it out on social media. Plus, K-Fed's actions didn't help any, and in fact, instigated the situation.

• Love 3

Jen Chaney wrote an article for Vulture on the "spitting" incident.   She's pretty sure he was just looking for his sunglasses and realized they were on his lap the whole time.  

https://www.vulture.com/2022/09/did-harry-styles-spit-on-chris-pine-video-dont-worry-darling.html

I follow her on Twitter and this whole thing playing out in tweets while it was happening was an hilarious break from what else is being played out on Twitter right now.

• Love 3

“It’s fillers! It’s a new jaw! It’s a face lift!” Everyone had a different theory about why the former teen idol’s face suddenly looked like that. We were all wrong, apparently. In a new profile in Men’s Health promoting Efron’s upcoming movie The Greatest Beer Run Ever (a Vietnam War comedy from the guy who brought you Green Book), the record is set straight.

“He’d been running through his house in socks and slipped, smacking his chin against the granite corner of a fountain. He lost consciousness, and when he woke up, he recalls, his chin bone was hanging off his face,” recounts writer Lauren Larson. According to Efron, his masseter muscles had to compensate for his shattered jaw, leading to them become “really, really big.”

Allow me to put my bad cop hat on for a moment and say, “A likely story.” A granite fountain? In a house? A 30-something man running through his house in his socks like a child? Losing consciousness after hitting your chin? This story has all the hallmarks of a fake alibi: it’s embarrassing, there’s too many details, and the much simpler answer is right there (fillers).

If this is true, it wouldn’t be the first time Efron has fucked up his jaw to an extreme degree. In 2013, he had to have his jaw wired shut after breaking it. This led to one of E! Online’s greatest headlines, “Zac Efron’s Broken Jaw Happened During...Sex?!”

The sex part was a joke made by Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller, but it makes about as much sense as sliding on your socks into an indoor granite fountain and losing consciousness. Breaking your jaw twice is crazy, so crazy that it’s hard to believe it ever happened. If he breaks it a third time we will have no choice but to conclude that he got a brow lift.

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/zac-efron-my-fucked-up-face-is-all-natural-baby

Would you have a granite fountain in your house?

• Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I'm getting very weird early David Hasselhoff vibes from that photo.   And Lisa Rinna called & wants her lips back, Zac.

He was aging nicely into such a handsome man.   That's a serious shame they didn't have ANY PHOTOS AT ALL OF HIS OLD FACE they could have used.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I actually never thought plastic surgery, I just thought he was roided out because his face changed when he became super buff. 

Either way, it’s still a more believable story then the time he said he got into a fight on skid row because he, ahem, “ran out of gas” 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
6 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Would you have a granite fountain in your house?

I would. Not the big, elaborate multitiered kind but there are some gorgeous granite wall fountains I would absolutely have inside. I find water features soothing. 

27 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't see a massive change.  🤷‍♀️

I don’t either. 

15 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Sometimes I love the internet. It just makes me giggle.

When I saw the video earlier, I wondered why Olivia was sitting next to Chris Hemsworth, and then I realized it was the wrong Chris. It's the hair, since when Hemsworth was in Rush he had that exact haircut. 

3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Not nearly enough time for that stalker.   

Exactly! He stalked them for 12 years! I pray that he will get the help he needs and never contact either Ms. LaRue or her daughter again.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

This is so unbelievably tragic.  Megan Hilty's (Smash, Annie Live!, Broadway) pregnant sister, brother-in-law and nephew were on a small float plane that crashed into the Puget Sound on Sunday.  They're all presumed dead.  And it sounds like there's a niece too who wasn't on the plane for some reason.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiOuGHyLqZr/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/08/entertainment/megan-hilty-family-deaths-plane/index.html

• Sad 23
On 9/8/2022 at 5:17 PM, stonehaven said:

Ken Levine, a legendary writer for TV 70's,80's and 90's TV has kept a blog for 16 years. He decided to end it on Tuesday....My online life will not be the same...

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2022/09/last-post.html

Thank you for posting this. Whenever someone from M*A*S*H especially died, I knew a link to Ken Levine's wonderful tributes would soon follow. Sad to see them end, but 16 years of blogging is a long time. Best wishes to Mr. Levine. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Britney just can't stop talking, posts new voice messages on Instragram.

"With my kids now making the claims that 'She’s not good enough, she wants attention,'" she said. "Yeah, I do want to be heard, and I'm angry. I kind of subconsciously want to offend people because I've been so fucking offended."

Britney added that she now recognizes that she's really angry with Jamie — who she said she hopes burns in hell along with her mother, Lynne Spears — and she spoke directly to her sons about how much she continues to care about them.

"I'm so blessed to even call you mine, and I just want you to know I apologize," she said. "My ignorance in saying no — saying so to you guys, because that was meant for my father."

She also opened up about how painful the conflict with her sons has been, at one point mentioning that they'd blocked her in addition to stopping visits and missing her wedding.

"Since they've been gone, I've honestly felt like a huge part of me has died," Britney said. "Like literally, I have no purpose anymore. They were my joy, they were my everything. I looked forward to seeing them. That was what I lived for."

But, she added, she's not going to stop speaking publicly after being denied a voice for so long. She revealed that she has been meeting weekly with a therapist and is also doing equine therapy to heal from the isolation she experienced during the conservatorship — particularly the time she was forced to spend in a rehab facility. Opening up has always been a struggle for her, she added, describing herself as an introvert despite her life as a performer.

I fully support the kids' decision to stay away.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Sorry, but I have empathy for Britney. I know what it's like to be stifled. I may not have said or done the things she's saying/doing, but I can understand the need inside of her that compels her do so.

Edited by Soapy Goddess
  • Like 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

I pray Britney heals so that she can move on from the pain and anger and one day work on restoring her relationship with her kids. Really sad situation all around.

The three of them ALL need to step back and take a breather instead of continuing to squabble. It's truly helping no one but the rags at this time.

• Love 10

So.......In non-Britney news: 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/fury-as-queens-beloved-dogs-left-to-prince-andrew/ar-AA11IIUi?li=BBnbfcL

WTF is wrong with people?  Some lovely, well taken-care of dogs are going to go live in another nice mansion where they'll live in the lap of luxury for the rest of their days, being catered to 24/7. 

Because Randy Andy can't keep it in his pants, he's going to be a bad pet owner?  HE won't be feeding, poop scooping or doing walkies.  Why are people so stupid about this stuff?  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Sorry, but I have empathy for Britney.

I feel bad for what she went through but she is not acting like a mature adult.  She says she is seeing a therapist and I hope that helps her. She is so filled with anger (which I understand) but she needs to handle that better than dealing with it on social media.  

• Like 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Because Randy Andy can't keep it in his pants, he's going to be a bad pet owner?  HE won't be feeding, poop scooping or doing walkies.  Why are people so stupid about this stuff?  

It think it’s more like they are upset he is a pedophile and supporter of Epstein who should be jail so he shouldn’t be a pet owner. Any mention of him is a reminder that he hasn’t been held accountable. 

7 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

I pray Britney heals so that she can move on from the pain and anger and one day work on restoring her relationship with her kids. Really sad situation all around.

I agree. I really hope she has a very good therapist who is helping her. In all her posts about her kids there is an underlying neediness that is a lot of pressure to put on a child. Britney is focused whether or not she is getting what she needs needs from them but not on what they need. 

38 minutes ago, Dani said:

Britney is focused whether or not she is getting what she needs needs from them but not on what they need. 

This is how patterns are repeated in families.  Doesn't seem like Britney got what she needed from her parents growing up.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Dani said:

It think it’s more like they are upset he is a pedophile and supporter of Epstein who should be jail so he shouldn’t be a pet owner. Any mention of him is a reminder that he hasn’t been held accountable. 

Well, he has become a pariah and social outcast.  Which for royalty is akin to death. 

But seeing that Sarah Ferguson STILL lives in the same house as her ex-husband Andrew, maybe the pearl-clutchers can just unclench for 5 minutes and realize that the dogs are basically going to a deluxe resort for the rest of their doggie lives.  Fergie will probably play with them more than Andrew.

I doubt the taint will rub off on them, and they'll be snubbed by other snooty pooches when they're at the groomers.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Dani said:

It think it’s more like they are upset he is a pedophile and supporter of Epstein who should be jail so he shouldn’t be a pet owner.

I am DEFINITELY not a supporter of this guy. But the corgis are going to him because he gave them to his mother. Discussion about this in more detail over in the Royals Thread.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

5 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I feel bad for what she went through but she is not acting like a mature adult.  She says she is seeing a therapist and I hope that helps her. She is so filled with anger (which I understand) but she needs to handle that better than dealing with it on social media.  

Agree with all the above. I get Britney expressing her feelings and letting out aggression because she hasn't had a voice for so many years that she has gone through hell. It's just sad the stuff with her kids is public. I also hope they work it out. I don't blame her for not wanting anything to do with the rest of her family. What Britney's gone through is so unique. I don't know if there's anyone in the world who can totally relate. I hope she has the best therapist possible. 

• Love 6

With all the depressing news all the love that Brendan Fraser is getting make me so happy. 

I had no clue everything he had been through and why he disappeared. 

5 hours ago, Dani said:

I had no clue everything he had been through and why he disappeared. 

I didn't know what this referred to, so just did a search and found this long article from 2018 asking "What Ever Happened To Brendan Fraser?"

Now that I think about it, I think someone posted that article at the time, and I had forgotten.  I confess, I never noticed his disappearance, as I didn't watch most of the films during his heyday (I saw School Ties and With Honors, but that's it).  But, yikes, no wonder he needed a break!  I'm glad he's doing so well now, and getting recognition for his work.  This isn't an industry in which it's easy to have a second act.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, AgentRXS said:

I love him! 🥰

Me too! I was a 90s kid, so I grew up watching a lot of Brendan Fraser movies (he was one of my first celebrity crushes), and I always have really liked him.  I'd wondered why he seemed to fall off the radar, and when it was revealed a few years ago why, I was pretty shocked. I'm really glad he's had a resurgence of late. 

• Love 6

That is not a good look for Dempsy. I'm a sucker for salt n pepper so I am a bit biased but the white blonde is just....no. I hope he goes back to normal soon. He's always had such an amazing head of hair it's a shame to tamper with perfection. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
Just now, Mabinogia said:

That is not a good look for Dempsy. I'm a sucker for salt n pepper so I am a bit biased but the white blonde is just....no. I hope he goes back to normal soon. He's always had such an amazing head of hair it's a shame to tamper with perfection. 

I believe this may have been for a Disney role of some sort?  I sure hope so anyway.

13 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Yeah his hair is one of his best features, along with his eyes and smile.

That said, white blonde Dempsey is still welcome to my bedroom anytime! 

• Wink 1
38 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Nope, not feeling it.  Give me salt 'n peppa McDreamy any day!

patrick-dempsey-blond-hair-color

I have historically had a liking for terrible blond dye jobs.  No idea why.  Its been a mystery since childhood.  I think Buckaroo Bonzai's Perfect Tommy broke my brain.  Or maybe Billy Idol. So yes, I liked Spike and Buffy and I always blamed the hair.

But that was apparently not the problem. Because I don't like that.

16 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I believe this may have been for a Disney role of some sort?  I sure hope so anyway.

I think the article said it was for a movie called Ferrari.  I hope they styled it differently because I think that is part of what is bothering me about it. 

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2