Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

On 4/5/2022 at 2:16 AM, Anduin said:

You'll understand when you finally blow your top.

Sorry, but my "top" is securely fastened to my head and will never "blow"...unlike Mr. Potato Head.

• Love 17
(edited)

FWIW I've also read denials that Britney's Vegas wedding happened while they were drunk (and reports that her mother was largely behind spreading the rumors and demanding the quick annulment, so it seems reminiscent of a lot of the control issues that were keeping her in the conservatorship before that was ever a thing), but that was where my mind went with stories of drunk Vegas weddings because that was totally what was reported at the time. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

So Kourtney and the latest male to be castrated by the Kardashians just "eloped" to Vegas, went through a ceremony with an Elvis impersonator and didn't bother to make it legal?   I mean WHY?    Why go through all of that -- they weren't even IN  VEGAS, they specifically went there to do this -- just for a non-legal ceremony?

• Love 5

My guess is that the 'wedding' was because there hadn't been any stories about them in the past week, and now they're on the front of every entertainment section, and some news shows.     It's all about getting clicks, and publicity. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

So Kourtney and the latest male to be castrated by the Kardashians just "eloped" to Vegas, went through a ceremony with an Elvis impersonator and didn't bother to make it legal?   I mean WHY?    Why go through all of that -- they weren't even IN  VEGAS, they specifically went there to do this -- just for a non-legal ceremony?

They were in Vegas for the Grammys. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be legal, just for fun?

• LOL 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

Don’t they have a new show on Hulu coming soon? I would bet that is why. 

I agree.  I even think the Pete Davidson thing with Kim is just all for getting publicity for their new Hulu show. 

And bonus points to Kim and Kourtney for taking the attention off of Travis Scott/Kylie and Astroworld. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

In a word - Momager.  They have this "new show" debuting on some streaming service, and the ABC interview set to promote that.  It fits the mold.  I'm just sorry that I bought in enough to share the story here.  

I feel dirty.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

I was listening to a pop culture podcast, and a woman said that if you hate the Kardashians, then you are just jealous. Hardly. Frankly, I hate them primarily because they never go away. Not even for a little while. Their E! show ended aaaaand now they have another show. Kravis goes to the Oscars, then the Grammys, then get fake married. Kim and Pete and Kanye, on and on. How can we miss you if you don’t go away?

Boom! I don't hate them, but couldn't get into their shows. 

Some people expect me to be a Kardashian fan as a reality TV lover, but with most reality shows, it's an hour a week for part of the year. 

The Kardashians on the other hand are everywhere. If you follow pop culture at all, you'll be keeping up with them whether you want to or not!

• Love 6

Most of what I know about the Kardashians is from the weird drama their relationships generate, which is why my default thing I know about Kris is that Kanye once called her Kris Jong-Un in a Twitter meltdown and I can't tell any of the girls apart on sight (beyond Kim) but I always know who they're dating or dumping or being dumped by purely through osmosis of entertainment news. Even if I have no clue who that person is otherwise. 

I don't hate them, but I don't understand why they're a thing. Every now and then, Kim will have a moment that worms its way into the headlines that seems oddly thoughtful or reasonable to me, but then she always turns around and does something so vapid and tone deaf that it never registers to me as her having any true hidden depths. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Most of what I know about the Kardashians is from the weird drama their relationships generate, which is why my default thing I know about Kris is that Kanye once called her Kris Jong-Un in a Twitter meltdown

KW doesn't come across as someone with a sense of humor, but that's pretty funny. 

• Love 11

Crow posted about the sale Thursday, promoting its last weekend on Twitter. “Like many of you,” she wrote, “the last two years have helped me get rid of *stuff*!” This “*stuff*” includes Native American artifacts, vintage carousel pieces, Santos art, mirrors, and an antique rocking horse, to name a few. And yes, it all looks just as haunted as it sounds. Among the items listed for sale on the official Estate Sales website are an old horse costume that I can only assume comes alive at night to feed on your dreams, a statue of a girl with antlers that likely comes with the trapped soul of a lost child, a few religious paintings, multiple antique rocking horses, and a framed image of a disheveled teddy bear. But the most disturbing is the striking collocation of creepy dolls. Looking for an old cloth doll with shockingly high eyebrows and wide hips? Crow’s got it. Or perhaps you’re in the market for a naked doll with giant legs and a creepy head or one that lost an arm.

https://www.thecut.com/2022/04/sheryl-crows-estate-sale-includes-a-lot-of-creepy-dolls.html

• Love 2
8 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I was listening to a pop culture podcast, and a woman said that if you hate the Kardashians, then you are just jealous. Hardly. Frankly, I hate them primarily because they never go away. Not even for a little while. Their E! show ended aaaaand now they have another show. Kravis goes to the Oscars, then the Grammys, then get fake married. Kim and Pete and Kanye, on and on. How can we miss you if you don’t go away?

As long as there's no physical abuse, adultery or neglect happening, I couldn't care less about how Miss Kardashian and her companion are faring or why they evidently had a non-legal wedding deal in Vegas.

HOWEVER- do any of their respective five minor children need ANY of this in their lives?  They are the ones I believe deserve as much sympathy and emotional support as possible in this because they have to live with their respective so-called parents' (and at least one grandparent's) choices and stunts as well as the resulting fallout from all the above. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Creepy, but I'm sure most (if not all) are collectors items.  If you click on the link, then the embedded tweet, the dog on the upper right and, I think (it was over 40 years ago), the bear in the middle were in a toy box that my grandmother kept for all of her grandchildren.  It included some of our parents' toys and some newer ones, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I don't hate them, because I feel that's a bit too strong of emotion. I pay them as little mind as possible, but I would never be jealous of people who marry and divorce so frequently.  Just never what I wanted for my life.  I would also never be jealous of people who get so much attention. Yes, in their case they want it (I assume).  But, I'm very shy and self-conscious.  If I body swapped with a Kardashian I'd probably end up hiding in my basement as a best case scenario.

• Love 9

I don’t watch their show, but from all I’ve seen in pop culture, the Kardashians seem utterly miserable despite all their wealth. Esepcially Khloe. She’s chopped herself up beyond recognition and stays with a man that constantly cheats. Why? It also seems exhausting to feel obligated to share your entire life on social media. My life is full of problems, but I’d never trade places with any of them if given the chance.

• Love 24
13 minutes ago, ABay said:

I'm jealous of the unearned wealth that underpinned all the other ventures. It would be fantastic to be able to travel without having to scrimp for a year. But as for personality...no, thank you.

This. There are so many talented people out there who deserve recognition and success, but instead recognition and success is going to these vapid twits.

• Love 23

If I could muster up any feelings for the Kardashians it would be "whatever" to mildly annoyed. I just don't feel the loathing that most people feel for them. There are many famous people around with truly life-threatening and vile belief systems that can lead to some permanent damage for which I reserve the wrath of my anger. Even when I feel like remarking on the latest annoyance by them, with so many going all in, I feel as if it has already been said a million times on repeat in the last minute. It sort of gets me to the "already over that" phase pretty quickly.

I also don't watch any show they would appear on (not really into scripted or unscripted reality outside of documentaries, some game shows, and "Datelinesque" true crime).

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

If I could muster up any feelings for the Kardashians it would be "whatever" to mildly annoyed. I just don't feel the loathing that most people feel for them. There are many famous people around with truly life-threatening and vile belief systems that can lead to some permanent damage for which I reserve the wrath of my anger. Even when I feel like remarking on the latest annoyance by them, with so many going all in, I feel as if it has already been said a million times on repeat in the last minute. It sort of gets me to the "already over that" phase pretty quickly.

I also don't watch any show they would appear on (not really into scripted or unscripted reality outside of documentaries, some game shows, and "Datelinesque" true crime).

I guess I'm somewhat the same. I get the annoyance but not the hatred. Even though she can be tone deaf, Kim has done a lot to help people. I posted about something charitable she did awhile back, and a lot of the responses regarding it were like like ehh whatever. I don't have to enjoy someone's show or everything about them to give credit. Also, the family is said to be good people by everyone who's met them. Even Kathy Griffin who made a lot of fun of them said they were all very nice to her. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Blergh said:

HOWEVER- do any of their respective five minor children need ANY of this in their lives?  They are the ones I believe deserve as much sympathy and emotional support as possible in this because they have to live with their respective so-called parents' (and at least one grandparent's) choices and stunts as well as the resulting fallout from all the above. 

Well if Kris has anything to say about it they will be the next generation.

33 minutes ago, ABay said:

I'm jealous of the unearned wealth that underpinned all the other ventures. It would be fantastic to be able to travel without having to scrimp for a year. But as for personality...no, thank you.

18 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

This. There are so many talented people out there who deserve recognition and success, but instead recognition and success is going to these vapid twits.

Yes to all of this.  The wealth they have from doing virtually nothing is what I find so gross.  And what  does that teach young people?  That if you try real hard you too can be a reality show star?

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

If I could muster up any feelings for the Kardashians it would be "whatever" to mildly annoyed. I just don't feel the loathing that most people feel for them.

This is basically how I feel.  What I always wonder about isn't what motivates them to do the things they do (that's pretty obvious for the most part) it's what motivates the people who admire and emulate them!  I honestly just do not understand this one small bit.

• Love 11
(edited)

The issues many have with Kardassians and Jenners are probably too numerous to discuss here.  They are not harmless, rich people who like to look at themselves.  Well, that’s half right.  Lol If you check their forum here, you’ll see a lot of the reasons.   I’m a live and let live kinda person, but years ago I realized what they really are and it’s not good, on many levels.  There’s not much I can do about it. I am trying to find a way to get their new series  off my Hulu.  🥴

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, SusanM said:

it's what motivates the people who admire and emulate them!

I have a relative who used to try to talk to me about the Kardashians.  I told her I don't watch their show.  She said oh you should watch it, you will really like it.  I said you don't know me at all.  She thought I was making a joke.  I was not making a joke.  I would sooner watch paint dry than watch a Kardashian show.

1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I am trying to find a way to get their new series  off my Hulu.  🥴

I know!!! (TM Monica Geller) When I saw the picture and name appear I literally drew my hands back from the keyboard like I had been burned.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, SusanM said:

This is basically how I feel.  What I always wonder about isn't what motivates them to do the things they do (that's pretty obvious for the most part) it's what motivates the people who admire and emulate them!  I honestly just do not understand this one small bit.

Yes, it's the people who worship and emulate them that really bother me. How stupid do you have to be to buy one of Kylie's 30 dollar lip kits or purchase some Skims?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

He physically assaulted someone onstage during the internationally televised Academy Awards ceremony.

I’m aware. I saw it happen live.

4 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Hell, I'd have been fine with them taking away his Oscar,

Why? The Oscar was for the quality of his performance in King Richard, not for the quality of his slapping Chris Rock.

I still think ten years is ridiculous. Three to five? Sure. But ten? Ridiculous.

• Love 7

Something tells me that we will see him back in a couple of years, and if someone remembers the ban they’ll say he has spent enough time working on himself that he deserves the second chance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I had actually expected a permanent ban mainly because I didn't think they'd go to the length of taking away the Oscar but what he did he did in the middle of the ceremony so could not be brushed aside.  They had to be seen to be taking things seriously.  I think they hit (if you'll pardon the term) the happy medium.

Edited by SusanM
  • Love 13
(edited)

Oscars Producer, Will Packer, gave Will Smith permission to stay in the auditorium, even though a number of TPTB wanted Will to leave after slapping Chris.  Totally incorrect call on the Producer's part -- bad move.

I'm glad to see the 10 years ban.  I can see why they felt they had to let him keep the Oscar, but wow, forever stained.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 14

I am trying to find a way to get their new series  off my Hulu.  🥴

Unlike Netflix, you can hide shows on Hulu. If you click on those three little dots in the corner of a show or movie you can select the thumbs down "dislike" and they will stop recommending it to you. 

• Useful 15
  • Love 1
(edited)

Because I posted in support of this girl's coming out last year (or five decades ago in internet forum time), this came across my info. Jojo Siwa cut her hair. She's gotten rid of that forehead pulling pony tail.

And it looks great.

She's going to be a judge on So You Think You Can Dance. I'd dropped the show a while back because the judging panel was atrocious (Nigel and Mary). I might give it a go. 

I knew nothing about this girl until she came out. I don't watch her show. I'm not her audience at all. But a happy lesbian growing up and getting a sweet gig is the most interesting news on my twitter feed right now. 

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Love 20