Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Georgia is so underrated, I highly recommend it. Winningham played the potentially thankless role of the well-adjusted older sister with grace and realism. She's a heckuva singer, too!

Oscar nominee for that role. Lost to Mira Sorvino in mighty aphrodite. 

I didn't know she was married to Anthony Edward's. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

12 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

I did not see this one coming! Hope it works out for them and that they are happy.

They went to a lot of events together even after announcing their separation.  And they were taking their time in divorcing.  So given that, I'm not that surprised they're giving reconciliation a go.  I think I'm more surprised that it took 3 years for them to make a decision, any decision, on the status of their marriage.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I was going to say the same thing.  I like both of them.  She was great in St. Elmo's Fire  but I remember her in a TV movie Who is Julia about a woman who suffers a brain aneurysm or something and is pronounced brain dead and has a brain transplant from a woman who is hit by a truck.  Sounds crazy but it was actually a good movie.  Mare's character was a Plain Jane type married with kids and the donor was a rich beautiful woman.  I would love to see it again. 

I remember that movie. In the hands of a lesser actress, the movie might not have worked. She's just so sincere in all her roles.

A smaller role she did was one of the reboots of Twilight Zone called Button Button. She was fantastic playing a character that's a bit unlikable. This one is on YouTube too.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

I remember that movie. In the hands of a lesser actress, the movie might not have worked. She's just so sincere in all her roles.

A smaller role she did was one of the reboots of Twilight Zone called Button Button. She was fantastic playing a character that's a bit unlikable. This one is on YouTube too.

That's probably the best of the newer twilight zone episodes.  Classic.  Didnt realize that was her. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

That's probably the best of the newer twilight zone episodes.  Classic.  Didnt realize that was her. 

Yeah... then it was made into The Box, one of the most infuriatingly shitty movies ever made. 

Sorry, tangent!

Congrats, Mare and Anthony!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Georgia is so underrated, I highly recommend it. Winningham played the potentially thankless role of the well-adjusted older sister with grace and realism.

And totally stole the show from Jennifer Jason Leigh, IMO.  Great performance. 

I'm glad others are as oddly tickled by their relationship as I am.  They both seem like nice people, and I like that he didn't get involved with a woman young enough to be his daughter after getting divorced, but instead found love with a friend who's his equal.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

I'm glad others are as oddly tickled by their relationship as I am.  They both seem like nice people, and I like that he didn't get involved with a woman young enough to be his daughter after getting divorced, but instead found love with a friend who's his equal.

Yes! As a matter of fact, she's older than him by three years! This marriage makes a large blended family - he has four kids and she has five. Hopefully there will be lots of big family dinners. 😁

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Yes! That's a good episode. 

She was also in an episode of another "Twilight Zone"-esque show called 'Night Visions". The episode is called "Still Life", and that one's also on YouTube for anyone who wants to watch it. And she was in an episode of "Criminal Minds" as well. She seems to be one of those people who's popped up in a lot of stuff over the years. 

Congrats to her and Edwards :). 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Yes! As a matter of fact, she's older than him by three years! This marriage makes a large blended family - he has four kids and she has five. Hopefully there will be lots of big family dinners. 😁

All or most of their kids fully grown, I would assume. Big holiday dinners anyway.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

All or most of their kids fully grown, I would assume. Big holiday dinners anyway.

Oh yeah, they'd all be grown. I love how the article mentioned the Edwards/Winningham relationship becoming serious during the pandemic. Patrick Duffy and Linda Purl fell in love during the pandemic. Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor began to reconcile their marriage during lockdown. If the pandemic had a silver lining, this would be it.

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Oh yeah, they'd all be grown. I love how the article mentioned the Edwards/Winningham relationship becoming serious during the pandemic. Patrick Duffy and Linda Purl fell in love during the pandemic. Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor began to reconcile their marriage during lockdown. If the pandemic had a silver lining, this would be it.

I'm glad that Mr. Edwards and Miss Winningham as well as Mr. Duffy and Miss Purl found each other and proved boons to each others during such trying times.

As for Mr. Stiller and Miss Taylor? It's never enviable for parents of children to split- inasmuch as for the kids' sakes, unless one's ex is too toxic to be around even the minors, one must do one's best to at least be civil with the co-parent for the rest of the kids' minorities even if one otherwise would prefer to never see or hear from one's ex ever again (and this doesn't even factor in dealing with ex-in-laws).  However, it seems that they HAVE taken time not just to get to know each other again but also to have worked on the issues that had at least contributed to their initial split. IMO, reconciliations are only positive if changes for the better have been worked on and continue to be addressed.  It seems they've somewhat beaten the odds so (if time tells in their favor), good for them and their offspring! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

This marriage makes a large blended family - he has four kids and she has five.

She has four living - her oldest child committed suicide in his early 20s.  I can't even begin to imagine what that does to a parent and a family.  Every time I see her in something, I mentally give her a hug.

3 hours ago, Zella said:

Halyna Hutchins's widower is finally talking after he filed a civil lawsuit against Alec Baldwin and several other people connected to the Rust film. 

He said Baldwin doing his interview with Stephanopoulos and trying to frame himself as the victim in the story really pissed him off. 

https://www.today.com/news/matt-hutchins-rust-shooting-response-interview-rcna17390

Good for him. That pissed me off too.

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Good for him. That pissed me off too.

Agreed. I initially was sympathetic to Baldwin in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, but he has no sympathy from me anymore. Between that interview and the shit he and his wife have been posting on social media, I really do think they think they are the biggest victims in this story. They're not. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Agreed. I initially was sympathetic to Baldwin in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, but he has no sympathy from me anymore. Between that interview and the shit he and his wife have been posting on social media, I really do think they think they are the biggest victims in this story. They're not. 

So was I. I've hated Baldwin ever since that message to his daughter all those years ago. But being partly responsible for accidentally killing someone would be horrible. But it didn't take long for him to show that he's still a horrible person.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

FWIW, while I definitely believe that Mrs. Hutchin's death via the set shooting needs to be thoroughly gone over with as fine-toothed  forensic and legal comb as possible and that it's best not to jump ANY conclusions (regardless of how we may like or dislike other individuals who were on the set at the time), I definitely think that Mr. and Mrs. Baldwin crossed the line between between expressing regret that this tragedy had  happened and throwing themselves such a MAJOR pity party that one would think that they believed that they (the Baldwins) had suffered the most from the loss of Mrs. Hutchins instead of Mr. Hutchins, their young son and the rest of their own family and loved ones. While I perfectly understand and sympathize with Mr. Hutchins, I only hope that somehow other parties' lawyers don't attempt to twist the words he said on vid against him! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

I definitely believe that Mrs. Hutchin's death via the set shooting needs to be thoroughly gone over with as fine-toothed  forensic and legal comb as possible and that it's best not to jump ANY conclusions

I think a major part of Alec's problem is that he insists that he didn't pull the trigger, and yet several experts have come forward (and even demonstrated), saying that it's impossible for the gun to go off unless the trigger was pulled.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I join those who were delighted over the news of Mare Winngham and Anthony Edwards’ recent marriage.  I wanted to add how I am also thrilled to see mature actors working in their craft, specifically Winngham in her touching portrayal of a parent with a child who suffers opioid addiction in the Hulu mini series Dopesick.  Riveting.     

https://ew.com/tv/tv-reviews/dopesick-review-hulu-michael-keaton/

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wanted to add how I am also thrilled to see mature actors working in their craft, specifically Winngham in her touching portrayal of a parent with a child who suffers opioid addiction in the Hulu mini series Dopesick.  Riveting.     

That was such a good show.  Heartbreaking subject matter but I thought all the actors were great.  Any time you see Mare Winningham you know you are in for some high quality material.  

I was remembering her role on ER and I was shocked she hadn't been nominated for an Emmy for that.   She was nominated seven other times and did win two.  One for Amber Waves and one for George Wallace.

• Love 7
On 2/23/2022 at 11:40 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

The obvious come back would be to tell Rosie that you know her husband Chris O'Donnell.

Hah! Funny hehe.  I always wondered if the NBC Washington reporter Kelly O'Donnell was her ex, but I've been told no

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

I think a major part of Alec's problem is that he insists that he didn't pull the trigger, and yet several experts have come forward (and even demonstrated), saying that it's impossible for the gun to go off unless the trigger was pulled.

Technically, I agree with you. HOWEVER, I wish that Mr. Hutchins had not allowed his beliefs re Mr. Baldwin having pulled said trigger be put on vid- mainly because, like it or not(and I DON'T), lawyers for the  parties besides Mr. Hutchins can consider that a statement of public record AND could possibly use that to try to hurt Mr. Hutchin's case. One of many reasons I loathed Nancy Grace was because this former prosecutor( who kept claiming to be fighting for victims), CONSTANTLY kept trying to get victims and their families to spill their guts over the details of the crimes themselves ON CAMERA which could have EASILY been used by the alleged perps' lawyers to hurt the victims' cases.  A few decades ago, Billie Jean King was on a sports talk show when they tried to ask her about the then-current case of her former assistant suing her for damages- and Ms. King shut that down by spelling it out that the opposition's lawyers could use her POV about the allegations to potentially damage Ms. King's defense and she could ONLY talk about her emotional reactions to it. Good for Ms. King and too bad no one attempted to advise Mr. Hutchins re the potential pitfalls. 

• Useful 8

Sad about Miss Kellerman's passing but I've seen at least   one media outlet have the headline of M*A*S*H's Hot Lips Houlihan dying so I hope the 84-year-old Loretta Swit hasn't gotten any premature death notices from her movie counterpart's coverage! 

• Love 6

Hutchins himself is a prominent lawyer with a degree from Harvard Law and has apparently hired one of the most aggressive firms in LA to represent him. I think a lot more thought has gone into his one appearance and what was said legally with the media than any of Baldwin's meltdowns. 

• Useful 16
  • Love 5
On 2/24/2022 at 3:40 PM, Bastet said:
On 2/24/2022 at 11:30 AM, Wiendish Fitch said:

Georgia is so underrated, I highly recommend it. Winningham played the potentially thankless role of the well-adjusted older sister with grace and realism.

And totally stole the show from Jennifer Jason Leigh, IMO. 

The hell!  JJL should have been Oscar nominated for Sadie Flood, man.

Her version of Take Me Back was fire!

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, MsTree said:

The DA in charge of deciding whether or not to prosecute found that it can be done with that kind of gun. I guess we have to wait for the official FBI analysis of the actual gun in question. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The DA in charge of deciding whether or not to prosecute found that it can be done with that kind of gun. I guess we have to wait for the official FBI analysis of the actual gun in question. 

Should be interesting, especially with conflicting "expert" analysis.

• Useful 3
On 2/24/2022 at 11:30 AM, Wiendish Fitch said:

Georgia is so underrated, I highly recommend it. Winningham played the potentially thankless role of the well-adjusted older sister with grace and realism. She's a heckuva singer, too!

I saw her in Girl From the North Country on Broadway 2 years ago (2 years - ugh).  The show is lovely (I hope it re-opens soon) and she is wonderful in it.  Here she is singing Forever Young.

• Love 10
On 2/25/2022 at 11:45 AM, Zella said:

Hutchins himself is a prominent lawyer with a degree from Harvard Law and has apparently hired one of the most aggressive firms in LA to represent him. I think a lot more thought has gone into his one appearance and what was said legally with the media than any of Baldwin's meltdowns. 

Right there you demonstrated the main difference between the two men in this case. Hutchins seems very deliberate and methodical. Baldwin, as he's demonstrated time and again, has absolutely no filter. His lawyers have to be pulling their hair out because he just won't (can't?) shut up!

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

His lawyers have to be pulling their hair out because he just won't (can't?) shut up!

I watched Baldwin's interview with George Stephanopoulos wondering how many drinks I'd have to pound if he was my client, and concluded I'd have been hospitalized with acute alcohol poisoning by the end.

He had a lot of goodwill coming into that interview - people were starting to realize he was likely culpable as a producer of a film on which safety procedures were not followed, but as the actor who inadvertently killed someone with a gun he had every reason to believe was cold, he had the sympathy of even a lot of people who don't like him in general.  After that, though - gone.

• Useful 7
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Baldwin, as he's demonstrated time and again, has absolutely no filter. His lawyers have to be pulling their hair out because he just won't (can't?) shut up!

What's crazy is as unhinged as Baldwin is on social media, he looks positively normal and contained compared to his wife. She sometimes posts 40-50 times a day, and it can be some really weird shit. If I had to do PR for either one of them, I'd be like Lloyd Bridges on Airplane. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

What's crazy is as unhinged as Baldwin is on social media, he looks positively normal and contained compared to his wife. She sometimes posts 40-50 times a day, and it can be some really weird shit. If I had to do PR for either one of them, I'd be like Lloyd Bridges on Airplane. 

Now that Law & Order is back, I'm wondering when the ripped from the headlines episode about this case will be made. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Zella said:

She sometimes posts 40-50 times a day, and it can be some really weird shit.

40-50 times a day? That girl needs a life because apparently taking care of all those kids isn't enough for her 🙄

• LOL 8
Just now, MsTree said:

40-50 times a day? That girl needs a life because apparently taking care of all those kids isn't enough for her 🙄

She almost always studiously ignores the army of nannies who are actually raising them in her postings, but a lot of times you can see them in paparazzi pictures of Baldwin family outings. My guess is neither of them spend much time with the kids. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Well this could explain why they are still together.   He actually doesn't mind her "post or it didn't happen" ways.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Which could be all that's saving the world from Baldwins 2.0.

I definitely think they are better off. She seems to intensely dislike at least one of them and often stages pictures of him in which she claims he defaced stuff with profanity but it was clearly written by an adult. 

56 minutes ago, Zella said:

I definitely think they are better off. She seems to intensely dislike at least one of them and often stages pictures of him in which she claims he defaced stuff with profanity but it was clearly written by an adult. 

Wait-I need to know more about this. Are you talking about a child she doesn't like or Alex? I ran over to Instagram but didn't see it.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Wait-I need to know more about this. Are you talking about a child she doesn't like or Alex? I ran over to Instagram but didn't see it.

She posts a lot of things as stories, so they disappear. It was happening a lot in November. It's her son Rafael who is 6. She will post pictures of him next to profanity she claims he scrawled (like, and I quote, "Fuck ya poop" on the family car) or notes she claims he wrote in which he says he's worthless. The cunt thinks it's funny? A lot of it looks like an adult wrote it. But either way, the whole thing is very disturbing. I am pretty sure she has a diagnosable personality disorder. 

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/26/hilaria-baldwins-son-rafa-writes-swear-words-on-family-car-15669396/

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

She posts a lot of things as stories, so they disappear. It was happening a lot in November. It's her son Rafael who is 6. She will post pictures of him next to profanity she claims he scrawled (like, and I quote, "Fuck ya poop" on the family car) or notes she claims he wrote in which he says he's worthless. The cunt thinks it's funny? A lot of it looks like an adult wrote it. But either way, the whole thing is very disturbing. I am pretty sure she has a diagnosable personality disorder. 

Zella, Thank you. I somehow missed that story about her. She is nuts.

• Love 9
Just now, GiveMeSpace said:

Zella, Thank you. I somehow missed that story about her. She is nuts.

You're welcome! I started following her stuff because I thought it was amusing in a "what a dumbass" way, but I quickly discovered that it's actually incredibly disturbing. I feel terrible for those kids. :( 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Zella said:

There is no amount of money on Earth that would make being their publicist worth it. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Zella said:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/26/hilaria-baldwins-son-rafa-writes-swear-words-on-family-car-15669396/

Egads! Regardless of whether Mrs. Baldwin (as per  her claim) dropped the ball at raising at least one child with even the minimum  of manners or taste[IOW, becoming a New Millenium Osbourne Parent] OR (at worst) posted this to attempt  to frame her own young son by claiming him to have had vile manners, her postings make her own husband's 'thoughtless little pig ' remark to his now-grown daughter seem like an anecdote fondly recalled at a Parent of the Year Banquet. Since Mr. Baldwin seems to have be making little if any sincere attempts at trying to stop this evident trainwreck in progress (despite having had previous experience in parenting), are there ANY grown relatives or family friends looking out for these kids' interests. ..and, if not, is Children's Services aware of this?! This is HORRIBLE! 

5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

There is no amount of money on Earth that would make being their publicist worth it. 

3 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Or their lawyer.

Not only would   Baldwin Employees need PTSD Compensation but their own private rubber rooms and straight jackets to chill out in after their shifts are over! 

• Love 7

Just because you have the money to have a bajillion kids and hire nannies to care for them you don't have the right to speak evil of those kids or denigrate them. That is just wrong on all levels. It is cruel on all levels...

• Love 16
On 2/27/2022 at 11:29 PM, Gramto6 said:

Just because you have the money to have a bajillion kids and hire nannies to care for them you don't have the right to speak evil of those kids or denigrate them. That is just wrong on all levels. It is cruel on all levels...

Absolutely 100 percent AGREE with you here!

If the child didn't say or do these things, it's horrible that she's slandered him   in such a public and, frankly,  sadistic manner.

But even IF her 6-year-old son actually said or did these things, as Mrs. 'Princessa Caraboo' Baldwin has claimed, the fault doesn't lie with that small child but in how he's been RAISED and what kinds of examples he's  had to draw  from the so-called adults in his life. IOW, she and Mr. Baldwin need to tend to fixing their own house rather than soiling their own nests via spotlighting the kids who weren't provided the most polite, positive . ..or healthy parental examples possible! Oh, and I hope everyone notices that I'm not letting Mr. Hothead Baldwin off the hookeroo for, at the very least, tacitly condoning Mrs. Baldwin's spectacles instead of attempting to stop or even apologize for them. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 14