Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Cindy's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Cindy is resistant to change and has spent years creating a world that makes her feel safe. When her friend notices Cindy's health declining rapidly due to her size, she pushes Cindy to move to Houston and see Dr. Now. But Cindy isn't so easily persuaded. 

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the initial showings. 

Original air date 2021.01.20

2 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

I had copious mimosas today which means lots of empty calories. Dr Now would not approve! Hello pounders

I'm guessing your chat will be interesting!

Hi All--great day today.  I'm celebrating with linguini and Trader Joe's vegetarian "meat"balls!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I managed an hour with Samantha, didn’t watch thedrick, keep trying with Carrie. I may just watch Schitt’s Creek (I’ve been binging). I haven’t been into this show since beginning of season 6....probably the brothers Steven and Justin killed it for me. 

and it used to be my go to show for just having in the background 🥺

• Love 6

Just had steak and green beans.. my RED MEAT for the month!!  Now i just have to find the nerve to give myself my cholesterol shot (they don't make my cholesterol medication that i had been on for 10 yrs.. anymore.. CRYING AND HOWLING in the bathroom.. it is not a thin needle)..lol Go pounders!!

• Love 2

Good evening, my people! Tonight's eating habit was scrambled eggs and wheat toast, with some red bell pepper on the side (or maybe it was an appetizer, since I ate it while I was cooking the eggs). Just made some hot chocolate for dessert, because I'm cold and also I wanted an excuse to eat marshmallows and whipped cream.

All right, let's go!

3be000ebe3801de1cac1dad055140781.gif

• Love 5

hi pounders.

I am wiped out, but I am determined to stay up for the chat.   We need a success story.

My eating habit tonight was teriyaki salmon from a box (Sea Cuisine) and a sweet potato with butter and cinnamon.  Dessert was several chocolate chip cookies,  but I deserved them!!!!!

• Love 9

Hi everyone! My eating habit was dinner out at the Red Hen restaurant! My girlfriend and I shared a cheese plate and she had a steak. I had pan seared chicken with risotto. For dessert we split a lemon meringue. Delish!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

I managed an hour with Samantha, didn’t watch thedrick, keep trying with Carrie. I may just watch Schitt’s Creek (I’ve been binging). I haven’t been into this show since beginning of season 6....probably the brothers Steven and Justin killed it for me. 

and it used to be my go to show for just having in the background 🥺

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I wonder what her reading was? I just took my insulin before eating. You're supposed to take meds / eat according to the reading. I wonder if she's just dosing and eating what the heck she wants?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

She has a home health provider (which is unusual for these folks) who has no power to make her eat healthy food.

So she does her insulin then shovels in half a plate of carbs (french fries). Great job.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Hi y’all! I’ve been catching up on this season’s episodes this week. Didn’t even realize it had come back on! So glad I made it for chat.

We've missed you...but also, I just figured it out last week! 😂

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

She has a home health provider (which is unusual for these folks) who has no power to make her eat healthy food.

So she does her insulin then shovels in half a plate of carbs (french fries). Great job.

Well that insulin would go to waste if not for a pile of carbs!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Hi all!  My eating habit tonight was a beet salad and rice & seaweed crackers.  Lunch was leftover Mexican bowl from yesterday.  

This is my first live chat of the year and I hope this episode is going to be a good one!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Jesus, cameraman, I do not need a close up of her mouth eating

They just want us to feel the pain of being a cameraman on this show. 

She was big when she was a little kid. 140 lbs by 10. 

How awful, molested at eight.    I hope whoever molested her is burning in hell.  

300 lbs by 18.   Fell down the stairs at 25, couldn't work, and gained a lot.   500 by age 30.      Lymphedema by 35, diabetes by 36 or 37 in the hospital for a year, and lost 100 lbs., to 450 or so, and gained it right back.       

Portland TX is over three hours to Dr. Now's office.     That's going to be an ordeal, and I hope she uses medical transport, nothing else will be safe enough. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Cindy Vela, age 45, Portland, TX.    

Poor woman, she's in bad shape. 

that's about 3 hours from Houston so I am betting they will spend the night on the road,  that is, if they even make the trip.

We were on a road trip when our daughter was very young, and we mentioned spending the night on the road.  She freaked, because she thought we had to sleep in the median of the interstate if not in the middle of it. 

• LOL 10